• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

remove guards tottaly from fell

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, trammel existed long before UO went live online. As far as removing the guards, live with it or leave.

Lame PK's are pretty much demented real life ingrates that can't hold their own in a real bar fight, so they use a game to unleash their frustrations.
Either that or mommy's getting on their case again.

So we have trammel, not for the carebears, or the wussies, but for the players that have some maturity about them.

later kid
Ummmm... I'm not sure which Ultima Online you were playing, but I've been here since 1997 and I can tell you that there was never a Trammel or Fel in UO. There was only Sosaria.

So in the first paragraph you say there was always a Tram and in the 3rd paragraph you say "so we have Tram" like it wasn't always here... make up your mind.

And YES Tram was introduced for the people who did not want to participate in PvP. As well as for new players. They did not want to have new players too discouraged about the game and leave never to pay again. So they created Care Bear Land.. I mean Trammel.

Edit: and with your "Live with it or leave" comment, if the Devs had listened to you, there would be no Tram at all, cause after all they would say to you "Live with it or leave", because don't forget there never was a Tram to begin with.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them
I agree!!!!!!!!!!! Lets make a petition!!!

Also, let red players buy from NPCs in Fel. There's no argument there!! WTFUXXORS IRL?!?!?

C

Capt.E

I dunno, when I'm playing my red I hate guards. I haven't been whacked in awhile, but I still hate them. When I'm on my blue I love them. Realistically speaking no guards in fel would kill yew gate. People would just wither cannon the gate. If you don't think so, you still have faith in players that I lost long ago. Learning how to not get guard whacked is just as important as learning to heal if you are a red. Deal with it, or play a blue.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them
The OP has the foresight of a boot. As a PvPer and only a Pvper..even I know how stupid this suggestion is.

What a complete noob.

That 4th man guy obviously had a lobotomy at some point..I will cut him some slack as that is probably true.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting in guard zone staring down a red isn't exactly my idea of Fel...I would rather no one be there than someone that's not even willing to fight.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, you need to have guards in towns for sure.

As for removing them at moongates I would be ok with that.

But all that would happen is that people would pvp near town guard zones instead, which isn't really a bad idea. It may bring a bit of life back to towns.

Edit: and as others have said, if you totally removed guards from Fel, no blues would ever show their faces making Fel even more of a ghost town.
I agree with the total removal of guard zones would make the "noob" population die out but I like the way how it is really.. The guard zones removed from faction towns is the best thing that happened to Fel.

Next, they need to allow Red character to purchase off NPCs... Stupid ass rule if you ask me.

W

Wonton fooey

Thats the punishment for going red! :D If they get rid of the guard zones then no one will have a place to hide from the ganks and the speed hacking scriptors!!!! :D