• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your Archer template.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm toying with reworking my template to more closely match the ABC Archer template Connor recommends above. I'm building my archer for Doom. Here's my current ABC Archer Template (actual skill in parenthesis).

120 Archery (91.1)
120 Bushido (105.1)
120 Tactics (104.3)
120 Resisting Spells (115.0)
100 Necromancy (100.0)
80 Chivalry (80.0)
60 Anatomy (75.0)

As you can see its a cross between a Sampire and a traditional ABC Archer with tweaks. The problem is I'm not leeching enough mana with a mana-leech bow to keep me going, probably because my damage output is too low. My character is a human. So I'm thinking of doing the following:

- Switch to Elf for extra 20 mana
- Lower Resisting Spells to 90
- Put extra 30 points into Anatomy
- Get a real bow with high mana leech and fit 100% DI into the weapon/suit

Then the only significant difference then between this template and Connor's is healing vs necro. My play-style is fairly conservative and damage adverse. Provided I can boost my damage output, I think I'll be ok. Why is healing preferred over Vamp Embrace for an ABC Archer? I'm sure I'll find better results as my archery improves, but I'd definitely take any recommendations for the experts in this forum.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm toying with reworking my template to more closely match the ABC Archer template Connor recommends above. I'm building my archer for Doom. Here's my current ABC Archer Template (actual skill in parenthesis).

120 Archery (91.1)
120 Bushido (105.1)
120 Tactics (104.3)
120 Resisting Spells (115.0)
100 Necromancy (100.0)
80 Chivalry (80.0)
60 Anatomy (75.0)

As you can see its a cross between a Sampire and a traditional ABC Archer with tweaks. The problem is I'm not leeching enough mana with a mana-leech bow to keep me going, probably because my damage output is too low. My character is a human. So I'm thinking of doing the following:

- Switch to Elf for extra 20 mana
- Lower Resisting Spells to 90
- Put extra 30 points into Anatomy
- Get a real bow with high mana leech and fit 100% DI into the weapon/suit

Then the only significant difference then between this template and Connor's is healing vs necro. My play-style is fairly conservative and damage adverse. Provided I can boost my damage output, I think I'll be ok. Why is healing preferred over Vamp Embrace for an ABC Archer? I'm sure I'll find better results as my archery improves, but I'd definitely take any recommendations for the experts in this forum.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-
I'm not sure why I see the need for 75 anatomy? Even for 105 for that matter. At 120 anatomy you receive a 65% damage increase. For GM anatomy from what I recall, it is 10% lower than that. Since you have 120 tactics in the waiting and you aren't using healing...doesn't make much sense to have anatomy. More bang for the buck with using spirit speak. At least that way you work in conjunction with your necro spells that you would be using.

Additionally a main problem that you kind of touched on is the mana leech on a bow. It's not as effective as it used to be. But given the choice and ability to obtain one with 40% or better mana can leave you in pretty good shape...depending on how much mana you end up with on your template.

I myself have long run with 100 or right around 100 mana. I truly never run out...not using meditation either.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot to ask but is this for a PvM or PvP type of template? PvP I would actually recommend resist contrary to what some people might say. i.e. You could still fit in the skills you would need for such a template. PvM depending how you do it and how you like your setup...you can almost go without resist. I myself have my own playstyle, but...some people like to roll with that.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guy is pretty basic.

Swords 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 100/115 with bracelet
Chivalry 80

Str 110
Dex 120
Int 25/54 with suit

Chiv is actually new to me. This warrior has been around since early 98 and Only just a couple months ago did I finally break down and add chiv to his list of abilities.
Before that it was focus and before that, back when skills couldn't go higher than 100, he had GM archery to compliment his sword & parry.

Edit: Is there a way to delete posts? I just realized this is the archer template thread. I thought I was in the other template thread and i wish to delete this post because it doesn't really belong here considering that I no longer have archery on this char. (Doh!)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guy is pretty basic.

Swords 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 100/115 with bracelet
Chivalry 80

Str 110
Dex 120
Int 25/54 with suit

Chiv is actually new to me. This warrior has been around since early 98 and Only just a couple months ago did I finally break down and add chiv to his list of abilities.
Before that it was focus and before that, back when skills couldn't go higher than 100, he had GM archery to compliment his sword & parry.
So a dexxer template under the archery thread? Or an example of an archery template that became a dexxer one?

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooops! I wish I could delete that post.
I had this thread and the other template thread open at the same time and I mistook this one for the other when I posted.

Silly mistake on my part and yes,I do feel like a doofus :)