• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripter Farming Painted Caves on Many Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- I hate to be mean, but the bold is false.

Why? Because you are automating a task that speeds up your ability to impact both the game and the economy.

Btw, if you are talking about using (scripting with) UO macros or UOAssist, then I apologize for assuming the term 'scripting' means utilizing illegal programs in order to write macros.

Btw, with UO macros, UOAssist macros (what $15? No excuse to use illegal programs to script), and now KR macros: There is not much reason at all to use an illegal application if you like to consider yourself a legitimate UO player. Many, many keystrokes can be avoided all-the-while playing within the established rules of the game by simply utilizing what is legally available.

the working of my skill has nothing to do with the game or its economy. it has absolutely no affect on you as a player. if i were using the skill for ill gotten gains perhaps then i would agree. i use UO assist frequently btw.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just wanna take this time to say,

scripters can respond to GMs with their cell phones in the movies. There needs to be like a field sobriety test for scripters that GMs do meet.

P

packrat

i just wanna take this time to say,

scripters can respond to GMs with their cell phones in the movies. There needs to be like a field sobriety test for scripters that GMs do meet.
Thats the best suggestion I have heard in a long time. Great idea! :thumbup1:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just because accounts were banned doesn´t mean that a lot of duped and scripted stuff from those accounts doesn´t still remain in the game.

If I´m not mistaken, Vine Cord Sandals is a great example of this.

And I remember reading a thread a year or two ago about an IDOC. When the house fell some guys or guild found hundreds of barbed kits in some containers. I think it was stated that it was a former/banned scripter/dupers house that fell.
My memory is weak so I could be wrong on the details though...

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mister E. These guys are scripting the bods also. They have ways of hiding it and people have already pointed it out in other post. We are not here to grief the honest people. We are here to make others aware of whats going on. And as much right as you have to complain about us, we have just as much right to complain about them. I don't page on everyone I see sitting still. If I go to a place and they are there 24/7 and doing the same thing and not responding to odd game play then you know these guys are not real players. Then I report them. I never ask anyone if they are at the keyboard because at times when i have to do things and I dont log out. I will walk away from the computer for a few minutes and come right back.
And the more people we make aware of the problem the more we might change someones mind about buying gold over the internet. I don't buy gold over the internet because of this very problem.

agreed. what you are doing is fine and i have no issues with it. all i want to see is people spending more time enjoying the game and less time griping about what they dont like about it. too many people are enjoying the game less as a result of the negative role griefing plays in the game and is often reflected here on the boards.

as far as changes to scripting and the likes, i dont see it happening. EA had their opportunity to stop the problem with working to implement punkbusters. (afterwords if you reember they said they scrapped that in order to make thier own anti cheat software...that never even made it into KR) they also have limited their GM service substantially. so...like one another or not...we are the game. the more we police the actions of others in trammel facet (notice the word trammel) the less people will play. i mean hey, would you smoke that jiont with a police officer looking over your shoulder? now substitute the joint for UO.

P

packrat

My memory is weak so I could be wrong on the details though...
You are correct. These guys are not crazy. They dont keep items on the accounts they are doing this with. They transfer to other accounts and keep the market flooded with these goods.

J

Joyous2K

Let's see if we can end this flame war and move the discussion in a more fruitful direction.

Let's suppose for the moment that through a combination of player reporting and GM actions, scripting gets pretty much shut down. Here is what happens: the value of gold in real dollars rises because of the effort involved. At some point it becomes viable to use third world labor to do the farming instead of scripts.

The result is you are likely see live controlled characters in the same places and doing all the same actions you see the scripters now. So to each of you: How would you feel about this? Why is it different and how does it improve your game experience.

I am not advocating here, just trying to dig down to the underlying issues.
I am not in favor of selling UO things for RL currency. It is still the same basic problem, although I would love to see the posse out griefing the third worlders. EA is the entity now. UO is the product. The devs are the tools. That is the canvas, the paint and the brush.

I'm not looking forward to starting any new relationships with UOGoldDiggaz or watching the 20/20 stories about Juan and Juana, the disgruntled employees of GolDiggaz South American operation.

The whole thing is out of whack. Somebody has 28 characters to collect bods and got two of the good hammers in 4 years. That is a serious problem. To get 1 piece of the armor from the zoo requires 2444 unicorn trips. Why? What is the point? Maybe the first 10 trips were challenging and a "new" gameplay experience. Maybe the first 500 proved you are dedicated to UO grinding. But the last 1944 unicorn trips? Why is it necessary to do that 2444 times to get a medium/good piece of armor?

The problem is in game design and player demand for things they cannot attain. EA/UO/Devs can stem demand by increasing supply, and improve game design.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is in game design and player demand for things they cannot attain. EA/UO/Devs can stem demand by increasing supply, and improve game design.
Yes! Good to see some get it.

I actually think I could make a case that bots potentially improve new player retention, and therefore game longevity, for the item centric grindy design of the game as it exists. But alas, my fire resistance is much too low tonight. Perhaps some other day.

Leveling the playing field away from played time requirements and making game play more interesting is the solution to the problem. Problem is, although incremental improvements are possible, we are a long way from where it needs to be. And radical design changes has it's own issues as well.

A

Ash

Ahh look, Grobu's fur is going to be a turn in item.. Hopefully will be worth enough points to get more people in there fighting and thus drive scripters out.

rolleyes:

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh look, Grobu's fur is going to be a turn in item.. Hopefully will be worth enough points to get more people in there fighting and thus drive scripters out.

rolleyes:
Hmm think the DEV's put that in for us? Would be nice to get a reward out of it.

Guess who's going hunting tonight...

MWHAHA

A

Ash

Hmm think the DEV's put that in for us? Would be nice to get a reward out of it.

Guess who's going hunting tonight...
Well, being out to farm Grobu means best strategy is to get Lurg to the front so only Grobu keeps spawning in the back. Does Grobu have chance at dropping ML arties like Lurg does? After all he is a named beastie. I got about 10 furs from before but that isn't enough to determine if he will/won't drop arties.

A

Azureal

Well, being out to farm Grobu means best strategy is to get Lurg to the front so only Grobu keeps spawning in the back. Does Grobu have chance at dropping ML arties like Lurg does? After all he is a named beastie. I got about 10 furs from before but that isn't enough to determine if he will/won't drop arties.
Your reasoning is sound. Definitely move Lurg out of the way. Towards the front of the caverns is best I reckon.

E

Ericge99

I was doing just that, training tactics on my mage char, since gone red from killing them, Oh well, thats life. plenty to keep be busy, at Painted Caves.
I have noted that if your there they dont come in for long... they bolt fast.

S

Sheridan

Alright folks... another thread cleanup was done to clear out the pointless, offtopic bickering. Please keep it civil and take the boardwarrioring to PMs or just drop the subject altogether.

I understand the impact and importance of keeping this thread alive and frankly, the last thing I want to do is lock it.

And to those of you screaming for a developer response, I think we should keep in mind the context of past exploits or issues that received massive player outcry and attention. What comes to mind are the vine cord sandals... the burnt houses in Luna... changeling shrouds and the monk robes... sigil hued items... the LOD and KoC bannings... etc etc. All these situations had one thing in common and that was there was little to no previous discussion from the developers prior to taking action. Those of us that have been around for a while should hardly be surprised here. The devs or Jeremy not responding to this thread shouldn't be seen as an indication of ignorance - the dev team is not blind to the hot topics that get huge amounts of views and replies. On the contrary, the fact that no one has addressed this officially, if you look at the history of the game, is an indication that something is in the works and their lips are sealed to keep from tipping off any offenders. If you've ever watched a SWAT or sting operation, the officers don't park at the end of the block and get on a bullhorn to announce that they're going to be doing a raid soon. They hit hard and fast and without warning to get as many bad guys as they can at once.

Don't be disheartened that you haven't heard anything from the dev team. I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, direct your anger towards EA, the players would have no need to act against scripters if the darn GMs actually took action. This form of gold scripting has been on the go for years, it needs to go. How will we get any players to follow the rules if these blatant cheats are allowed to play?

We are quite frankly sick to the stomach of unpunished cheating, especially when changes are made to slow it down, affecting legit players while the bots seem to just carry on with a new script. Breaking point has been reached, and for the sake of the legit players EA need to act before we get further out of hand or just quit.

Scripting, whatever the reason or excuse is illegal. If someone passes you, they don't know what you're doing or why, they just see another player who they suspect is a scripter. I'd suggest using UOAssist to help you train skills, you can setup long macros that are 100% legal. Go somewhere quiet when you do so and there is far less chance of someone bothering you.

If you can't type long responses, why not set 1 key macros for simple phrases you could use instead? Is there no voice recognition software that you can use alongside UO to make it easier? If it doesn't work with UO, this is something you should let Jeremy and the team know. There are numerous disabled players, but the thing is, EA may not realise what causes them issues in UO, or how to make their gaming easier. As a disabled player, you're in the best position to advise them surely.

Wenchy

O

oompaloompa

the problem is if you legalize scripting EA doesnt make money anymore. Whats the point of transferring shards when you can get everything u want on one shard. Most don't transfer because they wanna try new shards. Most transfer because they wanna make gold and so they transfer to dif shards buy cheap and transfer back. The problem is, the way wow is set up if you wanna make items you put in how many u want up to a specific amount and hit make. On uo you have to non stop double click a tool if you wanna make items. I don't blame anyone for wanting to script in moderation. Many of you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to craft in uo. Over time your wrists start to hurt because of the non stop moving this or clicking that. So the easiest thing is to script all this stuff or EA needs to make a better format on doing these tedious things more efficient. Like wow who allows you to make interfaces for the game, I think EA should do similar.

C

Craftyone

the problem is if you legalize scripting EA doesnt make money anymore. Whats the point of transferring shards when you can get everything u want on one shard. Most don't transfer because they wanna try new shards. Most transfer because they wanna make gold and so they transfer to dif shards buy cheap and transfer back. The problem is, the way wow is set up if you wanna make items you put in how many u want up to a specific amount and hit make. On uo you have to non stop double click a tool if you wanna make items. I don't blame anyone for wanting to script in moderation. Many of you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to craft in uo. Over time your wrists start to hurt because of the non stop moving this or clicking that. So the easiest thing is to script all this stuff or EA needs to make a better format on doing these tedious things more efficient. Like wow who allows you to make interfaces for the game, I think EA should do similar.

But they did!! You haven't tried KR crafting yet? You can actually go through the crafting menu and apply the number of items you wish to make now. You can also make all of them marked quest items now in just like two easy clicks no matter the number. Much easier now for bowcrafters in heartwood doing the fletching quest. I think the Devs have listened and tried to make long overdo changes in crafting that many have asked for over the years. Yes, so I only craft in KR now, but that's an improved system. It's what we have asked for. They are still making more improvements as we move forward. If that is trully what you wanted and didn't know it has already been put in game for you, well...?? My thanks to the Dev team for at least moving forward this much on a long overdo crafting issue. It's ours to use now, I see no reason to ask for it any longer, it's here, most of us read it when it came out and are really enjoying using it. Much easier and quicker. Very friendly menu.:thumbup1:

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright folks... another thread cleanup was done to clear out the pointless, offtopic bickering. Please keep it civil and take the boardwarrioring to PMs or just drop the subject altogether.

I understand the impact and importance of keeping this thread alive and frankly, the last thing I want to do is lock it.
It is good to see moderated moderation :thumbup: Thank you for taking the time to fix it rather then toss it down the tube.

This issue affects every player, whether they are aware of it or not. And the hope is that understanding the underlying issues instead of just the symptoms will help lead development towards the best longterm solutions.

Edited to add: I think it is important to recognize that there are actually three issues here:

Scripting (in two forms, semi-automated or completely automated play)
Unattended play (using either of the above)
Real Money Trades (RMT)

Since the botters are using all three, it is easy for the arguments to become muddled.

A

Ash

But they did!! You haven't tried KR crafting yet? You can actually go through the crafting menu and apply the number of items you wish to make now. You can also make all of them marked quest items now in just like two easy clicks no matter the number. Much easier now for bowcrafters in heartwood doing the fletching quest. I think the Devs have listened and tried to make long overdo changes in crafting that many have asked for over the years. Yes, so I only craft in KR now, but that's an improved system. It's what we have asked for. They are still making more improvements as we move forward. If that is trully what you wanted and didn't know it has already been put in game for you, well...?? My thanks to the Dev team for at least moving forward this much on a long overdo crafting issue. It's ours to use now, I see no reason to ask for it any longer, it's here, most of us read it when it came out and are really enjoying using it. Much easier and quicker. Very friendly menu.:thumbup1:
I agree with the crafting menus in KR with the make number/max, but it still needs work since it stops if you fail so really is only helpful for items you have 100% success chance, which i understand is fine for the heartwood quests and bod filling. But not so good for training or trying to craft harder items. Still use it though i just get frustrated when i fail. If they could get it to where it keeps going till actually made 10 items (or 100 if filling kegs) then it would be amazing.

O

oompaloompa

No i have not tried KR in a long time. When i did try it when it came out, i was very unhappy with the client as i was when 3rd dawn came out. Ive played 2d for 8 years and rather enjoy the game this way. I don't see why they cant inter grade that into 2d as well

C

Craftyone

I totally agree Ash. It would be nice if they could make it so it would continue going until it makes the number you requested even if you fail. Like for heavy crossbows or something. Maybe they will implement that. I have a feeling they aren't done with crafting, just one step at a time and test to see how that adjustment works. As for training, I use another legal program, UO Assist. I made an extra crafter from scratch and invested the one time $15 dollars. Yes, some don't have the money or dissagree with using it. But it's legal. I record a macro to lets say make twenty five iron maces with UO Assist in 2D and then as soon as it is done, I smelt it. All the while I'm sitting there with my toon. It's not unattended. But, it does cut down on my sore wrist & fingers and I just need to change items at higher levels, make a new macro, get more ingots and smelt. For $15, it's a pretty streamlined way and legal to train in 2D before I start using the nice KR menus. Seems to work fine with me. :)

N

Nenime

:bored: Naaaa. It's mentioned several times before: This thread isn't about makros in general.
It's about a massive exploitation which is going on on several shards simultaneous. It's about someone who misuses this game to make reallife money and doesn't care about ruining the game balance and spoiling the fun of many other players.

C

Cysphruo

this isnt a crafting thread...
theyve "fixed" the scripter problem by adding the grobu's fur to the turn in list hoping people will go there to farm getting the scripter killed.

R

Revoke-

I was down at painted caves today with the same idea as many people have, going to hunt down the scripters (and do the GM's job for them). After killing one of the guys (after messing about with him by blocking him with boxes for a bit etc..) we casted res on him figuring that he'd simply be unattended and wouldn't do anything. After a few minutes to our surprise he ressed and started to talk to us.
Now i cant say if this is true for all of the scripters but for this individual one me and my friend talked to him for a bit (this is the same one who has been at europa for a while with the generic heartwood set).
He told us in some very basic english, that he was chinese, working for a company who made money by selling the gold, we managed to get some information out of him but it seems like he and about 100 others were working shifts to make gold and so this is probably why they are more attended rather than not simply because we are dealing with a large group of people. This isn't a normal case of a person scripting as many of you are presuming, if you take the time to talk to these people maybe you can find out more. Like i said this may not be the case for all of the scripters but just what this individual said.

I highly doubt this individual is intentionally going out of his way to harm the gameplay of the game, rather just making a living.

C

Cysphruo

it doesnt matter if there's someone watching or not, they are without a doubt scripting and running multiple accounts illegally and they have said so ingame...
plus the gold they farm jacks up the economy lowering the value of gold and items.

last night i lured the lurg down to the entrance so i could hunt the grobu easier and the script arrived, died at the entrance to the lurg because he isnt setup to fight it properly, i went outside to watch him sit for 10 minutes and bring in another character... they each went in one by one and died without a care... i watched him come back to kill the lurg finally and proceed to farm the trogs for gold, i lured the lurg back down to the entrance where one of his characters died and he took both characters outside to rez, outside i watch his one character spam the word "bank" and "sanctum viatus" for a good 10 minutes while the other character stood beside him.

Doesn't matter if someones sitting there, if there was someone sitting at every account it might make a difference but they have one person watching who knows how many accounts that are all running scripts to farm gold.

N

Nenime

I highly doubt this individual is intentionally going out of his way to harm the gameplay of the game, rather just making a living.
Yes but just because some poor guys are doing something for a living doesn't make it right. Not at all. The mayority of people on this world proof everyday that you can earn money in a legal and moral way. To convince this people that their doing is wrong will help themselves as well. Me I highly doubt that they have good working conditions. Never heard of a scripter labor union.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have always known this was a large operation. What's frightening is that this operation is profitable enough to pay 100 people's weekly wages, pay for 30+ UO accounts and still make enough money for them to make enough profit to keep going.

It will do no good to ban just the bots in the caves. This has to end at top levels or it will just start over. Even if they do manage to rout these people from UO, I guarantee they are operating in other games, too.

R

Revoke-

Yes but just because some poor guys are doing something for a living doesn't make it right. Not at all. The mayority of people on this world proof everyday that you can earn money in a legal and moral way. To convince this people that their doing is wrong will help themselves as well. Me I highly doubt that they have good working conditions. Never heard of a scripter labor union.
Not for a second am i saying that what they are doing is legal, all i'm saying is just have a second think when your saying these people are deliberately going out their way to ruin the enjoyment of the "legit" players. These people may not have a choice whether or not to do this, they may not even know it is illegal (even though ignorance is no excuse).

N

Nenime

Not for a second am i saying that what they are doing is legal, all i'm saying is just have a second think when your saying these people are deliberately going out their way to ruin the enjoyment of the "legit" players. These people may not have a choice whether or not to do this, they may not even know it is illegal (even though ignorance is no excuse).
It's understood. You have pity with their economical situation and so do I. But again, poverty is never an excuse for doing something wrong. As you say they may not even know. So it's just another strategy to speak to their conscience.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have always known this was a large operation. What's frightening is that this operation is profitable enough to pay 100 people's weekly wages, pay for 30+ UO accounts and still make enough money for them to make enough profit to keep going.
There is definitely not a player behind every one of those bots. It is likely one person, perhaps a couple doing them all with the aid of scripts. If a bunch of people got together and started bothering them on multiple shards at the same time it would be easy to tell how many people are managing them. I would be stunned if every single one of them reacted instantly. Even when I am killing two at the same time only one moves.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course ... JC has taken advantage of this situation to lure on to ANYONE in the caves - scripter or not. I was there yesterday - very obviously NOT one of the scripters, AND I even spoke to him, he STILL e-fielded me in and lured Lurg and Grobu onto me. He must have been very disappointed when he found I did not have a single gold piece on me, only pots and bandies.

BTW JC, I think that is beyond chicken****. IF you are going to kill someone, IN FEL, take the risk of a count instead of being a worm.

Ailish ~ AKA Wicked

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course ... JC has taken advantage of this situation to lure on to ANYONE in the caves - scripter or not. I was there yesterday - very obviously NOT one of the scripters, AND I even spoke to him, he STILL e-fielded me in and lured Lurg and Grobu onto me. He must have been very disappointed when he found I did not have a single gold piece on me, only pots and bandies.
I killed a player in Felucca. I am obviously a bad person.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't really matter if I killed you by monsters or with Flamestrikes. You were going down either way and the time it would take to switch to a murderer character would not have been worth the extra effort.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't it be funny if they added some "Protector PK" bots/scripts that will cast on anyone who enters the cave except for them? That would surely be one interesting sight to see.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Mister E. on a lot of things and points. I for one enjoy filling bods. When I'm not running around fel, I fill and turn in bods. Its kind of a mild obsession really. I am also one of the few "legit" bod fillers there is out there.

Once or twice a week I make my haul of 100-200 bods to the tailor and no sooner that I enter that room I get 1 to 3 party invites, followed by people poping oil cloths in my trade window, followed by the many "hi's" and "do you have any barbed kits for sale?" comments. Followed by the small talk that comes after just to see if I'm attended. I don't like being rude and ignoring people, but if I don't it sucks up sooo much of my time and it takes me twice as long to complete my task. And if I do then everyone shouts scriptor.

I don't have a lot of time to play lately, and fighting off people thinking I'm scripting takes up half of it, and really does take the enjoyment out of it for me.

A

Ash

I normally ignore the uninvited party invites anyway as seen jerks use that and guild invites to grief new players. Get them to accept party, give permission for party member to loot and take somewhere to get killed.

Can't speak for others, but i don't naturally assume every person working bods at a tailor or smith shop are scripting, or heartwood for that matter. I have spent my fair share of hours standing with 2 mules in heartwood cranking through quests and have several rare recipes to prove it. Never did the bow quest or got any runic though.

While I hole heartedly state it is easy to spot gold farmers, I have to concede the point that finger pointing at runic/bod workers is without any supporting evidence. In that i agree while it is probable that someone that is in heartwood daily for several hours is a scripter, i wouldn't even feel comfortable paging since there is no way for a player to make that determination. Simply because they don't reply to a hello is no reason as when i was working the quests in heartwood I normally had my screen covered with packs, crafting menu etc so most likely wouldn't see anyone talking to me and even if i did no guarantee I would have felt obliged to respond.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In reply to Giggles, he gets the gist of what my issue is with the game and these forums today.

Why must my playtime be spent saying *hi*, cancelling trade windows while crafting, worrying about weather my invised golem is gonna kill me, or tryign to find my beetle someone just invised. Then there is the answering of GMs when people page, being stuck in jail while you explain your name is legit, and even being suspended for what was deemed legal.

For what??? Because someone has to stick their nose up my butt making it all but comfortable to play? Because someone doesnt like how five minutes ago I killed them on an alternate char? Its silly people, if anything keep your griefing to fel and let the GMs worry about people scripting in trammel. I see the phrase *lets be adults* thrown on the table too often, and hopefully my post will show the current state of how adult our players are acting today.

For goodness sake, to think the people in game acting like teenagers are actually 35 to 50+ astonishes me. To the moderators who allow the constant discussions of griefing in trammel, you ought to be ashamed. You are allowing people to break the very rules this forum is supposed to be bound to. And also (mods) feel free to give me a warning, I dont quite feel content with the one I got for defending myself over personal attacks vs my disability.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you've got your screen covered in packs the text would show up over! Although my main grief is with the farmers. The Heartwood scripters wouldnt be any good unless they have a resource scripting program to get them the resources they are using up. Same with the Bod scripters, again they will be running one hell of an operation to get the resources and on Europa I can show you two locations in Malas where these bots are AFK resouce gathering. The scripts are quite good as well becuase as soon as they see a blue name they recall off and abort. Easy to stop there!

While I can be empathic towards the scripters suitation, I cannot accept this is the way to do it. I used to work in a supermarket and caught many shop lifters, some needed the food, others did it for fun. Either way it was wrong, they got arrested and now hold a criminal record. I now work with children as I mentioned before. Last week one of the children lashed out at one of the senior kids and caused a painful injury. I know he had some issues at home with being removed from his parents and now in care. I also know he is going though alot of physcriatic care, but I still suspended him on the spot for what he did. There is no excuse for doing the wrong thing.

What happens with Giggles there is a bit OTT and does smell of a witch hunt. People going OTT like that to me is griefing, if there are that many people doing it at the same time. Although I do Bods here and there, I've never had anyone try to talk to me, party or try to trade crap.

With that there has been mentions of a witch hunt on scripters. I dont think for a moment (unless they are griefing) that many people page on people just becuase they are sitting there not doing anything. Besides if a GM investigates they look to see what the chara is doing and if its providing an unfair advantage. So for just bank sitting, you'll be fine. You'll even get away with UOAssist macros spam gating... AS LONG as you are not gaining any skill or beholding any other advantage (Apart from running a gate to your shop).

It has also been mentioned before that becuase I sell the odd few mill here and there to help pay for my subscription that I am also in the wrong. I disagree with that as what I do to save a couple of pounds is not effecting the game and if I was told by a GM or DEV to stop I would. (I last sold 20 mil last year so its not sometihng I do regularly)

And now that Pub53 is coming with Grobu's fur as a turn in award, I will be luring Lurg down to the bottom of the caves so I can beat Grobu about the place. I do that so that I can actually fight Grobu and not get smited by Lurg. Anyone who's in there and at the computer will be able to avoid Lurg easilly, or if they are strong take him down. Anyone who's running a script will just get mashed.

The price they pay for running scripts...

What is your character name to get so many pages?

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens with Giggles there is a bit OTT and does smell of a witch hunt. People going OTT like that to me is griefing, if there are that many people doing it at the same time. Although I do Bods here and there, I've never had anyone try to talk to me, party or try to trade crap.

With that there has been mentions of a witch hunt on scripters. I dont think for a moment (unless they are griefing) that many people page on people just becuase they are sitting there not doing anything. Besides if a GM investigates they look to see what the chara is doing and if its providing an unfair advantage. So for just bank sitting, you'll be fine. You'll even get away with UOAssist macros spam gating... AS LONG as you are not gaining any skill or beholding any other advantage (Apart from running a gate to your shop).

It has also been mentioned before that becuase I sell the odd few mill here and there to help pay for my subscription that I am also in the wrong. I disagree with that as what I do to save a couple of pounds is not effecting the game and if I was told by a GM or DEV to stop I would. (I last sold 20 mil last year so its not sometihng I do regularly)

And now that Pub53 is coming with Grobu's fur as a turn in award, I will be luring Lurg down to the bottom of the caves so I can beat Grobu about the place. I do that so that I can actually fight Grobu and not get smited by Lurg. Anyone who's in there and at the computer will be able to avoid Lurg easilly, or if they are strong take him down. Anyone who's running a script will just get mashed.

The price they pay for running scripts.
excuses are like um...you know...

To mask illegal activity behind the premise of something constructive is wrong no matter how you look at it. Such as saying you are doing something while having the motivation to do something else...like smiting the scripter. Gold?? Sell all you want there Trump, you brought up selling it to begin with...I only mentioned it wasnt legal. (I disputed you on that, and was called a little man due to it...another fine example of griefing. In this case you didnt like what I said so namecalling ensued.)

You dont think honest crafters get pooped on 24/7??? Go to Luna sometime on Atl. and start making stuff. You will have all sorts of people hand you things, try to party you, page on you (yes..this too...twice i had a GM show on two occasions asking me if I was or was not there...obviously I was or else I would have been banned.) and even make books about how you are a scripter because you offed them in fel. This very type of activity was spurned by threads made here on the forums. (like the barbed kit threads...i have seen many an Atl tailor/smith suffer from grief due to vigilante justice as a result from these threads)

I make no excuses for what I have done, and admitted them wholeheartedly. I dont think I should be burned at the steak (mmm steak!!!)for having an opinion on this and I definitely dont think my gameplay should suffer because of what someone picked up here on the boards. Two wrongs dont make a right, and making someone think something is legal does not make it legal. You arent convincing me and in the end you have to suffer the consequences from your own misdeeds.

My chars name had nothing to do with getting pages while in Luna. I just refused to talk to everyone every two minutes as they came through. However I did get a mark on my account for having the name Hu Fling Pu, and also another for char Sexual Chocolate. Hu fling Pu the GM laughed so hard at when i paged on myself after char creation...was told it was fine and very funny. Sexual Chocolate was an old tailor created in 2000-2001...again the char was OKed by GMs and never had any problems even through various visits until I killed someone in VIP who said they were going to get me banned. They didnt get me banned but ten minutes after killing them I have a GM show up telling me my name was inappropriate. You see, my concerns are legitament...as my gameplay has been greatly affected by griefers...and so now i have to look over my back everyday worrying about which jerk is giong to get me banned for nothing.

Still want to think that what you say here doesnt affect those in game? Think again...I am at the end of my rope with this game, and have been nothing but helpful to most I met in game. I could understand a person being frustrated for being greifed out of farming, but for the games sake...I am one of those persons you ahve seen laying out Mil gold checks at WBB for noobs to pick up. I am one of those who donates hard earned resources to his guild. (remember I said I have MS...well imagine how much of a pain in the ass it is to mine up 100 blackrock with it legally...and then donate it all to the guld) I am the guy who takes his time with newcomers to the game marking them runes, explaining templates, and even getting them started gold wise and home wise. I am the guy who gets keys for peerless and then invites everyone to go. I am the guy who gets 120 skill scrolls and donates tehm on winning roles to guildies who need them rather than selling them for profit.

Do you want the players like myself to leave the game because of full grown adults breaking the rules out of spite against people they dont know because they have a grudge against somethign completely different? Do you understand how ******** that sounds but how real it is? I like this game, I am beginning to doubt its members though.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
excuses are like um...you know...

To mask illegal activity behind the premise of something constructive is wrong no matter how you look at it. Such as saying you are doing something while having the motivation to do something else...like smiting the scripter. Gold?? Sell all you want there Trump, you brought up selling it to begin with...I only mentioned it wasnt legal. (I disputed you on that, and was called a little man due to it...another fine example of griefing. In this case you didnt like what I said so namecalling ensued.)

You dont think honest crafters get pooped on 24/7??? Go to Luna sometime on Atl. and start making stuff. You will have all sorts of people hand you things, try to party you, page on you (yes..this too...twice i had a GM show on two occasions asking me if I was or was not there...obviously I was or else I would have been banned.) and even make books about how you are a scripter because you offed them in fel. This very type of activity was spurned by threads made here on the forums. (like the barbed kit threads...i have seen many an Atl tailor/smith suffer from grief due to vigilante justice as a result from these threads)

I make no excuses for what I have done, and admitted them wholeheartedly. I dont think I should be burned at the steak (mmm steak!!!)for having an opinion on this and I definitely dont think my gameplay should suffer because of what someone picked up here on the boards. Two wrongs dont make a right, and making someone think something is legal does not make it legal. You arent convincing me and in the end you have to suffer the consequences from your own misdeeds.
Ignoring the blantant attempt to provoke me into a flame war. I have a crafter on Atlantic, and not once have I been partied or griefed. I have several characters on several shards, I will watch Luna now though to see what character is there with a name that might get him paged on. Also getting a GM to show up is amazing! Very very rarely do they bother to do that now, even when I've taken a GM to watch a Scripter. He sat there with me and watched the scripter do its work, but was unable to do anything. All he said to do was to page on them each time I find them.

I dont understand where your coming from with all this two wrongs dont make a right sort of thing. And this convincing lark, what are you on about exactly becuase I'm not making any connections on what I'm saying/doing to reference to it.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

This has nothing to do with you....get that notion out of your head. You mentioned selling gold...I didnt even know anything about it till then. I told you it was illegal and you tell me it isnt. I show you the rules and you call me a little man. I mention using script to work skill due to disablity and you call me a liar. So please...keep this flame war crap to yourself.

Calling me a liar with Luna now too? Excuse me...but I have nothing to prove to you. I express my feelings on the matter and get attacked directly for doing so. Learn to take responsibility for your own actions, and instead of trying to call people out you should find out the truth on your own. That is what you learn from doing, not from trolling the boards. If you have any further comments to me, please do not bother. I am tired of mudslinging

G

galefan2004

I find it funny that people that complain about scripters will also admit to buying in game items with real life cash at one point. These scripters keep prices down. It also never ceases to amaze me how everyone is so worried about what other people do in a game.

As for the person who honestly believes that WoW has a zero tolerance policy to scripters...you obviously don't see the gold selling spam every time you log in that hasn't been dealt with in years. You obviously don't pay attention to farmers (there are still plenty) and you obviously believe the same old lines WoW feeds their players that are total BS. WoW has 10x the scripters as UO the only difference is in WoW they actually make the money to make it worthwhile to the average person to script.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it funny that people that complain about scripters will also admit to buying in game items with real life cash at one point. These scripters keep prices down. It also never ceases to amaze me how everyone is so worried about what other people do in a game.

As for the person who honestly believes that WoW has a zero tolerance policy to scripters...you obviously don't see the gold selling spam every time you log in that hasn't been dealt with in years. You obviously don't pay attention to farmers (there are still plenty) and you obviously believe the same old lines WoW feeds their players that are total BS. WoW has 10x the scripters as UO the only difference is in WoW they actually make the money to make it worthwhile to the average person to script.
thank you...im glad to see another person understands.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Mister E. on a lot of things and points. I for one enjoy filling bods. When I'm not running around fel, I fill and turn in bods. Its kind of a mild obsession really. I am also one of the few "legit" bod fillers there is out there.

Once or twice a week I make my haul of 100-200 bods to the tailor and no sooner that I enter that room I get 1 to 3 party invites, followed by people poping oil cloths in my trade window, followed by the many "hi's" and "do you have any barbed kits for sale?" comments. Followed by the small talk that comes after just to see if I'm attended. I don't like being rude and ignoring people, but if I don't it sucks up sooo much of my time and it takes me twice as long to complete my task. And if I do then everyone shouts scriptor.

I don't have a lot of time to play lately, and fighting off people thinking I'm scripting takes up half of it, and really does take the enjoyment out of it for me.
Here's a thought, why turn them in in Luna? If people are harassing you move to a different city? There's 24 other different cities with tailor shops, some have more than 1. Until the Gm force take a stronger stand against blatant scripting, this is something we all have to deal with.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the person who honestly believes that WoW has a zero tolerance policy to scripters...you obviously don't see the gold selling spam every time you log in that hasn't been dealt with in years.
If you do it and someone reports it, you get banned in WOW. The problem is they just make a new account as soon as it happens. WOW just did a huge banning with possibly hundreds of thousands of accounts last week. They have hundreds of Gamemasters but still can't respond instantly to every report.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do it and someone reports it, you get banned in WOW. The problem is they just make a new account as soon as it happens. WOW just did a huge banning with possibly hundreds of thousands of accounts last week. They have hundreds of Gamemasters but still can't respond instantly to every report.
you are right. As I stated in another thread: In UO, scripters rule the game. In WoW, scripters are there, too, but there is a lot done to get rid of them.

Nobody ask's for a perfect community - as in real life, you will always get peeps violating the rules. The difference is if you live in a community where you see that somebody deals with it, or if you live in a community where there is total anarchy. You will always note that only those communities are successfull where rules are enforced in contrast to those where nobody cares at all. Surely, we have seen some actions against cheating in uo in the last time, but there is still tons of cheating remaining - think about the BRSK-scripters and the "cheap super-armor-vendors" in luna, for example.

S

Sheridan

You are allowing people to break the very rules this forum is supposed to be bound to. And also (mods) feel free to give me a warning, I dont quite feel content with the one I got for defending myself over personal attacks vs my disability.
I'm sorry, what was that about not following rules...? From the Rules of Conduct that I asked you to review:

Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.
Also... you said this in one of your posts:
Two wrongs dont make a right.... You arent convincing me and in the end you have to suffer the consequences from your own misdeeds.
Do you think that only applies to others and not yourself? On one hand, you're complaining that people are using two wrongs to make a right, but on the other, here you are breaking the rules to "defend" yourself when you were "attacked." Wrong + Wrong...

So which is it? Do two wrongs make a right or no...?

Status
Not open for further replies.