• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RESET SIM EXPECTIONS WEEK !

• Thread starter imported_Dali Dalinza
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly, at 85% speed, that means there are only 4 people skilling. Either you are gravely mistaken or not being totally honest in order to support this latest "cause". With only 4 sims skilling, it's highly doubtful 3 roomies are 'running around doing nothing but serenading'. Good try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to spoil your diss of Polly.....but I have seen the same thing happen. And it was not on a lot that Polly was visiting...or even online!

It happens in multi-skill houses (for example, when there are serveral people skilling mech and cooking)....the roomies run around serenading one right behind the other, rather than helping the skill rate on the less represented skill. It has not just happened once in a single house, but repeatedly in different houses.

It qualifies as a true phenomena, whether you have personally seen it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I bolded is critical. It's not over-serenading that causes this problem, this is a fundamental problem fo multi-skill lots, which is why I have been one who has been trying to steer back toward the single skill lots as an overall trend, as a matter of efficiency. OF COURSE it's gonna be harder to keep two skills at 118% than it is one, even if there are 35 people on the lot, because it's all dependent on what the guests choose to skill. Plus, there's the issue that the landing guests have no way of knowing which skill is at what speed, the way you could by judging on a single skill lot by the number of people there. Some people will not land on a skill lot that is single skill that has less than 10 sims on it. This gives higher odds for 118% allowing for 4 people to be greening at the same time, and 6 to still be skilling. Make it a multi-skill lot, and this goes straight out the window. The ONLY time I have seen multi-skill lots be consistently successful is in Betaville, because it's 18 FAMILIES allowed on a lot, not 18 sims, with each family having up to 4 sims, so it's a whole lot better bet that 2 skills can stay steady at 118%.....I've even seen up to 3 work in Betaville.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To all of you who are trying to 'change sims' expectations'.. Stop it. It's not your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does every player have the right to praise and support the aspects of the game that they apprieciate, it is also their right to discuss the aspects of the game or player behavior that they do *not* like, and to advocate for change.

True it is not anyone's 'job', to change sims expectations, but then neither is anyone's right to tell them they can't try.

G

Your compliment about our house (roomies and all &amp; our guests) is the best reward ever for playing this game. We all thank you even though we don't know who you little simmy is lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

To all of you who are trying to 'change sims' expectations'.. Stop it. It's not your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does every player have the right to praise and support the aspects of the game that they apprieciate, it is also their right to discuss the aspects of the game or player behavior that they do *not* like, and to advocate for change.

True it is not anyone's 'job', to change sims expectations, but then neither is anyone's right to tell them they can't try.

[/ QUOTE ]

They certainly have the right to state their opinions and say they wish others agreed, but IMO their right to free speech ends where other's right to disagree and play the game the way THEY want to, free of persecution begins. There's been some of that on both sides of the argument, but if you look at it objectively you will see that the ones advocating charging for things started out trying to get others to do the same (hence the title of the thread, even) and tried to say that if they didn't then they were fostering the 'greedy, selfish' attitude that sims now have, in their opinion. So not only were they stating their opinion, they were belittling those who thought and acted otherwise, thus putting them on the defensive.....at which point we reacted. Doesn't mean our reaction was right, either, but even the mildest-mannerned of animals will fight when they feel boxed into a corner. You can't treat people like that and then call it "freedom of expression"!

G

*TTL*

First of all I if I did have 35 guests in my RL home it would be extremely rare and not just because I seriously doubt that 35 people would fit in my house, certainly I dont have 35 chairs for them to sit on. If it became a common occurance to have crowds of any size in my RL home I would start a business, like a B&amp;B and damn skippy I would charge them!

I think its safe to assume some of you have never run a business in RL. I have and I will tell you I didnt do it to take a loss. Any business owner who consistantly takes a loss will not be in business for very long. Heres an example. A local convenience store with a good hearted owner would let people have goods with an agreement to pay later. Unfortunately that left them short to pay their own bills, suppliers, building fees, taxes etc. Not long ago they were forced to shut down. I'm sure I dont have to explain why. Does this happen in game? You bet it does. Houses start with good intentions of providing free services to guests, they run out of money, have to close to go make more, when they come back guests have been forced to find another house to go to. If that owner had charged for food they never would have had to leave and the guests would have enjoyed continued service. Now that EA is no longer paying us to host its up to us to earn an adequate income to stay open.

Now I'm not saying I take my game "business" to the extreme as a RL business, but I do think its only reasonable to charge a nominal fee to provide services. If I was doing it to get rich I would be charging considerably more then I do. The fees cover food and repairs/replacments of items used. The store owner made a profit by selling me the goods yet no one complains about that, somehow they find it obnoxious of me to expect to earn a profit in the running of my business. Its a mindset I do not understand. Why are stores the only business in game that are not only allowed but encouraged to make a profit?

In regards to the library analagy, when was the last time you got a meal served to you at your local library, do they have showers or beds? I bet if I fell asleep at the library table they would wake me up and send me home! Mine dont offer such services, lucky you if yours do. In RL we are expected to go to the appropriate places for specific services, this is why the concept of using service lots to green appeals to me.

You all may want to note that the EA houses that we visited the first day in game did not offer greening, the service house did charge for greening. Perhaps they were trying to show us how they think we should do things?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*TTL*

In the past few skill houses I've visited roomies were terrific, running around serenading their sim hearts out in between preparing food. The funny thing is, I use beds to green, so 4 out of 5 times they were serenading me when I was already green.
I always thank them and say that I've used one of their excellent beds and I'm green. Most of the time it takes a few moments and another one or two serenades for my comment to sink in.

Too bad we don't have needs meters roomies can check before expending so much effort.

Really, I like using beds. I've got a greening rhythm going, too late to change my habits at this late date.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now I'm not saying I take my game "business" to the extreme as a RL business, but I do think its only reasonable to charge a nominal fee to provide services. If I was doing it to get rich I would be charging considerably more then I do. The fees cover food and repairs/replacments of items used. The store owner made a profit by selling me the goods yet no one complains about that, somehow they find it obnoxious of me to expect to earn a profit in the running of my business. Its a mindset I do not understand. Why are stores the only business in game that are not only allowed but encouraged to make a profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, that would be because I do not see skill houses, per se, as a business. Sims that gain the skill to become teachers, yes I have said numerous times this IS a business venture because they are actually DOING something, and I will pay generously to be taught, both for food and for the sim's time. They are devoting time to *me* individually when they could be doing something else. This is not true for skill houses that simply open their doors and do nothing else but cook.....especially those who have said they do not like to, or flat out will not give serenades. That's minimal effort, and for minimal effort you will get minimal payment, which if you're lucky will be enough to cover food charges. If you want enough to cover repair charges and make a little money besides, the service had damn well be exemplary..and no I don't mean being at my beck and call, but I do mean responding to polite requests within a reasonable amount of time. I don't expect hosts to be slaves, and have to put up with the most obnoxious sims, that is why they have a boot/ban button. But to those of us that are polite and above to them, they should go above and beyond to provide excellent service.

That's the difference between a pass-time host and a career host. And yes, by golly between hubby and I we have run nearly half a dozen different business ventures, and never got rich off them because we didn't gouge people, and overcharge based on the fact that they needed something. Hubby actually managed to run a successful computer parts business 10 years or so ago, which was 'in the black' but again wasn't a Fortune 500 by any means. Neither of us have any desire to become corporate machines. But I believe our business sense, is part of the reason I DO believe in the saying "If you're gonna do something do it RIGHT".....so there goes your theory about some of us never having run a business.

Success doesn't necessarily = rich. There are many different ways to measure success.

G

I think you alone dont qualify as "some" Carrie. I know you have run a business, its not up to me to determine your level of success.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Too bad we don't have needs meters roomies can check before expending so much effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not stand on either side of the serenade debate. I serenade my guests because I can. It helps to keep greening times down so that they can stay skilling and the skill speed won't be as disrupted. If I go to a house that does not serenade, I'll use beds.

I think it is a shame that the needs widget had to be removed, because I saw it as a useful feature for those that wanted to use it. Maybe in the future when we have more control over adding our own scripts and such to the game, somebody will create a similar system in-game that will allow for an opt-in/opt-out feature.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not stand on either side of the serenade debate. I serenade my guests because I can. It helps to keep greening times down so that they can stay skilling and the skill speed won't be as disrupted. If I go to a house that does not serenade, I'll use beds.

I think it is a shame that the needs widget had to be removed, because I saw it as a useful feature for those that wanted to use it. Maybe in the future when we have more control over adding our own scripts and such to the game, somebody will create a similar system in-game that will allow for an opt-in/opt-out feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of the see-through needs menu as a game feature WITHIN THE GAME, but there are dire security warnings about widgets. As much as I think it would be convenient for a roomie to see my needs so as not to not have to serenade me, I don't want to put my computer at risk for that convenience.
That is where I'm at when it comes to all the web features added to the game.

G

I see where you are coming from and I somewhat agree.

I do however think the web features could be used for good, if they are done the right way. It seems as though so far they've been released as "release now-fix later".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They certainly have the right to state their opinions and say they wish others agreed, but IMO their right to free speech ends where other's right to disagree and play the game the way THEY want to, free of persecution begins. There's been some of that on both sides of the argument, but if you look at it objectively you will see that the ones advocating charging for things started out trying to get others to do the same (hence the title of the thread, even) and tried to say that if they didn't then they were fostering the 'greedy, selfish' attitude that sims now have, in their opinion. So not only were they stating their opinion, they were belittling those who thought and acted otherwise, thus putting them on the defensive.....at which point we reacted. Doesn't mean our reaction was right, either, but even the mildest-mannerned of animals will fight when they feel boxed into a corner. You can't treat people like that and then call it "freedom of expression"!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think, that claiming anyone is suffering, "persecution" because of an opinion, that they don't agree with, is rediculous!

There is no "persecution" going on here, just persuasion........by both sides of the debate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I really think, that claiming anyone is suffering, "persecution" because of an opinion, that they don't agree with, is rediculous!

There is no "persecution" going on here, just persuasion........by both sides of the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Persecution

<blockquote><hr>

1. the act of persecuting.
2. the state of being persecuted.
3. a program or campaign to exterminate, drive away, or subjugate a people because of theirreligion, race, or beliefs: the persecutions of Christians by the Romans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subjugate

<blockquote><hr>

verb
1. put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land" [syn: repress]
2. make subservient; force to submit or subdue

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and read some of the posts and see the belittling that is happening....yes, I think persecution, if only loosely yet I think even moreso than that, fits. And yes I did acknowledge that it was happening on both sides, but only as a defense mechanism mostly by those who are having to defend their positions of daring to disagree with the OP. Like I said in a previous post, when you put someone on the defensive, or cage an animal in a corner, its natural that they are going to strike out in defense. Some people aren't just simply stating their opinions, or stating that they disagree with other's opinions, they actually belittle those who think differently than they do, and don't go along with the original intent of the post. If that's not beyond simple debating and into persecution and attempt of subjugation, then wth would you call it? No, nobody's physically forcing anybody, but I see an awful lot of verbal bullying, which can be just as damaging on a different level.

G

into persecution and attempt of subjugation

Those would make great new interactions! I can't decide whether they would be 'play' or 'react'. But definitely not declinable. Unless the target Sim is male.

G

<blockquote><hr>

into persecution and attempt of subjugation

Those would make great new interactions! I can't decide whether they would be 'play' or 'react'. But definitely not declinable. Unless the target Sim is male.

[/ QUOTE ]

So cute, smarty pants.
If you want to get technical about it, then that would only be the case if within a Gorean RP setting. For just regular Dom/sub, it's perfectly possible for the Dom to be female....but yeah, the sub would not be able to decline the interaction should they be made. Based on the controversy that happened back in '03-'04 when a few people dared to advertise the few D/s properties that were in AV here on Stratics, I seriously doubt this would fly for a "T" rated game though......fuddy-duddies!
You'd think people would have been happy just to see RP going on since this *is* supposed to be a MMORPG, yet not alot of RP lots even get very popular, but noooooooo

G

<blockquote><hr>

If that's not beyond simple debating and into persecution and attempt of subjugation, then wth would you call it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call it SOP (standard operating procedure) for City Hall.....arguing passionately about a thread topic.

I would call labeling it 'persecution', as un-necessarily dramatic.....and a verbal slight of hand, to change the focus of the thread, away from the unsustainable argument, that Skill house owners have some moral, ethical obligation to offer free food, entertainment and comfort to other players, when we are all paying the same real money to play a game.

The implication in your argument, is that anyone who does charge, is ill-mannered, ungracious and greedy......and if they passionately defend or advocate a different way to play, that they are nascent Nazi's.

People have a right, especially in this country, to advocate for change, and even a general change of behavior.

No one, here, is holding a gun, just an opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would call labeling it 'persecution', as un-necessarily dramatic.....and a verbal slight of hand, to change the focus of the thread, away from the unsustainable argument, that Skill house owners have some moral, ethical obligation to offer free food, entertainment and comfort to other players, when we are all paying the same real money to play a game.

The implication in your argument, is that anyone who does charge, is ill-mannered, ungracious and greedy......and if they passionately defend or advocate a different way to play, that they are nascent Nazi's.

People have a right, especially in this country, to advocate for change, and even a general change of behavior.

No one, here, is holding a gun, just an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, I never once called, or intimated a parallel between anyone here, and a Nazi. Really, Gilly, now who's being un-necessarily dramatic, ffs. Don't further degenerate your argument by throwing hypocrisy into the mix, accusing someone of something and then doing it yourself, mmkay?

Nor did I say anybody who charges for beds and toilets is ungracious. Greedy, yes, I did imply that and that is how I do feel. How *much* they charge shows how much of a level of greed they wish to sink to, and further proves that they are not passionate about hosting, but simply do it to get as much as they can out of it, in the form of simoleans rather than getting as much as they can out of it in intangible ways.....such as like Laverne pointed out, KNOWING that you provide a quality of service in your home that goes above and beyond the 'norm' or status quo, whether your guests verbalize this to you or not. There's too much focus in the game nowadays on rewards and accolades.....proven not only in this thread but in the threads by people who are totally self-righteous because they are 'owed' anniversary gifts that they haven't gotten.....nevermind the fact that gifts by their very nature are not 'owed' or 'earned', they are received.

It's OK if you don't think people should have to be passionate about hosting, that is your right. It is NOT however your, or anybody else's right to tell others they are wrong for freely giving of themselves to hosting, and enjoying every minute of it while *expecting* nothing in return, but getting something in return each and every time they host. It's especially wrong when you tell them that by so doing, they are hurting the game, or further ingendering this sense of greediness amongst sims who are demanding and rude when asking for things. Nowhere did any of us say this was right or OK for someone to be demanding and rude....but there's a big difference between that, and politely asking for things like serenades only to be told "Nope, if you want to green, use a bed!" I'm sorry if you cannot see the difference there, or if you truly believe that the rude and obnoxious ones outnumber the ones that make polite requests. As I said before, it sucks to be jaded, which is exactly what I see in alot of the posts here. If this is the attitude some have on their lots, then it's no wonder they are met with mostly rudeness and bitterness in return. You get more flies with honey than vinegar....cliches don't become cliches for not having a ring of truth to them.

Also, yeah, it might be OK to advocate for change, but one should also realize when they have reached a point that they are not going to change anybody's mind, and have just become broken records. This thread reached that point a couple days ago. OK, you've had your say and made your petition for change......some agreed, some didn't, now enough is enough. Surely you don't believe continuing this debate is actually going to be *productive* at this point? If you do, then I think I'd seek a reality check.
At any rate, continue to discuss it with the wall if you want to, I for one will not be entertaining this subject any longer....period, end of discussion.

As I said either yesterday or the day before, if people can't find it within themselves to agree, then at least have the decency to agree to disagree and go on about your business as usual and let other people do the same, each side simply avoiding the other sides' houses if they find their style of play so deplorable, but ffs let other people make up their *own* minds too.

G

Just TTL
And I'm not reading all the pages of "THIS IS MY GAME I'LL PLAY IT MY WAY" or whatever went on in the previous pages, I'm just going to reply.

In the past we've all played this game and learned the same shortcuts to climb the lists the fastest, to friends the fastest and so on and so forth. I think with the death of TSO and the birth of EA Land it would not be unreasonable to see changes to the game we play.

Making money was once a very easily attained goal in TSO... now, not so much. Skill lot owners have no income. skill lot owners should charge for services offered.
I don't see that as being rude, or gluttonous or selfish, or greedy or whatever words have been tossed out.

I don't think that people should be forced to charge, but I'd like to see how long a lot stays open giving all for free.

I do not think EA should give anything money to skill lots.
I do not think people should expect Serenades when they are in need of energy, they should put their book down and go lay in a bed.

I think that if someone opts to run around their lot and serenade people that is up to them too. If thats what they enjoy.

When I first got to TC3 and was living in the skill house I tried for the first time ever the whole serenade thing. It sucked, I couldn't play the way I liked b/c I constantly had to stop for "songs" [mfs]

When I lived in TC stratics did some charge for buffet thing.
Patrick and I continued for a while after that and we remained pretty popular. This was not the game standard back then either.

Things change.

chillax.

G

Anyone with any sense would know that is how the game was set up to be played.

I lol'd at Gilly's post about us being Nazi's. LMAO I have already called myself "The Pizza Nazi". If anyone here watches Seinfeld you know the term "The Soup Nazi" "No soup for you!" Now I am not going to ban you for being rude. This is not my house. It is a fun experiment though. Someone had been at the house pizza'ing and needed to green. Saw the price on the door and went ballistic and left. They went home to green. I checked map view. No other house was open in money category that offered pizza tables. I thought lol good time to go skilling. Not going to wait for them to come back. I took my sims skilling. Stalked one of their sims and saw they were skilling too "No Pizza For You" Let me get something straight here. Niki says she charges only enough to cover expenses. She charges 4 simoleans to get in the kitchen. If we cook for one guest we are still in the red. If 2 guests eat and we eat with them I say call it even and we paid 4 bux to eat too. We are by no means making a profit. LOL sometimes when Niki is not home (don't tell her) I let guests eat for free. My tip jar sits empty. The pay door is set for friends to enter for free. All the guests have to do is be friendly. Pay to eat get social. Soon they eat for free. Rather than cussing us out and slamming the door. It has been said you get more from tips than doors. I believe this to be true. You should be thanking us. They think we are Nazi's and pay you to show us! Good for you. I get to pizza in peace and you deal with all the jerks. The nice friendly sims understand and do not mind paying for their food.

What is a service house for?

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL sometimes when Niki is not home (don't tell her) I let guests eat for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL sometimes when Niki is not home (don't tell her) I let guests eat for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

*makes a note to drop by when Niki is not home

G

Remember the guests last night? I think they were botters. The one that got so mad and left. When you landed, there were extra doors. I had let that team green for free when they got there. LMAO When you got there I deleted them before they finished their round. Then they got mad and left. ROFL It is an expirement. They came and ate for free. Made money on the table. Got mad and left. No tip from the prior free green.

Remember they were saying that is how EA could catch botters. Is during the greening process. If we could not green on money lots, would that stop a lot of the bots? It would not take any longer to go to a Service lot and green then go back. Service lots have the fastest greening. With the ability to own more than one lot in the future. We could have a service lot next door to the money houses. Go to city view green, city view come back. Easy as pizza pie.

G

I want to reply to your post and I realized I can do it using your own words.

<blockquote><hr>

It's especially wrong when you tell them ...

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>It is NOT however your, or anybody else's right to tell others they are wrong</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>Don't further degenerate your argument by throwing hypocrisy into the mix</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now in my words. This has been an issue for awhile, it is not new, but I think it definately deserved a review and fresh perspective with the changes to the game. I think it is feasible that charging becomes commonplace. I don't feel that lecturing someone about their opinion or how they express it is productive or helpful anymore than the negative opinions they are based on. I feel very unproductive just having said that. Back to work

G

Sorry Carrie, it doesn't work that way. Just because you have run out of arguments and/or interest, does not mean that everyone else has to stop talking and debating the subject. There are more people reading this thread than there are people posting to it.

I will thank you, to not put words in my mouth. The only thing I am passionate about is the overuse of serenade (mildly), and the free exchange of ideas on these message boards (major-ly).

How people chose to host their properties, is not my biggest issue, except to the extent that they be allowed to do so, without being stigmatized.

My major concern, is that people are encouraged to step away from conformity to the old standards and gameplay.....to evaluate what they are doing, particularly, in terms of how to make the new game sustainably fun for themselves, especially in light of the many, major changes to the economic dynamics and social structure of EA Land.

There are many aspects of the game to be re-considered in the next few months.

G

Yes that was most interesting. For sure she was botting, she basically admitted it. Not that I care, as I told her. Though I always did think it takes alot of balls to bot on someone elses lot! You are free to conduct the experiment in any way you like whether I'm home or not. I'm personally enjoying watching it all play out. I laughed when they said "What a fee to eat?? Well then I'm out of here!" I really dont think the fee is unreasonable in any way. One may also note that regulars I will go out of my way to friend so its free for them.

I agree that if that is how botters are identified the service lot is a good plan. However I go on record saying I do not think that is how they can tell lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Remember they were saying that is how EA could catch botters. Is during the greening process. If we could not green on money lots, would that stop a lot of the bots? It would not take any longer to go to a Service lot and green then go back. Service lots have the fastest greening. With the ability to own more than one lot in the future. We could have a service lot next door to the money houses. Go to city view green, city view come back. Easy as pizza pie.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I do not see this as feasible is because of the busy house issue....with skill lots more than money, but it applies for all. You have to go to a service lot to green, and during the time you're greening another sim or another pizza team steals the spot your pizza team was in. If, as in your illustration this is the only pizza house open at the time, this has the potential to screw alot of people. If however there was some way to code it so that a player or team's place was held at the previous lot they were at for a certain number of minutes, not allowing anybody to steal their spot, then I personally would have no problem having to go to service lots to green. But then I'm on a high speed internet connection. I'd imagine those that are still restricted to dial up would have a bigger issue with it, because it takes alot longer to 'land' on lots, particularly busy ones. If the previous problem with stolen spots was somehow remedied though, being forced to go to service lots to green *would* make that category useful again, whereas right now for anything other than role-playing purposes, and crafting since craft benches can be used there come to think of it....the category is otherwise useless. If the stolen spot issue can't be remedied, then I'd have to say no, I'd be against it, unless of course there were EA-run lots that would be on that would eliminate the 'only one lot in a specific genre being open at a time' issue. If that was the case, then again I'd at least be willing to test it out in TC3 to actually see if it was a feasible and viable alternate way to play.

G

LOL She was something. If she was a she.
It would put a wrench in their works. Even if that is not how they can tell. Kinda smug to come out and say. "You can bot undetected as long as you green your sims without a bot." LOL I remember when ppl used to bot and leave their houses open. I would get in the way of their greening.
So they would get red pizzaing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Identifying a macro being used has never been difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods*

Especially if the botters also use the program that auto-greens the sim. It's even been stated here in the past that people have identified those using them, and taken great pleasure in thwarting that person's greening pattern, standing in front of showers, toilets whatever, since the order of the greening is always in the same order, and precisely timed the same, not like it would be if a real person was at the keyboard controlling it. Most people have a set pattern that they green in, but they take different amounts of time between tasks, and would probably have been there to at least say "Hey pancake get the hell out of my way" or something like that when the people that were talking about having such fun had blocked their entry/exit to where they needed to go to green, LOL.

In the old cities, I pretty much got to the point that it was IDGARA if someone is botting or not, because it was pretty much to an epidemic level, and obvious that EA didn't care, so why should I or anybody else. With this new economy though, there *is* a reason to care, and I can only hope that EA will finally step up and care too, since they now have a vested interest in squelching the botters, because the botters would be either cashing their ill-gotten gains back into EA, or selling them to other players at an undercut rate of whatever EA would charge players for simoleans, either way directly taking money OUT of EA's pockets, whereas before all the botters were doing was keeping the game from being any farther in the red than it was because it was the botters who held the most accounts per individual player....so duh, no wonder EA turned a blind eye to them. LOL!

P

PB Three

Grand idea, Dali! I convinced Mr Maxwell Green at his place to start charging for food.

No more pampered people -- nothing actually comes for free, 'ya know.

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure - what's a recreational activity without some drudgery.

T

turtleface

well I'm visiting the places that charge for their food and stuff. I don't want my nice hosts put out of money for my sake.

B

brendagfrie

I really don't mind paying for food, but at this early stage in the game its easy to get caught broke in a skill house since you want to skill before you go make money.

I would much rather pay for food than have to beg for it...some people just never cook. I was in a house where the guests only got buffet and the roomies cooked hc for themselves. We all know that takes two plates and more time and more mess...and its just not very hospitable.

I use beds if I need to but really do appreciate a serenade, then you can do whatever it is you are doing longer.

When I run a house I make sure to give plenty of food and plenty of serenades, I just like to think of my guests as guests and treat them as such. I would certainly feed all guests in my rl house and help them with a bit of energy if they need it.

I just think its the hospitable thing to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure - what's a recreational activity without some drudgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ what he said

*dipkiss*

There's already a significant need to earn simoleans in the game for stuff that we must buy...and ironically some of the ones arguing pro-this idea are the ones who are 'anti-drudgery' (borrowing your word Donavan, I'll give it back
) otherwise. Yep.....ironic be the word.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There's already a significant need to earn simoleans in the game for stuff that we must buy...

[/ QUOTE ]
Like food, a bed, and a shower?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There's already a significant need to earn simoleans in the game for stuff that we must buy...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of a sim dying from lack of hygiene. I believe food is the only necessity

I

imported_sedusa

What if your hunger is up but your energy goes down, will the sim die from that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of a sim dying from lack of hygiene. <u>I believe food is the only necessity</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
You are forgetting beer - let's keep our head in the game, shall we?

C

Creed84

well do not know why this is even worried about. I and others said this would happen when the merge into ealand happens. That is why people are keeping stocked refridgerators in their inventory and property in the production cities. When I "host" a house it is to be just that to host. A good host will always take care of their guests. Poor hosts will always have a poor showing at their property. I prefer to go out and simjob for my money, not take it from my guests. I, like others, have never had a tip jar on a property. Now, if I am on a property that has a tip jar i usually tip. Especially if i spend the day there semi-afk skilling.