• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok ok, a Yes or No poll for VvV Artifacts on Siege

Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and useable for all

• Total voters

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
years ago during the faction days, the people that cried about faction gear complained so much saying they were at a disadvantage. The Bo quit factions lost all the faction gear and guess what happened. Bo just kept killin them. Why? how did this happen? Bo didnt have the awesomo pvp gear, and what happened?? the Bo still killed. The gear just makes it easier to reequip after a death. how was the Bo able to keep up the killing, the bo did what anyone that has been here a long time would do. the Bo threw extra goldies at the problem. hmmm so what does that mean now, since there is no vvv gear?
the bo would say the people that are established here will be at a distinct advantage over those who are new. Y'all are afraid of losing that advantage.
as the bo has said for years the haves and the havenots. It is sad that some people of this shard keep tryin to hold people down.

and btw freja only one red on the shard and you dont mean the Bo?????? Bo has been the only consistent red on this shard for the last 10 years. What does that mean?? Bo doesnt need a group sure it helps, but Bo likes targets and the more the merrier for the Bo. Bo attacks almost everyone on site, even outnumbered.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know we do have a few reds left on Siege. Maybe Varties could help more reds to survive. I miss RP reds like the Orc, the Brigands and other RP reds we had on Siege, I even miss the more vile one too.

A RP red as Shadowclan Orcs, who just want to interact/PvP with other in a RP way with little looting, have no way to survive unless they will run around in gear that make it impossible to put up a fight. Maybe they would had tried to control Yew too if they could get a few Vartis to support magic loot/imbued pieces.

Last edited:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed with Freelsy.

Voted no because I think the last part is stupid.

I think Kyronix made it clear that we just need to spam them with emails instead of posting here. Making the same arguments to people who don't read them anyways is stupid, by definition.

[email protected]

"I think based off the discussions on stratics and how much the game has changed, it's time to revisit the choices that were made concerning VvV. on Siege. Lots of players who want to play Siege are upset that VvV wearables have been taken out, while lots of the veterans who play Siege are either mixed on the topic or are sticking to their original guns saying no we shouldn't have them."

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know, but the last part is needed unless we get other changes too, that will make it easier to get the non VvV version of the artifacts too or other changes that will balance thing. That's why I better like my first poll Time for a new vote to help Sieges item problem
I guess I could had made the poll in a way, where I was asking, are you willing to accept VvV artifact on Siege if added in a way so it do not make imbalance between VvV and non VvV PvP'ers.
If Devs just will look into our item problem, it would be a great help

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't changes poll but I can add an options, Add them but only useable for VvV

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voted yes to be added with the understanding that they are cursed, and usable by any player.

Freja's idea to lower the museum turn ins to 10% of current would be the best solution. Add VvV artifacts to that system so ALL players have access and then add the VvV items like banners as turn in's so VvV players can earn them through VvV/PvP.

I think through all of the discussion that might have seemed pointless; a well thought out, balanced, and universally fair solution to obtain/add VvV artifacts for all Siege players (new,old, pvm, pvp) is right in front of us.

Lore

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about instead of constantly asking for easy's some of you learn its better not to run into battle 5 on 1, because that is just silly - yeah after 18 years you should know that. And play the game and gather gear instead of treating it like a colorful chat room every time you login and then wondering why you still don't have a war room of gems and basic essentials.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually tempted to change my vote to Yes allow them for one reason. So that those of us that don't sell what we farm are not somehow seen as obligated to supply the PKs so they can more efficiently kill us non PKs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This guys you all want so badly to keep off the shard, they is not the ones who get hurt most, it's all the lesser PvP'ers, the RP PvP'ers who do not play to loot and to win on any cost.
The lesser PvP'ers, the RP PvP'ers that's the one you would love to have as a part of the community, but they do not have a chance here.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This guys you all want so badly to keep off the shard, they is not the ones who get hurt most, it's all the lesser PvP'ers, the RP PvP'ers who do not play to loot and to win on any cost.
The lesser PvP'ers, the RP PvP'ers that's the one you would love to have as a part of the community, but they do not have a chance here.
They don't have a chance with or without the gear unless they download and run the same ****, and don't tell me they don't when several were bragging about it in GC not so long ago.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Tell me what do not make sense

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They don't have a chance with or without the gear unless they download and run the same ****, and don't tell me they don't when several were bragging about it in GC not so long ago.
If they can replace their gear, guilds like the Shadow Clan orcs would have a chance. They died with AoS

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ditto... "Voted yes to be added with the understanding that they are cursed, and usable by any player"

Eliminates most of the buy back swirl
Takes away most of the I can't get started here discussion
Allows non VvV to obtain the gear eliminating most of the its not fair topic
PvP folks can still hunt (most non-VvV won't be hanging out in VvV towns) take a count if they want the gear from a non-VvV then work towards a pardon scroll or buy individual pardons.
It will increase not decrease population
Suits may get easier to assemble, but at least you don't have to wear those funky bunny ear helms

Other Siege comments
Increase drop rates, Increase Imbuing allowances - 100 pts, etc. anything to speed up the grind of suiting up in this model vs. a production model for new folks

And change shard motto to some more modern
Siege. It's not just for vets anymore. It's also for people who don't want to play a namby-pamby version of UO
vs.
Siege. It's not just for vets anymore. It's also a place where you keep what you kill

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Stop focus on running some ****, the ones who do that have no right to brave about victory if that **** won the fight and they can still be ganked and dry looted.
If item was easier to replace, they would not need the **** as death would not be so expensive.

Also looting and respect goes hand in hand

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop focus on running some ****, the ones who do that have no right to brave about victory if that **** won the fight and they can still be ganked and dry looted.
If item was easier to replace, they would not need the **** as death would not be so expensive.

Also looting and respect goes hand in hand
Flawed logic Freja, they don't need to run the **** on atlantic where there is zero risk of losing the gear due to insurance and bless deeds..... Yet they still do.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disagreeing with what one group wants = not wanting them on the shard. Gotcha. I swear, sometimes...

As for RP PVPers, are you telling me they don't play here because they can't get VvV arties, and they will play here if they can get them? Where did this notion come from?

How do they not have a chance here? I don't see any reason they would have no chance, or how VvV items would give them a chance.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Flawed logic Freja, they don't need to run the **** on atlantic where there is zero risk of losing the gear due to insurance and bless deeds..... Yet they still do.
But this are not Atlantic, it's Siege. Just stop and lets focus on having some fun, I always had fun with guys like HI5. They will kill you with our without this ****, it does not matter, they do not even need to gank you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Disagreeing with what one group wants = not wanting them on the shard. Gotcha. I swear, sometimes...

As for RP PVPers, are you telling me they don't play here because they can't get VvV arties, and they will play here if they can get them? Where did this notion come from?

How do they not have a chance here? I don't see any reason they would have no chance, or how VvV items would give them a chance.
Yes I'm telling you they would play here if we got a fix to items, done right and with Vartis as a part of it

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I'm telling you they would play here if we got a fix to items, done right and with Vartis as a part of it
WHY. What is your argument? Who has given you this impression? Why would RPers who traditionally are not power gamers, and don't mind taking their time, feel that the lack of VvV artifacts would make it simply impossible to play here, despite the reams of claims from the proponents that they aren't even good?

I'm think you are just pulling things out of thin air to support your cause, dude.

Why must we have all this obfuscating pretense?

Gear can be a pain to get, especially when you die a lot, so VvV arties would help, especially universal ones. That's all that needs to be said.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As a PvM'er, you don't die so much to PvP'ers, you survive fine but a young PvP'er, who want to fight a guild like HI5, he will die and get looted a lot, special if he not know how to get along with them. Sarga do fine but not all can do it his way.
HI5 want to fight, they also want to loot stuff they can use and to loot the ones who annoy them. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is, in the past, a RPPvP'er or a young PvP'er could get a GM suit for a few K and be back fighting, now it cost 1-200k and still not enought to fight, a usefull suit easy cost 2+ mills.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always thought people wanted Siege to be more like UO pre Age of **** and now we have a bunch of people asking for more items. What happened to PvP being about PLAYER Skill/Knowledge v PLAYER Skill/Knowledge and not Items V Items because that is what supposed PvP has become on prodo shards.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When did you last do PvP on Siege Uvtha?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I always thought people wanted Siege to be more like UO pre Age of **** and now we have a bunch of people asking for more items. What happened to PvP being about PLAYER Skill/Knowledge v PLAYER Skill/Knowledge and not Items V Items because that is what supposed PvP has become on prodo shards.
Not your battle Frodo, we have enough :troll:here already

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a PvM'er, you don't die so much to PvP'ers, you survive fine but a young PvP'er, who want to fight a guild like HI5, he will die and get looted a lot, special if he not know how to get along with them. Sarga do fine but not all can do it his way.
HI5 want to fight, they also want to loot stuff they can use and to loot the ones who annoy them. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is, in the past, a RPPvP'er or a young PvP'er could get a GM suit for a few K and be back fighting, now it cost 1-200k and still not enought to fight, a usefull suit easy cost 2+ mills.
Why should a new player expect to be able to fight with established players? Since we have been told 100 times, that these items aren't any good, why should they make any difference? When they lose their VvV suit at the same speed they would lose any other suit (because remember the VvV items are just base items, not anything special) and are now out of VvV points, and lack the VvV arties to be able to dream of contending, what will they have to do? Leave the shard I guess, seems like they would have no other recourse.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That you have very hard understand the problem, try join VvV and try PvP for a week, then come back

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If I was looted everytime I lost a fight, I would not had been doing any PvP, would not had been able to afford it

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That you have very hard understand the problem, try join VvV and try PvP for a week, then come back
Did you miss the 100 thousand times I said I was in favor of VvV items? Did you miss this line:

Gear can be a pain to get, especially when you die a lot, so VvV arties would help, especially universal ones. That's all that needs to be said.
in the post you just responded to? Or the dozens and dozens of times I have directly agreed with you on this forum over the last 5 years about getting better item coverage?

I'm just tried to the fantasy arguments, and ridiculous claims that if people don't like the idea then they don't want people on the shard.

I understand the problem just fine, it's not a hard problem to understand...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do not have a list, I had seen them join NEW, get skills up, try to PvP, then to never be seen again

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did you miss the 100 thousand times I said I was in favor of VvV items? Did you miss this line:
Still you vote against them here

So when you can no longer buy VvV items because you lost them, and can't pvp without them... then what?
:troll:on, I'm done replying you

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not have a list, I had seen them join NEW, get skills up, try to PvP, then to never be seen again
Oh interesting, as you seem to have a list of everything else from history. I'm usually surprised at the journal logs and things you keep.

And how many NEW people who weren't PvP'ers are never to be seen. I would guess far more. Even I could name dozens of those people who are no longer here as its just the nature of the game. I don't think gear had anything to do with it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when you can no longer buy VvV items because you lost them, and can't pvp without them... then what?
Then we start this debate all over again just as we have every other time in the past, because it brought a short term gain and net long term loss. It is a cycle that has been repeating since the great migration from Siege. And on to the next great brainfart that will bring hordes of prodo players to siege..... that never really quite pans out. The last one did bring lots of dirt plots and ghost houses to Siege though...... There is that....... It is something..... I guess.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then we start this debate all over again just as we have every other time in the past, because it brought a short term gain and net long term loss. It is a cycle that has been repeating since the great migration from Siege. And on to the next great brainfart that will bring hordes of prodo players to siege..... that never really quite pans out. The last one did bring lots of dirt plots and ghost houses to Siege though...... There is that....... It is something..... I guess.
Which is exactly why the change needs to be overall, not just VvV. VvV items would be a bandaid on a bullet hole. Better than nothing, yes, but not a fix for most people. Oops sorry, I'm trolling again.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is exactly why the change needs to be overall, not just VvV. VvV items would be a bandaid on a bullet hole. Better than nothing, yes, but not a fix for most people. Oops sorry, I'm trolling again.
No you are not trolling, you are pointing out exactly what the problem with the problem is. Bottom line is PvP on Siege is DEAD it has been for a long time other than a spurt here and there. While rarely lose a suit to a PK, I think the last time was 4-5 years ago. I lose tons of gear in PvM and it would be a pain to replace. But I do this crazy thing, I gather tons of resources and make 300 suits and keep them stocked. 125 low end general purpose suits, 125 mid tier suits and 50 high end suits that would be probably mid to high end PvP suits since the main caps are met. I die and the say Liche lords dry loot me, I go back to the warehouse and put on another suit, No big deal. Since I came back to Siege what 6-7 years ago now, after leaving after AOS and no I did not leave because of items, I left because all of my friends were leaving left and right and it got real boring not having anyone to do anything with. Point is I came back with NOTHING other than a couple mil gold and some GM suits and of course GM skills. I have never had any problems "Making" it on Siege since my return. Despite replacing 4-5 suits per week. Of course I don't mind risking those suits and dying to achieve the goal atm. And then when the boxes of suits and weapons get low, I spend a few weeks farming the things I need to restock. Lets see I hate doing BODS but I need horned and barbed kits, and valorite hammers SO I DO BODS and no I don't like the Bribe Easy Button. But even with that I still don't like doing bods even a little bit. Following the VVV Logic we should just have Runic Hammers and Kits on a Vendor for a few hundred silver and that would bring hordes of crafters to Siege. After all getting those kits is a pain and takes effort and resources.......... Its just not fair that I have to spend time in the game doing something I don't like in order to spend time doing the things I do like :)

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello All. Usually when there are polls i don't cast vote or say anything because i try always to adapt to every changes. But for this time i casted a vote because i think it's a very important change what people are looking for. It's true that i play on SP only by 6 months but many are asking to people who vote no their reasons... Well this is mine ... I play UO since 98 so don't start to say i'm a trammie or something like that because i voted no. Pk's, griefer, thiefs make me so much things in all these years (anyone remember how was funny gatherer ingots at the minoc caves or kill you in front of your house just to steal everything from you or your house? :devil:) that now i laugh when someone kill me. So i'm not afraid to lose my gear but i'm against this change. Yes it's hard to replace gear for people who like to do pvp but Artifact like those VvV aren't the solution. Why? Because it's true they can help pvp'ers but they give also more power to all player and this will be bad for PVP, PVM and Crafting.
PvP because if they are easy to get all start to wear great suit and players without much time to spend in game will be cut off from pvp (and if you reduced too much the cost of these artifacts to give the chance to all pvp'ers to get them, noone will see them like a reward and in the long term this take away the fun of the fight and loot).
PvM because if all can get these artifacts easy and use them with monsters, SP will become like all other shards: a wasteland where noone need help to kill hardest bosses or to hunt. One of the nice thing i like of SP is the intercaction beetween people because you can't wear uber suit so you need always the help of others players.
Crafting because these artifacts will take place of some suit's parts and so all economy will be ruin because a crafter will never sell a full suit but only some parts with specific stat and only by request of players. And in this way also gathering will be ruined because there will be only request about only specific regs to make those parts with specific stat.
In the other poll i voted for the increase of reagents drop, more res for crafting armors, increase luck, increase monster drop, decrease vendors' fee for all these reasons. I think the only way to give a new life to UO is to upgrading crafting system because in this way all kinds of players have their fun and can interact in a perfect way. If a crafter can make armor parts in easier way and without become crazy to get all regs, all people will benefit from these changes.
This is my idea and yes i think this post is too long but i wanted to explain my reasons.:gee:
P.s.: sorry for my english :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do agree, the VvV items could be a help right now but it won't fix the problem we have with item.
We need to upgrade old artifacts versions of them to have same mods to people want to use the time to farm them.
We need to balance the turn in systems so it is based for Siege where we do not have Item Insurance. All wear ables should cost less points, like 10% of other shards, where they never need a new item when they first get one.
We need more basis luck +1000 to make them easier to farm here
We need Fel bonus that work for all facets.
We need more basis resist, +15% on Magic loot so it is easier to put a close to all 70 suit together with them if you enhange them, that will make EA sell more Forged Metal of Artifacts 10 charges, special if they drop the price on Siege to 500 store coint, 300 for 5 charges.
Same with crafted items, add+15 basis resist so Tailors, Carpenters and Blacksmiths can put together close to all 70 suit and sell to imbuers.

With the VvV artifacts being antique, most will want the non VvV version
We also need some new VvV deco item, VvV players can sell to make money to buy item they need to PvP from crafters and farmers. The Banners did work for a while, but not much demand now. Maybe add some Minax artifacts and other old artifacts, so you for x silver can choose a randum Artifacts (ToT) - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia or a randum of Artifacts (Traditional Minor) - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia.

There are lots that can be done if our devs can find some time for us.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if our devs can find some time for us.
You should know very well by now that they won't. They will either turn them on or not. They MIGHT alter them, but I highly doubt even that, because I have a feeling it wouldn't be nearly as simple as it seems. They might give us the fel luck bonus, but I feel like they would have done it initially if they were gonna.

The rest is just pipe dreams.

This is my point. We will get them or we won't and they probably will be just basic VvV items, not altered ones, and I don't know that that alone is a good thing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been told to shut up on PVP-issues because I don't PVP also. I know how it feels.
It's not even a question of the specific mechanics of a spell or special move or something. It's not an issue that requires having pvped. I think everyone understand that gearing is a pain sometimes, and people who die a lot need to gear a lot. That's the whole issue. It's really not super complicated.

I'll log on and try pk someone today, maybe that will up my cred a bit. :p