• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, I went back to Exodus and it seems to be better now although still a bit jerky, at least it's playable now.

I cannot find the file you talk about, the errors folder in the logs folder in game file, have looked and looked a dozen times. I followed your instructions and deleted my profile and those files you said to completely delete and I cannot find these new files now in any folder in the game files.
the files are generated 1 per error (if there are errors), and they are inside the game folder -> logs -> errors -> 1 file per error

today I tried a champion spawn for a while and I had 0 lag, so it must be something really specific in your hotbars, or in your backpack or something that you are wearing.
if you an post a screenshot of your screen + export to file the content of your backpack (actions -> other -> export items to file), maybe I can find a clue... :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New bug:

When you pick up anything it suddenly shows as a stacked item and displays xrandom number of an actual stack somewhere in your pack.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New bug:

When you pick up anything it suddenly shows as a stacked item and displays xrandom number of an actual stack somewhere in your pack.
can't really tell what's wrong with that, but try like this...

check if you have errors around, maybe there is a clue there...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can't really tell what's wrong with that, but try like this...

check if you have errors around, maybe there is a clue there...
There was nothing from today in the error log, but your patch seems to have fixed it :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've added a new feature: Target on Mouse Over.

This works with the current target (because for many reasons will be a mess to make an action for it), but for what I've been able to test it with, it seems to improve the quality of life a bit. Of course it will require you to adapt your game style with it, but it looks promising :)
Let me know what do you think about it :D
If you like the feature I think I can find a way to add the "Target on Mouse Over" in the hotbar targeting system (if you don't want to have it for every action you do) :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since having the casting on mouse over for every spell might be annoying for certain activities, I've added the option in the hotbar for the target mouse over. With that you'll be able to use the mouse over targeting only for certain spells/skills/etc... Just remember to point you're target BEFORE casting the spell. You'll see the hotbar/macros slot that uses the mouse over targeting with an orange border.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco since the latest patch I just get the loading screen over and over when I log on to a character. It's happened on 2 chars on 2 different accounts. It's like it keeps reloading the UI over and over and over...
Went to the error log and found a lot of these debug files:
"UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:1208: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's another msg:
[17/11/27][17:22:11] <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:680: attempt to index field 'TargetMouseOver' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco since the latest patch I just get the loading screen over and over when I log on to a character. It's happened on 2 chars on 2 different accounts. It's like it keeps reloading the UI over and over and over...
Went to the error log and found a lot of these debug files:
"UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:1208: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
it should work now :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that fixed the UI reloading over and over. But now I can't click on a spell/action on my bars.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Error: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/OverheadText/OverheadText.lua"]:225: attempt to index global 'data' (a nil value)
Getting a LOT of these in the error log folder

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Error: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/OverheadText/OverheadText.lua"]:225: attempt to index global 'data' (a nil value)
Getting a LOT of these in the error log folder
now that error should be gone, but I can't replicate the problem with the hotbars, are you using legacy targeting?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not using Legacy targeting. I have the same issues with both chars on different accounts that I'm currently on. Doesn't matter which bar I use, none of the work by clicking, only working via Hot Keys.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not using Legacy targeting. I have the same issues with both chars on different accounts that I'm currently on. Doesn't matter which bar I use, none of the work by clicking, only working via Hot Keys.
send me your character profile so I can check directly, it will be easier to test :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also looks like I can't drag a spell icon and drop it in a bar either.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction, it adds the icon but you can't see it, just a black square but when you mouse over it, it says the name of the spell.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction, it adds the icon but you can't see it, just a black square but when you mouse over it, it says the name of the spell.
send me one of your broken character profiles so I can see what's wrong, I can't replicate the issue otherwise...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and I can't delete a bar. Nothing happens when you click on OK on the gump, but Cancel works. BTW I now have 13K error/debug files in that folder (I emptied it before the publish)...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and I can't delete a bar. Nothing happens when you click on OK on the gump, but Cancel works. BTW I now have 13K error/debug files in that folder (I emptied it before the publish)...
errors can be repeated several times, for sure there is something useful there...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure what you did @Pinco but now I can't load into the game... it just keeps trying to load over and over opening and closing the paperdoll and backpack and it shoved all my custom bars into the upper left corner and I can't do anything at all....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And the bars are incomplete they only have the first icon on them all the others are blank...

I'd like to send you a debug thing but I can't even do that because it keeps reloading every couple seconds.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the bars are incomplete they only have the first icon on them all the others are blank...

I'd like to send you a debug thing but I can't even do that because it keeps reloading every couple seconds.
unless someone with a broken profile send it to me or you tell me the errors you're getting I can't do anything about it...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are no errors but I can't even play it just keeps loading and reloading and loading and reloading and your UI Loading thing in the center screen will NOT go away.... I can send you her broken profile If I knew how

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no errors but I can't even play it just keeps loading and reloading and loading and reloading and your UI Loading thing in the center screen will NOT go away.... I can send you her broken profile If I knew how
the errors are inside logs/errors with the new system
the profile inside Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<your account>\<shard>\<charactername>

you can also copy the content of the character profile (open it with notepad) using: Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was fine earlier today until you did whatever you did now I can't play at all.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I'm stuck in an endless loading screen, but there are no errors in the log directory :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not any one of them it's ALL of them.... since the update earlier

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now we're back to the UI Reloading over and over:
[17/11/27][20:00:33] <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:679: attempt to index field 'TargetMouseOver' (a nil value)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Same for me. It just keeps reloading. I tried creating a new profile with the plain EC, then going into settings and choosing "Pinco's UI" but then that just starts the reloading all over again.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The patch worked for me, though many of my hotbars were in the wrong place...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The patch worked for me, though many of my hotbars were in the wrong place...
the wrong place is because when it loaded the hotbars wrong it also saved the wrong position and size :/

but as they say: you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like last patch fixed everything, no longer looping on reloading UI and my bars are clickable again. Thanks @Pinco

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"UI Patcher has stopped working"

EC default loads and works just fine.

Anyone else same?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"UI Patcher has stopped working"

EC default loads and works just fine.

Anyone else same?
the patcher has been the same in years, that could be a file lost or broken or just windows doing what it does best: causing trouble :D
Try to restart the computer...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've added a new feature, I'd call it: Dynamic Status
The idea is to make more visible the lack of hp/man/stamina by showing this bars under the game area. The more they are visible, the more you "lack" in that stat, so that you can easily realize what's happening...

Let me know what do you think about it :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've added a new feature, I'd call it: Dynamic Status
The idea is to make more visible the lack of hp/man/stamina by showing this bars under the game area. The more they are visible, the more you "lack" in that stat, so that you can easily realize what's happening...

Let me know what do you think about it :)
Is there a way to move the bars? Turn the feature off? It's near the bottom middle of my play window...

I played with them and the idea has merit...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the patcher has been the same in years, that could be a file lost or broken or just windows doing what it does best: causing trouble :D
Try to restart the computer...
Restarted no difference, what do I do now? I can start your UI using EC Playsound, but of course it won't update. Do I need to completely reinstall your UI? There have been no Windows 10 updates since Nov 16 and everything else is the same, tried to start it with antivirus turned off, same, wouldn't open. Was fine last night when i shut down, nothing unusual happened. Never had this before

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to move the bars? Turn the feature off? It's near the bottom middle of my play window...

I played with them and the idea has merit...
The idea is for those bars to stay in the play window since it's where normally you should look at, if they are outside you can just use the normal status :D

At the moment is all temporary, just to get some feedbacks... if people likes it I will add options to turn it on/off like the rest of the stuff :p

Restarted no difference, what do I do now? I can start your UI using EC Playsound, but of course it won't update. Do I need to completely reinstall your UI? There have been no Windows 10 updates since Nov 16 and everything else is the same, tried to start it with antivirus turned off, same, wouldn't open. Was fine last night when i shut down, nothing unusual happened. Never had this before
try to reinstall the patcher, it's possible a file got damaged somehow...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reinstall button somewhere? I don't want to wipe out all my settings and since I can't get to the opening screen I can't use the option there. I tried the one on the bug report window but it didn't work, reloaded it looked like but still same result at total login.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reinstall button somewhere? I don't want to wipe out all my settings and since I can't get to the opening screen I can't use the option there. I tried the one on the bug report window but it didn't work, reloaded it looked like but still same result at total login.
There is nothing to wipe out, just download the UI setup package and overwrite the existing files :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Hotbars cannot be destroyed. Clicking "Okay" on the Destroy Hotbar gump does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: There was an error:
Code:
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:165: attempt to index field 'TargetMouseOver' (a nil value)
I am also getting:
Code:
<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/AbilitiesInfo.lua"]:116: attempt to index field '?' (a number value)
Though I don't see what issue it may be causing...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Hotbars cannot be destroyed. Clicking "Okay" on the Destroy Hotbar gump does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: There was an error:
Code:
Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:165: attempt to index field 'TargetMouseOver' (a nil value)
I am also getting:
Code:
<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/AbilitiesInfo.lua"]:116: attempt to index field '?' (a number value)
Though I don't see what issue it may be causing...
it should work now :)

if you find more errors let me know, maybe there are other bugs that we've never even considered :D