• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the new runebook feature.
I'm having a problem bringing up the context window when I click on myself , an item or an NPC.
you must click twice or disable the context menu actions on the target window. You can also wait a couple of seconds or call the context menu from a healthbar/status.
There is no fix for that since the context menu requets from the game area is sent inside the client.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must click twice or disable the context menu actions on the target window. You can also wait a couple of seconds or call the context menu from a healthbar/status.
There is no fix for that since the context menu requets from the game area is sent inside the client.
Clicking twice or 10 times and it won't come up. How do I disable the context menus from the target window? I looked in Setup and in all the Actions?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clicking twice or 10 times and it won't come up. How do I disable the context menus from the target window? I looked in Setup and in all the Actions?
ok, that's a different story. Try now :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For some reason Pinco I now can't get context menus on NPC's when I click them... I have to actually click their BAR not on the NPC standing right in front of me to get the context menu.... what's up with that?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will check out the rune book on next login. to be honest between yours and Lucis's THose are the only 2 I use.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason Pinco I now can't get context menus on NPC's when I click them... I have to actually click their BAR not on the NPC standing right in front of me to get the context menu.... what's up with that?
assuming you are using the latest version, you have to click twice on the game area to get the context menu. Since I can't intercept the call made from the game are (is inside the client -.-) that's the best I can do. You can disable the context menu buttons from the current target if you want to use the single click again...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
assuming you are using the latest version, you have to click twice on the game area to get the context menu. Since I can't intercept the call made from the game are (is inside the client -.-) that's the best I can do. You can disable the context menu buttons from the current target if you want to use the single click again...
I can click the NPC a million times and never get the context menu... I can ONLY get it to work if I click on the healthbar of the NPC..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can click the NPC a million times and never get the context menu... I can ONLY get it to work if I click on the healthbar of the NPC..
it's working fine to me, are you sure you are using the latest version of the UI?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it's working fine to me, are you sure you are using the latest version of the UI?
I am sure... I go to get a trade deal and I can't get one... without clicking the actual bar of the NPC. I then go to buy goods from the NPC's I can't get the menu to come up if I click the NPC.... I have to click their bars.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure... I go to get a trade deal and I can't get one... without clicking the actual bar of the NPC. I then go to buy goods from the NPC's I can't get the menu to come up if I click the NPC.... I have to click their bars.
I can't replicate this, and it's the same problem zeke had, but for him it was fixed with the latest patch...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't replicate this, and it's the same problem zeke had, but for him it was fixed with the latest patch...
Was not fixed for me as of 12 hours ago.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged in this morning and found when I open a container and try to scroll down it just pops back to the top of the list.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just logged in this morning and found when I open a container and try to scroll down it just pops back to the top of the list.
Happened to me as well.
After I closed and reopened the container, it went back to normal.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could the runebook gump be made scaleable, please? The plant gump too, unless there is a spiffy new unified one incoming... *hint hint* :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi, found a bug in trying to create a 'chat' macro. I drag the 'chat' action from the actions gump into the macro, 'edit' to put in the text I wish to say in chat, and OK to create the macro, drag the macro to a hotbar and when I click on it all it says is Unknown Command. It does not say what I wish to say into chat. Any ideas on how to make this work, I am trying to promote a player run event? @Pinko

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to make the chat line (where you enter text) bigger? I've been playing on a 40" screen the last few days and it can be really hard to read.

In fact, most of the overhead chat fonts get a bit blurry too, but I'm guessing little can really be done about that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a way to make the chat line (where you enter text) bigger? I've been playing on a 40" screen the last few days and it can be really hard to read.

In fact, most of the overhead chat fonts get a bit blurry too, but I'm guessing little can really be done about that.
I agree I'm having a heck of a time trying to read that...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you playing in Windowed or Fullscreen mode?
I never play in full screen. How can I see who's trying to talk to me in ICQ? Or who's talking in Vent? I hate fullscreen...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, found a bug in trying to create a 'chat' macro. I drag the 'chat' action from the actions gump into the macro, 'edit' to put in the text I wish to say in chat, and OK to create the macro, drag the macro to a hotbar and when I click on it all it says is Unknown Command. It does not say what I wish to say into chat. Any ideas on how to make this work, I am trying to promote a player run event? @Pinko
try now :)

the chat line can't be changed, but if you read here: http://pincosui.wikia.com/wiki/Settings:Overhead_Text
  • Text Size +/-: increases/decreases the size of the overhead text.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, the new patcher engine it's done :)
Now it's more aggressive and it will keep all the UI files in good shape. It will also self destruct if it's installed in the wrong folder :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never play in full screen. How can I see who's trying to talk to me in ICQ? Or who's talking in Vent? I hate fullscreen...
The reason I asked that was I was playing in windowed mode and was having an awful time reading the text on the screen. One day I decided to try fullscreen and wow the difference in clarity and definition was incredible so I kept playing in it. And yes I hate it too for the same reasons you said but if i had to play windows mode again and it is still blurry, I think I'd give up on EC, these tired old eyes just couldn't take it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I asked that was I was playing in windowed mode and was having an awful time reading the text on the screen. One day I decided to try fullscreen and wow the difference in clarity and definition was incredible so I kept playing in it. And yes I hate it too for the same reasons you said but if i had to play windows mode again and it is still blurry, I think I'd give up on EC, these tired old eyes just couldn't take it.
remember that there is also the windowed fullscreen mode :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
remember that there is also the windowed fullscreen mode :p
How do you do that? I changed mine to Windowed and it looks no different so I unchecked my fullscreen box and left the windowed and it totally messed up my whole screen, made everything giant and fuzzy and moved everything I had on the screen.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you do that? I changed mine to Windowed and it looks no different so I unchecked my fullscreen box and left the windowed and it totally messed up my whole screen, made everything giant and fuzzy and moved everything I had on the screen.
use the option "Windowed fullscreen" how else? :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I have noticed that when I have a spell cast to target the cursor the target comes up but after a very short time it then stops and I have to cast again. I can't pre-cast spells and hold them on the cursor ready to cast.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, just got a message saying my Patcher is down level and to install a new one. I don't see an updated one at your site.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I have noticed that when I have a spell cast to target the cursor the target comes up but after a very short time it then stops and I have to cast again. I can't pre-cast spells and hold them on the cursor ready to cast.
I can't replicate this...

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this same problem, so I tried to find the cause. It seems that the cursor disappears when the 'current target' window disappears ( current target gets out of range). To replicate this I was able to click on an object ( any object will do ) then cast a spell, run about 1 screen away. When you get far enough away the current target window disappears and so does your cursor.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this same problem, so I tried to find the cause. It seems that the cursor disappears when the 'current target' window disappears ( current target gets out of range). To replicate this I was able to click on an object ( any object will do ) then cast a spell, run about 1 screen away. When you get far enough away the current target window disappears and so does your cursor.
try now :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have found myself unable to make Exodus sacrificial daggers using the advanced crafting gump.
Even though the buttons highlighted when all the components were inside a bag in my backpack, I couldn't click any of them.

I will do some extensive testing on all the blacksmith items available and post my findings here during the week.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found myself unable to make Exodus sacrificial daggers using the advanced crafting gump.
Even though the buttons highlighted when all the components were inside a bag in my backpack, I couldn't click any of them.

I will do some extensive testing on all the blacksmith items available and post my findings here during the week.
it could be the item id or the name of the material that is wrong. But if you can't provide item type id, hue id and the exact name I will be unable to do anything about it...

in the meantime here it is a little addition:
  • Now on each hotbar's item slot, you can choose to see the charges instead of the quantity. The quantity alert will work on charges instead (the optimal charges values is 10 for the quantity alert on charges instead of 20).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna-made character engravings are missing from the tooltip when you mouse over those who have them.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bear with me, I'm old and stupid.

View attachment 28168
From this screen I'm supposed to choose Use Fullscreen and Show Windowframe both?
Uhm... it looks like you're using an old version of the UI. I'd suggest you read through the first few pages of this thread and completely reinstall the UI.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna-made character engravings are missing from the tooltip when you mouse over those who have them.
bring me one of those on TC: Makoto Jima, 783, 1157. There is a public house there and a public backpack.
The house is located outside the north road of Zento. Thanks

Bear with me, I'm old and stupid.

View attachment 28168
From this screen I'm supposed to choose Use Fullscreen and Show Windowframe both?
that's the default UI, the windowed fullscreen is available only on the Pinco's UI :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bring me one of those on TC: Makoto Jima, 783, 1157. There is a public house there and a public backpack.
The house is located outside the north road of Zento. Thanks
The engraving is actually on a player character, they're like titles. So its not something that can be placed in a bag :confused:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope still says 'Unknown Command'

@Pinko : to create this macro I am opening the macro gump, selecting 'create', dragging the 'chat' icon from the actions menu into the macro box, right clicking and 'editing' the chat icon box to get the text entry part, putting in my message, pressing ok, then ok then dragging the macro to a hotbar. When clicking the icon in the hotbar it says 'unknown command' still. If I go to 'edit' it once created it shows the text I have put in but just won't work.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another problem I am having repeatedly is the UI closing down due to EC playsound.

I will log in and play for an hour or more, there is no real 'time' indicator then at some point I will get the following message appear: "This UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run ECPlaySound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the default interface. OK Button"

I then have to close down the whole client and restart. It seems to happen pretty much every day at some point, and is becoming a bit of pain. I am fully patched up and everything is installed in the correct folders etc. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uhm... it looks like you're using an old version of the UI. I'd suggest you read through the first few pages of this thread and completely reinstall the UI.
I have windowed full screen checked, and yet I get a full screen not in a window, so I can't switch apps or see the bottom of my desktop. I reinstalled and still have the same problem. What's going on with me?
windowed.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope still says 'Unknown Command'

@Pinko : to create this macro I am opening the macro gump, selecting 'create', dragging the 'chat' icon from the actions menu into the macro box, right clicking and 'editing' the chat icon box to get the text entry part, putting in my message, pressing ok, then ok then dragging the macro to a hotbar. When clicking the icon in the hotbar it says 'unknown command' still. If I go to 'edit' it once created it shows the text I have put in but just won't work.
try now

Another problem I am having repeatedly is the UI closing down due to EC playsound.

I will log in and play for an hour or more, there is no real 'time' indicator then at some point I will get the following message appear: "This UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run ECPlaySound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the default interface. OK Button"

I then have to close down the whole client and restart. It seems to happen pretty much every day at some point, and is becoming a bit of pain. I am fully patched up and everything is installed in the correct folders etc. Anyone else experiencing this?
you should use a desktop shortcut :D
anyway I have improved a bit EC PlaySound to avoid crashes, but make sure everything in the game folder has the "full control" set for the user "Everyone".

I have windowed full screen checked, and yet I get a full screen not in a window, so I can't switch apps or see the bottom of my desktop. I reinstalled and still have the same problem. What's going on with me?
View attachment 28182
that's how it works, it looks like fullscreen, but it's not. If you have just 1 monitor that mode is the same as fullscreen... if you have more than 1 monitors then you can actually get some real advantages from it, because you will be able to operate everything without having the screen flashing out from fullscreen everytime and blackening out the other screens.