• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 21 - Pot & Kettle

N

neverplayuo

man this shard is so freekin dead you can only wish for the tc aod opk sdn days to come back

E

Elwood

**** i hate you guys so much.
Ok let's see if I can stir up a hornets nest here...

Paradox you are still a deadbeat loser. Time goes on but it's good to see some things will never change.

So the Rons are still playing UO huh? What happened to those grand plans of moving to the US to make their fortune, remember that? They were going on about for ages and that was what, over a year ago now?? I guess it proves what I knew all along, they are full of ****.

Oh, and I heard Pet has found true love and he is lobbying to become the first legally married gay couple in Australia. Good on you Pet, hope it works out for you mate!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok let's see if I can stir up a hornets nest here...

Paradox you are still a deadbeat loser. Time goes on but it's good to see some things will never change.
QFT

So the Rons are still playing UO huh? What happened to those grand plans of moving to the US to make their fortune, remember that? They were going on about for ages and that was what, over a year ago now?? I guess it proves what I knew all along, they are full of ****.
Well the latest is, they quit accounting and are now in the air force or something... And at the moment, they are in the middle europe, probably catching some form of STI.. Hang on, come to think of you, that would be why Paradox or Petrify hasnt replied to you... their "protectors" arent here anymore.

D

dum3886

SUPPORT CLASSIC SHARDD WOOOO!!!!!!!!! I WANT A CLASSIC SHARD!!! SO I CAN MAKE A ****TY GUILD AGAIN :DDDDDDD!!!! I already have a name... "Order of Your Mums"!! OYM!!!!! WOOOOO!!!

Nushmama - Queen of Mums!

V

Venus_AUPK

Classic shard wont happen and if it dose do u really think u will ping well from Oceania?

Also dose any one remember how slow the game and pvp was back then......
5-6 spells and you were out of mana, 11 second bandages at 100 dex, weapons that would swing at there normal speed no 1.25 secs per hit. i could go on.

D

dum3886

Based on what u just said i can already tell u didn't pvp much back then because if u can only do 6-7 spells... it means u didn't pvp much at all... or u were just down right bad. And for weapons... sure if u use a halberd of a double axe or that big hammer where u could cause concussions or a long spear for para.. yes of course its slow.. but u get the chance of a special which can effect the battle. Katanas were not all that slow either actually. Sure it wasn't the 100 hits a seconds like the katana of today but it wasn't dead slow.

As for ping... i will be fine... won't go into more detail about that :p

Also... if the new uo is so good... why is ocieana dead lol?.... its not literally dead but compared to 1999-2003 (when i played... before i started again in 2007) it was a LOT more populated... at times the number of people at WBB would = the entire population of oceania atm.

V

Venus_AUPK

OK so 6-7 spells may have been exaggerated.

But compared to pvp now pvp then was slow, the basic principals were the same if 2+ mages cast exp eb (now days exp fs) on you u died.
Unless your got a resist roll (now days apples or being un cursed)

Duels were a lot more skillful n took timing strategy n mana management back then it wasnt just bleed poison magic arrow n harm spam until some one dies

If they do make a classic shard, and I still doubt they will it may add 6 months excitement for some players then they will leave again just like they did years ago

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so 6-7 spells may have been exaggerated.

But compared to pvp now pvp then was slow, the basic principals were the same if 2+ mages cast exp eb (now days exp fs) on you u died.
Unless your got a resist roll (now days apples or being un cursed)

Duels were a lot more skillful n took timing strategy n mana management back then it wasnt just bleed poison magic arrow n harm spam until some one dies

If they do make a classic shard, and I still doubt they will it may add 6 months excitement for some players then they will leave again just like they did years ago
QFT

D

dum3886

I just randomly had some friends stay over at my house.. woke up to one of them playing uo on a free shard t2a (had no idea anyone i knew in r/l even knew what uo was)... and on his screen it had more people than i had seen in oceania in the last 6 months i played... now seeing t2a is now ohhh 9 yrs old... why are there so many server like that still around if people got "bored" so quickly?

U think we left years ago because we got bored? Obviously u were not there at the time. People left because of Pub 16 nothing more. The game changes from that day. As for exp Fs... y dun u just make a suit with 105 fire resist w/o compromising LMC HCI DCI etc... ok a bit of LRC but nothing arcane boots can't fit (90% LRC+)... i ran that when i played and that was over a year ago.. corpse skin did 0 to me... and that was even b4 i had imbuing.

And if it is so easy to kill people... why is it so hard to kill the rons... i am sure not much has changed since i left... the rons prolly roll over people ratio of 1:3 whenever they come back.. i admit i got rolled over by them too, nothing to be ashamed of. At least Le Lo Llama and I were able to roll over some of OPK or at least fight on par with them (excluding rons)... demonstrating i probably do understand the fundamentals of pvp quite well actually. Pvp now is not just two spells and it wasn't just "exp corp por" then too.. 2 spellers r what idiots do. And the ron's ability to survive through such spamming is proof of this.

I'm not saying the new UO is ****... i did play with all of u guys from 2007-2009... the population has just gone to ****s especially after the majority of TC/OPK left... Only reason i have to subscribe again is if they bring a Classic shard out... i'll play even if its 150 ping... better than nothing..

and justa quick question.

Mondain when did u even start UO... i highly doubt u can even add to this convo if u never were around back then.. i have played uo from 1999-2003 and 2007-2009... i'm guessing u started some time after 2003 at the earliest. Because based on how u played when i was around there is no way u could be a very old vet.

U

Unsatisfied

man this shard is so freekin dead you can only wish for the tc aod opk sdn days to come back
I logged on to see what was happening for the first time in years the other day and im still in AoD... Lol. And no, we wont be coming back to this item based hell hole.

U

Unsatisfied

Ive been playing a different free shard to this other dude on t2a, its also classic, has been around for almost 7 years now and ive been on it consistantly barring a couple of breaks for a month or two for about 5 - 6 years now... It still after almost 7 years has an average of about 600 off peak and about 900 at peak times after this long... Thats a little more than 6 months excitement. How many of the 26 EA servers in the current ****ty state can boast that the absolute minimum on at any one time is about 500 - 600 active players? And not spread across how many lands? like 6 or 7? Where u can run around for hours and not see a single person... This is the orignal britannia and the addition of t2a lands... with anywhere up to 1100-1200 people at any one time.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mondain when did u even start UO... i highly doubt u can even add to this convo if u never were around back then.. i have played uo from 1999-2003 and 2007-2009... i'm guessing u started some time after 2003 at the earliest. Because based on how u played when i was around there is no way u could be a very old vet.
I started playing in 2001 and had a hiatic from 2003-2006(school. Unlike most of this game). Been playing ever since. So I can add to this convo. I just didnt fel pvp until 2006. And before that I pvp'd on a dexxer on 56k. BUT i do know how the old mage pvp works. Ive played several Pre UO:R shards, the pvp isnt ****ing hard. Its slow enough that im sure my 5 year old cousin can see whats going on.

Also I am all for a Classic shard... It just wont work. There are to many free servers out there that can offer alot more then what EA can.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been playing a different free shard to this other dude on t2a, its also classic, has been around for almost 7 years now and ive been on it consistantly barring a couple of breaks for a month or two for about 5 - 6 years now... It still after almost 7 years has an average of about 600 off peak and about 900 at peak times after this long... Thats a little more than 6 months excitement. How many of the 26 EA servers in the current ****ty state can boast that the absolute minimum on at any one time is about 500 - 600 active players? And not spread across how many lands? like 6 or 7? Where u can run around for hours and not see a single person... This is the orignal britannia and the addition of t2a lands... with anywhere up to 1100-1200 people at any one time.
Comparing free servers to a EA classis sever isnt possible. Do you think people would leave a shard, where they dont have to pay, or train brand new characters. And even if they did, they would get bored, because they will either get owned to bad, or they develop 1, maybe 2 characters and decide I've done this before. I'm going to log back onto *insert shard name here*, never to return to EA.

BUT this is even if EA think that devoting their already hard-stretched resources to this is worth while. IMHO I dont think they will. They cant get their current servers to run 100%.

So lets leave this thread as a OCEANIA PVP thread, and not a Classic server thread.

U

Unsatisfied

Comparing free servers to a EA classis sever isnt possible. Do you think people would leave a shard, where they dont have to pay, or train brand new characters. And even if they did, they would get bored, because they will either get owned to bad, or they develop 1, maybe 2 characters and decide I've done this before. I'm going to log back onto *insert shard name here*, never to return to EA.

BUT this is even if EA think that devoting their already hard-stretched resources to this is worth while. IMHO I dont think they will. They cant get their current servers to run 100%.

So lets leave this thread as a OCEANIA PVP thread, and not a Classic server thread.
They will get owned too bad? Why would they get owned any differently on this classic server compared to their current. And I don't think people would leave free shards for an ea classic. I know they would. I am one of them. There are so many reasons why but as you said this isn't the thread to express my reasons for wanting a classic shard.

But just remember on your other point about spending ea resources on a classic shard keep this in mind. Since about 2000 every update has been resources spent in a way that everyone supporting a classic shard hasn't wanted. So isn't it about time we got some resources spent where we want it? And there is plenty of us.

Anyway I'm just here to urge anyone still playing that did play back in the hay day, pre aos, pre tram -E- days... One days... Aod... The real OPK and TC days even to come show your support for a classic server. I'll leave you to your thread now.

V

Venus_AUPK

What was so great about classic UO that you cant have in present day UO?
All i can think of if heaps or blues to slaughter

Its not an item based game any more!! Because every one has access to the same gear through imbuing, if you have a bad suit its your own fault.

Nearly every mage on the shard is running a similar suit all 70s, 40 lmc, 100 LRC, 10+MR, 70 dci, hci for tactics mages, then stat bonus.

You could say its same as every one wearing gm leather just instead of when u die going home n throwing on another suit you just press your dress macro.

Yes the Rons have probably the best team work Oceania has ever seen, but every single night Me, Clog, Dragod and some times Malistra fight fake OPK or Minax 2 or 3 v 6 as a minimum. If they don't have at least double our numbers they wont fight us, or they play dog dismount chars or tamers

Finally NO ONE CARES how good u think you were doesn't mean anything if you cant back it up.

Evolution
[TAFE]

D

Dain

lol scuse me, but Minax is hard pushed getting 3 people online at any time, let alone up to 6 PvPers. Also, I'm 100% sure that given the opportunity, irrelevant of numbers, myself and/or Held would come fight you any time.

If you're after some claim to glory that you're currently the superior PvP team on Oceania, you need only go back a few days to the last time I PvPed, when it was 3 Held's Vs Nosfer, Evolution and Eclipse. Pretty sure once the 3 of us were on Helds we wiped you 4-5 times without a death?

U

Unsatisfied

What was so great about classic UO that you cant have in present day UO?
All i can think of if heaps or blues to slaughter

Its not an item based game any more!! Because every one has access to the same gear through imbuing, if you have a bad suit its your own fault.

Nearly every mage on the shard is running a similar suit all 70s, 40 lmc, 100 LRC, 10+MR, 70 dci, hci for tactics mages, then stat bonus.

You could say its same as every one wearing gm leather just instead of when u die going home n throwing on another suit you just press your dress macro.

Yes the Rons have probably the best team work Oceania has ever seen, but every single night Me, Clog, Dragod and some times Malistra fight fake OPK or Minax 2 or 3 v 6 as a minimum. If they don't have at least double our numbers they wont fight us, or they play dog dismount chars or tamers

Finally NO ONE CARES how good u think you were doesn't mean anything if you cant back it up.

Evolution
[TAFE]

Wtf, where did I start talking about how good I am? And even if I did, how would I "back it up" when we pretty much play completely different games now.

and what differences were there? hows a massive community and player base for one? what does current UO have? How many players are you averaging on at one time on Oceania these days? How long can you run around without even running into someone randomly other than if your at a few key places? Theres so many other differences and better things about classic UO but like I said I agree with the earlier poster this isnt the place for me to go on about it... I've got a thread with 9 pages over the last 4 weeks for that.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol scuse me, but Minax is hard pushed getting 3 people online at any time, let alone up to 6 PvPers. Also, I'm 100% sure that given the opportunity, irrelevant of numbers, myself and/or Held would come fight you any time.

If you're after some claim to glory that you're currently the superior PvP team on Oceania, you need only go back a few days to the last time I PvPed, when it was 3 Held's Vs Nosfer, Evolution and Eclipse. Pretty sure once the 3 of us were on Helds we wiped you 4-5 times without a death?
Dain, Nosferatu has been with us for a little over a week. His teamwork isnt 100% atm. But he is still better then 99% of your guild(s). And that day was pretty much a fluke. I'll put money on it, it wont happen very often. Replace Nos, with the other Evo and we would have destroyed you lot. Me and Venus(other evo) have done it countless times, even before Dragod joined us.

----

Also, whoever was playing the Helds lastnight, Well done........... Cut yourself off from us so you cant fight.... I just wish we got some screenshots. The most offensive spells you were casting before I logged, was Paralyze Field and Wall of Stone. Occationally when you got someone trapped, you tried a little more offensive, but that was it..

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wtf, where did I start talking about how good I am? And even if I did, how would I "back it up" when we pretty much play completely different games now.
I think that part of his post was directed at Nush....

At least Le Lo Llama and I were able to roll over some of OPK or at least fight on par with them (excluding rons)...
Not like that was much of an effort..

D

Dain

Been with you less than a week you say? Big disadvantage?

This was what, 4 days and I have been back to UO a week as of today. After about 5 months of not playing (2-3 months account inactivety) and that was the first time I have ever PvPed with Vendome!

Don't delude yourself mate, you wont be very successful with your explo fs gangksquad anymore. :(

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been with you less than a week you say? Big disadvantage?

This was what, 4 days and I have been back to UO a week as of today. After about 5 months of not playing (2-3 months account inactivety) and that was the first time I have ever PvPed with Vendome!

Don't delude yourself mate, you wont be very successful with your explo fs gangksquad anymore. :(
It is a big disadvantage. Especially since we very rarely talk in vent, since we know each others game inside and out. Trying to guessing what we are doing can be hard.

And Dain, the only time your guilds fight is when you out number us 2-3x. Not hard to wipe 3 people with double numbers...

Also, you know what I think of Vendome and his "playstyle" ive spoke to you on icq about it. And it is fairly obvious. Thus why we are starting to play EC.

D

Dain

We don't even have vent lol, and im pretty sure 3v3 isn't 2-3x your numbers. And hardly a fluke, we wiped you like... 5 times after complete restocks?

H

Held

It is a big disadvantage. Especially since we very rarely talk in vent, since we know each others game inside and out. Trying to guessing what we are doing can be hard.

And Dain, the only time your guilds fight is when you out number us 2-3x. Not hard to wipe 3 people with double numbers...

Also, you know what I think of Vendome and his "playstyle" ive spoke to you on icq about it. And it is fairly obvious. Thus why we are starting to play EC.

lol Clog, me and Vendome fought last night 2 v 4... The night before it was 3 v 4, and we won every fight.. Yeah still outnumbering by 1 , but not by "2-3x."

P.S - woot pvp forum is finally starting to get used again.

D

Dain

Only 8pm and already the TAFE/7AFE boys have been killed 3v2 and 2v2 4 times.

0 Deaths to Minax, and its either been equal numbers or you with more.

**** boys guess what, My held is also only on 590 kill points atm, 90 of which are focus!

**** I just remembered, were you even househiding when it was 2v3 and you were on your Yumi archers?!

D

Dain

LoL Okay then, I will accept that.

You were househiding while afk, probably going to punch a wall get rid of some of that UO rage, or go take a smoke. Then you came back and died. ^^

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a silly statement! The game is more item based now than it has ever been. Now, unless you have a well put together nub imbued suit, or a leet real suit, you are stuffed.

Go and tell the guy that has no suit and wants to pvp that it's not an item based game anymore! LOL

If the game was "not an item based game any more" then nobody would need any suit or items in order to compete (similar to how it was pre-AoS). Under the AoS system the game will ALWAYS be item based, imbuing changes nothing at all as far as that is concerned.

Because every one has access to the same gear through imbuing, if you have a bad suit its your own fault.
Everyone had access to the same gear before imbuing, some people were just not good enough/to lazy to get access to it. If you didn't have a good suit before imbuing, or you had to buy all your items off brokers outside the game, then you only had yourself to blame and it was all your own fault.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT, unfortunately, the biggest free shards are far bigger than the biggest OSI shard (Atlantic), and some of the biggest free shards are 'classic shards.'

A classic shard would get far more 'new' (returning) players to UO than things like the 3D client.

Besides the returning players, I am sure that there are many (like me) who only play on OSI shards who would love to play on a real classic (t2a) shard.

D

Dain

There are HEAPS of people on the free servers that would love to return to EA if they accomodated them.

Except for the very elite few free server which have been around for a very long time (and even then, only to an extent) are very unstable, often experience full wipes, extreme lag and most of all curruption in their staff/admin. If anything EA can atleast offe... wait nvm >< *facepalm*

U

Unsatisfied

What a silly statement! The game is more item based now than it has ever been. Now, unless you have a well put together nub imbued suit, or a leet real suit, you are stuffed.

Go and tell the guy that has no suit and wants to pvp that it's not an item based game anymore! LOL

If the game was "not an item based game any more" then nobody would need any suit or items in order to compete (similar to how it was pre-AoS). Under the AoS system the game will ALWAYS be item based, imbuing changes nothing at all as far as that is concerned.

Everyone had access to the same gear before imbuing, some people were just not good enough/to lazy to get access to it. If you didn't have a good suit before imbuing, or you had to buy all your items off brokers outside the game, then you only had yourself to blame and it was all your own fault.
**** I remember the days where me and a few people would join chaos and go naked with a store bought kryss and 30 bandages into Britain jewellers, some of us wouldn't even be gm fencing, everyone would hide near the door, one person revealed inside the jeweler and one hidden outside ready to box people who charged us in the doorway. We would down totally geared people one by one or two by two by boxing them in and spamming them with our store bought kryss' then we could even bank their loot from the safety of our jeweller cos it was against the bank. If we ever died we lost a 50gp kryss and some bandages each. We had decked out mages too but this was a fun way to fund them :)

D

dum3886

Screw Gm-ing.. get 99.9 so in ur paperdoll it doesn't come up with Grandmaster that way people would think ur a newbie with a half trained character :D

U

Unsatisfied

Screw Gm-ing.. get 99.9 so in ur paperdoll it doesn't come up with Grandmaster that way people would think ur a newbie with a half trained character :D
Don't worry I never had enough fame on those characters

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Lastnight really re-sparked my interest in UO pvp, for the little time I was on anyway.

Keep it up. Good to see some returning players, and also some new names trying pvp. For the newcomers to pvp, dont hesitate to talk to me, Ill try to help you out as much as I can.

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Holy crap, people still play UO. I guess I lost a number of bets as I said Oceania would be closed down or merged by now.

Oh well, thats my UO fix for another 5 years, good luck and thanks for all the fish.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blows dust off stratics account*

*coughs as he inhales some dust*

Hows the PVP scene on oceania atm?

H

Held

It's great... 20 vs 20 fights every single night. No tamers or dismounts too!