• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money making payouts

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

what dont you understand the part about they run the game to make money its a pretty simple concept really simple economics maybe you need some more school and less ea games

G

<blockquote><hr>

donavon you are absolutely right ea did nothing for all that time just sat back collected all that monthly fees didnt put anything into the game now that a bunch of ppl left for second life they decide there is a problem that they want to fix so they come up with all these changes which to me look like a second rate version of second life only harder to make a few bucks to survive so the ppl do the testing for them and be the slaves and barely be able to feed themselves now they are lowering the payout a little at a time so ppl must buy from them so they can line thier pockets further on the slaves backs that is why i dropped my account and quit cause i seen it coming to this

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the support.
Learn some punctuation.

G

Maybe you should think of what you are saying. Here is a quote by Jackiee TC that maybe you should consider:

<blockquote><hr>

Oy, Its sort of silly to base the current progress of the current team, on the previous progress of no team.

I hope where you work, they don't base your value as an employee on work that was done before you got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

donavon you are absolutely right ea did nothing for all that time just sat back collected all that monthly fees didnt put anything into the game now that a bunch of ppl left for second life they decide there is a problem that they want to fix so they come up with all these changes which to me look like a second rate version of second life only harder to make a few bucks to survive so the ppl do the testing for them and be the slaves and barely be able to feed themselves now they are lowering the payout a little at a time so ppl must buy from them so they can line thier pockets further on the slaves backs that is why i dropped my account and quit cause i seen it coming to this

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the support.
Learn some punctuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. (To your explanation, and to the suggestion about punctuation.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the support.
Learn some punctuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

k thx.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe you should think of what you are saying. Here is a quote by Jackiee TC that maybe you should consider:

<blockquote><hr>

Oy, Its sort of silly to base the current progress of the current team, on the previous progress of no team.

I hope where you work, they don't base your value as an employee on work that was done before you got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are confusing the current devs with EA. The current devs provide names and faces for what was, previously, a nameless corporation. Donavan is 100% correct -- EA is to blame.

We are not talking about the game being neglected by any specific dev. It was EA that caused this mess. If the Ajax Plumbing Company does a crummy job and messes up my plumbing system, and then sends another set of plumbers out to fix it, I am still gonna blame Ajax for all the mess I have to deal with, even though the second set sets things right. Oy.

S

Stikswifey

why is everyone starting to sound like a bunch of old married couples????

G

<blockquote><hr>

what dont you understand the part about they run the game to make money its a pretty simple concept really simple economics maybe you need some more school and less ea games

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple economics?? It had nothing to do with second life. If they didn't do what they are doing, the game would have been gone months ago. That is a fact. Please do your history of everything that is going on with the game at the blog and wiki. k thx.

G

I think they should have all money objects set at max payouts and leave it that way we r the one paying to play this game and i have been playing for almost 5 years and i dont think it is right od the dev team to tell use what the payouts are going to be since we r the ones pay to plat the game

G

Oh yeah, maxis do that!!!

Then we can all be like BILLIONARES!!1!!!11

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think they should have all money objects set at max payouts and leave it that way we r the one paying to play this game and i have been playing for almost 5 years and i dont think it is right od the dev team to tell use what the payouts are going to be since we r the ones pay to plat the game

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see it now. My headline news article that day will read:

NEWS: Pandemonium Hits EA-Land!

In a drastic change of ideas today, Luc and the entire Dev team have decided to make it very easy to make money. It took just one hour for me to make 100k. After making my 100k I quickly bought a new house and dolled it up with all sorts of expensive things. I asked people to come over, but they were busy at their own houses waiting for guests. Everyone has a lot size 8. Everyone has a store in which they can buy from the catalog. Everyone has everything. There is nothing to do and the game is falling fast. Who knew giving the players what they wanted could ruin the game?

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but that is what would happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, did you want the game turned off months ago?? They are doing what they are doing so they some remnant of TSO survives. In order for that to happen money and all sorts of other changes have to occur. Paying to play is just that, paying to play.

The devs are trying to keep this thing alive and by doing what you are saying is a good way to kill it all off. Way to go
. k thx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see it now. My headline news article that day will read:

NEWS: Pandemonium Hits EA-Land!

In a drastic change of ideas today, Luc and the entire Dev team have decided to make it very easy to make money. It took just one hour for me to make 100k. After making my 100k I quickly bought a new house and dolled it up with all sorts of expensive things. I asked people to come over, but they were busy at their own houses waiting for guests. Everyone has a lot size 8. Everyone has a store in which they can buy from the catalog. Everyone has everything. There is nothing to do and the game is falling fast. Who knew giving the players what they wanted could ruin the game?

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but that is what would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you would have the old productin cities that we've played in for the past 5 years and the problem there is? besides a major exploit recently that if never happened this entire thread would not exist because there'd be no need for this crappy closed economy they are destroying er um creating.

yes they whine and cried so loud that the devs are going TOO far with this nonsense and are ruining the game even further. It was bad enough being neglected for years, now they're just dismantling the game so horribly that players will leave esp once they see all the restrictions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And you would have the old productin cities that we've played in for the past 5 years and the problem there is? besides a major exploit recently that if never happened this entire thread would not exist because there'd be no need for this crappy closed economy they are destroying er um creating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious???? When are you going wake up and realize that without the changes, you wouldn't be playing right now. The game would have been shut down months ago. Seriously, read up on the blog and wiki. Maybe you would learn a thing or two.

If this is seriously the way you feel, then why haven't you quit already? They are destroying anything. And if the exploit didn't happen, this thread would still have came about. End of story. k thx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious???? When are you going wake up and realize that without the changes, you wouldn't be playing right now. The game would have been shut down months ago. Seriously, read up on the blog and wiki. Maybe you would learn a thing or two.

If this is seriously the way you feel, then why haven't you quit already? They are destroying anything. And if the exploit didn't happen, this thread would still have came about. End of story. k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says you blah blah, the game WOULD still be hee therec was never anything said that they definitely woul have shut it down. Where have YOU been? YES if that exploit never happened then there would be NO need to fx the economy and all this tso-e etc would have never emerged.

Besides they are doiung mainly what they want, NOT what plsayes wanted.. These image nonsense isn't rally custom content, its just recoloring signs or chairs. Customcontent to me is the ability to change and alter objects, not just slap a new graphical image over it. At least we are gettig a few sims chairs though.

Why am I still here? I'll tell you why, To see what happens in this cash selling stuff. YES you can best bet I WILL be sellig mine back to EA making ABSOLUTELY as much as possible that they allow daily, if I can earn that much that is, LOL. Or if they have a limit maybe try sell to players like many others do now. Seems like an easy thing to do who knows.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Says you blah blah, the game WOULD still be hee therec was never anything said that they definitely woul have shut it down. Where have YOU been? YES if that exploit never happened then there would be NO need to fx the economy and all this tso-e etc would have never emerged.

Besides they are doiung mainly what they want, NOT what plsayes wanted.. These image nonsense isn't rally custom content, its just recoloring signs or chairs. Customcontent to me is the ability to change and alter objects, not just slap a new graphical image over it. At least we are gettig a few sims chairs though.

Why am I still here? I'll tell you why, To see what happens in this cash selling stuff. YES you can best bet I WILL be sellig mine back to EA making ABSOLUTELY as much as possible that they allow daily, if I can earn that much that is, LOL. Or if they have a limit maybe try sell to players like many others do now. Seems like an easy thing to do who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

The devs themselves have said time and time again that without these changes, the game would have been shut off. Where have YOU been?? Don't believe me?? Go ask one.

They are doing what the players ask. Read the blog and wiki where ideas and such have been suggested before you start pretending to know what is going through their heads. k thx.

The devs have stated time and time again that custom content will take time. The altering of objects is a long way off. Stop thinking what there is now is all you will ever get. There is a plan set out of what they intend to accomplish. Once again, please read up on the blog and wiki before pretending you know what is going through the devs heads. k thx.

Please go here blog and here wiki for any other info you might need before you go about making false accusations. k thx.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

so dutch your saying that the mega corp ea should make all the money yet the middle income ppl that have multiple accounts to make some simoleans to sell should not try to make a few bucks so you want a have a have not world where there are super rich and super poor slaves if you ask me that is kind of a iletist attitude to have there is nothing wrong with a guy making a few bucks on the side

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think people are being hauled into court and told to pay back tons of money for downloading songs?

It's because those songs belong to 'other' people.

In this case, simoleans/trees/rares.....belong to EA. Yeah, we pay a subscription fee each month to play with them.

We pay to go bowling. Does the bowling alley allow you to walk out with all the pins in your bowling bag?

We pay to go to the movies. Are we allowed to pull up the seats and take them home with us?

When you rent a hotel room, do we just take the towels....WAIT that wasn't me!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

so dutch your saying that the mega corp ea should make all the money yet the middle income ppl that have multiple accounts to make some simoleans to sell should not try to make a few bucks so you want a have a have not world where there are super rich and super poor slaves if you ask me that is kind of a iletist attitude to have there is nothing wrong with a guy making a few bucks on the side

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think people are being hauled into court and told to pay back tons of money for downloading songs?

It's because those songs belong to 'other' people.

In this case, simoleans/trees/rares.....belong to EA. Yeah, we pay a subscription fee each month to play with them.

We pay to go bowling. Does the bowling alley allow you to walk out with all the pins in your bowling bag?

We pay to go to the movies. Are we allowed to pull up the seats and take them home with us?

When you rent a hotel room, do we just take the towels....WAIT that wasn't me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

SORRY Dutch, BUT PATHETIC att3mpt at an analogy here. EA HAS ALWAYS allowed selling of in game items from TSO from the beta until today. The ONLY thing they didn't alllow was ADVERTISING that you sell the items in game. Even here at stratics talking about it until recentlt wasn't allowed, but the actual sales HAVE ALWAYS been ALLOWED.

NOBODY will EVER be hauled to court over selkling TSO cash and NEVER will be as it is perfectly legal and ALWAYS HAS been. Stop trying to make it sound illegal when it CLEARLY is perfectly legal ad NOT against the law at all and/or EA's policies.

From EA's Support pages

<blockquote><hr>

QUESTION
<font color="purple">Is it illegal to sell my TSO items for real money?</font>

Answer
<font color="green">It is not a Terms of Service violation to sell TSO items via eBay or through any other 3rd party vendors.</font> However, it is considered a Terms of Service violation for players to advertise ANY items in the game or on the message boards in exchange for real world goods. Players must keep in mind that EA/Maxis does not support these transactions and if the transaction should fail to complete, EA/Maxis will not assist in recovering lost items or money. Account transfers are only supported through the EA account transfer program. To securely transfer your account, please email [email protected]. Transferring your TSO account without using the account transfer program is considered a Terms of Service violation and subject to permanent account closure.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

gusdegloom

More and more the changes are restoring the game to what it was in 2002. I like what's happening. I like seeing the game become what it was supposed to become way back then. I'm enjoying the game for the first time in YEARS.
Much thanks to Luc and his team for giving us back the real TSO.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Your attempt at being nasty and I guess subsequently attempting to make me angry has failed!

I had a really double-over, tear inducing laugh when I read your response. I'll probably break out in giggles the rest of the day.

My post was explaining why I am against the selling of EA merchandise by private TSO players.

It's rather comical that NOW that EA is going to get into the game of selling items, folks are crying fowl. To me, it's about time that money goes into EA's pocket.

EA doesn't actually need to change the ToS on this one. They just have to open their own stores and undercut the competition to the point that it's not profitable for the average player to do it any longer.

I see Custom Content as the place where 'average' players will make real money in the future. They will not have to compete against EA on custom content. They will have to compete against each other!

Do you do custom content? What happens when players start knocking off custom content idea? According to the ToS you quoted, EA's not going to get involved in your dispute. Good luck settling it on your own because that's what the rule states!

This is one of those hot button issues that really needs to be addressed now and not down the road when it becomes a MAJOR problem.

G

Nobody is trying to anger you nor trying to be nasty, I was pointing out your analogy sucked was all. Laugh all you like you make no difference in my life, lol.

Uh who's crying fowl over EA selling simoleans? I could care less and think its a bit late for them to finally start doing it is all.

Who are you kidding beyond yourself that its not profitable for the player to sell no matter how low? As it is ALL players pay $9.99 a month or close to that. ANY amount that they earn back by selling tso items no matter how log it takes them to make is 100% profit. The subscription is paid for so any money coming back to the player is indeed profit no matter how big or small. It is money they otherwise would not have had.

I do not do custom content nor am I interested in it. Also it's not "my dispute" as you say and yes EA will NOT get involved in ANY dispute be it cash or account disputes or item/objects which to me includes and would especially be included on custom content.

And hey if there ever is a dispute over something i sold in game as far as I'm concerned it's NOT worth arguing over, let the customer have it. Items can EASILTY be replaced and sold again to them or other customers. Arguing never settles anything and is bad business. So there I settled the dispute and no problem as you think there would have been.

pfffft!

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Your attempt at being nasty and I guess subsequently attempting to make me angry has failed!

I had a really double-over, tear inducing laugh when I read your response. I'll probably break out in giggles the rest of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although the way he said it was kinda snarky, he is correct that buying simoleans has never been a violation.

<blockquote><hr>

My post was explaining why I am against the selling of EA merchandise by private TSO players.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're against it even though it is, and always has been, allowed. Fine.

<blockquote><hr>

It's rather comical that NOW that EA is going to get into the game of selling items, folks are crying fowl. To me, it's about time that money goes into EA's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not crying foul, but some people have always been against the buying of in game money and goods with real money no matter who is doing it. They were against it as a matter of principle - until EA decided to get in on it - then it was fine. The people who have always been and still are against I have no problem with. They have the right to a consistent opinion based on their principles. The rest strike me as a bit inconsistent.

As for me, I'm perfectly fine and always have been with the buying and selling of simoleans. I welcome the opportunity to sell to EA if their price is right.

<blockquote><hr>

EA doesn't actually need to change the ToS on this one. They just have to open their own stores and undercut the competition to the point that it's not profitable for the average player to do it any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. I bet they don't thought. I'll bet they try to charge more than the going rate, and offer less than the sellers buy for.

<blockquote><hr>

I see Custom Content as the place where 'average' players will make real money in the future. They will not have to compete against EA on custom content. They will have to compete against each other!

[/ QUOTE ]
When players can create real custom content ala SL this might be true. We'll see.

<blockquote><hr>

Do you do custom content? What happens when players start knocking off custom content idea? According to the ToS you quoted, EA's not going to get involved in your dispute. Good luck settling it on your own because that's what the rule states!

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed. If somebody makes something insanely popular and profitable it will be copied. I certainly hope EA does more than say "tough, it's your problem" but I doubt it.

<blockquote><hr>

This is one of those hot button issues that really needs to be addressed now and not down the road when it becomes a MAJOR problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, but every time I commented on it I got flamed. One of the elite inner core might want to raise some of these points.

G

<blockquote><hr>

More and more the changes are restoring the game to what it was in 2002. I like what's happening. I like seeing the game become what it was supposed to become way back then. I'm enjoying the game for the first time in YEARS.
Much thanks to Luc and his team for giving us back the real TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can do is sit and applaud you for what you have just said.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who are you kidding beyond yourself that its not profitable for the player to sell no matter how low? As it is ALL players pay $9.99 a month or close to that. ANY amount that they earn back by selling tso items no matter how log it takes them to make is 100% profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. There is no profit until they have made over $9.99. Even then its not a profit because you will need to pay taxes on it because it is in fact considered earned income.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Why are people so set on living in the past?

I think we have proof that the past practices did not work and yet we have people that want to keep the tradition alive.

I love the 'stick it to the man' attitude. It's really going to prolong the life our our game isn't it?

With some of the attitudes of some people in our community, I think it is VERY wise if EA calls off the buy back of Simoleans for their own protection.

I can see people botting as many simoleans as possible just to sell them back to ea in attempt to 'stick it' to EA.

And thus we come full circle on this thread....thus the money object du jour making the most payouts was typing...thus the devs changed it up. Go figure!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think we have proof that the past practices did not work and yet we have people that want to keep the tradition alive.

I love the 'stick it to the man' attitude. It's really going to prolong the life our our game isn't it?

With some of the attitudes of some people in our community, I think it is VERY wise if EA calls off the buy back of Simoleans for their own protection.

I can see people botting as many simoleans as possible just to sell them back to ea in attempt to 'stick it' to EA.

And thus we come full circle on this thread....thus the money object du jour making the most payouts was typing...thus the devs changed it up. Go figure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me once they actually see how much buying back that wil be taking place it will definitely be changed, lol.

R

Roger Wilco

I guess I'm not seeing the point of your suggestion of EA calling off the buying back of simoleans. Those that were willing to sell them to EA will just sell them to someone else if that occurs.

N

NightFlyer

"...One of the elite inner core might want to raise some of these points..."

No truer words were ever spoken here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I'm not seeing the point of your suggestion of EA calling off the buying back of simoleans. Those that were willing to sell them to EA will just sell them to someone else if that occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that is exacly what I would do if EA cancelled their buy back thing. Would just need to make some cash and a web site lol

N

NightFlyer

"...Trust me once they actually see how much buying back that wil be taking place it will definitely be changed, lol..."

My thoughts exactly.

The exchange rate will be changed as soon as they figure out how much they are buying back and remind us that the rate is always fluctuating. The loop hole built right in. No one can complain. They warned us!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

"...One of the elite inner core might want to raise some of these points..."

No truer words were ever spoken here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well the conversation is over now that you are going to just be petty and start bashing people.

I will tell you this.....there are people here that I don't agree with on some things and we don't even agree about it when we are in a community house in game.

But the one thing I can say for them is they have never ever disrespected me as a person or a player. We silently agree to disagree on things. There are some here I've had many flaming arguments with but I adore the heck out of them in game because they are really awesome people!

And believe it or not...the devs want to hear both sides of the coin. But sometimes people are very 'abrasive' with the way they present their comments. And if someone constantly was yelling in your face, would you tend to listen to them either?

N

NightFlyer

"...Ok, well the conversation is over now that you are going to just be petty and start bashing people..."

I wasn't aware I was having a conversation with you. You might want to check who I was replying to.

We all have our perceptions. You are entitled to yours as I am to mine.

Have a great day!

R

Roger Wilco

Why do you assume either on of us is talking about you? I don't know about NightFlyer, but I wasn't refering to you when I made the original comment about somebody from the inner core talking to the dev's about these issues.

So we're not going to hear how your suggestion of EA dropping the buyback of simoleans accomplishes anything? Why people won't just sell them to someone else if EA won't buy them?

G

Please read quote in Dutch's post. You agreed with what was said. So it might as well have been you that said it.

As far as the payouts go, I'm glad they are doing what they are doing. Everyone is complaining about not being able to make enough money. They cut the payouts, but they also cut the prices of everything else. I don't see the big deal.

G

She wasn't saying that you were referring to her. It was a generalized statement:

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, well the conversation is over now that you are going to just be petty and start bashing people.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

General Warning:
Back on topic.

<blockquote><hr>

I am really enjoying the challenges of TC3 and am looking forward to the merge which orignally I was dreading for the longest time, however, while making money typing, someone stated that the payouts on typing we're going to be lowered so that sims will use the other money making objects. If this is true it's very disappointing because even those payouts are low. At maxed skill you make $250 a story. Maybe it would be better to raise the payout on the other money making objects instead. It already feels like we're working ourselves out of the great depression.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

coyoteee

(Moved this over per our lovely Mod, Polly, who is both gorgeous and wise.)
::sings::

I Love Testing!!!

Ok, so I've been typing over at The Novas. I have 18.50 creativity. (Cuz I'm really that cool.) One payout is like $108, the next is like $224. Did I discover a secret? Do I get a prize? (A gnome or some pickle juice would be great. lol)

~Coy

G

<blockquote><hr>

I Love Testing!!!

Ok, so I've been typing over at The Novas. I have 18.50 creativity. (Cuz I'm really that cool.) One payout is like $108, the next is like $224. Did I discover a secret? Do I get a prize? (A gnome or some pickle juice would be great. lol)

~Coy

[/ QUOTE ]

Its quite possible that during the second typing more people were typing than the first. The more people who type, the more money you get.

It is also possible that Luc is having fun in his office changing the payouts every two seconds. Although the latter would be funnier, I doubt that is the case

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I Love Testing!!!

~Coy

[/ QUOTE ]

Its quite possible that during the second typing more people were typing than the first. The more people who type, the more money you get.

It is also possible that Luc is having fun in his office changing the payouts every two seconds. Although the latter would be funnier, I doubt that is the case

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been pretty consistent. One payout lower, one payout higher. I swear!

K

Keep It Real

I have been getting 250 per story with maxed creativity. The number that shows over my sims head says 125 but I am credited with 250 simoleans. Enjoy it while you can as I'm sure it will change soon.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I have been getting 250 per story with maxed creativity. The number that shows over my sims head says 125 but I am credited with 250 simoleans. Enjoy it while you can as I'm sure it will change soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda trumps free green, IMO. I hope the devs are taking a nice, long holiday weekend!

Merry Christmas to all.

G

i have 8 skills points in creativity and everytime im getting even less payout per story ... and sometimes its just very random. I get like $100 per story and sometimes as low as $24. dunno why?!

G

i have done my history i was a player for a long long time and i did try second life and it is what sim land is gonna be alot of the same things. the wiki you refer to i dont need to read it its all propaganda put out by the current developers i know what i seen happening and what continues to be said here, what i continue to see going on if you dont understand that ea has been the trouble all along you are blind. if you cant see that ea is just changing things to make more money you are nieve. the game wouldnt have been gone already if it wasnt for the changes lots of ppl have left since the changes so id bet there are less ppl playing now then there were before the change, and the way they keep changing things for the worse id suggest that trend will continue more and more will leave

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

the game as they are making it now isnt the game we all have been playing for years its a new lousy version based in part on the game we all enjoyed. so they are not maintaining our game they are creating something different. and i wasnt saying stick it to ea i was saying whats wrong with someone else putting a few bucks in their pocket also

G

Okay, you are misinformed and you think just because what is in your head is right. You are wrong. Like horribly wrong. Go talk to a dev. I was told just the other day by a dev and it is posted on these boards(I will edit this post with the link) that the number of players currently playing is increasing.

Here is the Thread where Lee talks about more people being in TC3.

Now as far as your wrong information, they are trying to make money. Lee has said the game is in the red. That means EA is losing money. So bringing in more players and bringing back old players is a means to get this game out of the red. If you can't see that, you are naive.

Since when is the posting of ideas on the wiki propaganda?? Seriously, some of the ideas posted there have been implemented into the game in TC3 already. Please, try to share information that is verifiable instead of udder nonsense. k thx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the wiki you refer to i dont need to read it its all propaganda put out by the current developers

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are thinking of the blog located at TSO-e.com. The wiki, game-blueprints.com, was created by the devs but the vast majority of the posted development plans come from the community not the devs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, you are misinformed and you think just because what is in your head is right. You are wrong. Like horribly wrong. Go talk to a dev. I was told just the other day by a dev and it is posted on these boards(I will edit this post with the link) that the number of players currently playing is increasing.

Here is the Thread where Lee talks about more people being in TC3.

Now as far as your wrong information, they are trying to make money. Lee has said the game is in the red. That means EA is losing money. So bringing in more players and bringing back old players is a means to get this game out of the red. If you can't see that, you are naive.

Since when is the posting of ideas on the wiki propaganda?? Seriously, some of the ideas posted there have been implemented into the game in TC3 already. Please, try to share information that is verifiable instead of udder nonsense. k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a need to talk to a developer. i do very much understand what in the red means i do know several ppl now that i talk to on yahoo that are leaving when the merge happens they are just riding out the production cities till tso as we have all known it is gone which it will be when the merge happens so tc3 might be gaining some ppl, my gues its new sims not new accounts they are counting. when the merge happens and tso is officially gone then you will see a flood of ppl leaving so therefore im not wrong as you state. none of the items i have stated were in my head they were all based on playing the real tso for a long time what the developers are creating isnt tso its a new version partially based on tso which was the game we all played for years, they are creating it based on their own ideas a a few insiders not based on what the majority of ppl have wanted all along maybe instead of being a sheep and reading the wiki and dev log maybe you should go to production cities and talk to some of the older players see if they wanted tso destroyed. maybe you and some others like the new game but id say that alot more dont like the way it has changed or is gonna change. however i might be wrong, but i dont believe i am id bet that when the merge happens alot of ppl are gonna leave id suggest alot more than will start so we will wait and see what the result is. the fact that ea is trying to make money i have no issue with i never have had a problem with them making money, had they been doing things all along id submit that alot of ppl that left when the mass exodus occured to second life would never have happened , but ea simply neglected the game to the point where alot left now going beyond that the new changes arent the way to go either its supposed to be a game not work shouldnt have to work all day just to buy a chunk of wall for a house or for a couch,ppl work all day this is supposed to be entertainment not more work