• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since I can't replicate the problem, we can do a test to see where the whole thing fails:
This will tell the number of page turners 1 or 2
/script Debug.Print(GumpsParsing.RunicAtlasGetPageTurnerNumber())
I get 1
this will tell you true/false if the recall (charge) is visible
/script Debug.Print(GumpsParsing.RunicAtlasIsRecallChargeVisible())
true
and this if the gate travel is visible:
/script Debug.Print(GumpsParsing.RunicAtlasIsGateSpellVisible())
true

upload_2017-10-23_22-10-4.png

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the problem is in the only thing we haven't considered: you're an elf and the sacred journey button is hidden automatically server side! :D
Well, that may be just it. The characters I tried this on were elves and Gargs. I just tried it on a human, and the atlas works perfectly.
I get 25 in response to /script Debug.Print(#GumpData.Gumps[498].Buttons).
I think now you should be able to duplicate it :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that may be just it. The characters I tried this on were elves and Gargs. I just tried it on a human, and the atlas works perfectly.
I get 25 in response to /script Debug.Print(#GumpData.Gumps[498].Buttons).
I think now you should be able to duplicate it :)
yes, I always forget the passive human skill bonus... anyway now should work :p

Just a side note: sacred journey will not be shown if you don't have at least 15 thithing (even with lrc 100% they are required to cast the spell), same for the normal runebook

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested it on Garg, Elf, and human and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this, Pinko!

On a different topic, I know that you had to decrease the chat buffer to solve the lag issue, but my problem with it is not the small buffer, but that when you scroll back, whenever someone says something, it jump-scrolls to the last thing said. This make scrolling back pretty much useless when there is an active conversation going on. The moment you start reading something, you are jerked back forward. Is it possible to get it not to reset scroll, or maybe there is some other work around?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested it on Garg, Elf, and human and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this, Pinko!

On a different topic, I know that you had to decrease the chat buffer to solve the lag issue, but my problem with it is not the small buffer, but that when you scroll back, whenever someone says something, it jump-scrolls to the last thing said. This make scrolling back pretty much useless when there is an active conversation going on. The moment you start reading something, you are jerked back forward. Is it possible to get it not to reset scroll, or maybe there is some other work around?
keeping the scrollbar (the rectangle) dragged while you read it prevents the reset, it shouldn't be a problem unless you are reading and fighting :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
keeping the scrollbar (the rectangle) dragged while you read it prevents the reset, it shouldn't be a problem unless you are reading and fighting :p
On the topic of chat log... I've noticed that it appears "hidden" messages are still added to the buffer, even if they aren't displayed. For example, if I have a tab with only Chat/Guild/Alliance/Say active and someone says something, the text correctly goes into the log. When I enter combat, after ~30 seconds or so the chat message will be pushed out of the log and the log will be completely blank -- I assume from messages that are being filtered out. Is there any way to prevent this? Get's really difficult/impossible to re-read missed chat when out of combat, as it's no longer available.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the topic of chat log... I've noticed that it appears "hidden" messages are still added to the buffer, even if they aren't displayed. For example, if I have a tab with only Chat/Guild/Alliance/Say active and someone says something, the text correctly goes into the log. When I enter combat, after ~30 seconds or so the chat message will be pushed out of the log and the log will be completely blank -- I assume from messages that are being filtered out. Is there any way to prevent this? Get's really difficult/impossible to re-read missed chat when out of combat, as it's no longer available.
the system actually holds 100 lines and that includes everything that appears in chat, the various filter you apply (like guild, party, etc...) are just filters of those 100 messages. So if your guild friend say something and it's the line n° 1, after 99 others that line will be purged.
The best way to avoid this is to disable the logging from the options for everything you don't need, like duplicate messages, word of power of the spells, etc...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, for some reason I thought I tried that and it did not work. But it's definitely working. Thank you!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the pet lore menu, if you have points left, where at the bottom it says Loyalty Rating --- it says Loyalty Rating again so I dunno if my pet is really truly happy or not. I commonly leave points for PS which i'm hoping to be able to get later so this becomes a petwide problem for me.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco

Ut oh, getting some weird Atlas behavior now after latest update.

Human with Chiv (no magery), gets this (blacked out lines are just some names of people):

AtlasNew1.PNG AtlasNew2.PNG

Buttons on page 1 returns 23, page 2 returns 24.

Page 1
Clicking the 'Sacred Journey' text will set default location.
Clicking the 'Sacred Journey' button will use sacred journey spell.
Clicking the Recall (Charge) text will use sacred journey.
Clicking the blue button above Recall (Charge) will attempt to use JOAT Recall
Clicking the text of a rune on the left side of the page will highlight an entry on the right side of the page.
Clicking the blue button will highlight the correct rune.

Page 2
Similar behavior to page 1, the entries appear to be 1-2 buttons off from their correct function

Same Atlas given to my NecroMage works correctly. So it appears it may be an issue either with Chiv or JOAT Magery/Recall (Spell).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the pet lore menu, if you have points left, where at the bottom it says Loyalty Rating --- it says Loyalty Rating again so I dunno if my pet is really truly happy or not. I commonly leave points for PS which i'm hoping to be able to get later so this becomes a petwide problem for me.
now it should work in any case :D

@Pinco

Ut oh, getting some weird Atlas behavior now after latest update.

Human with Chiv (no magery), gets this (blacked out lines are just some names of people):

View attachment 73445 View attachment 73446

Buttons on page 1 returns 23, page 2 returns 24.

Page 1
Clicking the 'Sacred Journey' text will set default location.
Clicking the 'Sacred Journey' button will use sacred journey spell.
Clicking the Recall (Charge) text will use sacred journey.
Clicking the blue button above Recall (Charge) will attempt to use JOAT Recall
Clicking the text of a rune on the left side of the page will highlight an entry on the right side of the page.
Clicking the blue button will highlight the correct rune.

Page 2
Similar behavior to page 1, the entries appear to be 1-2 buttons off from their correct function

Same Atlas given to my NecroMage works correctly. So it appears it may be an issue either with Chiv or JOAT Magery/Recall (Spell).
should be fixed now, I hope there are no more exceptions around :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animal lore for loyalty works super now.

Thank you for fixing stuff and making stuff better, I know we all appreciate it!!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, if you set it in Default and switch to your UI the effect is still turned off so...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Energy Vortexes have been giving low HP warnings for a while now, even with the option not to show summon warnings checked. Please fix.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mobiles bars are all messed up, disappearing, not showing any time, etc etc etc? what happened?

Solved - Logged out, logged back in, nothing, same as before
Restarted Comp, same as before
Rebooted comp - fixed

But now my runebooks are coming up blank

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mobiles bars are all messed up, disappearing, not showing any time, etc etc etc? what happened?

Solved - Logged out, logged back in, nothing, same as before
Restarted Comp, same as before
Rebooted comp - fixed

But now my runebooks are coming up blank
check the debug window for errors, I can't replicate any of this...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too have been having mobiles bar issues recently. Newly spawned things, specifically in the Sorcerer's Dungeon, aren't showing up half the time. Did this latest patch fix that?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, as of at least two (though possibly more) UI patches a go, my client has been crashing to desktop frequently. In particular, in high spawn locations...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have been having mobiles bar issues recently. Newly spawned things, specifically in the Sorcerer's Dungeon, aren't showing up half the time. Did this latest patch fix that?
that I can't replicate at all, and about the crashes it might be too much data inside the profile... the client is knowingly unstable when it comes to handle too much data. You should check the variables file inside the documents folder, if it's too fat, troubles are on the way :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that I can't replicate at all, and about the crashes it might be too much data inside the profile... the client is knowingly unstable when it comes to handle too much data. You should check the variables file inside the documents folder, if it's too fat, troubles are on the way :p
There are two files in my Variables subfolder:

ModSettings.xml 1kb
SavedVariables.lua 2,694kb

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do we lose if we clear this file? It looks like chat logs, waypoints, container positions?
also all the finders keepers settings, all the agents settings too....
it grows larger if you have many characters. Ideally having 1 file per character would be the best thing, I'm trying to figure out a way to do that automatically, but unfortunately at the moment the client get the character ID AFTER the file is loaded so it kinda breaks the whole idea down... and using the character name (like for the character profiles), is not a good idea since if you have more characters with the same name it will mess things up badly :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine too Dot, on 2 separate accounts, makes the Sorcerer Dungeon pretty much unplayable, at least I'm giving up until it's fixed, name tags are too small to pull and if you make them bigger they cover the screen.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine too Dot, on 2 separate accounts, makes the Sorcerer Dungeon pretty much unplayable, at least I'm giving up until it's fixed, name tags are too small to pull and if you make them bigger they cover the screen.
I've done some improvements here and there, see if it's better :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What all did you do?

I miss the changelog :sad3:
just some code improvement trying to avoid problems along the way...

also I'm improving the saving system in order to purge all the unused data, so make sure to make a backup of the user data folder :D
in the future patches I'm going to add several more routines to purge the variables but the more characters you have the more data you'll have (like now), so it will be better but not too much :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any to prevent summons (EVs, colossus, nature's fury and reapers) from appearing in the mobiles bar list? Unchecking the Summon box on the mobiles bar tab doesn't seem to work.

The reapers are the only one with the same name as an out-in-the-world mob, and they're fairly easy to see/target.

Could we get an option to filter them out completely, regardless of the potential side effects?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any to prevent summons (EVs, colossus, nature's fury and reapers) from appearing in the mobiles bar list? Unchecking the Summon box on the mobiles bar tab doesn't seem to work.

The reapers are the only one with the same name as an out-in-the-world mob, and they're fairly easy to see/target.

Could we get an option to filter them out completely, regardless of the potential side effects?
try like this, but since I can't test (TC down) there is no way to tell if it really works :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
just some code improvement trying to avoid problems along the way...

also I'm improving the saving system in order to purge all the unused data, so make sure to make a backup of the user data folder :D
in the future patches I'm going to add several more routines to purge the variables but the more characters you have the more data you'll have (like now), so it will be better but not too much :p
Looks like something broke with Scavenging. The agent settings are there, but nothing will pick up. Organizing still works OK. Switched to default UI and scavenging works there, so must be something with the recent change. Looked in debug log, but didn't see any error messages.

Edit:
Also looks like there is something wrong with grid containers on monster corpses. They are showing up empty and getting this error in debug window:

Container.PNG

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like something broke with Scavenging. The agent settings are there, but nothing will pick up. Organizing still works OK. Switched to default UI and scavenging works there, so must be something with the recent change. Looked in debug log, but didn't see any error messages.

Edit:
Also looks like there is something wrong with grid containers on monster corpses. They are showing up empty and getting this error in debug window:

View attachment 73821
it should work now :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the setting that gets rid of that annoying, very loud, ship sound ---- "YESSIR" and "AYE AYE SIRE" and the other things the pilot says. I've tried to turn it off and short of turning computer total sound off I can't get rid of it.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco since the last patch, the mobile bars are not updating when you inflict damage on the mob. They stay at 100% until they die. This also includes the larger target bar..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco since the last patch, the mobile bars are not updating when you inflict damage on the mob. They stay at 100% until they die. This also includes the larger target bar..
it's working fine for me... check the debug window if there are errors popping out...

The last patch I've changed the saved variables of the characters. From now on (if all works as intended :D ), every character have separated variables so there should be less lag if you have many characters. The downside is that you'll have to manually copy the finders keepers items loot sort and so on from "SavedVariables" to the new files (or just remake them from inside the game). With this changes, it might be possible to raise again the lines cap for the chat in the next future :)

Let me know how it feels (if it's less laggy or not) :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
it's working fine for me... check the debug window if there are errors popping out...
I've actually noticed this as well last night. It's not 100% broken all the time, but something triggers the mobiles to stop updating. I think it might be related to dying and rezing, but haven't been able to test thoroughly yet.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've actually noticed this as well last night. It's not 100% broken all the time, but something triggers the mobiles to stop updating. I think it might be related to dying and rezing, but haven't been able to test thoroughly yet.
since it's random I can only do random changes and see what happens, try now :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are disabled, hence my confusion. I'm still see bars for rising colossus, reapers and energy vortexes.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
try with a clear profile, maybe there is something else behind...
I did some testing on this. It looks like it's filtering out Summons when they are your own summons, but they still shows summons from other people. Left picture below is from the non-owner of the summons. Right picture is the owner. Both have their options set to not show summons on mobiles.

ev1.PNG ev2.PNG

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
since it's random I can only do random changes and see what happens, try now :D
So I was in the sorcerer's dungeon tonight and mobiles were working good while I was alive. I died to a spawn and after I res'd they seemed to act up (not updating, or updating late, etc.). I opened the debug window, but I didn't see any error messages (Except one, which I'll explain below). Also, it doesn't seem to just affect mobiles, the target window didn't always update as well.

Here are some examples:

You can see the Lich Lord's health in the target window was 28%, but in the mobiles window he was 100% still.
error2.PNG

Similar to above, another Lich Lord at 52%, but mobiles window shows 100%
error3.PNG

After a Lich or Lich Lord dies, I get this error message in the debug window:
error1.PNG

I realize I only grabbed screens of Lich Lords, but it was happening with other enemies as well (lich lords just seemed to live long enough for me to get a screenshot).

I'll try to have debug window open before I die next time to see if there is an error that occurs at that time.

Edit: Ok it doesn't appear to be related to death, but more of a duration thing, or number of enemies. Seems to get easily broken in the sorc dungeon just working the spawn. Brought a different character and mobiles/target bars were broken after ~10 minutes with no deaths. Nothing in the error logs.

Is there any kind of advanced debug logging I can enable that will log to a text file that I can send you that might be more useful? or is it just the debug window?

Edit 2: Got this in the error window today. Had debug window enabled before I entered sorc dungeon, this appeared shortly after entering (But mobiles were working as far as I could tell):
mobiles1.PNG

More Edits: So I got it to break outside of sorc dungeon just running between graveyards. I would say between 5-10 minutes of fighting and the bars stopped updated. I had a feeling the debug window was scrolling too fast and there may be errors not being displayed. Loaded up lua.log, found a lot of these in it:

Code:
[Warning]: Text is cut off in Label MobileHealthBar_31789865Name.
Couple of these:

Code:
[Warning]: Warning: Calling 'DestroyWindow' on window 'MobileHealthBar_30727008' has been deferred because this window or one of its children is active.
Nothing else stood out in the lua.log file, just a lot of function calls to MobileHealthBar.HnadleMobileStatusUpdate()

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was in the sorcerer's dungeon tonight and mobiles were working good while I was alive. I died to a spawn and after I res'd they seemed to act up (not updating, or updating late, etc.). I opened the debug window, but I didn't see any error messages (Except one, which I'll explain below). Also, it doesn't seem to just affect mobiles, the target window didn't always update as well.

Here are some examples:

You can see the Lich Lord's health in the target window was 28%, but in the mobiles window he was 100% still.
View attachment 73908

Similar to above, another Lich Lord at 52%, but mobiles window shows 100%
View attachment 73909

After a Lich or Lich Lord dies, I get this error message in the debug window:
View attachment 73907

I realize I only grabbed screens of Lich Lords, but it was happening with other enemies as well (lich lords just seemed to live long enough for me to get a screenshot).

I'll try to have debug window open before I die next time to see if there is an error that occurs at that time.

Edit: Ok it doesn't appear to be related to death, but more of a duration thing, or number of enemies. Seems to get easily broken in the sorc dungeon just working the spawn. Brought a different character and mobiles/target bars were broken after ~10 minutes with no deaths. Nothing in the error logs.

Is there any kind of advanced debug logging I can enable that will log to a text file that I can send you that might be more useful? or is it just the debug window?

Edit 2: Got this in the error window today. Had debug window enabled before I entered sorc dungeon, this appeared shortly after entering (But mobiles were working as far as I could tell):
View attachment 73916

More Edits: So I got it to break outside of sorc dungeon just running between graveyards. I would say between 5-10 minutes of fighting and the bars stopped updated. I had a feeling the debug window was scrolling too fast and there may be errors not being displayed. Loaded up lua.log, found a lot of these in it:

Code:
[Warning]: Text is cut off in Label MobileHealthBar_31789865Name.
Couple of these:

Code:
[Warning]: Warning: Calling 'DestroyWindow' on window 'MobileHealthBar_30727008' has been deferred because this window or one of its children is active.
Nothing else stood out in the lua.log file, just a lot of function calls to MobileHealthBar.HnadleMobileStatusUpdate()
the summon problem should be fixed now, possibly the bars not updating, give it a try :D