Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS Petra Begins Fourth Year as UOSS Managing Editor

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Taylor, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than you VIP Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

Today is a very special day for the Ultima Online Stratics Section (UOSS) community. Specifically, 4 April 2012 marks Petra’s 3-year anniversary as the UOSS Managing Editor.

To call Petra a “big deal” would be an understatement. When I rejoined Stratics post-2008 crash, UOSS was widely viewed by players as a nice resource, but woefully outdated. In fact, the most recent static content update had been made in 2006. When Petra assumed the ME role in April 2009, this reputation slowly began to shift.

Petra, with the help of her fabulous team of volunteers, has successfully restored UOSS’s reputation as an up-to-date catalogue of UO-related information. She also led the migration of over 2,000 pages and posts from our previous content management system to WordPress. Lastly, she and Magdalene have collectively assumed responsibility for managing Stratics Forums.

Petra works UO Stratics as if it were a full-time job, even though she’s never been given a penny for doing so. She logs into our Skype staff chat before I leave for work every day and logs off after I return home. Her hard work, professionalism, grace, and flexibility make her one of the greatest things that have ever happened to our network.

Please join me in congratulating Petra as she enters her fourth year as the UOSS ME. Thank you, Petra, and congratulations!

Shelleybean, mspossi, Gem and 14 others like this.
  2. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable

There are not thanks enough for Petra.

9174149.gif

but here is one from me.

3. Larisa

Larisa UO Origin News Reporter Staff Gamecaster Stratics Veteran Stratics Editor

OMG 3 years?? That's amazing! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have you Petra, congrats Granny, you deserve it! :heart:

4. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess Staff Alumnus

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

Gratz! :)

6. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable

Congratz Petra its great to have you at the helm.

7. Petra - Congratulations and Thank You!!

Where's the party? Who's bringing cake?

I can't wait for the 30th Anniversary!

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

Congrats!! :grouphug:

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

awwshucks.jpg

Nah, you'll go and make me big headed, and that will never do
    As the designated driver of this 'bus' I'm glad I've managed to keep it safely on the 'road' for the past 3 years. We had a few 'flat tyres' and the odd 'lube change' but she's still chugging merrily along as we head into year 4 together.

Opinions will differ over the exact length of this 'bus', but we'll not go into that too deeply.

I couldn't do it without the support and help of the best darn team I could ever hope for. The Stratics team are awesome.

Bella, Dayton, Sevin0oo0 and 6 others like this.
  10. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend VIP

Thanks for everything you do! It's greatly appreciated!!!

Happy Anniversary! Here's to 10 more!

-Grimm

Sevin0oo0, AirmidCecht and Syrus like this.
  11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator Staff Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Happy Anniversary To a great Lady ! And one heck of a bus driver~

I know sometimes it has to seem like its "The short bus"

12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot Stratics Veteran

:danceb:You did good driving of this bus kiddo... keep up the good work!:p

13. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman

Congrats Petra!! We haven't been too active on Stratics in the past few years, drowning completely in non-UO related correspondence; but we do appreciate all you do and have done for Stratics all the same!!

14. Baruk_S

Baruk_S Adventurer

Congrats!

15. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran Stratics Veteran

Blink to long and it will be 3 more years.

16. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable Stratics Veteran

Congrats!

17. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid Stratics Pro Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

Petra,

Thank you. Sincerely and with a ton of gratitude.

*hugs you*

18. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator Staff Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And, she's actually been helping improve it for much longer than the 3 years as ME. She was put in charge of finding people to update content pages 4 years ago, just in time for the crash.

When the 2008 crash happened, she was having me update some of the crafting pages, and I'd completed at least the blacksmith page and put it up. I was LITERALLY uploading either the new Tailor or Mining page, when the feces hit the impeller, and had to sit on it 2-3 months until the restored Stratics was ready for it.

19. BeaIank

BeaIank Lore Master

Congratulations. :)

AirmidCecht likes this.
  20. Syrinx

Syrinx Guest

Yay! Go Petra!

AirmidCecht likes this.
  21. Perta is Beyond Belief...

AirmidCecht likes this.
  22. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran

Congrats!
    and tks for all your help

AirmidCecht likes this.
  23. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage Staff Alumnus

I agree with all the above in regards to Petra and the UO forums here. After returning to Britannia following a 5 year absence, I saw her name everywhere I looked on these forums. I could tell that she was putting in an enormous amount of time. And as with all the volunteers that have anything to do with Ultima Online, it's obviously a labor of love.

Thanks, Petra for all that you have and will do to keep all of us as informed as possible about this world we all love so much for so many reasons!

AirmidCecht likes this.
  24. jskalski

jskalski Franchise Producer VIP

Congrats Petra and thanks for all your efforts.

/bow

Sevin0oo0, AirmidCecht and Syrus like this.
  25. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks for all your hard work Petra, its been great working with you and look foward to many more years.

AirmidCecht and Syrus like this.
  26. Banner

Banner Guest

Petra, thank you so so much for the time that you have put into driving this bus load of wild and crazy folks. And we all hope that you'll be driving (the bus) us crazy for the next one hundred gazillion years

AirmidCecht likes this.
  27. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer VIP

Congrats Petra! Thanks again for all your time, hard work, and effort.

AirmidCecht and Syrus like this.
  28. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran Stratics Veteran

3 years? Then onto another 3... or 30 even? ;)

Congrats, Petra, and WTG! *hugs*

29. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid Stratics Pro Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

I had no idea Petra had a song :D

30. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins. Stratics Pro Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gilfane

Exactly! Congratulations and thank you, Petra !

:)

31. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congrats Petra! Thanks for all your commitment and hard work!

32. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Slightly Crazed Stratics Veteran

Congrats and Thank You!!!!

33. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria Stratics Pro Stratics Veteran

ACW

Thank you for all your, Time, Effort, and tireless support to this community and the Mods!

34. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

Congrats and thank you for all you do... especially for the behind the scenes stuff that nobody really realizes you do. Here's to many more years of you at the helm :beer:

35. Dayton

Dayton Journeyman Staff Alumnus

Congratz!!
    I look forward to your next 20 anniversaries

36. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

Congratulations Petra.
    Thannk you for everything you do M'lady.

37. Flutter

Flutter Social Marketing Manager Senior Staff Gamecaster Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congrats to Petra.

But THIS is the thread the dev team decides to comment on? Really?

38. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than you VIP Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

My thread is special. I posted first. :cool2:

Rhiannon likes this.
  39. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator Staff Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congrats kiddo, on keeping us all on board & in the bus... Some of us fall out of the window sometimes looking at things :eek:

Bella likes this.
  40. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay, but again, how was Petra used to change UO for the better? JK lol play on my question in the UOGuide thread =) I know Petra's efforts well and she is great ;)

41. Petra Fyde

:) Thank you for all the good wishes. I'll do my best to not let you down.

If anyone has an interest in joining my motley crew please don't hesitate to drop me a note, especially reporters.

If you're not quite sure but would like to try it out there's a sort of halfway house position of 'contributor' which allows you to create news posts on our wordpress site, subject to approval, without taking the step of actually joining staff. You also get access to our fancy blue 'news' prefix on the boards :D

There are a couple of spots for moderators too, if you feel you have the right temperment for the task. You need to be even tempered, unbiased, know your topic and be willing to take the time to answer questions when someone needs help. There's a lot of 'turn the other cheek' required in being a moderator, you will get a ton and a half of abuse thrown at you. Some people are firmly convinced that the rules simply don't apply to them.

Lady Tia likes this.
  42. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

Congrats Granny! We love you and thank you for everything you do!

43. Petra Fyde

heheh, while I'm not exactly in the first flush of youth, I don't think I'm quite in the same age-bracket as the Petra that song is about. :D

44. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper Stratics Veteran

WOOT! Congratulations Petra!! You are doing a great job. *bows*

45. Kinda makes you nostalgic for a mullet, doesn't it?

46. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran

I :heart: Petra

47. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed Stratics Veteran

Congrats Petra! A job well done! still in progress but a job well done!

48. Rosalinda

Rosalinda Journeyman

Congrats, Petra! Thank you so much for all your hard work and patience, and for making UO a better place :)

49. QueenZen

QueenZen Stratics Legend Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye congrats and thank you for all your hard work and patience !
    :)
    But ... I miss seeing ye on Siege, missy, cuz ye soo busy here.

:(

50. I says ahoy mate, ans I sends a harty, "Job Well Done!" ta ads ta what's been said already. We pirate brethern at Red Skull Bay and the Jolly Roger Inn, Catskills, say Petra we think fer a wench, ya done good! har, har. Thank ye mate. yer friends ~ Blind Tom; Captain Trinsic; Hook; Scarst, and the whole crew.

AirmidCecht likes this.