• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most recognizable pagan symbol even you should have issues with:

That's not a "pagan symbol." That's an abbreviation designed after the elder Futhark alphabet. If you really need to understand why, go look it up on Wiki.

Ultima VIII was named pagan.

My favorite is the pentagram over our head symbolizing our virtues.
That's not a pentagram, lightbulb. A pentagram has five points, not six. You can also look the codex (that's what it's called, in case you didn't know) up on Wiki.

Great, bad enough my game is dead on this shard. Now it has this crap.

Thanks for reaffirming my views of bible thumpers.

O

OxAO

In this case with the 'SS' the Nazi’s used the younger Futhark which was made by an Austrian occult, but most of their symbolism they used the Elder Furthark.

Heinrich Himmler was involved in paganism. You can see elder Furthark symbolism all through the SS items they used.
elder Furthark is used by some what modern pagans.

A pentagram has five points, not six.
Whatever it is a modified version of the pentagram. I find it humorous to even think game based on “Magic” isn’t based on paganism. That sounds contradictory to me.

Great, bad enough my game is dead on this shard. Now it has this crap
I really do not understand this attack on Christian-Jewish beliefs.
Why can't they come on here and talk? Wouldn’t that strengthen the UO community?
Or is that a community that you do not want to be associated with?

Thanks for reaffirming my views of bible thumpers.
i am happy to help you in your pre-set ideas. Though i don't believe in god.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wow we have achieved a ranking of within the all time top ten replies to a thread well except from the ones started in 1969. Wait 1969? Stratics was way more cutting edge then I thought!

L

Lady M

Now all that being said, Any comments on people that should be included in the memorial area or are we all just not interested in something like that?
I would like to submit a name to you Nabin. Ceasar passed away in the aftermath of 9-11,(in RL he was working for the NYFD) this hasten his passing. He was one of my teachers when I first starting playing UO.

O

OxAO

I would like to submit a name to you Nabin. Ceasar passed away in the aftermath of 9-11,(in RL he was working for the NYFD) this hasten his passing. He was one of my teachers when I first starting playing UO.

I remember him i think.. when was the last time he played?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's real easy to just ignore it if you want to.
Actually, if its like the one on Sonoma they do not just keep it in there "Church". They place pack animals all over luna with comm crystals in them. Yes there are other banks, but tell me anywhere on Sonoma where there is such a concentration of vendors other than inside luna walls. That is where it crosses the line IMO and effects others game play...because whether or not they want to read it or see it...it is there.

Okay...back to lurking Napas forums...

P

Pacem

Responding to that, people do have a choice whether or not to view the text the packies are putting forth. You can ignore packies in the same way you can ignore players. There are books with each pack animal with detailed instructions on how to put them on ignore so you no longer see the text. They get removed sometimes though. They will no longer be throughout Luna, only near the bank, at the moongate and at the stables, and will be easily avoidable for those that do not wish to listen to them.
I hope this helps. :)

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this has all become completely and utterly *&%$ing ridiculous....
live, work, play and completely *&%$ up Napa....
lmao

R

Richard Pryor

The books about Got God - I go through and change them to Got Gold. All references to God become Gold. It's nice.

T

thesinner

I'd like to add a little something to this.

First of all please do not waste your and my time by trying to persuade me of anything regarding christian - or any other - belief. If you do so, it might severely make me mad at you and we don't want this to happen, do we? Alright then.

If anyone would ever (I really mean ever) try to preach to me via any game, I'd be more than just offended and I would do page a GM and send a very serious email regarding this to the given games developers. I do not care whether or not someone has gotten any permissions to do so, since humans are usually biased and easily fooled by nice sounding words. More than that I would immediately start a counter maneuvre and yeah, since I do know quite something about real satanism (not the Crowley crap thing, I mean the real thing which basically just says that you yourself are your own god and do not need anything beside yourself) as well as I have studied the history of pagan religions I would begin a debate that no non-theologist could withstand (and even those usually resign at some point, stating that they cannot find any wrongs in my reason-based conclusions yet beg me to simply have faith) and I surely would'nt let you keep any false pride regarding that "church" you're talking about - the mass murdering instrument of choice for a small white minority - and I'm not talking about past times now, I'm talking about the actual mass murder going on via this organisation and its leaders (Dooming condoms means killing a few hundred thousand people just for reasons of pride and stubborn we-need-to-be-right-ism, so for me this is actual mass murder and nothing else, so much for the "Love of God").

Be very glad that I do not play on this shard of yours and thus have not met you there because I am very very easily offended by preaching and I tend to answer in a very harsh way, as I do in real-life to this because I do NOT try to persuade people of MY opinion and I do absolutely and with absolutely zero exceptions expect the very same of others.

Personally I dislike any sort of religion that preaches that you have to follow that one religion to get your golden clock at the end of your <enter good thing to end / bad thing to happen here>. I tend to be seen as Asatru (for the christians that never heard of it: this is a revival of the old nordic religions, "as" derived from "ase", meaning god, "tru" meaning "true" in both scandinavian and roman languages), one of the many religions destroyed for the sake of another patchwork-religion, this time being the christian one during 900-1200 a.D.).

Stop preaching, start acting. This is what I tell every priest and every preacher, for it doesn't change anything talking and talking and talkin while people just keep suffering, hating and dying. if one regards himself as following a religion based on love, one should stop being so hateful as to preach to others trying to persuade them of one's belief because this IS a form of disrespect and thus leads to hatred.

The only chance to persuade someone would be to just BE the way you preach and to "really" start to act this way. I know exactly one person on earth this far that really does this, he is a christian believer and a friend of mine who for example invites strangers to sleep at his place just to give them shelter and he also shares some of his belongings with those in need. This is something I have the deepest respect for. But I do have zero respect for people that just try to tell others what to do.

If I wanted this to happen I'd watch the news.

Aunt Edit(h) says:
Please do not confuse paganism with the crap that the Nazi regime made of oit, seriously this makes me as an Asatru follower very sick for it perverts the original thought behind this religion which is a semi-natrue based religion. Sadly this tends to be the way religions are being misused, like for example the Ten Commandments are things made up out of much older laws of the Baylonians, or for example the picture of god as an allmighty singular god is based on the fact that a "new" religion always had to have something "stronger" than any older religion. This is also the reason why there was such a big Odin cult (very interesting to read this on wiki and the likes). The stronger a god, the clearer the commandments -> the easier it was to gain followers. One major problem however was to get people away from old beliefs so in order to make it easier for them a lot of old holidays or ceremonies or parts of older beliefs were simply adopted or in many cases transformed to serve a new purpose.

One thing I personally find hilarious is the fact that a lot of christian believers celebrate fireworks on Dec. 31st. That's like wearing a blue shirt and saying "I only wear red stuff!" (this is one of the oldest rituals in pagan religions, trying to get rid of ghosts and demons and evil influences for the new year -> since the christian belief says there are no demons and witchcraft it is hilarious to see them try to get rid of it *grins*).

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to add a little something to this.

First of all please do not waste your and my time by trying to persuade me of anything regarding christian - or any other - belief. If you do so, it might severely make me mad at you and we don't want this to happen, do we? Alright then.

If anyone would ever (I really mean ever) try to preach to me via any game, I'd be more than just offended and I would do page a GM and send a very serious email regarding this to the given games developers. I do not care whether or not someone has gotten any permissions to do so, since humans are usually biased and easily fooled by nice sounding words. More than that I would immediately start a counter maneuvre and yeah, since I do know quite something about real satanism (not the Crowley crap thing, I mean the real thing which basically just says that you yourself are your own god and do not need anything beside yourself) as well as I have studied the history of pagan religions I would begin a debate that no non-theologist could withstand (and even those usually resign at some point, stating that they cannot find any wrongs in my reason-based conclusions yet beg me to simply have faith) and I surely would'nt let you keep any false pride regarding that "church" you're talking about - the mass murdering instrument of choice for a small white minority - and I'm not talking about past times now, I'm talking about the actual mass murder going on via this organisation and its leaders (Dooming condoms means killing a few hundred thousand people just for reasons of pride and stubborn we-need-to-be-right-ism, so for me this is actual mass murder and nothing else, so much for the "Love of God").

Be very glad that I do not play on this shard of yours and thus have not met you there because I am very very easily offended by preaching and I tend to answer in a very harsh way, as I do in real-life to this because I do NOT try to persuade people of MY opinion and I do absolutely and with absolutely zero exceptions expect the very same of others.

Personally I dislike any sort of religion that preaches that you have to follow that one religion to get your golden clock at the end of your <enter good thing to end / bad thing to happen here>. I tend to be seen as Asatru (for the christians that never heard of it: this is a revival of the old nordic religions, "as" derived from "ase", meaning god, "tru" meaning "true" in both scandinavian and roman languages), one of the many religions destroyed for the sake of another patchwork-religion, this time being the christian one during 900-1200 a.D.).

Stop preaching, start acting. This is what I tell every priest and every preacher, for it doesn't change anything talking and talking and talkin while people just keep suffering, hating and dying. if one regards himself as following a religion based on love, one should stop being so hateful as to preach to others trying to persuade them of one's belief because this IS a form of disrespect and thus leads to hatred.

The only chance to persuade someone would be to just BE the way you preach and to "really" start to act this way. I know exactly one person on earth this far that really does this, he is a christian believer and a friend of mine who for example invites strangers to sleep at his place just to give them shelter and he also shares some of his belongings with those in need. This is something I have the deepest respect for. But I do have zero respect for people that just try to tell others what to do.

If I wanted this to happen I'd watch the news.

Aunt Edit(h) says:
Please do not confuse paganism with the crap that the Nazi regime made of oit, seriously this makes me as an Asatru follower very sick for it perverts the original thought behind this religion which is a semi-natrue based religion. Sadly this tends to be the way religions are being misused, like for example the Ten Commandments are things made up out of much older laws of the Baylonians, or for example the picture of god as an allmighty singular god is based on the fact that a "new" religion always had to have something "stronger" than any older religion. This is also the reason why there was such a big Odin cult (very interesting to read this on wiki and the likes). The stronger a god, the clearer the commandments -> the easier it was to gain followers. One major problem however was to get people away from old beliefs so in order to make it easier for them a lot of old holidays or ceremonies or parts of older beliefs were simply adopted or in many cases transformed to serve a new purpose.

One thing I personally find hilarious is the fact that a lot of christian believers celebrate fireworks on Dec. 31st. That's like wearing a blue shirt and saying "I only wear red stuff!" (this is one of the oldest rituals in pagan religions, trying to get rid of ghosts and demons and evil influences for the new year -> since the christian belief says there are no demons and witchcraft it is hilarious to see them try to get rid of it *grins*).

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah,

I don't play your shard.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

Then don't concern yourself with what goes on here, Skippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.