• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

R

rscozz

Na.. just some cursed soul charge 30% shield i picked up while farming shame. Don't really need to parry because they don't hit very hard, and little bit of extra mana when I have 3 unlucky no leech swings so I can keep doing the AIs.
Wow, how long do you have to stay with UO in order to get the Stat to 300+?

I see yr Str 150, Dex 150, Int 50, this is total 300 way over the cap 255??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no sticky love Stratics?

The best person I know of to write sticky type guides for warriors is way too volatile to handle mod duties on Stratics, but if he'd care to make the threads and send me a pm I'll be delighted to sticky them.
:lick:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can dig the 300 skill bonus to mana cost deal. I always ran high parry with my bushido guy.

Anyone weigh in on using a shield with their sampire?

I've got some cool shields with good stat mods and ssi I'd love to use for fighting bosses. I apparently works in the video no problem, and with the right weapons, and dci/hci/hla I'm sure it's dooable.. anyone?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can dig the 300 skill bonus to mana cost deal. I always ran high parry with my bushido guy.

Anyone weigh in on using a shield with their sampire?

I've got some cool shields with good stat mods and ssi I'd love to use for fighting bosses. I apparently works in the video no problem, and with the right weapons, and dci/hci/hla I'm sure it's dooable.. anyone?
I use one with a standard [old style sammy] template and use a shiled i picked up in shame to spam AI with a braod sword [as shield has major mana inc/regen/int bonus so i can spam with 12LMC] when in group fights. It neglects your dci or Parry but if your not getting hit it doent matter :D

I do use it solo sometimes if im wanting to kill it fast but take more hits that can lower my ssi if i miss miss, but i use a double axe when i have more than 2 of them on me for my defence/parry so i hit for 40 less a swing but i make up for it by being able to spam wirlwind or double strike OR not have to touch the key board till its dead ;)

AS apposed to spam ai on a shared kill to get max DI in.

Thunderz

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your fighting EVs use the shield. You may not parry but who cares. That being said in situations where you need to parry drop that shield because your parry chance is terrible with it.

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Lynk: Can you post the setup for your more economical way to build the sampire using Spirit of the Totem and imbued armor? I'm a returning player from when Trammel got introduced to the game, so most of the more expensive equipment between then and now that I can't quickly farm for myself is beyond my budget. Something like this would really help me out. Thank you.

V

Vega13

im glad i found this post this template seems much more usable than the one i was told to use but one of my biggest problems with the one im using now is getting paralyzed i stop swinging then get triple flame struck and almost death most of the time..
you dont have that problem not running resist?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one of my biggest problems with the one im using now is getting paralyzed i stop swinging then get triple flame struck and almost death most of the time..
you dont have that problem not running resist?
If I get parad I pop a trapped box and AI right away. Of course, if there is more than 1 mob on me I'm usually whirlwinding.

I've never had a problem with resist, except for harrowers and his blood oaths when I 1 shot kill myself if an apple fails.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I get parad I pop a trapped box and AI right away. Of course, if there is more than 1 mob on me I'm usually whirlwinding.

I've never had a problem with resist, except for harrowers and his blood oaths when I 1 shot kill myself if an apple fails.
This is very true. I also have run into issues if I can't get the apple to work on a Dark Father as well other then that its not much of an issue for me.

V

Vega13

haha big brain fart on my part i dont know why i didnt think of carrying a trapped box i use them on all my pvp toons.. lol
and thanks again for sharing the template with us!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What could you say about suit I have just crafted?

Stats without potions (without weapon/shield):
150 STR, 130 DEX, 30 INT
150 hp, 170 stam, 90 mana
70/95/70/70/75 resists
45 HCI, 45 DCI, 70 DI
40 LMC
5 SSI
few regens and lrc
744 skill points (+24 from suit)

p.s. no faction items

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice can you post more details?

What could you say about suit I have just crafted?

Stats without potions (without weapon/shield):
150 STR, 130 DEX, 30 INT
150 hp, 170 stam, 90 mana
70/95/70/70/75 resists
45 HCI, 45 DCI, 70 DI
40 LMC
5 SSI
few regens and lrc
744 skill points (+24 from suit)

p.s. no faction items

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The main part of the suit is five woodland armor pieces:
40 MI
40 SI
34 LMC
12 HPI
30 DI
10 HCI
51/90/62/70/73

p.s. For example, Lynk's pieces have the same stats and 9 less resists:
54/85/60/72/66

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main part of the suit is five woodland armor pieces:
40 MI
40 SI
34 LMC
12 HPI
30 DI
10 HCI
51/90/62/70/73

p.s. For example, Lynk's pieces have the same stats and 9 less resists:
54/85/60/72/66
The woodland armor I understand, I've made an imbued/enhanced suit myself. What do your jewels look like and which tally or other items are you using? My suit has 97 DI built in with 40 DCI/HCI, 40 LMC, DEX 143/Stam 184, STR 150/HP 140, INT 24/Mana 80 with no skill bonuses. I know I could drop one of my DI armor pieces to get 5 more HCI, and I can swap out my conjurers for slither and pick up hit points and DCI but lose HCI.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have 55 stat points (str/dex/int) from armor / jewelry?

You already said you use 5 heartwood. where are all the stat points coming from then exactly?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You have 55 stat points (str/dex/int) from armor / jewelry?

You already said you use 5 heartwood. where are all the stat points coming from then exactly?
20 from helm
16 from jewels
19 from other slots (boots, robe, apron, sash)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How long do potion buffs last for an elf with 50 EP and 0 Alchemy?

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
20 from helm
16 from jewels
19 from other slots (boots, robe, apron, sash)
He must be using Spirit of the Totem (+20 STR) instead of Mace & Shield Glasses. I think I'd sacrifice the 5 Stat point increase for the HLD.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on what you have / what else you could have in those slots.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What else would anyone want on their jewels besides EP? I love having the EP. I use 1 handers so not an issue to chug, no equip/unequip. 3 minutes with +60 stat point, totally worth it for how cheap potions are to make.

Also don't forget about the 40 pt heal pots.

The extra stats allow for a ridiculous amount of mana, so I can get a few unlucky leech swings and still AI every time.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swap out jewels. EC even has a macro for this and I feel fairly sure that so does assist.
I think they did away with the swapping in a patch way back. I remember equiping all my EP stuff and having like 6 or 7 minutes of buffs after removing the items. The patch was supposed to keep us from doing that.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What else would anyone want on their jewels besides EP? I love having the EP. I use 1 handers so not an issue to chug, no equip/unequip. 3 minutes with +72 stat point, totally worth it for how cheap potions are to make.

Also don't forget about the 40 pt heal pots.

The extra stats allow for a ridiculous amount of mana, so I can get a few unlucky leech swings and still AI every time.
I really should do it- but I've been lazy, and since my WW weapon on my main Sampire is a kama.....

Once I finish my female swords sampire, she'll probably chug pots.

Z

Zluka

How do you get over 180 stamina without potions, or are screenshot stats taken after drinking a bunch of them?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent the better part of last night in an attempt to get even CLOSE to the suit you made. All I can say is that it must have cost a FORTUNE to build....

Would you venture a guess at how many million you have in the Woodland armor alone?

:popcorn:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent the better part of last night in an attempt to get even CLOSE to the suit you made. All I can say is that it must have cost a FORTUNE to build....

Would you venture a guess at how many million you have in the Woodland armor alone?

:popcorn:
Wasn't that bad really. I farmed up the essence and ingredients needed. I paid IRL cash for the forge tools. I guess if I had to put a gold value to everything... maybe 60 mil?

Most of the cost was actually in fort powder.. I made my suit on GL so I had to buy a ton of it.

And I actually use those armor pieces that enhanced to something other than HCI or DI. I had a lot of left over DI pieces that I got when I needed HCI pieces, and I sold them for about 30 mil in total.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the cost was actually in fort powder.. And I actually use those armor pieces that enhanced to something other than HCI or DI. I had a lot of left over DI pieces that I got when I needed HCI pieces, and I sold them for about 30 mil in total.
Yes, that's what I was wondering about. And you no-doubt used a Heartland Runic saw to create each piece. Last night I used all 15 uses of a runic saw, and got 1 piece that didn't have (for me) useless properties. Then when I think that I would need/want to use powder on this piece before the imbuing, which means the best part of 2 vials per piece for that. Plus the imbuing ingredients which is some serious gold there... Only to roll the dice on the final enhancement and get really, really lucky and get HCI or DI... Geez, that is one very expensive suit...

But one very awesome armor set for a Sampire... Nice job, Lynk... very nice.

:thumbup1:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't see a sence to use runic.

You need over 10k bark fragments if you want get needed resists with 5 imbues.
You need up to 5k bark fragmets if you want get needed resists with 7 imbues (like Lynk did).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I did not use heartwood runic kits.

I crafted just regular wood pieces until I got base resists spread the proper way, then imbued, then enhanced with heartwood.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see a sence to use runic.

You need up to 5k bark fragmets if you want get needed resists with 7 imbues (like Lynk did).
What?

I only used 5 imbue slots for resists. Count 'em again. All of the pieces had 1 resist imbued, except for the legs which had 2 resists imbued.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
arms: 3 mod 74 res = 2 imbue
legs: 3 mod 71 res = 2 imbue
3 other items: 4 mod 64 res = 1 imbue * 3

total 7 imbue slots

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's what I was wondering about. And you no-doubt used a Heartland Runic saw to create each piece. Last night I used all 15 uses of a runic saw, and got 1 piece that didn't have (for me) useless properties. Then when I think that I would need/want to use powder on this piece before the imbuing, which means the best part of 2 vials per piece for that. Plus the imbuing ingredients which is some serious gold there... Only to roll the dice on the final enhancement and get really, really lucky and get HCI or DI... Geez, that is one very expensive suit...

But one very awesome armor set for a Sampire... Nice job, Lynk... very nice.

:thumbup1:
It really is not as expensive as you would think, unless you are in a hurry and want it done in a day. The hardest part for me is the ring, im still working on it (but i have alot of ingots to show for it). Also I have a lot of nice replacement piesce I can use or use on other chars. It is the best suit I have made so far, maximizes all avialible mods and frees up space on jewels/wep. I was never a big fan of pots (especially when they increased the weight) but gave the EP a shot and now I am sold on it. For a Chain AI sampire it is the only way to get a huge mana pool withou sacraficing hp or stam. I have a set of jewels I can swap out and get me back to my original stats for hunting other mobs.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make a very good sampire suit and it won't cost THAT much. What cost is when you try to max out everything.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
arms: 3 mod 74 res = 2 imbue
legs: 3 mod 71 res = 2 imbue
3 other items: 4 mod 64 res = 1 imbue * 3

total 7 imbue slots

Yea, I missed the sleeves, they weren't next to the other pieces.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk,
It is painfully slow farming up the crystals for the damage increase on my jewels, the cavern and lumberjacking are dreadful... Any tips?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you on the crystals. I haven't tried LJ for them, but generally get one or two per trip to the cavern. My current dearth of crystals is preventing me from outfitting my favorite mage with a new suit. I have two suggestions for you:

1. Buy them. You won't be wasting imbues on jewels that don't enhance to the right property
2. Shame looted jewelry. There is lots of good stuff for dexers. Sell any splintering weapons or non-needed loot that can be moved to offset the cost of #1.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorbs,
You have a good point, money is not an issue with me, however, the main problem lies in the fact that I am not only cheap, but impatient=Pirate!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk,
It is painfully slow farming up the crystals for the damage increase on my jewels, the cavern and lumberjacking are dreadful... Any tips?
The crystals in the labyrinth?

I just take my sampire in crap armor, equip a demon slayer with Whirlwind and go to town. Usually end up killing them so fast, I can't loot all the bodies.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crystals in the labyrinth?
I think those don't work for damage increase imbuing, I know those work for gorgon lenses. The one's I'm talking about come from cavern of the discarded and lumberjacking rarely from what I've read. Anyone?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think those don't work for damage increase imbuing, I know those work for gorgon lenses. The one's I'm talking about come from cavern of the discarded and lumberjacking rarely from what I've read. Anyone?
They do.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do.
Just tried to imbue damage increase with the crystal shards obtained from killing crystal deamons, and it does not work.
Yeah, I was mistaken- I'll chalk it up to me really haven't played since before thanksgiving. ;)