• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Dear Toon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZippyW

Dear Toon in CEO last night... you know who you are. I rarely stink anyone, but YOU certainly caught it from me. The ENTIRE battle, you stood next to the conveyor belts, keeping your laffs above 100, and NEVER LEFT ONCE. Never hit a golf ball, never went near a table. Are you proud of your suit size, even though you haven't done a thing to earn it? Is that all it is about? Well, I made note of your name and look, and I will NEVER get on an elevator with you again. And when I met up with you in the playground, I stunk you until you finally left. It will happen EVERY time I meet you!! :loser:

F

Fangs McWolf

Dear Toon in CEO last night... you know who you are. I rarely stink anyone, but YOU certainly caught it from me. The ENTIRE battle, you stood next to the conveyor belts, keeping your laffs above 100, and NEVER LEFT ONCE. Never hit a golf ball, never went near a table. Are you proud of your suit size, even though you haven't done a thing to earn it? Is that all it is about? Well, I made note of your name and look, and I will NEVER get on an elevator with you again. And when I met up with you in the playground, I stunk you until you finally left. It will happen EVERY time I meet you!! :loser:
For all you know, it could have been someone that was playing another toon in the battle at the same time. There are times when someone will play 2 toons at once, either to promote both at the same time or because it will give enough players or they want to have a back up player in case things go bad. I wasn't there so I can't say for certain if it's a good possibility or not (you can sometimes tell but sometimes it's harder to know).

What I'd recommend is the next time you see that player in the CEO behaving the same way, keep track of everyone else in the battle. After you've been on a couple of CEO's and compared names, if you notice no one else that seems to be there during the same runs, then yeah, good possibility that it's a free loader. If that's the case then after so many runs, they'll find it hard to load with anyone because people won't want to play with them.

In short though, I would recommend that you don't continue to stink them after last night. They could click that report button and if TT takes action on it, you'll be the one in trouble, not them.

Z

ZippyW

If you can't PLAY two toons at the same time, then they shouldn't BE there. :scholar: It STINKS to stick a toon in a battle and not PLAY them, just to get the suit level or to have a back up toon. How can it be doing the rest of the toons a favor by loading a toon who isn't going to play anyway. I'm not the least bit concerned about some report to TT. I have absolutely NO respect for the argument of "I'm playing 2 toons at the same time, so do me a favor and don't expect me to play at the same level as anyone else." I don't owe anyone any favors. I won't see that player behaving the same way, because I'm not going with them again. :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

F

Fangs McWolf

If you can't PLAY two toons at the same time, then they shouldn't BE there. :scholar: It STINKS to stick a toon in a battle and not PLAY them, just to get the suit level or to have a back up toon. How can it be doing the rest of the toons a favor by loading a toon who isn't going to play anyway. I'm not the least bit concerned about some report to TT. I have absolutely NO respect for the argument of "I'm playing 2 toons at the same time, so do me a favor and don't expect me to play at the same level as anyone else." I don't owe anyone any favors. I won't see that player behaving the same way, because I'm not going with them again. :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:
My point is that it could have been one person playing 2 toons, instead of one person just taking a free ride. I know someone who will sometimes take a second toon into CFO. Those of us going in know who it is and all (instead of subjecting randoms to it), but during the crane round, her 2nd toon sits off to the side. I don't mind her doing that because it helped during the cog round and she only does it if there's an open spot in the group.

Don't get me wrong, doing it with randoms isn't a good idea, because it can cause harsh feelings. I'm also not saying you were wrong to stink them for it or anything like that. Just giving a different perspective to consider and trying to discourage you from getting yourself into trouble when it's not worth it.

S

Squeaker

Reason prevails again! I have to agree with Wolfie (did anyone doubt it?)... When dealing with randoms, you can never assume anything unless they tell you about it! And they can be nasty when they want to be.

I was very angry with a toon just a short while ago. Kept saying he didn't have lure until he ran out of TNT. Was I mad? Yes. Did I stink him? A tiny bit... The point is, that's over and I couldn't tell you his name anymore. If a toon is ever nasty often enough for me to remember their name, I just won't play with that toon anymore. I still don't know why they're nasty, could be anything. May be a child that doesn't know any better. Could be something even worse.

I won't ruin my playtime with toons I don't like, but I won't ruin theirs on purpose either.

Z

ZippyW

I understood that you were saying that some people take in two toons just to get a suit promotion, and they leave them standing on the side. My question is in what way does that benefit the team?? They are taking up the space of a toon who would actually be PLAYING the game. What if half the people there did that? I don't see how there is any pride in gaining suit levels when you didn't actually play, just stood there. If a toon comes in and just stands there, and I dont care WHY, they stink as a TEAM player. And I don't care if it is a random or someone I know. If you are going to play two toons, then PLAY them. JMO.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or at least don't take all of the snacks to keep yourself over 100. I'd have more issue with this than the doing nothing part.

S

SSniffleslam

Personally, I don't have a problem with someone playing two toons at once, I do it myself upon occasion, but I wouldn't bring two toons into the CEO fight unless I had several TU unites and was willing to use them, it's just too difficult to do two in that particular fight. The CFO and VP, no problem - but the CJ and CEO would be too difficult (at least for me) to try to run two. And even if you are running two, there's absolutely no reason to sit parked at the conveyor belt. Go hide by the entrance or one of the back corners and be willing to share your TU unites if you feel the need to run two. Savanna's toon went sad the other night from someone parking themselves at the conveyor belt to keep over 100 laff. I think that's just a little rude and selfish myself. On a side note, I doubt TT would suspend anyone for using the stinky phrases - they approved them and they're in speedchat. If you could get in trouble over that, then they shouldn't be there.

F

Flippers

Sorry Wolfie. The people I know who play double toons in the CFO stomp for themselves. They never keep one idle. Freeloading is freeloading in many of these battles.

R

rainwatercat

My point is that it could have been one person playing 2 toons, instead of one person just taking a free ride. I know someone who will sometimes take a second toon into CFO. Those of us going in know who it is and all (instead of subjecting randoms to it), but during the crane round, her 2nd toon sits off to the side. I don't mind her doing that because it helped during the cog round and she only does it if there's an open spot in the group.

Don't get me wrong, doing it with randoms isn't a good idea, because it can cause harsh feelings. I'm also not saying you were wrong to stink them for it or anything like that. Just giving a different perspective to consider and trying to discourage you from getting yourself into trouble when it's not worth it.
i completely understand your feelings. the only time i double toon in a big boss battle is with all friends when they just need an extra body to help with the cogs...otherwise i don't and i only do it in the VP...never anywhere else. i agree that unless you are with a really awesome team, having a toon just sitting there can be hard (which is why i don't do it in the cfo, cj, or ceo).

however, i see no problem multi-tooning in factories, mints, da offices, or cog golf courses, because the danger level isn't anywhere near as high.

L

Little Sadie

I agree about both toons fighting even if it is just one person playing them. If you are going to bring two toons to battle then by golly BATTLE! Don't just stand there parked in a corner when the real fight begins. Anyone can take two toons into a CEO or VP or whatever and get through a cog round. Takes someone with real ability to take both toons to the harder battles that comes after. I have been in the CEO with quite a few players that take two toons in. Both toons always have their own tables and squirt along with the rest of the toons there.

The only time I don't think the second toon needs to help in the actual battle is if the reason they are there is for an extra body during the cog round. I've also gone with with groups that bring in a second toon to only help with the cog round because we are short a person. In that case I think it's great. If you are only there to give yourself two promotions while only playing one toon then that isn't right.

There was a couple of really great players that could play two toons in the CEO and battle the whole time. Unfortunately, they no longer play TT. As long as you go in with friends that agree, then anything goes. Just don't expect to do it with randoms. It really isn't fair to them to have one toon just hugging a wall or snack bar while the rest do the work.

M

Monkeybear

Dear brown duck and orange mouse thanks for joining out mint and battles just to join in our battles without using gags and letting us go sad.

S

Steveo

Dear ugly cat
Instead of going around asking to use the crane why dont you stomp goons. We got the CFO red and then I got knocked off the crane and before i could get back on you were there. Dont you understand that when people are on the crane you dont go and steal it. Even though the battle was almost over I dont apperciate you stealing a crane plus stinking everyone. So you got reported by two people andI hope that you get suspended and I will never load on the elevator with you again.

Z

ZippyW

I guess I've been guilty of "stealing" a crane before. If I'm in the CFO battle and I see an empty crane, I am likely to get on it. I don't see much point in letting a crane stand empty if someone else could be using it. A lot of times toons will quit the crane and go stomp for a while to build their laffs back up. And if I'm on the crane first and get off, I have absolutely no problem with someone taking it.... I look at it as "move your feet, lose your seat" and go do my part by stomping for them. I really didn't know that is against the rules and something you should be reported for. I thought it was part of team work and that stomping is just as important as craning.

S

Stubby

Well, little rotten mouse, I cannot believe how rude and selfish one can be. We were in the coin mint because after COUNTLESS mints, (i needed 8900) I only needed about 380ish, so I thought I would do a coin and get it over with. (Most of you know I am so bad at mints, so do as little as possible) Well the invasion ended one battle before the end and while I was hitting the barrells before boss fight, you were telling everybody to hurry up, The other two said no and hung back. When got up there, you RAN and triggered the battle. Another toon and I both said no, that we needed more cogbux. You said HA HA. So we all had to go because I think you would have finished the battle without us. We used lure and you used squirt 7, knocking out 2 cogs, the rest of us played with our doodles. You kept throwing pies, and we asked you to stop, we needed more cogbux. You kept on laffing, and I was saying "please", but you managed to wipe them all out. I almost never stink anyone, but boy did you boil my blood. I stunk (or Stinked?) you during the dance and you just said thank you. :cursing::fight::cursing: AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
I think I feel a little better now. Even though I did end up having to do another mint. I helped some little ones in the dollar later. That was fun.:)

L

Little Sadie

I guess I've been guilty of "stealing" a crane before. If I'm in the CFO battle and I see an empty crane, I am likely to get on it. I don't see much point in letting a crane stand empty if someone else could be using it. A lot of times toons will quit the crane and go stomp for a while to build their laffs back up. And if I'm on the crane first and get off, I have absolutely no problem with someone taking it.... I look at it as "move your feet, lose your seat" and go do my part by stomping for them. I really didn't know that is against the rules and something you should be reported for. I thought it was part of team work and that stomping is just as important as craning.
The cat Steveo was talking about did nothing but go up to everyone on all 4 cranes and ask to crane. She did no stomping at all. She was on my side during the cog round and she was terrible. She was a low suit and really didn't even know how to fight the cogs. As soon as we lined up for the cog round she continutely asked if she could crane!

When a craner got bumped off from gears hitting them, this cat would steal their crane. She got mad at all of us, even me who wasn't craning at all and yelled You Stink to everyone of us as we danced. I don't crane but also don't think it is right to grab a crane if someone just hopes off to grab a treasure real quick before getting back to their crane. I certainly don't think it is right to steal a crane when everyone asked her to stomp the goons.

S

Steveo

Okay for one this toon was stinking everyone and being rude that is what they got reported for. Its fine if you get off the crane your self and go and stomp for awhile. Have you ever done a solo CFO before? You learn to do both. I stomp and I crane, when you go with randoms you never know what you are going to face. Some are griefers. Stomping and craning or just as important as the other. Again if you would read my post this cat was going around instead of stomping and asking if they could crane. She got mad and started stinking everyone. If you can crane I dont mind take the crane and I will stomp but dont stand there waiting for someone to get knocked off and still there crane. There is a difference there between teamwork and being selfish. If the cat would have stomped and I left my crane then fine but that was not the case.

Thanks Terri for backing me on this one.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as it stinks to have the crane you're on taken over, it really isn't "your" crane and there is no stealing involved. Yeah I would report them for the reasons Sadie said, but not for the reasons Steveo originally said.

S

Steveo

As much as it stinks to have the crane you're on taken over, it really isn't "your" crane and there is no stealing involved. Yeah I would report them for the reasons Sadie said, but not for the reasons Steveo originally said.
I reported them for being rude not becuase they stole the crane or did nothing through the entire battle. How do i need to spell it out for you guys. I DID NOT REPORT THEM FOR STEALING THE CRANE I REPORTED THEM FOR BEING RUDE AND STINKING EVERYONE. IS THAT A GOOD REASON?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch... step back. Your first post about this didn't state that.

*backs away slowly*

S

Steveo

I guess I did not make it clear in my first post when I said plus stinking everyone. I should have stated that is the reason for getting reported not the craning part.

F

Flippers

Funny I was going to post a related Dear Toon // because it involves the Crane LOL

Seems on Thursday when I was in a CFO during a certain elitist organization's scheduled time, I asked as is not unusual after the cog round if I can crane. A couple other toons did too. Well, as it so happened someone grabbed the crane nearest to me, and running around to see if any were left, I seemed to be one step too late for each one.

As we know, people who dont prefer cranes will hop on a vacant one to help out. You never can tell. So I asked "Can I use the crane" close to the center where the CFO was - in other words to no one in particular. After about 3 seconds I said "This isnt what I'm looking for," shrugged, the proceeded to stomp. No one stole a crane from me so there was no reason to single anyone out; it was obvious whoever was on one wanted to be. No big deal right? The battle was over fairly quickly and that was that.

A day later I got a PM on that other board from one of that org's reps if I knew of an incident where someone couldnt get a crane at my scheduled run. Well I said yeah I couldnt, but I moved on and stomped.

She comes back that someone REPORTED ME - and suggested a number of possible implied actions including namecalling. This is very weird. It would be interesting to know exactly who this was and what they said, since I singled no one out and definitely didn't use any stink menu phrases (which people will often report regardless of context in that group).

Hey if you don't want to run with me, either hang back or violate their rules and bail. Don't waste the time and resources of others. It's bad karma.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I dont think there is any "rule" about "crane rights" but I agree that if someone beats you to a crane, you should leave it alone until they leave it and dont come back soon. Unless they are throwing safes on his head or you have a situation where all the craners stink and you are a good craner, you shouldn't take their crane. It may not belong to them but I think it is rude to take a crane from someone just because you want it!! I have done it unintentionally by stomping too close to an unoccupied one, jumped off and said "sorry". I have also had it happen where I got knocked off and someone who was doing the very same thing jumped on. It was almost over and he threw a safe on his head. He was going from crane to crane begging for one and wouldnt stomp anything. It just stinks but some people are like that. I don't see a problem with asking a general question "May I operate the crane" but chances are if all 4 are taken immediately, everyone wants it!!! You just stomp.

F

Flippers

yeah to a lot of that. there are some circumstances where some snert or curious tyke is on a crane and throwing helmets. The object then becomes imperative to unseat them. Ahh the NR life...

I dont think I said anything wrong and I have a right to whine ;) If I harped on it and didn't do anything to help it would have been something worth reporting. I actually stomped better when the reds came out for some reason :p But they were all good and the battle was short. No complaints about their performance.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yo Yo,

I want to send a big Dear Toon out to...
The Lynksys company, the DeJazz'd ISP, the phone company, the people who made the wires for the power lines, and the people who cut down the trees to make the telephone poles for wasting 80 minutes of my life on this beautiful Sunday afternoon for kicking me out of a BBHQ Back 9 with Mr Jellyroll Kookyzilla and some other fine toons and then the stupid blue dog after I waited 20 minutes to get back into a middle six who then decided to glitch and make the other two toons mad and then they left and I left and then I go back to the playground. I still have "0" stock options. Thanx! I do want to thank the fine bunny who let me TP to her in Nutty River, much appreciated.
HATE for toons who glitch and the internet for kicking me out! :gun:

Thanks,
Elga McBurp

(Note my runon sentence does not represent the grammar standards of Toontown Stratics or the Stratics Network!..:hahaha:)

Z

ZippyW

Okay for one this toon was stinking everyone and being rude that is what they got reported for. Its fine if you get off the crane your self and go and stomp for awhile. Have you ever done a solo CFO before? You learn to do both. I stomp and I crane, when you go with randoms you never know what you are going to face. Some are griefers. Stomping and craning or just as important as the other. Again if you would read my post this cat was going around instead of stomping and asking if they could crane. She got mad and started stinking everyone. If you can crane I dont mind take the crane and I will stomp but dont stand there waiting for someone to get knocked off and still there crane. There is a difference there between teamwork and being selfish. If the cat would have stomped and I left my crane then fine but that was not the case.

Thanks Terri for backing me on this one.
SHEESH. The MAIN subject of your post was your anger over craning. I don't see what difference doing a solo CFO makes since there's no one else there. I don't like people bringing 2-3 toons to a battle and leaving one on the sideline either, which falls into the same category of showing up and not fighting.

S

Steveo

SHEESH. The MAIN subject of your post was your anger over craning. I don't see what difference doing a solo CFO makes since there's no one else there. I don't like people bringing 2-3 toons to a battle and leaving one on the sideline either, which falls into the same category of showing up and not fighting.
That is your opinion and I don't bring two toons and leave one on the sideline. I only play one toon. The difference doing a solo is you have to learn to stomp and crane. I dont mind doing either but If I am on the crane and I get knocked off by the gears I dont apperciate someone waiting to take over. Also, I should have clarified it more by saying this cat was stinking everyone and being rude. That is the reason for us reporting her. Also there are a few others that get really made if they dont get a crane . I dont get mad if I dont get a crane I just go and do what is needed to be done. Basically if I go into a CFO and dont get a crane I am not going to go up to anyone and say May I operate the crane? I am going to stomp unless someone accidently jumped on the crane and are not able to use it. But its rude to stand there waiting for someone to get knocked off a crane. That all i was saying.

Just a question what toons do you play?

G

Granjell

Dear high laff toons in the factory in green districts - having a high laff toon myself who needs merits, I'm guessing that that's the sole reason you're heading into the factory. But if you head for the Front Entrance, lower laff toons will assume you don't mind them tagging along on your run. Why is it that you then leave them in the first or second room without saying anything? At least have the courtesy to say "I need to go" or "Let's go back to the playground." If you don't like their gags, well then, check them out before boarding. I specifically ask "Care if I join you?" but then you bail. Out of 5 attempts this morning, Baggins finished the factory exactly one time. Thanks to a kind invisible 111 laff toon for sticking it out with three 40 laffers.

Z

ZippyW

I play Mister Zippy Wigglebump. Why do you ask?

I didn't ask why you solo, I said I didn't see why you would ask me if I did or what that had to do with someone "stealing" your crane. I also didn't say that YOU bring 2 toons to battles. I said I didn't like it when someone did that and couldn't play both toons at the same time, relating it to what you said about that toon not helping with your battle. I don't go on runs with Stratics.

And Granjell - I'm sorry you had such a run of people. I played fairly often with randoms in the factory, and since I could do it by myself, I had absolutely no problem going with small toons. I'd even do a short run if the majority seems to want to go that way, although I'd say "I need merits" and see if I can get an "OK!" I always tried to remember what it was like when I had low laffs. Going with a group of small randoms is always ... interesting! :D

R

rainwatercat

dear random bear in brrrgh today,

i have no problem helping out randoms (as i did for you today in that building), but....

was there a reason to tell me all your toontasks during the building? was there a reason to say "follow me" when we were already in the building? where was i going to go?

i really like helping, but that kind of behavoir really puts me off.

S

soupandquackers

Aww poor elga, that stinks you still didnt get your options. Zippy please dont make a big deal about a rant, we all friends in da hood.:)

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That irritated me, I was actually quite mad with myself after that! That is the biggest thing I dislike about Bossbot. If you want to do Front Threes you gotta dance around the freaking cart to get on with some 15 laffer. You spend so much time trying to load with actual toons who need Stock Options or suit parts. It wasn't just that one time either, I have no luck and it's a stressful thing just to go in a good group. I'm probably not going to try again either for this week's CEO. Those toons frighten me. If we weren't constricted by Speedchat, which is probably a good thing, I would give them a piece of my mind! :gun: My future with Bossbot is still up in the air. The battle itself is interesting, but the riff raff in the golf course entry area blows. :sad4:

Z

ZippyW

I'M MAKING A BIG DEAL?????!!!!!!!!!! My jaw just dropped. I just answered questions that were asked. Maybe you should read my answer again. He can't rant all he want, but I'm going to respond if he claims I said stuff I didn't say.

Never mind. Waste of time.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dear random bear in brrrgh today,

i have no problem helping out randoms (as i did for you today in that building), but....

was there a reason to tell me all your toontasks during the building? was there a reason to say "follow me" when we were already in the building? where was i going to go?

i really like helping, but that kind of behavoir really puts me off.
I'm with you on that one. Bossy toons turn me off very fast, and I've been known to shut the game off and go do something else when I encounter one. We ran into one yesterday in a CFO. His was the kind of bossiness that absolutely drives me insane. This is where the toon makes judgements on the acceptability of your gag choices after you picked, by saying 'Yes' or 'No'. Drives me up the wall. Toons who do what your bear did, by saying 'Follow me' or 'Let's use <gag>', such as an aoogah on level 12's, also drive me insane. Chances are he was trying to get you to use whatever gags he was using, thus 'Follow me'.

It's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to go with randoms these days. However, given that we want to max the suits on our bears, my wife and I are going to have to start doing so. Which typically results in such cases being the CFO we did yesterday, in which one random bailed on the elevator because lag made another look like they weren't there, although they were. (That toon ended up on our side and eventually lagged completely out.) The other side lost a toon, then they all bailed, leaving us with just the bossy bear on our side. Needless to say that CFO was a total loss. :cursing:

F

Flippers

Zippy and Steveo: Take it outside after school.

:rolleyes:

Yeah granjell re the big toons: It's a rare occurrence when I use the front entrance in an occupied district. It's usually because I implicitly want the numbers. I'm very much the side door time for both the ubers and big toons I use.

What surprises me are how many big toons NEED someone else with them. They actually don't realize how easy it is to solo the fac. They probably can't solo over a level 2 or 3 building either. Unfortunately high laff or gags don't tell you much about a random toon's skill. For all you know someone else built up the toon.

S

Steveo

Zippy and Steveo: Take it outside after school.
Sorry Flippers I am out of school. I have been out since 1996. As far as that goes Zippy has his opinions and he is going to express those opinions. Most of his post have been negative. I expressed that I dont agree with someone standing around waiting on a crane. Then this toon started stinking everyone which was very rude. For one this is a Dear toon Thread not a answer my question thread. I did not ask for him to answer any questions I just was mad at a Cat in the CFO that did nothing plus stunk everyone in there. I agree for grabbing a crane is nothing to report someone for. But when you are really rude by stinking every toon in the CFO that is another story.

Soup I do agree that ZippyW has made a big deal out of nothing. This was just a rant not a question. I am done with my rant about the cat. ZippyW thanks for you opinion.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright everyone needs to chill. Steve ranted about "his" crane being stolen and mentioned he reported the toon. He admitted his first post wasn't clear; that should've cleared this up, but didn't for whatever reason.

Over the years I've read many an opinion about "ownership of the crane". I'd love to see a thread on the subject (if we can be more civil than we're being in this thread). But as far as this thread goes, this is a Dear Toon thread. The intent of this thread (and the ones before it) was to vent frustrations we feel in Toontown, not with each other.

Please stop the armchair modding, name calling, and otherwise degrading of each other, and let's get back to Dear Toon.

S

Steveo

I agree with you Trish. Thanks for clearing up what this thread is about.

T

toontownhappy

Dear blue rabbit:
Okay, let's go over some ground rules here.
1) You don't pull a baby trap on a level 11 skelecog without backup. Ever. And at LEAST say sorry.
2) Don't think you can make nice with me by giving me a toonup when I'm down by 10 laff.
3) And don't you DARE try to then make ME look bad by saying "You're welcome!" and "Any time!" after you toonup me. That is just ridiculous.
-Thunderhead

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! or Why I Hate To Go With Randoms

Dear stupid rabbit in the VP,

Through a lot of bad gag choices, you, me and my wife were all that was left in the VP after the skelecog round. All three of us have plenty of laff to make it through this fight. I can stun at the door, two to drive him back, that VP should have been over the edge in 10 minutes. Instead, one hit, and you're screaming for a toon-up. You then go so far as to stand in front of Bluebeary, and then in front of me, to get said toon-ups instead of helping drive him back. The end result? The fight dragged out forever, Bluebeary giving you toon-ups took her away from driving the VP back. You went sad, she went sad, and I had to alt-F4 out, whereas if you'd just HIT THE VP WITH PIES, we'd have had him beaten before toon-ups would even be required. Therefore, to you sir, I say 'You stink!'

Dear stupid dog in the CFO,

I asked politely to get a crane. Everyone said OK. I got a crane. Then you stand next to me, waiting for the CFO to hit me, after we'd had him already near red, you toko the crane when he geared me, and what happened? I was knocked into a swarm of red goons and went sad in very short order. Goons THAT YOU DIDN'T STOMP! If you had let me keep going, and had stomped the goons, I would have had him nailed. Here's to hoping you lost that CFO.

Dear stupid dog in the CFO 2,

Same deal. I asked, the others said yes, I got a crane. I was knocking the CFO senseless. I knew what you were going to do the minute you stood next to me instead of stomping, and sure enough, when he geared me you took the crane. I told you that wasn't nice, you obviously didn't care. Thankfully another crane opened during the red cog round and I was able to get the safe off his head and get two red goons into him before I got knocked off, and we won. I hope you choke on the victory.

Sincerely,
Mountainbeary McBurp

S

soupandquackers

Dear toon,
During the cfo run i was using my black cat. We already found out earlier that my fog horn wasn't maxed out, but you intend on saying phrases like "oof" when 2 foghorns plus mine (41 damage) doesn't kill level 12's. Is it a big deal that the level 12's dont die we can always use toon-up.

R

rainwatercat

Dear toon,
During the cfo run i was using my black cat. We already found out earlier that my fog horn wasn't maxed out, but you intend on saying phrases like "oof" when 2 foghorns plus mine (41 damage) doesn't kill level 12's. Is it a big deal that the level 12's dont die we can always use toon-up.
i agree...it's no big deal and if your black cat was "black knight", then i do remember you saying more than once that you "hadn't found it yet". as long as a toon says they don't have it maxed (so the other toons can adjust accordingly--or have tu at the ready), i have no problem with it. how are you supposed to ever max it if you don't get the chance to use it. :thumbup1:

A

ATIV7220

Dear toon,
I'm torn as to which way to respond....because I think it was I that made that comment... I've been playing this game for a relatively short period of time compared to many who read these boards - about six months. I can remember responding in that way mostly because I was confused as to why the 12's didn't go. I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the "I haven't found it yet" comment. I never knew that that was a signal that one was using a gag in training. I had no SF's in that run and I probably figured that the comment was in response to some conversation to which I was not privy. In my own training I was half way to the opera singer before I figured out that my foghorn wasn't doing what a full foghorn could do. I don't have all the nuances down, e.g. I still don't know why sometimes you get the lure bonus in a mint and sometimes you don't. I figured the 12's were around because of some exception or unknown rule to me in the CFO cog round.

I had no problem with you using a reduced strength gag, I was just confused as to why they weren't going down. I think I used a sad Speedchat phrase maybe three times during the whole battle, if that. I try to live up to the unspoken Stratics standards of the perfect battle - kill the cogs, fast, and don't let them fight back. I make mistakes - several of them this evening, actually - but I never thought I'd be the cause of a Dear Toon posting. I going to try not to let that be a big deal because I don't think my comments were that terrible...

:confused:

S

SSniffleslam

Sounds like a standard case of miscommunication and misunderstanding. We all live and learn. :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S

SSniffleslam

Dear 120+ laff toons in the CEO,

HOW IN THE WORLD did you get your suit levels so high when you are SOOOO awful at the seltzer round? Running around like chickens with your little heads cut off. Bouncing from golf tee to table to golf tee to conveyor belt. I can't believe that there were only 2 max unites used. THAT was the worst CEO (toonwise) I've been in ever! Especially since all but one of us in there was Head Hunter or larger. GOOD GRIEF!

Z

ZippyW

Since reading here on this board that there are people who bring a second toon to a battle to just gain suit size, I no longer take suit size as some evidence of a toon's skill. It's entirely possible that suit size was gained by just hanging around on the sideline and running from belt to belt, never actually joining the battle.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But having that 2nd toon in there means their first toon had to be worked alone. That would be evidence to the contrary, in my opinion. You know, I used to bring a 2nd toon when we were low on people. It ain't easy remembering to jump two toons when the VP jumps. Keeping that 2nd toon alive is a challenge that, in my opinion, only a seasoned toon could accomplish.

S

SSniffleslam

I seriously doubt that they were all playing two toons. No one was at the same suit level, but they all were Head Hunter or larger except for one Yesman. If you have done the CEO that many times, you should be able to do it fairly decently. EVEN if there was someone playing two toons, at that high of suit levels, you should be a PRO at working both toons at once. They were all maxed in everything but Boss - the exception being me (I'm not maxed in law) and the yesman...

S

soupandquackers

It wasn't you dadio dog, it was that other dog that was with us, you and rainwater cat were quite cooperative. No hard feelings..

Status
Not open for further replies.