• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Thread- Keep your smack talk in here. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Capt.E

As I stated in my post. I have no problem with blues killing the harry. I just wondered if I went to have fun(i.e. killing cartel members). Would I be in the wrong? As it is stated I guess I am. I have no problem with you guys coming to fel. I sincerely hope that you do. I feel that PvP is the best thing this game has to offer. Just remember it is a long, slow learning curve. I'm not trying to be mean spirited or angry. I enjoy PvP, that is pretty much the only reason I log on.

Oh and twist, I hope you stocked up on wands. :p

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
map is broken, period. remapping and pointing map to the CORRECT uo file does NOTHING. just a black screen with points of interest only. i have more then enough computer experience to know what i'm talking about. you people who have the complete Map files don't see this and never will.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a major issue that could happen here. At the shard harry if some of SI allies want to come to raid for pvp and the guild alliance leader SI wants to help at the harry.

Is SI going to help fight off any alliance member that does come to raid on a faction toon or ally toon?

Is SI going to stand by and allow some of their alliance members kill other players and do nothing?

Maybe SI should just stay out of the public shard harry since issues could arise. IF and I will type again IF SI really wants to particpate and didnt want to do an event themselves then you need to adress these questions. I dont want to be fighting a raid in the front and get stabbed in the back from SI that is already there b/c of the supposedly offer of help.
There is always the chance some rogue member of any guild will decide to raid the public Harrower. While your concerns are valid, they are also speculative. What if an M!S or Cartel member decided to raid the public Harrower? Not sure why you are singling out SI/Alliance. I've already posted on this shard that our members have been instructed to support this event. I've posted the same on our Alliance Forums.

If we don't participate, we look like we do not support the shard. But now if we do, we risk offending certain Baja Shard citizens. Hmmmm.......

I think the petty drama is killing the fun for the event Zos... so just relax, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
map is broken, period. remapping and pointing map to the CORRECT uo file does NOTHING. just a black screen with points of interest only. i have more then enough computer experience to know what i'm talking about. you people who have the complete Map files don't see this and never will.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=218639

Hope this helps. Sounds like you just need the map files, not the instructions, which can be found on the link posted in this thread.

M

McVie

When is this supposed to go down? I would like to be there when all hell breaks loose. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is always the chance some rogue member of any guild will decide to raid the public Harrower. While your concerns are valid, they are also speculative. What if an M!S or Cartel member decided to raid the public Harrower? Not sure why you are singling out SI/Alliance. I've already posted on this shard that our members have been instructed to support this event. I've posted the same on our Alliance Forums.

If we don't participate, we look like we do not support the shard. But now if we do, we risk offending certain Baja Shard citizens. Hmmmm.......

I think the petty drama is killing the fun for the event Zos... so just relax, sit back, and enjoy the ride.
Really doesnt bother me anyway. I can defend myself quite so wasnt worried about any of your alliance killing me. My concern was for others that dont pvp and if the ROGUES got through on a stealther. Capt E is in your alliance so to you it seems I am singling you out. It would of been the same if any other guild that offered to help and their members or ally had posted the same thing. I may be harsh at times but I am fair. My apologies if you took some kind offence to it. My comments was also reffering to what you had stated in the Baja harry post how you all offered help to rez and heal. Then you stated this after Capt E post ...........

"The point I was trying to make is that with a large alliance sometimes not everybody IN that alliance is willing to follow protocol , standards and simple “dos’ & “dont’s” when the guild joins an alliance. Nevertheless these are standard codes of conduct that are agreed upon at the time of the inception of the guild into an Alliance. There will inevitably be members that are either naïve on Alliance policies or are aware of them but in effect choose to break them. These particular member cause drama and require us to take action."

So hence my questions was openly posted. So big deal if he is the only one that raids to "TRY" to kill Cartel. He still is breaking some protocol if you all had agreed to help in the first place. :) Truthfully I was only expecting KR to raid after you had posted about the offer to help. I was not expecting one of your own to post they were. We all know a true harry gets raided but a shard harry hmmmm unless the powers to be that organized this wants it raided or not. Really dont care if it gets raided but I wont be the one face down a** up. I am only reactivating my accounts to help out Baja since it was my home.

Btw Im not M!S anymore but leave them out of it. Just gun for me :)

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw Im not M!S anymore but leave them out of it. Just gun for me :)
I would sweet-cheeks but despite my repeated requests you have decided to keep your characters on Baja a mystery.

Yea, Capt. E, with his recent posts on Stratics and his desire to buck the Alliance he has voluntarily agreed to participate in could possibly considered one of those rogue members. Not sure what his deal is, he's a cool guy and fun to PvP with but has managed to also be a thorn in the side of the SI/Alliance leadership that is trying to remain consistent.

I hope the Public Harry goes well. At this point I think I'm probably going to stay out of it. To much drama and if there are any issues I'd like to remain as free from blame as possible.

Y

Yalp

Re: Baja Public Harrower - 8/6/2010 5 - 6 PM PST

Before the disinformation campaign starts...

I went to this event on a trammie that never goes to fel
I got there late and the true was 1/2 dead, so I didn't attack it.
I did not collect any gold
I did not do anything aggressive to any player, red, blue, green, purple or otherwise
I was standing at the entrance to covetous when a coordinated double ganking was handed to me for no reason by Wario and Jackal of Cartel.

So be entertained all you want Mr Shard reporter on the animosity we feel for cartel, take note Mr Moderator for the next time you want to tell everyone how unfair I am to cartel.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet Cheeks? lawl sorry I dont slide that way but I know to get you some knee pads for a stocking stuffer for xmas for that special someone you may like. I just got back from buying a new car so I guess I missed it. What happend to the days you are in and out when you pay in full for a vehicle? Damn paper work.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yup, Yalp was PK'd.

After the Harrower was done.

S

Slugs hate Mongbats

IMHO sufficient time was given after the Harrower to gather up the gold and "get the hell out of Dodge" so to speak ... those that chose to remain ... well the event had ended

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Before the disinformation campaign starts...

I went to this event on a trammie that never goes to fel
I got there late and the true was 1/2 dead, so I didn't attack it.
I did not collect any gold
I did not do anything aggressive to any player, red, blue, green, purple or otherwise
I was standing at the entrance to covetous when a coordinated double ganking was handed to me for no reason by Wario and Jackal of Cartel.

So be entertained all you want Mr Shard reporter on the animosity we feel for cartel, take note Mr Moderator for the next time you want to tell everyone how unfair I am to cartel.

Get your facts right person, I (Wario) was nowhere near you,but im glad you thought of me when you died,makes me feel all warm inside.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet Cheeks? lawl sorry I dont slide that way but I know to get you some knee pads for a stocking stuffer for xmas for that special someone you may like.
And still no offer of identification... that's ok I've figured out who you are Dalamar. But now that I know I am sad because you are never on Baja you big dangerous Stratics monster you....

Hey! If I ever see you on Baja or any other shard we can dance.... I'll even let you lead. But now that I know who "Zosimus" is I know not to waste my time replying to anymore of your posts.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you have fun trying to look up on uo.com and look through M!S guild and see who was missing or most likely somebody gave me up but no big deal. Now you make some offer to dance? I challenged you before for accounts and you never responded in uhall for all UO players to see on stratics with that little drama piece your allies posted. So dont act like your tough now. SI is pvmers inculding you. GBU is your pvpers and that sure isnt you.

Y

Yalp

There we go... cartel doesn't disappoint when it comes to excuses for their behavior. Their own "shard-wide" event couldn't even prevent them from ganking blues in fel.

But.. shhh we're not supposed to talk the truth about cartel right now, when they are trying so hard to be "good shard citizens" so they can get a banner for "their" island.

** Perhaps the devs should be looking into Wario's account, since it's sending murder counts to him without any action on his part... sounds like some massive code failure that will destroy the entire game **

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Go to Fel and you might get ganked. Between playin' since '98 and this doesn't seem exactly like new news to me... rolleyes:

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No need for excuses, Yalp. We won't deny we did it.

When the guys in Vent said they wanted to gank you, I thought I'd gladly take the heat for this one.

You don't like Cartel. You go out of your way to grief us.

We don't like you.

Event was well over, and everyone knew it.

You were ganked. It was funny. We laughed.

You had it coming.

No one else was killed. Everyone else had fun. Even other SI and Alliance members weren't attacked.

Get over it, or don't. We don't care.

We want a banner, but we're not giving up on being PKs to do it, and no one is expecting us to. Killing you won't change one thing but it'll put a smile on our faces. Go ahead and keep posting, your one-victim PR campaign means very little to us.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There we go... cartel doesn't disappoint when it comes to excuses for their behavior. Their own "shard-wide" event couldn't even prevent them from ganking blues in fel.

But.. shhh we're not supposed to talk the truth about cartel right now, when they are trying so hard to be "good shard citizens" so they can get a banner for "their" island.

** Perhaps the devs should be looking into Wario's account, since it's sending murder counts to him without any action on his part... sounds like some massive code failure that will destroy the entire game **

Ima be nice and not reply to this. lets just have a :grouphug: and move past it.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hahahahhaah @ yalp =]

I got a idea, we should all place bets on how many keyboards yalp will break this week.

E

Emosocial

What are pk's supposed to do ? hold hands and sing kum ba ya ?

for the record, cartel does kill blues, reds, oranges....hell if they stand around long enough we kill greens and other guildmates for the fun of it.

This is a video game. killing or dying in a video game does not make you bad or good and it doesn't cost a thing other than a few potions.

Get over it.

Y

Yalp

What you have is a player who uses Stratics forums to call out Cartel and a Stratics Moderator for the crap that they put on the forums, the double standard they use for their gameplay and the lack of class they show on Baja.

In response to this criticism. Cartel shows their true nature as liars and punks.

Since you all repeatedly go out of your way to try to ruin my gameplay, me thinks the criticism hits close to home.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
deflecting on why you really killed her... just man up and say the real reason why you ganked Yalp.

YOU DON'T LIKE CERTAIN PEOPLE IN GAME FOR WHATEVER REASON AND DECIDED TO KILL HER... seconds after leaving the cave. Everyone knows who you (Cartel) like and don't like.

and another thing, did the zoo get those 25's from the 'shard harry?'

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we killed her. I already admitted to it.

It wasn't "seconds" after leaving the cave. Most of the gold was already picked up.

We don't have to be "good shard" citizens to participate in the community of Baja. In fact, after the lengths you and Yalp have gone to defame us, we have no interest in you guys being part of our community. Did you think I didn't know you posted as "Kenneth the Greifer"?

No, the Harrower Protections scrolls haven't been passed out yet. I'll list them here for everyone to see:

4 +25's
2 +20's
1 +15 (donated by Nicholas the Old)
1 +5

I haven't decided what to do with them yet. If anyone has a suggestion on how to distribute them or donate them, I'm all ears. I already donate to the Zoo all the time, as the Zoo folks will attest to.

Do you really think Cartel is hurting for scrolls? We have no need to keep them.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" Did you think I didn't know you posted as "Kenneth the Greifer"?

of course i know you know. funny how you were 'offended' when in fact it defines you.
i don't know who you think you're kidding.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reminder and Warning

This forum does not allow attacks on the individuals behind the character!
Offending posters have been warned to edit their posts so they no longer contain the violations.

We are all guests here on these forums and its not like I'm telling you that you have to be nice to each others characters but you can't use offensive words to insult the person behind the character.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we killed her. I already admitted to it.

It wasn't "seconds" after leaving the cave. Most of the gold was already picked up.

We don't have to be "good shard" citizens to participate in the community of Baja. In fact, after the lengths you and Yalp have gone to defame us, we have no interest in you guys being part of our community. Did you think I didn't know you posted as "Kenneth the Greifer"?

No, the Harrower Protections scrolls haven't been passed out yet. I'll list them here for everyone to see:

4 +25's
2 +20's
1 +15 (donated by Nicholas the Old)
1 +5

I haven't decided what to do with them yet. If anyone has a suggestion on how to distribute them or donate them, I'm all ears. I already donate to the Zoo all the time, as the Zoo folks will attest to.

Do you really think Cartel is hurting for scrolls? We have no need to keep them.
I'll take the 25s *holds out hand*.... donations accepted.

R

Rosscoe

One time....long ago?

Someone named Souless and I went to an island looking at some people doing a spawn.

We talked about going in and trying to slow them down. We looked at the odds of us two facing 11 folks from SI. It was in a later afternoon with no one else on. After all... this "Cartel" thing was just a fluke he and I had. There was only 6 of us at the time.

I told Souless, "Sure, why the hell not. We've done things more stupid than this!".

We didn't have ventillro. We used the good old fashioned telephone. And away we went picking a few off at a time.

Sooner than later we killed almost all of them. One last person came in and managed to get tangled in a para field laid by Souless.

The guy cried that he paged a GM on us for hacking with exploits, cheating... and the list goes on. He died from a slow poison spell while the two of us scoffed at him, enjoying every last drain.

But... who would have thought a GM showed?

He did (I don't have the screenies...others might) and there was a huge arguement. Souless and I now were talking to a GM and 11 huddled ghosts. The accusations flew left and right.

All it was was a good mage, and a jacking dexxer. He stood them still, and I finished them off....one by one.

The GM put a squelch tag on the 5 of the 11 for smarting off to him. The others were moved to their original "birth" place naked, and watched their items decay off their corpses.

Souless and I hopped on our "bluebies" and went to the bank in Brit. The squelched 5 stood in a row (we wonder if that was their punishment), and the others cried about out cheating, and even went to the notions of claiming we were "GM's themselves".

It seems back then, that it was the time for the excuses. This small 6 man guild was the underdog... running into anything while laughing about it.

And 4 years later it seems..... the same excuses still exist.

I think it's time Baja was revisited.

S

Stephanie Sonoma

Saw this on the Sonoma Boards:

Baja has NO real PvPers at all..not a one would stand 30 seconds against any WAKA...ever. :thumbup1:

Tuck your tail, empty the drool cup and fold up Carnes lower lip then slink on back to the nothingness you have always been....and will always be. :gee:

This is the big boy room and you are simply not allowed in. :stretcher:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I don't claim this to be true or false, but I think a Royal Rumble would be fun.

E

Emosocial

Saw this on the Sonoma Boards:

I don't claim this to be true or false, but I think a Royal Rumble would be fun.

Baja has already been visited by the "top" guilds in term of zerg, class and "skill"....all have been returned to their home shards humiliated.

Whats new.

yatta.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wouldn't happen.

Some of those WAKA members are in Cartel anyways.

It was a troll post written by an archer with a big mouth. I'm sure we've all seen plenty of those in recent times. Not going to waste even a moment thinking about it.

/ignore

Grey Eagle of Baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yalp this is the life of baja,, its our game its Cartel and minax's game .
no wonder so many have left this shard for others. once u turn on the light , its really quite sad that this once populated shard of red haters and blue haters is nothing more than spat here and there.

while you may be hearing im an ass or insane or im going to ruin the shard... let me point out one fact.. in one day alone 8 separate accounts from 8 different people were reactivated just because of the idea...of fighting the alliance 13 chars have been moved from other shards.. so what im saying is , just becuase SK 's (character)and others dont like it .. because they cant go around killing whoever they like anymore and then go spawn and laugh and joke a hour later...maybe its them that dont understand .. SK is a red(his chacter that is) . He's Considered and claims to be a MURDERER, so its my thoughts he should be treated like one.. just as Noxx was treated like an outcast, o anda trader. if he wants to be freinds with people in the alliance on that caharacter, then that character AND the person hes friends with are spies , thats the real meaniing of this game , theres no secret catch thats it.. however if hes on Talisman or wahtever his blues name is and chooses to associate with blue guilds.. then there is no problem (like Grey Eagle does ) .... so as i have clearly stated before ... im not the one in the wrong and on the contrary to ruining the shard i was bringing it to life ... several people mentioned to me while i was on pacific shard that they left becuase of this very reason "soap opera" like BS on Baja..and imparticualar the alliance and certain red guilds. And one more thing i would like to point out.. during the situation on saturday the 21st or2nd where SI was going to do a harry and it was announced in G-chat, all of CARTELL amoung others were involved and everyone was having a good time ,well maybe except SI . a few days later a Cartell member was recruiting in General chat for Disgruntled SI memebers. the day after i myslelf was Recruiting in G-Chat for Minax against the Alliance, and some Super Ken (the Character) guy said not to bring Cartell into the game.. of course i insisted i had not mentioned Cartell at all and had not asked for his help ., he then replied , fine join minax and we will kill you too.. (thats the spirit Mr. Baja character/moderator/Super ken ... Protect the alliance , or as Yalp pointed out ealier (those u like in the alliance) *Shrugs" .. oh and wario LT snuglles the character,, you dont fool as many as u think ,. and your supposed to be the minax leader.. pretty sad.
reply and post and rip this apart anyway u like people .. even delete it and ban me , makes no differene at all ,..im not into your lame drama, its worse than watching re-runs of gilligans isle at 3am

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HUH?

The only part of that entire post I understood was "Gilligan's Island" which is a great classic show.

Mary Ann is HOT !!!!

S

ShockerBleedsKR

most of these people in here posting are "spawners" don't they have a spawner channel? i thought this was for pvpers.... :confused:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what he said is there is a bunch of bullsheet drama on this shard with way too many chefs in the uo kitchen thinking they can dictate to others.

what I find interesting is why are so many former Si members not happy with Si and why doesn't Si address those issues ? btw hi Noxx, you've always been cool with everyone.

C

Capt.E

@ the KR guy:
So basically what your saying is that we are spawners (the alliance)? Well, that's what we choose to do, it's profitable and fun. The PvP part of it is also loads of fun. Let me see, the KR vendors sell imbuing ingredients and potions, I'd say you guys are trammies?
If you want to start playing factions and guarding towns and sigils, oh wait the RP'ers of this shard have that on lock. They buy tons of guards and sit in their fort in Brit and are basically untouchable because you can't field or cast area spells. It's lame.
This shard has gotten so lame recently. First cartel turns into a buncha trammies, then SI has a meltdown, now I can't even figure out what to make of the posts on the boards. I am seriously considering a long break from the game. Again.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two of our little trammies took out two of your mystics in a matter of seconds.

Then only one of our little trammies took out the same two mystics by himself.

Good deal.

C

Capt.E

It wasn't 2 mystics, if you actully read other people's spells instead of spamming pain spike you'd see that.

2 necro's is still at least as powerful as 2 mystics with the right dump. Your pain spike actually worked! Congrats. See you on the field chump.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol If you actually read spells you'd know I don't pain spike spam. I didn't use it once on either of you, and haven't used it in a while. I'm not a Necro.

Hell, maybe if you actually read spells, or ANYONE in SI or the Alliance did, they'd figure out how to really use a Mystic. Not one of you use it correctly. HINT HINT.

All I know is you both got dropped, embarrassingly so. HAHAHA!

See you on the field too buddy.

EDIT: Ok, so you're a necro/mystic, and Sparticus is pure suck. All he ever does is make racist comments and talk trash to justify his deaths. Maybe it wasn't such an impressive fight after all, but it's still no reason for you to quit the game, dummy.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope you quit personally..one less house hiding little sucka to laugh at.. si sticks to spawning because thats all they can do..WHEN they can do it. And as my bff said..2 of our trammies dropped 4 of yours..and then did it 2v1 lol, give credit where credit is due,you suck..90% of your alliance suck..please dont troll and bash other guilds when yours and your alliance cant do **** :gun:

S

Slugs hate Mongbats

But Snuggles if everyone who sucks leaves Fel or quits who ya gonna fight? LOL ... I dunno I keep coming back in the hope that maybe some day I'll suck a lil less. Not seeing it yet ... but hey its just pixels :stretcher:

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 necro's is still at least as powerful as 2 mystics with the right dump. See you on the field chump.
I really have to disagree with this statement, the only template that's comparable to a mystic is a tamer/mage. A good mystic (Not that it's any work to be "Good" on a mystic), should never lose to a good necro 1vs1 2vs2 etc, It's so unbalanced.

C

Capt.E

I really have to disagree with this statement, the only template that's comparable to a mystic is a tamer/mage. A good mystic (Not that it's any work to be "Good" on a mystic), should never lose to a good necro 1vs1 2vs2 etc, It's so unbalanced.
Necro is really powerful man. Fast spells that have duration and require an apple. Mystic is similiar, but you have to build a suit around corpse skin. Also Necro spells are made for dueling, they are the best interruptors in the game IMHO. Nothing stops mages or dexxer in their tracks like a good necro. All you have to be is a decent healer and have apples for mystics. No additions to suits. Everyone used to run corpse proof suits prior to SA. Now since Cartel is fighting on necros again they are trying to force our hands into a different suit. It is still work to be a good mystic. If you think it's all about Plagues and magic arrow you're playing it wrong. If you are dying to Plagues and magic arrow then you're doing someting wrong too. 2 necro's when dumping will off you just as fast as 2 mystics. I think faster actually.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic > Necro

Nobody's fault y'all don't know how to use 'em yet, despite having Mysticism before us.

Nothing kills faster than the right Mystic dump, but you guys aren't reading spells and haven't figured it out yet.

J

Jeff.

necros are extremely weak compaired to mystics, in fact before mysticism was brought out I just played a pure mage because necro is so weak with apples and all

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"It is still work to be a good mystic. If you think it's all about Plagues and magic arrow you're playing it wrong. If you are dying to Plagues and magic arrow then you're doing someting wrong too. 2 necro's"

sooo what are you doing wrong since i kill you with plague arrow all the time? your assist profiles not loading right?

C

Capt.E

I dunno, obviously you're leetsauce. You plague-MA ninja speeder god.

Status
Not open for further replies.