• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

power training begging

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got some time for a long training run, got from 93.5 to 94.4 yesterday afternoon and evening.

A long-time UO friend said to me yesterday, "haven't you finished it yet?" - fabulous to find a skill that takes a decent time and effort to GM!

M

Muu Bin

Congrats!!!

Been following this thread for a while and wanted to pre-emptively congratulate you! Woohoooo. Now get out there with your begging gear and hit up the player crowd...

L

Lord Drakelord

Congrats!!!

Been following this thread for a while and wanted to pre-emptively congratulate you! Woohoooo. Now get out there with your begging gear and hit up the player crowd...
well he does have a decent begging suit, mostly hand me downs from other charactors I had/have, however the only problem he have is the staff of the magi my tamer got him from doom, its sort of his trade mark as it is now marked with 'Handy Man can!' and would hate to leave it home to beg off the streets of Luna. So most folks are going to see that and go, ya, sell your staff ;) before they give him any money. But thanks for the congrats, I will be hitting the streets all over today trying to force that last .1 but I willing to bet it will be tomorrow before I see it.

S

Salty Pete

well he does have a decent begging suit, mostly hand me downs from other charactors I had/have, however the only problem he have is the staff of the magi my tamer got him from doom, its sort of his trade mark as it is now marked with 'Handy Man can!' and would hate to leave it home to beg off the streets of Luna. So most folks are going to see that and go, ya, sell your staff ;) before they give him any money. But thanks for the congrats, I will be hitting the streets all over today trying to force that last .1 but I willing to bet it will be tomorrow before I see it.
Believe it or not I get better handouts when I am decked out with my normal playing gear than when I dress down. Begging from players is all in presentation and likability rather than looks or title.

You do need to get your fame up though so you can proudly display that title.

L

Lord Drakelord

Believe it or not I get better handouts when I am decked out with my normal playing gear than when I dress down. Begging from players is all in presentation and likability rather than looks or title.

You do need to get your fame up though so you can proudly display that title.
ya I will try to work on that.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hard weekend's slogging and I am at 98.1. And been overtaken *chuckles*

'grats to those who GM'd it in the last few days. Catch you up next weekend if I am lucky.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to get off my lazy butt and put in some time in heartwood. I'm still only about 86 or 87. I somehow got myself wrapped up in my mage and burned the last 3 days grinding him non-stop. Now that he's pretty much done I can get back to my beggar.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a good place to train begging without having to round up NPCs. The Blue Boar Tavern in Britain has a cluster of at least 5-6 NPCs in the area with the oven. Set up your UOA macros and beg away. This morning is really busy there as you can see in the screen shot lol Anyway, I did decide to be crazy enough to GM begging again, for my husband this time. I'm 78.1. I alternate back and forth between the tavern and heartwood, depending on how bored I get just pushing the macro button, but most of my gains have been at the tavern. I started approx 3 weeks ago. Haven't had time the last week and only spending about and hour maybe 2 at a time.

Oriana

Attachments

S

Stucky

I started my first beggar yesterday.. Boy is this hard! I had no idea! I'm at 40. The thread will continue hehehe.

Congrats everyone else!

S

Stucky

I made today a beg-athon. I got my new laptop yesterday, took it to work to show it off and begged away. I'm at 79.3 and finally have enough skill to display my begger tag. Man is this slow but I got a good chunk done today, 8 hours yikes!

S

Stucky

Begged for 5 more hours and went up 5.0 points.

*5 more after that and I'm 85.0

B

Beastmaster

You still have at least a week Oriana. Plug away, you can get there.

V

Vertigo

In anticipation of Halloween, I decided to make a beggar. I'm finally done woot!!

F

Fink

Wow, our ranks are really beginning to swell..

Congrats to our newest gm's, and good luck to those still striving. Hang in there! :cheerleader:

N

NewThunder

I started a begger 6 days ago, been working about 3 hours total a day; currently at 84.8, it really slowed when I hit 80. I don't think i will hit GM for this halloween

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took my husbands years old beggar off the shelf, dusted her off this morning, and stated working her. She was at 61 when I started about 11 or 12 this afternoon and as of 7:24pm has hit 75.7. This skill is not fun to work, but at least the gains are there. She was gaining well until about 72 and now the gains are soooooo slow. I am worried how they will be as she gets higher up. I am contemplating adding begging to my thief as well, but I don't know if I want to sign up for that much torture at one time ;)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
87.9 and struggling. I think this is where I took a few months off from begging last time lol. Darn ol wall. But I must persevere!!! I wants more Spider WEBS!!!

S

Stucky

I gained 1.2 in some 9 hours tonight to get to 96.0. Holy hell this is tough. I've even taken to doing this at work. I was running late and didn't get to pack up my personal laptop to run next to my work one.. My boss lady asked where my laptop was since I'd been bringing it so often lately. I'm doing the 6 paladins in a small space uoa macro. My f4 key might be wearing off my week old laptop. :spider: - yay spider! beg-oween here i come.

N

NewThunder

Between 5 hours last night and an hour this morning before work went from 84.8 to 87.8. Hope to hit the 90s this evening, perhaps there is a slight chance to GM before the Holloween stuff. I have two alacrity scrolls for begging, but i don't think they would be of much use given the stupid timer.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I got to 80.5 last night before I finally gave up and hit the hay. I stayed up till about 1:30am working it. I don't know if I have a hope in H E double hockey sticks of getting it before Halloween, but I will keep plugging away all day until then... The gains seem to get more and more painful as she gets higher in skill :(

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've managed to get to 89.8. But Rumor is you can get the webs at 80, but I'm not taking chances!! I have a GM beggar this one is for my husband and the kids to play on. Maybe try to get one more to 80 after I finish training this one and finish training my chicken.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested it out on TC because I wanted to see for myself, but you can indeed get the webs at 80 skill. But the only place I was able to get any of the special items was heartwood. I guess that's intended?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i begged now for 4 hours and raised from bougth up NPC skill around 30% up to 60%.

N

NewThunder

yesterday worked begging for 7+ hours went from 87.8 to 89.7 gain of 1.9; this morning worked it an hour + before work and gained .3 to hit 90 ( was 10 minutes late waiting for that last gain .1 to hit 90), The gains are soo slow on this skill because of the stupid timer. I give myself a 50/50 chance to GM before halloween.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch I finally hit 90 on my husbands beggar after working it for three days from when I get up to when I go to sleep. Of course I take the odd break (went and early voted today!), but that is still a lot of time sitting staring at a screen pushing a button... I dread how it will be from 90 to GM... It was pretty fast till I hit 72 :eek:

S

Stucky

:yell: 9 hours .5 in gains... none of which have been in the past 5 hours. I even got 6 new paladins 2 hours ago. gggggrrrrrrrr

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UGGGGHHH... I started about 11am and It is now 1am and for all that time (I did stop to eat two times and went to the library for about a half an hour to get a new book) I got 2.2 gains. Least it is moving though. I don't think I will ever work a beggar again LOL It really isn't anything compared to when I 120ed Taming (six years of work there), but I think the groaning helps alleviate the tedium. Misery does love company ;)

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

hmm.. i read here about paladins and such, my method is much easier, and you dont have to do any "setup" to start training.

Luna bank, south corner the mageshop.

there are always 6+ "static" NPC which you can grovel.

start a new macro-record with UOAssist

the only thing you have to do is drag their statusbars to a circle

start begging, every NPC one.

end macro recording and set 11000 pause between each beg, then hit run macro.

every time you log on to start your begging-training just go t the shop and beg.

my beggar stand infront of the table where the scale is, there you can reach any NPC.

S

Stucky

Ok, after last nights setback I went to a friends house and brought my laptop along. I got gains really quickly and told her I was moving in untill further notice.(I eventually went home) :p I got .5 gains really quickly this morning in the past hour and am at 99.1. I can almost taste victory!

Theify - Wish I'd thought of that 2 weeks ago! hheh

N

NewThunder

Well I just hit 93.1 gained 1.1 in about 12 hours yesterday. I have decided that after I hit 95 I will use my AOS bunus 5 skill points to finnish.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm.. i read here about paladins and such, my method is much easier, and you dont have to do any "setup" to start training.

Luna bank, south corner the mageshop.

there are always 6+ "static" NPC which you can grovel.

start a new macro-record with UOAssist

the only thing you have to do is drag their statusbars to a circle

start begging, every NPC one.

end macro recording and set 11000 pause between each beg, then hit run macro.

every time you log on to start your begging-training just go t the shop and beg.

my beggar stand infront of the table where the scale is, there you can reach any NPC.

Ok, got the macro to work

How do you set it up on an F key (F4 for example?)