• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

power training begging

S

Stucky

YAY GM!!!!!! :shots:

To set a key in uoa go to the "key" tab. Scroll down to play macro 1 and press the fkey you'd like it to be.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm

did that, but it wont play the macro

Is there something (like a box)i need to check

Damn

For some reason, when i set up the key for that macro, it wont play the macro? Nothing happens

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn

For some reason, when i set up the key for that macro, it wont play the macro? Nothing happens
Most likely you have that key set to another macro either in UOA or UO then. I have had this happen before and the macro just won't work if it has been assigned twice. Scroll through UOA and UO and see if you can find that key assigned somewhere else. If not, I really don't know what else to suggest :(

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Hmmmm

did that, but it wont play the macro

Is there something (like a box)i need to check

in UOAssist the the mainoption "Keys".

there you choose your macro "Start macro X" and on the upper left side you set the key for this, in your case "F4".

Next to this are 2 options "Delete key" and a checkbox to send the key to UO, set a hook there, and after this, check inside the normal UO macros, if your F4 is already used, if it is used, delete the uo key, or choose another one.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
question for anyone
If im at 79 skill and no marco, can I get to 100 in time to for the webs? How many hours do you think it would take? thanks

L

Lord Drakelord

question for anyone
If im at 79 skill and no marco, can I get to 100 in time to for the webs? How many hours do you think it would take? thanks

No clue as to how many hours to GM as I walk away several times during my training to do other stuff, all I remember is the higher I got, the harder the gains, till finally at 99, all I could do is GGS that .1 a day, since working the skill to get any gains was killing my clicking fingers ;)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
95.1... Just shoot me now... I was up till 2:30am last night working it, bout 1:30 the night before and so on. I am clawing my way there slowly, ever so slowly...

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
96.0 WOOT. I will probably stay up another two hours working begging and I hope I can get another .1 or .2 in that time, but we shall see!

"Niagara Falls! Slowly I turned ... step by step ... inch by inch ..."

W

Warrior of Time

96.0 WOOT. I will probably stay up another two hours working begging and I hope I can get another .1 or .2 in that time, but we shall see!

"Niagara Falls! Slowly I turned ... step by step ... inch by inch ..."

At least your over 1/2 way there. The first 1/2 was from 0 to 95

Look at the bright side. You can still use the twitching dead finger for GGS since you only need to do it once every 24 hr.........

Last I heard Niagara Falls was back in the 50s.

N

NewThunder

This morning, I finally made it:

This is by far one of the worst grinds ever!

B

Beastmaster

Congrats! Welcome to the newest l33t club in UO (for a few weeks at least) LOL

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am about to give up hope if last night was any indication of what's to come... from 10pm to past 2am I got not even a .1 gain. I tried different towns, static npcs in luna, gaining other skills then going back to begging, killing myself and nothing worked... Sooooooo close, oh well I'll just keep plugging away and hope I break through this wall and that it is just a wall :(

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to cry.... 98.7 and it has been so slow until today. I got 1.5 gains, but I have been working it since about 9am solid... I sooo wanted to be GM for opening day, but I just couldn't make it. If I can keep up with these kinds of gains, I'll make it tomorrow:thumbup1: I'm not counting on it though with how it was before today...

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After days of crummy gains, I got 2.8!!! gains last night to end up GMing it at about 2:30am!!! I went out and celebrated by trick or treating for an hour and got one small net. WOOOOOT *does a happy dance*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! I hope to join the club soon enough. I have been working my beggar for about 6 months now, and have really slacked off in his training lately. But this event finally gave me the kick in the pants to finish. I really don't care much about the webs (I have no use for them in my deco style), I just want that title on my paperdoll.

X

Xel Naga

After days of crummy gains, I got 2.8!!! gains last night to end up GMing it at about 2:30am!!! I went out and celebrated by trick or treating for an hour and got one small net. WOOOOOT *does a happy dance*

Grats ! Welcome to the club on char #2 xD

X

Xel Naga

Congrats! I hope to join the club soon enough. I have been working my beggar for about 6 months now, and have really slacked off in his training lately. But this event finally gave me the kick in the pants to finish. I really don't care much about the webs (I have no use for them in my deco style), I just want that title on my paperdoll.
Aw, but it's still nice to have one web as a keepsake just as a remembrance of when you first hit GM ^__^ that is, if you do before the 17th.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw, but it's still nice to have one web as a keepsake just as a remembrance of when you first hit GM ^__^ that is, if you do before the 17th.
Even if I don't get to earn one myself, I'll buy one just to put it in the chest of Halloween/scary items that I say I'm going to decorate my house with every year, but never do.

A

a212silver

So how do you guys set up your macros in UO or UOA to do begging on single and multiple NPCs?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I GM'd tuesday night after work... or maybe it was monday. I don't remember now. Any rate, while I was training I set up a macro in UOA to beg 6 npc fighters I had grouped together on heart island. It would beg the first one, pause for 11 seconds, then beg the next one, pause 11 seconds, and repeat this pattern until all 6 had been begged. After the macro quit I would hit the button again and re-start the process. Worked well for training. For regular play, I just have an internal UO macro set up to use the begging skill whenever I hit the F3 key.

E

Eden13

I GM'd tuesday night after work... or maybe it was monday. I don't remember now. Any rate, while I was training I set up a macro in UOA to beg 6 npc fighters I had grouped together on heart island. It would beg the first one, pause for 11 seconds, then beg the next one, pause 11 seconds, and repeat this pattern until all 6 had been begged. After the macro quit I would hit the button again and re-start the process. Worked well for training. For regular play, I just have an internal UO macro set up to use the begging skill whenever I hit the F3 key.
My beggar is now at 67.7, and I plan to work her to GM by October, without driving myself crazy or making my fingers bleed. I have not been using UOAssist for begging until now, but decided that I will need to when the gains get unbearably slow.

I have a question; I have read that there is a 10 second delay in begging, whether successful or failed. So why do these posts refer to inserting an 11 second pause after each beg? Does that extra second make a difference?

Thanks!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I've always used 11 seconds since the days of dial-up when I had to account for possible lag. Now that I'm on cable I hardly ever have lag, but just keep my macros set for 11 seconds out of habit.

E

Eden13

Thanks for the reply. I have worked the Begging to 84.5, and bought a bunch of SOTs. I feel like a traitor posting that I plan to use them, but the gains are so slow, even with UO Assist. I am running my macro in Minoc at the Inn, where there are always adequate NPCs, but sometimes they move out of range. I will post again when I GM this skill. Thanks!

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured i'd toss my two cents in here ...

made a beggar like three + years ago ... finally decided this weekend it was time to work him past 58 ....

took a multi hour trip around heartwood, collecting water pitchers ... then went to luna as suggested into the mage shop ...

spent all day yesterday pretty much there, and have been hangin out while at work there today (slow day at work needless to say)

up to 83.0 now! woohoo!

not looking forward to when it gets boring! /sarcasm

;-)

**edit:
on the plus side, i've made about 40k so far ;-)

L

Lord Drakelord

I figured i'd toss my two cents in here ...

made a beggar like three + years ago ... finally decided this weekend it was time to work him past 58 ....

took a multi hour trip around heartwood, collecting water pitchers ... then went to luna as suggested into the mage shop ...

spent all day yesterday pretty much there, and have been hangin out while at work there today (slow day at work needless to say)

up to 83.0 now! woohoo!

not looking forward to when it gets boring! /sarcasm

;-)

**edit:
on the plus side, i've made about 40k so far ;-)
well keep at it. you will be glad the day you GM it.

E

Eden13

Thanks for the reply. I have worked the Begging to 84.5, and bought a bunch of SOTs. I feel like a traitor posting that I plan to use them, but the gains are so slow, even with UO Assist. I am running my macro in Minoc at the Inn, where there are always adequate NPCs, but sometimes they move out of range. I will post again when I GM this skill. Thanks!
As promised, I am posting my followup. I worked my skill naturally to 94.0. Since August I had only gained 9.5 points. I was fed up with logging in, begging for over an hour with no gains, and logging out. I finally used SOTs to GM the skill. And since I had collected Begging SOTs since February, and had 17.9 saved, by only using 6.0 of them, I can sell the rest now. If anyone needs Begging SOTs on Pac, please send a PM.

Note: Effective 10/24/2009 all Begging SOTs have been sold.

L

Lord Drakelord

As promised, I am posting my followup. I worked my skill naturally to 94.0. Since August I had only gained 9.5 points. I was fed up with logging in, begging for over an hour with no gains, and logging out. I finally used SOTs to GM the skill. And since I had collected Begging SOTs since February, and had 17.9 saved, by only using 6.0 of them, I can sell the rest now. If anyone needs Begging SOTs on Pac, please send a PM.
congrats! Even if you did use a SoT, you got there.