• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now that the "Clean Up Britania" turns ins are out.....

G

What was misssing was how many items have to be turned in to get a ticket.....

Since the turns in's are by catagory and NPC, this means that you will have to have a whole block of the item to get a ticket, and randome numvbers less then the whole will have to be sold traded.

Unless of course the turn in is 1:1

I can see tha some items like the "Snake Skin Boots" will be desirable.

Having Nightsight earings for peeps who are human and have no nightsight on their equipment normally will also be a nice item....

G

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not at all impressed by these items.
I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

G

"Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards"

Could mean more rewards in publishes to come?
But I must agree, the rewards are rather lame. I can see myself getting snake skin boots, and maybe a shirt, and then keeping all my other crap.

G

come on who does not want a sherry the mouse statue for there house or houses

and did you see commas on checks

I think earrings and snakeskin boots might be handy also

the knight armor for the rich and fashion banksitter will also be nice i think

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it all, not one complaint. Thank you!

G

Commas can now be seen in checks (instead of 1000000, you will see 1,000,000)

S

Smokin

I love the Night sight earrings, I have been asking for them for along time.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I kept my snakekins....can be a snakeskin cowboy now...(teddy would be proud)

On a flip note, there's gonna be a lotta gripers, that's for sure.
I , for one, feel players outta be grateful their getting anything, the way they've been carrying on n such......

in my humble opinion jeremy, you guys give in too easy.

J

jelake

No threads of fate/life in the list. I wonder what their ultimate use will be.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
After seeing the list,I would have to agree... Or to get a Personal Bless Deed back. Wonder what ever happen to the fix for that...

Back to trying fishing and wondering about the last 3 virtues...

T

TheGwy

Do we have a full list somewhere of what items give what amount of points and some of the rewards? I see night sight earrings been discussed??

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I still havent found a single one after killing thousands of those damn dark wisps.

As for the list... meh. I'm grateful for anything I get, naturally, but this definitely lacks the zazz of the Clean Up Britannia prizes.

But the earrings are nice. Goodbye, NS potions!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said

G

Hmm I not impressed by the list. I guess Ill sell my turn ins. Though a full suit of armour will be a must have. Just to have one. I hope its not 100k points a piece.
Ah well.

I guess blackrock itself is not a turn in.

G

Jeremy said she would post the full list when she publishes the TC1 notes.

This was just a teaser for those of use who have been glued to the window going "open open open!"

Now if I could only find that bag of coins I had.....way to much stuff to rumage through, and I have 40% extra storage and have almost filled the house!
Spring cleaning is good!

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Shame we find that out now, threw out most of the magic weapons from magencia and all from britain invasion. Sold 40 of the staffs from magenia only because they apparently had no purpose and what on earth would my mage do with that many, Sold 5 beserker sythes because why would I need that many. You severely limit our housing storage, then make us collect garbage for 3 long years, with no idea that there will actualy be any use for these items. Thank god I missed the rat invasion, cause I know I would have had to throw most of that out too.

Not you personally Jeremy, just ranting at the devs in general.

D

Der Rock

skirt /sash/earings should have random mods, like +5 ssi ,+5 dci,+5 mana,
+10 lrc and such
(pls give such items a sence)

and..
would be nice if the shoes would have + 2 resist random, not poison
we have enough items with high poison resist

and...
hope there comes more info tomorrow, not one word about KR again today

G

<blockquote><hr>

You severely limit our housing storage, then make us collect garbage for 3 long years, with no idea that there will actualy be any use for these items. Thank god I missed the rat invasion, cause I know I would have had to throw most of that out too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody put a gun to your head and made you packrat this crap. So you sold your unwanted items that are now suddenly valuable to you. Boo hoo.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I still havent found a single one after killing thousands of those damn dark wisps.

As for the list... meh. I'm grateful for anything I get, naturally, but this definitely lacks the zazz of the Clean Up Britannia prizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Prince, I noticed that you use KR in another thread... From my experience threads don't show up in KR, like there was no art put in for them yet they take up a grid. I'm not sure if mousing over an 'invisible' thread will display a name or not, nor do I know if one can be picked up in KR. I'll have to try, with my small stash, tonight. If you 'empty' grid locations, they might be taken up with 'invisible' threads.

G

Hanna,
I dumped stuff too. But come on. They cant say everything will have value ahead of time. Because everyone would want 10,000 storage capacity to have 10,000 Vorpal blades. It has to be a mystery in some respect. Some things change. Maybe the turn-in vision changed. Maybe they never had this really in mind to this scale when the ophidian invasion started. Maybe to many staff of pyros spawned so they added them.

I have 300 pieces of blackrock. Thats not even on the turn-in. Tossing and collecting is an aspect of the game.

Think of it this way. If they said here is an event. All these items will be worth this amount of points... go. Why bother? Just make the reward gifts the drops on the spawn.

This way its part of the game. Collecting and storing in moderation. Looking to buy back stuff now or to sell you trade-in point items. Etc, etc. Its part of the game.

D

Daren Athlorn

I would have rather the snake skin boots have +3 to all resists in order to curb the vine cord sandals. I hope this is just a short list of items since I'd hoped there would be more. The ones that are there are good, but it could use a few more to be honest, especially ones that nerf the dupes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Prince, I noticed that you use KR in another thread... From my experience threads don't show up in KR, like there was no art put in for them yet they take up a grid. I'm not sure if mousing over an 'invisible' thread will display a name or not, nor do I know if one can be picked up in KR. I'll have to try, with my small stash, tonight. If you 'empty' grid locations, they might be taken up with 'invisible' threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, are you serious. Nice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfie is on to something here.

Jeremy, I'm begging you. PLEASE add Bless Deeds to the list of prizes. I dont care if it is for an outrageous unattainable amount, just having them available to us again will make a lot of us very happy.

So many items in this game are trinkets and show pieces, but the bless deeds are very, very sought after by all of us.

G

No blackrock handins, no cloak handins, no threads.

Might as well quit.

^ Lol above is a joke - despite knowing that the three items above can't be handed in with this publish 52 handin system, I don't really mind because finally i'm being rewarded for the items I managed to get.

There might be other handins later, and cloaks will obviously have some use. People have held onto their stuff for long enough, they can wait a bit longer to see what items that still spawn will be used for later.

Really its down to people's expectations I guess. I think many people will be disappointed by the rewards from this, but I guess there is still room for change. The boots seem very predictable and I think are cool. The Armour im not sure of - why give it resists if it is clearly not going to be used for anything other than decoration? Also the white hue I don't really know about, "Luna White" already can be used to dye armour and the other white hue is pretty damn bright.

Still, I cant wait. Screw GTA 4, I want to get rid of my rations (even if they are worth only 10 points!)

G

<blockquote><hr>

No news thread on the main Uhall page?

[/ QUOTE ]Give Larisa a chance to post it. People have lives.

G

I'm a bit annoyed by the addition of an item with stats in both the earring and boot slot. Granted, they're both rather teensy additions and I don't envision needing nor using them on any of my characters, but ... well, I guess I don't really have a complaint at all. Crimson Cincture was a lot more annoying than any of these.

What I'd -really- like as a reward is a one-time use weapon engraving tool. That'd be awesome!

G

Why? We have insurance, clothing bless deeds, personal bless deeds..

What few bless deeds exist are either duped or kept by collectors. Look at the boots - an answer to vine cords to some extent, but by no means undermines their value.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Still, I cant wait. Screw GTA 4, I want to get rid of my rations (even if they are worth only 10 points!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm. Yeah.
About that.

I'm a bit irritated to see that an item that took up a TON of space, nets such a pittance (10 points. So you need 1,000 of them just to get the earrings). It's not even worth turning in.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Hanna,
I dumped stuff too. But come on. They cant say everything will have value ahead of time. Because everyone would want 10,000 storage capacity to have 10,000 Vorpal blades. It has to be a mystery in some respect. Some things change. Maybe the turn-in vision changed. Maybe they never had this really in mind to this scale when the ophidian invasion started. Maybe to many staff of pyros spawned so they added them. ..

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, my point is mainly it's 3 years of garbage collections, and yeah they may not have had anything in mind three years ago. But really they have been dumping tons of stuff on us for the past three years, including tons of holiday gifts. Maybe they thought people would buy extra accounts to store all this junk and it didn't work out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I'd -really- like as a reward is a one-time use weapon engraving tool. That'd be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice that none of these items (bar the alacrity scrolls) replace the use of any current items. Alacrity scrolls should be removed I think.. they are consumable items that are useful, previously spawned and have no real collectible value that can be shown for this system specifically.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mouse over them in KR they should popup the label like any normal item would. If you have them, you might have noticed trying with futility to drag something to an "empty" space and think it's a bug with KR. ;-P

The threads aren't that rare. Maybe 1 in 10 wisps? I haven't been in the Rift in a week and I've accumulate 30-40 threads through just an hour or 2 a night there prior.

/goes back to scouring vendors for cheap mystic/vanq/power weapons.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice that none of these items (bar the alacrity scrolls) replace the use of any current items. Alacrity scrolls should be removed I think.. they are consumable items that are useful, previously spawned and have no real collectible value that can be shown for this system specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree even though I have a bunch of alacrity scrolls still, they are very usful items that are consumable (which is a great trate) and have no balance issues with them. Although I think they should let you chose the scroll you need.

I

imported_blesh

RTLFC

OMG PIXEL CRACK I HUNGER FOR PIXEL CRACK

If dem shirts are preset sayings, one of them should deff be "Horray!! I have lockdowns agian!!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

These updates look nice. I hope I have enough items to get a couple things I would like... I totally missed the rat coin thing and most of the ophie invasion. So I didn't horde many items. I got some rubble but that was for the deco, not so much for the turn-ins.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm. Yeah.
About that.

I'm a bit irritated to see that an item that took up a TON of space, nets such a pittance (10 points. So you need 1,000 of them just to get the earrings). It's not even worth turning in.

[/ QUOTE ]
The older the item the more points it should give IMO just for using up so much storage for so long *laughs*
Course a ration shouldn't give more points than something that was harder to get but meh...

Also I agree with the person that said to make the resists on the boots to all resists to counter the duped vine cords. Gotta agree with that. In fact make it 5% to each resist just to piss 'em off.

I

imported_kinney42

Did any of you actually read that list?
There is not 1 useful item on it. What is the point of turning in crap for crap?
That is not worth my time to haul the crap to the turn in locations!
I should sincerely hope there will be some actually usefull items added to the list. PLEASE!

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

What do you mean that none of them replace current items? The earrings obsolete all other earrings in the game, and the boots -- in some situations, where the character can actually use the odd 2% poison resist -- completely obsolete all other footwear that isn't Vine Cord Sandals. That's why I dislike this.
All that said, though, this really is just opinion and as a roleplayer I recognize I yield most of my right to complain, because the choices I make are completely voluntary. One of the things I like about UO as opposed to WoW, though, is how varied characters' appearance and items are -- as you add more and more property-items to slots that normally don't, you reduce that variation.

[/ QUOTE ]OMG, Earings NO! Banksitters beware!

Hmm, they could add more resists to sandals - like 3%, and randomize which resist and if the color isn't what i want I probably wouldn't wear them-I have absolutely no problem with the item. I have several pieces of vet cloaks and robe I don't wear.

With the runic changes they could make them close to vine cords, it wouldn't be that big of thing. If I can get 74 resists out of a spined kit, and well over 90 on a barbed, well I don't think a %2 resist on sandals are going to make much difference anymore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did any of you actually read that list?
There is not 1 useful item on it. What is the point of turning in crap for crap?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get rid of stored lockdowns?
I dunno... I could use the nightsight on my human characters. Then I could get better arms for my warrior chick....
I'll definitely want a town crier/mouse statue for both my homes.
I wonder what color the sashes will be and if we can cut them up to make cloth to make other stuffs...

I *still* say the boots should have 5% to each resist just to piss off the vine cord dupe buyin/selling people though. (Unpopular opinion by a few people I know)

The rest of your post, albeit your opinions are as valid as the next guy's, is a bit rude.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No news thread on the main Uhall page?

[/ QUOTE ]Give Larisa a chance to post it. People have lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

*grins* I actually DID post it....but since Stratics Main page is still wonky it's not showing for some reason...but when I go into NewsPro it links me just fine..

Linky Here

Weird huh?

G

Why in the world is Invalis's Burchete on the list of treadeinable items? Should you really be offering a trade-in on an item rare enough that there are maybe one or two per shard (if we're lucky)?

And, conversely, why isn't the daemon's blood from Magincia on the list?

G

I totally agree that list is pathetic. I've seen alot of players down in the rift putting in alot more time than myself trying to build up turn in items I wonder how they're gonna feel about the list.

I intentionaly tried to limit my time in the rift knowing that the list might be exactly what it had turned out to be...a complete joke.

Devs you guys better add some more items that actually have a value in the game or your going to have some very upset customers. I've seen players in the Rift day in and day out working 'hard' for a special reward. If that's the extent of the list you guys the Dev team have done a god awful job.

Don't mean to be negative but you have to understand the time some ppl put into this game.

G

Invalis's Burchette sounds really rare

Dont know how they expect us to hand those in!

But you have a point - ive never even seen one.

TBH im not sure about the point system. For example, planeshields and planeswords still spawn, as do berserkers scythes.

Rations, many people don't have many of. Currently I am trying to get as many scythes as I can, because of their high point value.

I think it would be a good idea to allocate rewards based on who you can hand the items in to. EG some items from all the NPCs, but say for example Snakeskin boots only from Calaid, to basically say "These snakeskin boots meant I had to hand in loads and loads of snake skins!". Otherwise I can see people just handing in tons of scythes for all the rewards (me for one).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why in the world is Invalis';s Burchete on the list of treadeinable items? Should you really be offering a trade-in on an item rare enough that there are maybe one or two per shard (if we're lucky)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone, Jeremy maybe, probably just looked up a list of items that were given out for that event without paying attention to the actualy drop chance and put it on the list. Then they probably went back and said ok we have all these items what are each one gonna be worth... noticed the Silvani one was super rare and just didn't bother to take it off.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
RTLFC

One question..the shirts...I notice it says phrase of choice...will our names be on them??? OMG PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I desperatly want something with my name on it.

I

imported_kinney42

You are right. I was rude. I changed the post a bit.
But I still my point is valid.
You can get rid of stored lockdowns by turning the items in......but why would you?
If that is the complete list then I will be trash barreling my items. Nothing on that list is of any use except for more pixel crack. It's all completely useless!
Most of the items you are turning in are Leaps and Bounds more usefull! Like the cursed arties and non-cursed weapons.
Why would I turn in my mystic weapons and beserker scythes that I can ACTUALLY use for a shirt?????
PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD add some USEFULL items to the list!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Invalis's Burchette sounds really rare

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I get from copy and pasting from the list of turn-ins rather than typing myself, I guess. :p

And I have several hundred rations.. in the last days of the ophidians on LS I grabbed as many as I could and stacked 'em all to save space.