• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NETWORK] Ultima Online - Classic PvP server is back online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read some SOTD threads, but haven't found an info weather I can safely place a house without loosing the other house on the prod shard on that account.
Does anyone know if we can safely place a house ?
Well see as this is a test shard you should be safe.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read some SOTD threads, but haven't found an info weather I can safely place a house without loosing the other house on the prod shard on that account.
Does anyone know if we can safely place a house ?
Well see as this is a test shard you should be safe.
Interesting... so I'm guessing if Siege was reclassified as a test shard, then players could have an account on a production shard and also on Siege as well.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have not played this shard. I can say it is not Siege.

It is a temporary play ground. That is all good and fine. Have fun and enjoy the temporary shard.

Siege will be around after it is gone. All the history of Siege. The personalities of Siege. The ability to actually make a real mark,will remain.

Siege is a small pond and even small fishes get noticed.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not played this shard. I can say it is not Siege.

It is a temporary play ground. That is all good and fine. Have fun and enjoy the temporary shard.

Siege will be around after it is gone. All the history of Siege. The personalities of Siege. The ability to actually make a real mark,will remain.

Siege is a small pond and even small fishes get noticed.
siege is not like what a classic shard should be in the slightest, weapons with mods, all the skills, every world but tram... should only be felucca, atleast theres no insurance there, oh and i have no idea why you can't recall on that shard

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^ What I was getting at was
SOTD has lots of character slots
SOTD allows a house on both SOTD and a production shard

i.e. Siege could have them too I'd imagine.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
^^ What I was getting at was
SOTD has lots of character slots
SOTD allows a house on both SOTD and a production shard

i.e. Siege could have them too I'd imagine.
No.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you want to argue these points, become a Siege player. Just saying.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting... so I'm guessing if Siege was reclassified as a test shard, then players could have an account on a production shard and also on Siege as well.
What?? Sotd is not siege. Sotd is a temp shard. Siege is a perm shard. Sotd is nothing like siege aside from both having no insurance or tram. Siege is not or will ever be a "test" shard.

V

Vyal

I quit playing SOTD after Supreem made that last post about if you don't like it don't play it.. I'm now playing on Siege. Hope the Ninja, Swords, Spellweaving temp works out there ;)

Lynxeuropa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i downloaded and updated a client which i got off the uo website

attempted to log into this SOTD and nothing happens appon login

i can log into other shards :??

L

Longest Journey

[size=+1]Ultima Online - Classic PvP server is back online![/size]
Submitted by George Vanous on Fri, 10/29/2010 - 07:17

Ultima Online announced today the release of a classic shard based on the “old school” PvP server!

The new "Shard of the Dead" is an attempt to gauge the interest levels of re-opening a full-blown "old school" PvP server. UO producer Cal Crowner hopes this will excite the players who preferred the classic free-form gameplay of Ultima Online with harsh consequences when your character is defeated by another.

Shard of the Dead will remain open for one to two months, depending on the player response.

Here is a look at the features for this new server.

Features of "Shard of the Dead"

1. No items will be blessed, except for spellbooks of all types, and runebooks
2. Item insurance system disabled
3. Always nighttime
4. No handouts for new players, start the game as you are and work hard to achieve things in game
5. Accelerate skill gain 10X so players can get to max level quickly
6. Only Felucca facet will exist
7. Allow Glass Sword of Shattering (one shot kill sword that shatters when used. Players can only have one at a time and never trade/sell them)
8. New King of the Tower game to obtain Glass Sword
9. Only one guard zone in Britian
10. All characters receive advanced character token at login
11. Players must wait 7 days to delete their characters

To get started, or re-enable an old account visit the account management page!
They call this a "classic PvP server"? Seriously?

Clearly the current development staff has no clue as to how classic UO worked. This....abomination.... is simply a pathetic slap to the face of all players who desire a true classic server.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They call this a "classic PvP server"? Seriously?

Clearly the current development staff has no clue as to how classic UO worked. This....abomination.... is simply a pathetic slap to the face of all players who desire a true classic server.
*sigh*

You probably didn't really read much of this thread did you? Particular the last half?

Let me summarize this miss understanding for you:

That "article" wasn't written by EA. SOTD is not suppose to have anything to do with classic pvp whatsoever. Read the last part of this thread more and you will even see a post by a dev commenting that this shard isn't anything other than a Halloween shard, not anything at all to do with classic PvP. The author of this article is an idiot.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to make sure the late readers who probably don't want to read through the thread:

Hi, not certain if anyone is going to read this or if you would like to continue the arguments. But, the interaction here has been interesting to watch.

Shard of the Dead is an old play area that we resurrected for Halloween. The gameplay is experimental. This is not an intro to a Classic Server.

Recently, someone asked when Test Centers were going to be fun again. So we put Shard of the Dead together for Halloween.

The ideas come from a few styles that devs have played with over the years. We intend to change the play over time. The good thing about the shard is we can change anything anytime until we find the right mix of ideas.

We may try color wars again ... or a few other things.

We are leaving it up to watch what happens, and to add and take away things.

A warning: don't believe anything but the publish notes. The Shard of the Dead is nothing more than what the pub notes say.

Yes, Curse.com got a sneak peek. He actually added some ideas, and he did it constructively.

Again Shard of the Dead is a play area and not intended to be anything more than that.

We have not had a place to just try out things in a while.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I got from this whole experience is that everyone in UO hates glass swords, and Supreem would rather have SOTD fail than remove them.

L

lynxineuropa

well people would have been forgiven for thinking it was going to be a "Classic PvP server" when the title of this thread is what?....

anyways, cant even get logged in to see how ****e these glass swords are :L

Status
Not open for further replies.