• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried to imbue damage increase with the crystal shards obtained from killing crystal deamons, and it does not work.
Try taking your LJ out with a high luck suit. Also the areas where the tougher mobs spawn in ter mur seem to be better (at least for me). I usually get 2-3 per full beetle

Z

Zannette

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of making a suite for my Samy and I have a quick question about artifacts.

So far the only artifacts i will use for sure is Mace and Shield Glasses.

My question is if Jackal's Collar or Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker are worth including or should I just stick to Woodland Armor?

Thank you,
Z

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone from
Europa shard making sampler armour sets? Minus artis but can work them into suit? Paying gold obviously.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
My question is if Jackal's Collar or Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker are worth including or should I just stick to Woodland Armor?

Thank you,
Z
Jackal's Collar is too bad but you can add gladiator's collar.
You can add Tinker's legs.

BUT every artifact means 8 less mana and 8 less stamina and not enough pieces for imbuing 40 lmc (34 if you use mana orb) on a suit.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of making a suite for my Samy and I have a quick question about artifacts.

So far the only artifacts i will use for sure is Mace and Shield Glasses.

Thank you,
Z
For me, it would depend on the weapons you plan to use and the rest of your equipment. If you don't use tinker legs, can you get the SSI elsewhere. Jackal's Collar... I wouldn't use.

Z

Zannette

Thank you guys,
I hope with a new dungeons getting revamped I hope to get 10% SSI on a bracelet I could use instead of Tinker Legs which could possibly save 40 mil or so to go towards the suit.

I am hoping that if I can fit +20 SSI on a suit that would give me 1.25 swing with Ornate or Longsword even if my Stamina drops below 180

Z

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
BTW the last sampire suit I have crafted had:
5 armor pieces (except helm):
40 MI
40 SI
15 HPI
40 LMC
Atleast 45/85/60/60/65 resists (all max with Mace&Shield glasses or faction Spirit of the Totem).
255 durability
15 HCI
20 DI

Since I used only 5 mods to imbue resists my armor has additional mods:
+ 6 lmc, so you needn't to use Mana Phasing Orb (for example, fraction Primer gives you more hci/di)
+ 3 hpi, so you needn't to use Shroud of the Condemned (for example, Cloak of Power gives you more stat points)

The total suit had about the same stats (150 hp, 185 stam, 120 mana, +12 skill) without using faction artifacts and without SSI ring (Ranger's cloak for SSI).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Thank you guys,
I hope with a new dungeons getting revamped I hope to get 10% SSI on a bracelet I could use instead of Tinker Legs which could possibly save 40 mil or so to go towards the suit.

I am hoping that if I can fit +20 SSI on a suit that would give me 1.25 swing with Ornate or Longsword even if my Stamina drops below 180

Z
You need 25 SSI on your suit to get max speed with longsword (30 SSI) and 150 stamina.

Ornate Axe hasn't useful specials so I believe even Broadsword has more dps (with AI).

Z

Zannette

You need 25 SSI on your suit to get max speed with longsword (30 SSI) and 150 stamina.

Ornate Axe hasn't useful specials so I believe even Broadsword has more dps (with AI).
You are right. I must have messed somewhere in my calculation. This means that i will need Tinker Legs which might make a suit bit harder to make as i can only imbue 6 pieces including jewelry.

I will wait until reforging comes out to see what i can get from it.

Z

Zannette

Hi Lynk,
In the video you posted killing the Vortex you are wearing a shield. Doesn't wearing a shield with Bushido lower your parry chance?

What am I missing?

Z

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wear the shield because it has soul charge and SSI.

Every time I get hit, I get back like 3 or so mana. It helps with the chain AIs. They don't hit me very hard, so I don't care if it hits me every swing. The more it hits me the more mana I get.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wear the shield because it has soul charge and SSI.

Every time I get hit, I get back like 3 or so mana. It helps with the chain AIs. They don't hit me very hard, so I don't care if it hits me every swing. The more it hits me the more mana I get.
I am thinking about going full time to using a shield, with an exception being like Rikktor or something similar.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Link,

I have the necessary Gargoyle Imbuer and would love to know exactly how you made this...

Could you post the steps you took, please?

:bowdown:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Weird question... As any other item - craft, pof, imbue. What is the problem?

1. Craft exceptional sword.
2. POF to 255 dur.
3. Imbue 1 DI
4. Imbue Super Slayer
5. Imbue SSI
6. Imbue 30 DI
7. Imbue max HML (62 HML)
8. Imbue 44 HSL

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No... and my parry is 120, atm.
For those missing it, you don't need the benefit of parry reducing your damage in a lot of fights. It's biggest value is the special move mana count discount. You also benefit from having a bushido + parry in that your soul charge shield does not lose durability. For certain fights, they want the parry to help protect against some big bursts of damage and value that over the extra mana from the soul charge shield.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those missing it, you don't need the benefit of parry reducing your damage in a lot of fights. It's biggest value is the special move mana count discount. You also benefit from having a bushido + parry in that your soul charge shield does not lose durability. For certain fights, they want the parry to help protect against some big bursts of damage and value that over the extra mana from the soul charge shield.
This...

And I use a hot key to unequip the shield and pop Evasion when needed.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird question... As any other item - craft, pof, imbue. What is the problem?

1. Craft exceptional sword.
2. POF to 255 dur.
3. Imbue 1 DI
4. Imbue Super Slayer
5. Imbue SSI
6. Imbue 30 DI
7. Imbue max HML (62 HML)
8. Imbue 44 HSL
Isn't that a total of 6 Imbue's you're showing here? I'm under the impression that only 5 Imbue's are possible, is that incorrect?

:eek:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that a total of 6 Imbue's you're showing here? I'm under the impression that only 5 Imbue's are possible, is that incorrect?

Limit to 5 properties, but you can imbue more than 5 times.

The weapon is exceptional, so it comes with 45 DI. Taking it down to 1 DI doesn't take an extra mod slot.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Limit to 5 properties, but you can imbue more than 5 times.

The weapon is exceptional, so it comes with 45 DI. Taking it down to 1 DI doesn't take an extra mod slot.
Ok, thx Lynk... But the image of yours that I'm referring to shows DI 30 (post 217 this thread), so why would I take it down to 1? Did you take it from 45 down to 30 to allow for the other mods?

Sorry for the probably dumb questions, but just trying to learn more regarding imbuing...

Z

Zannette

Hi guys and girls,
I would like to confirm if mana discount for having 300 skill points in swords, bushido and parry includes skill from jewelry in the calculation.

Thank you,
Z

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, thx Lynk... But the image of yours that I'm referring to shows DI 30 (post 217 this thread), so why would I take it down to 1? Did you take it from 45 down to 30 to allow for the other mods?

Sorry for the probably dumb questions, but just trying to learn more regarding imbuing...

This is to ensure you do not fail any imbues with relic frags. Your imbuing success depends on your skill and the total property intensity. So if you imbue the DI to 1 you only have 2/500 intensity. Then you add the super slayer which brings you to 132/500. And then the SSI which brings you to 242/500. That way you are assured all of your imbues with relic frags succeed. Then do your imbues with enchanted essence and finally magic residue. So then putting DI to 30 brings you to 302/500. Then 44 HSL brings you to 390/500. And finally 50 HML (which adjusts based on base weapon speed and weapon SSI) brings you to 500/500. One thing I do is imbue HSL before HML because HSL uses diamonds which cost more per gem.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is to ensure you do not fail any imbues with relic frags. Your imbuing success depends on your skill and the total property intensity. So if you imbue the DI to 1 you only have 2/500 intensity. Then you add the super slayer which brings you to 132/500. And then the SSI which brings you to 242/500. That way you are assured all of your imbues with relic frags succeed. Then do your imbues with enchanted essence and finally magic residue. So then putting DI to 30 brings you to 302/500. Then 44 HSL brings you to 390/500. And finally 50 HML (which adjusts based on base weapon speed and weapon SSI) brings you to 500/500. One thing I do is imbue HSL before HML because HSL uses diamonds which cost more per gem.
Outstanding! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for... I'm still learning about weight vs intensity and you really cleared things up for me... Thank you SO much for taking the time to explain... I'm grateful.

:)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so anyone who may be interested in getting a sampire setup on Europa CorwinXX/Made in USSR made me an awesome suit for my budget. Been using it since last night and although it's nothing like the 100mill stuff with max all properties it's serving me brilliantly. I'm in dire need of a +25 statscroll and a faction crimson to finish it off and I'm well happy so contact him if you need something he's bang on it.

I'll post my suit/skill/stats later! :)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
31 DCI
51 HCI
64 DI (without wep)
40 EP
17 Dex Increase
20 Str Increase
15 RPD
4 HPR
29 HPI
40 MI + 5 Int bonus
40 SI
40LMC

Swordsmanship 120.0 120.0
Tactics 110.0 110.0
Anatomy 100.0 100.0
Bushido 100.0 100.0
Necromancy 100.0 100.0
Parrying 100.0 100.0
Chivalry 80.5 80.5
Str 113 113
Dex 122 122
Int 70 70

Stats before pots. Currenty raising Chiv to 90.0.

Stats with pots in pic -

As i said, its not perfect, but it definitely does the job! i can nearly chain AI the EVs in shame. I just need a few more weps but as i have no imbuer i have to pay for them.

I did consider raising my wep skills some more and dropping parry but i do like using the counter attack technique as it does double up my AI's occasionally which is nice. Enjoying this char!

If anyone has any suggestions as per stats and skills please let me know. :)

(bear in mind this suit has cost me about 12mill maximum i think, seemingly budget compared to most) :)

K

kleos

would anyone consider using a whetstone to drop DI completely? You would get 5 slots and 500 points to play with, is there something you would take over DI?

For instance if you go slayer w/ talisman the DI on weapon is wasted, no?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would anyone consider using a whetstone to drop DI completely? You would get 5 slots and 500 points to play with, is there something you would take over DI?

I already use Weapons with no/little DI on them on my main sampire. And once I start having to craft more, I will be using the whetstone on them.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have a suit with 100 Di on it (on jewels as well obviously), max HCI/DCI, max LMC, +30 stamina increase, 10 SSI on suit (25 if I use shield and cloak which gets me to 55 SSI) enough Dex and Str to get me to 120 and 50 EP to get me to 150 in both with pots. resists are full as well with fire being around 100.
This suit was VERY expensive to build but I think it was worth it.
I am using the whetstones and you can make some incredible weapons with all 5 mods available.
The drawback is that you need to use pots really, but once you get used to it, it is no big deal.

I am starting to use the shield in most cases as well. Unless I really depend on pots during the fight. Since it never gets damaged, you can use almost everything from shame. I am using a shield with 10 SSI, HCI and DI (both not really needed), Soul Charge, eater, FC 1 and some stats. It is brittle/cannot be repaired but not cursed. And thats the only important thing really.

Tbh, I don´t notice much difference in how often I get hit when using the shield. My parry is at 60 though...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 100 DI on my main sampire's suit and he doesn't use pots.
Well, you don´t have to of course, but there is a lot of nice things you can add if you do use pots and therefore don´t go 150 STR/DEX natural (especially if you don´t want to go faction)
With Pots I have 150/150/95 (which is enough mana to chain AIs against most things if you have max LMC and the mana reduction from 300 points)

rinzana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi Lynk,

Could you post Resistless Nub's base stats with the suit and pots? I'd like to see where you are starting at.

Thanks,
Rinzana

S

Sinister Dexter

Why no one using a Longsword? It's much more damage, disarm to drink agi\str isn't a big deal.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a long sword sampire, but even in playing her for the past couple of months, I honestly prefer my fencing sampire for most fights.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All boils down to preference. I like my long sword and I like my hatchet.

Still haven't made the Hammer Pick max SSI version.. but I'm sure I'd like that too.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten a set of clean 100% elemental damage hammer picks... I was thinking of using an SSI shield and testing it out.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The long sword and hatchet are nice. I do prefer the fencing just for feint to be honest. But that still works out. It really is opinion.

S

Sinister Dexter

The long sword and hatchet are nice. I do prefer the fencing just for feint to be honest. But that still works out. It really is opinion.
I guess feint has no use, only useful on really hard fight something like slasher of veils. all other bosses not even do enough dmg.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rikktor and other times when you don't seem to leach anything and need an extra swing or two.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or anytime your getting really swarmed. Its a great special its just completely dependent on having really good timing and an almost 6th sense of knowing when to throw it.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, being able to block/dodge spells, dragons breath is helpful when you are surrounded. :D

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
All boils down to preference. I like my long sword and I like my hatchet.

Still haven't made the Hammer Pick max SSI version.. but I'm sure I'd like that too.
Lynk,

My question though is with you just barely being able to swing at the max of 1.25 with full stamina and 35% SSI. Don't you find yourself swinging around 1.5 or 1.75 the majority of the time due to the fact that even the slightest amount of stamina lost from taking a hit is going to drop you into the 1.5-1.75 category?

I guess I'm asking because I debated using a broad or long sword on my sampire, but I've been sticking with my Katanas simply due to the fact that even at 145 stamina and no SSI, I can swing at max. I run 174 stamina and most of my weapons have 25% SSI so even if I take a huge 40-60 point drop in stamina from damage I'm still able to swing at 1.25. Plus there's the added bonus that if I want to forgo even putting SSI on a weapon that leaves me with room for another property and at 174 stamina I'm still far enough over the 1.25 swing cap that I can take a hit on my stamina and still keep swinging at the cap.

It may just be my opinion, but given some of the fights I have, most of the time my stamina is up and down alot based on my taking damage and then leeching it back, but the majority of the time I'm not always at full stamina, especially after taking a hit.

And yeah I realize that a katana has a lower base damage, but I guess I'm working on the idea that no matter what I'm always swinging at max, which means I'm leeching and damaging as fast as possible, maybe not for as large an amount as say someone with a higher base damage weapon, but unlike those slower weapons that I'm guessing are frequently not being swung at the max speed, I figure my leeches are constant at 1.25. Maybe I'm wrong though, which is why I ask. :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much do you hit for? I hit for 189, so I leech back a lot more than a katana would.

As for stam.. I don't really find myself swinging that slow. Every time I connect I have a 50% chance of leeching back to full. I also chug a lot of TRs, worst comes to worse I can divine fury.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How much do you hit for? I hit for 189, so I leech back a lot more than a katana would.

As for stam.. I don't really find myself swinging that slow. Every time I connect I have a 50% chance of leeching back to full. I also chug a lot of TRs, worst comes to worse I can divine fury.
I assume your 189 is an AI with max damage increase/EoO/Perfection? If so my AI's hit for 150ish (I'd have to go check the exact #).

I'm certainly not questioning your build or anything, but given the last part of your reply, it would appear that there are times when you're in fact dropping below 180 stamina and thus no longer swinging at the cap, even if it's only for a couple of swings. I'm just trying to decide if switching to a higher base damage weapon is worth the possibility of not always swinging at max.

I'm actually thinking a bladed staff might be a good choice, but trial and error you know :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I did a live tests (45/45, 5 ssi, 155 max stamina) vs UEV :)
A katana with HLA is better than a broadsword with 30 ssi
A broadsword with 30 ssi and HLA (no slayer) is better than a katana with HLA

broadsword with 155 max stamina has the same swing speed as a longsword 185 max stamina
the more heavy weapon is usually better because it has more HML for the same intensity, so you can AI more often

I believe to get the best results with 1H weapon you need 15 ssi on your suit (or DF) and a longsword 20% SSI, 100% HML, 40 HSL, 30 DI, SuperSlayer.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah don't get me wrong. I totally agree that a heavy hitting weapon swung at max swing speed is the way to go since it will obviously hit for the most damage while also leeching the most. As I've said though, it just seems that when you're just barely able to swing at max speed at full stamina, any slight drop in stamina from taking damage is going to drop you into the 1.5-1.75 swing speed. Which seems to be the case when using a long sword.

I believe to get the best results with 1H weapon you need 15 ssi on your suit (or DF) and a longsword 20% SSI, 100% HML, 40 HSL, 30 DI, SuperSlayer.
Is it possible to get 100% HML? That would be to nice!!