• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RESET SIM EXPECTIONS WEEK !

• Thread starter imported_Dali Dalinza
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Tips are down, demands for hc and serenades are up.

What can be done?

Why not declare a week (advertised in game in house bios and word of mouth) where no free hc is served, and all players can be expected to use beds to green instead of relying on serenades.

Or, make a choice: use bed for free or pay for a serenade.

I think it is time for everyone to cooperate to reset player expections. Shall we make the third week of January "Reset Expectations Week" -- or do you think it deserves a whole month?

Fine print
sponsored by Dali's "cause of the week" committee

G

I say make it forever!

I'm sure many others will agree too. However the smaller houses may opt out so that they get the visitors who aren't prepatred to 'pay'

I like the idea - you pay for ALL of your food - give them a plate of hc after they hand over $5 ($4 fot the food and $1 for 2 serenades) keep the food behind locked doors if you have to, sing to them twice WHEN they eat ONLY.

If they want anything else - well they have to get off their posteriors to get it themselves (use the beds and interact with someone else)

That way the hosts who end up out of pocket and see their skills dropping like a stone get to skill a bit too AND at least get the HC cost covered.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Too funny. I was in a skill house the other night and the only roomie there could not serenade. I offerered to serenade anyone that could find a bed and jump in it
A few even took me up on it and managed to find the beds hidden away upstairs.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I say make it forever!

I'm sure many others will agree too. However the smaller houses may opt out so that they get the visitors who aren't prepatred to 'pay'

I like the idea - you pay for ALL of your food - give them a plate of hc after they hand over $5 ($4 fot the food and $1 for 2 serenades) keep the food behind locked doors if you have to, sing to them twice WHEN they eat ONLY.

If they want anything else - well they have to get off their posteriors to get it themselves (use the beds and interact with someone else)

That way the hosts who end up out of pocket and see their skills dropping like a stone get to skill a bit too AND at least get the HC cost covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea behind having a designated week or month was to promote the underlying reasons, and give everyone a spirit of participation. I know there are players who worry about losing their place on the list if they fail to cater to the whims of guests, but if they had a reason to forget about the list for a week maybe we could make progress in providing guests with needed "reality therapy."

I honestly think most guests who fail to tip, and who make demands for hc and serenades, are ignorant of why their behavior is rude. I think they have "come of age" in a game environment where being serenaded and having food has been free, with no expectation for tipping. A game-wide campaign would raise awareness, and, I would hope, turn behavior back to the expectation to pay for services rendered.

LOL @ Gracie and WTG about serenades for players who find the beds.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I think the best week to reset expectations will be the week EA-Land opens. Have a feeling everyone that missed the opening of TC3 will be in for quite an enlightening experience

G

At my skill house in TC3, Mech N Whoes, we charge for everything. You wanna use a toilet, you gotta pay. You wanna use a bed, you gotta pay. You want HC, you gotta pay. You wanna shower or wash your hands, you gotta pay. Brought to everyone courtesy of pay doors.

Prices aren't that much, $2 for the toilet, $4 for the shower, $5 for HC, and $3 for beds. I think the prices are fair. Maybe if every house did this for one week, people would learn really fast....or go to a tree farm.

D

dinaj

reserve 6 months lol, its going to take that long before they stop griping about being inconvenienced by having to green their own sim.

G

No, not a busy lot, but what little people do show up and pay for things, helps a lot when it comes to making food and whatnot.

D

Dita'

I can understand the serenade thing is taking alot from the game but i dont feel its unrealistic for people to ask for food. i personally hate that i have to eat 2 or 3 plates of buffet to get my bars up. as far as the tipping thing goes. some people do tip, i know they do. not many, but so. part of running a house is knowing you might not be tipped for all the work you do. its part of running a house.

M

Meggers

Too funny. I was in a skill house the other night and the only roomie there could not serenade. I offerered to serenade anyone that could find a bed and jump in it A few even took me up on it and managed to find the beds hidden away upstairs.
------------------------------

I was in a skill house that didn't have beds at all. The only roomie there could not serenade and when I asked for bed she said the owner doesn't allow beds. So I brought in one of my other sims to serenade me and damn near started a riot because everyone in that house including the roomie was screaming for me to serenade them, lol

M

Meggers

At my skill house in TC3, Mech N Whoes, we charge for everything. You wanna use a toilet, you gotta pay. You wanna use a bed, you gotta pay. You want HC, you gotta pay. You wanna shower or wash your hands, you gotta pay. Brought to everyone courtesy of pay doors.
-----------------------------------

I can see a pay door for the food but not for everything else only because it takes longer going thru all those pay doors. Skilling takers forever as it is, when it it slowed even farther people usually look for another place to skill.

G

Oh well. At least I know that the people who do come to my skill house will have the best service around. And everyone knows in this world to get the best service, you have to pay for it. If they don't like it, they can go elsewhere. Although, I do have quite a few loyal guests. And besides, this makes everything interactive and it's very cheap, so I don't see it as a hindrance, nor do any of my loyal guests.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Just for fun I built a pay house in TC3 to test it out. My kitchen was behind a pay door and when I cooked, the food went on to the counter behind the pay door. I had a free bar sat up with 3 seats where I served 3 free meals from the pay platter. Those that missed the free servings were welcome to serve themselves from the kitchen and eat in the dining room. Of course a full buffet was always available for a price

Upstairs I had beds,showers and toilets behind pay doors. However, I offered and option for poor people to teleport to those rooms. You could take the fast way in and pay or spend the extra time to teleport in for free.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just for fun I built a pay house in TC3 to test it out. My kitchen was behind a pay door and when I cooked, the food went on to the counter behind the pay door. I had a free bar sat up with 3 seats where I served 3 free meals from the pay platter. Those that missed the free servings were welcome to serve themselves from the kitchen and eat in the dining room. Of course a full buffet was always available for a price

Upstairs I had beds,showers and toilets behind pay doors. However, I offered and option for poor people to teleport to those rooms. You could take the fast way in and pay or spend the extra time to teleport in for free.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was a hot topic issue once before... a long time ago, and many of the same arguments and solutions were discussed.
My idea was to set up a pay house whereby all the good greening stuff was behind paydoors, while a few of the el cheapo objects were free (cheap bed, shower, etc). All food was at cost except HC which was at 1$ profit.

People stayed away in droves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can see a pay door for the food but not for everything else only because it takes longer going thru all those pay doors. Skilling takers forever as it is, when it it slowed even farther people usually look for another place to skill.

[/ QUOTE ]]

I agree totally....especially when he said the toilet and the shower were through separate pay doors...umm, the toilet and the shower and the sink are all in one room, so it would make sense to me that if you were gonna be..grrr, what was the name of that guy that sat and counted the gold all around him in the Charles Dickens novel, but never gave to any charities...I wanna say Scrooge but that's not it, I don't think...anyway if you really must charge for things like getting clean and sims relieving their bodily functions, even though these things don't cost you anything other than initial cost of the item, plus repairs, but the repairman is CHEAP, then I'd put all of those things behind one pay door and have a $2-$3 simolean charge on it, not $2 for this $4 for that etc. I understand people are trying to get away from sims expecting EVERYTHING for free, and with food I would even agree with that since food costs are SO high compared to other things, but the rest of it to me would just be the cost of doing business. If you take it too far in the other direction, or if more houses than just Ronin's do it, then we're gonna end up running off more sims than we're attracting because they are gonna be sick of being broke all the time when they are trying to skill so they can make money.....you can't tell them to go make money if they haven't skilled first! *sigh*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]]

I agree totally....especially when he said the toilet and the shower were through separate pay doors...umm, the toilet and the shower and the sink are all in one room, so it would make sense to me that if you were gonna be..grrr, what was the name of that guy that sat and counted the gold all around him in the Charles Dickens novel, but never gave to any charities...I wanna say Scrooge but that's not it, I don't think...anyway if you really must charge for things like getting clean and sims relieving their bodily functions, even though these things don't cost you anything other than initial cost of the item, plus repairs, but the repairman is CHEAP, then I'd put all of those things behind one pay door and have a $2-$3 simolean charge on it, not $2 for this $4 for that etc. I understand people are trying to get away from sims expecting EVERYTHING for free, and with food I would even agree with that since food costs are SO high compared to other things, but the rest of it to me would just be the cost of doing business. If you take it too far in the other direction, or if more houses than just Ronin's do it, then we're gonna end up running off more sims than we're attracting because they are gonna be sick of being broke all the time when they are trying to skill so they can make money.....you can't tell them to go make money if they haven't skilled first! *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, get one skill point in say creativity, go do one painting. You've made more than enough money to get to your next skill point with the way I charge. I will run things the way I run them. And hey, if more people do the same thing, more power to them.

G

I found an awesome place in TC3 yesterday where the roomies cooked when they felt like, rather then on demand - with wonderful warnings that if you didn't eat now you'd go hungry, nicely pointed out the beds when someone asked for a serenade and explained how they could build social all on their own.

It's my new favourite place.

Its interesting how many people are in support of this - both from reading replies here and talking in game.

I agree with whoever said (I think it was Dali?) that new sims aren't necessarily to blame for their expectations as they're being "taught" that this is the way it should be. If nobody ever takes the time to explain a different way of playing, then they will never learn.

I'm well up for it.

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

I am one that is used to doing things free of charge. Teach, Craft, Build, Roof Art, because I enjoy doing them. However I never expect anything for nothing.

I think this is a great topic because even though I don't believe in charging someone for a serenade, I can see how hard it would be to serenade 35 people, keep the property running and take care of your own sim, among other things, like enjoying yourself.

The problem is, 9 of us can agree to charge, but the 1 person who doesn't will start the competition all over again. If thats the case, then the other 9 people will need to offer something else to bring players to their property. Oh I have to pay for food, BUT the speed is always maxed. Something to offset the changes and expectations. If thats even possible.

Anyway, I do hope the majority of players understand and realize how the lack of money will change game play, and I hope they will support their favorite places regardless of the cost of food or having to use an actual bed.

Good Luck to everyone running a property. I promise to tip if you serve me, lol, so make sure your tip jars are in view. :p

M

mike1977

I think the serenade action should be modified to only give social. I've seen people come and scream "My energy is low". So? Use a bed! And you'd probably would have it greened already by the time someone finally gets around to serenading you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am one that is used to doing things free of charge. Teach, Craft, Build, Roof Art, because I enjoy doing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of these things, if the person said 'no charge' I'd at least give them a nice tip, because those are things that you're actually taking the time to DO for a person.....you're not afk and just holding a property open. The only thing even close to that type of labor is serenading, but serenading a person from full red in their needs to full green takes 3 clicks, so that is not much of a big deal. Teaching and the rest of it take ALOT more than that. I'm saddened to see that there are so many people who have stopped doing things because they like doing them, and now expect other people to pay them to do them. If I didn't want to do something, like revive or serenade, I simply wouldn't, I wouldn't charge somebody out the nose for it to 'punish' them for 'making' me do something I didn't want to do, which is exactly what it sounds like some people are trying to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This was a hot topic issue once before... a long time ago, and many of the same arguments and solutions were discussed.
My idea was to set up a pay house whereby all the good greening stuff was behind paydoors, while a few of the el cheapo objects were free (cheap bed, shower, etc). All food was at cost except HC which was at 1$ profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite places in the early days of Fancey Fields was run just very much like that! It was a money house, and everyone had a choice of sleeping in the brown bed for free and using the cheap bathroom fixtures or paying a paydoor and using a moraccan twin and the silver bathrooms stuff. Food was free, but it was an eat-now-or-do-without system, no cooking on demand, only when the roomie was hungry.

This was one of the 'wait-in-city-view-for-an-opening' houses, never empty and folks used to wait in line to pay for the moraccan bed.

Whenever someone would challenge the charges, they got pounced on by both the roomies and the other guests....after all, they were making 10X the greening charge in one round on the potion tables, with a full house (door charge was §25)!

I don't think we can blame everyone too much, habits are hard to break and people resist change. Only time will tell if the EA Land economic necessities will change the social climate or if people will find a way to settle back into old habits.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite places in the early days of Fancey Fields was run just very much like that! It was a money house, and everyone had a choice of sleeping in the brown bed for free and using the cheap bathroom fixtures or paying a paydoor and using a moraccan twin and the silver bathrooms stuff. Food was free, but it was an eat-now-or-do-without system, no cooking on demand, only when the roomie was hungry.

This was one of the 'wait-in-city-view-for-an-opening' houses, never empty and folks used to wait in line to pay for the moraccan bed.

Whenever someone would challenge the charges, they got pounced on by both the roomies and the other guests....after all, they were making 10X the greening charge in one round on the potion tables, with a full house (door charge was §25)!

I don't think we can blame everyone too much, habits are hard to break and people resist change. Only time will tell if the EA Land economic necessities will change the social climate or if people will find a way to settle back into old habits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see, I'd not be quite so offended at that in a money house than in a skill house, because 90% of the sims that go to a money house go there to make money, and make gobs of money while they are there, and are already skilled. Those that go there not already skilled are going there prematurely and don't have any business being there to start with (sims with 0-5 skill points hollering 'CAN I PIZZA WITH ANYBODY??!?!?!11111' *shivers*), but at a skill house, that's a different story. Sims are going there to skill so they CAN make money, and probably aren't already rich unless they are just there to top off, or already have another maxed skill or something, so to me that'd be more ****ty to do that to someone there. On the flip side, IMHO it's equally more ****ty for someone not to tip at a money house if they're are no pay doors when they've spent hours at a time making anywhere from $10k-$40k. That's just the epitome of rudeness and selfishness. Yeah, the roomies there can make money while they host unlike other categories, but still...you're using their equipment to line your pockets, its just mean not to pay a portion of it back.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right. Once there is a solid base of players who are financially comfortable, habits will not only change back but will be encouraged to revert. It is human nature for those who enjoy the competition of being the "best" house to do all they can to pamper and encourage guests.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I think the serenade action should be modified to only give social. I've seen people come and scream "My energy is low". So? Use a bed! And you'd probably would have it greened already by the time someone finally gets around to serenading you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the energy giving aspects of the serenade, but I think that the use of beds needs to be resurrected. I have had conscientious hosts run to serenade me when they see me climb into a bed, as if they have done something amiss. I don't mind using a bed, not in the least, and I feel bad that expectations are so high that not serenading a guest is considered a faux pas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like the energy giving aspects of the serenade, but I think that the use of beds needs to be resurrected. I have had conscientious hosts run to serenade me when they see me climb into a bed, as if they have done something amiss. I don't mind using a bed, not in the least, and I feel bad that expectations are so high that not serenading a guest is considered a faux pas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - i was in a money house the other day when a 1 day old sim shouted 'SONGS?' i tolf het to use a bed and then interact with anoth sim who needs social. The host then ran to her to sing saying 'no-one sleeps while im here'

Not everyone is gonna be up for this unfortunately

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree - i was in a money house the other day when a 1 day old sim shouted 'SONGS?' i tolf het to use a bed and then interact with anoth sim who needs social. The host then ran to her to sing saying 'no-one sleeps while im here'

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just SO wrong.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just SO wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe beds need to give off something additional, to make them better than serenades. (Not going to go down that path right now, and naughty minds need to zip it. ) Having been a casino owner for so many years I of course think random prizes from using a bed would be fun.
On the other hand, if serenades sometimes gave cooties...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just SO wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe beds need to give off something additional, to make them better than serenades. (Not going to go down that path right now, and naughty minds need to zip it. ) Having been a casino owner for so many years I of course think random prizes from using a bed would be fun.
On the other hand, if serenades sometimes gave cooties...

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late! Borrowing your phrase from another thread....it was a very short trip for some of us.

Maybe in the future the devs can give our sims a little 'free will' so that 'serenades' are not always accepted the way they are now.

Maybe that's a bit of an answer for the skilling for emotes problem. Maybe the emotes need to be connected to 'friendship' level...meaning instead of just being able to 'serenade' just 'anyone'. A sim would have to have a friendship level befitting a 'flirt' emote like serenade to be available.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Yep, yep. Serenade has lost it's romance.

I think if most players knew it WAS a flirt emote you'd be seeing lots more yelps in room chat, "Hey, I ain't gay!" etc.

Good idea to link it with friendship, instead of making it a friendship link tool. I'd like to see propose go that direction, too, but I'm just old fashioned at heart.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I think that's why I like BV. With free will....you just don't know what they will do, even if you are controlling them.

I was goofing off with a friend in BV once. It seemed his sim liked to tag around behind my sim all over the lot. Whenever he cued his sim to hug, sweet kiss or any romance emotes to my girl sim. She would shove him off and berate him. Now turning the tables, she could cue his sim to do just about anything and he'd accept it...even hot kissing. hmm....darn fickle sim!!!

I think it would be hilarious to see our sims respond in a more 'Simish' way to certain advances. And it probably would take away some of the boredom if everything isn't just a 'foregone' conclusion.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

What can be done?

Why not declare a week (advertised in game in house bios and word of mouth) where no free hc is served, and all players can be expected to use beds to green instead of relying on serenades.

I think it is time for everyone to cooperate to reset player expections. Shall we make the third week of January "Reset Expectations Week" -- or do you think it deserves a whole month?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bolding.

It's a nice idea, idealistic, but nice. To begin with, I don't support this cabal because I want owners competing with each other for my visitor time. Putting that aside though, just how do you propose to get everyone to cooperate? What are you proposing to do to those owners who are willing to do whatever it takes to get visitors?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What can be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bolding.

It's a nice idea, idealistic, but nice. To begin with, I don't support this cabal because I want owners competing with each other for my visitor time. Putting that aside though, just how do you propose to get everyone to cooperate? What are you proposing to do to those owners who are willing to do whatever it takes to get visitors?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to put players on ignore that serenade me without my permission

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

My bolding.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrugs*

It was only an idea to bring attention to the "entitled" behavior of players who have come of age during a time when the majority of players were flush with funds and could afford to compete by making everything free for guests -- or even offering payouts.

Cabal?
Gracious, that even beats "cause of the week."

Maybe I should have named the thread "Bring your manners to game week." In these times of limited funds, players who fail to pitch in towards food costs are taking advantage of hosts. Nothing more than that. Honestly, I don't think the majority of non-tippers have a clue why they are being rude. Hence, an attempt to raise awareness.

You are correct, Roger. Expecting players to cooperate for the good of the game and out of respect for other players is unrealistic.

I think this is a temporary concern, because in the next few weeks or months the game will again be filled with players who have enough money to offer "whatever it takes." Players will then find tipping a quaint idea.

R

Roger Wilco

Agreed. I do think initially people will be understanding that things aren't the same, but as soon as simoleans are directly available from EA it will be back to "whatever it takes".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What can be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bolding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to put players on ignore that serenade me without my permission

[/ QUOTE ]

You're willing to put sims on ignore, therefore eliminating not only interactions but conversation too, thus any prospect of getting to know them and maybe even befriending them just because they give you a serenade?

Yep....like I said, some people are taking this too far. Sorry, I play TSO to meet people and talk to people, I only put them on ignore for truly pestering/stalking/abusing me, and if I didn't want serenades I'd simply IM the roomie or owner or whatever and say "Thanks for the effort, you're doing a wonderful job, but please do not serenade my sim, I'm trying to participate in an endeavor to bring back self-sufficiency in sims" or something to that effect. In that way, you don't offend them or make them feel like they are doing something wrong (because they're not, they are just doing something you don't want them to do) and you don't alienate them and burn bridges for potential future contact.

L

Laverne

"I'm willing to put players on ignore that serenade me without my permission"

Wow! I guess if that's how you want to play the game, fine. I agree that players have become to dependent on serenades but trying to "reset" other sims' expectations is a bit like forcing people to play the way YOU want them to play. Stop it. Bad habits come and go.

Yes, it's a bit irritating when someone whines for serenades or shouts "FOODDDD!" Let the host handle it. I know what its like to host a busy house. It's very difficult to keep up with everyone's needs but I absolutely enjoy doing it (hosting). If I didn't, I wouldn't host. If an inexperienced player is rude or demanding I simply teach them proper "house" ettiquette.

If I have time to serenade busy skillers or people working away at money objects, I will. If a player asks me to not serenade, I won't. In any case there are always plenty of beds and other sims to interact with for social. I make a point to be friendly with newer players and show them how to interact, green up etc.

Like in real life society, there will be rude, lazy sims. Most people will catch on and learn what's acceptable behavior and what isn't. Serenading is a wonderful little action to have &amp; people love to be able to do it for many reasons.

For those of you against it just make a note on the house bio that you won't be doing it. I doubt it will effect visitors numbers greatly.

If you ever visit a house I'm hosting, I will serenade you eventually unless you ask me not to or I'm too busy to ( in which case I tell people to use beds). I'm an "on duty" host...I try to keep chit chat going and throw in some trivia but I am also an AFK friendly host. If you need to do something while your sim is reading, fine. I'll throw song at him now and then. I enjoy it.
If this is offensive to you then go somewhere else or iggy me np.

T

turtleface

I don't really like the constant serenading going on everywhere. For me part of the fun of playing the sims is looking after my needs. I want to eat at a nice table, use a pretty bathroom, watch a big tv, talk etc with other sims, and sleep in a nice bed- or at least some kind of bed! The whole simulation thing is detracted from a bit if sleeping almost never takes place. I'm just a new player, so i suppose my opinion isn't as... ummm.. educated as others, but i think it would be great if each player could only serenade once every sim hour, or something like that... so that it wouldn't be abused anymore. I think it should be more like, something you ask your friend for when you need to be nice and green for work, or something like that. Not a constant thing.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I agree turtleface.

I think the simple solution would be to make serenades like many other interactions where we have to accept or decline the action from the giver.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree turtleface.

I think the simple solution would be to make serenades like many other interactions where we have to accept or decline the action from the giver.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not unless there was a setting in options that allowed us to say 'auto accept'. There's too many actions now that have to be accepted/declined because of the uptightness of others. Serenades are non-invasive to sims. The person serenading your sim does not touch your sim at all, so the only thing that makes it resemble things like hot kiss, dip kiss etc. under the romance interactions is the fact that it is listed under the flirt/romance interactions. Really it should not be, IMO, since the main function it serves is creating friend links, not romantic ones.

If you want to live in a bubble, that's your right, but I'm not in favor of anything that enforces that mentality onto others.....not when there are tools that enable those who do not want any interactions from others not to have to deal with them. Of course doing so negates the whole social aspect of TSO, but so does wanting to live in a bubble in the first place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree turtleface.

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP
I'm still trying to figger out what an "expection" is.
If an inspection is a 'critical examination or review' (Webster's), then an 'expection' would be............... 'an aloof ignorance or shunning'????

In that case.... we would be... aloofly shunning the ignorant noobs???

I be so confused.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I agree turtleface.

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP
If an inspection is a 'critical examination or review' (Webster's), then an 'expection' would be............... 'an aloof ignorance or shunning'????

In that case.... we would be... aloofly shunning the ignorant noobs???

I be so confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort*

You have to be able to read 'typonese'
. I think alot of us have gotten to the point that we read typonese so well that the brain just automatically sees what should be there vs. what is there.

But then my guess is you knew that and were just attempting to bring humor to the tense discussion and otherwise be smartass. You got a giggle out of me, so consider it a mission accomplished

G

I agree, serenades are way over used in TC3 and have been from the start.

I built an object endurance course type maze, I'm teaching sims to appreciate the simple things in game like viewing a bear for fun, drinking punch, and using a cheap green recliner for a nap.

I do not serenade guests constantly, I need to earn money myself. And if a sim lands saying I need 6 serenades I educate them on the use of a bed. I think it's ridiculous they ask such things at all, they could use a bed and be green faster than taking the time to type out the plea to start with.

People need to learn to green themselves and not expect others to do it for them.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was originally supposed to be "expectation" but in the spirit of playing "TSO take away" I took out the a and t. Get with the program.

...smarty pants.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

I built an object endurance course type maze, I'm teaching sims to appreciate the simple things in game like viewing a bear for fun, drinking punch, and using a cheap green recliner for a nap.

I do not serenade guests constantly, I need to earn money myself. And if a sim lands saying I need 6 serenades I educate them on the use of a bed. I think it's ridiculous they ask such things at all, they could use a bed and be green faster than taking the time to type out the plea to start with.

People need to learn to green themselves and not expect others to do it for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't understand this mentality of 'me me me'. 6 serenades....time it, you could not even do 1 single money object in the time it takes to complete 6 serenades, and it takes even less time to que them up and then all you have to do is watch your sim work! Why not give them the serenades, and *then* suggest NEXT time the alternate way to get energy and social? Hosting time isn't so you can earn money yourself primarily. Hosting time is just that, for hosting. There should be times set aside for moneymaking. What do you think would happen at a RL job in customer service if your supervisor came around and you had 3 or 4 people waiting in line to be tended to, meanwhile you're sitting on a stool balancing your checkbook or reading a book? Think you'd keep that job very long? I don't, unless your boss was so hard up for employees that it was either you or not have anybody at all.

It's just devistating to me to see that people have gotten so burned out and jaded that it has now become a 'every man/woman sim for his/herself' world.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't understand this mentality of 'me me me'. 6 serenades....time it, you could not even do 1 single money object in the time it takes to complete 6 serenades, and it takes even less time to que them up and then all you have to do is watch your sim work! Why not give them the serenades, and *then* suggest NEXT time the alternate way to get energy and social? Hosting time isn't so you can earn money yourself primarily. Hosting time is just that, for hosting. There should be times set aside for moneymaking. What do you think would happen at a RL job in customer service if your supervisor came around and you had 3 or 4 people waiting in line to be tended to, meanwhile you're sitting on a stool balancing your checkbook or reading a book? Think you'd keep that job very long? I don't, unless your boss was so hard up for employees that it was either you or not have anybody at all.

It's just devistating to me to see that people have gotten so burned out and jaded that it has now become a 'every man/woman sim for his/herself' world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that has spent the time to earn enough money, build a house and furnish it with everything that I need to use and manage roomies willing to help keep house open has already paid their dues as far as I'm conerned.

If they are cordial enough to cook while I'm there and let me use their beds, toilets and showers instead of having to go home that is a good host. If they call the repairman regulary to keep the place operational for my use, that is a good host. If they keep their houses open so many hours a day that I can almost always catch them online, that is a good host.

I would much rather owners and roomies help with skill speed and money payouts on objects by using them rather than running around taking care of everyone's needs because this is something that I have no control over. To me a good host keeps those payouts high by working and keeps skill speeds constant by studying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was originally supposed to be "expectation" but in the spirit of playing "TSO take away" I took out the a and t. Get with the program.

...smarty pants.....

[/ QUOTE ]
My trousers have no 'smarts' whatsoever - elsewise they would not forget to zip up after a trip to the Men's Room.
...or worse... forget to unzip.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

...smarty pants.....

[/ QUOTE ]
My trousers have no 'smarts' whatsoever - elsewise they would not forget to zip up after a trip to the Men's Room.
...or worse... forget to unzip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is caused by thinking with the wrong head Mr Brane!

Anyway back on topic, I too think hosts who cook now and then and provide the necessary items such as beds and bathrooms does half of what is required right there. Helping with speed and payouts far outweighs my desire to get a serenade. And like I keep saying...jammies man I wanna see more jammies...