• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any option to see the actual number of gold, commodities, et cetera when there are 1,000 or more of them in a stack instead of using '1K' for anything from 1,000 to 1,999? If not, is there any plan to include this? I would much rather see the actual number than this rounding down. This is a new way to display it in these beta 6.0 versions, and frankly I don't care for it.
just put the mouse over the item, there is a character limit on the containers slot and can't show correctly the numbers.

Since the search function isn't working on stratics anymore and there are 14 pages to this thread, can somebody remind me how to activate debug?
actions -> other -> debug window.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't replicate those, open the debug widow before entering in those areas and check for errors when something happen so I can have a clue...

try now

for the chat problem, try to delete the folder: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Variables

the containers should be ok now.
Thanks Pinco, I haven't played that much lately but the containers seem to be fixed, however I have followed your instructions on the chat window not rolling and it is still not working correctly, on any of my characters, on any of my accounts. I have done the above deletion of the folder and when I use the chat box journal eraser on user settings, it's ok until it gets the window full and then locks up again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco, I haven't played that much lately but the containers seem to be fixed, however I have followed your instructions on the chat window not rolling and it is still not working correctly, on any of my characters, on any of my accounts. I have done the above deletion of the folder and when I use the chat box journal eraser on user settings, it's ok until it gets the window full and then locks up again.
try to change font, font size or resize the chat window... it looks like in your pc the client fails to calculate the right size of the text and don't scrolls down, but I'm unable to replicate it in any way...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New strange one today. The required materials box seems to stick on my screen.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to craft rune books and moved my mouse over to see what I needed and that window just stayed there. Recall, move etc and it just sits there. Log out and it goes.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to craft rune books and moved my mouse over to see what I needed and that window just stayed there. Recall, move etc and it just sits there. Log out and it goes.
try now

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, when I place an item on the floor, nothing shows up when I mouse over it. When I go to lock it down, the target cursor doesn't show the item either. When I target it and it's locked down then it shows up.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, when I place an item on the floor, nothing shows up when I mouse over it. When I go to lock it down, the target cursor doesn't show the item either. When I target it and it's locked down then it shows up.
I've had this a few times. Also when looting items it seems to sometimes take a while for the item properties box to appear over the item.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as DjAd said the item properties may require time to update and show, and there is nothing that can be done to speed up things...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco not sure if it's a change to your UI or something in the EC or what but went down to the Abyss and the healthbars of the mobs were blinking in and out... I was trying to dispell a Revenant and I couldn't because the bar kept blinking on and off... I'd go to target the bar and it would be gone... then back and gone and back ..... I was killed because I couldn't target it...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All these problems that still keep popping up make me wonder if EC is just too buggy to build a stable UI on top of, despite Pinco's brilliant efforts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All these problems that still keep popping up make me wonder if EC is just too buggy to build a stable UI on top of, despite Pinco's brilliant efforts.
Probably..... I'm so disgusted with UO right now I should just keep quiet.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably..... I'm so disgusted with UO right now I should just keep quiet.
Me too, because of my chat journal locking up I got killed again today. I have done everything that Pinco has suggested and nothing works, if it can't be corrected,I'm gonna give up the EC for sure. It's gamebreaking when you can't see what's going on. Went to an event today and I must have had to hit the arrow on the bottom 30 times and at a danged event you dont' have time for that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Me too, because of my chat journal locking up I got killed again today. I have done everything that Pinco has suggested and nothing works, if it can't be corrected,I'm gonna give up the EC for sure. It's gamebreaking when you can't see what's going on. Went to an event today and I must have had to hit the arrow on the bottom 30 times and at a danged event you dont' have time for that.
I hear you there. I had my EM event on Tuesday night... and the "End Boss" spawned.... My computer locked up.... I froze up for over a minute while waiting to "die" ..... By the time I did die it crashed the client.... I had to reboot and get a rez.... after that I finally get back and well..... The boss is dead. Did I hit it? NO ..... couldn't even get looting rights. Disgusted I wait till it's "public" so I can try to at least pick up something "decent"...... I finally pop open the corpse I see Pinco's shows that at least the top 25 items are "relic" worthy..... but can I touch any of it NO...... my screen whites out and I get the "not responding" message for the game... I wait..... nothing..... Wait more...... NOTHING...... Then the game crashes and I'm back to desktop.... I reboot the client.... (mind you now I have to wait forever for Pinco's the Parse the files)...... I finally get back in game... try the corpse again same issue...... only this time my computer gets so pissed it reboots. By the time I get back in-game the corpse is GONE.

I ask what's going on....well they went back somewhere I missed the gate.... I'm like piss on this.... I "rage" log to spare my friends from listening to me rant about it. Off for the night too pissed to get back in-game.

This is pretty much how the EM events have been for me since they rolled this new base EC. I just want to scream in frustration and quit. I tried doing Exodus... almost the same issue. Soon as the corpse goes public it just locks up the client. Trying to loot things at Doom during the recent Doom arti thing was pretty much the same. Crash, crash, crash some more.... laggggg, Laaaggg..... laggg again... random crashing especially if I head lets say North then go "poop" and double back to the south.... crash for sure. Anytime I double back over myself crash. Massive crash.

Sadly I have a fair computer and I'm on Cable internet getting pings of 40 or less and my upload is over 100megs and downloads at 25 or better..... so WTF... I just want to slam my head into the desk at times. All I want to do is enjoy the events again. Is that so much to ask to be able to participate again? To be able to stay logged in and not be lagged out every 2 min..... and to be able to hit the freaking mob with out all this BS... and to freaking loot again. Seriously making me feel like I can't play anymore.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the problem is this: each line of the chat is a label that autoresize in height. The client has a bug on the labels that on some sentences the autoresize adds an additional line, but that additional line is not counted when the scrollable square updates (because it shouldn't exist) and so it creates some space. Add 1, add 2, add 3 of those lines and your journal has lost some lines.
Example if you have a label "Pinco", this is how it should be:
Code:
---------
| PINCO |
---------
instead sometimes became:
Code:
---------
| PINCO |
|       |
---------
and the second empty line is not counted because it shouldn't exist.

mind you now I have to wait forever for Pinco's the Parse the files
you should create a shortcut to EC PlaySound and run the patcher once a day ;)

Also turn off the loot sort, it might improve a bit the performaces.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the problem is this: each line of the chat is a label that autoresize in height. The client has a bug on the labels that on some sentences the autoresize adds an additional line, but that additional line is not counted when the scrollable square updates (because it shouldn't exist) and so it creates some space. Add 1, add 2, add 3 of those lines and your journal has lost some lines.
Example if you have a label "Pinco", this is how it should be:
Code:
---------
| PINCO |
---------
instead sometimes became:
Code:
---------
| PINCO |
|       |
---------
and the second empty line is not counted because it shouldn't exist. QUOTE]

So this means I'm SOL and nothing can be done?
I have resized the fonts but I went in and changed them all to size 20 which is the smallest I can read and it still does it. I have deleted that folder you suggested several times. I have used the eraser many many times to erase the journal. Is there anything at all that I can do to stop it? It seems it must be something I'm doing because I see no one else complaining.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have resized the fonts but I went in and changed them all to size 20 which is the smallest I can read and it still does it. I have deleted that folder you suggested several times. I have used the eraser many many times to erase the journal. Is there anything at all that I can do to stop it? It seems it must be something I'm doing because I see no one else complaining.
perhaps is the UI scale? have you tried to change it a little?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perhaps is the UI scale? have you tried to change it a little?
No, it is still set at 100. I don't think i can shrink it and see stuff but I'll go in and try to lower it to maybe 90, might that work?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is still set at 100. I don't think i can shrink it and see stuff but I'll go in and try to lower it to maybe 90, might that work?
no idea, you have to try and see what happens :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have my UI scale set at about 80... Perhaps that's something.... I also set most of my "chat" to 20 and 24 for GM chat. So I REALLY "see" it.

Also @Pinco... is there some reason why saying you don't want to "see" you see messages still gives you them? I seem to "see" an awful lot despite having the "you see" message spam turned off... I finally had to go in on every character and uncheck each and every individual "you see" thing on the list in options to finally stop the messages spamming my screen and lagging me out.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's an eraser under the User Settings - Chat tab that clears the journal - I hit that every 10 minutes or so to keep it from locking up, so you don't have to scroll with the arrow

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an eraser under the User Settings - Chat tab that clears the journal - I hit that every 10 minutes or so to keep it from locking up, so you don't have to scroll with the arrow
Ah, so I'm not the only one that has this problem, good, misery loves company ya know.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no idea, you have to try and see what happens :D
I changed my UI to 95 last night and did a little bit of moving around and that seems to have fixed it, but I have to check further. Thanks very much for all your suggestions and help, hopefully this will solve it. Your fast replies are such a pleasure in this "No help" UO world, thanks!!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye, I use Pinco's as much as I can but sometimes have to switch back to the EC when bandages start disappearing from my backpack in the middle of a battle or I can't get the insurance or vendor search menu to come up on a character no matter how much I click. *sigh*

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I use Pinco's as much as I can but sometimes have to switch back to the EC when bandages start disappearing from my backpack in the middle of a battle or I can't get the insurance or vendor search menu to come up on a character no matter how much I click. *sigh*
the vendor search and insurance problem is related to the profile because the location it's probably saved outside the screen...

For the backpack check for errors on the debug window before it happens (if you can replicate it...).

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, can I please ask for what I hope is a simple change to the target bar for the Skara Huntmaster? Adding "Get Hunting Permit" to the bar so I don't have to click him, mouse down and select get hunting permit 20 times when I'm buying my permits (see below pic). If it's a major change then forget about it. Thanks

upload_2015-1-30_10-17-40.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, can I please ask for what I hope is a simple change to the target bar for the Skara Huntmaster? Adding "Get Hunting Permit" to the bar so I don't have to click him, mouse down and select get hunting permit 20 times when I'm buying my permits (see below pic). If it's a major change then forget about it. Thanks

View attachment 28588
make a list of all the missing commands so I can do that change just once :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, not sure what you mean by commands, you can only click him and have the 3 options in the above pic (Open Paperdoll, Claim Rewards and Get Hunting Permit).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, not sure what you mean by commands, you can only click him and have the 3 options in the above pic (Open Paperdoll, Claim Rewards and Get Hunting Permit).
Those commands on the context menu... I mean for other NPCs too like trade quest, etc...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So Pinco I don't know what's up but one of my characters can't seem to use the Vendor Search..... everytime I bring it up it flashes and blinks about 3 or 4 times and then goes away.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'd delete and rebuild the profile to fix?
or open it and see if you can find the vendorsearch line, the insurance menu should be gump999071. Then remove those lines and should be it :p

So Pinco I don't know what's up but one of my characters can't seem to use the Vendor Search..... everytime I bring it up it flashes and blinks about 3 or 4 times and then goes away.
that happens when you don't have the price sort active, you have to activate it with the old default UI or CC and it should do.

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this same problem. If i put something on the floor from my backpack and mouse over it nothing shows up. I waited 10 minutes crossed server lines and went through moongates when I came back the item still showed nothing when mouse over.

If I use default UI it works ok.
If someone else puts something on the floor it works ok.
If I put a pouch full of items on the floor it works ok.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this same problem. If i put something on the floor from my backpack and mouse over it nothing shows up. I waited 10 minutes crossed server lines and went through moongates when I came back the item still showed nothing when mouse over.

If I use default UI it works ok.
If someone else puts something on the floor it works ok.
If I put something down on the floor from my paperdoll, it seems ok.
If I put a pouch full of items on the floor it works ok.
check if some error pop out on the debug window when you do that because I can't replicate it...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have the problem as well and no error in debug. If I log off and back on then I can see the item. This happens anywhere I drop an item down, inside my house or anywhere outside. Also when I go to lock it down, I don't see the item window when my targeting cursor is over it. When locked down it shows tho.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have the problem as well and no error in debug. If I log off and back on then I can see the item. This happens anywhere I drop an item down, inside my house or anywhere outside. Also when I go to lock it down, I don't see the item window when my targeting cursor is over it. When locked down it shows tho.
I may have found something, try now if it works :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@pinko found a bug in the bod crafting. Crafted 15 normal spined shoes, when hitting the 'auto' fill button you get the message "you don't have enough items to fill the bulk order" although 15 spined shoes are in the backpack. When you select combine and get the target cursor they combine as they should. That was the only bod combining I found a problem with this crafting session :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@pinko found a bug in the bod crafting. Crafted 15 normal spined shoes, when hitting the 'auto' fill button you get the message "you don't have enough items to fill the bulk order" although 15 spined shoes are in the backpack. When you select combine and get the target cursor they combine as they should. That was the only bod combining I found a problem with this crafting session :p
was it possible that the shoes you had were all exceptional?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, was looking at the Smart Target Actions and was wondering if you can add Smart Nearest Enemy, Smart Next Enemy and Smart Last Enemy. Since these use the Mobiles to exclude targets, I will no longer target EV's and Rising Col's when I'm using the current versions of these actions. Target Next or Nearest Enemy almost always targets summons 1st it seems and since I exclude them from my mobiles bars that would no longer be an issue. Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, was looking at the Smart Target Actions and was wondering if you can add Smart Nearest Enemy, Smart Next Enemy and Smart Last Enemy. Since these use the Mobiles to exclude targets, I will no longer target EV's and Rising Col's when I'm using the current versions of these actions. Target Next or Nearest Enemy almost always targets summons 1st it seems and since I exclude them from my mobiles bars that would no longer be an issue. Thanks
just use the smart next/nearest that is already available. It uses the mobiles bar filters so it won't select summons if those are disabled on the mobiles bar...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just use the smart next/nearest that is already available. It uses the mobiles bar filters so it won't select summons if those are disabled on the mobiles bar...
Understand, but it also targets Friends and Innocents since I have those set up for healing guildies and others.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably but i cant craft them normal due to legendary status
now should work, it's mostly a problem of item names... let me know if you find more of this bods.

Understand, but it also targets Friends and Innocents since I have those set up for healing guildies and others.
we'll see in the future, for now the budget is too low to create new actions...

Gizmostank

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey Pinco

I installed your UI yesterday following the setup instructions and the install went well the patcher patched and launches the game however when the game starts there is no indication that the UI is active. Im either missing the turn on button of the recent UO patch has disabled it?

any information? Ive scowered the internet to determine how to activate the UI but I haven't found anything.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco

I installed your UI yesterday following the setup instructions and the install went well the patcher patched and launches the game however when the game starts there is no indication that the UI is active. Im either missing the turn on button of the recent UO patch has disabled it?

any information? Ive scowered the internet to determine how to activate the UI but I haven't found anything.
When you are at the login screen click "custom ui" and make sure pinco is selected.