• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

power training begging

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have made a few beggers over the last 2 years.
i think i have it down to a scince now.

from scratch i can GM it in about 5 days.

and make a tidy little bit of pocket clink to boot.

G

Pre- or post-antimacro code/follower limits/etc?

Care to share your methods?

G

<blockquote><hr>

from scratch i can GM it in about 5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, please share your method. I have tried everything I can think of, and at 93+ begging, am lucky to get .1 gain every 3 to 5 hours.

G

I've GM'd already but I'm curious as to how to make a "tidy little bit of pocket clink" from the Begging skill..

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about gaining fast. But since begging cost nothing to use. It's always a profit.

G

Same guy posting he knows some secret way to GM resist on spell casting pets in like 40 minutes. Seems he's attention starved.....

Rey~

G

PURE profit, baby!

Unless the OP's using some nefarious skill delay exploit it's a pretty slow way of making money, comparatively speaking. Even without the delay it'd be dead slow.. unless you diligently kept your karma up.. and usually if you can manage that, you've alternative means of income.

Hmm... oh, ick, now I'm doing the math in my head..

G

Any idea of how many actual hours that takes? And how many hours you'd do in a session before going numb in the cerebellum?

S

Salty Pete

Any idea of how many actual hours that takes? And how many hours you'd do in a session before going numb in the cerebellum?
My guess is that to do it in 5 days you'd have to macro 24x7. It took me three years doing it attended as I used the skill.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Salty,

I tried Voodoo's method over the long weekend here, got from 61.8 to 86.4 in four three-hour sessions.

After that, it has turned into a grind again, taken another three hours to get to 87.4.

Don't fully understand that :(

S

Salty Pete

Salty,

I tried Voodoo's method over the long weekend here, got from 61.8 to 86.4 in four three-hour sessions.

After that, it has turned into a grind again, taken another three hours to get to 87.4.

Don't fully understand that :(
Like I said... it took me years to GM begging. If you power game it (24x7 macro) you might do it in a week.

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm at 96.8 right now and just getting GGS on it. I hit elf city and run thru every NPC there twice before hitting the Mage tower on Moonglow [Sonoma]. I do this just about every day, except those days when I am called away from my beggar.

S

Salty Pete

I'm at 96.8 right now and just getting GGS on it. I hit elf city and run thru every NPC there twice before hitting the Mage tower on Moonglow [Sonoma]. I do this just about every day, except those days when I am called away from my beggar.
Yeah I only got GGS gains on Salty after they changed skill in AoS. GGS made it so much easier.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way, just going to see what I can get in daily 2-3 hour sessions.

Anyone else got any experience of a wall around 86?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there. Yes Spa I hit a wall on my beggar around the upper 80's. I got my beggar GM'd in about a year. Off and On training mostly in Heartwood. I had about 6 Scrolls of alacrity from that event, so I used them for my GGS's after 95 (hey they were free and .3 or.4 is better than .1) after using those I just did my GGS's as normal til GM. I probably could have done it a lot sooner, but as most of you know it can get boring and very very time consuming.

I am curious SPA about you findings, Maybe I'll get brave and make another on another shard too lol

Ori

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll let you know how the gains progress. I'll stick with the Paladins method unless I decide it is giving no more than GGS.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My begging is only up to 80 now and I've been working on it slowly for almost 2 years! Looking forward to Halloween this year!!! last year my begging was around 60 but i still did pretty well getting the special treats.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not had enough time to play recently; I had an hour's session gaining 0.3 to 87.7, then tonight I've got a couple of hours in and gained 0.9 to 88.6 so far. We'll see how much further I get in the evening.

B

Beastmaster

Made it to 98.7 last night. Hope to finish it up this week doing a few hours each night while waiting for plants to grow.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awesome you guys, you're all so close to 100! I am going to beef up my training in the next couple of weeks because I want to be into at least the 90's by the time they release the Halloween treats this year (at least I'm hoping they do! I loved last year's treats - murky milk is just awesome (imo))

B

Beastmaster

GM'ed a few hours ago. Made a couple of speech macros afterwards and stripped down to my begging clothes. Went to Luna and begged from the banksitters. Got a few hundred from several and 10k from one person. Got a few duds and some food too.

edit: Forgot to mention I was sporting my new GM tag and my lantern.

L

Lord Drakelord

GM'ed a few hours ago. Made a couple of speech macros afterwards and stripped down to my begging clothes. Went to Luna and begged from the banksitters. Got a few hundred from several and 10k from one person. Got a few duds and some food too.

congrats!

I

Infiniti

Congrats!! OH! I'm so jealous, LOL. My beggar is only at 81.9. :D

B

Beastmaster

Thanks. It wasn't as bad as the posts here led me to believe. The worst part wasn't accidently tossing out my first sake and thinking I'd never get another one, but I did. 0-GM in under 3 weeks. I can't imagine doing taming or disco that fast.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I generally spend about an hour per night on my begger. Gain's are failry steady. I aim for a total of .5 per session. Sometimes that takes me a full hour's training, or sometimes I get lucky and get that in the first 15 minutes.

W

Warrior of Time

If you get a gain keep that npc in mind because comeing back you may get another. I know It worked for me. Just do 2 or 3 others and come back. If that one no longer gives a gain after 4 trys forget it. When in the upper 90s getting a couple real fast gains helps make you fell GM is not an impossable dream.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you had to do 6 other NPC's before you can repeat the same one?

W

Warrior of Time

The timer for the NPC determins how many. I think that 6 is the most you can hit when close together. Like in a small house. The one you beg from must time out before going back. If you wait long enough you can beg just from the one. I think most want to move on till the NPC times out.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually make about 3 or 4 laps around Heartwood, hitting just about every NPC I come across. This usually gives me a total of .5 per session. I just hit 82 last night.

W

Warrior of Time

I did the same too. I would just make it a point to remember the ones that give me a gain and hit them more often. I think at 82 gains should be faster too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I have been working on GMing Begging for closing in on 3 years now.... once a week or two I get out my beggar head to Luna make a pass around all the NPC's there two or three times.... then I of course ply my trade on the PC's.... get me a check or two for whatever..... pick up any junk I find lying about ....... Banter for awhile with folk who INSIST I get a job and turn an honest coin whatever that may be..... then return home to the Beggars wood.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I have been working on GMing Begging for closing in on 3 years now.... once a week or two I get out my beggar head to Luna make a pass around all the NPC's there two or three times.... then I of course ply my trade on the PC's.... get me a check or two for whatever..... pick up any junk I find lying about ....... Banter for awhile with folk who INSIST I get a job and turn an honest coin whatever that may be..... then return home to the Beggars wood.
Once a week or two? No wonder it takes so long. I try to run mine daily, at least for 30 minutes, if not more. I find it somewhat therapeutic to train. Gives me time to decompress from the day and clear my head.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had an extra turnip and an extra empty wine bottle on my luna vendor for awhile now. I havent logged into UO since Sunday afternoon (power outage at home, just got fixed last night), but last I checked they were still there.

SOMEONE PLEASE BUY A POOR BEGGAR'S TURNIP!!

C

Capricious

I'm currently as of right now at 73.1 and climbing. I'll post an update in a couple days.