• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah don't get me wrong. I totally agree that a heavy hitting weapon swung at max swing speed is the way to go since it will obviously hit for the most damage while also leeching the most. As I've said though, it just seems that when you're just barely able to swing at max speed at full stamina, any slight drop in stamina from taking damage is going to drop you into the 1.5-1.75 swing speed. Which seems to be the case when using a long sword.

Is it possible to get 100% HML? That would be to nice!!
Lynk uses Pots to keep that from being an issue. I know thats what I use as well. To some extent its preference. If your not a chugger then your not going to be able to use it to its full effectiveness and in that case it might be better to go with the faster weapon.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Is it possible to get 100% HML? That would be to nice!!
It's depends on weapon and ssi on the weapon.

Hammer pick: yes.
Longsword: yes if it has 20% SSI or less.
Broadsword: yes if it has 10% SSI or less.
Leafblade: no (~95% HML max)

IIRC my swordsman uses a broadsword with 30% SSI + 87% HML and a katana with 82% HML (or may be 86% HML).

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lynk I'll take that timed challenge on Rikky, slasher, Stygian dragon, Semidar, Meph (will probably loose on Meph though :/ ) if you would like

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

IIRC my swordsman uses a broadsword with 30% SSI + 87% HML and a katana with 82% HML (or may be 86% HML).
I don't think so. i made a long sword last night and did only HML and the highest I could get was 87%.. how are you getting 87% mana leech on a broadsword?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I reforged it using a copper hammer. Max possible value is 140% of the cap. So if you can imbue 72% HML on a weapon then you can reforge 100% HML on it. (But it takes 154 intensity on the weapon)

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran

So I havent tried this, but what happens when you imbue the max HML on a weapon and then try to add SSI?

Does it just not give you the option to add the SSI?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
but what happens when you imbue the max HML on a weapon and then try to add SSI?
HML value will be adjusted to new SSI value.

For example,

1. You crafted an exceptional longsword:
DI 40%

2. You imbued max HML on it:
DI 40%, HML 87%

3. You imbued max SSI on it:
DI 40%, HML 67%, SSI 30%

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mephitis is not hard.
So you use mace weapon or with hit fatigue.
Now stamina dawn falls quickly hit fatigue 50% than mace weapon.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
HML value will be adjusted to new SSI value.

For example,

1. You crafted an exceptional longsword:
DI 40%

2. You imbued max HML on it:
DI 40%, HML 87%

3. You imbued max SSI on it:
DI 40%, HML 67%, SSI 30%
Thanks for the awesome explaination as always :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only faction arty I was using was the faction crimmy. I throw on a shield with dex/stam increase and 10 ssi to counter that loss.

I was thinking about re-doing the suit, but after doing a few champs and helping with a harry I think I'll just leave it as it is.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only faction arty I was using was the faction crimmy. I throw on a shield with dex/stam increase and 10 ssi to counter that loss.

I was thinking about re-doing the suit, but after doing a few champs and helping with a harry I think I'll just leave it as it is.
I thought you had faction M&S glasses, but even so those only add 10 DI.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have reg mace and shield on. Yes parry chance is gone but it doesn't really matter.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry really doesn't matter that much, except maybe on some bosses or when, like me, you pull half or more of the spawn to kill at once- or you like to stand at the alter when poping the 4th level of Rikktor spawn in Ish and get multiple paragon dragons.

Kurik

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering why more people aren't using plate mail armor. You don't need stamina leech on your weapons. Only time you lose stamina, is when your health drops really low. Which in most of spawns or bosses is never. And then you just carry few refresh pots with you and your fine.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm wondering why more people aren't using plate mail armor. You don't need stamina leech on your weapons. Only time you lose stamina, is when your health drops really low. Which in most of spawns or bosses is never. And then you just carry few refresh pots with you and your fine.
Try to kill Slasher or Shimmering Effusion without stamina leach...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do use plate armor... actually, I've been using it since before the change.
http://stratics.com/community/threads/sampire-in-plate.240565/
http://stratics.com/community/threads/sampire-in-plate-2.253546/
http://stratics.com/community/threads/sampire-in-plate-3.260321/

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use plate armor too but i also use stamina leech weapons. (Since i only use 2h weapons im always at max sl).

As corwin said hard hitting monster are really a pain without hsl, even with metal armor.

But its right against spawn its not needed if you wear metal armor