• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok ok, a Yes or No poll for VvV Artifacts on Siege

Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and useable for all

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes it's hard to replace gear for people who like to do pvp but Artifact like those VvV aren't the solution. Why? Because it's true they can help pvp'ers but they give also more power to all player and this will be bad for PVP, PVM and Crafting.
PvP because if they are easy to get all start to wear great suit and players without much time to spend in game will be cut off from pvp (and if you reduced too much the cost of these artifacts to give the chance to all pvp'ers to get them, noone will see them like a reward and in the long term this take away the fun of the fight and loot).
The problem with PvP is, like me many of them do not want to do a lot PvM, they just want to hang out, have some fun fighting others in battle town or at Safe Haven road. It's not really so much about being able to loot others as it is about being able to fight. If I rund around in a crappy suit, I can't fight, I can only die and even my crappy suits are not that crappy as they do give me 45/45 HPI/DCI, 100 DI, 30 SSI, some MR some extra stats. It is not fun to fight someone who is geared better than you, and is 30 years younger than you. I don't mind dying, but I like to kill too :p
Most young PvP'ers, blue, orange or red can't afford losing suits like mine and they can't PvP without them so they just give up and go to Atlantic or a free shard. We need them here.

PvM because if all can get these artifacts easy and use them with monsters, SP will become like all other shards: a wasteland where noone need help to kill hardest bosses or to hunt. One of the nice thing i like of SP is the intercaction beetween people because you can't wear uber suit so you need always the help of others players.
Do you use items with antique in your gear when you kill monsters? I trash all items with Antique mods. I doubt many will use them for PvM but as I had not played Prodo since Siege came up, I have no idea of what goes on there. It will still be a risk to bring out a good suit for PvM on Siege.

Crafting because these artifacts will take place of some suit's parts and so all economy will be ruin because a crafter will never sell a full suit but only some parts with specific stat and only by request of players. And in this way also gathering will be ruined because there will be only request about only specific regs to make those parts with specific stat.
As it is now, it is almost impossible to sell suits so nothing to ruin. More PvP activity and more PK's will increase the demand of Tina suits. I may not sell a lot to the PvP'ers but there are way more PvM'ers on the shard and many of them do use Tina Tink suits and as they do not PvP, they will die to a PK no matter what suit they are in.

I would not be so worried. Also more PvP'ers will give more business to the Alchemist and the Chefs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have been told to shut up on PVP-issues because I don't PVP also. I know how it feels.
As we do both have PvM'ers and PvP'ers on the shard, all will be effect of the changes and should have a say.
What annoy me is when people are stubborn and and do not help find solutions, some because they really do not want to risk to see more PvP actions and sure not more reds to interrupt their hunting. This is Siege!!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not really so much about being able to loot others as it is about being able to fight.
To be clear it's not about the loot to you. The other majorly pro voice in this argument (hi5 and the other pvpers) is by their own admission all about the looting. Not surprisingly the majority of them are very against making concessions to alter the VvV items into being more flexible about who can use them.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using Antique items on all my chars for PVM-reasons. They are just as nice as every other item.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What annoy me is when people are stubborn and and do not help find solutions, some because they really do not want to risk to see more PvP actions and sure not more reds to interrupt their hunting.
Are you sure you aren't assuming here? Who has said this was their motivation?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
To be clear it's not about the loot to you. The other majorly pro voice in this argument (hi5 and the other pvpers) is by their own admission all about the looting. Not surprisingly the majority of them are very against making concessions to alter the VvV items into being more flexible about who can use them.
Looting is a part of Siege, the problem is to replace them because it is not balanced for Siege.
Looting is also used to make justice, if you dislike someone, you will loot, if you respect them, you won't. If a guild choose to heavy loot, they will get heavy looted too. Some RP guild set rules for looting and their enemies respect that and do in many cases loot them less.

I'm tired of debat this, I just want a solution that will help the shard as whole and bring the action back.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting is a part of Siege, the problem is to replace them because it is not balanced for Siege.
I know the problem. You said it's not about the loot, not me. I know it's about the loot, that's why people choose to pvp here rather than a shard with insurance.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja they are not going to waste the dev time on Siege again. Most of what you want is available on prodo fel. It is really starting to sound like you just want to turn siege into prodo fel. The only thing you seem to not like about prodo fel are the bless deeds and item insurance. I can say this the ONLY way you are going to attract and keep prodo players on Siege is to add insurance. People are just not going to come here, spend a month or so gearing up, scrolling out and then die in PvP get dry looted and hang around. Does not matter how many bonuses you add and how easy you make items to get, well short of them just being free. Prodo PvPs just buy as much gold as they need to get geared up bless what is worth blessing and insure the rest. Even on Atlantic Fel is EMPTY other than the VVV towns, There is ZERO risk and no one will play in fel, what makes you think they will come to Siege where every place is fel and everytime you step out of your house or the GZ there is very real risk of losing everything on you and in your pack? Even the PvPs don't spend much time in fel you can find most hanging out at Luna bank or a tram house waiting for the next VVV town or at the yew gate running around with zero risk of losing anything beyond pots and bandages. One person I tried getting to come to Siege summed it up "People who play on Siege are a special kind of stupid." and that is the general perception of Siege, whether accurate or not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There was a reason Sammy helm and carrot legs got unblessed. I voted for blessing when we got them, I won't do that mistake again. I feel one blessed item is already to much.

Item need to be easier to replace but lootable :p

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well than make where 4-5 items are blessable, this still gives people stuff to loot, and gives people enough blessings to wear stuff that should not be lost upon death. Look at that a happy middle ground.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not much work but I hate that solution, it's so not Siege.
OMG I almost pissed my pants laughing so hard at this statement "it's so not Siege" and all the stuff you are asking for is, what a joke. Alls I see from your posts are I want, I want and what is so funny is the active Siege players saying no to you and you are the only one here asking for a PRODO FEL for Siege. If you hate Siege so much maybe it is time for you to go over to Atl and join their Gen Chat because right now IMHO you will fit in nicely.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Find an other place to :troll:Frodo, as far I know you do not play here

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Find an other place to :troll:Frodo, as far I know you do not play here
Sorry the TRUTH hurt you so bad. I play UO and I am a member of the Stratics community so that gives me a right to state my opinion on any matter relating to UO, sorry if you do not agree.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not going against it but I do not like it, I rather see a fix to the item madness so suits is easier to replace

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not really so much about being able to loot others as it is about being able to fight.
Item need to be easier to replace but lootable
If it is more about the fight than the loot, then you should have no problem with 5-8 blessed items.

Again Easier to just keep a suit with Bo's 5-8 bless idea than to have this endless debate of more and more items year in and year out.

But on the other hand the loot seems to be more important to you than the fight if the shard continuing the downward spiral is worth keeping everything lootable to you.

Sorry Freja but you are making way too many contradictions here. Go on prodo and ask around why people won't play Siege. The number one answer will be INSURANCE. Number 2 will be recall and SJ. If you want more people to fight folks are going to have to give on the Siege Bless or Insurance. If you just want people to loot, keep on luring people here in the revolving door. If you want the fight and the loot, same revolving door. It makes ZERO sense to me that you want vending machine cheap arties, but no bless or insurance option when that is from what I hear is the number one reason why people won't come to Siege. All that other crap you ask for would make ZERO difference in people coming to Siege. Seriously why come here when they already have most of that list there? You do know most of us have some really nice suits that you or anyone else is never going to have the opportunity to loot. Because we wear JUNK in the field. If I want to run my 3250 luck I go play on legends for a while, even though I have the exact same luk 3250 100lrc 70s resist suit here on Siege. Sure ain't going to wear it out in public here, that only hurts you and the other PKs because of lower luck the loot is mostly junk so when you kill me you get the best of the worst. And yes Running 3250 luck bumps the PvM loot up considerably, but only idiot would wear a suit like that on Siege. So there all those suits sit in houses and people pancakes about how hoarding is horrible and gear is hard to get. FFS don't make it easier to get just make it easier to keep it once you have it! The Pks still get to murder and loot the entire pack of the farmers they hunt and get better loot than they would otherwise.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still say VvV should just be blessed suit. That leaves the rest of the game un changed and people could find fights.
I would hate it even more, it need to be same rules for all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seem this ended with being all about my opinion. I'm not in the mood for mud casting

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hate it even more, it need to be same rules for all.
Why? It wouldn't effect day to day shard activities like hunting or pking like 4-5 blessings would, and everyone could pvp whenever.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seem this ended with being all about my opinion. I'm not in the mood for mud casting
You are entitled to your opinion just as I and everyone else is entitled to ours. I simply pointed out obvious contradictions, so is all about the looting or is about the fighting? If it is about the PvP and the fighting there is a way to get people to come and stay. If it is about the looting then you are beating the same old dead horse through the same old revolving door.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the idea of a blessable paper doll options. That way either pvp or pvm can tackle the best this game has to offer. Best suggestion I've heard so far.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am liking the 4-8 blessable items. not sure what would be the best number though. probably 6, that way you could get a weapon a tally a robe and 3 armor pieces. keep a decent suit but still have some loot to give up.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am liking the 4-8 blessable items. not sure what would be the best number though. probably 6, that way you could get a weapon a tally a robe and 3 armor pieces. keep a decent suit but still have some loot to give up.
I agree a good balance to keep dieing meaningful, but taking the sting out of dieing and losing 3 million.

Why has this not been put up for a vote or brought to the devs again?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not going against it but I do not like it, I rather see a fix to the item madness so suits is easier to replace
That seems like a pretty good fix to me.

1. Everyone can use.
2. Still makes people have to farm items because some are cursed/break.
3. Solves the balance issue PvMers complained about vs VvV participants.
4. Open up the market on things like crimmys, hell everything people hoard, and do not sell.
5. Makes replacing suits easier because you bless the very hard to replace items.
6. Still keeps Siege, Siege. When you die you still lose stuff.

Where are the negatives to this? 3 or 4 Siege blesses?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The game keeps changing centering around production shards. Doesnt it make sense that Siege should change in some way to keep up?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say 6 that covers a base suit but still leaves jewels, tali, shield,apron,shoes and weapon vulnerable or any combo of 6. It still equates to a loss of more than 50% of the worn gear. seriously would you rather have the potential loot half of this, or all of the garbage I run on Siege?

luck.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all honesty if farmers, crafters and resource collectors were running stuff like my miners luck suit......... I would probably be hunting them :) If I could loot half of it................

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup Bo comes up with good ideas from time to time! :cool:
Something I have learned about Bo over the years, he is much smarter than many give him credit for :) This is probably the single best idea put forth since I took my 02-08 break from Siege. Should keep everyone happy as everyone has the potential to get what they want, and from the devs perspective maybe those damn siege people will finally shut the hell up :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it.... And im super jelly of Tyrath's luck suit.
Burned through a lot of horned kits and runic hammers building the 3 prodo suits and many hours in Black Thorn the tali was easy and I just bought the soles. That toon has the worst one for mining the salty peter, the tamer has a ok one with all 70s. luck and lrc, the sampire has the best with 4 clean legendary that had 150 natural enhanced to 190 with all the caps met and over capped resist. The two I built on Siege are about like the one shown with 70s and lrc. The only place I have ever wore them is in the wind GZ mining, would be nice to take them out actually hunting and not risk losing the whole suit, I can rebuild the 190s easy enough, just burning horned kits and copper hammers. Be kind of nuts to risk the tali, AF, and 140 robe on a good day its next to impossible to replace the robe and AF Tali and Jewels are just turn ins and a whole lot easier than collecting for the Blackthorn turn in.

Biggest boost running that kind of luck are T Map Legendaries with less negatives, noticably higher arty drops, A LOT MORE SALT PETER, and can even pull the occasional Legendary at the bandit camp raiders and rarely but occasionally at the wolf house. Toss in more tangles, Crimmys, Doom Arties, minor paragon and ML arties, and over all higher intensity greaters and majors. Yeah more people being able to run these kinds of suits should be exlax for us hoarders :)

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Everyone for it suggest at the meet and greet?

Maybe create a poll? Yes or No, on increase on siege bless? Then people come together on a number?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say 6 that covers a base suit but still leaves jewels, tali, shield,apron,shoes and weapon vulnerable or any combo of 6. It still equates to a loss of more than 50% of the worn gear. seriously would you rather have the potential loot half of this, or all of the garbage I run on Siege?

View attachment 50826
I would argue the other way around. Why bless the basic suit which is easy to replace? Bless the best weapon, spellbook, tally, quiver, robe, apron... Etc. That would make sense. Lemme see: I would bless a Tangle, Scrappers, Hawkwind Robe, Lieutenant Sash, SDI-Talisman and some nice sandals. In the end, I had my Trammel configuration... *giggles*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now what would I bless if I could bless 5 items?
I believe:
Conjurer's Trinket
Quiver
3 bows unless I get something better to bless

That would still leave my whole suit and jewelry up for loot.

If I could bless 8 items, I believe I would look some legend artifact jevelry and something for belt slot and a robe or a pair of boots with mods.

Even when this still would leave my suit up for grap, I could spare expensive mods on it and maybe not have to put HPI and DCI on my bows.

I see Doc do have same thoughts as me, leave the suit unblessed. It may even make more buy suits

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the problem. You said it's not about the loot, not me. I know it's about the loot, that's why people choose to pvp here rather than a shard with insurance.
That is true for many but not all. I am here to rp pvp and never loot so its not a factor in why I play Siege.

I enjoy the fighting style on Siege because its less item based. You can't run around in super maxed out suit (at least without great risk and expense) so fights rely on your character's skills as well as your skills as a pvper to a much higher degree.

The way you manage mana for instance (as least for my character) is extremely different. I can't just spam special moves and have my suit supply 70 to my mana pool and max mana regen, and hp regen and extra bonus's that just happen to be on the high end gear. Instead I have to balance between using it offensively and defensively to attack, heal, defend. I have to craft my battle, set someone up, and then kill them.

I do support the VvV items because I have shared the Hi-5 experience of trying to bring members of my guild over and most don't stay because of the cost and frustration of trying to replace gear.

However unlike Hi-5 I can see outside of my own perspective and completely understand why others on Siege do not want to see these artifacts here. I support the available to any player/playstyle philosophy and making them part of the library turn-in system which already exists on siege, and is available to all players, seems to be the best solution.

Allow VvV players to turn in Banners etc so they can use their silver for reward points and gain the VvV items in that way. Other players can earn them without being part of VvV by turning in items as they do now.

There is a system in place that no one is complaining about that works, adding these artifacts to that system so they are available to all players makes sense. I support Freja's idea to lower turn in points because these items are hard to obtain and can be lost easily..... However, adding them even at the current high cost might be the most balanced solution. Currently the shard is not over run with the library artifacts yet someone motivated enough to get one can. A person can use their siege bless if they want to protect the artifact or run with multiple items at the risk of losing them.

To me this seems like a fair compromise, people will continue to rely on character crafted imbued items and supplement with loot and artifacts rather then the reverse of relying heavily on artifacts and filling the wholes with imbued items and loot.

I also think if presented in this manner you might get guilds like Gilfane and players like Kelmo to say "We still don't love the idea BUT its not 100% horrible and not the end of Siege as we know it"

and likely guilds like Hi-5 will say, "WE wanted them like they are on Prodo not available to everyone and not as library turn-ins BUT its better to have the option rather then not having them available on the shard at all"

And for someone like me looking at all sides I can say, "It gives players more options in terms of item availability without putting any group at an advantage or disadvantage."

-Lore

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think adding them to the clean up system could work. I don't know about other VvV items but I do know that the +10.0 SoT you can get with VvV silver can be trashed for clean up points. So if they add the VvV arties to the clean up system for a reasonable ammount that doesn't take forever to farm up this might actually work.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would argue the other way around. Why bless the basic suit which is easy to replace? Bless the best weapon, spellbook, tally, quiver, robe, apron... Etc. That would make sense. Lemme see: I would bless a Tangle, Scrappers, Hawkwind Robe, Lieutenant Sash, SDI-Talisman and some nice sandals. In the end, I had my Trammel configuration... *giggles*
For me it would be the Armor of Fortune, the 140 blackthorn robe, the luck tali, sword, shield and mempo. Turn in jewels are easy enough to replace but I guess the tali is as well just feels like spending a fortune in turn in points. Horned kits are pain to get for me but not so bad so I would risk the hat, legs, sleeves and gloves. Soles of providence are just a matter of tossing the lucky coin. T chest sashes mo big deal, I rarely wear a apron (Tangle/Crimmy) even on prodo. I absolutely loathe doing bods for runic hammers, I would rather rip my fingernails out with pliers and then pour salt on the raw tips. So I would never risk a luck shield or sword.

Hmmm I actually forgot robes and sashes on the paper doll so a lot more than 50% of the paper doll equipment would still be at risk with 6 blessed spots. Any combination of 6 items though and I suspect it would be what each individual finds to be the hardest to replace. Right now I will risk imbued with luck and enhanced 140 luck suits that are 70 phys 70 fire and 40s 50s rest with 2mr 7 mi and some antique 100-120 luck jewels and maybe a robe of the equinox for 1200 luck give or take. and whatever sc 80-100 luck weapon and shield i toss on so at best 1400 luck and overall a crap suit. But Chaga mushrooms are easy and building and imbuing the leather suits is fairly cheap enhancing the additional 40 luck runs about 80% breaking the piece but again no great loss and on the rare occasion I get PKd the junk I am wearing really is not worth even taking. LOL I have even been know to hide when I know I am not going to escape and cut my own suit up and BOS anything of real value to the bank. Can usually get 3-6 items sent to the bank before I die. I would on the other hand put those 4 unblessed high end armor pieces at risk, a jewel set and other stuff more easily replaced for me. Thats the thing I really like about this is what is easy for me to replace is not what is easy for the next person to replace and whats easy for yet another person is a major challenge for me. So the PKs would actually have a shot at a good variety of higher end loot. As it is now the thought and expense of replacing a entire paper doll set up is prohibitive, so I and believe pretty much everyone else will just run the overall cheapest crap that meets the bare minimum needs.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m going to try and get back into pvp, myself I would be happy with 3 blessings, wpn and jewels. I"m more likely to get really awesome jewels to wear than I am to farm a crimmy or anything else. I voted, but i'll leave it up to the more savvy pvprs to determine the number, if any, of extra's we may or may not get.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea! Or even the clean up system.
The only problem I see there is some of us have massive amounts of turn in points and would have a huge advantage over anyone new. Same with the library, museum and Zoo, whether it be dumping piles of resources or gold for the rewards.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem I see there is some of us have massive amounts of turn in points and would have a huge advantage over anyone new. Same with the library, museum and Zoo, whether it be dumping piles of resources or gold for the rewards.
Oh well. Never gonna be perfect.