• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nabin

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MorganaLeFey

lol @ O... Me thinks you'd only accept salvation from that mug of brew you're holding. LOL

K

Kazumi the Wild

dont try to point fingers if your using a fake username, the only reasoning behind using a fake name is so you can hide who you are, implying your a bad person yourself, is that not true?
To assume makes an ass of u and me. :D

Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that implications are a very subjective matter, especially when you make such an impressively unwarranted conclusion that, because "all" bad people hide who they are by assuming a fake name, someone assuming a fake name is a bad person.

The fact is that people use fake names for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which would make such a person a bad person. 'Tis sometimes the opposite, in fact: Many women writers of old were forced to use male nomme de plumes (sp?) in order to be published at all, and some of their work is rightly considered classics we'd (arguably) be worse off without.

S

Sunrise

This thread reminds me of an old computer joke...

Jesus and Buddha both get computers. They have one hour to write this certain report.

They start typing away..

15 minutes in they both have 10 pages writen..

30 minutes away Buddha has 2 pages more than Jesus..

35 Minutes Buddha has 5 pages more than Jesus does..

54 Minutes Buddha is way ahead and almost finish with his report, but Jesus is typing like crazy...

55 Minutes The power shuts off. The computers goes down.

59 minutes the power comes back on.

Who do you think either finished or came close to finishing there report?

Jesus of Course. For Jesus saves. :danceb:

This joke is for all us old timers...Who have forgot ONLY ONCE in our lives..to save after spending hours on a project...then turning off the computer or having the lights go out...and not saving. I stress Once :D

S

Sunrise

Disclaimer...

Ok TO cover my ASS on this joke...You can use what ever name you want for Buddha. Thats just how the joke goes. IF anyone takes OFFENSE Im sorry. Thats just how I remember it :D

hey We all know how stratics can be :p

P

Pacem

Lol, Try to remember that this is a game where we kill people. If you really want to save some souls, build your church next to the Yew gate. Last time I was there I seen alot of ghosts trying to find the light!!
We've actually dont that before, not the building itself, but we came to Yew gate in Fel on Lake Austin, while a bunch of reds were running around and killing each other. We brought a bunch of chairs and carefully set them up around the gate, sat down and we had a service. I had something prepared for a sermon, and we let them have it both barrels!
I am proud to say that not one member of the congregation was killed or thieved, and I was only killed once (not looted).

We are not afraid to take the gospel anywhere it needs to be brought, at the Lord's guidance. :)

P

Pacem

By the way, if you want to check us out on Lake Austin, we're at the northwest corner of Luna inside town walls, where the mage npc shop is. Can't miss us, the whole corner is covered in crosses. :) The church is the sandstone with a white cross on the front. If you want to join us Sunday eve's, be there 9:30pm EST. :)

Once the Napa church is finished, I'm considering Saturday evenings, same time but that is still up in the air atm.

C

Cysphruo

To assume makes an ass of u and me. :D

Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that implications are a very subjective matter, especially when you make such an impressively unwarranted conclusion that, because "all" bad people hide who they are by assuming a fake name, someone assuming a fake name is a bad person.

The fact is that people use fake names for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which would make such a person a bad person. 'Tis sometimes the opposite, in fact: Many women writers of old were forced to use male nomme de plumes (sp?) in order to be published at all, and some of their work is rightly considered classics we'd (arguably) be worse off without.
this is a forum... show me someone who has ever used a fake name with good intentions.

R

Richard Pryor

"Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that implications are a very subjective matter, especially when you make such an impressively unwarranted conclusion that, because "all" bad people hide who they are by assuming a fake name, someone assuming a fake name is a bad person.

The fact is that people use fake names for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which would make such a person a bad person. 'Tis sometimes the opposite, in fact: Many women writers of old were forced to use male nomme de plumes (sp?) in order to be published at all, and some of their work is rightly considered classics we'd (arguably) be worse off without."

This is a great point. I ALWAYS use a fake name when having sex with a *****. I do this because I don't want to hurt my wife and therefore, my reason for using a fake name is altruistic... Autistic? Er... I'm not sure what the word is, but it means I'm doing it for a good reason.

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lighten up folks!!!!! It's no big deal, Unless this is really a precursor to a new event like "The Inquisition hits Brittania" HAHAHAHA

B

Budweiser

i could think of alot of people you hang out with that would make people look at you a different way

Yah im a Basturd :)

Though we may not always agree with someones view or belief, I'm glad we have the freedom to express them, don't forget that.

P

Pacem

"Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that implications are a very subjective matter, especially when you make such an impressively unwarranted conclusion that, because "all" bad people hide who they are by assuming a fake name, someone assuming a fake name is a bad person.

The fact is that people use fake names for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which would make such a person a bad person. 'Tis sometimes the opposite, in fact: Many women writers of old were forced to use male nomme de plumes (sp?) in order to be published at all, and some of their work is rightly considered classics we'd (arguably) be worse off without."

This is a great point. I ALWAYS use a fake name when having sex with a *****. I do this because I don't want to hurt my wife and therefore, my reason for using a fake name is altruistic... Autistic? Er... I'm not sure what the word is, but it means I'm doing it for a good reason.
A better way to not hurt your wife would be not to cheat on her at all, and remain true to her. :)

R

Richard Pryor

"A better way to not hurt your wife would be not to cheat on her at all, and remain true to her."

It's only cheating if you get caught?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i could think of alot of people you hang out with that would make people look at you a different way

Yah im a Basturd :)

Though we may not always agree with someones view or belief, I'm glad we have the freedom to express them, don't forget that.
*rubs eyes* I dont think I read that right, you could not possibly have meant to defend me! ;)

Seriously tho, I have talked to Mathew and Nabin both extensively and I think they understand my objection was not meant to hurt people but rather to save people from discomfort. I think its great they want to build a church :)

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wait u mean your not really Richard Pryor :eek:

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ailish!! not meant to hurt people but rather to save people from discomfort??
i would like to cause the hurt and discomfort please!!...can i?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ailish!! not meant to hurt people but rather to save people from discomfort??
i would like to cause the hurt and discomfort please!!...can i?
*long suffered sigh* Ohhhhkayyyy Otis. If you must. But if you keep stealing Z's sigs he's gonna be hurtin and discomfortin you!

R

Richard Pryor

Who else would I be but Richar Pryor?

[edit]By Richar, I mean Richard.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*long suffered sigh* Ohhhhkayyyy Otis. If you must. But if you keep stealing Z's sigs he's gonna be hurtin and discomfortin you!
although i would love to take credit for this!, i cannot
been slackin on sigils for awhile now

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Good Morning all,

I have a small re-direct here for you all and we could use all of your input. I stated before that as part of the church we will be setting up a special area as a memorial to those players that have left a lasting impression on our shard and passed away in Real Life. If you could please start submitting those players that you think should be included I would very much appreciate it.

A special thanks to everyone that has been helping out with this project.

S

sarloth

although i would love to take credit for this!, i cannot
been slackin on sigils for awhile now
I might have an idea of the people responsible for such acts... they might be numerous and they might be related to you in some way.

O

OxAO

Ailish

Ultima is full of paganism why haven’t you complained about that?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, maybe because they dont have huge signs saying "Wicker Man Lives!" or whatever such stuff a pagan might say? Look, I straight said I had no issue with the church itself, nor the crosses. Fact is this is an international game with people from all over the world playing it. A little consideration goes a long way.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hey all,

I just wanted to make sure everyone is clear. Ailish and I are in good standing as far as I am concerned and I consider Ailish someone I have always had good open communication with. I am very much in understanding of her concern and frankly consider all this to be pretty much over. :) I have always appreciated her opinions very much.

Now all that being said, Any comments on people that should be included in the memorial area or are we all just not interested in something like that?

P

Pacem

A quick update on church construction:
There has been somewhat of a delay, but I am working towards having at least the first floor (which is the sanctuary) completed this weekend, and the entire project done by this Tuesday. I am open for any suggestions for a church service schedule, what day, time etc. Once the church is completed, it will also be a place where weddings may be held, free of charge. I have performed a few weddings in the past, including the wedding of Sandman and Crystal Rose of Whispering Rose Radio, of which I am also a DJ.

Blessings to you all. :)

O

OxAO

Ailish

Pagan symbols in Ultima are all over the place.
You probably recognize some of these in Ultima:

The most recognizable pagan symbol even you should have issues with:

Ultima VIII was named pagan.

My favorite is the pentagram over our head symbolizing our virtues.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes there are pagan symbols throughout sosaria
but there not screaming *Follow Our Ways!* and i think thats what Ailish was trying to say here, nothing wrong with that

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so the letter "i" is a pagan symbol? i thought it was an alphabet? and with some of those other symbols i guess im gonna have t pull up my teleport squares and start useing stairs again....crap

O

OxAO

”but there not screaming *Follow Our Ways!*”
No we are not screaming ‘follow our way’ we don’t need to when we are practicing a variation of the way of paganism.

I thought this was kinda obvious from the start of Ulitma when I first picked up the first Ultima series I knew what it was about.

Come on you can not be this distant to what we are doing in the game can you?
What do you think “magic” is all about?
Magic brings to together the forces of nature.
represented the classic five elements alchemist named as:
aether, air, earth, fire and water
Paganism represents this in the form of a pentagram.

Now look at what Ailish is saying.
"UO is not the place (to talk about Jesus), I feel, to so, um, enthusiastically display them as it is a game filled with diverse people from all over the world."
I love how she starts off saying we have to be diverse but we can only talk about paganism in this game.
Ailish: please just let people play the game as they want to. lighten up it is a GAME!

B

Budweiser

*rubs eyes* I dont think I read that right, you could not possibly have meant to defend me! ;)

Seriously tho, I have talked to Mathew and Nabin both extensively and I think they understand my objection was not meant to hurt people but rather to save people from discomfort. I think its great they want to build a church :)

;) I ran with you. You ran with me. Need we say more? Yes I defend you.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;) I ran with you. You ran with me. Need we say more? Yes I defend you.
*hugs Bud* You are a doll, no matter what anyones says :)

OxAO - You are literally placing words in my mouth I did not say. Either way, as Nabin says, the subject is closed. Him and I talked and he understands what I was trying to say, and its all that matters to me. As you say, it is a game, so stop worrying about what worries me and lets all play (or not, as you see fit).

Nabin - my appologies for dragging this out again. Sometimes it is hard to keep ones mouth shut when people are trying to make one out to be something they are not. I feel confident that the people who matter understand me.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sometimes it is hard to keep ones mouth shut when people are trying to make one out to be something they are not. I feel confident that the people who matter understand me.
Aye! Let's all just head to the Pub. :pint: I am in the mood for a few good stories.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I think the "church" is starting to look much better and I am glad that the first message is off the roof I am still a little saddened that the parties involved still feel it needed to write "messages".

Its tacky. Worse it could be seen as a typical religionist slam on those that do not follow(which truthfully I cannot see how it is not that). Last time I ran by unsolicited by myself I had bible believer strewn accross my screens which is great for the owner, I am happy for you, but little more than a nut on a corner telling me that I'm going to be having a long term view of a fire. Bleh.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on you can not be this distant to what we are doing in the game can you?
What do you think “magic” is all about?
Magic brings to together the forces of nature.
represented the classic five elements alchemist named as:
aether, air, earth, fire and water
Paganism represents this in the form of a pentagram.
lmao..uhm, who are you arguing with?
i dont believe anyone has argued the fact that paganism isnt part of uo
the conversation isnt about symbolism found throughout a game or magic and the history behind the pentagram, almost looks like you just want to bring up paganism because you like to talk about it lmao!
the original conversations over...
we realize paganism is a huge part of the world of uo and thank you for the history lesson on what magic is all about lol

P

Pacem

I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show
I'm not ashamed to speak the name
of Jesus Christ!
I'm not gonna sneak it around
I'm not gonna hide it behind walls or under a basket that only I can see
I am here on a mission to bring the Good News
and this news is so good I simply cannot and will not keep it to myself :)

The roof messages will remain until construction is completed on Tuesday.
Besides, honestly, you can't even see the messages unless you have radar map up, and you have to work hard to get the whole roof in your screen to see it all without radar.
So if you don't want to see it, maybe don't have radar up in Luna? And don't work so hard to get it in your screen if you don't want to see it. :)

Just a thought. Peace be unto you. :)

P.S. -- If people have no qualms about people having names like Lord Satan etc etc, then I would think I have just as much of a right to have my messages.

P

Pacem

Btw, I am fine with Ailish, I understand where she is coming from. I have nothing against her. :)

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pacem
i think the whole issue people had with your roof was already resolved..
no need to defend that man

P

Pacem

Good enough, concerning the messages... :)
But let it be known for future reference, as long as others have the right to have crazy names like what I mentioned, then I retain my right to have my messages.
Be blessed. :)

O

OxAO

lmao..uhm, who are you arguing with?
i dont believe anyone has argued the fact that paganism isnt part of uo
the conversation isnt about symbolism found throughout a game or magic and the history behind the pentagram, almost looks like you just want to bring up paganism because you like to talk about it lmao!
the original conversations over...
we realize paganism is a huge part of the world of uo and thank you for the history lesson on what magic is all about lol

Why do I bring it up?

I seriously dislike political correctness and anyone that attempts to enforce their PC ways on others.

My thinking is if you don't like it don't read it.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
lol Then why waste yout time bringing it up to the top again?

O

OxAO

This thread DISGUSTS me beyond measure.
why? What disgusts you?

The part that advertising your religion is now considered Politically incorrect?

Or the part that it disgusts you that some want to advertise their religion?

Or my favorite:
Are you disgusted that people are using this pagan based game to practice a different religion?

Since it was the thread that bothered you it wasn't when Ailish expressing her opinion that only Nabin opinion matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.