• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pay outs

J

jackdoe

Why not try this :

EA Land - Keep "Cash Out" feature and keep the economy exactly as it is..

TC3 - Has no "Cash Out" feature so remove the new economy and allow players to make money however they want (within the legal bounds of the game)

Everyone will be happy then...at the moment this game is NOT fun even for free players , you know something is not right with a game even when the free players complain about how boring the game is....

This will at least show EA exactly what the players want by which server sees the most play

All you people who are praising the devs for what they are doing with the economy are making things worse, all you are doing is agreeing for agreeing sake, this game wont be around for long as it is, so wake up or loose it forever.....

EA Land = Extortion A-Plenty Land

G

It is the pizza, don't mess with it! LOL Pizza addicts will go off on you. Large Supreme is now 25. OMG The Pizza Gods are angry.

G

I think we all know that no matter what they do in this game, there will always be those who complain. I agree things need to be fixed, and I don't know what the payouts are in EA Land vs TC3, but I also understand the game is still in BETA stage at this point, so i think its premature to suggest that EA/Maxis would screw themselves by making the game boring on purpose. EA isn't in the business of losing money, they are known to jump way quickly from a project if its not profitable, so the fact that they are even working on it is a good sign in my book.

My solution is simply not to pay until things are balanced out, but that's everyone's call to make on their own.

G

LOL it is 5 (1 to skill bonus 4 for the pizza) total payout on a small with a maxed team. I checked to see if my sims were all on the right spot and they were. A large supreme is 25. Medium Supreme 17. I was going to do a list of all the dif sizes of pizza. I just didn't have the heart for it. I would like to see a thread here with no complaints, listing all the payouts. From day to day. I would start that thread myself but I figure it would be mucked up within an hour.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why not try this :

TC3 - Has no "Cash Out" feature so remove the new economy and allow players to make money however they want (within the legal bounds of the game)

Everyone will be happy then...at the moment this game is NOT fun even for free players , you know something is not right with a game even when the free players complain about how boring the game is....

This will at least show EA exactly what the players want by which server sees the most play

All you people who are praising the devs for what they are doing with the economy are making things worse, all you are doing is agreeing for agreeing sake, this game wont be around for long as it is, so wake up or loose it forever.....

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to do this they'd have to make money trading officially against the Terms of Service, since in the system you suggest a person could make the money 'the easy way' in TC3, pay a trader the normal 10% to transfer it to EA Land and then cash it out there, only losing the 10% in the process. They can still do that now, but at least they have to work for their simoleans equally in TC3 as they would in EA Land so there's not a real incentive to do it, other than only having to skill one set of sims instead of 2.

The majority of sims are complaining because they have varying degrees of *instant gratification* syndrome. Some want size 8 lots in a day, others are happy not to be able to make it in a day as long as they can make it in a week, others still are happy not to be able to make it in a week as long as they can make it in a month. There should be very few, if any goals in game that can be achieved in one day playing time, and only a few more that can be achieved in a week's playing time. Right now there's plenty I can do in game in a reasonable amount of time.

<ul> [*]in 2 shifts at my sim job I can buy a non-rare pet. Add two or 3 more shifts to that and I can get every accessory that pet needs in 2 shifts at my sim job I can buy a non-rare pet. Add two or 3 more [*]in 10 shifts of my sim job I have even seen stores selling rare pets that I can by (priced 10k) [*]in 20-25 shifts of my sim job I will be able to purchase one of each of the money making objects should I decide to open a private money lot so I can teach myself to lead pizza, maze and code without having to worry about other sims screaming at me that I'm not leading fast enough. I won't lead IM pizza until I am good at it. [/list]

Those are just a few off the top of my head....with a little bit of thought other people can come up with others. The whole thing boils down to what individuals consider *reasonable*. In game terms, the idea of a reasonable amount of time is changing. We are used to 10k a case payouts plus making $300-$600 on our own per case with max skill. With those kinds of payouts having been the 'norm', its not surprising that people are shell-shocked at having to adapt to this new world and new game. My hope is that the most dedicated will stick it out and make the transition, until there is a time that they no longer remember those outlandish payouts as vividly. The instant gratification sims will quit, but that's no surprise. I believe you are wrong when you say that the instant gratification players outnumber the dedicated ones that will stay around no matter what, more likely it is just the ones who are regulars at the houses you frequent that have that mindset, and since its' said repeatedly by those same sims, it creates the illusion that the opinion is shared by a larger number of people.....when in fact its just the same people droning on ad nauseum.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why not try this :

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to do this they'd have to make money trading officially against the Terms of Service, since in the system you suggest a person could make the money 'the easy way' in TC3, pay a trader the normal 10% to transfer it to EA Land and then cash it out there, only losing the 10% in the process. They can still do that now, but at least they have to work for their simoleans equally in TC3 as they would in EA Land so there's not a real incentive to do it, other than only having to skill one set of sims instead of 2.

The majority of sims are complaining because they have varying degrees of *instant gratification* syndrome. Some want size 8 lots in a day, others are happy not to be able to make it in a day as long as they can make it in a week, others still are happy not to be able to make it in a week as long as they can make it in a month. There should be very few, if any goals in game that can be achieved in one day playing time, and only a few more that can be achieved in a week's playing time. Right now there's plenty I can do in game in a reasonable amount of time.

<ul> [*]in 2 shifts at my sim job I can buy a non-rare pet. Add two or 3 more shifts to that and I can get every accessory that pet needs in 2 shifts at my sim job I can buy a non-rare pet. Add two or 3 more [*]in 10 shifts of my sim job I have even seen stores selling rare pets that I can by (priced 10k) [*]in 20-25 shifts of my sim job I will be able to purchase one of each of the money making objects should I decide to open a private money lot so I can teach myself to lead pizza, maze and code without having to worry about other sims screaming at me that I'm not leading fast enough. I won't lead IM pizza until I am good at it. [/list]
Those are just a few off the top of my head....with a little bit of thought other people can come up with others. The whole thing boils down to what individuals consider *reasonable*. In game terms, the idea of a reasonable amount of time is changing. We are used to 10k a case payouts plus making $300-$600 on our own per case with max skill. With those kinds of payouts having been the 'norm', its not surprising that people are shell-shocked at having to adapt to this new world and new game. My hope is that the most dedicated will stick it out and make the transition, until there is a time that they no longer remember those outlandish payouts as vividly. The instant gratification sims will quit, but that's no surprise. I believe you are wrong when you say that the instant gratification players outnumber the dedicated ones that will stay around no matter what, more likely it is just the ones who are regulars at the houses you frequent that have that mindset, and since its' said repeatedly by those same sims, it creates the illusion that the opinion is shared by a larger number of people.....when in fact its just the same people droning on ad nauseum.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I have bolded is a mode of play that suits you but don't you see a pattern? in a word....work!
I am sure I am not alone, but I never really liked sim jobs so I did other things to earn money. Single and group money objects have always been a favourite of mine, but the way things work at the moment has destroyed that aspect of the game.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that things might change in the future because I do not really want to sit down at the computer, after a hards day real life work, only to start work....again.
If the path this game is following suits you, I am happy for you but it is not my cup of tea.
I am all for change but at the moment Ealand resembles a tree that has been pruned by someone with a blindfold on.
I have subscribed continuously since I joined in October 2002 and I have no plans to quit.
I would like to see what the devs have up their sleeves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those are just a few off the top of my head....with a little bit of thought other people can come up with others. The whole thing boils down to what individuals consider *reasonable*. In game terms, the idea of a reasonable amount of time is changing. We are used to 10k a case payouts plus making $300-$600 on our own per case with max skill. With those kinds of payouts having been the 'norm', its not surprising that people are shell-shocked at having to adapt to this new world and new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider it unreasonable to expect my sim to be able to work, make money, and not spend it all hosting a party, buying prizes to give out (I have an entertainment house) and well, live. I spend a good portion of game nowadays pretty much ... working. And that's it. I've hosted all of one party since CC merged, which sucks. The rest of my time is spent either skilling to keep my decay at bay, and trying to pizza to "earn my fair share" as someone put it.

With this most recent lowering of payouts, I really feel that the devs are asking us to use ATMs more. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner. I work, skill, work some more. The last party I threw has almost done my sim in. I have enough probably for one more party at some point, and the rest of my sim life is spent skilling and working? Seriously, come on. I'm not saying payouts need to be what they were pre-merge. I AM saying payouts should be so that skilling is worthwhile, having a skillhouse is worth the time and effort skill house owners put into having one and keeping it open (without needing to BEG for tips, tyvm), and that I should have the option of NOT working if I so choose. I'm a paying customer, I should be given the option, hello.

I understand that EA needs to find a way to become more profitable. That's fine, I get that. It's a business after all.

Seems though, that instead of trying to suck out cash from those of us who ARE here, there could be changes being made to attract more players. For example, CC is nice but uh ... what's with the crappy graphics from 1990? That change alone could turn some more people on to playing this game more, bring in more players and make more money for this company.

Please guys, this is a GAME. Not WORK. I work 8+ hours a day in RL then come home to chase my kids around the house till their bed time. When I come to play Sims, it's to have fun. Not log on to work again. I can't even play around with my house layout any more because I can't afford to buy floor tiles. That's just wrong.

And y'all can flame me for saying it. I really don't care, it just needs to be said.

S

Shyanne1

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game is basically a huge chatroom. It alway's was. Now though, here are the rewards...you skill hours and hours to make $50 a skill item to buy a $99,000 pizza machine that pays out less than doing one skill object. You buy a lot, furnish it so that other people can do the same thing. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me exactly what acheivements we are striving for? The top 100 list. Well, now you don't even get a bonus so who cares? At least with the botters here many houses had money to hold interesting contests and games so that coming here and chatting was fun. Now it's mundane and boring. Put the bonus back in for having a popular house but don't base it on visitor hours. Base it on votes. One vote, one house per week in each category. That would be something to acheive instead of having sims AFK in houses just so they can rack up visitor hours.

Come on developers! Put some FUN into the game. I'm begging you. What happened to playing blackjack with other sims and all the other ideas that would of made interacting FUN. There is only so much chat you can look at while staring at your screen. Even trying to start conversations falls flat. In a typical house the chat consists of "can you make homecooking", "can someone sing to me", "omg, the rooms red, you better get the mechanic over here". Not to mention the "lol", lmao, lmfao, and all that. I've only been back for a month and honestly I'd rather attend a knitting class with my grandma than to have to stare at a screen for hours. For all they hype that EA Land was going to be different I see nothing except a few CC graphics I can look at while staring at the screen.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone really has such bad attitudes about this. I've been working hard and saving my money to get what I need. Why is that a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wish I already made my money.

Cause it sure is not easy now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats messed up!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL it is 5 (1 to skill bonus 4 for the pizza) total payout on a small with a maxed team. I checked to see if my sims were all on the right spot and they were. A large supreme is 25. Medium Supreme 17. I was going to do a list of all the dif sizes of pizza. I just didn't have the heart for it. I would like to see a thread here with no complaints, listing all the payouts. From day to day. I would start that thread myself but I figure it would be mucked up within an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go. These are in EA-Land Units

as of 3-23-08

Small Pizza 4 supreme 8

Medium Pizza 8 supreme 17

Large Pizza 15 supreme 24

Plus you may earn a 1 unit skill bonus.

Also, I have heard the owner does not get a bonus.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why not try this :

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I have bolded is a mode of play that suits you but don't you see a pattern? in a word....work!
I am sure I am not alone, but I never really liked sim jobs so I did other things to earn money. Single and group money objects have always been a favourite of mine, but the way things work at the moment has destroyed that aspect of the game.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that things might change in the future because I do not really want to sit down at the computer, after a hards day real life work, only to start work....again.
If the path this game is following suits you, I am happy for you but it is not my cup of tea.
I am all for change but at the moment Ealand resembles a tree that has been pruned by someone with a blindfold on.
I have subscribed continuously since I joined in October 2002 and I have no plans to quit.
I would like to see what the devs have up their sleeves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't particularly care for the sim jobs at first either, but its the best way to get the money, and its the money that I'm after in an honest way, so I started doing it, and after getting the hang of it it isn't so bad. There are 4 different tracks with varied styles of play to them so that people have things to choose from. I'd love to have more jobs introduced, I invision something in my head like a salon for instance where both creativity and charisma would advance you. If they are going to introduce changing avatar heads, that could be a lead in....these NPC sims pay you to give them a different style haircut and/or color, and you actually see it change. More choices equals alot more happy campers without having to thwart any of the plans they already have. This is a new game basically so we are all having to re-evaluate our goals and playing styles and work within the parameters of the new game. It's not easy to forget how things used to be, but I believe its necessary for future success to not necessarily forget it but to accept that most of that way of life is over with, unless you just want to continue doing those things 'for fun' the way people did the job tracks in TSO for fun because the payouts were so low. Now the mop has flopped in the other direction, so to speak and we all just have to go with the flow or we'll be miserable constantly.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't particularly care for the sim jobs at first either, but its the best way to get the money, and its the money that I'm after in an honest way, so I started doing it, and after getting the hang of it it isn't so bad. There are 4 different tracks with varied styles of play to them so that people have things to choose from. I'd love to have more jobs introduced, I invision something in my head like a salon for instance where both creativity and charisma would advance you. If they are going to introduce changing avatar heads, that could be a lead in....these NPC sims pay you to give them a different style haircut and/or color, and you actually see it change. More choices equals alot more happy campers without having to thwart any of the plans they already have. This is a new game basically so we are all having to re-evaluate our goals and playing styles and work within the parameters of the new game. It's not easy to forget how things used to be, but I believe its necessary for future success to not necessarily forget it but to accept that most of that way of life is over with, unless you just want to continue doing those things 'for fun' the way people did the job tracks in TSO for fun because the payouts were so low. Now the mop has flopped in the other direction, so to speak and we all just have to go with the flow or we'll be miserable constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are basically saying is that, if I dont find the job tracts fun, i'm now in the wrong game as we are being left with job tracks or ATMS, and should look for another game?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't consider it unreasonable to expect my sim to be able to work, make money, and not spend it all hosting a party, buying prizes to give out (I have an entertainment house) and well, live. I spend a good portion of game nowadays pretty much ... working. And that's it. I've hosted all of one party since CC merged, which sucks. The rest of my time is spent either skilling to keep my decay at bay, and trying to pizza to "earn my fair share" as someone put it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be that the prizes you are shooting for are out of reach in today's economy....instead of the high end prizes, maybe you could give different kinds of prizes....simolean prizes ranging from 50-500 depending on your tastes.....CC that displays "#1 Blue Ribbon prize winner at XXXX Contest" whatever the contest name is...flamingos.....certain items of the custom craftables if you can afford it like the computers (I sell those for $2500 which is very good for a prize object nowadays), or everfull pet feeders, everybody who has a pet needs one of those. The base idea is great you just have to scale the prizes based on what you can afford at this time.

<blockquote><hr>

With this most recent lowering of payouts, I really feel that the devs are asking us to use ATMs more. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner. I work, skill, work some more. The last party I threw has almost done my sim in. I have enough probably for one more party at some point, and the rest of my sim life is spent skilling and working? Seriously, come on. I'm not saying payouts need to be what they were pre-merge. I AM saying payouts should be so that skilling is worthwhile, having a skillhouse is worth the time and effort skill house owners put into having one and keeping it open (without needing to BEG for tips, tyvm), and that I should have the option of NOT working if I so choose. I'm a paying customer, I should be given the option, hello.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a life simulation game. People who choose not to work in RL have to live on charity and/or welfare, which in game terms would be tips, and as skinflint as most sims are with tips I can't see that lasting long, so you are going to HAVE to find some kind of sim work that you enjoy. With 4 job tracks, 3 group objects and half a dozen single job objects, there's alot to choose from right there....you just can't choose not to work AND not to go to the ATM at the same time.....it's either or.

<blockquote><hr>

Seems though, that instead of trying to suck out cash from those of us who ARE here, there could be changes being made to attract more players. For example, CC is nice but uh ... what's with the crappy graphics from 1990? That change alone could turn some more people on to playing this game more, bring in more players and make more money for this company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upgrading the graphics to TS2 style is on the horizon, though I have not heard a tentative target date for that. I do know they've already done some of the back end stuff to path the way for it. If you log into TC3-test instead of TC3 you see some really neat stuff, IMO. Not 'up-to-date' but alot nicer than just the basic 2d that we have now.

<blockquote><hr>

Please guys, this is a GAME. Not WORK. I work 8+ hours a day in RL then come home to chase my kids around the house till their bed time. When I come to play Sims, it's to have fun. Not log on to work again. I can't even play around with my house layout any more because I can't afford to buy floor tiles. That's just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played a single game, offline or online that didn't involve some kind of character development and certain tasks to make money, and some things are always more fun than others. So until your character becomes 'established' it will seem more like drudgery than fun, but once you get your feet underneath you you'll be able to kick back and have those high class high value prize parties again. Most people are having to start over in varying degrees, and nobody considers it fun.....you just have to find the task that will allow you to make the most fun possible under the circumstances. More than anything all this revolves around attitude. If I wanted to find something to complain about, I could in probably 30 seconds, but doing so just puts me in a negative frame of mind and basically screws up my whole day of playing, so I've just decided to actively not focus on the negative and just make the best out of a difficult situation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game is basically a huge chatroom. It alway's was. Now though, here are the rewards...you skill hours and hours to make $50 a skill item to buy a $99,000 pizza machine that pays out less than doing one skill object. You buy a lot, furnish it so that other people can do the same thing. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me exactly what acheivements we are striving for? The top 100 list. Well, now you don't even get a bonus so who cares? At least with the botters here many houses had money to hold interesting contests and games so that coming here and chatting was fun. Now it's mundane and boring. Put the bonus back in for having a popular house but don't base it on visitor hours. Base it on votes. One vote, one house per week in each category. That would be something to acheive instead of having sims AFK in houses just so they can rack up visitor hours.

Come on developers! Put some FUN into the game. I'm begging you. What happened to playing blackjack with other sims and all the other ideas that would of made interacting FUN. There is only so much chat you can look at while staring at your screen. Even trying to start conversations falls flat. In a typical house the chat consists of "can you make homecooking", "can someone sing to me", "omg, the rooms red, you better get the mechanic over here". Not to mention the "lol", lmao, lmfao, and all that. I've only been back for a month and honestly I'd rather attend a knitting class with my grandma than to have to stare at a screen for hours. For all they hype that EA Land was going to be different I see nothing except a few CC graphics I can look at while staring at the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The voting system for ranking the top 100 has been brought up, but the thing that is hindering it is the potential for exploitation and abuse, both on the positive side and the negative. Positive: a person gets his friends to all vote for him, so they do not because his house is great but because he is their friend, thus providing false popularity. Negative: somebody has a personal beef with a house owner or roomie and in retaliation downrates the house every chance they get with however many accounts they and their friends who jump on the bandwagon have. That will take us back to the days of red link griefing. Until they figure out how to plug that potential exploit before it happens, they can't implement a feature like this, though I have heard some say that it is something that they would like to see happen if the kinks can be sorted out.

G

in my opinion... jobs are not the way to go
i haven't worked since i've been in ea-land so i guess i can't really say what's the best, bc i'm not for sure what you get paid

if you take the time to max one skill... probably cooking or creativity (seeing as jamming and painting houses seem to be the most popular) you can make $52 per item with max skill
it takes roughly 4-ish minutes to finish one item, so it's really not that bad at all

i don't like the jobs because you have to rely on other people, and hope they know what they're doing in order to make decent money... which isn't always the case
when i did work, i found that the best job was the restaraunt... but i liked working there alone, bc most of the people i worked with had NO idea what they were doing, which is fine bc i realize we were all at that point once, but i just think it's better doing single-$ objects to make money bc you can do it at your own pace

and i know skilling is boring, and time consuming, but it REALLY pays off if you do decide to spend the time to do it... which i think everyone should consider... at least maxing one skill, anyways

...just a thought

G

<blockquote><hr>

in my opinion... jobs are not the way to go
i haven't worked since i've been in ea-land so i guess i can't really say what's the best, bc i'm not for sure what you get paid

if you take the time to max one skill... probably cooking or creativity (seeing as jamming and painting houses seem to be the most popular) you can make $52 per item with max skill
it takes roughly 4-ish minutes to finish one item, so it's really not that bad at all

i don't like the jobs because you have to rely on other people, and hope they know what they're doing in order to make decent money... which isn't always the case
when i did work, i found that the best job was the restaraunt... but i liked working there alone, bc most of the people i worked with had NO idea what they were doing, which is fine bc i realize we were all at that point once, but i just think it's better doing single-$ objects to make money bc you can do it at your own pace

and i know skilling is boring, and time consuming, but it REALLY pays off if you do decide to spend the time to do it... which i think everyone should consider... at least maxing one skill, anyways

...just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

The atmosphere and pay in jobs in EA Land is totally different than it was in TSO. I'm on the restaurant track too, and every now and then you do run into a schmuck that you have to mute so you don't work with them again, but for the most part I find it fun. It requires you to actually THINK and do something, rather than just click make jam, click sell, click make jam, click sell or listing your ingredients in an IM window and waiting to be told which button to push. I'm working on teaching myself how to lead pizza, and maybe when I can lead I will like it better, but I do admit I have somewhat of an 'elite' taste when it comes to pizzaing, especially now with the payouts so low. There's nothing worse than having 20 points in your skill and having 3 people all with less than FIVE in their skill begging you to pizza with them, and not accepting any advice when you politely tell them that it would be alot easier to find playing partners if you are somewhat skilled....and not even all the way to 20. I will play with players that have 10 in their skill as long as they listen and pick up on things when being coached by me or the leader. But playing with under 10 in your skill is just an exercise in futility IMO.....if I was doing that I'd be pancakes about payout rates too LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go. These are in EA-Land Units

as of 3-23-08

Small Pizza 4 supreme 8

Medium Pizza 8 supreme 17

Large Pizza 15 supreme 24

Plus you may earn a 1 unit skill bonus.

Also, I have heard the owner does not get a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to post screen shots of that, and one of the skill spread of the people on the table. If you can gather that data it will go alot further in illustrating the point that there is a problem.

On a side note but related issue, I FINALLY found a lot tonight that had a code machine, so I decided for kicks I was gonna try it and see. My 3 sims only had 33 points between them, and I was getting a skill bonus of 10 simoleans plus 6 simoleans per solving of code. I can't wait to find out what it is after I get all 3 sims to 20. Code is the only thing I really am good at playing with all my own sims being on the table, and I'm determined to master it again without the use of that dumb cheat sheets for combos LOL. Hubby and I used to have a blast back in the early days of the old game leading code. They fubared the payout on that even before the exploits were fixed in the old game, and it died in popularity as a result. When my sims all reach 20 I don't think the skill bonus will go up, but maybe it will and the payout per code broken should surely go up. Very exciting indeed

G

i TOTALLY agree with you on the pizza thing, lol

i used to pizza all the time in tc3 when i played there, loved it, thought it was so much fun
but then i started finding out that the only people who wanted to pizza, were "newbies" who just thought it would be cool, but had NO idea how to play... and wanted to LEAD... omg, lol... drove me nuts

so ever since i moved to ea-land, i've never done pizza, lol
i have found, however, that code is actually really fun, with the right people and right skills
plus, there's a chart that tells you exactly which letters to put in, so you can get money faster, lol

and about the jobs, i really liked the restaraunt, but i find now, that since i'm in such need of money... it's just easier to not work, because you HAVE to be there at a certain time every day, and i just like going at my own pace
i just watch tv while i make money, and it goes by really fast... also chatting with people in the house makes time fly by as well, lol

and i know everyone has their own preference in what they like better, but i just get annoyed with people who have like 2 skill points in anything and are complaining bc single-$ object payouts are so "low"... if they'd realize that it's unrealistic to make any decent amount of money with less than 20 skill points, they'd find it a lot easier
and no, $52 per object sold isn't a lot of money... but we're lucky it's not any lower than that

and anyone who thinks it's "unfair" that they can't buy a lot, and fill it with all the essential items they need for whatever category house they would like, are nuts
for one thing... there's no way you're ready to start hosting a house unless you have serenade, and decent cooking skills
so you might as well spend the time maxing one of those, in order to make decent money to afford the things you want, and get the interactions needed to meet your guests' needs

also, stop buying things you don't need for your house
...for example - cc items
i've seen so many houses just filled with every single cc item ever created
sure, it might be cute, and unique... but when you have so much of it... it affects your lot
it makes lag worse, from what i've seen, and it clutters up your house making it hard for guests to find what they're looking for
a few things are fine, and nothing against it... i just think it's gotten way out of control
plus, every time you visit a lot with cc, it adds it into the cc cache folder, which (if it gets full) can hinder your game play
i couldn't get into lots with custom content because i had NO idea about clearing the cc cache... then someone finally explained it to me, and i have to clear mine at least 3 times a day... usually whenever i log out
pretty rediculous

G

i was doing code last week with a friend, and we all had around 20 skill points each... maybe one had a little less... and we got like $40-some total... but before that i was getting like $50-some... so who knows what it is now, lol

but yeah... code is really fun
seemed boring when i saw people doing it at first, but once i learned how it worked... i love it... when i can find good people to do it with me, that is, lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

i was doing code last week with a friend, and we all had around 20 skill points each... maybe one had a little less... and we got like $40-some total... but before that i was getting like $50-some... so who knows what it is now, lol

but yeah... code is really fun
seemed boring when i saw people doing it at first, but once i learned how it worked... i love it... when i can find good people to do it with me, that is, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I'm getting code-mania again LOL. Only for me its NO CHARTS lol, it makes faster money but it just seems like that's almost as bad as just going ahead and using a bot program....takes the challenge out of it and makes it like clicking on the ingredient in pizza that your IM leader tells you, or click make click sell on single objects.

My long term goal for money making is to build the custom craftables. I'm working on my 6 TC3 sims to between them be able to make all the craftables there are, and have even begun getting some orders on a few of the objects, and I'm not even totally skilled up yet. I live for skill spikes.....that's the only time I have all 5 of our accounts going at once in TC3, to get them all as much of a boost as they can get. Any other time I don't bother with more than 2 or 3 at a time....1 if I'm on my sim job. I've tried to make single money objects with one of hubby's sims while I do the job track with mine, and it just flubs me all up LOL I'd rather just give him some of the money my sim makes if he needs it since she always gets 1000 simoleans a shift on the level she's at.

G

Has anyone mentioned *why* the pizza/maze games pay pretty much nothing, yet the job tracks do?

Pizza and maze can be botted, as can the single money objects. Jobs cannot.

Yep, thank those that did cheat for ruining a good game of pizza for the honest players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone mentioned *why* the pizza/maze games pay pretty much nothing, yet the job tracks do?

Pizza and maze can be botted, as can the single money objects. Jobs cannot.

Yep, thank those that did cheat for ruining a good game of pizza for the honest players.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't really ruin it for the 80 point teams, it just made it totally necessary to find 80 point teams if your goal is to make money. If you just like pizza for the game itself, which alot of people do, then you could devote a day to coaching newbies on how to play since very few people will tolerate newbies without biting their heads off, so I find the smarter ones really appreciate somebody that takes the extra initiative to walk them through it one by one. That's also why I wish your idea of long ago of allowing pizza to be played on welcome lots but not getting any payout for it could/would be implemented. I also wonder now that I think about it if they did that whether or not they could program an NPC to fill in any blank spots on the table if a person did not have extra sims to put on, or didn't feel comfortable playing with more than one sim on the table *and* trying to teach the newbie......that's alot to juggle. NPCs are enabled with the job tracks so obviously the code for them exists, and they come onto regular lots now in the form of the maid and repairman, so it seems like it'd be possible to program this other kind of NPC as well.

Dang my list is getting long......adds this as another question to ask in the TH, though I still haven't found the posted hours......I'm truly having a blonde moment because I can remember that they are in 'plain view' somewhere but I just can't remember where
I'm thinking it might be time to call it a night LOL

G

Town Hall in EA-Land
EA-Land team members will be in the Hall:
Mon: 11-1 p.m.; 5-6 p.m.
Tue: 10-1 p.m.
Wed: 4-7 p.m. (Community Pub in TC3 ONLY)
Thu: 12-1 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.
Fri: 4-7 p.m.
All hours are Pacific Time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Town Hall in EA-Land
EA-Land team members will be in the Hall:
Mon: 11-1 p.m.; 5-6 p.m.
Tue: 10-1 p.m.
Wed: 4-7 p.m. (Community Pub in TC3 ONLY)
Thu: 12-1 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.
Fri: 4-7 p.m.
All hours are Pacific Time.

[/ QUOTE ]

*muah*

*snags this post and saves in the same Notepad doc that holds the costs for crafting.

G

This is for a small pizza. Have fun skilling. I do not know why you require proof and can not take the word of others on here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is for a small pizza. Have fun skilling. I do not know why you require proof and can not take the word of others on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious - all the skills are shown on the pizza interface as "20". Does that mean the player's skill is less than 20.50?
The reason I ask is that with Code, if a skill is above 20.50 it is displayed as "21" and I assumed it would be the same with the other multi-player games.

G

Code pays $25.00 per solved code with all sims at 21 skill points.

Owner bonus is $9.00

At one stage in EA-Land it was around $75.00 per solved code, so this too has been greatly reduced.

Polly

G

20.99 is the skill level of all. Code rounds to the nearest, pizza does not.

G

ty for posting that Polly.
LOL this was the last time I tested any of the pay:
<font color="blue">Updated 2/13 </font>
Code 6 for paper chase
Small Pizza 8 (+ 9 max skill bonus)

One sim. No skill bonus:
Easel 3
Jam 3
Telemarketing 3
Gnome 3
Pinata 3
Potion 3

I stink at maze and made 6 bux, so might b okay.

Pizza Pay per round for maxed team. The average was prob 1100. These are my better rounds. Not counting table bonus.

Update March 24:
Code 6 (+ 19 max skill bonus)
Small Pizza 4 (+ 1 max bonus)
Single Money Objects:
Easel 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Jam 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Telemarketing 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Gnome 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Pinata 3 base (+ 10 max skill)20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Potion 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay
Boards 3 base (+ 10 max skill) 20.99 + 12 avatars = 52.00 Max pay

This was the first maze I attempted and the next started at 57 (maxed team). I don't care for maze, this may be where the money is.

Anyone know what the max pay is on single money objects?

It appears as though pizza is the only thing that has been lowered recently. <font color="blue"> </font>

G

Max on boards is $52.00
Not sure about potions.

Not sure what it is on pinatas or telemarketing because I can never find a place with 12 ppl doing them !

Polly

edited to correct !

G

its not the payouts thats stinking, their just not giving us our skill bonus, thats suppose to be included with the payout....2 hours of pizzaing with skills of 10-cook, 20-cook, 20-chr, 16 body... and no one was getting their skill bonus

D

dog481

<blockquote><hr>

Max on boards is $54.00
Not sure about potions.

Not sure what it is on pinatas or telemarketing because I can never find a place with 12 ppl doing them !

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the max payout on boards is 52 even? That's what the jam tables pay with max cooking skill. I also see that the dev's still hasn't posted any information on stratics as to why the pizza payout has been lowered. But does anyone know if it's just a temporary thing? I've already noticed that there's much less pizza players in ea land now cause of the lowered payout.

G

I must be speshul I get 54 ...

Ok only joking, my mistake and I've edited my original post

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given that proof of it I can see why people would be upset. I'd just pizza'd the day before and saw much different numbers, which is where my confusion came from. Last night I did really well on code, considering that my team was only 33/60 in our skill points. I've got my crew skilling today to see how many logic, mech and body points I can add to that and try coding again tonight to see how it affects the payout. I've heard reports in game of some sims getting up to $50/solved code/sim with 60 points on the table, so if that stays steady that will be really good. The skill bonus for that is already at 10 even with the 33 points I had yesterday, so that skill bonus seems alot more in line than even 5 simoleans is for an 80 point team in cooking, which is why I think skill bonus for pizza ought to be upped to at least double the 5 that it is for the top end of an 80 point team. If people continue to see no reason to skill, then the rest of us are going to be stuck skilling up our own sims and having private money lots to avoid playing with sims with 2-5 points because they can't be bothered to skill more

And you know very well that there are players that will exaggerate things to make their points seem more valid when in fact they are not, and therefore thwart the efforts to 'fix' things when really nothing is broken, so that is why I have made it a policy never to read 'word only' as fact unless it comes from certain sims whom I know to be totally unwilling to exaggerate, even when telling the truth proves them wrong on something. It's just the best way I've found to separate fact from the many rumors that fly around the cities every day. It is not meant to be insulting or degrading as you seem intent on believing that it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious - all the skills are shown on the pizza interface as "20". Does that mean the player's skill is less than 20.50?
The reason I ask is that with Code, if a skill is above 20.50 it is displayed as "21" and I assumed it would be the same with the other multi-player games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really show 21 on code now? I haven't seen that yet, but I haven't played with a max code team in EAL or TC3 either.....but in the production cities it always showed 20 rather than 21 on all players.

But no, that doesn't necessarily mean the players have 20.99.....in terms of pizza 20.00 counts the same as 20.99 unless that too has changed in the last 48 hours.....things seem to be changing so rapidly its hard to keep up with it all LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does it really show 21 on code now? I haven't seen that yet, but I haven't played with a max code team in EAL or TC3 either.....but in the production cities it always showed 20 rather than 21 on all players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes read up ! ^^^

It has always showed 21 on code.

Polly

G

I don't mind having the ATM's in the game but I would rather they not become the primary source of money. We do already pay 9.99 per month to play. That would be like paying money to get into a theme park and then paying to go on each individual ride.

I like the idea of more jobs a whole lot. Diverse careers would be a great solution to part of the problem. I don't like pizza and code because getting a team together can be difficult. I've just recently started working the restaurant track and it isn't nearly as bad as the other jobs I've tried.

It would be nice if the economy balanced out better--a 5 dollar payout on pizza vs a 99,000 dollar pizza machine doesn't add up well. But I'd also like to see the build prices lowered. I don't mind working to get game money, but I used to enjoy the difficulties involved in running a house and getting visitors.

The last time I played, payouts never reached above 1k on jams and that was pretty rare. Usually, owners would pay somewhere between 200-300. Every now and then, there would be a house paying 400-500 and we would jump at the oppurtunity and make as many jams as possible, but at the end of the day, it still wasn't easy. We worked hard for the money we made, but we actually saw some sort of return for all the hours we put in.

I know we're still in beta, but I don't like where things are headed. The economic situation right now is pretty lame. I know EA isn't going to screw itself out of money by letting the game fail, but sometimes I don't understand the logic behind these things.

I liked back in the day when I had lots of choices as to how to work and get money. Single job objects didn't pay great, but it wasn't bad. Work in the upper levels wasn't terrible, either. Pizza could pay well with the right team and code, too. I did different things from day to day, and eventually, with a partner, managed to run a semi-populer house. I think the work involved is part of the fun because it makes reaching goals feel even better, but when it becomes less of a game and more of a never ending chore to get to your goal, it loses a big part of its success.

I do like the new free accounts a lot and I think they will add to the economy if given the chance to work like other sims. Meeting new people and chatting has always been a big part of this games appeal for me. I think having the free accounts is better for diversifying the game.

G

alrighty...

before all of the payouts have decresed everything seemed more balanced as say for the store owner too purchase a jam table, pizza table,etc etc etc... and too sell to a person starting a money lot, skill lot, etc etc etc... and now that they have lowered all the payouts it now makes it really hard for anyone to buy anything they would like to buy... including the "store owners" because the item prices are still the same... including the lot prices.... so somehow ea needs to re-balance everything too equal the payouts if they are not going to do something about the payouts... i think that would make alot of people happier than what they are feeling now...
and on another note here i dont know if too many people have noticed yet... the decaying of the objects ie:pizza tables,jam tables etc. etc. etc. are really decaying faster than what they did before..i set 4 pizza tables out in my lot trying too build my lot and in 3 days they have really decayed from 20% to 49% and have not even been used yet...so does that mean i should just keep everything in my inventory until i can afford too open my lot too the public?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Max on boards is $52.00
Not sure about potions.

Polly

edited to correct !

[/ QUOTE ]

The boards and telemarketing are $52 with a max skill of 20.99 also.

G

TTL with a thought...

What if the reason pizza payouts are currently so low, even with max skills, is because every avatar and her sister is currently making pizza? I believe I read somewhere that payouts would follow the supply-and-demand concept; ie., the more people making pizza there are, the less valuable the pizzas become.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is a life simulation game. People who choose not to work in RL have to live on charity and/or welfare, which in game terms would be tips, and as skinflint as most sims are with tips I can't see that lasting long, so you are going to HAVE to find some kind of sim work that you enjoy. With 4 job tracks, 3 group objects and half a dozen single job objects, there's alot to choose from right there....you just can't choose not to work AND not to go to the ATM at the same time.....it's either or.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bolded the key word here. Life .... Simulation ... GAME.

'Nuff said.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The voting system for ranking the top 100 has been brought up, but the thing that is hindering it is the potential for exploitation and abuse, both on the positive side and the negative. Positive: a person gets his friends to all vote for him, so they do not because his house is great but because he is their friend, thus providing false popularity. Negative: somebody has a personal beef with a house owner or roomie and in retaliation downrates the house every chance they get with however many accounts they and their friends who jump on the bandwagon have. That will take us back to the days of red link griefing. Until they figure out how to plug that potential exploit before it happens, they can't implement a feature like this, though I have heard some say that it is something that they would like to see happen if the kinks can be sorted out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you get one vote per sim per day. Dancing with the stars does it to vote people off the show and they allow 10 votes. There will ALWAY'S be some way to expoit anything in this game.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

TTL with a thought...

What if the reason pizza payouts are currently so low, even with max skills, is because every avatar and her sister is currently making pizza? I believe I read somewhere that payouts would follow the supply-and-demand concept; ie., the more people making pizza there are, the less valuable the pizzas become.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. Why would a game lower the entertainment value because a lot of people are doing it? Doesn't make sense to me. Anything that is popular goes UP in value, not down. The more people that are playing pizza in EA Land, the more money we all make. If this concept were true then why are the payouts for having lots of people doing single money objects higher as more people join? If payouts go down because too many people are playing pizza you know what will happen? Eventually everyone will become sick of it and stop playing pizza. and then quit the game. I know there are people that say if you don't like it then don't play but you do need players in the game to keep the game running. So if I quit and the next person quits and so on then you haven't any players and it shuts down. I think a lot of these issues needs a voting system. ONE vote per IP address.

D

dog481

I remember back in the days when pizza payouts were about $669 with a max skilled team. Kind of a bummer that they been lowered 2 times in a row. My only question right now is it going to be permanent that payouts on all money objects are lower?

G

I am sick of this.
Ever since they opened EAL I have felt we are being played with, manipulated and mislead as to what is going on.
At one stage when the payouts 1st dropped we were told that it had been done to fight the botters. Lead to believe that it was only temporary and would go back up in a very short time. That was about 10 weeks ago and all that has happened is that payouts have continued to go down. No explanations provided except a few weeks ago when Lee was pressured into answering actually said they will not go back up. He said they were dynamic.
Prices on almost everything have skyrocketed, again using dynamics.
When they 1st announced the dynamic adjustments they said it was to balance the economy. Well I have to ask myself with what has happened since they opened EAL, what balance are they looking for?
I have not played in EAL for the last month or so, I have my sims skilled to their locks and I do not work for peanuts.
I have spent some time in TC3, helping a couple of young friends I have in rl get started and helping newbies when I can.
I don’t complain at all in game even though sometimes I feel I have to lie to give answers to new players.
A while ago I cancelled 6 of my seven subscriptions because I could not see any reason for keeping multiple accounts.
I kept the last one open Mainly just to do my part financially, give the devs a chance you might say.
Well with everything that has happened since then, payouts continuing to decline, prices going up. The fact that their has been no real explanation for it, we have really only been told that the economy is dynamically controlled now. And I think they really do expect us to be happy with that answer. With all that and the fact that I feel all I am now paying for is to be able to get my lava lamp. I have decided to take away my financial support in protest. I will play in TC3 for free and will resubscribe only when I feel having a premium account is worth it.
I say this to the devs, you keep me in the dark and treat me like a child and you don’t get my support money. Because lets face it, that is all a premium account is at the moment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL with a thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. Why would a game lower the entertainment value because a lot of people are doing it? Doesn't make sense to me. Anything that is popular goes UP in value, not down. The more people that are playing pizza in EA Land, the more money we all make. If this concept were true then why are the payouts for having lots of people doing single money objects higher as more people join? If payouts go down because too many people are playing pizza you know what will happen? Eventually everyone will become sick of it and stop playing pizza. and then quit the game. I know there are people that say if you don't like it then don't play but you do need players in the game to keep the game running. So if I quit and the next person quits and so on then you haven't any players and it shuts down. I think a lot of these issues needs a voting system. ONE vote per IP address.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how dynamic payouts work, exactly as Katheryne described. It's set up like that to diversify the objects that people use. In the old game with payouts constant, everybody and their brother did pizza and jams, pizza and jams and if you wanted to do anything else you were just SOL. The way things are set up now, when too many people are doing one particular object, the payout automatically goes down for that object and becomes higher on another object....the challenge is in finding what that object is. Doing it this way, nobody gets stuck in a rut of doing the same thing day in and day out, ad nauseum, and BOREDOM drove people away from this game even faster than low payouts have/will. That's why I keep saying players need to figure out how to strategize in *today's* game and not just continue doing whatever they did in the old game TSO and expect it to still work. There's more on dynamic payouts on the blog if anybody doesn't believe that this is the way they intended for things to work and why.

S

Shyanne1

Oh well now I understand. Take a game that everyone loves doing and comes in the game specifically to do and make it useless to play. I like pizza because it's interactive. Standing in one spot watching your sim paint a picture is boring and NOT interactive. Don't we spend enough time staring at our screen while our sims are skilling? I don't mind chatting but this is supposed to be a game and when the game isn't worth your time to play then why play it? Some of us don't have 5-6 hours a day to play in this game. I'm all for dynamic pricing but why don't they just limit the amount of time each sim can do a particular object. Like you can play pizza for 2 hours a day and then that's it and then make you go play single money objects. The difference between money objects isn't that great. Let's make some of the objects a much higher payout but limit it's use.

Also, I wish the job tracks had some sort of increasing difficulty. Just having Charisma and friends isn't much of a challenge and it gets real boring fast. Maybe have a variety of different job tracks and have them open only at certain times.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Warning this is a rambling post.

That was the base pay. The lowest we could make, it was cut in half. Then on top of that they took 8 of the 9 skill bonus away.

You are right about us being under dynamic pricing. However this was a pay cut. Otherwise the money would be showing up somewhere else. I think the pool is empty. Or the bots are out of control. I bet code is lowered soon. Would dynamic pricing change the base skill bonus? That is a good question for EA Town Hall. The way I thought it worked was you would get the skill bonus regardless. Some more testing is in order if and when we get our next increase. I think at this point dynamic pay is controlled manually. I could be wrong.
Dynamc pay eventually will work like dynamic pricing, fluctuating daily. The last pizza cut was a month ago. Maybe they figured since so many ppl were doing it that it needed to be lowered. I agree with you there. So now, everyone will flock to code as they have with the first cuts in pizza. By the time some get skilled for code. That will be cut as well. Hopefully soon the botters will be under control. Code pays better than pizza now, but not because it was dynamically increased, but because the pizza was just cut. The pay went nowhere else.