• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Petra Begins Fourth Year as UOSS Managing Editor

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Today is a very special day for the Ultima Online Stratics Section (UOSS) community. Specifically, 4 April 2012 marks Petra’s 3-year anniversary as the UOSS Managing Editor.

To call Petra a “big deal” would be an understatement. When I rejoined Stratics post-2008 crash, UOSS was widely viewed by players as a nice resource, but woefully outdated. In fact, the most recent static content update had been made in 2006. When Petra assumed the ME role in April 2009, this reputation slowly began to shift.

Petra, with the help of her fabulous team of volunteers, has successfully restored UOSS’s reputation as an up-to-date catalogue of UO-related information. She also led the migration of over 2,000 pages and posts from our previous content management system to WordPress. Lastly, she and Magdalene have collectively assumed responsibility for managing Stratics Forums.

Petra works UO Stratics as if it were a full-time job, even though she’s never been given a penny for doing so. She logs into our Skype staff chat before I leave for work every day and logs off after I return home. Her hard work, professionalism, grace, and flexibility make her one of the greatest things that have ever happened to our network.

Please join me in congratulating Petra as she enters her fourth year as the UOSS ME. Thank you, Petra, and congratulations!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OMG 3 years?? That's amazing! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have you Petra, congrats Granny, you deserve it! :heart:

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratz Petra its great to have you at the helm.

O

Old Man of UO

Petra - Congratulations and Thank You!!

Where's the party? Who's bringing cake?

I can't wait for the 30th Anniversary!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awwshucks.jpg

Nah, you'll go and make me big headed, and that will never do
As the designated driver of this 'bus' I'm glad I've managed to keep it safely on the 'road' for the past 3 years. We had a few 'flat tyres' and the odd 'lube change' but she's still chugging merrily along as we head into year 4 together.

Opinions will differ over the exact length of this 'bus', but we'll not go into that too deeply.

I couldn't do it without the support and help of the best darn team I could ever hope for. The Stratics team are awesome.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Happy Anniversary To a great Lady ! And one heck of a bus driver~

I know sometimes it has to seem like its "The short bus"

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Congrats Petra!! We haven't been too active on Stratics in the past few years, drowning completely in non-UO related correspondence; but we do appreciate all you do and have done for Stratics all the same!!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Petra,

Thank you. Sincerely and with a ton of gratitude.

*hugs you*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, she's actually been helping improve it for much longer than the 3 years as ME. She was put in charge of finding people to update content pages 4 years ago, just in time for the crash.

When the 2008 crash happened, she was having me update some of the crafting pages, and I'd completed at least the blacksmith page and put it up. I was LITERALLY uploading either the new Tailor or Mining page, when the feces hit the impeller, and had to sit on it 2-3 months until the restored Stratics was ready for it.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with all the above in regards to Petra and the UO forums here. After returning to Britannia following a 5 year absence, I saw her name everywhere I looked on these forums. I could tell that she was putting in an enormous amount of time. And as with all the volunteers that have anything to do with Ultima Online, it's obviously a labor of love.

Thanks, Petra for all that you have and will do to keep all of us as informed as possible about this world we all love so much for so many reasons!

B

Banner

Petra, thank you so so much for the time that you have put into driving this bus load of wild and crazy folks. And we all hope that you'll be driving (the bus) us crazy for the next one hundred gazillion years

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 years? Then onto another 3... or 30 even? ;)

Congrats, Petra, and WTG! *hugs*

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....Her hard work, professionalism, grace, and flexibility make her one of the greatest things that have ever happened to our network.... Thank you, Petra, and congratulations!
Exactly! Congratulations and thank you, Petra !

:)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank you for all your, Time, Effort, and tireless support to this community and the Mods!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Congrats and thank you for all you do... especially for the behind the scenes stuff that nobody really realizes you do. Here's to many more years of you at the helm :beer:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Congrats to Petra.

But THIS is the thread the dev team decides to comment on? Really?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats kiddo, on keeping us all on board & in the bus... Some of us fall out of the window sometimes looking at things :eek:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, but again, how was Petra used to change UO for the better? JK lol play on my question in the UOGuide thread =) I know Petra's efforts well and she is great ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Thank you for all the good wishes. I'll do my best to not let you down.

If anyone has an interest in joining my motley crew please don't hesitate to drop me a note, especially reporters.

If you're not quite sure but would like to try it out there's a sort of halfway house position of 'contributor' which allows you to create news posts on our wordpress site, subject to approval, without taking the step of actually joining staff. You also get access to our fancy blue 'news' prefix on the boards :D

There are a couple of spots for moderators too, if you feel you have the right temperment for the task. You need to be even tempered, unbiased, know your topic and be willing to take the time to answer questions when someone needs help. There's a lot of 'turn the other cheek' required in being a moderator, you will get a ton and a half of abuse thrown at you. Some people are firmly convinced that the rules simply don't apply to them.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Granny! We love you and thank you for everything you do!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today is a very special day for the Ultima Online Stratics Section (UOSS) community. Specifically, 4 April 2012 marks Petra’s 3-year anniversary as the UOSS Managing Editor.

To call Petra a “big deal” would be an understatement. When I rejoined Stratics post-2008 crash, UOSS was widely viewed by players as a nice resource, but woefully outdated. In fact, the most recent static content update had been made in 2006. When Petra assumed the ME role in April 2009, this reputation slowly began to shift.

Petra, with the help of her fabulous team of volunteers, has successfully restored UOSS’s reputation as an up-to-date catalogue of UO-related information. She also led the migration of over 2,000 pages and posts from our previous content management system to WordPress. Lastly, she and Magdalene have collectively assumed responsibility for managing Stratics Forums.

Petra works UO Stratics as if it were a full-time job, even though she’s never been given a penny for doing so. She logs into our Skype staff chat before I leave for work every day and logs off after I return home. Her hard work, professionalism, grace, and flexibility make her one of the greatest things that have ever happened to our network.

Please join me in congratulating Petra as she enters her fourth year as the UOSS ME. Thank you, Petra, and congratulations!
Congrats Petra! A job well done! still in progress but a job well done!

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats, Petra! Thank you so much for all your hard work and patience, and for making UO a better place :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye congrats and thank you for all your hard work and patience !
:)
But ... I miss seeing ye on Siege, missy, cuz ye soo busy here.

:(

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I says ahoy mate, ans I sends a harty, "Job Well Done!" ta ads ta what's been said already. We pirate brethern at Red Skull Bay and the Jolly Roger Inn, Catskills, say Petra we think fer a wench, ya done good! har, har. Thank ye mate. yer friends ~ Blind Tom; Captain Trinsic; Hook; Scarst, and the whole crew.