• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your Archer template.

S

Sabbath

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
120 Magery
120 Resist
120 Med

I have the Protection spell 'on' and use a suit/jewelry combo that gives all 70's/75 Energy plus negates the -35 hit to Resist Spells (from the Protection spell). It is a great relief to never fail a cast and to resist lots of poison attacks.

Pure solo PVM fun!

R

Rob Roy

My template for comparison:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

I like this spec and is VERY close to what I am using. My question is why 120 Bushido, I am just picking up UO after a few (7) years away. Does more Bushido = more damage?

C

Connor_Graham

My template for comparison:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

I like this spec and is VERY close to what I am using. My question is why 120 Bushido, I am just picking up UO after a few (7) years away. Does more Bushido = more damage?
Yes, the higher your Bushido, the better the % chance of hitting a Critical Strike is. At 120 Bushido you have a 20% chance, whereas at GM, you only have 13%. It does make quite a bit of difference.

I would suggest a slight change to the template you quoted. I would take 5 points from Chivalry and put them into Tactics for the additional damage increase you get from having it at 120. Otherwise the above template is exactly what I'm running right now. If you have 720 skill points instead of the 715 total of the above template, I'd put the remaining 5 points into Anatomy for GM level, which gives another slight increase in damage.

A

a480silver

Ninja/Archer

Archery 100
Tactics 100
Chivalry 80
Ninjitsu 75
Healing 100
hiding 100
stealth 80
Anatomy 75

B

Balian of Asgard

The dreaded archer tamer temlplate,

Anyone have a temp u can post?

120 arch
100 resist
90 tac
90 anat
90heal
how much taming
how much lore
vet?

S

Seismic

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry
100 Resisting Spells

Right now my skills are:

101 Archery (scrolled to 115, can't afford 120)
115 Bushido (scrolled to 115, can't afford 120)
100 Tactics (not worth raising unless I can afford a 120, from what I've read!)
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry
100 Resisting Spells

I just downed a +20 stat scroll (I can afford it! Holy cow!) and will now raise my archery to 115 to get the +20 dex raised too. I'm gonna do that before heading to Doom now, so my Doom travels are delayed yet again :(.

I see lots of you running with 90 resist - do I need 100 resist? If not, I'd like to up healing and/or Chiv..

C

Connor_Graham

I see lots of you running with 90 resist - do I need 100 resist? If not, I'd like to up healing and/or Chiv..
For an Archer 90 Resist is enough for PvM. You're much better off putting the points into Healing for 100% cure on lethal poison.

B

Bloodeye

Imho
you dont need Resist what so ever in PVM. My Sammy iis doing great vs everything. Sometimes the paraylze is annoying, but nothing more than annoying.
If you have a 70 resist suit or close to it, just drop resist and get something usefull, if you just do pvm!

EDIT:
And after all youre an archer. If you go to doom or something like that, the pets will tank, you wont be targeted much.

S

Sabbath

Imho
you dont need Resist what so ever in PVM. My Sammy iis doing great vs everything. Sometimes the paraylze is annoying, but nothing more than annoying.
If you have a 70 resist suit or close to it, just drop resist and get something usefull, if you just do pvm!

EDIT:
And after all youre an archer. If you go to doom or something like that, the pets will tank, you wont be targeted much.
I am a pure solo PVM archer and feel very strongly about Resist. I have 120 Resist and it keeps me mobile against Demons, Liches, Ancient & Shadow Wyrms, Balrons and many other heavy magic users. I've played without Resist before and having it has absolutely improved my gaming experience.
Sure you can play without it successfully and your tactics may differ from mine but I love the freedom it gives me to really get up close and mix it up without fear of "paralyze, e-bolt, e-bolt, flamestrike, oOoooOOO"

C

Connor_Graham

Imho

EDIT:
I disagree completely. For an Archer, Resist is a must have skill. Being cursed, especially against something like an Abyssmal Horror, kills an Archer's swing speed.

L

Lord Urza

120 archery
115 tacts
110 anatomy
100 Bushido
100 healing
100 spell resist
70 chiv

105 str
125 dex
70 int

C

Connor_Graham

Remove Curse + Divine Fury immedeatly.
That'll use up your mana very quickly. Especially considering they'll just curse you again almost immediately. It's better to have the resist and not have to waste mana on something you can easily avoid.

S

Sir Kenga

That'll use up your mana very quickly. Especially considering they'll just curse you again almost immediately. It's better to have the resist and not have to waste mana on something you can easily avoid.
Even when i solo them, i still do fine and kill Horror in 1-2 minutes with hit and run tactic. They are weak to physical damage, so no need to CW. I hit them for 140-150 dmg each hit with my demon slayer xD.
But most part someone is tanking horrors be it dexxer or dragon and it only occasionly cast curses on me, which i successfully remove.

C

Connor_Graham

You're also forgetting about Blood Oath. Without resist it lasts, what, 2 minutes or longer? There's just too many situations when you're around creatures that not only cast mage spells but Necro ones too. In those cases it's much better in the long run to have Resist than not.

S

Sir Kenga

BO without resist last 30-40 seconds. That's a lot for sure, but:
Chivalry: Remove Curse
If dangerous situation, use Primer of Arms abylity on run.
Eat apples, though few take apples on hunt.

But for lazy person resist is surely a very good option.

C

Connor_Graham

It has nothing to do with laziness and everything to do with reserving mana for damage output and not damage control. The more mana you're wasting on removing things from your character is that much less mana you have to increase the damage you're doing to the creature you're fighting.

S

Sir Killalot

I see a lot of people having spent 100 points in healing as well as chivalry, isn't that unneccecary? Chiv can heal yourself as well as others, and even mass resurrect. I am going with 100 archery, 100 tactics, 100 focus, 100 chivalry, 100bowcraft/fletching, 100 lumberjack and 100 anatomy.

independent from everyone, I can make bow and arrow as I please.

What do you guys think?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason that healing is better than chivalry for healing is that it takes no mana and does not get interrupted. Since an archer typically has very high strength and dex, any mana savings at all is an improvement.

The other benifit of healing is to use it with another healing skill (bushido/chivalry) to go from almost no hit points to max hit points in 4 seconds.

Redundancy in healing skills is not wasted.

V

Voodoo990

It has nothing to do with laziness and everything to do with reserving mana for damage output and not damage control. The more mana you're wasting on removing things from your character is that much less mana you have to increase the damage you're doing to the creature you're fighting.
trap box for para and apples for anything else, MR for PvM is a waste of skill points IMHO

C

Connor_Graham

trap box for para and apples for anything else, MR for PvM is a waste of skill points IMHO
Where can you buy apples in Doom?

What do you do when you eat an apple then get cursed immediately afterward while the timer is in effect?

An archer WITH Resist will outdamage and outperform an archer without every single time.

C

Connor_Graham

The reason that healing is better than chivalry for healing is that it takes no mana and does not get interrupted. Since an archer typically has very high strength and dex, any mana savings at all is an improvement.

The other benifit of healing is to use it with another healing skill (bushido/chivalry) to go from almost no hit points to max hit points in 4 seconds.

I agree completely with this statement. Mana is hard enough to come by since they nerfed ML on bows and MR on armor. Anywhere mana can be conserved should be taken advantage of. The archer that knows how to spend his/her mana wisely will do better than one that wastes it needlessly.

S

Sir Killalot

I see, quite logical actually, but personally I am not willing to trade off any of my skills for extra healing, even though I see the upside of having it in battle. Thanks for the info, mystery solved:)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, I created my doom archer template and he totally owns! I've taken him to travesty, invasions, doom, etc. Altogether, he kicks serious butt. Here's the template I went with:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

I visited Doom for my first time on Sunday. I got a drop within 45 minutes. The beauty of this template is in the weaving. The strategy is 1) natures fury/summon fey to tank, 2) EOO, 3) Consecrate, 4) lighting strike (repeated). Against travesty, DFs, invader generals, etc., I usually hit for 120-130 damage. 5) Thrown in an occasional wildfire for an extra punch. 6) Finally, when their hp is down, WOD 2-3 times for 300 damage each time, or a total of 900 damage in under 15 seconds.

Needless to say, this is my new favorite character. One note, I do try to stick with mana leech bows - at least 40% - so I don't run out of mana.

PS: Armor Details, for those interested (I always am, but no one ever posts)-

Arties: hunter's headdress, quiver of infinity, conjurer's trinket, ornament of the magician, ring of the vile, stormgrip, rune beetle carapace, crimson cincture
Resists: Physical 70, Fire 70, Cold 70, Poison 70, Energy 75
HCI 40% (max), DCI 5%, DI 55%
FC 2, FCR 3, MI 15, MR 5, LMC 25%
HPI 20, HPR 5, StI 4, SR 6

B

Brian Bóruma

Hi ya

Here is my Archer template just completed last week.

Brian Boru on LS
120 Archery
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Focus
80 resist
80 Chiv

Great for PvM and doing champ spawns as long as I have orange pedals and pots :lick:. I use balanced comp bow with mana regen.

So far I like it. I dropped focus for Bushido but didn't like it. So I went back to focus.

S

Seismic

What's not to like about Bushido? Focus is a waste of skill points that could be used in much better places.
Agreed .. I find it odd that bushido (lit strike, basically) was dropped for stamina regen?? Well and some MR..

D

DenverVandal

So I've been outta the loop for about a year and needed some advice of how I could maximize a couple of characters. Let me know what skills you think I could switch between the two, what caps I should have and maybe what items I could pick up.Account is 72 months these are mainly PVM chars...

Char 1: was going for a Necro/Archer 7xGM

Archery
Anat
Tactics
Necro
SS
Resist
Healing

Char 2: Samurai

Swords 110
Tactics 110
Anat 100
Parry 100 (+10 samurai do)
Bushido 100
Resists 100
Healing 100

Any help is appreciated!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So I've been outta the loop for about a year and needed some advice of how I could maximize a couple of characters. Let me know what skills you think I could switch between the two, what caps I should have and maybe what items I could pick up.Account is 72 months these are mainly PVM chars...

Swords 110
Tactics 110
Anat 100
Bushido 100
Resists 100
Healing 100

Any help is appreciated!
I am gonna try to tackle char:2 as I am working similar template
a lot depends on what you want to spend and what you like to do this is what i am working on almost done

115 swords
115 tactics
100 parry
100 anat
100 bushido 120 with jewels
100 resist
90 heal
now if you have the money to buy em take tac and sword to 120 and take other ten points from whatever you can make up with items other words if your shield has plus 5 parry then lower parry 5 maybe jewels or whatever the bad thing about this combo is you can make yourself reliant on certain items
if you just need to lower somthing I would either lower resist or anat the extra ten
as for a suit all 70's is what to shoot for for resist 75 energy if an elf plus extra 20 mana but you carry less
mana leech on weapon and stamina leech are always good hit spell is popular hard to say not sure if pvm or pvp this is pvm orientated
if you can work dci and hci in this is great the more the better although with ls you get major hci boost oh and work lots of di into your suit 60 minimum counting tali i would go for as close to 100 as you can makes you less reliant on di on the weapon itself
anyway hope this helps is working for me so far i just need to finish off parry i just bought it so gonna be a few for i am done

oh and hld is always good to most people like the mace and shield glases you get 30 hld
with them [lus str and dex if i remember correctly

D

DenverVandal

Thanks for the reply Storm! That is what I was originally going for but after doing some research I see that people are now able to solo peerless bosses and even the dark father. I figured I'd be able to switch some skills using soulstones and make a pretty good char between the two.

Whats up with the Sampire? Are Necro/Archers still good? Whats the best amount of chivalry to have?

C

Connor_Graham

Agreed .. I find it odd that bushido (lit strike, basically) was dropped for stamina regen?? Well and some MR..
You can get stamina regen, and mana regen for that matter, upon the death of anything you've honored. They can also be regen'ed with a bow that has both as leeches. The small amount of regen that Focus gives is less than what you'd get just from having the leeches on your bow.

C

Connor_Graham

Char 1: was going for a Necro/Archer 7xGM

Archery
Anat
Tactics
Necro
SS
Resist
Healing
I would suggest dropping Resist & Anat both to 90 and taking Archery to 120. You might even consider dropping Healing and adding Bushido, using Vamp form and Curse Wep for healing.

Swords 110
Tactics 110
Anat 100
Bushido 100
Resists 100
Healing 100

Any help is appreciated!
I would drop Resist completely, and push swords, parry & bushido to 120. Add Chiv to 60 to finish it off.

D

DenverVandal

Thanks for the help Connor much appreciated! Those both sound like good templates I was thinking maybe taking the characters another direction. I'm very curious about the Sammy/Sampire templates. And I'm also not sure what makes the best archer combination Necro/Archer, Bushido/Archer, Pally/Archer...what would your ideal Archer, Samurai and Necromancer templates be?

C

Connor_Graham

Here are the templates for both my ABC archer and Sampire:

Archer-

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

Sampire-

120 Wep Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
95 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anat/SS/Resist
65 Chiv

A lot of people would go with GM Tactics and 60 Chiv, but I couldn't handle the failure rate on Cons Wep and Divine Fury, so ended up dropping 5 points from one to the other.

D

DenverVandal

Sounds good to me thanks so much for the help! I'm gonna steal your templates if you don't mind :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one that I had for a few minutes while switching my template around to something that fits my character better:
110 archery (scrolling issues, would have liked 120 more)
110 bushido
110 tactics
100 necromancy
110 anatomy
90 healing
The rest of the skill points were mixed between parry (dropped swords for archery) and chivalry. It was a transition time from not wanting a sampire any more since playing alone stinks for me and wanting to try out archery. But the results were rather pleasant. Just like with the sampire, I never had to heal. And staying away from your opponents made most fights very easy. Fighting high end very fast opponents was still troublesome, since stopping meant getting hit hard. A necro-warrior really needs parry IMO.

So I dropped necromancy in favor of meditation. Having mana for special moves all the time is a boon for my play style.

So my template now is:
115 bushido
115 archery
115 tactics (I really don't care for 120s unless I find them myself)
100 anatomy
90 healing
90 meditation
80 chivalry
15 unallocated points because I'm too lazy to train more. Due to my learning how to PvP, I'm thinking about exchanging bushido for resist, but the opponents I fight (Trammel-based wars) tend to not have magery, so bushido stays for now.

B

Balian of Asgard

Ok, I created my doom archer template and he totally owns! I've taken him to travesty, invasions, doom, etc. Altogether, he kicks serious butt. Here's the template I went with:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

I visited Doom for my first time on Sunday. I got a drop within 45 minutes. The beauty of this template is in the weaving. The strategy is 1) natures fury/summon fey to tank, 2) EOO, 3) Consecrate, 4) lighting strike (repeated). Against travesty, DFs, invader generals, etc., I usually hit for 120-130 damage. 5) Thrown in an occasional wildfire for an extra punch. 6) Finally, when their hp is down, WOD 2-3 times for 300 damage each time, or a total of 900 damage in under 15 seconds.

Needless to say, this is my new favorite character. One note, I do try to stick with mana leech bows - at least 40% - so I don't run out of mana.

PS: Armor Details, for those interested (I always am, but no one ever posts)-

Arties: hunter's headdress, quiver of infinity, conjurer's trinket, ornament of the magician, ring of the vile, stormgrip, rune beetle carapace, crimson cincture
Resists: Physical 70, Fire 70, Cold 70, Poison 70, Energy 75
HCI 40% (max), DCI 5%, DI 55%
FC 2, FCR 3, MI 15, MR 5, LMC 25%
HPI 20, HPR 5, StI 4, SR 6
Dude, have you considered to drop your INT by 5 and add the 5 to your dex to total 140, to get the max speed 4 sec heals?

Dont drop it off your str, unless all your armor is below 80 str to wear. if not, it can fall off into your pack, when you get cursed and your str dips below 80

T

Turdnugget

Balian, most of the archer/tamers that are hardcore PvPers don't have vet.

They substitute that out for better PvP skills.

There is a calculator to see how much lore/taming you need to control a dreadmare on Stratics.

I have an archer tamer, but it's for PvP/PvM.

My template atm is:
115 Lore
105 taming (jewels to get higher)
100 Archery (and rising)
90 Tactics (mainly just for specials)
100 Vet ( since I PvM a lot w/this chr)
105 Chivalry (atm so I can Holy Light the spawn) probably will drop down to 60 when I change template.

Sadly I can't remember the other skills I have off-hand... =/

I heal with potions and 3/5 chivalry. I go with an all around PvP/PvM tamer/archer template so I'm effective in both fields.

P

Podjigateli

The PvP template!
Skills
Archery 100-120 // for best accuracy
Tactics 100-120 // for more damage
Anatomy 80-100 // for more damage
Hiding or Fencing 100// for sudden kill
Spellweaving 100 // for healing while you are attacking your enemy
Poisoning 100 // will slow kill him while you attack
Chivalry 45 // for more damage

The rest
choose any skills you want.(may be necromancy 40)

Stats
str 100 // for more damage and health
dex 45 (or 70)// for speed
int 70 // for special moves(abilities)

T

Turdnugget

I'm sorry Pod, but I fail to see how that template could outlast anyone in a one on one situation... maybe in a group setting it could do alright. Your only methods of healing are SW which takes long to cast and has a recast timer for Gift of Renewel and Chivalry heals which you need at least 2FC to be at all efective.

I don't know if you've PvP'd latey, but most anyone who has some common sense carries 5+ cure pots... so the poison idea slow killing someone is gonna be hard.

Creative template... but I'm sure even an ABC archer designed more towards PvM could own that template.

C

Connor_Graham

Creative template... but I'm sure even an ABC archer designed more towards PvM could own that template.
I'd have to agree with this. Hell, I think even I could beat that template since it has no real method of healing, especially since the heal pots were nerfed.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys im a returning player and want to dust off my archer.

Skills are..

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chiv
110 Resist.

Whats the max hci/dmg inc for pvp and pvm?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Skills are..

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chiv
110 Resist.

Hey Max HCI is 45 and max DI from items is 100%.

Connor is more or less a guru when it comes to PVM archers im sure he can help ya out with the template. the ABC archers are probably the best PVM template right now, thats a template that use both bushido and Chiv.

There is ALOT of threads concerning this kinda template so just browse around a bit.

And btw since im allready posting. 100% DI cap is for items, skills and abilitys doesnt affect that. So ontop of 100% from items you could get up to 300% DI through several diffrent propertys and abilitys(slayer weapons, enemy of one, Perfection etc).

C

Connor_Graham

Skills are..

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chiv
110 Resist.
Is this char for PvM or PvP?

HCI cap is 45, but you can overcap to account for HLA. DI cap for PvM is 300%, and I think 100% for PvP, but I could be wrong on that. Something you might want to consider is lowering some of the skills like Healing, Anat & Chiv and adding Bushido.

mistaWAC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so I just started playing again after about a two year hiatus. I started from scratch about two weeks ago and I'm at about 75-90 for all my skills. Here's my template:

Animal Taming - 120
Animal Lore - 120
Veterinary - 120
Archery - 120
Tactics - 120
Magery - 100

Str - 90
Dex - 90
Int - 70

This is still in the works because I have some issues. First off, I don't know what I should use the leftover points on. I really don't plan on using Magery for anything more than summoning Blades and Vortices so taking it to 120 seems a little useless. I was thinking picking up Anatomy, but I forgot what the Total Skill Cap was. I also didn't know how important Intelligence is to taming pets. If it's not that important I might drop it to 60 and raise the other two to 95. Otherwise they stay as is.

Thanks in advance!

C

Connor_Graham

The skill point cap is 720 on a 4 yr account, less if the account is less than 4 yrs old.

N

Nacola

Okay here is my template nothing fancy but i love it

anatomy 106.2 (scrolled to 110.0)
archery 115.0 (scrolled to 115.0)
chivalry 91.8 (scrolled to 110.0)
focus 85.6
healing 106.2 (scrolled to 110.0)
resisting spells 110.0 (scrolled to 110.0)
tactics 110.0 (scrolled to 110.0)

str 96
dex 122
intl 43

Resists
(physical) 65
(fire) 70
(cold) 70
(poison) 70
(energy) 66

C

Connor_Graham

If you made just a few minor changes you'd have a powerhouse template...