• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

remove guards tottaly from fell

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who agrees this is best idea ever thought of in uo??? why the hell is there guards in fell ????? aint that what tram was invented for???? please remove them
sounds like someone got guardwacked and looted dry:owned:

L

[LGND]

Sure! Lets also remove tamers, houses, and blue characters. Heck, lets get rid of the towns, the moongates, and all existing runes and other methods to get into fel. While we're at it, its advisable to delete any character that happens to log into what used to be fel.

Anyway, this should be moved to spiels and rants. The OP probably got guardwhacked one to many times, I'm guessing at yew gate, after trying to gank a blue with while playing a zerg tamer gimplate. =] Just a guess tho.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Umm no. Fel should be like it was before Tram existed.

That is all.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Darn! I forgot to take a screeny. Guards got about 5 of 'em and their pets. I know it musta been really annoying...but from the safety of stealth, it was kinda funny. :lol:

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is all.
Well, then guards should not be removed. Before Tram existed, guards were in all cities, moongates, and guard towers throughout the land.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, then guards should not be removed. Before Tram existed, guards were in all cities, moongates, and guard towers throughout the land.
Aye, we were all under the protection of Lord British's troops....

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, this is far from the best idea in UO ever. Not the worst idea ever, but not a very good one. I actually like seeing people in fel who aren't there just for PvP or unattended macroing.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah but before tram... was there a fel???
yes, but it wasn't called felucca, back then you could actually out run guards sometimes, thats how it should be instead of insta kill

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is all.
Uh, yup that is a right on the money and God help you if you accidentally cast an offensive spell on yourself or a pet. You would get Guard Whacked in an instant. Gave rise to the reason you never ever carried the rune to your house in your back pack. Cuz there was nothing more fun that looting the KEY AND THE RUNE to a Guard Whacked Corpse.

I suppose they would want the House Security removed (and the lock down/secure restrictions go with it) leaving the NO DECAY in a house rule. But then how many want the House Break in Exploits and Hacks that were prevalent.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but it wasn't called felucca, back then you could actually out run guards sometimes, thats how it should be instead of insta kill

Ya I started this game back in 2000. I remember before instakill watching a player actually fight a gaurd. He got him down about half way before the gaurd won. It was hilarious. Drew a big big crowd.

J

Jhym

Nah, it keeps Feluccans honest.

However, I wouldn't mind if they made Feluccan guards vulnerable and fightable. If you can kill em before they call another one, you win!!

Truthfully I'd like them to remove the invulnerable tag entirely, let npcs work like they used to. What's a few shopkeeps lost to poisoned food after all, when they respawn anyway.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe guards should be able to be killed rather than instant WHACK your DEAD.. I believe players should have to fight them off, similar to faction guards.

M

maroite

There have always been guards in fel since 1997.

They should just put the restrictions on reds back in from 1997, problem solved.

But then you'd just come back and cry that its not fair. :twak:

Ya I started this game back in 2000. I remember before instakill watching a player actually fight a gaurd. He got him down about half way before the gaurd won. It was hilarious. Drew a big big crowd.
Not sure what game you were playing, but in 1997, guards would insta kill you. Use to hate accidently hitting combat mode and hitting a shop keeper. lol

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just think its getting quite anoying with all the blues standing in guards waiting for the perfect momment to gank you and when you try kill them they teleport into guards and whack you insta i dont mind now and again but when it happens every day like 15 times a day gets quite anoying lol :p

W

wee papa smurf

i just think its getting quite anoying with all the blues standing in guards waiting for the perfect momment to gank you and when you try kill them they teleport into guards and whack you insta i dont mind now and again but when it happens every day like 15 times a day gets quite anoying lol :p
Some people in this game have become legendary in the skill of guardcalling :eyes:

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think Fel is empty now? Remove guards and see how much worse it gets. UO isnt a shooter game even though thats the mentality of many of todays really speedy players. I would argue that reds should have never been allowed in town. Thats what bucs den was for. They should have made occlo bucs den and bucs den occlo. Yes those server lines in bucs were extremely annoying. As far as complaining about getting guard whacked maybe you shouldnt attack someone in or near a guard zone. Guard zones have been around since the beginning. Removing guards simply would be moving UO even further away from the game that use to be awesome.

O

Old Man of UO

15 times a day? I think the problem is a learning issue, not a "Guards!" issue! LOL

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lolol they just stand near the guards waiting for other factions to attack then gank so i try to kill them off before that happens but no they have teleport pre casted and when i attack they tele into guards and whack :/ its just getting old :/ i still think no guards in fell is good idea i mean aint fell ment for the risk of getting killed??? i thought that was the whole point in fell.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because back in the day there was only Fel, the only safety you had was in towns and around guards. If someone was stealing from your pack and turned gray, you could say GUARDS HELP! I mean it was the ONLY safety we had. At this point, I really don't know if they are needed.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lolol they just stand near the guards waiting for other factions to attack then gank so i try to kill them off before that happens but no they have teleport pre casted and when i attack they tele into guards and whack :/ its just getting old :/ i still think no guards in fell is good idea i mean aint fell ment for the risk of getting killed??? i thought that was the whole point in fell.
Forgive me for asking, but if attacking people who GZ hop is getting old, then why do you stay in the area? Wouldn't it make sense for you and your red friends to find another hang out away from a GZ, house, or server line and have your battles there? If there are no reds at a moongate, then the blues should go hunting for you all, right? Especially if you tell them where you are.

Now you might say that the blues won't follow you to an unprotected spot like that... if so, then why would removing the GZ be a good change, since the blues won't be around anyway?

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me for asking, but if attacking people who GZ hop is getting old, then why do you stay in the area? Wouldn't it make sense for you and your red friends to find another hang out away from a GZ, house, or server line and have your battles there? If there are no reds at a moongate, then the blues should go hunting for you all, right? Especially if you tell them where you are.

Now you might say that the blues won't follow you to an unprotected spot like that... if so, then why would removing the GZ be a good change, since the blues won't be around anyway?

good point tbh but still hate guards non the less i think they should have never been in fell in the first place when they made tram and nothing will change my mind on that

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We would prefer they weren't around because it would mean that they could not annoy us with their abuse of game mechanics (ie the g zone) to create situations where they are able to attack reds with relative confidence they cannot be harmed.

They also would then not be able to interfear as easily with faction battles which occasionally centre around the gate.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We would prefer they weren't around because it would mean that they could not annoy us with their abuse of game mechanics (ie the g zone) to create situations where they are able to attack reds with relative confidence they cannot be harmed.

They also would then not be able to interfear as easily with faction battles which occasionally centre around the gate.
I understand, but if you move away from the GZ (to the hedge maze for example, there there are no guard zones to annoy you). I can understand your point about faction battles however, but I don't think that justifies removing the guard zones from Fel. I wonder if faction members can be flagged in some to to not allow them to call guards?

W

Wakiza

Guards can still be killed. :)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand, but if you move away from the GZ (to the hedge maze for example, there there are no guard zones to annoy you). I can understand your point about faction battles however, but I don't think that justifies removing the guard zones from Fel. I wonder if faction members can be flagged in some to to not allow them to call guards?
I'm sorry but your idea to move to the hedge maze is just never going to happen. PvP is focused around Yew gate for many reasons and has been that way for years, its not going to suddenly change to a different location.

Anyone who enters fel should be flagged for PvP.

If people want to spectate they could still do so, as a ghost.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't going to happen. So how about you go war some guilds and let it rest. So what it you can't kill some people who run into the guard zone. That's one of the reasons it's best to let them attack you first...

Of course if they couldn't run into the guard zone they would just run on and on and on....and on.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't going to happen. So how about you go war some guilds and let it rest. So what it you can't kill some people who run into the guard zone. That's one of the reasons it's best to let them attack you first...

Of course if they couldn't run into the guard zone they would just run on and on and on....and on.
You've missed the point Viper09.

Freequently blues hang about the GZ with impunity and irritate people who are actually there to PvP by attacking them when they have their hands full, or ganking.

It is annoying to say the least.

The worst part about it is, you can be fighting another player around the GZ, a blue gets involved and causes you to die, by the time you go and get rezed and restocked (because of course, you will be looted dry) the blue is once again standing in the GZ and no longer flagged to you...

So then it becomes a game of trying to lure the player out of the GZ to get to fight them becuase they sure as hell don't want to actually fight you on even terms.

Very frustrating.

There is no reason for players who do not consent to PvP to be in fel, there should be an instant flag when you cross into the facet.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about blues who come looking for a fair fight only to have the other reds getting involved?

For blues it can be a game trying to get a decent fight without getting jumped by other reds, lol.

Not everyone has an entire guild behind them.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca is not a WoW PvP zone and despite what you may think, a significant number of Feluccans play this game for reasons other than PvP - like for instance RP reasons.

I realize you probably don't care much about lore or RP, that you probably only login this game to click and kill. However, Felucca is not meant simply for PvP despite what many non-RP PvP'ers or "Trammies" might like to believe.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about blues who come looking for a fair fight only to have the other reds getting involved?

For blues it can be a game trying to get a decent fight without getting jumped by other reds, lol.
To be fair you've got a point there.

I just enjoy a good fair fight and I hate it when things get in the way of it which is soooooooooooooooooo often the case in fel.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca is not a WoW PvP zone and despite what you may think, a significant number of Feluccans play this game for reasons other than PvP - like for instance RP reasons.

I realize you probably don't care much about lore or RP, that you probably only login this game to click and kill. However, Felucca is not meant simply for PvP despite what many non-RP PvP'ers or "Trammies" might like to believe.
Did you really feel the need to justify what you were saying with this preamble: "I realize you probably don't care much about lore or RP, that you probably only login this game to click and kill"

I'm a reasonable person, I understand there are other playstyles out there besides mine.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was responding to the original post, the content of which seemed to indicate he had little idea about other playstyles.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good point tbh but still hate guards non the less i think they should have never been in fell in the first place when they made tram and nothing will change my mind on that
I love it when folks make themselfs look like asses

Both points in your post is flawed.

Fell is actually Felucca, no double ll, they have always been in city limits except for buc's den which is a "pirate" town.

When they made Trammel, it was a mirror of Felucca which included the guards inside the citys.

That is fact, irreguardless what will change your mind, You should know what UO and FELUCCA was like before you try to act as if you played the game way back when.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it when folks make themselfs look like asses

Both points in your post is flawed.

Fell is actually Felucca, no double ll, they have always been in city limits except for buc's den which is a "pirate" town.

When they made Trammel, it was a mirror of Felucca which included the guards inside the citys.

That is fact, irreguardless what will change your mind, You should know what UO and FELUCCA was like before you try to act as if you played the game way back when.
Don't pull other people up about spelling mistakes when you have multiple errors in your own post both spelling and gramatical rofl

"make themselfs look like asses"? hehe

M

maroite

Don't pull other people up about spelling mistakes when you have multiple errors in your own post both spelling and gramatical rofl

"make themselfs look like asses"? hehe
If you didn't know "asses" is a common term for "donkeys."

Just sayin...

Also, if you don't like it then pvp with other reds. PvP in UO was never meant to be red vs blue. You can PvP ANYONE. rolleyes:

And guess what, reds can't call guards on you. ;)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you didn't know "asses" is a common term for "donkeys."

Just sayin...

Also, if you don't like it then pvp with other reds. PvP in UO was never meant to be red vs blue. You can PvP ANYONE. rolleyes:

And guess what, reds can't call guards on you. ;)
You have completely missed the point of my argument by the sounds of things.

Don't just comment without reading the thread, c'mon now laddie.

And I wasn't picking him up on saying asses it was the fact he failed to spell "Themselves" correctly.

You clearly missed that :)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
99% of Fel is now unguarded. All Faction towns have no guards. So it only leaves a few towns, the moongates and a few passageways that still have guards.

So why not go the full way and make fel 100% guard free? Gets my vote!

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry but your idea to move to the hedge maze is just never going to happen. PvP is focused around Yew gate for many reasons and has been that way for years, its not going to suddenly change to a different location.

Exactly. Yew gate fights exist because of houses there where people can flee. Other people come there too because there is a GZ. Remove the GZ and Yew gate fights will disappear.

O

Old Man of UO

99% of Fel is now unguarded. All Faction towns have no guards. So it only leaves a few towns, the moongates and a few passageways that still have guards.

Why not just take the fight away from the guard zones? If you don't like fighting near towns and moongates because someone might call the guards, just walk away from the gates. Like you said, 99% of the Felucca is guard free, plenty of room to PvP.

L

Lord Drakelord

Disagree with the OP. Right now those towns with faction have no guards, so I tend to remain out of those towns unless I have to go there. Only towns I really run to in Felucca are those non faction cities and I enjoy when I can call a guard on some fool that attacks me.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anyone who enters fel should be flagged for PvP.

If people want to spectate they could still do so, as a ghost.
What are these reasons for pvp being centered around a guard zone? Why is the Yew Gate area better than any other gate area? I honestly never understood why pvp was centered around a guard zone when so many people complain about it.

If the rest of the GZ's are removed, those people who use the GZ as a crutch will simply not return to fel at all. The Devs cannot put code in place to make people behave in a certain way.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why not just take the fight away from the guard zones? If you don't like fighting near towns and moongates because someone might call the guards, just walk away from the gates. Like you said, 99% of the Felucca is guard free, plenty of room to PvP.
Why would you come to fel and stand at a moongate? what purpose does it achive? Why not stand at a moongate in Tram if you just want to sit at a moongate. Truth is most blues at the gate are there to grief and try and kill reds who are fighting/faction fight with others.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A red can go into town now without getting whacked...wtf more do you want? There are SOME players who go to Fel for the extra resources just to have some red slam them at the bank? Please! This is a dumb idea and I doubt you will ever get such a lame wish.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A red can go into town now without getting whacked...wtf more do you want? There are SOME players who go to Fel for the extra resources just to have some red slam them at the bank? Please! This is a dumb idea and I doubt you will ever get such a lame wish.
LOL

Why would they be doing their banking in fel and not trammel?

Anyhow, double resources are not a god given right to all mules, only the ones who want to risk being PKd with the reward of getting more resources for their time ;)