• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No more Full Screen mode!!!!!

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

forsure01

YOU got to be kidding me, This is a deal breaker for me. I refuse to play in Windows mode, the only time I use it is for Roof Art. I didn't buy a 22 inch monitor so I could play a game in windows mode. If they dont fix it I will have to leave the game, my eyesight won't tolerate it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Luc said,

on January 9th, 2008 at 8:01 pm

We are still working on the lag. we will probably publish again tomorrow.
I would like to know if “new” CC chairs are working. I am not sure we fixed the old chairs yet.
The game will soon not work in full screen anymore, we have too many features coming from the web.
Any issues connecting? we are always worried about this issue.
Thanks
Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that has always prefered full screen mode to windows mode? I hate the windows mode! The windows cannot be maximized or resized. I've never been able to build in windows mode because it gets stuck when painting wall papers and doing floors. I can't even count the number of times I've accidently tiled the entire first floor with one color due to windows mode bugginess!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually always preferred window mode as it is alot easier to multi-task with, and with my borderline ADHD, doing one thing at a time usually just doesn't work with me. I even play TS2 in windowed mode most of the time so I can stay connected to the net and keep YIM up to have people to talk to since TS2 isn't multi-player. I don't build alot, but when I do I just take my time with it and tile floors one tile at a time (yes, slower I know but unless you're a builder by trade then nothing is time dependent, so however long it takes to get it right is how long it takes to me...whereas when someone takes a contract to build a house for someone else that person usually wants it done in a timely fashion). Also, it's impossible to run multiple accounts in full screen mode, and I've only had one account at a time for very short time frames, the rest of the time it's been 2-4 accounts.....so yeah, full-screen being gone won't affect me much, and if it's for the good of progress then I say bring it on!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel extremely bad for those people who have small monitors or small laptop screens. Not everyone has nice huge flat screen monitor. Those poor people trying to play in WM on a small screen will end up with daily eye strain and migraines.

First we're told some people might need to buy new video cards because of the new graphics. Now if you have a small monitor you just might need to buy a bigger one so you can still see the game while in WM.

Afraid to ask what's next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as someone who lives on an extremely fixed income, I see no reason why anybody should be running on a screen that small, and for desktops I dont even think monitors are sold as small as you're talking about, and it seems to me 'old' ones by now would be far past the stage of conking out, forcing the user to upgrade. Monitors, as far as our computers have gone, have been the most durable, but still I have not had one that kept going more than 5-6 years.

With technology being what it is now, its very easy and affordable to get a barebones system that you can put together yourself, or have a friend put together for minimal cost. Hubby and I had a computer mishap over the holidays that forced us to replace everything but monitor, printer and CD/DVD drives, and we were able to get these specs:

2.2 Intel Dual Core processor
512 MB video card
an extra 160 GB hard drive space (already had 2 160s that survived the problem)
motherboard
2 GB DDR2 RAM

All for the bargain price of $442 and change, after taxes AND shipping. Sure, some people don't know how to put together their own computer, but chances are most people should have *somebody* around them that does know. Granted this amount isn't chump change, and had it not been around Christmas time when we got gifts from family to supplement what we already had we wouldn't have been able to get it quite as fast, but we could have saved up for it and had it within 3-4 months probably. That would mean someone might have to take that little break from the game, but there are other games that have even lower standards than this, Pogo for instance is what I played while the rest of the computer besides the vid card (it was the first to go, the rest followed a week later, rendering us totally offline). Our old motherboard had an on-board vid card that played games like that, and other low-end offline games just fine.

Point being that it's not as hard or expensive to get 'caught up with the times' as it used to be, and players are just gonna have to realize that if they want to peruse of online gaming, they are going to have to invest some $$$ into building a system that can handle the games they want to play, or settle for playing games that they feel they are willing to have the system for. You cannot expect EA, or any other company, to stagnate its game to halt for the stragglers, meanwhile losing all the people who have 'monster' machines that are 3x as powerful as the one we just put together and cost 3x the money. A company can't do that and stay in the black, and making TSO/EA Land a profitable game is the whole point, isn't it?

Not only the above, but if people really have that much vision problems (and don't say I have no sympathy for the disabled since I *am* physically disabled myself) I know I have seen screens that snap on to the computer monitor that magnify everything on the screen, so no, even if they CANNOT upgrade their screens, they are not left with no options. I'm not sure how much those things cost, but surely not as much as upgrading systems or monitors would be.

G

What does any of what you've said have to do with taking away an option many players prefer? You can play in windows mode already as you say you like to, but how does taking away other's ability to play in full-screen if they want to result in progress?

G

NOIP
I'm just curious if anyone knows any other game that does not have full screen as an option.
Every one I have played has Full Screen as the default, with windowed mode as an option.

M

Meggers

I always play in windows mode. You don't have to use arrows to scroll. Just right click on the screen and drag your mouse, that's how I navigate.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

What does any of what you've said have to do with taking away an option many players prefer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing, of course. What they are saying in a round about way is that the removal of something that doesn't matter to them (in this case full screen play mode) means it shouldn't matter to you either. Although it is your preferred method of play, they don't regard it as a big deal because they don't use it.

<blockquote><hr>

You can play in windows mode already as you say you like to, but how does taking away other's ability to play in full-screen if they want to result in progress?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Luc in the original post this has to happen because of all the features coming from the web eventually. There's your progress, assuming you actually want feature from the web.

L

lisjacase1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Always used windows mode, I hate full screen and the fact that I can't access other stuff while playing TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm. I shrink the TSO screen to do other things. You are saying you never had a problem with working the robots or building or scrolling around a house? Share your tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play windows mode now, used to always play full screen, but found with my pc it lags less in windows mode, I just use my right click on the mouse to move around took a lil to get used to it , but now I could never go back, I love it

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
I'm just curious if anyone knows any other game that does not have full screen as an option.
Every one I have played has Full Screen as the default, with windowed mode as an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTC.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP

[/ QUOTE ]

POTC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only tried POTC for a short time. While the default is windowed, they did offer full screen mode. Is full screen mode not available in POTC anymore?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok just tagging the last because I have no idea who I wanted to reply to.....

I fully understand all the web applications being added to enhance our game play. None of them are mandatory to play the game! I play other games that have windows mode as a default but the option of full screen mode is available.

I can understand the logic by wanting players to use windows mode as a default to encourage the use of all the web features coming in the future to EAland. However, to not even bother to take the time to correct and fix the problems with full screen mode as an option for those that prefer it is just wrong.

Again this is just another case of things being stripped away from us instead of adding features. I have a pretty clear idea of what EALand means and the vision of everything needed for it to work. However, at some point I hope the devs will have time to come back to actually help TSO to be a better game in EAland.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

Speaking as someone who lives on an extremely fixed income, I see no reason why anybody should be running on a screen that small, and for desktops I dont even think monitors are sold as small as you're talking about, and it seems to me 'old' ones by now would be far past the stage of conking out, forcing the user to upgrade. Monitors, as far as our computers have gone, have been the most durable, but still I have not had one that kept going more than 5-6 years.

With technology being what it is now, its very easy and affordable to get a barebones system that you can put together yourself, or have a friend put together for minimal cost. Hubby and I had a computer mishap over the holidays that forced us to replace everything but monitor, printer and CD/DVD drives, and we were able to get these specs:

2.2 Intel Dual Core processor
512 MB video card
an extra 160 GB hard drive space (already had 2 160s that survived the problem)
motherboard
2 GB DDR2 RAM

All for the bargain price of $442 and change, after taxes AND shipping. Sure, some people don't know how to put together their own computer, but chances are most people should have *somebody* around them that does know. Granted this amount isn't chump change, and had it not been around Christmas time when we got gifts from family to supplement what we already had we wouldn't have been able to get it quite as fast, but we could have saved up for it and had it within 3-4 months probably. That would mean someone might have to take that little break from the game, but there are other games that have even lower standards than this, Pogo for instance is what I played while the rest of the computer besides the vid card (it was the first to go, the rest followed a week later, rendering us totally offline). Our old motherboard had an on-board vid card that played games like that, and other low-end offline games just fine.

Point being that it's not as hard or expensive to get 'caught up with the times' as it used to be, and players are just gonna have to realize that if they want to peruse of online gaming, they are going to have to invest some $$$ into building a system that can handle the games they want to play, or settle for playing games that they feel they are willing to have the system for. You cannot expect EA, or any other company, to stagnate its game to halt for the stragglers, meanwhile losing all the people who have 'monster' machines that are 3x as powerful as the one we just put together and cost 3x the money. A company can't do that and stay in the black, and making TSO/EA Land a profitable game is the whole point, isn't it?

Not only the above, but if people really have that much vision problems (and don't say I have no sympathy for the disabled since I *am* physically disabled myself) I know I have seen screens that snap on to the computer monitor that magnify everything on the screen, so no, even if they CANNOT upgrade their screens, they are not left with no options. I'm not sure how much those things cost, but surely not as much as upgrading systems or monitors would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Carrie, I hate to burst your bubble but there are people out here in the rl that still have smallish monitors. Not everyone runs out to buy a new one just because they are bigger if their old one is still working. I too am on an extremely fixed income and I am also physically disabled so dont even go there! I DO NOT have the money to blow on new equipment!

With that said, there is still no reason for EA to make this game a Windows Mode only game!!! I could care less about the web stuff they are adding and more likely than not I wont be using them. There is the alt tab option too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What does any of what you've said have to do with taking away an option many players prefer? You can play in windows mode already as you say you like to, but how does taking away other's ability to play in full-screen if they want to result in progress?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they stated that the reason they were taking away the option was because of the many web-based features that will be in game....those features are the progress, not the taking away of that option to play in full-screen mode. What I was talking about was Bindy's comment about some people having screens too small to play in windowed mode without getting eye strain...IMO there's no reason that should still be an issue in these times with all the technology that has come out to assist those with true visual impairments.

Two different subjects, one branching off the other......sorry for the confusion

G

I just wanted to add two more cents to this subject....

Most free games I've played are mostly in Windows mode, because they have item shops and other web activities to generate a real income within the game since it's free to play.

Now seeing that TSO is pay to play, I would assume there should be an option between players who want to use their "Web Features" Such as the atm machine to purchase Simolians with Paypal, or Facebook ect... and players who only wish to shell out their 9.99 a month to play.

To me, on a personal level, this game has become all about money and revenue. They are trying to impliment the ATM into the game faster then fixing the Custom Content on chairs or allowing us to create new custom content. They are producing 4th year gifts as an attempt to appease the masses so they don't yank the proverbial food bowl aka monthly payment, out from under them. There seems to be mass confusion and mass hysteria on what, when and how the developers are exposing things.

On one hand, the production cities haven't merged yet. On the other, you cannot create anymore production sims because of your TC3 sims. On the other hand to that, Anniversary gifts are only enabled in Production cities. Then the flip side to that, you have to delete all your TC3 sims to re-create 1 production sim. Don't forget that TC3 sims take up to 7 days inbetween to delete each one. That's 21 days of waiting for all 3 slots just to be able to create 1 single sim in a production city in order to get your anniversary gifts. Now I won't go into the amnesty program.

I could go on and on about the confusion and frustration taking place right now, from the Avatar Leasing Error, to no property bonus.... But I won't.

I will just say this. I would appreciate it, and I know a few others would, if priorities were set in stone, agreed to and then released with full explanations to the players of TSO. When you make a blanket statement in generl aka "Full Screen Mode will no longer be available because of future web content" it's confusing and people get easily freaked out over it.

I myself don't honestly know how much longer I'm going to tolerate being told on one hand all these glorious things that will be changing to make the game more fun, then on the other all the things we're removing from the game because we don't have the time to re-program it or whatever the case may be.

It's just like ATM Machines. We were told we could buy and SELL simoleans back to the game. I began TC3 with that in mind and have worked for months to generate revenue in that town with the pure intention on selling my simoleans and being able to fund future ventures in production cities when they are merged. Now I'm being told you are not able and will never be able to sell simoleans back to EA in TC3. This is a little tidbit of information that would have been valuable to me.

I know I've written a novel, I didn't mean to. But I guess I had alot to say. Some things I may not be spot on about, close but no cigar syndrome, so please don't flame me for them. I'm just kinda dissappointed in EA right now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing, of course. What they are saying in a round about way is that the removal of something that doesn't matter to them (in this case full screen play mode) means it shouldn't matter to you either. Although it is your preferred method of play, they don't regard it as a big deal because they don't use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for putting words into my mouth, but no, you're wrong. I didn't say it shouldn't matter to anybody else because it doesn't matter to me, I said that if it is for the benefit of advancing the game and its progress, then losing that feature is really a small price to pay. I think more than anything people get stuck in playing a certain way, and are uncomfortable with stepping outside their comfort zone to realize that there is another way they *could* play, and might be totally happy with that way ultimately, though it might take some getting used to. I understand people are saying that we shouldn't have to sacrifice full screen mode for the benefit of progress, but the fact is that according to the devs, we do. I'm one to pick my battles, and if I was gonna fight over something being added or taken away, it would be something that had a much more significant impact on overall gameplay than fullscreen vs. windowed mode.

You might ask, well what if the shoe was on the other foot and it was windowed mode being taken away instead of full-screen mode, would I still be as OK with seeing it go, so I'll go ahead and answer the question before somebody asks it. Since that is my preferred way of playing, I might be mildly irritated, or a little apprehensive, that I'd no longer be able to play this way, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss playing in full-screen mode as totally unworkable until I'd given it a very fair shot, which since the full screen mode hasn't been removed yet, there hasn't been enough time for people to have given it that significant chance. If I found it didn't work for me, I still wouldn't pitch a fit and either close or threaten to close my account(s) over it, I'd find out if there was any way to get beyond whatever problems I had with it, and then if there proved not to be, I'd have to leave the game, but would do so without a dramatic exit, knowing a truly dug in and tried everything I could before I gave it up.

Just my two simoleans of course, but its this flair for the dramatic that I'm growing weary of as much as it is the specific things people are griping about. Let's face it, there are certain players that you can almost count on to have 'something' negative to say about every update or piece of news we are given, with the exception of very few things, and griping about every little change as it happens is only going to serve to make people give less weight to your complaints, even though some of them might be legitimate, sort of like The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf, whereas if you only complain when there is truly something worth complaining about, people will thing "Gee, if THEY are complaining then you KNOW something is seriously out of whack". People have to decide for themselves which category they want others to see them in. For me, its the latter.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I don't believe you have ever really earned a living working on robot factory with 5 other players. Full screen mode has saved many a life in the factory using full screen mode.

I have played both ways. Windowed and full screen. If as you say this decision will be for the betterment or advancement of the "game" then I can adjust to anything. But the web services has little to do with the "game" I play.

G

I've been using windows mode for so many years now, I can't imagine playing full screen. In that time I've got to the last but one level at the factory so it can certainly be done.

Polly

G

make your screen resolution 600x800 or whatever and then try window mode, works like a charm. XP also has a compatibility option on programs where you can make the screen automatically go to 600x800 when you start the game up.

problem solved! woohoo

G

Not to be a sour puss here or anything, But why should I be paying for a game where it's content should be easy to use. I myself know how to add an extra line of code to a programs contents, but why should I have to manually change the way my game works if I'm paying for it?

Just to give you an example of what I'm trying to say. If I go into a resturant and on the menu they offer, lets say "Garlic Shrimp" and I order it. The waitress then informs me I can have shrimp but it will be plain, and if I want "Garlic Shrimp" I have to get up, go back into the kitchen, grab the jar of garlic, sprinkle to my personal taste, watch it cook and she will then bring it to me, then why would I pay for "Garlic Shrimp"?

Understand my point? And yes, I sure know alot of people will be saying "Then go to another "Resturant" Aka "Game". That's not the point.

G

Okay, seriously, I don't understand this. Why does everyone think you have to add something to a line of code to make something window mode. I never have. I just go to start, programs, maxis, then I choose whatever size I want. There are three different sizes listed. I choose the window mode one, right click it and make a shortcut to the desktop. Guess I'm not sure how the new EALand one works.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well Carrie, I hate to burst your bubble but there are people out here in the rl that still have smallish monitors. Not everyone runs out to buy a new one just because they are bigger if their old one is still working. I too am on an extremely fixed income and I am also physically disabled so dont even go there! I DO NOT have the money to blow on new equipment!

With that said, there is still no reason for EA to make this game a Windows Mode only game!!! I could care less about the web stuff they are adding and more likely than not I wont be using them. There is the alt tab option too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider money spent on something long-lasting and worthwhile, like computer equipment, to be 'blown'.....and I don't have credit cards like some people do so if their comp dies tonight they can just run out to Best Buy and have a new comp by the next morning. I'd have to save up for it, but the point is that it *could* be done, eventually. Immediately, no, eventually, yes. I also wouldn't consider something 'still working' if it no longer would play the games I truly wanted to play.....I'd either have to find a new game to play or I'd have to upgrade equipment. Even disabled people like us, as long as they are not trying to support more than 2 adults, or as long as they don't have children, *can* achieve the same goal with a little bit of perseverance.....for me it just boils down to how bad I want something. If I want something bad enough, I save pennies, nickels, dimes and/or dollars for as long as it takes to be able to get it, whether it's 2 months or a year. If it's not, then I say screw it and find other interests to pursue. It's really that simple.

My original post or this response was not laced with the hostility/resentment that yours seemed to be.....I'm not sure where that is coming from. Was I basically saying "Hey, if I can do it, anybody can?" Yep, with the exception of those I listed above, that's exactly what I was saying. The only other help I get besides my check is food assistance. We don't even live in Section 8 subsidized housing, so that's not the reason why I could do that and others couldn't. It comes down to the same thing as it does for anybody who is fully able bodied, no matter how many figures they pull down a year.....4 like us or even up to 6 or 7: priorities. Everybody has to save up for their 'expensive toys'....it's just what you and I call expensive the guy pulling down 6 figures with an American Express Gold card in his back pocket would call chump change. But that guy's 'expensive toy/dream' could be that all-inclusive cruise around the world or whatever, but he'll have to save up for that too.

Mind over matter, Bindy. That is what I was trying to say.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, seriously, I don't understand this. Why does everyone think you have to add something to a line of code to make something window mode. I never have. I just go to start, programs, maxis, then I choose whatever size I want. There are three different sizes listed. I choose the window mode one, right click it and make a shortcut to the desktop. Guess I'm not sure how the new EALand one works.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was talking about making the Windows Mode screen larger by adding line of code to the screen resolution. It's different then start&gt;programs&gt;maxis and choosing. When they remove Full Size Mode, he was just giving everyone instructions on how to make the Windows Mode Screen appear larger.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't believe you have ever really earned a living working on robot factory with 5 other players. Full screen mode has saved many a life in the factory using full screen mode.

I have played both ways. Windowed and full screen. If as you say this decision will be for the betterment or advancement of the "game" then I can adjust to anything. But the web services has little to do with the "game" I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've never played the robot factory at all, because it didn't appeal to me due to the death aspect. I don't play many games for extended periods of time where death of my character, even with the possibility and likelihood of ressurection, is an option.....just never has appealed to me.

But the robot factory is just one of job tracks we have now, and we have no idea what they *might* add as far as new job tracks when EA Land is open. I do know others who play the robot factory in windowed mode, and after alot of practice which included lots of deaths and ressurections and swearing, now they only die a little more than full-screen mode players do on average. That's part of what I meant by adaptation......if the robot factory is too stressful with the odds of death increased so much, then why not go with another job track, or if none of those appeal, wait for others to be implemented, using other ways to earn money in the meantime? Not the ideal situation, but you're always one of the ones that 'goes with the flow' and figures out how to adapt with changes as they come down the pike, and then subsequently helps others figure out how deal with them too. That being the case, I'm sure you will probably be one of the first to post a strategy that works over in Tips, Tricks and Tactics, right?

ETA: this is case in point of what I meant, its not easy I'm sure, but it can be done. If I was interested in the robot job at all, I'd just view this as another challenge to conquer, setting goals for myself of dying fewer times each week than I did the week before, until I finally got back to the point that I was dying as often, or nearly as often as I was in FS mode.

<blockquote><hr>

I've been using windows mode for so many years now, I can't imagine playing full screen. In that time I've got to the last but one level at the factory so it can certainly be done.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I understand your point exactly as well as what Gracie has said....and in my opinion taking away the option to choose fullscreen play will result in fewer accounts kept active than the new web-based product will bring in...it just shouldn't be that difficult to give players the option of choosing which they prefer..doing so might well result in the new free-trial accts. turning into paying ones

G

You did know in their last blog post they said they are removing the "Free Trial" and "Free Accounts". Not sure why. I understand it as nobody in the future will be able to "Try before they buy" anymore. And when the free accounts run out, that's it.

G

no I didn't...guessed I missed that..I'm not sure why they'd do that either

G

<blockquote><hr>

You did know in their last blog post they said they are removing the "Free Trial" and "Free Accounts". Not sure why. I understand it as nobody in the future will be able to "Try before they buy" anymore. And when the free accounts run out, that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this is completely off-topic, but I have to answer you:

From the blog:

<blockquote><hr>

Free Play: Expect it free play to be out in 1-2 weeks. The Free Trial will be temporarily discontinued. Details on what Free Play mean will be explained at a future date.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that as Free play will be released in 1 - 2 weeks, the free trial will be temporarily discontinued, because Free play will be in its place.

But lets please remember this thread is about no longer being able to play in full screen mode and is not about free trials.

Polly

T

Tristan Lewis

TIP of the day you wanna edge scrool in windows mode? Play with the screen resollution till it fills you entire screen and BINGO you can edge scrool. Your Welcome have a Great Day

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

I don't consider money spent on something long-lasting and worthwhile, like computer equipment, to be 'blown'.....and I don't have credit cards like some people do so if their comp dies tonight they can just run out to Best Buy and have a new comp by the next morning. I'd have to save up for it, but the point is that it *could* be done, eventually. Immediately, no, eventually, yes. I also wouldn't consider something 'still working' if it no longer would play the games I truly wanted to play.....I'd either have to find a new game to play or I'd have to upgrade equipment. Even disabled people like us, as long as they are not trying to support more than 2 adults, or as long as they don't have children, *can* achieve the same goal with a little bit of perseverance.....for me it just boils down to how bad I want something. If I want something bad enough, I save pennies, nickels, dimes and/or dollars for as long as it takes to be able to get it, whether it's 2 months or a year. If it's not, then I say screw it and find other interests to pursue. It's really that simple.

My original post or this response was not laced with the hostility/resentment that yours seemed to be.....I'm not sure where that is coming from. Was I basically saying "Hey, if I can do it, anybody can?" Yep, with the exception of those I listed above, that's exactly what I was saying. The only other help I get besides my check is food assistance. We don't even live in Section 8 subsidized housing, so that's not the reason why I could do that and others couldn't. It comes down to the same thing as it does for anybody who is fully able bodied, no matter how many figures they pull down a year.....4 like us or even up to 6 or 7: priorities. Everybody has to save up for their 'expensive toys'....it's just what you and I call expensive the guy pulling down 6 figures with an American Express Gold card in his back pocket would call chump change. But that guy's 'expensive toy/dream' could be that all-inclusive cruise around the world or whatever, but he'll have to save up for that too.

Mind over matter, Bindy. That is what I was trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what my life is like and that is where the resentment you may be seeing comes from. I dislike you telling me that if you can afford it than I should be able to. And for you to sit there putting down my post which is to me a major concern for me right now to me is pretty low. Im not trying to me a drama queen over this, that is the last thing I wanted, but you need to understand there just might be someone out there that is worse off than you. No Im not looking for pity or attention. I just wanted to express my worries that by EA taking away full screen mode they are once again making life hard on some people to be able to continue to play this game.

You cant messure your ability to afford or save up for your "expensive toys" to what I can afford. And given that these things are probably going to be put into play in the game soon I know I can not afford to go out and buy new equipment at this time. The point here is we shouldnt have to just to play this game.

Its a little more than mind over matter for me anyway.

G

Although I agree with most of what you say, I have to disagree with this...
<blockquote><hr>

It's just like ATM Machines. We were told we could buy and SELL simoleans back to the game. I began TC3 with that in mind and have worked for months to generate revenue in that town with the pure intention on selling my simoleans and being able to fund future ventures in production cities when they are merged. Now I'm being told you are not able and will never be able to sell simoleans back to EA in TC3. This is a little tidbit of information that would have been valuable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been back for about 6 months or so after a two year hiatus, and I knew from the start that there would be no sell back in TC3 - only EALand (ugh).

G

to clear up the POTC online issue...
I have been playing since the beginning of beta.. and am still playing.. there is and always have been windows and full screen mode.
Full screen mode still shows task bar which is very very helpful and sweet for the multitaskers.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I prefer full screen mode because I to have poor eyesight and I respect the people who like the window mode better but it should be an option for us all to choose. I've played window mode before and its just as quick and easy to multi-task simply by using alt-tab. And Bindy, I have to say that I understand your comment because i'm in the same situation. I am totally disabled and any new hardware that I would need to run my PC would put me out off commission for sometime . Just let me keep my full screen mode. Why not finish one problem before you go on to create more (Dev's) Please, Rome wasn't built in a day but I bet they finished the foundation before they added floors and walls!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I prefer full screen mode because I to have poor eyesight and I respect the people who like the window mode better but it should be an option for us all to choose. I've played window mode before and its just as quick and easy to multi-task simply by using alt-tab. And Bindy, I have to say that I understand your comment because i'm in the same situation. I am totally disabled and any new hardware that I would need to run my PC would put me out off commission for sometime . Just let me keep my full screen mode. Why not finish one problem before you go on to create more (Dev's) Please, Rome wasn't built in a day but I bet they finished the foundation before they added floors and walls!

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

i never played in full mode..... so that doesnt affect me much hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Then you never enjoyed the pleasures of edge scrolling. Edge scrolling does not work for me in windows mode at all. All that clicking from side to side drives me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grace you can also get use yiour arrow keys. Make sure your mouse is out of chat mode, you can do this by clicking on the needs or any menu. Then you can use your arrow keys I can also scroll in my windowed mode, but prefer the arrow keys.I even have where my mouse locks on it with a click and wont release it until I click it off. I just do it. Nothing fancy. But I do agree. they need to leave fullscreen availble. No need to remove it just because the devs do not want to work wuth it or around it. I have never played a game you could not toggle between windowed and fullscreen. I use fullscreen when building to keep from losing money because screen jumps on me from that thing they added way back.

And um since when did any of the subscribers say they wanted access to the web from the game?? I did not ever see that as a point of interest from anyone or the majority. What the???? You need to get back onto updating the game for what game actually is and the merge. More access to the web??? If I want I can do it without having the it in game.

You know the real funny thing i, is if these features do get used the ones in full mode will be the ones needing to use it the most.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rome fell.

K

Keep It Real

Yes Rome fell, destroyed from the inside out. hmmmm........

As for full screen mode, I use it as often as not.

I

imported_corpatortis

Yes. Destroyed by the very community that helped build it. Go figure.

I like Windows mode. It means I can do other things without having to alt tab. Sorry it bites for those who are visually impaired but the difference isn't *that* drastic.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm sure for those afk busy and doing other things the change is not all that drastic.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I prefer windows mode to full mode!

[/ QUOTE ] good for you, this thread isn't about which you prefer..it's about having an option to do either

G

Sorry, didn't see a moderator symbol next to your name.

Personally, I only use window mode. I usually have yahoo chat and a couple other things all going at the same time. As far as the feature, I have no problem with them. They're not taking up any more room than I expect them too. I've just never been a full screen type of person. I multitask a lot. So this change won't affect me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I prefer windows mode to full mode!

[/ QUOTE ] good for you, this thread isn't about which you prefer..it's about having an option to do either

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its about the change in general. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject. How about you tell us your opinion?

Personally I also prefer windows mode, but I what I really want is the window to be resizable.

G

I prefer fullscreen...does it really matter if I won't have a choice?

G

Since the devs may very well be reading this thread...yes opinions matter. Will it change anything? That is yet to be seen, but its worked in the past.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since the devs may very well be reading this thread...yes opinions matter. Will it change anything? That is yet to be seen, but its worked in the past.

[/ QUOTE ] that would be nice to see

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, didn't see a moderator symbol next to your name.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not, nor an 'insider'...can only go on what Luc has stated...I don't know what they read here or elsewhere, so was simply saying it appeared they plan on taking away the option rendering our preference meaningless...perhaps that won't be the case

E

Elizabeth Z

I wonder if they said "No more Windows Mode . Full Screen is going to be your ONLY option" whom would be screaming the loudest then? Its not about what YOU do or I do its about a choice.

If they are reading this don't take away the "choice" on something so ludicrous. It does matter to those who can't see that well AND it IS a big difference I've tried it before.

Thank you.