• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP thread Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stumpy

After a Special request this exists hehe.

This is a temp PvP thread till we get the old stuff back.

Rules are exactly the same, Loosely moderated, but if you cross the line I shall do what is necessary.

Enjoy.

S

Sneaky

So who is playing in SL faction now? Good to see its active again!

*edit* and why can't I see my siggy?!?! :(

S

Sneaky

I have sent out some Guild War proposals to some very lucky guilds because I'm bored! GMs/Warlords check the 'awaiting action' area of your 'diplomacy' tab in your guild menu!

Accept at your peril :p

S

Sneaky

KOV, ToC, or whatever you guys like to be known as, why don't you guys make a Faction guild? I'm really surprised considering the new event changes that more people haven't joined up.

F

Fink

Have they confirmed how Factions will be a part of the event arc? I gather it's Shadow Lords vs the world or something, but so far the info's been "choose your alliance" or the like, very vague.

:confused:

S

Sneaky

Well, yes and no.

In order to promote accessibility and invigorate Factions, we’ve made several changes and fixed some bugs. Additionally, Factions will play an important role in the Warriors of Destiny plot arc.

* Faction size limit and load balancer removed: individual factions can grow to any size. Previously capped at 200.
* Multiple characters from the same account may join the same faction
* An account cannot have characters in different factions on the same shard
* Removed 30 day character age requirement
* “Young” players cannot join factions
* “Young” players will be removed from guilds that join factions
* One vote in faction elections per account
* Only one character per account may run in the elections
* Quit time reduced from 7 days to 3 days

http://update.uo.com/design_590.html
Thats about all the concrete info they have given to the public so far, more to be released with the next part of the event (publish 53)...

Trust me though, Factions will play a pivotal/vital/central part in the current/upcoming event.

From all reports (U.Hall etc) factions on other shards have flourished since the above info was posted.

E

Elwood

I've never done factions before, give me a short run down of how it works please mate

S

Sneaky

Yeh, read the play guide section on it, linked above.

Apart from that, the main things to remember is...

*Factions is basically capture the flag (sigil).

*8 towns can be captured (Brit, Trin, Glow, Mag, Skara, Minoc, Vesper, Yew).

*Need 80 stealing skill to steal sigils (doesn't need to be real skill, can use +stealing items).

*Control of a town gives the controlling faction special abilities for that town (faction guards, vendors, etc).

*In a faction you are freely attackable everywhere in Fel by opposing factions (enemy factioners will appear orange, unless they are a murderer).

*Points (and silver) are awarded for killing enemy faction players (see http://town.uo.com/factions/factions_19.html).

*Each faction has a friendly monster (which will not attack you), and 3 'enemy' monsters which can be farmed for silver (and will give you skill loss if you die to them). Monsters are Silver Serps (TB), Demons (SL), Ogre Lords (MX) and Wisps (CoM).

*Silver can be used to buy Warhorses (from horse breeder vendor, placed via finance minister of a controlled town) and create faction items (see play guide).

*Warhorses are comparable in strength with a Fire steed (w/o fire breath of course), can be rezed with a single bandage (0 vet skill) and are specially hued for each faction. Deep Purple (awesome band btw) for TB, Maroon (BOOO!! NSW!! NSW!!) for Minax, what can best be described as Sickly Green for SL, and Sky Blue for CoM. NOTE colours are for 2D client.

*True Brits pwns all other factions cos OPK is in it... :p

Yer, and factions is all about funnn! No fighting over PS or items, no GZ wars... none of that. Its PvP without the BS, and you don't even have to be a PvPer, just about every template in the game (including pure mules) can be highly effective in factions.

E

Elwood

Interesting... thanks for the info mate.
Oh, and some of us like maroon. QUEENSLANDER!!!

M

MysteryGal

Aww Stumpy your mean!...this isnt a pvp thread, this is a "lets all go play capture the towns" and talk footy thread....Not 1 mention of how pvp is going (or if its going) at all.

Hello Laundryboy....how are you and Hata?

S

Sneaky

Aww Stumpy your mean!...this isnt a pvp thread, this is a "lets all go play capture the towns"
lol Morri there we go again. You think that factions isnt PvP? Doesn't surprise me, like I said in the other thread you could only ever play a stealth tamer.

Oh and lets not forget, when there were no power scrolls up for grabs then Morri would be nowhere to be seen, well you could see her if you went to Luna working off counts on her blues (she played her red mage like 1 day a year tops).

Yeh, you were right though, I did have a stealth tamer also, but I didn't PvP exclusively on him like you did on Gaia. In fact I hardly ever played him (even you would probably admit that). So I can't claim to be some super stealth tamer PvPer like you Morri. You win that one.

and talk footy thread....Not 1 mention of how pvp is going (or if its going) at all.
Why don't you come back and see how PvP is going? Oh thats right I forgot, playing a mage in UO is to hard for you and EA nerfed your stealth tamer. Guess back to WoW it is then ey?

LaundryBoy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sneaky, you really are delusional.... and again floggin a dead horse....

There were around 4-5 Gaias in TC.. (even more i think).... so by seeing Gaia back then online, it could have been anyone.... pretty much all had the same gear and named the pets the same, just to **** you guys off....

Factions on Oceania cant be pvp when theres only 1 of you in it... so again morri is right when its 'capture the towns'..... how is it pvp when there's no one to pvp?

why do all opk lie about numbers? 'once a year to play a red?'.... it was everyday when i was playing.... yeah, blue to spawn with me in the day time, and then red at night.... or maybe u were just too scared to come out when we were on reds, and only saw her at luna on her blue? (hrm, i'm sounding a bit like opk now giving excuses).
sorry, i shouldnt even be calling you opk, you are an opk reject actually... opk were actually good pvpers...

so funny to see you talking big now since no one is left in the pvp scene... such a joke...

ps - i'm doing fine morri, still trying to persuade hata :p. he's stubborn/lazy as ever....

M

MysteryGal

The Gaias were made to annoy OPK/3T (you know...the guys the Rons pretended to love but really couldnt stand them, but put up with it cause OPK couldnt handle TC alone...actually that was the case with 90% of OPK) off...and they did a damn fine job at that...templates copied direct from 3T themselves....LOL

Come back to UO? why would I do that...to hunt all day for 1 fight...kill them easily and have them come back and be 3 times faster than b4, jumping off my screen, except for Pet...LOL, seems EA still hasnt done anything about the cheats in UO and untill they do, cant see pvp getting better...shame really.

The pvp in Wow might not be as good as UO was in its prime...but it can be found anywhere at any time, and for no reason except to fight...I like that.

So Sneaky...go steal your sig...capture your town and wait for someONE to steal it back...keep telling yourself your good, one day you might wake up...tho doubt it.

S

Sneaky

There were around 4-5 Gaias in TC.. (even more i think).... so by seeing Gaia back then online, it could have been anyone.... pretty much all had the same gear and named the pets the same, just to **** you guys off....
Yeh, well thats says more about TC as a whole doesn't it. Skill-less stealth tamers the lot of you.

Factions on Oceania cant be pvp when theres only 1 of you in it... so again morri is right when its 'capture the towns'..... how is it pvp when there's no one to pvp?
If you were playing the game, then you would know this is not the case.

why do all opk lie about numbers? 'once a year to play a red?'.... it was everyday when i was playing....
You have been smoking WAY to much of something...

yeah, blue to spawn with me in the day time
lol Morri ALWAYS spawned on her blue so she could protect everyone, she usually had her stealther tamer there as well on 2nd account.

and then red at night.... or maybe u were just too scared to come out when we were on reds
lol, what reds? Red Gaias maybe... lol

sorry, i shouldnt even be calling you opk, you are an opk reject actually... opk were actually good pvpers...
Mate anytime you want to leave your pixel crack game and come back I will whip you from Brit to Moonglow and back. Your right OPK were good PvPers, TC on the other hand never were.

Oh, and for the record, I am still OPK...

so funny to see you talking big now since no one is left in the pvp scene... such a joke...
Dunno where you have been for the last... 3 years odd.

Remind me again which Gaia you are and how long/when you played? lol

S

Sneaky

The Gaias were made to annoy OPK/3T (you know...the guys the Rons pretended to love but really couldnt stand them, but put up with it cause OPK couldnt handle TC alone...actually that was the case with 90% of OPK) off...and they did a damn fine job at that...templates copied direct from 3T themselves....LOL
Yeh, the same 3T who left TC in a more than memorable fashion lol. Remember that Morri? It all stemed from your excessive greed for PS. "Dont question TC leadership" i believe your words were... so pathetic, no wonder that didnt stay in TC.

If you remember (and I do), 3T allied with OPK at the same time as DKM, we had been fighting with them for a long time before we allied with OPK.

Oh and just for the record, the Rons are no longer playing either, for reasons similar to yours ('EA nerfed mages' aka they can't play them anymore). Oceania is a better place without them. Good PvPers, but thats all I can say for them.

Come back to UO? why would I do that...to hunt all day for 1 fight...kill them easily and have them come back and be 3 times faster than b4, jumping off my screen, except for Pet...LOL, seems EA still hasnt done anything about the cheats in UO and untill they do, cant see pvp getting better...shame really.
The only thing I disagree with here is you killing someone easily, the rest I agree with.

The pvp in Wow might not be as good as UO was in its prime...but it can be found anywhere at any time, and for no reason except to fight...I like that.
PvP in WoW is a joke. In fact WoW is just a joke full stop.

If you liked PvP for the sake of PvP then why did you always leave so quickly after the champ died... always. Your lying again Morri *shakes head*

So Sneaky...go steal your sig...capture your town and wait for someONE to steal it back...keep telling yourself your good, one day you might wake up...tho doubt it.
Whatever Morri, go back to WoW where you belong.

LaundryBoy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL @ u Sneaky...

u were always a nobody in pvp, and now no one is left, you start opening your big mouth... so funny....

anyway - have fun in your own little pvp world.

A

Azureal

Its like an episode of Neighbours, except poorly written with no real direction in the plot.

Fun to watch but ultimately a big fat waste of time.

And you folks wonder why more people dont PvP?

S

Sneaky

Its like an episode of Neighbours, except poorly written with no real direction in the plot.

Fun to watch but ultimately a big fat waste of time.
Well, I dunno that neighbours is fun to watch at all :p but your right, going on about what happened in the past is a waste of time.

Morri, if you ever decide to return to Britannia then we will continue this... debate then.

S

Sneaky

LOL @ u Sneaky...

u were always a nobody in pvp, and now no one is left, you start opening your big mouth... so funny....

anyway - have fun in your own little pvp world.
Like I said, remind us again who you are? Probably Arhanial, which is very funny if you are.

If you ever build up the fortitude to come back and want to test this theory of yours then you know where to find me.

E

Elwood

OMG you are a joke. You have whinged to no end about dismount tactics from ToC yet you have been continually using them lately even with mass numbers. Last night and tonight you outnumber everyone 3 to 1 yet you had two dismounters fighting the whole time. Sorry but you can never whinge about it again. Funny how every response I got was "toc have been doing it for ages" Oh, ok I thought you guys said that you were good enough not to need dismounters. Actually you said it many times on the old boards... seems that was all bull****.
gg though...

S

Sneaky

OMG you are a joke. You have whinged to no end about dismount tactics from ToC yet you have been continually using them lately even with mass numbers.
I think its called getting a taste of your own medicine.

Last night and tonight you outnumber everyone 3 to 1 yet you had two dismounters fighting the whole time.
We had around even numbers last night in despise, we had hardly any dismounters though you guys had a few, we still won though.

Yeh we had a few on tonight, its extremely rare though.

Sorry but you can never whinge about it again. Funny how every response I got was "toc have been doing it for ages" Oh, ok I thought you guys said that you were good enough not to need dismounters. Actually you said it many times on the old boards... seems that was all bull****.
gg though...
We don't need dismounters, we have proved that time and again, you know this too if your honest.

gtg your raiding despise as I type this apparently.... :p

S

Sneaky

lol you claim we outnumber you but look what just happened, took 4 of you to kill me and I red-lined 1 of you in the process.

then just now at BMG I killed you (jake) in about 10 secs flat, 1v1. then you come back and need 2 dismounter to kill me. you talk about us needing dismounters lol (which we dont).

S

Sneaky

all dismount business aside, pvp has been good over past few days good to see.

E

Elwood

lol you claim we outnumber you but look what just happened, took 4 of you to kill me and I red-lined 1 of you in the process.

then just now at BMG I killed you (jake) in about 10 secs flat, 1v1. then you come back and need 2 dismounter to kill me. you talk about us needing dismounters lol (which we dont).

Sneaky you turned up about an hour into the fighting don't forget. You had us outnumbered 3 to 1 and you had two dismounters (x sharders who are basically here to farm scrolls under the protection of a pvp guild - drac kicked them out of [1] ages ago and dervis kicked them out of toc a while back too). Now thats fine, as you say, a taste of our own medicine, sure. What I find funny is that in the same statement you have said that you have proved that you don't need them, well, sneaky, when your numbers came down a little and the dismounters logged off (oh, I forgot, add mistique to the mix too who came on later) thats when you started dying, go figure? (lol now I sound american...) You have added a lot of dregs to your guild in recent weeks, another thing toc were criticised for doing a while back, all i'm saying is that when the tide turns, as it always does, your guild doesn't have the right to whinge about pvp tactics anymore thats all.

Now as for killing me in 10 seconds, yes you did, caught me off guard and you timed your combos well. I was on my archer and being the calibre of mage you say you are, tbh you should kill him easily.
However, what about when I killed you north west of the moongate up near my house? Took me a bit longer than 10 seconds but I still got you 1v1. Oh, and while we are at it what about the couple of times I killed you on elwood as well. And the couple of times a few nights ago I killed you on jake when it was just you and me at bmg and we had a couple of duels? And one last one - what about the duel where I killed you at wrong mage v mage? Dervis witnessed that, and as you all know I'm a crap mage.
So I think that proves I can 1v1 too mate, but sitting here talking about who has the biggest d*** is besides the point (and completely futile).
We don't use vent (pisses me off to no end), we have a vent server but for some reason most won't use it. I don't call in dismounters to fight battles, if they show up they show up, guild chat is a pain in the arse. The reason I say this is because you implied that after you killed me I called in two dismounters to help kill you, not true.
I agree that it is good to see some action again even if the odds are against us at the moment.
Rant over.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all dismount business aside, pvp has been good over past few days good to see.
I agree sneaky, even though ive been lagging like im back on 28.8kbs it has been good.

F

Fred

It seems I agree with thou in these lands of goodness, thankthee friends

S

Sneaky

Sneaky you turned up about an hour into the fighting don't forget. You had us outnumbered 3 to 1 and you had two dismounters (x sharders who are basically here to farm scrolls under the protection of a pvp guild - drac kicked them out of [1] ages ago and dervis kicked them out of toc a while back too). Now thats fine, as you say, a taste of our own medicine, sure. What I find funny is that in the same statement you have said that you have proved that you don't need them, well, sneaky, when your numbers came down a little and the dismounters logged off (oh, I forgot, add mistique to the mix too who came on later) thats when you started dying, go figure?
After our dismounter logged off for a bit it was just me and Ice Queen at BMG vs about 4-6 of you. Yeh we died a few times, but we also killed a hell of a lot of you guys, without dimounters, outnumbered.

(lol now I sound american...) You have added a lot of dregs to your guild in recent weeks, another thing toc were criticised for doing a while back, all i'm saying is that when the tide turns, as it always does, your guild doesn't have the right to whinge about pvp tactics anymore thats all.
I will winge whenever I want :lick:

We don't usually use many dismounters, and those that do use dismounters are laggy most of the time.

Now as for killing me in 10 seconds, yes you did, caught me off guard and you timed your combos well. I was on my archer and being the calibre of mage you say you are, tbh you should kill him easily.
However, what about when I killed you north west of the moongate up near my house? Took me a bit longer than 10 seconds but I still got you 1v1. Oh, and while we are at it what about the couple of times I killed you on elwood as well. And the couple of times a few nights ago I killed you on jake when it was just you and me at bmg and we had a couple of duels? And one last one - what about the duel where I killed you at wrong mage v mage? Dervis witnessed that, and as you all know I'm a crap mage.
So I think that proves I can 1v1 too mate, but sitting here talking about who has the biggest d*** is besides the point (and completely futile).
The point I was making was not that I killed you 1v1 or anything like that (it was a nice clean kill tho u gotta admit :p). It was that we dont need dismounters to kill you (like you were saying we did).

I'm not doubting your 1v1 capacity either (your probably the best in your guild), just defending the allegations you have made against my guild that we need dismonters to kill people, which is just wrong and you know it and we proved it time and again yesterday.

We don't use vent (pisses me off to no end), we have a vent server but for some reason most won't use it.
KOV (ToC) have been like that for years, I remember they used to have a teamspeak server also, they used to use it a bit back when I hung round with them (talking 3 years back at least). Just not a talkative bunch?

I don't call in dismounters to fight battles, if they show up they show up, guild chat is a pain in the arse. The reason I say this is because you implied that after you killed me I called in two dismounters to help kill you, not true.
I agree that it is good to see some action again even if the odds are against us at the moment.
Rant over.
Well, you guys still have greater numbers (ToC, KOV and MDK combined) than us. I mean when you guys crashed that despise last night there was about 8 or so of you running round vs 3 of us, we decided that you guys had the spawn and didnt bother trying to kill it. From round 11pm onwards we were outnumbered. Dunno what happened before that, as you say I came late, was watching the Footy Show :p

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Are you guys that still PvP on Oceania doing factions?

Might have to log in tonight and donate some insurance.

Cheers
Shane

S

Semperfudge

LOL sneaky this is classic dude, i was laughing for ages when i saw this. I too used to play UO and havent looked at these forums for quite a while. Got a good laugh from this, i might pop in a bit more if this humour keeps up =)

E

Elwood

It doesn't matter how laggy a dismount archer is, if he puts one person on foot before he dies he has done his job right?

I never said you needed them to get kills mate. What I said was that i find it funny that you say you don't need them yet you use them and were using them when you clearly had the number advantange. Remember when 6 of you were sitting outside my house (including two dismounters) vs me and some random blue?

KOV (ToC) have been like that for years, I remember they used to have a teamspeak server also, they used to use it a bit back when I hung round with them (talking 3 years back at least). Just not a talkative bunch?
Not quite sure tbh, but it's frustrating.

Well, you guys still have greater numbers (ToC, KOV and MDK combined) than us. I mean when you guys crashed that despise last night there was about 8 or so of you running round vs 3 of us, we decided that you guys had the spawn and didnt bother trying to kill it. From round 11pm onwards we were outnumbered. Dunno what happened before that, as you say I came late, was watching the Footy Show :p
As far as I know there is no KOV anymore, well I haven't seen any at least and I hardly see MDK on anymore. They tend to do their own thing when they are on which is also a little frustrating. Regardless of who has more numbers on their books your guild/alliance are fielding more numbers each night and you have recruited many over the last few weeks (held, septimus, the american rejects, dain, venus to name a few) but thats the way it goes doesn't it? When we were fielding big numbers not so long ago pretty much all of your guild stop playing cos it wasn't fun constantly getting ganked all the time, taylor reminded me of this many times during his whinging sessions... Now it's our turn to be the minority and so it goes on...

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

You trying to entice me back Sneaky, leavin me two towns like that?

Cheers
Shane

N

nushpapa

lol i so should reaccitvate my account and see what i did keep haaha.. think i have one suit and if im lucky 200 mill sumwhere lol

no game out there matches this... well maybe age of conan but i refuse to buy a new computer till end of 2009 when new windows is out hehe...

but man if i play might kill my uni marks again haah -_-... maybe i'll reactivate during uni holidays see how i go first 2-3 weeks of uni... if i get addicted bye bye forever means i have no self control haha if i can handle it... mmm might be fun

N

nushpapa

DUN U ALL MISS ME.. GOD OF PVP AHRHAHAHAHHA ... ok sum1s gonna flame me :p

Just out of curiosity bcz i prolly lost 90% of my items (mage suit half of nushpapa's suit) think i only have mama's full suit left lol... is necro warrior chiver still a playable template.... suits like 40-45/30-40 hci dci, got about 8 mr 40 lmc all med and resists are about 70/105/65------>

so even if the template doesn't work sure i can make a new template bcz well the suit will suit any warrior but yeah hehe just the pain of thinking up of a new template... takes me like a month to calculate all the **** :'(

but on the upside i heard about doom changes so yeah even if i come back will be easier for me to make suits bcz well IF i have 200mill can buy like 50+ barbed kits and watever doomies i want :D

E

Elwood

Me and Clog just raided Rumpleforeskin (dain) and Al, Teya from OMG in despise. They kill Clog I kill Rumpleforeskin so while me and ctrl-alt-del are playing disarm wars they come back. Now they are 5 in total with TWO DISMOUNTERS. But yeah, you don't need dismounters to get your kills lol.....

S

Sneaky

Well, it is official (not that it hasn't been for a long time)...

ToC (aka KOV/MDK) really do need dismounters to kill someone.

8 (thats EIGHT) vs 1 ONE, I come down at start of level 2, run round being a good pain in the ass for the entire spawn, killed two ToC, then finally they are able to kill me, but of course its not until I get dismounted.

8 vs 1 and your NEED a dismounter to kill me... thats sad, really sad. Whats even worse is two of you died 8 vs 1, lol.

Ah well, its what I have come to expect.

S

Sneaky

Hehe, I found this funny hehe, it didn't take them long to get me as you can imagine once they all targeted meeeeeeeee.

Poor Stonway :/

He is now waiting for his spirit to recover, once it does them NPCs better watch out! :lol:

S

Sneaky

Just wondering, how many posts does it take to get a thread to get to page 2 in this new forum? This one is getting rather long... hehe

E

Ericge99

8-1 aye i know that senario well mate, opk, omg both had as many looking to take my stealther out, and yes you guys have, and also have not. Point is, it's seeing how far you can go before you get taken out, hehe, aye its all fun. To your credit, yes it was a very merry goose chase, lol. :popcorn:

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Hehe, I found this funny hehe, it didn't take them long to get me as you can imagine once they all targeted meeeeeeeee.

Poor Stonway :/

He is now waiting for his spirit to recover, once it does them NPCs better watch out! :lol:
Mate you made my day. I spent a while tranfering silver to Skara and placing those guards, purely because of the guards you stick in front of the entrance to Brit Castle was my motivation.

So seeing your corpse to those NPC's and the fact you will have needed to waste the time required to separate and kill them is pay back for all the ones you have left me to clean out :thumbup:

S

Sneaky

Mate you made my day. I spent a while tranfering silver to Skara and placing those guards, purely because of the guards you stick in front of the entrance to Brit Castle was my motivation.

So seeing your corpse to those NPC's and the fact you will have needed to waste the time required to separate and kill them is pay back for all the ones you have left me to clean out :thumbup:
What, you mean like this?

:lol:

E

Elwood

Well, it is official (not that it hasn't been for a long time)...

ToC (aka KOV/MDK) really do need dismounters to kill someone.

8 (thats EIGHT) vs 1 ONE, I come down at start of level 2, run round being a good pain in the ass for the entire spawn, killed two ToC, then finally they are able to kill me, but of course its not until I get dismounted.

8 vs 1 and your NEED a dismounter to kill me... thats sad, really sad. Whats even worse is two of you died 8 vs 1, lol.

Ah well, its what I have come to expect.
As you well know sneaky it's easy to skite around against numbers if your smart enough. Run and pot etc. What is the fastest way to kill a guy who is always running? Dismount gank or omen para gank, both frowned upon but effective in getting rid of that "pain in the ass" annoying you while spawning...
I've been involved in the same situation with omg, heavily outnumbered yet i can still run around and pick a couple of the weaker ones off (nothing to brag about) and the only way they can bring me down is by dismounting me. Oh well, what can you do? (rant here to relieve the frustration lol)
It's no secret that ToC has and continue to use dismounters but you guys use them just as much these days.
Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.