• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

remove guards tottaly from fell

O

Old Man of UO

99% of Fel is now unguarded. All Faction towns have no guards. So it only leaves a few towns, the moongates and a few passageways that still have guards.

So why not go the full way and make fel 100% guard free? Gets my vote!
Why not just take the fight away from the guard zones? If you don't like fighting near towns and moongates because someone might call the guards, just walk away from the gates. Like you said, 99% of the Felucca is guard free, plenty of room to PvP.
Why would you come to fel and stand at a moongate? what purpose does it achive? Why not stand at a moongate in Tram if you just want to sit at a moongate. Truth is most blues at the gate are there to grief and try and kill reds who are fighting/faction fight with others.
Maybe you misunderstood... I agree with you.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what would happen though if all guards were removed? The pks would all crowd around the moongate, x-fielding it and trapping anyone who goes through.

Getting any chance at a fair fight on a blue would become nearly impossible. The second any single player comes in they would get rushed and killed by whichever group seems to be dominating the field at the point in time.

I don't think you want guards removed totally from fel, I think you just want the moongate guards removed.

O

Old Man of UO

You know what would happen though if all guards were removed? The pks would all crowd around the moongate, x-fielding it and trapping anyone who goes through.

Getting any chance at a fair fight on a blue would become nearly impossible. The second any single player comes in they would get rushed and killed by whichever group seems to be dominating the field at the point in time.

I don't think you want guards removed totally from fel, I think you just want the moongate guards removed.
I wouldn't exactly call hugging the moongate a fair fight. Don't remove the guards from Felucca, but this is a poor excuse to keep them.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wouldn't exactly call hugging the moongate a fair fight. Don't remove the guards from Felucca, but this is a poor excuse to keep them.
...I wasn't calling hugging the moongate a fair fight...

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL

Why would they be doing their banking in fel and not trammel?

Anyhow, double resources are not a god given right to all mules, only the ones who want to risk being PKd with the reward of getting more resources for their time ;)
I bank in Fel and nailed a red who was stupid enough to attack me in town. And YES double resources are a "God given right" as you put it as it is part of the game. Outside of town is fair game but in town is not. Get over it.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO isnt a shooter game even though thats the mentality of many of todays really speedy players.
Isn't UO whatever the player chooses it to be? I think what the OP is trying to get across is the controlling environments encountered in Felluca, which they believe should be totally free willed. Their post is a most likely a rant however, and although I have all of my houses in Felluca and play almost solely there (except for the new stuff); I would have to agree that the moon gate guard zones are a necessity for a healthy player base.

IMO, the guard zones are in the best shape they have been in a long time. They are in the key areas where vulnerable players need them and they are not near as prejudice towards murderers as they used to be. I remember murderers being insta-guard whacked for just stepping into a guard zone, let alone attacking anyone. So, maybe the OP should think before they type next time. LOL

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And YES double resources are a "God given right" as you put it as it is part of the game. Outside of town is fair game but in town is not. Get over it.
No need to tell me to get over anything, don't be so childish ;)

Your point above is flawed. Double resources were introduced to fel as a risk vs reward system whereby you would run the risk of being killed by PKs for a greater reward.

The developers of the game didn't just say, I know, lets give double resources to mules just for the sheer hell of it!

Can you comprehend that?

It is the right of the mule to try and get the resources but you don't get it for free, there is a price to pay *evil laughter*

:)

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your point above is flawed. Double resources were introduced to fel as a risk vs reward system whereby you would run the risk of being killed by PKs for a greater reward.

The developers of the game didn't just say, I know, lets give double resources to mules just for the sheer hell of it!

Can you comprehend that?

It is the right of the mule to try and get the resources but you don't get it for free, there is a price to pay *evil laughter*

Oh get over yourself lol I am not childish, I can read AND I can comprehend so I will refrain from calling you a dumba**. They added double resources in Fel to TRY and get folks to step foot back on old soil... not so PK's could stand at the bank and wait for mules to walk up with their stuff and get an easy kill. Think before you post???

O

Old Man of UO

Can you comprehend that?

I think your reasoning is kinda flawed... double resources and guard zones in Felucca really have nothing to do with each other. Banking in a guard zone in Felucca has nothing to do with double resources.

Basically what you are saying, if I understand you correctly, you want to be able to freely kill crafters in town at the bank? You want the crafter to take the risk, but you don't want to take the risk of avoiding the guards? YA... some PvP'er you are.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your reasoning is kinda flawed... double resources and guard zones in Felucca really have nothing to do with each other. Banking in a guard zone in Felucca has nothing to do with double resources.

Basically what you are saying, if I understand you correctly, you want to be able to freely kill crafters in town at the bank? You want the crafter to take the risk, but you don't want to take the risk of avoiding the guards? YA... some PvP'er you are.
Exactly! you can tell the true PvPers from the whiner NON PvPers (you know...the ones who's friends let them kill them over and over so they can turn a pretty shade of red?) just by reading their posts. Isn't it amazing? And Old Man...we finally agreed on something! lol Indeed it is a great day :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a blue Feluccan I miss my old town of Skara Brae; Ocllo and Serp's Hold are okay but I would prefer to have guards back in the faction towns.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like guards in town but I think removing them from other areas/exits might be good. It might kill Yew Gate though, haha.

V

Vaen Swiftar

Remove guards from moongates and t2a entrances in Felucca. Not towns.

O

Old Man of UO

Remove guards from moongates and t2a entrances in Felucca. Not towns.
No to this, too... all this would do is move more of the wanna-be PvPers to to the guarded town's edges. So this wouldn't really solve any problem, just move it.

O

Old Man of UO

... And Old Man...we finally agreed on something! lol Indeed it is a great day :)
SHEESH! And all this time I was pretending to disagree with you. NOW I have to pretend to agree with you? :p

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No you've got completely the wrong end of the stick.

I have no interest in killing mules lol

My point is, what is forcing them to use a fellucan bank? All mules recall anyway, so if there was no GZ in fel, the mules would just bank in trammel banks.

Exactly! you can tell the true PvPers from the whiner NON PvPers (you know...the ones who's friends let them kill them over and over so they can turn a pretty shade of red?) just by reading their posts. Isn't it amazing? And Old Man...we finally agreed on something! lol Indeed it is a great day :)
You clearly have no clue about PvP which is one of the many frustrating things about U Hall. You get people that have no clue about certain things posting about them =(

Oh well.

I think the arguments put forward by Viper09 in this thread have started to change my mind about the whole thing anyway. I remember when I was on a blue mage trying to get some fights in Fel and would of found it alot harder if there was no safe area.... So yeah..

Incidentally about half an hour ago I killed 2 blue newbs who tried to GZ gank me, one of them had a rune beetle which died also, it was funny :)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh get over yourself lol I am not childish, I can read AND I can comprehend so I will refrain from calling you a dumba**. They added double resources in Fel to TRY and get folks to step foot back on old soil... not so PK's could stand at the bank and wait for mules to walk up with their stuff and get an easy kill. Think before you post???
Your not very clever from what I can see. Please read what i've said before you post.

A

Aboo

who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them
I can't say that it is the worst idea ever thought of, but it would sure come close.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the thing though. While you seem to be a rather kind Pker, the majority that I run into in fel would go and kill anyone and everyone, newbie or not in fel.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SHEESH! And all this time I was pretending to disagree with you. NOW I have to pretend to agree with you? :p
LoL Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle? We can yell at each other sometimes and agree with each other the rest...sounds fun to me! Although I may not agree with everything you say, your posts are always intelligent and not hate driven flaming garbage like whats in most of this thread. :D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Trade you no Guards if you get rid of factions, and housing in Felucca.

B

Bara

who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them
I would rather remove excessive question marks and ellipsis from Uhall. :lick:

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the thing though. While you seem to be a rather kind Pker, the majority that I run into in fel would go and kill anyone and everyone, newbie or not in fel.
Yes your right.

That is why I have revised my opinion on the matter based on your comments.

I would however, love to see the rules tweaked to avoid some of the annoying bluebie ganking and GZ antics they get up to. Not sure how it could be done though?

But I am aware that the priority is that we protect the new blood coming in looking for a fair crack at PvP.

O

Old Man of UO

LoL Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle? We can yell at each other sometimes and agree with each other the rest...sounds fun to me! Although I may not agree with everything you say, your posts are always intelligent and not hate driven flaming garbage like whats in most of this thread. :D
:grouphug: Sometimes people forget this is a game, and is supposed to be fun. Stratics is here as a service to US, and it is a privilege and not a right to post. We don't have to agree, but we should try to treat each other fairly (if not always nicely).

No you've got completely the wrong end of the stick.

My point is, what is forcing them to use a fellucan bank? All mules recall anyway, so if there was no GZ in fel, the mules would just bank in trammel banks.
This confuses me. What you are trying to do is force so called "mules" to bank in Trammel for safety. What does this accomplish, other than some Wild West mentality for the Feluccan cities? This won't fix the problems with PvP, only chase mules and other blues to Trammel to bank and buy from NPC's. It will only make Felucca even more deserted.

So, what are you trying to accomplish... remove all factors of safety from Felucca? If so, you need also to make all houses open to invasion, not just remove the guards from the cities. I'm not sure what your goal is, why you want to remove all the guards.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was old man, and it is a moot point if you read my previous post, the fact that mules like to use banks in fel should never come into it, because there is no need for them to risk doing that, when they can just as easy bank in the safe tram ruleset.

Xeno-phobia was making out as if mules would be getting slaughtered left right and centre while doing their banking, I was just pointing out that this would never need to be the case.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original reason to remove guards was to stop blue GZ hugging newbs abusing the GZ to gank reds and interfear with faction fights \ general PvP

You should really have picked that up by now tho just from reading my posts on this thread ;)

O

Old Man of UO

My point was old man, and it is a moot point if you read my previous post, the fact that mules like to use banks in fel should never come into it, because there is no need for them to risk doing that, when they can just as easy bank in the safe tram ruleset.
Well, I see what you mean, but I just disagree with the context. I can't really think it is your or my decision to decide there is no reason for mules (or any other non-Pvp'ers for that matter) to use Felucca bank and expect guards to protect us from attack. It's been there in every city except Buc Den since the beginning, now with some factions and event changes. So, we will have to disagree on this one, because I really don't see what this would fix.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was more the moongate, I don't necesarily disagree with what your saying there.

GZ protection in Towns doesn't really effect anyone, it was the GZ at yew gate that was being reffered to more than anything else in this thread.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, trammel existed long before UO went live online. As far as removing the guards, live with it or leave.

Lame PK's are pretty much demented real life ingrates that can't hold their own in a real bar fight, so they use a game to unleash their frustrations.
Either that or mommy's getting on their case again.

So we have trammel, not for the carebears, or the wussies, but for the players that have some maturity about them.

later kid

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, trammel existed long before UO went live online. As far as removing the guards, live with it or leave.

Lame PK's are pretty much demented real life ingrates that can't hold their own in a real bar fight, so they use a game to unleash their frustrations.

So we have trammel, not for the carebears, or the wussies, but for the players that have some maturity about them.

later kid
rofl ^^

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

later kid
rofl ^^

Give me some of whatever it is this guy is smoking :) :) :)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

later kid
I still can't get over this absolute corker of a post.

Trammel existed before UO went live?
PKs are just people who aren't able to hold their own in RL fights?

:hahaha:

W

wee papa smurf

later kid
I still can't get over this absolute corker of a post.

Trammel existed before UO went live?
PKs are just people who aren't able to hold their own in RL fights?

:hahaha:
I LOL'd :hahaha:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

later kid
This post & this entire thread for that matter is a gigantic cesspool.

The OP is clearly functionally illiterate & only trying to pass his serious ingame frustrations onto the boards. Even the basic premise of his post lacks any definition or support or knowledge of Uo history. Everybody deserves to have an opinion but this is just a childish, frustrated rant that belongs on a bedroom wall in crayon IMO.

The fact that so many people have kept this river of diarrhea flowing is not a good sign IMO.

And what is up with The 4th Man?
Trammel was created because everybody in Felucca is/was a demented, bar-brawling ingrate with Mommy issues?
I am most certainly no psychiatrist but somebody maybe needs to stop looking in the mirror too much my brother.

FYI: The movie The 4th Man is a homophobic tale about an alcholic, bisexual novelist with religious delusions. True story. I just looked it up :)

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:grouphug: Sometimes people forget this is a game, and is supposed to be fun. Stratics is here as a service to US, and it is a privilege and not a right to post. We don't have to agree, but we should try to treat each other fairly (if not always nicely).

This confuses me. What you are trying to do is force so called "mules" to bank in Trammel for safety. What does this accomplish, other than some Wild West mentality for the Feluccan cities? This won't fix the problems with PvP, only chase mules and other blues to Trammel to bank and buy from NPC's. It will only make Felucca even more deserted.

So, what are you trying to accomplish... remove all factors of safety from Felucca? If so, you need also to make all houses open to invasion, not just remove the guards from the cities. I'm not sure what your goal is, why you want to remove all the guards.
I love you more and more by the minute lol :hug:
And I think I'll pretty much step out of this thread because I don't think they will ever remove town guards no matter how much some folks whine about it...so to me it's a moot point. Cya somewhere else Old Man

G

Gwendar-SP

Words in polite society can't convey my low opinion of your idea. Even on production shards Fel is not only for fighting. A good game enables many play styles.

R

RollinTheTweed

later kid
You calling people kids when you want to judge their real life abilities with their in-game abilities.
Lame PKS? I was a PK before you picked up UO off the game shelf, learn some Ultima History before opening your trap 'Kiddo.' You're doing nothing but looking ignorant infront of real veterans players.

UO offers PvP, and at one time when PvP was a larger scale UO had tons more subscribers. Then whinners like yourself brought forthe the new land of "care-bears, and neon colors came later.

Pks are limited to the true land of UO, but yet you want to talk smack. Fel is for hardcore players, or well at one time was.

Your thoughts are poorly thought out. So I'm a lame insecure player because I PK people? Sad, I'd still drink a 5th, and slap you around at that 'bar fight' like I would In game.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, you need to have guards in towns for sure.

As for removing them at moongates I would be ok with that.

But all that would happen is that people would pvp near town guard zones instead, which isn't really a bad idea. It may bring a bit of life back to towns.

Edit: and as others have said, if you totally removed guards from Fel, no blues would ever show their faces making Fel even more of a ghost town.