• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now that the "Clean Up Britania" turns ins are out.....

G

I hate to say it, but unless the armor has a bit more "oomph" to it, it's going to be no better than deco... basically 2008's version of Phoenix armor (which is so rare because barely ANYONE chose it during the original Clean Up Britannia).

Let's see 42 resists and +6 HP vs 70 Resists, Blessed, and Self Repair...

I think you'll see a LOT more fighters in Virtue Armor before you see them in Knight's Armor.

Again, this is assuming that what is listed is ALL that is involved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to say it, but unless the armor has a bit more "oomph" to it, it's going to be no better than deco... basically 2008's version of Phoenix armor (which is so rare because barely ANYONE chose it during the original Clean Up Britannia).

Let's see 42 resists and +6 HP vs 70 Resists, Blessed, and Self Repair...

I think you'll see a LOT more fighters in Virtue Armor before you see them in Knight's Armor.

Again, this is assuming that what is listed is ALL that is involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Virtue armor has self-repair?

G

As a full set it does.

Self Repair 5 on each piece when the full set is present

G

Wait a sec...

...just happened to notice a small statement about the turn in:

Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards

Maybe it will be worth it to turn in items but save up the tickets...

Hrm.

G

no cake? but ... but ... I have a ticket!

I really need to start participating in these events more often ... looking at the list, I've suddenly just realized that I haven't actually done any event-item-collecting since the rat coins (give or take some kind gifts from a shardmate).

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Oh...that's a good point too...It did take quite a bit more work stocking up on ophid items than it did to get some of these newer items...Berserker Scythes were relatively easy to get...yet the ophid rations are worth 10 points? and scythe 7500? ...still makes it hardly worth holding onto the older items...now it'll just be a mad rush by everyone to go get the scythes...

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so I got about 150 ophid items in 3-4 days, yet I got 6 brserkers sythes in 7 weeks of events. I think the comparassion is fair as it is. Now granted I thorw out about a 100 of the ophid items. But I think the ratio is ok.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Oh...that's a good point too...It did take quite a bit more work stocking up on ophid items than it did to get some of these newer items...Berserker Scythes were relatively easy to get...yet the ophid rations are worth 10 points? and scythe 7500? ...still makes it hardly worth holding onto the older items...now it'll just be a mad rush by everyone to go get the scythes...

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so I got about 150 ophid items in 3-4 days, yet I got 6 brserkers sythes in 7 weeks of events. I think the comparassion is fair as it is. Now granted I thorw out about a 100 of the ophid items. But I think the ratio is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this debate about the ophidian item worth is strictly about the comparative ease in hunting for these items. I think it is also about those who faithfully kept them around all this time to finally turn them in. That faith should also be factored into the item value.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think this debate about the ophidian item worth is strictly about the comparative ease in hunting for these items. I think it is also about those who faithfully kept them around all this time to finally turn them in. That faith should also be factored into the item value.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree, that would make it boil down to who either has the most accounts with houses on them, or who has the biggest house Castles can store 4000 of these crap items and barely notice the space loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? The ophidian rations were stackable, right? So you consolidate in one stack, trading the others away for items of the same stack. Then everyone need only hang onto one stack of rations.

I

imported_Hanna

Well either it didn't take that much faithfullness to save all those and you got probably 10 times what i did. Stackable yes, but they came in like 4-5 shades of each type. Some look the same color but don't stack.

Sorry the turn in should not be about who has the most lock downs and was able to save all the crap from 2-3 years ago.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well either it didn't take that much faithfullness to save all those and you got probably 10 times what i did. Stackable yes, but they came in like 4-5 shades of each type. Some look the same color but don't stack.

Sorry the turn in should not be about who has the most lock downs and was able to save all the crap from 2-3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite familiar with that. That's why my friends would get together and trade so we weren't wasting lockdowns with multiple stacks. We don't have castles all over the place either. Instead, we used our head and prepared for this. We got boats, which anyone can do, and faithfully refreshed them.

I find your last line to be amusing. The whole point of those ophidian rations was to save them to turn in later, so yes, this turn in should be about that. It's an event which started 2-3 years ago which is finally coming to fruition. People who thought things through and were patient enough should be rewarded, not the people now who are crying sour grapes because they didn't bother to think things through.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite familiar with that. That's why my friends would get together and trade so we weren't wasting lockdowns with multiple stacks. We don't have castles all over the place either. Instead, we used our head and prepared for this. We got boats, which anyone can do, and faithfully refreshed them.

I find your last line to be amusing. The whole point of those ophidian rations was to save them to turn in later, so yes, this turn in should be about that. It's an event which started 2-3 years ago which is finally coming to fruition. People who were thought things through and patient enough should be rewarded, not the people now who are crying sour grapes because they didn't bother to think things through.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree. Why shouldn't those people who've been wasting lockdowns or refreshing boats for the past couple of years be rewarded. Draconi said when they were given out that these items would have a purpose. That's why people kept them all of this time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't believe the amount of (trying to find another word for complaining that's apropriate..) "complaining" going on about the turn in items.
#1 If you don't want any of the items then don't trade for them.
#2 If you feel your item is better than what it's being traded for then don't trade for it.
#3 How much more "complaining" (again insert other word) would there be about how "OVERPOWERED" and in need of a "NERF" the items were if they put in whatever it is you people are thinking should have been put in.
Surprised Draconi does anything for us anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I wasn't very exited about the rewards, but then I realized that if I didnt want the rewards I didint have to turn anything in. I think too many people may be comparing this to the original Clean up brit program. The original program was done to prepare for the new housing rules and reduce server maint time. This program is to reward those that saved the items from the events. These items are usefull but not uber. I am curious to get more details about the T-shirts, thinking about if they can be used for guests at the next event I host.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I find your last line to be amusing. The whole point of those ophidian rations was to save them to turn in later, so yes, this turn in should be about that. It's an event which started 2-3 years ago which is finally coming to fruition. People who thought things through and were patient enough should be rewarded, not the people now who are crying sour grapes because they didn't bother to think things through.

[/ QUOTE ]Lol ok, I have about 1/3 of the ophid items I started with. I had a bout 5 items that stacked with others, so I was suppose to find people to share stacking space on something that really had no apparent use, no turn ins were promised. They mearly said that some of the items might be useful in a later event. Combine ophid items with the 1000s of other items were told to collect. I think UO dropped the ball created to much item collection, didn't keep people informed of what would be a turn in (mainly because they hadn't thought of it yet), people had no choice but to start throwing out the least likely items to have a turn in.

They dropped thousands of items on us hoping we would "buy" more space, or more accounts. All it really did was irrate most people. No I don't think you should get anything special for choosing to hold on to those specific items, it that was the case the Cursed arties from the first halloween event and magic weapons should even have more weight as they started in the britain invasion.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

Not at all impressed by these items.
I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

the items are fine , and not gonna mess up pvp with silly over powered items
thumbs up dev's !!!!!!

L

Lady Katherine

Could I make a small request to the dev team? In the interest of Ultima lore (especially since the team seems to be making a return to it with the upcoming Warriors of Destiny storyline coming), could you please make the snake skin boots Swamp Boots? If they are going to have poison resists, that would be a great rename.

Of course, in the Ultima games they made you totally immune to poison, but I doubt that would happen in UO...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lol ok, I have about 1/3 of the ophid items I started with. I had a bout 5 items that stacked with others, so I was suppose to find people to share stacking space on something that really had no apparent use, no turn ins were promised. They mearly said that some of the items might be useful in a later event. Combine ophid items with the 1000s of other items were told to collect. I think UO dropped the ball created to much item collection, didn't keep people informed of what would be a turn in (mainly because they hadn't thought of it yet), people had no choice but to start throwing out the least likely items to have a turn in.

They dropped thousands of items on us hoping we would "buy" more space, or more accounts. All it really did was irrate most people. No I don't think you should get anything special for choosing to hold on to those specific items, it that was the case the Cursed arties from the first halloween event and magic weapons should even have more weight as they started in the britain invasion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was mentioned during the ophidian invasion that ophidian rations would be a turn-in later down the line. Now where exactly it was mentioned, I can't recall. One of the bones I have to pick with the Dev team is they say things in Stratics threads and everyone is expected to know about it. That's what the patch screen and uo.com are for, so we can find information without having to sort through the rants. So in that regard, you do have my sympathy and I see where you're coming from on that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Could I make a small request to the dev team? In the interest of Ultima lore (especially since the team seems to be making a return to it with the upcoming Warriors of Destiny storyline coming), could you please make the snake skin boots Swamp Boots? If they are going to have poison resists, that would be a great rename.

Of course, in the Ultima games they made you totally immune to poison, but I doubt that would happen in UO...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Katherine! An excellent idea! Now if only the NPC who trades for them is a big sumo wrestler looking guy named Utomo.

I

imported_TurboTimmy

<blockquote><hr>

I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't of said it better myself. The items proposed right now are down right rotten. None are really benefical for PvM or PvP. They are complete Bank-Sitter Items, with the exception of the Alacrity scrolls. (I never was too crazy about alcrity scrolls anyways)

A

AncientGeek

<blockquote><hr>

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q: How many people do you think actually got and kept the 1000 ophidian rations it would take to get a single mid-level reward?
A: No one

The problem is that you based the turn in amounts on the ML resource library and museum turn-in. However, you failed to consider that many of those amounts have been borked since inception and were designed to absorb the impact of scripting unlimited resources over nearly unlimited time-- neither of which applies to turning in goods that were created in finite amounts three years ago and earned in combat. Good idea, totally unrealistic turn-in amounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Q: How many people do you think actually got and kept the 1000 ophidian rations it would take to get a single mid-level reward?

[/ QUOTE ]
I ... *double checks* ... doh. only 942. I guess you're right.

G

You'd be surprised... the rations are easier than most since they are 40 stacked items (10 food types, 4 shades).

I've done worse though with over 1000 rat coins alone

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually.. i've sooooo gotta agree with that.. change it from snake skin colors to shades of green and change the name.. I can understand the snake skin connection.. but this really is the perfect time for something like this.

A

AncientGeek

Exactly, so you, representing the most die-hard collectors with massive storage, have almost (but not quite) enough ophidian items to turn in for a single mid-level reward. I don't get it. The vast majority of people have kept far fewer items and no more will ever enter the game.

G

Although I'm not impressed with the items in the useful sense of mind, they are turn ins. I also wonder if they will have usefulness down the road, as suggested with the mouse and the soon to come town criar system? Whatever that is...

Tshirt... doesn't really interest me. The knight armor is interesting but pretty low level. If its of fairly cheap point value I won't have any complaints, but if it takes 10+ zerker scythes per piece, I will be slightly annoyed.

Also, for the discussion about the stuff being specific for specific items I think you would be alienating new and returing players WAY to much. Also, as someone so hastily commented about Hanna selling her valuable items, well no one held a gun to your (the people who have saved them) head and made you save all your items. You made that deicision on your own, and why should you be rewarded more than anyone else who has been collecting but not necessarily as long as you because they weren't playing the game when events took place?

Just as Hanna won't be rewarded for making her choice to sell her items, you shouldn't be rewarded more for your personal decision to hold your items. Edit: Well other than the fact that by holding you will have more tickets.

If you have any complaints, it should be with the devs imho, for not setting up a turn in event earlier. Waiting 3 years to turn in stuff is a bit long don't you think, but you can't punish people who weren't there for the turn in items by making certain items only available through certain turn ins.

Next time maybe push for a quicker turn in event, then the items you recieve from the turn ins will only be for those turn ins.

Also, the suggestion comes off as a little greedy. *shrugs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you based the turn in amounts on the ML resource library and museum turn-in. However, you failed to consider that many of those amounts have been borked since inception and were designed to absorb the impact of scripting unlimited resources over nearly unlimited time-- neither of which applies to turning in goods that were created in finite amounts three years ago and earned in combat. Good idea, totally unrealistic turn-in amounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have a feeling that I'm going to turn in all our rations and not even be able to afford a t-shirt the way it is set now. If that be the case, then ophidian rations will have been a huge waste. I will be quite angry if the berzerker scythes I got far outstrip the rations I've been hanging onto all this time.

G

She's close on the Swamp Boots, but not quite.

They actually protected you against poison from swamps (in the single player Ultimas (at least 6 and 7), walking in a swamp would poison you), but not from poison altogether.

As a tangent, when I first started UO, I started on Great Lakes (before moving to LS), I started in Minoc and tried to find my way on foot to Britain. Of course I came to the big swamp area and actually thought that it would work the same way as in the single player Ultimas (that you would get poisoned walking in the swamp)... but it was not so.

Still, I'll probably end up calling them Swamp Boots anyway when I get mine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

She's close on the Swamp Boots, but not quite.

They actually protected you against poison from swamps (in the single player Ultimas (at least 6 and 7), walking in a swamp would poison you), but not from poison altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I know, but wouldn't you consider poison resists the most appropriate UO equivalent for that without being unbalancing? Besides, they can always make swamps poison us later on and add the functionality.

G

I'd agree with that.

It'd still be nice (and I don't think overpowered) if the boots could "break" the 70 cap and give a possible 72 as well.

Still, I vote for Swamp Boots!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Although I'm not impressed with the items in the useful sense of mind, they are turn ins. I also wonder if they will have usefulness down the road, as suggested with the mouse and the soon to come town criar system? Whatever that is...

Tshirt... doesn't really interest me. The knight armor is interesting but pretty low level. If its of fairly cheap point value I won't have any complaints, but if it takes 10+ zerker scythes per piece, I will be slightly annoyed.

Also, for the discussion about the stuff being specific for specific items I think you would be alienating new and returing players WAY to much. Also, as someone so hastily commented about Hanna selling her valuable items, well no one held a gun to your (the people who have saved them) head and made you save all your items. You made that deicision on your own, and why should you be rewarded more than anyone else who has been collecting but not necessarily as long as you because they weren't playing the game when events took place?

Just as Hanna won't be rewarded for making her choice to sell her items, you shouldn't be rewarded more for your personal decision to hold your items. Edit: Well other than the fact that by holding you will have more tickets.

If you have any complaints, it should be with the devs imho, for not setting up a turn in event earlier. Waiting 3 years to turn in stuff is a bit long don't you think, but you can't punish people who weren't there for the turn in items by making certain items only available through certain turn ins.

Next time maybe push for a quicker turn in event, then the items you recieve from the turn ins will only be for those turn ins.

Also, the suggestion comes off as a little greedy. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question sounds very much like, "Lets sell powerscrolls at the provisioners because people shouldn't be penalized for their choice not to pvp and hunt in Fel." This isn't just about a choice, but about the effort that went into hanging onto these things for years.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't of said it better myself. The items proposed right now are down right rotten. None are really benefical for PvM or PvP. They are complete Bank-Sitter Items, with the exception of the Alacrity scrolls. (I never was too crazy about alcrity scrolls anyways)

[/ QUOTE ]

last thing we need are some crazy items that has ANY impact on pvp imho

G

So you put out Bronze Runic level items mod-wise, each with a themed set of mods with unique graphics to go with them and it's win-win...

The mods are good enough to be useful but not overpowering and the unique graphics make them special in their own right.

Seems easy enough.

G

The problem is if they increase the power too much, it will become the new base standard and they'll have to go higher the next time. It's best for rewards like this to stay on the low end.

G

That's why I stated Bronze runic level. If you average out the current Bronze intensity range, you get about 75% intensity. Not Artifact level, nor would they need to have 5 mods... probably 2 mods and a nice bump to resists and that's all they need.

Not overpowered at all, and Bronze runics aren't that hard to get anyway.

G

Slightly different circumstances and rather exaggerated with power scrolls seeing as they're always available, and event items are not. Also it is a persons choice to get powerscrolls or not to get powerscrolls. Also the powerscroll topic is an entirely different topic, and was poorly implemented.

Also getting a power scroll takes a little more effort than sticking an item in a box and letting it sit in your house.

The only thing that making certain turn ins give certain rewards would do is limit the rewards of returning/new collectors and for what gain?

I sympathize with you, but I think this should have been addressed 3 years ago when you started collecting the items, and not now. Too little too late to be complaining about it imho

G

<blockquote><hr>

But I must agree, the rewards are rather lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I was a tad dissappointed. I was expecting something neat like the first clean up Britannia...and...

Maybe the mouse statue will be nice, and the nightsight earrings are good.

But I gotta ask..."Total: 42% resists, +6HP as a set of 6 items"...eh? Who in their right mind would wear that? I mean...if it's just for looks, why give it any stats at all? That one I just don't understand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Slightly different circumstances and rather exaggerated with power scrolls seeing as they're always available, and event items are not. Also it is a persons choice to get powerscrolls or not to get powerscrolls. Also the powerscroll topic is an entirely different topic, and was poorly implemented.

Also getting a power scroll takes a little more effort than sticking an item in a box and letting it sit in your house.

The only thing that making certain turn ins give certain rewards would do is limit the rewards of returning/new collectors and for what gain?

I sympathize with you, but I think this should have been addressed 3 years ago when you started collecting the items, and not now. Too little too late to be complaining about it imho

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting items in your house? It's like laying down fine wine. It wasn't that simple though. As I mentioned before, we had them on a ship and have been refreshing the ship all along. So like pvpers put the effort into getting the scrolls, I put the effort into holding these items for a turn-in, planning for it when they said back during the ophidian invasion that the rations would be used as a turn-in. What's more, it's not too late to comment because the turn-in hasn't gone live. They can still adjust the values of the turn-in to make it worth our while for having held those items.

I

imported_Hanna

Like you said the only effort was trading with friends after so that would only have to use one lockdown or a 1000 count, right? Oh wait that's right orders dont stack, nor do skins, so you got so many orders and skins you had to resort to using a boat. I am sure you ressorted to using the boat when you gather your 5k of rubble

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I love my vorpal blade. It has become one of my favorite weapons. Why put that as a tradein without offering something equally useful.

2. Mystic/Power/Vanq Weapons aren't really dropping much anymore. Besides, what if we need them again in the future? If it wasn't for my Mystic Broadsword i wouldn't be getting much from bezerkers. Can you honestly say these weapons will have no future use?

3. I will happily trade in all those cursed arties if you can promise there will be no way to uncurse it in the future.

To sum it up...You have alot of items for trade-in that may prove useful to us in the future without offering much of anything that really makes it worth it. What does the future hold for us? Promise us we wont regret trading in the items i mentioned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Like you said the only effort was trading with friends after so that would only have to use one lockdown or a 1000 count, right? Oh wait that's right orders dont stack, nor do skins, so you got so many orders and skins you had to resort to using a boat. I am sure you ressorted to using the boat when you gather your 5k of rubble

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the orders and snake skins were in the boat. We've made room for them in a house now with the trade in looming just to make sure nothing goes wrong. I had very little ruble though. So not sure what your post is about. Are you trying to make a point? I still haven't heard anything in your arguments to sway me from my opinion.

G

RTLFC

One thing I think they could have done better was instead of having to drag everything to the collection points was, how they did it in the original clean up, place a trash can in your house and dump everything in there. You could access how many points you had accumilated via the trash can and if my memory serves me correctly pick your new items from them as well.

Thinking of how much a lot of that rubble weighs it's going to take a lot of trips back and forth even with the VW Beetles.

G

No promises are needed ... it will always be a risk to make a trade. The scrolls of alacrity are just so cool that I can't see them not making it into the game more permanently some point down the road (I haven't dared actually use any I have though because they still feel like collectables rather than consumables). It may even turn out that future events will give new turn ins for this same collection (although "spring cleaning 2008" does sound rather temporary).

There's nothing forcing you to trade something in if you feel it is more valuable as is. In fact, I would go so far as to say the collection would still do its job even if they just made up a list of random numbers for the value that ignored how rare things were (well, the ophidian rations, being stackable, probably need to be much lower to avoid swamping the collection).

As for my thoughts:

Shirts - I'm really curious what these will say, I'm pretty much certain to be able to afford a few.

Nocturne Earrings - cool ability, makes suits a lot easier to assemble, but I just can't see any of my characters wearing earrings so I'll probably pass on them unless I have points to spare.

RBG Sashes - I picked an old one up at an in-game auction and foolishly dyed it not knowing the significance. I would like to get a Vesper one.

Scroll of Alacrity - I can't see how these won't be eventually added to the game permanently. I'd be burning through them like crazy if they were more common ... alas, they feel more like collectibles right now.

Sherry the Mouse Statue - I think this will be my top priority if I can afford it. I'm curiously what changes to the town crier system (or at least how its used) are being foreshadowed here.

Snake Skin Boots - oh, these would be nice to get a pair for just about every character, but on the other hand, I don't really have a character focused on reptile-hunting right now. I'll need to think about this a little more.

Knight’s Armor - I would like a ceremonial suit for my warrior who first achieved lord status downing an ophidian general, but given the number of pieces and that its last on the list, I may have to pass (it's sort of an all-or-nothing thing)

G

The Knight's Armour is clearly never going to be used with the current mods. GM armour is pretty much better as it is, so its sort of insulting to give us 6 HPI. Plus I am assuming this is platemail, no mage armour.

I think it is better given Mage Armour and Blessed. Perhaps give it 0 resists, or make it have 10 physical per piece (and a bonus for a full set - giving 70 physical resist total). That way, it will be very specific in it's application - not one resist at all to anything else means that you will only want to use it against things that do only physical damage. And at 70 physical, it isn't really upsetting anyone who already has that in a template - especially given it has no real extra mods.

And sablestorm - i'm glad someone else agrees with me! I stuffed my castle full of crap HOPING it would be useful. I even let lots of orders go because I just couldn't keep the other account open that held a house next to it. I will probably turn most of the items in but the main flaw is that there seems to be no benefit or no reason to have kept the items for so long if the points you can get from them make the storage so inefficient (2 years and only worth so many points) compared to acquiring a few higher-end items in more recent times.

And then you have to consider that magincia rubble, cursed artifacts, vorpal blades, staves of pyros etc will all be fairly useful as well.

I think the best example is that you can hand in an Inavlis's Burchette and the reward will no more reflect that item than a whole heap of scythes.

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

Did any of you actually read that list?
There is not 1 useful item on it. What is the point of turning in crap for crap?
That is not worth my time to haul the crap to the turn in locations!
I should sincerely hope there will be some actually usefull items added to the list. PLEASE!

[/ QUOTE ]I'm thoroughly agreeing with this. The items we are turning in, scythes and swords/shields are actually more useful than the rewards, we are turning in multiple better items for a single worse reward? Does this make sense to anyone?'

As for people saying they need to make sure the new items are not overpowered, virtually all the events these came from have been for high end characters, why not give rewards accordingly?

I

imported_Anakena

Just a question : the staff of Pyros and the vorpal blade were supposed to have a (rare) special effect but none has ever been able to trigger it. Before trading them, it should be nice to know if this special effect is working or not.

G

Sorry, sticking an item in a box and letting it sit on a boat then going to the boat and refreshing it each day.

The point was you wanted the rewards to be specific toward the turn ins. For what purpose? No offense, but other than your own greed in wanting to be one of few to get say the snake skin boots, or the mouse statue if the turn in rewards were specific to the turn ins, I see no other reason why you would want, let alone suggest to have something like that.

If you're greedy thats fine with me but in this case, I don't think your greed takes presidence over including new and returning players from the majority of the rewards available.

Pretty sure vet players wouldn't be happy if there was an event held that excluded them from the turn ins because their accounts are too old.

This game needs some life breathed into it, and restricting new players from rewards and from enjoying the event to its fullest because they haven't played as long as you isn't something I would view as beneficial.

Just my opinion though. You can chose to try to turn away new players and returning players anyway you wish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, sticking an item in a box and letting it sit on a boat then going to the boat and refreshing it each day.

The point was you wanted the rewards to be specific toward the turn ins. For what purpose? No offense, but other than your own greed in wanting to be one of few to get say the snake skin boots, or the mouse statue if the turn in rewards were specific to the turn ins, I see no other reason why you would want, let alone suggest to have something like that.

If you're greedy thats fine with me but in this case, I don't think your greed takes presidence over including new and returning players from the majority of the rewards available.

Pretty sure vet players wouldn't be happy if there was an event held that excluded them from the turn ins because their accounts are too old.

This game needs some life breathed into it, and restricting new players from rewards and from enjoying the event to its fullest because they haven't played as long as you isn't something I would view as beneficial.

Just my opinion though. You can chose to try to turn away new players and returning players anyway you wish.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you are entirely mistaken. Why? Because I have obtained many berzerker scythes. As it is listed, one of my berzerker scythe probably outweighs all the ophidian rations we have collected. Now I also mentioned I have very little rubble. In fact, the only rubble I've collected was from an IDOC that fell next to my house. Why don't I have rubble? Because I fought to save Magincia, not destroy it. My whole motive in my arguments is because I would like to see the actions we take in game have some consequences. I battled the ophidians trying to save the various cities of Britannia. I battled the minions of the Shadowlords in the rift. I fought to save Magincia rather than pillaging it. It would be nice to see some tangible result for that. Perhaps there will be. Perhaps each turn in can only be used towards obtaining specific rewards. In that case, I would feel a sense of accomplishment. What I would like to see, however, is for the rubble trade in to be for something evil, perhaps given by an NPC in Umbra.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and by the way, our hope was they would write is some sort of accord with the ophidians, some sort of peace treaty and a means of reparation for Ricardo's theft of the scion. The hope was sending food to starving ophidians or something along those lines would lead to peace, similar to the peace one can forge with the solen. It doesn't look like this will be the case but this was our hope and this was why we collected and stored the ophidians items.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this turn in...bha!
i dont have the correct words to express myself now!
i'll pass!