• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the summon problem should be fixed now, possibly the bars not updating, give it a try :D
Client locking up as soon as I choose a character and enter the world. Unfortunately can't get the debug window open at all.

Edit: Possibly related to closing the veteran rewards gump. Loaded standard UI, enabled logging, switch to Pinco's UI, logged out, logged in, once i right-clicked on veteran gump to close it, client locked up.

Edit 2: Might not be veterans gump, I think it's related to mousing over anything, or anything with a popup window. I can load standard UI, switch to Pinco's and be fine if i dont move the mouse. Once I move the mouse over an object, it seems to lockup.

Compared 3 different sets of logs and these are the last entry in them:

Code:
[17/11/05][15:30:10] [Function]: PaperdollWindow.ItemMouseOver( 0.0000, 18.3416, 1760.7086 )
[17/11/05][15:22:06] [Function]: Hotbar.ItemMouseOver( 0.0000, 29.2027, -496.4563 )
Could be coincidental. Maybe whatever's causing the crash isn't making it to the log.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Whatever you did in the last patch crashes my client 100% of the time if I try to open my backpack.

Please revert...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Client locking up as soon as I choose a character and enter the world. Unfortunately can't get the debug window open at all.

Edit: Possibly related to closing the veteran rewards gump. Loaded standard UI, enabled logging, switch to Pinco's UI, logged out, logged in, once i right-clicked on veteran gump to close it, client locked up.

Edit 2: Might not be veterans gump, I think it's related to mousing over anything, or anything with a popup window. I can load standard UI, switch to Pinco's and be fine if i dont move the mouse. Once I move the mouse over an object, it seems to lockup.

Compared 3 different sets of logs and these are the last entry in them:

Code:
[17/11/05][15:30:10] [Function]: PaperdollWindow.ItemMouseOver( 0.0000, 18.3416, 1760.7086 )
[17/11/05][15:22:06] [Function]: Hotbar.ItemMouseOver( 0.0000, 29.2027, -496.4563 )
Could be coincidental. Maybe whatever's causing the crash isn't making it to the log.
@Pinco

Whatever you did in the last patch crashes my client 100% of the time if I try to open my backpack.

Please revert...
that was just a typo, now it should be fine :p

I've made some changes on the healthbars update routine, now if something goes wrong during the update we should see an error pop up...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having to play in the default UI has made me realize that the death-related lag is due to Pinco's... As is the lag due to re-equipping from your corpse.

This needs to be addressed ASAP.

I'll go through one more death cycle in the default before updating the UI...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, death in the default UI is virtually instantaneous, as is re-equipping from whats on your corpse.

In the current version of Pinco's the death animation (from time of death to actually being able to move as a ghost) is upwards of 20+ seconds, and re-equipping has a slight, but noticeable freeze/lag.

I know this is not due to my PC, as its incredibly overpowered for UO. I'm guessing this has something to do with the red overlay or heartbeat sound.

Whatever is causing it needs to be found and fixed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, death in the default UI is virtually instantaneous, as is re-equipping from whats on your corpse.

In the current version of Pinco's the death animation (from time of death to actually being able to move as a ghost) is upwards of 20+ seconds, and re-equipping has a slight, but noticeable freeze/lag.

I know this is not due to my PC, as its incredibly overpowered for UO. I'm guessing this has something to do with the red overlay or heartbeat sound.

Whatever is causing it needs to be found and fixed.
As I explained in the past, the more hotbars you have the more lag you'll have. With the basic 3 hotbars I can die and get the body instantly without lag.
Also after the latest changes is quite possible that the character profile is bugged. Make a backup of the User Data folder then delete it and try to start over with a clean profile and see how it goes...
You can also try to see if it happens when you have many items in your backpack or also when you have few, and stuff like that :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I explained in the past, the more hotbars you have the more lag you'll have. With the basic 3 hotbars I can die and get the body instantly without lag.
Also after the latest changes is quite possible that the character profile is bugged. Make a backup of the User Data folder then delete it and try to start over with a clean profile and see how it goes...
You can also try to see if it happens when you have many items in your backpack or also when you have few, and stuff like that :p
On the character I was playing, I have only 8 hot bars and a pack full of 91 items. But this happens on all my characters.

The default was instantaneous, with Pinco's it was a laggy.

If your hotbars are the culprits, then they need fixing, or a way to make whatever their extra feature(s) that cause it toggleable.

I really don't want to have to constantly be making a new profile for each character... That's a lot of work.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The change you made to the skills tracker isn't working. I have my skills on the Custom Tab but the tracker just shows the message that you need to put skills on the custom tab.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the character I was playing, I have only 8 hot bars and a pack full of 91 items. But this happens on all my characters.

If your hotbars are the culprits, then they need fixing, or a way to make whatever their extra feature(s) that cause it toggleable.

I really don't want to have to constantly be making a new profile for each character... That's a lot of work.
it might be a lot of work, but with the new saving system, remaking the profiles will improve the whole thing... and since all the character are completely separated now it will make easier to see what's piling up.

The change you made to the skills tracker isn't working. I have my skills on the Custom Tab but the tracker just shows the message that you need to put skills on the custom tab.
it should work now

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

oh and by the way, if you have an old fat profile of any of your characters that you can send me, it will be very useful to find out what's piling up in there :D
Since the saved variables now are lighter, the profile is the only place where nasty things may pile up and cause problems when they get too fat...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, now with the latest version, a cleanup has been installed to remove unused data from the profile. I've also slowed the hotbars update, but having too many hotbars (the total number of slots visible to be exact), will cause lag.
In general, since the UI does not work on a separate process each visible element of the UI will slow down the entire game, so the best policy is to keep the less elements as possible visible at time. So having more than 3-4 full hotbars (always keep in mind that the number of slots counts not the number of hotbars), is the best thing.... you can have more hotbars but keeping them closed is better.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, now with the latest version, a cleanup has been installed to remove unused data from the profile. I've also slowed the hotbars update, but having too many hotbars (the total number of slots visible to be exact), will cause lag.
In general, since the UI does not work on a separate process each visible element of the UI will slow down the entire game, so the best policy is to keep the less elements as possible visible at time. So having more than 3-4 full hotbars (always keep in mind that the number of slots counts not the number of hotbars), is the best thing.... you can have more hotbars but keeping them closed is better.
I regret to inform you that despite my brand new profile, death is still significantly lagged - as is re-equipping :(

Edit: My mobiles bars also don't show anything at all...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I regret to inform you that despite my brand new profile, death is still significantly lagged - as is re-equipping :(

Edit: My mobiles bars also don't show anything at all...
with you're profile is all running fine, I don't really know how to replicate the issue...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've tried and tried but the racial ability page is always BLANK... then if I run the debug window it's there but the next time I log in it's gone again...

This is with a "brand new" profile as I deleted the user data folder and have been rebuilding all my profiles...

Also I like to make a profile and then copy it onto other characters... but then it's EXTREMELY odd to have my girls getting a manly voice or vice versa... can I somehow change the voice????? I can't find a voice setting...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried and tried but the racial ability page is always BLANK... then if I run the debug window it's there but the next time I log in it's gone again...

This is with a "brand new" profile as I deleted the user data folder and have been rebuilding all my profiles...

Also I like to make a profile and then copy it onto other characters... but then it's EXTREMELY odd to have my girls getting a manly voice or vice versa... can I somehow change the voice????? I can't find a voice setting...
that's because the character ID is saved inside the profile, and copying that will force the UI to use the ID of the wrong character... anyway, I've added an auto-change ID at the first login, it will reload the UI and should be fixed.

@Pinco I've been getting the following window when I log on to my chars now:
View attachment 73946
it should be gone now :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Racial page in the characters abilities profile is still always blank and I have to run the debug window everytime I want to open and use it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco something odd I noticed in the journal:
upload_2017-11-7_19-42-56.png

I seem to have a LOT of skills the decimal is off...

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm being told that latest patch is causing people to freeze/crash when they dismount and mount a LIVE pet. Requiring a client restart to get back in game.

Ethereals work just fine.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm being told that latest patch is causing people to freeze/crash when they dismount and mount a LIVE pet. Requiring a client restart to get back in game.

No problems here with mounting/dismounting. Tried on a couple characters with swamp dragon, blue beetle, and fire steed. Maybe a certain pet type or some other combination of events?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skill gain msg in the journal has the decimal point off like the tracker had b4.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco something odd I noticed in the journal:
View attachment 73963

I seem to have a LOT of skills the decimal is off...
The skill gain msg in the journal has the decimal point off like the tracker had b4.
that should be working

I can't replicate that...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else timing out sitting idle anywhere very quickly, like 2 minutes or less?
I tried to do Medusa with my guild, and I lost connection at least 20 times there, is it connected to the mobiles bar? or somehow to party? One time I could not move my character but I could cast Chivalry spells and they worked but still could not move.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Getting a weird "Health Bounce" thing going on with target bar:

healthbars.gif

Was doing a Scalis today and it was really bad. The health would bounce between 4-5 different values before showing it's actual health, then starting the cycle over again (e.g. 0% > 100% > 86% > 74% > 60 % > 0% > 100% > 86%, etc..)

Also at one point today I lost all my separate mobile windows (Blue bar, Orange bar, etc.). I captured this in the error log, but don't think it shows the cause, only that it couldn't update the bars:

mobiles-disappear.PNG

Had to completely close client and reload it for them to work again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting a weird "Health Bounce" thing going on with target bar:

View attachment 74022

Was doing a Scalis today and it was really bad. The health would bounce between 4-5 different values before showing it's actual health, then starting the cycle over again (e.g. 0% > 100% > 86% > 74% > 60 % > 0% > 100% > 86%, etc..)

Also at one point today I lost all my separate mobile windows (Blue bar, Orange bar, etc.). I captured this in the error log, but don't think it shows the cause, only that it couldn't update the bars:

View attachment 74023

Had to completely close client and reload it for them to work again.
try now, see how goes :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having some issues with inventory icons after the latest patch:

View attachment 74050

Also looks like the debug window auto opens on login again.
What Khyro says, I'm having the same problems, impossible to find stuff, can still see description with mouse over and can see names in List mode but no graphics and Legacy mode seems to be ok but of course unusable.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the same problems with my Pack and I also get the Bug Window pop up when I log on.

Grizz

Visitor
Having the same issues items there but no image of anything. Mouse over says what it is but no image just a number for qty.
The issue with health bars has been going on for a few days seems what ever i target is picking up my pets health numbers. If pet is at 80 % health so is every thing else i target, even if it has not taken any damage. The mobile bar did display the correct number.
Any then as i fight stuff my pets health will show the targets number then cycle back to the correct numbers.
Its getting a little crazy trying to see what is happening want to play but can't when you cant see whats in your bag rune books, bandies and anything else.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having some issues with inventory icons after the latest patch:

View attachment 74050

Also looks like the debug window auto opens on login again.
What Khyro says, I'm having the same problems, impossible to find stuff, can still see description with mouse over and can see names in List mode but no graphics and Legacy mode seems to be ok but of course unusable.
Having the same problems with my Pack and I also get the Bug Window pop up when I log on.
Having the same issues items there but no image of anything. Mouse over says what it is but no image just a number for qty.
The issue with health bars has been going on for a few days seems what ever i target is picking up my pets health numbers. If pet is at 80 % health so is every thing else i target, even if it has not taken any damage. The mobile bar did display the correct number.
Any then as i fight stuff my pets health will show the targets number then cycle back to the correct numbers.
Its getting a little crazy trying to see what is happening want to play but can't when you cant see whats in your bag rune books, bandies and anything else.
let's see now how it goes :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco still not seeing anything in my pack. BTW I didn't notice a patch when I started a couple of minutes ago...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW it's not just my backpack, but most containers aren't showing things.

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
@Pinco
Firstly... Thank You for your awesome UI....! Love it
I am hoping a few bugs can be sorted out that turned up since the recent updates/patches...

Having some issues, including the SKILL TRACKER.
I cant post a screenshot, because I don't have anywhere to host the picture. :(

My skill tracker is showing my skills as follows:
* Animal Lore 120/1200
etc....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco
Firstly... Thank You for your awesome UI....! Love it
I am hoping a few bugs can be sorted out that turned up since the recent updates/patches...

Having some issues, including the SKILL TRACKER.
I cant post a screenshot, because I don't have anywhere to host the picture. :(

My skill tracker is showing my skills as follows:
* Animal Lore 120/1200
etc....
it should work now :)