• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pay outs

G

Well after reading this thread, it is so funny how some stand up for TSO and those that are not happy with the money situation in Ealand are written off as complainers. This sad game needs complainers....These little mini simgods that call themselves devs have complete control in this game. The rules seem to change as often as the moods of these devs and rarely in the right direction.

Of course we are all told that the reason for the lower money payouts is to discourage the people using bots. I am really tired of all the time and energy that is spent on chancing botters while the rest of us pay. Time and energy lost that could be spent on helping to achieve a better game. Few things are more annoying in this game then overwork penalty on the pizza table. This has been set so low that non botters are getting dinged all the time. How does this help the game?

Payouts are almost not worth the time. The lag in a full house drives me crazy so I don’t even think about joining one to jam at max amount of payout. Which are about $520 per round (which means 45 minutes give or take) for jam and about 15 minutes to re-green so basically one is lucky to make $520 every hour with max skills and max number of players.

Before ealand we were making around 15k to 18k a round of pizza per sim. Lots were cheat, moving was cheap, items were cheap. When ealand opened we were making around 1k a round per sim on pizza. Cost of everything high. Now it is down between 400 and 500 per sim per round on pizza and the cost of everything has gone up even higher. A lot can cost over 10k more like 20k in ealand. So just to buy a cheap lot would take over 20 hours of game play. But this is just the start, for your 10k it took you 20 hours to make; the lot is so small that you can’t even think of building on it. Some Dev thinks this is a great way to keep people happy and playing this game. Real life is hard and people take a lot of knocks in real life, this game should be fun, enjoyably and rewarding. Really why would one waste their time in simland when x-box or any number of other computer games that offered escape and enjoyment that people are looking for? Sorry devs you are not doing right by this game to keep lowering the payouts. It is upsetting to people that you keep changing the rules.

I only thinks the payouts are low to force people to buy $ from the ATM’s. The ATM’s may not be making as much money as the devs were hoping it would. I really don’t think they care about much more then that. The prices are so high on lots and forget about trying to move a lot, the cost is crazy. The cost to stores to buy new items is over the top. We get no bonus for skilling, or for a house being in the top 100. There is no buy back. Are we having fun yet?

I am not sure what the goal of this game is anymore. In the beginning, we need to skill, to make money to buy a lot and build a house, try and get people to come to your house. Skilling as boring as it is and as long as it takes, was an important part of this game. Now with skill bonus being so low, why bother getting skills? Now with payouts being so low by bother taking the time to painting, pazzaing or jamming, coding or any of the other money making items, lets just buy $ at the ATMs……..So I am guessing the new goal of this game is to buy $. Hey the devs are rewarded us by using the ATM. We get more lava cards. Oh boy, what joy…….

G

<blockquote><hr>

The pay went nowhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]It could be just coincidence, but I believe I got one hell of a substantial payraise in my DJ job. Last night, I was averaging between $175 and $300 per round! And I'm only skilled up to 10 in creativity (as you can see in my sig)!

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

Well after reading this thread, it is so funny how some stand up for TSO and those that are not happy with the money situation in Ealand are written off as complainers. This sad game needs complainers....These little mini simgods that call themselves devs have complete control in this game. The rules seem to change as often as the moods of these devs and rarely in the right direction.

Of course we are all told that the reason for the lower money payouts is to discourage the people using bots. I am really tired of all the time and energy that is spent on chancing botters while the rest of us pay. Time and energy lost that could be spent on helping to achieve a better game. Few things are more annoying in this game then overwork penalty on the pizza table. This has been set so low that non botters are getting dinged all the time. How does this help the game?

Payouts are almost not worth the time. The lag in a full house drives me crazy so I don’t even think about joining one to jam at max amount of payout. Which are about $520 per round (which means 45 minutes give or take) for jam and about 15 minutes to re-green so basically one is lucky to make $520 every hour with max skills and max number of players.

Before ealand we were making around 15k to 18k a round of pizza per sim. Lots were cheat, moving was cheap, items were cheap. When ealand opened we were making around 1k a round per sim on pizza. Cost of everything high. Now it is down between 400 and 500 per sim per round on pizza and the cost of everything has gone up even higher. A lot can cost over 10k more like 20k in ealand. So just to buy a cheap lot would take over 20 hours of game play. But this is just the start, for your 10k it took you 20 hours to make; the lot is so small that you can’t even think of building on it. Some Dev thinks this is a great way to keep people happy and playing this game. Real life is hard and people take a lot of knocks in real life, this game should be fun, enjoyably and rewarding. Really why would one waste their time in simland when x-box or any number of other computer games that offered escape and enjoyment that people are looking for? Sorry devs you are not doing right by this game to keep lowering the payouts. It is upsetting to people that you keep changing the rules.

I only thinks the payouts are low to force people to buy $ from the ATM’s. The ATM’s may not be making as much money as the devs were hoping it would. I really don’t think they care about much more then that. The prices are so high on lots and forget about trying to move a lot, the cost is crazy. The cost to stores to buy new items is over the top. We get no bonus for skilling, or for a house being in the top 100. There is no buy back. Are we having fun yet?

I am not sure what the goal of this game is anymore. In the beginning, we need to skill, to make money to buy a lot and build a house, try and get people to come to your house. Skilling as boring as it is and as long as it takes, was an important part of this game. Now with skill bonus being so low, why bother getting skills? Now with payouts being so low by bother taking the time to painting, pazzaing or jamming, coding or any of the other money making items, lets just buy $ at the ATMs……..So I am guessing the new goal of this game is to buy $. Hey the devs are rewarded us by using the ATM. We get more lava cards. Oh boy, what joy…….

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it much better myself! But there are some things I'm gonna say anyway..

There you are *Waves at EJ*! Wondering if you still posted! I was actually looking for you, funny huh? and your right..it's the cheaters fault.

But why do the honest have to pay for it?!

I'm completely bummed about the pizza payout. I understand the need to get rid of botters..personally I have never owned more than one account, or had more than one sim in the long gone cities. I haven't played in a long time. The first thing I did when I came on was begin skilling to serenade and to make some money pizzaing by increasing my cooking skills...and then right about the time my cooking skills became worthwhile: Bam! Not even worth pizzaing.

Since I let my account lapse, my sim had $0 being born into a paid account and NOTHING in inventory. (I keep looking for a card btw) Now she has $162. Just enough money to buy....um....nothing (zip, zilch, zero, nadadangthing) from what I can see so far. And I've been playing for 4 days. Now, I don't expect that my sim should be able log on and make enough money to buy and furnish a size 8 lot in a week. But geez *frown* she should be able to AT LEAST buy something fun. AT LEAST in a RL week or two, buy and moderately furnish a small residential lot to go to when she is about to die from energy/hunger drain because of waiting around loading on even a lot that only has a couple of people on it. This almost happened to me yesterday...and I was thinking..geez if I only had a small lot with the necessities I could jump into my house and NOT die. Fortunately, I made it JUST IN TIME.

I LOVE TO PIZZA. I used to do it for hours, even when my old sim account was filthy rich and didn't even need to. BUT now she isn't rich, and she owns NOTHING; and I'm depressed because she can't make any money pizzaing. In fact, I'm downright devastated because NO ONE even wants to pizza! I went on a pizza and jam lot yesterday and couldn't find ONE single soul that wanted to. Why? you ask?: because, and I quote- "the payouts make it useless to pizza". That was what I was told by all the players I approached! It's hard enough to get a team together as it is.

And I don't mind the NCP jobs, but I'm on dial up...still..I KNOW..I KNOW..but BROADBAND or anything equal IS NOT AVAILABLE WHERE I LIVE; and when I try to go on a job lot my game ALWAYS freezes! If this is going to turn into an SL game I promise you I won't be around. I didn't like that game, never even bought a subscription- and I subscribed to TSO for years!

So, I should just stand around clicking and making jams? *sobs loudly*

I hate when I see botting for money
. I always have..but at least I COULD play pizza. Now *sigh* no one will even play.

I agree with most on this thread...bring the pizza money back! At the very least make it more for the skilled cooks, otherwise what's the point?!! The game is becoming an ungame! I don't want to play exactly like it's RL. I come to the game to escape from RL!!! Isn't that the point of PLAYING as opposed to WORKING?!

I never say never. BUT..it is not likely I will use the ATMs. Because I don't like eating my words, I won't say never. Who knows? maybe there will become an occasion when I want something or another I can't afford right at that moment, and using the ATM will be worth it? BUT right now, the RL money to EAL money conversion isn't even worth it!

I'm not going anywhere..just yet, like others I'm awaiting the big day when I am impressed with all the new changes. Besides, I AM currently excited about CC. BUT can I sell what I make? If not, that too will become really tiresome.

Okay, I vented. sorry but I had to.

*Waves at everyone*
Jasmine

S

Shyanne1

BOTH of these posts are right on the money (or lack of). I'm sure glad I don't have dynamic pay in the real world. Imagine going to work and getting oh say $1 for the day because there just happens to be too many widgets in the world that day.

I want to PLAY PLAY PLAY. The poster is right. If a new player comes in and can't DO anything for weeks because they have to skill too much to buy a lot and can't buy furniture how fun will they think the game will be.

The poster also had a great point. How are we ever going to be able to sell CC if no one has any money? If the payouts don't go up to at least double for a single money object than I don't see the use in playing. Even double isn't enough but anything else is wishful thinking.

If botters are really that hard to get rid of then close the game down and come up with another solution or another game.

BTW, the whole first 4 years I was playing I didn't even know there were botters in the game and it didn't ruin or affect my game play AT ALL.

Come back to EA Land! Everything has changed. Yeah, you made the game useless.

C

Camile

Talk about getting it right, this post rings so true. What IS the point of this game? Is it truly to get us to buy money from the ATM? Must all sims with humans playing them be forever at the mercy of bots? Are the developers, after 5 years, not able to tell a real sim from a bot?
Pizza has always been fun, sim-interactive, and a way to earn money to furnish a house or build a business. But now, it is truly worthless as a game function.
If money making items continue to drop in payouts, and the price of lots, cc, and maxis items continue to rise, there reaches a point in the sim economy that it becomes futile to continue. Hence it ceases to be a "game." And may I define a GAME as, An activity engaged in for diversion or amusement.

G

Just hitting reply,
A lot of people in here keep suggesting that we do the jobs, like the robot factory and such. They say the pay there is still good, or at least slightly better than money objects.
What they don't realize is that many of us either can't or simply don't want to do the jobs. I find them imposable as I can't get clear time at the computer. I am normally up and down like a yo yo because of things happening around me in rl.
Also a lot of people have to contend with to much lag to be able to the jobs, lag kills them in there.
Above all that is the fact that if we all have to do the jobs to make a decent sim living, than a large lump of the game is taken away. And also if we all do the jobs I would say the a... would fall out of the payouts for them to.
Personally I give up, I can't even be bothered going in EAL now. I will wait and see what happens, but EA gets no more money from me until I see something worthwhile going on. Or at least until they give us a decent explanation as to what the hell is going on.

G

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BITE ME... ive also closed down 2 premium accts in ea-land, with only 1 premium acct remaining, and 7 days left on it... after having one of my main sims with millions in rares deleted by a bug in the system, and everything going on in the sim economy, i see no reason to keep playing a game where the devs and technical team careless about us the paying customers... I FOR ONE HAVE LOVED THE GAME IMMENSELY FOR OVER 3 YEARS, but that was up until now.... if they can replace lava lamps they poof off your prop within a 24 hour period, they can surely replace missing items such as rares and missing sims... I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR THE DEVS... what are the advantages of being a subscriber agin?????? FYI free trial players can move into stores, sell items, and make as much as subscribers that do the same... hell free trial players can also own money lots, if they subscribe, open the lot and then lapse into a free trial...

G

LOL but they can't go home. Anything you see like that, is probably a bug and should be reported. That one was and is fixed. Bugs that can be exploited should not be posted here. E-mail addy in my siggy for bug reports, if you need it. Free accounts will not be able to cash out more than they cash in.

G

free trials may not be able to cashout more than they can cashin, but they can trade their simoleans to a subcriber, who in turn will cashout for them, at a small fee.... this could also lead to certain websites { paythegame for example } buying simoleans a less cashin price tham maxis....

G

And they wonder why we dont want free accts to be able to make money...shakes head.

I believe the bug has been fixed, if it has not it needs to be reported at [email protected]. Its up to each and everyone of us to make sure all bugs are promptly and accurately reported.

R

Rosebush3333

jasminemoon,
I, too, am on dial-up. Go us! Well, anyway... you can do the robot factory. It is the only job that I can do being on dial up, the pay is pretty good, the job is fun and there are a lot of very nice factory workers along the way.

G

THANK YOU to those who wrote this batch of replies! I think we need more of those who are going to call the devs to the carpet on things like payouts, skills, lack of property bonuses etc.

Stratics used to be a good place to get info, for people to voice their concerns etc. From my perspective, it's lately turned into the cheering grounds for the devs, and any nay-sayers have been unequivocally shot down.

So, THANKS guys, for speaking up. It's not always easy to do around here.

*Gives round of applause*

G

with all the downtown nowdays, i have lots of excess time to come here and biotch..... LMAO

G

LETS FACE IT this is nothing but a maxis scam , an attempt to make us use the atms they developed...i seriously believe that we will never see the cashin feature on an ATM....plain and simply , the less they give us on payouts, the more likely some are gonna use the atms, thus giving maxis that much more profit... but only time will tell....

G

TSO needed help in a bad way. So many of the oldies who stuck around got the SHAFT after all those years of playing. TSO said it was for the better. But in fact it was for the better of them $$$$$$ is all they are thinking about. Yes we have a big new city and new CC's ... But we have LAG LAG LAG.... Low payouts so we BUY there money from the ATM's more down time than any other game in internet history. Mabey we should all go on strike ... Stay away from the ATM's and tell MOMI to bite our left toe.....They are slowly taking all the fun out of this game for alot of us who have been here for years... <font color="red"> </font>

I

imported_TraciRK

The bot factory jobs have been cut drastically too. I am now on level 9 and make what I used to on level 4 or 5. I own a service house and am tired of the "freebies" popping in and demanding food from me. I have quit filling the buffet for these people who don't even bother cleaning up their own plates and if I get too many in my house, I leave and reset it.

I know that we are supposed to be nice to these people to get them to say "oh wow i need to pay for this game" but quite frankly, the fact that I can't make any money is really destroying this idea. Why waste my hard earned cents to feed a bunch of people who have absolutely nothing to contribute to my game in any way. There is absolutely no incentive for me to have them at my house so why cater to them? I am thinking it is time to start booting and banning so what money I do make is available for my sims and my friends. I love this game and will continue to play it but I am not part of the Electronic Arts Marketing team so I really don't feel any need to try to get more people to become paying players. If we got some type of incentive for freebies being on our lot I might be nicer but they earn me nothing so that pretty much sums up what they get from me lately...nothing.

G

So, you all believe that Maxis/EA will purposely anger its entire community, make the game boring and force players to buy large sums of money? You are all aware that makes no sense at all in the business world, and would cause TSO/EA Land to fail completely?

As I've stated before, Ea wouldn't even be working on the game if it didn't want it to be successful. Obviously, the economy is not totally implemented yet or balanced out, and it will take time to get that right. Devs don't have magic wands to fix problems overnight, and if any of you understood the complications and trials and errors of programming you might be less hard on them.

It sounds to me like everyone just wants an easy way to make thousands with no effort at all. Sure, I want payouts a little higher and more job options, but you also can't have everyone in the game be able to afford anything within the first week either.

Yep, I'm going to get flamed for dissagreeing with this, but I've seen so many of the same complaints from gamers playing runescape and the like, that the developers are out to get them and only there to scam, its honestly ridiculous. EA wouldn't spend time on the game if they didn't plan on a long term investment, and the devs wouldn't do things like, say, post comments here if they didn't care about their players.

Oh, and I'm a free player, the hate of free players is wide ranging and ill-placed.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

jasminemoon,
I, too, am on dial-up. Go us! Well, anyway... you can do the robot factory. It is the only job that I can do being on dial up, the pay is pretty good, the job is fun and there are a lot of very nice factory workers along the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip, I might give Robot Factory a try. In fact, when I first came onto TSO, that was the first NPC job I signed up for!

Thanks again

I

imported_TraciRK

Oh and can someone tell me how someone has their bot working in the factory? I mean they cut the payouts because of "bots" but I have yet to work with someone who doesn't answer me so what is the reason the payouts on the jobs were cut in half? No bots, so payouts shouldn't be cut at jobs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and can someone tell me how someone has their bot working in the factory? I mean they cut the payouts because of "bots" but I have yet to work with someone who doesn't answer me so what is the reason the payouts on the jobs were cut in half? No bots, so payouts shouldn't be cut at jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Traci, he said he was working in the bot factory.....the robot factory....that is one of the four sim job tracks. Payouts in the job tracks have not been cut, and are not dynamic, because bots (3rd party programs) CANNOT be used to work them automatically.

R

Rich'

i dunno these payouts on pizza are stupid something should be done about this crap

G

<blockquote><hr>

i dunno these payouts on pizza are stupid something should be done about this crap

[/ QUOTE ]

For now the best thing to do is to switch to code or maze if you can't or don't want to work the jobs. Right now the jobs are bugged, so code is my fallback position. This will work well for people who specialized in the charisma or body positions for pizza as charisma is needed for maze and body is needed for code. If you're in TC3 mech is hard to skill, and only one lot I've found actually has a code machine on it, but 3 or 4 different ones I've found have maze machines. Those are barely touched right now, so I am betting that the pay will be better. I know it is on code. I was making 16 e.m.u.'s per code bust per sim with a 33 point team....now my team has between 45-50 point cumulatively so I can't wait to see what they make now. That's what I was hoping to be able to do tonight, but no go

G

uote]So, you all believe that Maxis/EA will purposely anger its entire community, make the game boring and force players to buy large sums of money? You are all aware that makes no sense at all in the business world, and would cause TSO/EA Land to fail completely?

As I've stated before, Ea wouldn't even be working on the game if it didn't want it to be successful. Obviously, the economy is not totally implemented yet or balanced out, and it will take time to get that right. Devs don't have magic wands to fix problems overnight, and if any of you understood the complications and trials and errors of programming you might be less hard on them.

It sounds to me like everyone just wants an easy way to make thousands with no effort at all. Sure, I want payouts a little higher and more job options, but you also can't have everyone in the game be able to afford anything within the first week either.

Yep, I'm going to get flamed for dissagreeing with this, but I've seen so many of the same complaints from gamers playing runescape and the like, that the developers are out to get them and only there to scam, its honestly ridiculous. EA wouldn't spend time on the game if they didn't plan on a long term investment, and the devs wouldn't do things like, say, post comments here if they didn't care about their players.

Oh, and I'm a free player, the hate of free players is wide ranging and ill-placed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free player hmmm maybe (if so why not become a paying account), or someone that has not clue what is going on. You tell me one company that pays it people = what they put into the company. Do you really think these tso folks would still work for EA if their paycheck = what they bought in cokes and candy bars while at work. Come on the thought that our pay is = to what is bought in game is crazy, nuts and down right a major kick in the behind to us players. So people the pizza table is tied to hotdog sales. Let’s just eat all the hot dogs our little Sims can take and see if the price of pizzas goes up. Hahahah......

Those of you that remember Sims stuff being sold on eBay, remember that the payouts on pizza was great, jam and paintings was high, the payout on code and maze was very low because of bots, and the sales of sim money on eBay was high. Those of us who want to make money in game do and those of us who want to buy money do. Which just shows by making us all poor, will not help the game. It really does the opposite. It makes people mad and they find somewhere else to spend their free time.

When there was a ton of money flowing in Simland the game was much much better. People are able to do more in the game. Where as in real life you might not be able to build a mega house, in Simland you could. Life was good in Simland before we were all made poor by TSO. They were hopping and still are that we will all buy more from the ATM’s.

From the past nothing was learned. Dragon Cove was just like EAland and it failed. In fact Dragon Cove killed the game. We were promised a new wonderful city in Simland and it was same old same old but with lower payouts. People quit like crazy.

So when you see us old timers complain because of the route this game is taking, it is because we have seen what happens. We really want this game to succeed we have been here for 5 years and want to be here for another 5 years. Folks are just plan not happy when the hour or three that we squeeze out of our busy lives gets us nowhere in this game. Payouts have to go up and they have to be set. Is crazy that one day they are higher then the next. This is a game!!!!! Not everyone can play everyday. It has to be fair to all.

P.S. I think most of the people that are patting the TSO folks on the back are TSO folks or people that don’t really have a clue. The one girl that tells people to get sims jobs. Many can’t …..the lag is too bad. I hate jamming in the full houses now cause of the lag. If you don’t have the skill for code or maze it is not worth your time to play those games. Doing a round of pizza and only making 350 is not worth an hour of my time. I would rather watch TV as sad as that sounds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

For now the best thing to do is to switch to code or maze if you can't or don't want to work the jobs. Right now the jobs are bugged, so code is my fallback position. This will work well for people who specialized in the charisma or body positions for pizza as charisma is needed for maze and body is needed for code. If you're in TC3 mech is hard to skill, and only one lot I've found actually has a code machine on it, but 3 or 4 different ones I've found have maze machines. Those are barely touched right now, so I am betting that the pay will be better. I know it is on code. I was making 16 e.m.u.'s per code bust per sim with a 33 point team....now my team has between 45-50 point cumulatively so I can't wait to see what they make now. That's what I was hoping to be able to do tonight, but no go

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you code is 24 simoleans per sim with all sims maxed, down from 82 simoleans when EAL 1st opened.
But tell me, what do we do when code goes down further like pizza did, and none go back up. Because that has been the trend so far. When are you gong to realize that all of these reductions are to stop us from being able to make a certain amount of simoleans. It may be as everyone seems to be thinking, to make us buy from the ATMs. My bet is that it is to allow a safe implementation of the buybacks. They simply cannot have it so we are able to make enough simoleans to take profits away from them, by letting us easily make even small quantities in game.
I said a long time ago, that for that reason payouts will continue to decline, and they have. I tell you now, they will still go down even further. Code will drop more, single job objects will drop more and everything will be set so we cannot make more than about 200 simoleans an hour. Gaining simoleans in game will become a secondary way of getting simoleans. The main way that people will have to play this game is to use the ATMs. They will keep introducing other advantages for keeping a premium account. Doing jobs and money objects will not be much of a consideration when it comes to deciding on that. I can see money lots fading away the way other categories have.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you code is 24 simoleans per sim with all sims maxed, down from 82 simoleans when EAL 1st opened.
But tell me, what do we do when code goes down further like pizza did, and none go back up. Because that has been the trend so far. When are you gong to realize that all of these reductions are to stop us from being able to make a certain amount of simoleans. It may be as everyone seems to be thinking, to make us buy from the ATMs. My bet is that it is to allow a safe implementation of the buybacks. They simply cannot have it so we are able to make enough simoleans to take profits away from them, by letting us easily make even small quantities in game.
I said a long time ago, that for that reason payouts will continue to decline, and they have. I tell you now, they will still go down even further. Code will drop more, single job objects will drop more and everything will be set so we cannot make more than about 200 simoleans an hour. Gaining simoleans in game will become a secondary way of getting simoleans. The main way that people will have to play this game is to use the ATMs. They will keep introducing other advantages for keeping a premium account. Doing jobs and money objects will not be much of a consideration when it comes to deciding on that. I can see money lots fading away the way other categories have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about the dynamic payouts. Why does it affect pizza and code and all those team objects including jobs but the single player objects, jams, paints, ect. don't flucuate? Everyone of them has a payout of $52 at maxed skills. The only ones that are really being used is the paints, jams and ocassionally boards. I just don't understand all this dynamic hoopla. At this point in the game I feel like we're just being blown off for those ATM machines. As unstable as the payouts have been, the Dev's can tell us anything they want and we are all suppose to accept it as a part of the new growing economy. I can only say horsecrap to it all.

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No Traci, he said he was working in the bot factory.....the robot factory....that is one of the four sim job tracks. Payouts in the job tracks have not been cut, and are not dynamic, because bots (3rd party programs) CANNOT be used to work them automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hon, I work in the ROBOT Factory in one of the four sim job tracks and the payouts HAVE been cut in half. I should be making $45/robot but am only making 22/robt. They DID cut the pay on the job tracks in half. TSO mania has what the pay on the job tracks USED to be.

G

lol none of it is worth it in reality but u really have not much choice unless u wanna run around broke or throw out real money for sim money ... kinda sad the game used to be so much fun...

No one wants to play a game and be broke hell we can do that r/t

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

lol none of it is worth it in reality but u really have not much choice unless u wanna run around broke or throw out real money for sim money ... kinda sad the game used to be so much fun...

No one wants to play a game and be broke hell we can do that r/t

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that !!

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your resoning, BiteMe, but it doesn't go far enough. 200 Simoleons/hour won't be low enough IMO. Single job objects have to be bot-proof. 10 completed objects/hour for 20 hours is 6000 completed objects/month. At 989 Simoleons/USD, the payout would have to be, ummm, less than 1 Simoleon (or EALand Monetary Unit) per object completed, or EA loses money on cash-out. (I'm ignoring food costs because they are small, and repair costs because if payouts ever go that low, people wil scream bloody murder over them.) The devs assumed that they could find a payout level that would balance the economy. My bet has always been that there isn't one until you go so low that you might as well disable the objects completely.

The job tracks are somewhat more doable, since they would be very hard to automate (not impossible). Two shifts a day or 60 shifts a month is easy for a dedicated human player, though (and no repair costs!). Any payout over 20 Emus per shift will get them in trouble. Again, we're down to a payout of less than one per robot in the factory, for example.

This game is not much fun to actually play anymore, but I am having a blast watching the devs wrestle with it.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

uote]So, you all believe that Maxis/EA will purposely anger its entire community, make the game boring and force players to buy large sums of money? You are all aware that makes no sense at all in the business world, and would cause TSO/EA Land to fail completely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Free player hmmm maybe (if so why not become a paying account), or someone that has not clue what is going on. You tell me one company that pays it people = what they put into the company. Do you really think these tso folks would still work for EA if their paycheck = what they bought in cokes and candy bars while at work. Come on the thought that our pay is = to what is bought in game is crazy, nuts and down right a major kick in the behind to us players. So people the pizza table is tied to hotdog sales. Let’s just eat all the hot dogs our little Sims can take and see if the price of pizzas goes up. Hahahah......

Those of you that remember Sims stuff being sold on eBay, remember that the payouts on pizza was great, jam and paintings was high, the payout on code and maze was very low because of bots, and the sales of sim money on eBay was high. Those of us who want to make money in game do and those of us who want to buy money do. Which just shows by making us all poor, will not help the game. It really does the opposite. It makes people mad and they find somewhere else to spend their free time.

When there was a ton of money flowing in Simland the game was much much better. People are able to do more in the game. Where as in real life you might not be able to build a mega house, in Simland you could. Life was good in Simland before we were all made poor by TSO. They were hopping and still are that we will all buy more from the ATM’s.

From the past nothing was learned. Dragon Cove was just like EAland and it failed. In fact Dragon Cove killed the game. We were promised a new wonderful city in Simland and it was same old same old but with lower payouts. People quit like crazy.

So when you see us old timers complain because of the route this game is taking, it is because we have seen what happens. We really want this game to succeed we have been here for 5 years and want to be here for another 5 years. Folks are just plan not happy when the hour or three that we squeeze out of our busy lives gets us nowhere in this game. Payouts have to go up and they have to be set. Is crazy that one day they are higher then the next. This is a game!!!!! Not everyone can play everyday. It has to be fair to all.

P.S. I think most of the people that are patting the TSO folks on the back are TSO folks or people that don’t really have a clue. The one girl that tells people to get sims jobs. Many can’t …..the lag is too bad. I hate jamming in the full houses now cause of the lag. If you don’t have the skill for code or maze it is not worth your time to play those games. Doing a round of pizza and only making 350 is not worth an hour of my time. I would rather watch TV as sad as that sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect example of missplaced and ignorant hatred toward free players in the game. I'm an adult with a knowledge of business practice, coding, and a general grasp on common sense. I don't need to have played the game for 5 years to research and learn what others have seen and done in that time. you just insulted half the population of the game and said they have no clue, how exactly does this help matters?

R

Roger Wilco

I doubt the real rationale for the low payouts is to combat bots, to maintain a zero sum economy, or dynamic whatevers. I think they're trying to encourage more usage of the ATM. Plain and simple, they need more revenue.

Besides, bots (along with everyone else) are indeed making less simoleans per day with the reduced payouts. So what do they care? With simoleans being harder to earn now the value of the ones they are ginning out now is higher. Making simoleans more valuable adds a further incentive for people to use macro’s. Not only for the pro’s, I’m seeing more casual player botting then I ever have.

The only time professional botting pretty much dried up was after the exploit. Simoleans became essentially worthless, and weren't worth them botting any longer. As long as it is profitable to macro, they will continue to do so. When it's not, they'll leave. Reducing payouts isn't going to make them leave.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Have the payouts been dropped again??? if so how are we supose to make any money to build , eat , keep a house open , ect , ect, can you tell us that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the ATM's aren't being used enough. Or maybe subscription cancellation has slowed down.
The suits are trying to close this game down,aren't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like that are not helping anything.

My husband noticed the drop in pizza payout during the middle of a pizza round and asked me what was up too. I told him it was just probably part of the dynamic payouts, too many people pizzaing at once so he should just switch to something else for a while and see what the upper end payout is on the rest of it.

I've noticed that the payouts seem pretty consistent in TC3 whereas they oscilate alot more in EAL. Does anybody else notice that or is it just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are dynamic payouts here?

I have only heard they can manually change them so far.

And if 10 tables of pizza are too much, thats insane. There was only 1 pizza lot open when I saw this. It had 1 going. Ill give a couple of private lots some people just for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are here, but they are being done more 'by hand' than they will be in the future. Right now Sarah is just keeping an eye on things and tweaking it as needed. I haven't figured out if they arein TC3 or not, payouts seem to be pretty consistent there....I've only seen one time that jam payouts dropped and that's been over a month ago. The rest of the time I consistently make the same amount of money doing the same job object and/or job track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I see Sarah has her hand in this, it is she who in a July commons chat said she wanted to get rid of payout items. Then Luc said no that wasn't going to happen. But yes, the reason why they are trying to revamp TSO, was to get more money from the game. Greg said sometime ago that the lowered apyouts were to help EA fill their coffers. Hence buy more sioleans from them. But yeah if sarah is the one messing with the payout job ites, expect them to drop severely in payouts.

G

Those of you going on about the ATM's, you realize that if that was the only way to make money in the game, it would die right? Younger players don't have the money or credit card needed to pay it, and the average person can't pay membership and spend their real world money on simoleons. If ATM were the only revenue, they'd be relying on far fewer members than you think for their income.

No, the ATM will remain a way to get big money fast, but the economy in the end will be balanced out so we can afford things in a reasonable amount of time. As it is now, I've saved $10 000 in a week and a half, playing only a few hours a day and not concentrating on money. If I played for money only I could have made alot more, and that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Now, I don't know what prices are like in build mode so I'll be waiting for awhile and saving up before I attempt a property, but we shouldn't be able to buy everything in the first week should we? I'm not saying it works now, I'm just saying it seems alot of people just want easy money.

C

Creed84

Lucian, lo,l not many are asking for easy money But the way they have cut the payouts is ridiculous. Before they even touched the payouts on group job objects, you could make 30k to 50k ( max skill)on the pizza machine per green session. That is how severly they cut the payouts on objects. But then again they nerfed payouts almost down to 0 and yet jump up the prices on buying a vacant lot and catalog objects. hmmm... guess you are new to the game?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lucian, lo,l not many are asking for easy money But the way they have cut the payouts is ridiculous. Before they even touched the payouts on group job objects, you could make 30k to 50k ( max skill)on the pizza machine per green session. That is how severly they cut the payouts on objects. But then again they nerfed payouts almost down to 0 and yet jump up the prices on buying a vacant lot and catalog objects. hmmm... guess you are new to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, you're all upset that you can't make easy money anymore. I don't have to be old or new to see that. And what I've been saying in all threse threads still holds true: this is not how it is going to be permanently. However, if you could made 50k in one greening session and buy a lot for 4000, that's a little unbalanced as well. Once its all said and done it won't be a game to make millions, but you will be able to keep yourself going and make a little profit. Just wait and see

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those of you going on about the ATM's, you realize that if that was the only way to make money in the game, it would die right? Younger players don't have the money or credit card needed to pay it, and the average person can't pay membership and spend their real world money on simoleons. If ATM were the only revenue, they'd be relying on far fewer members than you think for their income.

No, the ATM will remain a way to get big money fast, but the economy in the end will be balanced out so we can afford things in a reasonable amount of time. As it is now, I've saved $10 000 in a week and a half, playing only a few hours a day and not concentrating on money. If I played for money only I could have made alot more, and that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Now, I don't know what prices are like in build mode so I'll be waiting for awhile and saving up before I attempt a property, but we shouldn't be able to buy everything in the first week should we? I'm not saying it works now, I'm just saying it seems alot of people just want easy money.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you said you made 10k in a week and a half not working very hard at it, even with things the way they are now.
What people are failing to see is that the 10k you made so easily will likely represent the amount you need to cash back to EA and pay for your subscription.
I am not complaining about the payouts in the way that most are, I really don't care how much they are as long as the economy is balanced.
What I can see is that payouts will not be able to be set high enough for us to get anywhere in the game.
If it is so easy to make enough to sell back to EA and pay your subscription, most people will do that, so payouts will need to go down further.
If then property and object costs come down to match it will be good for us yes.
Good for us, but EA will make very little from the ATMs then as not many simoleans will be required to get what you want from the game.
If payouts were set to a level where advantage could not be taken of the buybacks, then items in the game would have to be set to match or players would not bother.

For the buyback not to be taken advantage of, 10k would have to represent close to a months hard work at any way of making simoleans in game.
What you could do with that 10k would have to be worth working hard for that month or no one would bother.
So what you would be able to do with 10k purchased through the ATM would need to be quite a deal as well.

If you can do that much with 10k there won't be any where near the profit that EA would be hoping to get from the ATMs.

So taking all of that into account, what I can see happening is property and item costs staying fairly high, so EA can make money from the ATMs.
Payouts will go down even further to avoid loss of profit from buybacks.
That leaves us who want to play the game without using the ATMs out in the cold.
And that is not even allowing for multiple account users and botters.

It's time you all faced facts, it's not what we think EA is trying to do or want to do. If they want to be able to implement the buybacks, it is what they have to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect example of missplaced and ignorant hatred toward free players in the game. I'm an adult with a knowledge of business practice, coding, and a general grasp on common sense. I don't need to have played the game for 5 years to research and learn what others have seen and done in that time. you just insulted half the population of the game and said they have no clue, how exactly does this help matters?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could care less if u pay or not. There is no hatred here; someone is a bit over sensitive I would think. And if I just insulted half the population of the game does that mean ½ the players in Ealnad don’t pay????? If that is the case, and I have totally no idea, no wonder TSO is not making any money.

G

It seems to me that they are taking a page out of the SL (second life) game. And trying to make it so you can cash in. The reason it works on SL is that the only money you get from the game is a weekly allowance (small as hell). There is no other way to get money from the creators of the game besides “buying” it form them.

With EA Land people have to “make” money to do ANYTHING, in Second Life you can always have 0 bucks and do just fine. In EA Land you need 12 bucks per feeding round just to be a roommate. If they get rid of the buy back option (selling you in game money to EA Land for rl money) then they could up the prices with out loss of revenue. I mean who really want’s to sell their money back anyhow?

They should step away from the “make RL money” plan and just make it so that you can purchase money from the ATM’s only. If some one wants to spend a thousand RL bucks and make a top #1 house with 500 buck payouts per round of jam… I say let them, they are contributing to a game I like and they probably wont play the game that long anyhow. When you conquer a game in a week there’s no thrill left in it.

Anyhow, I don’t see how EA Land will ever have higher payout’s as long as avatars need to green and host.

*tosses his two shoe strings on the table since I’m broke*