• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now that the "Clean Up Britania" turns ins are out.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hanna,
I dumped stuff too. But come on. They cant say everything will have value ahead of time. Because everyone would want 10,000 storage capacity to have 10,000 Vorpal blades. It has to be a mystery in some respect. Some things change. Maybe the turn-in vision changed. Maybe they never had this really in mind to this scale when the ophidian invasion started. Maybe to many staff of pyros spawned so they added them. ..

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, my point is mainly it's 3 years of garbage collections, and yeah they may not have had anything in mind three years ago. But really they have been dumping tons of stuff on us for the past three years, including tons of holiday gifts. Maybe they thought people would buy extra accounts to store all this junk and it didn't work out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I agree with. Give us more and we feel the need to buy more accounts. Like a drug.

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it so many times but I have no idea what it means....What does it mean?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it so many times but I have no idea what it means....What does it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Replying to the last (post) for convenience

I

imported_badskidmarks

I'm normally pretty happy with the way the game has been going lately...but I have to agree with some of the comments here...seeing the list of items to be gained via turn in makes me wish I had just sold off all my trade in items for the high prices they were going for prior to this news...none of the items on that list look even remotely interesting...and now that people have seen that list I'm sure the prices for the trade in items will go down quite a bit...ah well...I was hoping holding onto these things would be worth it...bummer...

G

This I think will be the first of a few hand-in sessions.

Not saying that the handin-able items will be better handed in later and not now, but who knows.

D

Daren Athlorn

But would they really make the same trade-in items available for trade ins after this one?

I would assume the new trade in phase would be different items, like the threads and robes and possibly blackrock. It would be a tad odd to have them tell us to hand in all the ones on that list only to have a better list of rewards down the road, after everyones already handed in all their stuff.

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

This I think will be the first of a few hand-in sessions.

Not saying that the handin-able items will be better handed in later and not now, but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please god let him be right!

G

I can't believe the amount of (trying to find another word for complaining that's apropriate..) "complaining" going on about the turn in items.
#1 If you don't want any of the items then don't trade for them.
#2 If you feel your item is better than what it's being traded for then don't trade for it.
#3 How much more "complaining" (again insert other word) would there be about how "OVERPOWERED" and in need of a "NERF" the items were if they put in whatever it is you people are thinking should have been put in.
Surprised Draconi does anything for us anymore.

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

I *still* say the boots should have 5% to each resist just to piss off the vine cord dupe buying/selling people though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly...

3 or 4 would even work tbh.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I *still* say the boots should have 5% to each resist just to piss off the vine cord dupe buyin/selling people though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this motion. I believe dupers should NEVER be able to make money/gold off items that have been duped. Do like you did you the colored shrounds... Make all the duped vie cord into Monk Sandalsand make it so when wearring those Monk Sandals that you have to pay a 10% tithe each day or something.

[/ QUOTE ]No, because they never should of handed out the vine cords as an event reward inthe first place, this goes also for many of the event items. If anything either delete them all or make comparable one obtainable legally.

G

I think if it was that easy it'd already have been done.

The problem is, the duped robes were easier (I am guessing) either because they were not named like their original counterparts or they were from a different dupe.

If you remove them all from the game, you don't really help anyone - but you do penalise people who have paid legitimately for them, or own the originals.

I think the 2% is good, as are the nice hues, but there is that point that they will replace all other footwear due to their additional resists. However, 2% is low enough not to worry about it if you DONT have them - tbh I have 70 poison already. So, they could help you, or they may not matter at all.

I

imported_badskidmarks

I'm not at all interested in overpowered type gear...but I'm a bit dissapointed with the selection...shirts?...been done before....RBG sashes?...done before....maybe try for a little more originality...there were numerous suggestions and requests for things that would have been preferred...items to reduce storage...seed packets etc...metal dye tubs...and so on...a mouse statue?...I'd get banned from stratics if I voiced my real opinion on that one...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm normally pretty happy with the way the game has been going lately...but I have to agree with some of the comments here...seeing the list of items to be gained via turn in makes me wish I had just sold off all my trade in items for the high prices they were going for prior to this news...none of the items on that list look even remotely interesting...and now that people have seen that list I'm sure the prices for the trade in items will go down quite a bit...ah well...I was hoping holding onto these things would be worth it...bummer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you never know. These humble items might disappoint people, but just what if down the road the storyline rewards those who humbly accept these supposed less than stellar items? For instance, what if a set of knight armor gives you extra protection when fighting future Shadowlord minions? Of course, I can already hear the crying that would go on were that the case. "Jeremy, you didn't tell us ahead of time!" I would LMAO though.

G

Remember vine cord sandals were not "event" items - they were pre-AOS items that just happened to become very powerful with the new changes that AOS gave us.

Giving us extra resists on footwear is a bad idea, as that really would make them essential. Now, if you need the 2% its there - but it isn't necessary for people with complete templates already. The result will be that vinecords are not the only item with resists, but they still retain their value.

I

imported_badskidmarks

You have a good point...but I seriously don't see them going that in depth with these items...you'd have just as many screamers from the folks who did turn in for these items but selected the wrong rewards....

G

Its kinda funny how so many people cry about the same items being given out as is rares... things that you could once get that you can't get anymore? Leave it at that! Someone who still has their item bless deeds has them for a reason, do you not know how much these things sell for? If they were to give them out again, they would be a dime a dozen, and worth nothing to the smart people who saved theirs!
Same goes as the white valentines cards, we got them last year but were rare to get one then, now this year everyone got multiples.. just makes no sense!
Don't like what is being given out well there is others out there that might, you are not the only paying customer, deal with it and hope next time round you get something you want! Would kinda be like hmm.. walmart having a sale on diapers, would not benefit alot of people but does us mothers!
I personally am content with the rewards, some things might not be things I can/will use but at least I will have them if I ever do want/need them!

D

Der Rock

----------------------------
No, because they never should of handed out the vine cords as an event reward inthe first place, this goes also for many of the event items. If anything either delete them all or make comparable one obtainable legally.
------------------------------------------------------
dev´s should rethink the turn-in rewards a little.
rewards should be USEFULL
+2 poison is lame, also earings with only night sight ,also the shirt,

G

To expand on my hopes, or ideas, before:

All handins can give you:

- Shirts
- Scroll of Alacrity

Item-specific rewards:

Makiko - for Ophid journals and orders
- Nocturne Earrings

Lozat - for Coins
- Sherry the Mouse Statue

Calaid the Soldier - for snake skins and rations
- Snake skin boots

Onoe the Soldier - for stuff
- RGB sash
- Knights armour

Seems that way, the items you get are more related to the items you hand in, some will be rarer or harder to get than others and their values are all kept relative, with the shirts as a sort of "benchmark"

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have a good point...but I seriously don't see them going that in depth with these items...you'd have just as many screamers from the folks who did turn in for these items but selected the wrong rewards....

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they didn't think of it, but perhaps we can plant the seed and they will take up this idea. It would be a nice revenge against those "UO Devs are morons" posts in this thread.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please say the earrings are blessed. Those will be perfect for my crafter/fisher!!

G

Question... are the rewards going to be individualistic to the turn in's? Like turning into the NPC who takes coins be the only way to get the statue? I -really- hope this is not the case...

I have to say overall, I was kinda disappointed too with the choices. Earrings, boots and statue are the only mildly interesting items to me personally. Being a role-player and having only rp chars, I have no interest in weird shirts if they have ooc sayings on them like those darn AoS roses and clothing. I would have much rather had some nifty decoration items like a bottle of Moonglow ale... something that I can actually use to support role-playing. Hell, even a story on why these NPCs want our "crap" and are giving us stuff for it.

I

imported_badskidmarks

Well....Yeah...That would be kinda funny...lol

.....ooohh....look at that post count!....I'm tempted to never post again...too bad I can't lock it there...

G

Assia it doesnt mention that at all but its what i hope is the case.

Otherwise like I mentioned above, the 7500 point scythes will be used for everything, with the no longer obtainable rations (and especially orders, skins, journals) being worth 750 times less :p.

Took me longer to get 1000 rations than 1 scythe, I can tell you.

The main issue - for me - is that people with lots of one item, scythes as the example here, can get items such as snake skin boots that really would be more suited to snake skins as their hand in.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

Question... are the rewards going to be individualistic to the turn in's? Like turning into the NPC who takes coins be the only way to get the statue? I -really- hope this is not the case...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not. Some of us were not here for the ohpidians or magincia, etc.

I don't think it will be that way anyway. There's only one collection box from which to turn in tickets. If they wanted the rewards to be specific for certain event items they would be like the British Library Collection where you get your rewards from the person you turn in the items to.

I

imported_badskidmarks

Oh...that's a good point too...It did take quite a bit more work stocking up on ophid items than it did to get some of these newer items...Berserker Scythes were relatively easy to get...yet the ophid rations are worth 10 points? and scythe 7500? ...still makes it hardly worth holding onto the older items...now it'll just be a mad rush by everyone to go get the scythes...

W

Wastelands

man, im happy just for those earrings, dying to put them on my doomer, free up a junky armor night sight peice.

G

Ya, you shouldn't get the items to show that you were there! Because you weren't!

Ok seriously now, everyone deserves a chance - but do you not think that for being there, for saving all those items for so long, that those of us who faithfully saved them specifically should be rewarded accordingly - and not indiscriminately with people who can just jump in and get a single berserker's scythe right now?

It does feel a bit wrong - all my ophidian items nicely saved up; makes more sense to chuck them out and just get a bunch of scythes!

TBH I wouldnt worry. Nothing has been said to that effect, so you'll likely get to choose any item, regardless what you hand in. I feel that would be a disappointment but I can see why it would be done that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

but you do penalise people who have paid legitimately for them, or own the originals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is most if not all those that bought the vine cord sandals knew already there was only a single pair of real ones and that all others were dupes. So in that case all those people that bought duped vine cord sandals deserve whatever happens. Same thing that happened to the colored shrouds. I admit I bought one of the purple ones because I happen to like the color. Was I upset that it was turned into a worthless monk cloak? Nope.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Notice that none of these items (bar the alacrity scrolls) replace the use of any current items. Alacrity scrolls should be removed I think.. they are consumable items that are useful, previously spawned and have no real collectible value that can be shown for this system specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Alacrity scrolls should still be available. What would be nice is if they would be added to Tram/Tokuno champ spawns as rewards. They are consumable and it would give people a 'purpose' to finish those spawns.

G

I highly disagree there - I for one didn't know there was only one pair originally and yet I could buy a pair if I wanted one. But now you mention a single pair, it might be better if they were all removed. Hard to do IMO, and innocent people would get burned.

Anyway my main comments on the handins and rewards. Mostly a good idea, but:

1.) Shirts used to be highly desireable but with most people wearing armour a lot, I think these could just become another AoS style item, with many existing and losing any real significance or value. Unless theyre some unique, non-neon hue.

2.) Too few choices for such a large amount of handins.

3.) The items you can choose should be specific to what you handed in

4.) Knights armour seems weird - Luna white is too dull, the original brighter white seems too bright. There are stats - HPI - but these are totally useless given how there is no use for it on any character

Other than that, I like it. Boots especially. Nightsight earrings are a nice idea, even if they will be used by everyone, hopefully they will require a lot of handins. I mean, 1.34 scythes..

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

Ya, you shouldn't get the items to show that you were there! Because you weren't!

Ok seriously now, everyone deserves a chance - but do you not think that for being there, for saving all those items for so long, that those of us who faithfully saved them specifically should be rewarded accordingly - and not indiscriminately with people who can just jump in and get a single berserker's scythe right now?

It does feel a bit wrong - all my ophidian items nicely saved up; makes more sense to chuck them out and just get a bunch of scythes!

TBH I wouldnt worry. Nothing has been said to that effect, so you'll likely get to choose any item, regardless what you hand in. I feel that would be a disappointment but I can see why it would be done that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they give us the list of items attainable and you suggest designated rewards, undoubtedly the best items, for stuff you have tons of?

How rare were the ophidian items, I don't know. Did they drop on every kill?

I've killed over 30 berserker demons, alot of them solo, and don't have a single scythe to show for it, so I don't think they're as common as you're making them out to be.

G

I just hope I've managed enough catching up with this event to get a wee set of these items for myself heh.

I'm not sure why all the whining about the items, they look like good additions that aren't adding yet more balance problems to PvP or PvM. Though maybe some would prefer if they would lol. I'm sure any players who don't like the rewards can always find buyers to sell their turnin bits to.

I wonder if there will be any possible gold sink option too. Makes sense if you're cleaning up Britannia. I'd hate to get 1 sword shy of a reward and be at the mercy of a Luna vendor

Wenchy

G

Sorry, they are pretty common.

Rations were very common, many people got rid of them seeing them to be of very little use.

Orders not so common, journals pretty rare (relatively!)

If you are honestly saying you have killed 30 berserkers, with looting rights on all of them, and have not seen a single scythe on any then I have to say you are looking for the wrong item on the corpse or your client isnt displaying it. I have got i'd say one every couple of kills.

G

Gold isn't a good idea at all. Consider that people who have never touched one of the things that gives these items can just give in heaps of gold. Immediately this gives all items a capped value. Finally, only the richest of players would be able to use this method, excluding people who haven't got so much and also did not have any items.

G

I can understand your point of view, Trevelyan... however it is upsetting from my point of view. If I'm right and say for example, the statue is only redeemable by turning in coins then many will be out of luck. Not to mention the few newer or returning players being unable to fully benefit from the turn-in. Lower the pts for the high-end items and make all of them give access to all the rewards as a choice.

I have a sinking feeling it will be set up like this, otherwise really what is the point for using multiple NPCs with different turn-ins at each. I really hate the layout for most events... encouraging farming and such for these type of rewards really brings out the worst in many people. I can hold my own like many of you, but frankly if I have to play a game where I have to farm events 4 hours a day in order to participate in the "rewards"... that just kills it for me. This is also why I hated EM events... it stopped being about "the event" and "just having fun with something different to do" and started being all about the items.

Okay, okay... *breathes*... fresh air time! I guess its just my frustration coming out.. I love UO ... I love UO... I love UO... *scampers off chanting it into her subconscious*

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

I agree. Alacrity scrolls should still be available. What would be nice is if they would be added to Tram/Tokuno champ spawns as rewards. They are consumable and it would give people a 'purpose' to finish those spawns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats come up before &amp; I totally agree.

As for the list, I'm pleased about the earrings for my dexxers &amp; stealthers.

J

jelake

Yes, looting rights on all. I've seen a couple on vendors; a dark red-hued scythe, so I know what they look like. Do they look different on the corpse? I'm using the 2D client and I scour the corpse's crap looking for anything different than what normally comes from the loot table. Nothing.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, looting rights on all. I've seen a couple on vendors; a dark red-hued scythe, so I know what they look like. Do they look different on the corpse? I'm using the 2D client and I scour the corpse's crap looking for anything different than what normally comes from the loot table. Nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've just hit a bad streak of luck on them. I've gotten over 60 of the things. If you're on Pacific send me a PM and I'll give ya one so you can have one for your collection.

G

The only objection is that it kind of galvanises all the items to simply hold point values, rather than being significant to any event.

These parts of history occured over like, 2 years nearly. A bunch of items obtained over the last few weeks could equate to years of storage of items we were told to hang on to. These items will clearly hold lower value than items you can get since, I just think it would be nice that instead of worth more or less, they be worth something different.

Would you have objected, had Ophidian items been handed in a few months back for their own reward in their own handin system?

I think it'd work better, should more items be added. More choices, some related to specific events. Otherwise, there is simply no reason for me to part with these items, other than to make space.

Im just going to be honest here, after 2 years of hoarding I want something special to show for it. I dont necessarily want it to be worth more points than everything else - ive got heaps of the things. But the storage could have been better used for current items, if the reward pool is the same.

To me, that isnt rewarding us hoarders at all. We were told these items would be useful. TBH if the snakeskin boots had no resists, i'd be just as happy. Something special, unique, different that you can only get if you hand in ophidian items!

While were at it, something special for the rubble! I am surprised there are not a wider variety of rewards TBH, especially that there are no items to specifically commemorate half the occasions that these items were from!

G

If the items were overpowered then there would be a good reason to worry, but as they're not, I'm not sure there's a huge issue with some players playing catch up with gold. Especially considering that the same players can play catch up by buying up the turn in "ingredients" instead. To hand in gold directly simply cuts out the players who always pop up to make a quick buck off the lesser packrats

But this is all unlikely to happen, so I wouldn't worry too much

Wenchy

W

Wastelands

Maybe they should just change all the rewards to boxes of tissues.
you guys would get more use out of them then.

G

I agree with Trevelyan (posting this in case Jeremy's doing a spreadsheet on it
).
Item turn in should be item specific and no to gold, items shouldn't simply be purchased.

I

imported_xStrikerx

<blockquote><hr>

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant even get night sight earrings for 1 scythe? I'll just go sell my scythe for 1 mil and buy 60k night sight pots. That will last me a long time.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If I read it right, it looks like the various npcs collect the items for tickets. Then you take all of your tickets to one npc to collect your reward.

I

imported_Ozymandies

Says you take the tickets to the community collection box, which is near the last guy on the list.

So this means we will have all these tickets to carry around? Can these be sold?

I always thought you should get some sort of medal that fit in the talisman slot. It would have killer and protection vs the event monsters.

Nice rewards for the first round.

OZ

I

imported_feath

Someone mentioned ... well, a lot of someones, that the items being offered weren't any good to the person's 'specialty' (fighter, rp'r, etc etc). Yet, when I look at the list of items, it seems to me the devs went out of their way to make something for everyone.

<blockquote><hr>

- Shirts
- Nocturne Earrings
- RBG Sashes
- Scroll of Alacrity
- Sherry the Mouse Statue
- Snake Skin Boots
- Knight’s Armor

[/ QUOTE ]

shirts - role players
earings - any humans
sashes - collectors
scroll - skill building
statue - deco artists
boots - pvp
armour - fighers

I seem to be a minority here, but it seems like a nice variety.
If you don't see something you like, sell the turn in items to those who want them for a very tidy profit. Money is every man's reward