• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Thread- Keep your smack talk in here. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Personal Attacks and Trash Talking on General Chat

I say if you dont like the foul language then maybe turn on your context filter or STFU about it. We are not talking to you. We dont cry when your talking about trammie stuff......SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT....Maybe leave chat or add the "Pvpers" to the ignore options.
SO I HAVE TO MISS PART OF MY GAMING EXPERENCE (TURNING OFF GOBAL CHAT) CAUSE YOUR TOTAL VOCABULARY IS **** *** OR SOMEE MAMA JOKES?? BY A MINORITY OF THE THE PLAYER BASE. GROW UP OR EAT **** AND DIE

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I say if you dont like the foul language then maybe turn on your context filter or STFU about it. We are not talking to you. We dont cry when your talking about trammie stuff......SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT....Maybe leave chat or add the "Pvpers" to the ignore options.
SO I HAVE TO MISS PART OF MY GAMING EXPERENCE (TURNING OFF GOBAL CHAT) CAUSE YOUR TOTAL VOCABULARY IS **** *** OR SOMEE MAMA JOKES?? BY A MINORITY OF THE THE PLAYER BASE. GROW UP OR EAT **** AND DIE
Although his comment came in as heavy-handed; wasn't your suggestion much the same? By asking the PvPers to be in their own channel, you've essentially asked them to remove themselves from Global Chat thereby limiting their gaming experience as well.

M

MasterP

Hints the "Persona attack" eat crap and die....This would mean rl i think? As i said before, there is a add to ignore or a context filter. Now stop your NERD RAGE and grow up. You control what you read and ignore, therefore if you dont like what you see its your own fault?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Spoken like a true PKer (not PvPer) and the only reason they do this is
SuperKen
I believe the reasons that PvPers want to stay in the General channel are these:

1. They want attention.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dial it back or the cuffs come out.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I believe the reasons that PvPers want to stay in the General channel are these:

1. They want attention.
What is bullying?
Bullying is persistent unwelcome behaviour, mostly using unwarranted or invalid criticism, nit-picking, fault-finding, also exclusion, isolation, being singled out and treated differently, being shouted at, humiliated, excessive monitoring, having verbal and written warnings imposed, and much more.

Why do people bully?
The purpose of bullying is to hide inadequacy. Bullying has nothing to do with managing etc; good managers manage, bad managers bully. Management is managing; bullying is not managing. Therefore, anyone who chooses to bully is admitting their inadequacy, and the extent to which a person bullies is a measure of their inadequacy. Bullies project their inadequacy on to others:

a) to avoid facing up to their inadequacy and doing something about it;
b) to avoid accepting responsibility for their behaviour and the effect it has on others, and,
c) to reduce their fear of being seen for what they are, namely a weak, inadequate and often incompetent individuals, and,
d) to divert attention away from their inadequacy - in an insecure or badly-managed workplace, this is how inadequate, incompetent and aggressive employees keep their jobs.

Sounds just like Chat Chan. Smack Talk to me.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Question isn't what is bullying, or whether there should be "bullying" on gen chat.

You may justify those who "trash talk" as being insecure people who feel "inadequate" but I will simply assume that you are in disapproval of it and would like to see it all gone.

As some have pointed out above, they enjoy reading the "bullying". Most agree that non game-related "personal" attacks should be cut out though; and it's something we see on Gen chat that has little to do with your "bullying" or Gen chat trash talk. It's unfortunate if you cannot make the distinction between the two.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread has already served my purpose. Y'all can continue discussing it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Bullying is persistent unwelcome behaviour

Even when asked to stop or take it to another chan., they do not.

Their constant childish behavior, cursing and STFU if you don’t like it has gone on long enough. UO needs to step in and enforce their own rules.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Their constant childish behavior, cursing and STFU if you don’t like it has gone on long enough. UO needs to step in and enforce their own rules.

Hmm, now that would be interesting.

Someone mentioned to me an idea that I thought was pretty good, actually. If players could add a checkmark to which chat channels they wanted to receive and broadcast on, PvPers could talk in their own channel without ever missing anything from the general channel.

I know it's not exactly what you mean, but it would at least separate PvPers from the general population. Short of UO enforcing its own rules (long overdue, I might add), this is one way for folks to get the best of both worlds.

In essence, this would be useful for any shard, and any kind of player. How many other channels on any shard get used? Who's really in the Buying/Selling channels?

If one could choose to be in certain channels, you could be in a RP channel with your like-minded friends, but not miss out on any particular sales being held on an Auction channel.

By the way, I know it's just arguing for the sake of argument, but I don't think anyone has actually really told the PvPers to stop. Perhaps because they know it's futile to ask them to do so, but still. Has anyone really tried, on a consistent basis?

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you all for keeping this civil.

SK Well done. *tips hat* Maybe next time, fuzzy handcuffs? *winks with a giggle*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have asked them to stop a number of times and get the standard STFU and told if I didn't like it to leave. This is in Gen Chat.

It would be great if as you suggested that there was a PvP Chat where they could talk and still hear other Chan. but then they wouldn't have the attention they they so crave and would come over to Gen Chat anyways.

M

MasterP

I have asked them to stop a number of times and get the standard STFU and told if I didn't like it to leave. This is in Gen Chat.

It would be great if as you suggested that there was a PvP Chat where they could talk and still hear other Chan. but then they wouldn't have the attention they they so crave and would come over to Gen Chat anyways.
Are you even a pvper? This thread is about trash talk, not trammies tired of seeing us talk.

M

MasterP

Hmm, now that would be interesting.

Someone mentioned to me an idea that I thought was pretty good, actually. If players could add a checkmark to which chat channels they wanted to receive and broadcast on, PvPers could talk in their own channel without ever missing anything from the general channel.

I know it's not exactly what you mean, but it would at least separate PvPers from the general population. Short of UO enforcing its own rules (long overdue, I might add), this is one way for folks to get the best of both worlds.

In essence, this would be useful for any shard, and any kind of player. How many other channels on any shard get used? Who's really in the Buying/Selling channels?

If one could choose to be in certain channels, you could be in a RP channel with your like-minded friends, but not miss out on any particular sales being held on an Auction channel.

By the way, I know it's just arguing for the sake of argument, but I don't think anyone has actually really told the PvPers to stop. Perhaps because they know it's futile to ask them to do so, but still. Has anyone really tried, on a consistent basis?
LOL Do pvpers really care what trammies think? I know 99.9% do not. I know if someone ask me to leave chat im just going to trash talk more, Its funny to watch someone get all mad over trash talk. If they allowed us to be in more then 1 channel then we would trash talk in everyone of them. Maybe the non pvp trammies should just shut up about something they can block via context filter or ignore option, and remember if it wasnt for us trash talking pvpers. This game would be nothing. I know there is a few pure trammies who have played as long as the game has been around also. However most vets are hard core pvpers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Are you even a pvper? This thread is about trash talk, not trammies tired of seeing us talk.
Think you need to read the OP. And if you wanted to think about it quoting someone and then calling them a trammie could be taken as a personal attack.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

LOL Do pvpers really care what trammies think? I know 99.9% do not. I know if someone ask me to leave chat im just going to trash talk more, Its funny to watch someone get all mad over trash talk. If they allowed us to be in more then 1 channel then we would trash talk in everyone of them. Maybe the non pvp trammies should just shut up about something they can block via context filter or ignore option, and remember if it wasnt for us trash talking pvpers. This game would be nothing. I know there is a few pure trammies who have played as long as the game has been around also. However most vets are hard core pvpers.
Sorry most of the true hardcore PvPers left a long time ago and there may be a few left that were hardcore PvPers but the majority of what you call PvPers today were nothing but PKs back then and are now just trash talking and doing their PvP in the Gen Chat.

True PvPers back in the day killed you and then got you rezed so they could teach you how to be a better PvPer so they could have a challenge. They didn't go around bragging about their deeds because everyone knew who the best were and were willing to train new PvPers to help them, not put them down like the PvPers today do. There is a difference between a true PvPer of old and a Smack Talking PKer.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You two can continue that over PMs.

Thread is basically done.

...or is it?

M

MasterP

You two can continue that over PMs.

Thread is basically done.

...or is it?
So can we talk to BJ's and SI and C and tell them all to come at least do the poll.....

Status
Not open for further replies.