• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money making payouts

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Keep It Real

Are people actually buying these 250K items? Pricing an item is one thing, selling it is another.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Are people actually buying these 250K items? Pricing an item is one thing, selling it is another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was surprised when I first discovered this, but then I did the math on my fingers based on what my sims have earned times what I could have earned if I could play like I used to in the "olden days." Then I wasn't as impressed.

Our TC3 money ain't going anywhere, so maybe accumulation of riches is nothing except an interesting observation for Sarah, or whomever.

I

imported_Spacey

Just hitting reply.

Maybe they will counter this cut in payout with another cut in prices from the catalog. I wouldn't care if my payout was reduced from 250 to 125 if something costing 250 was cut to 125 as well. It's all relative.

It's still too much of a chore make money (or skill)... so I am soooo hoping they take into consideration and incorporate some of the ideas from the "FUN" post in TSO-E.

G

ttl

I think you all need to keep in mind, for TC3, players started at 10k, and were able to make old payouts on everything for quite awhile before it all came crashing down. There are lots of people in TC3 with money, so buying something for 250k isn't that big of a deal for some there. I am betting it's out of reach to people who've started since everything was cut though.

Now in EA Land, if things stay as they are now in TC3, yes 250k should be out of reach for everyone for a very long time, but... will it be...

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply.

Maybe they will counter this cut in payout with another cut in prices from the catalog. I wouldn't care if my payout was reduced from 250 to 125 if something costing 250 was cut to 125 as well. It's all relative.

It's still too much of a chore make money (or skill)... so I am soooo hoping they take into consideration and incorporate some of the ideas from the "FUN" post in TSO-E.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has everything been cut? Building cost? I know property costs certainly haven't been cut. :/

This time of year I used to love to build and decorate for Christmas and then New Years, but this year there is no way I can afford such a luxury.

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has everything been cut? Building cost? I know property costs certainly haven't been cut. :/

This time of year I used to love to build and decorate for Christmas and then New Years, but this year there is no way I can afford such a luxury.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I mean everything cut in the same manner. I was just using something from the catalog as an example. I love building and decorating too. I love doing roof art.

If they are worried about having to pay players too much too often, just lower everything equally. This will keep everyone from feeling like they are living in poverty in a slum in EAland, but at the same time one would have to work to make simoleans to sell (just like a rl job).

G

maybe accumulation of riches is nothing except an interesting observation for Sarah,

TC3 is the test bed for instituting an economy for EALand. When TC3 opened, Simoleans were as loose there as in the production cities sans the exploit money. Sarah has been slowly tightening up the economy there. EALand won't have much room for error if EA goes ahead with it's plan to buy back Simoleans for actual cash.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fester, what I'm trying to say is, no sim should have that kind of money to just toss around.

[/ QUOTE ]

And after 4 months why shouldn't they? Takes only about 48 hours to max a skill then after that earning say 3k per hour at say 2 hours a day times 3 weeks is about 126k and add 3 more months is about 560k more and thats if they only earned 3k an hour each day for 4 months... Not to mention buying/selling/trading things.

G

You just succeeded at telling everyone why EA is going to continue to lower payouts on money objects. With the ability to sell back simoleans, you just described a way for them to lose money.

G

3k per hour at say 2 hours a day times 3 weeks is about 126k

Sarah is going to let someone who pays $10 a month for an account make $126 a month? I doubt it. Unless you are talking about TC3. TC3 could be our sandbox with loose Simoleans people could use to buy all manor of items and build fancy properties. But who would want to live in the regular cities then?

The more I think about this, the more I think it's likely EA will sell Simoleans to us but will not buy back Simoleans from us.

G

Well it doesn't take an idiot to figure out what i posted and honestly thats a VERY small amount. Anyone with any amount of brains should have considerably more cash then that by now if they created at day 1 and if they've been playing and know this game. If they go any lower they may as well just deactivate all money earning ways and eliminate the economy entirely.

Don't thank me as if i just showe them something thwey never knew, trust me any fool should know.

J

JRock

You guys also have to remember that some gamers are hardcore. Meaning from sunup to sundown they earn money. So I don't think that the average game player earns as much as these people. It seems like the majority of game players are being blamed because of the few hardcore gamers.

P.S. Does that make since?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree, I think static money payouts worked just fine. Although, I hated seeing all jam houses, all paint houses, etc. That is why I suggested they change they way working in a group works to allow for any money object and skills instead of just one type. I realize it would be a logical solution, something that makes sense, so therefor won't be used, but I still think it's a great idea. It would allow a group of friends who skilled to pizza together, to work together when they aren't in the mood to pizza, doing jams, telemarketer and pinata, and still make a decent wage. Now that may be the problem, heaven forbid us making a decent wage... but I've honestly not seen what I consider a decent wage since they cut the payouts to start with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not logical. Pay proportionate to skill is logical. Pay proportionate to the number of people working is not. I have no skill at piloting an airplane. I know I could never make a living at it with the skills I have. Should I be paid more if I get 2 or 3 unskilled friends in their to help me fly?

I like that higher skill is the biggest factor in determining payout. A group "bonus" is just that - a bonus.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

You guys also have to remember that some gamers are hardcore. Meaning from sunup to sundown they earn money. So I don't think that the average game player earns as much as these people. It seems like the majority of game players are being blamed because of the few hardcore gamers.

P.S. Does that make since?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardcore gamers? You mean the simolean sellers?

I have been asked by several newer players 'where' to go and buy simoleans on the internet. (Of course they asked the WRONG player that because they were promptly booted and banned.)

We the average players really have no idea what kind of money is being made per day in the city and on what object.

You bet your sweet bippy that if an object seems to be making 'too much money', the devs will protect the game by lowering the payouts. That's their responsiblity. (Of course our responsibility is to complain about it. lmao)

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Hardcore gamers? You mean the simolean sellers?

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that there are people who play a LOT of TSO that aren't simolean sellers right? I have a friend who plays over 12 hours a day, EVERY day, who to my knowledge has never bought or sold a simolean in her life.

<blockquote><hr>

I have been asked by several newer players 'where' to go and buy simoleans on the internet. (Of course they asked the WRONG player that because they were promptly booted and banned.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Why on earth are you doing that? Not only is there nothing in the EULA prohibiting people from buying simoleans, but soon it will actually be endorsed and offered by EA themselves.

Don't get me wrong, it's your house and I guess you can boot and ban anyone you like for any reason you want, but seeing as how EA themselves is getting into the buying and selling of simoleans it seems a bit harsh.

G

Booting and banning someone for asking where to go and buy simoleans is justified. Why would I help someone find a way to have it easy when someone else works hard for it. It's just principles. That is how I look at it. So in my opinion, I would do they same thing as Dutch, boot and ban someone that asked.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Booting and banning someone for asking where to go and buy simoleans is justified. Why would I help someone find a way to have it easy when someone else works hard for it. It's just principles. That is how I look at it. So in my opinion, I would do they same thing as Dutch, boot and ban someone that asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you be booting and banning them after EA goes into the simolean selling business also?

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

At that time no. At this time yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are saying is that you have no problem with people buying simoleans as long as it's EA they buy them from. Buying them from a player is so slimey that the player should be booted, banned, and ignored as Dutch and you have said - but buying them from EA is perfectly fine.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, When EA is getting a benefit from it? Sure.

For now, nope.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

For now, nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

But read what he wrote before that...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying that the act of wanting to buy simoleans is so fundamentally wrong that it warrents booting, banning, and ignoring people asking about it. That it's the easy way, that it's unprincipled..

And then, after EA starts selling simoleans to these lazy unprincipled people, it's perfectly fine and you won't boot, ban and ignore them any longer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

For now, nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

But read what he wrote before that...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying that the act of wanting to buy simoleans is so fundamentally wrong that it warrents booting, banning, and ignoring people asking about it. That it's the easy way, that it's unprincipled..

And then, after EA starts selling simoleans to these lazy unprincipled people, it's perfectly fine and you won't boot, ban and ignore them any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta agree - a principle that changes with the direction of the wind is not a principle in the first place.

G

Please don't pretend to be able to interpret what I mean. It's all about situations. TSO in it's current incarnation, is about earning your sim way of life. In EALand, the situation will be different than what it is now.

Had I known that you would misinterpret what I said so bad, I would have explained this before. Just thought that this info was a given.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree, I think static money payouts worked just fine. Although, I hated seeing all jam houses, all paint houses, etc. That is why I suggested they change they way working in a group works to allow for any money object and skills instead of just one type. I realize it would be a logical solution, something that makes sense, so therefor won't be used, but I still think it's a great idea. It would allow a group of friends who skilled to pizza together, to work together when they aren't in the mood to pizza, doing jams, telemarketer and pinata, and still make a decent wage. Now that may be the problem, heaven forbid us making a decent wage... but I've honestly not seen what I consider a decent wage since they cut the payouts to start with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not logical. Pay proportionate to skill is logical. Pay proportionate to the number of people working is not. I have no skill at piloting an airplane. I know I could never make a living at it with the skills I have. Should I be paid more if I get 2 or 3 unskilled friends in their to help me fly?

I like that higher skill is the biggest factor in determining payout. A group "bonus" is just that - a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to agree with ya there Milton, the bonus is kind of a payback for the many hours of skilling. Why should those who never skilled make extra simoleans from my long hours of skilling.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to agree with ya there Milton, the bonus is kind of a payback for the many hours of skilling. Why should those who never skilled make extra simoleans from my long hours of skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that as any money objects, rather than just one type, and a group working in same house at same time, regardless which they choose to be working on. It would still pay you better IF you have skill and are working on the object you skilled to do. I never meant "insert whoever" with 0 skill will earn as much as you are, the pay should be skill based and the bonus the amount of people in house working.

What they had going with typewriters prior to this last cut back, I was able to earn more with 4 creative typing in a group than with maxed body bashing with just a couple of people. I think that is wrong. My idea would pay me to bash even if no one else is bashing, rather than stick me there typing just because that's the fad of today.

I've also noticed pizza bonus pays the same for 4 maxed skilled sims as it does for 3 max and one with only 13, what is the sense in this? Why bother maxing skills if it's not going to be any better pay anyway?

I honestly don't know why I bothered typing this, it will make no difference. They aren't about to make things easier or more fun for us, hell that'd be more like a game instead of a job.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Please don't pretend to be able to interpret what I mean. It's all about situations. TSO in it's current incarnation, is about earning your sim way of life. In EALand, the situation will be different than what it is now.

Had I known that you would misinterpret what I said so bad, I would have explained this before. Just thought that this info was a given.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only responding to Ronin, but to several others in this thread. Let me start with Ronin, though.

Last month you said, <blockquote><hr>

You DO NOT have to buy simoleans from them. You can take the long boring route of working a sim job, then going to money houses till its time to go to your sim job again. You DO NOT have to buy simoleans, its just an easy out to making your sim earn it while being bored making them earn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is one of my favorite quotes, since I agree the work ethic as it is built into the game is long and boring. More so because I'm still disgruntled about having the money I earned in long, boring stints taken from me. For me working in this game is not fun.

Now, I don't know if I will take the "easy out" as you put it. For now, I am barely simming, and only skilling and enjoying meeting players, or renewing friendships. I am feeling the lack of money -- no Christmas stuff this year, no holiday party, no New Year's event. So, the game is drastically diminished for this player.

Will I purchase my way to comfortable bank account in the future? Perhaps. If I get a better deal from a private seller, I'll go that direction.

In early days of this game it was shameful to admit to buying simoleans and running patches. In the past couple of years both are not only mentioned in game, but bragged about. I think it is kinda archaic for anyone to ban and boot someone for asking about simolean sales, since "those days" are well past, and since buying simoleans is being promoted by EA.

In fact, if Facebook/Avatar book were to list on the profiles players who have purchased simoleans the list would be long, and would include many of the most venerable members of this community. I think some folks doth protest WAY too much, but their "nasty little secret" won't be outed by me.

Frankly, booting and banning for just asking sounds very rude. It is one thing to say that simolean purchase discussions are not allowed in your house. But, if you are just booting and banning with no notice, you will be taking many well-intentioned sims by complete surprise, and doing nothing to decrease the evil doers that you seem fearful of aiding.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My idea would pay me to bash even if no one else is bashing, rather than stick me there typing just because that's the fad of today.

I've also noticed pizza bonus pays the same for 4 maxed skilled sims as it does for 3 max and one with only 13, what is the sense in this? Why bother maxing skills if it's not going to be any better pay anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the objections to your idea. Right now people with creative skills can find many opportunities to optimize working on money objects, but those with high logic or mech are screwed (by comparison). Ditto your point about pizza. If spending those hours maxing skills is a waste of effort, why bother.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I haven't bothered maximizing any skills in TC3. Only need 10pts for job tracks. I did for a short time overskill, only to craft something that required it. I would like to see 10pts be all you need to max for any top payout. Everyone hates skilling anyway. Why can't those 10-20 pts be used for special interactions and crafting and not be tied to making money at all?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Want to talk rude?

I find it incredibly rude for a brand new sim who has just popped into my house for the very first time and decides to start a conversation with "Where on the internet can I buy simoleans?"

I don't care for the practice because I've seen what it has done to the game.

But if people are going to buy them, then it should be from ea. That way that money is going into EA's pockets as profit for our game.

G

I very much agree with Dutch. By buying from EA it gives more money to put into the game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I can't say I consider it rude. Begging for simoleans is rude.

Asking a simple question about buying simoleans doesn't seem rude to me at all.

While I have never believed in paying real money for fake money, I do understand why a casual player would rather spend the extra cash than time in game to be able to purchase what they want. I would much rather spend my time playing for fake money to spend than to pay real cash for it.

If anyone asks me I tell them the truth. I have no clue where to get it because I prefer to play the game for everything I want in the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Does it sound like I'm money grabbing for TSO? Darn right I am!!!

And Gracie, I guess I'm old school because there used to be a time when that subject was very descrete.

Heck even here at stratics if we had the words buy, simoleans or ebay in the sentence, it would get sensored.

I guess TSO has truly changed since buying objects on line is just a foregone conclusion for new players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't care for the practice because I've seen what it has done to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps a kinder response would have been taking two minutes to explain the why, and not just booting them leaving them to wonder what they did wrong. Maybe they came from a game where this type of thing was allowed, ya never know. Instead of educating them (with your opinion) you ignore them. I hope you don't ever own a welcome lot... This isn't just you, I've noticed more and more players becoming a bit snobbish in game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am really enjoying the challenges of TC3 and am looking forward to the merge which orignally I was dreading for the longest time, however, while making money typing, someone stated that the payouts on typing we're going to be lowered so that sims will use the other money making objects. If this is true it's very disappointing because even those payouts are low. At maxed skill you make $250 a story. Maybe it would be better to raise the payout on the other money making objects instead. It already feels like we're working ourselves out of the great depression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed that the payout I am getting from typing is the same as it has been for weeks. Did the payout change today?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Does it sound like I'm money grabbing for TSO? Darn right I am!!!

And Gracie, I guess I'm old school because there used to be a time when that subject was very descrete.

Heck even here at stratics if we had the words buy, simoleans or ebay in the sentence, it would get sensored.

I guess TSO has truly changed since buying objects on line is just a foregone conclusion for new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, Dutch, I used to consider it a subject that was indescrete -- to say the least -- for people to be discussing simolean purchases in game. I think that is something many old timers feel, or felt. As was discussing patches, using multiple avatars to "pad" visitor time, and getting friend "balloons" by paying or making other deals. I was shocked the first time a well-known and respected player discussed in room chat how much she loved her maze botting program. She even asked us to try it out with her!

I was likewise surprised (understatement) when I found out fellow players who had purchased simoleans. They either told me, talked about it in room chat, or I found out from someone who sold the simoleans. It became clear that the days of shame were gone.

I see some of the shame coming back, this time in terms of who agrees or disagrees with the devs plans, who agrees or disagrees with the money wipe, etc. Now it has come down to a need to promote shame if someone buys simoleans from anyone except EA. Well, how silly are we gonna get?

It is one thing to be in favor of the company making money to keep your game alive and healthy. It is quite another to promote gaming issues as a moral issue. As others have pointed out, it isn't against any rules to buy simoleans or sell simoleans. If you are trying to promote the game, maybe banning and booting -- which is very harsh -- is overkill. Wouldn't it be better to woo the players, and explain why you think they should buy from EA?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Actually, I'm extremely helpful to most sims that come by my house. Most people that meet me in game I would hope vouch that I am usually polite ingame. I don't need to spell out entire conversations I have with people but I do politely tell them that I do NOT support the concept of purchasing simoleans and generally let it go. If a guest in my house wants to be a little jerk about it, they can leave my humble abode. lol

However, my house is first and foremost it's my home and my play area where I like to relax, and I have no problems with unceremoniously booting/banning/iggying smart !@# - es when they land on my doorstep.

Ok, let's talk about payouts......what if!! What if EA dropped the idea of 'buying back' simoleans, then EA wouldn't have to so tightly regulate the making of money. There still would be sims lining up to buy simoleans from the atm machines but at least EA wouldn't have to go bankrupt buying back simoleans.

Would we the players be ok with not selling back our simoleans? I know I wouldn't care either way.

G

Would we the players be ok with not selling back our simoleans?

I know I would. I'd never sell back Simoleans anyway.

And they wouldn't have to lock down the economy and drive people away. Just keep an eye out for exploits/botters. Can't have any effective competition.

C

calvinscreeksim

I wouldnt mind seeing the EA buyback scrapped, I just want to see jaws drop and the "wt* thats not fair!!!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

However, my house is first and foremost it's my home and my play area where I like to relax, and I have no problems with unceremoniously booting/banning/iggying smart !@# - es when they land on my doorstep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you didn't say he was being a punk. In that case it was deserved.

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, let's talk about payouts......what if!! What if EA dropped the idea of 'buying back' simoleans, then EA wouldn't have to so tightly regulate the making of money. There still would be sims lining up to buy simoleans from the atm machines but at least EA wouldn't have to go bankrupt buying back simoleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember anything being posted about what the exchange rate would be for EA buying back, but I would be willing to bet the farm it's going to be low enough to not make it very profitable for the player selling. This is what I think is going to create a (larger) player to player market. An example using rounded numbers:

Sally buys 1k from EA for $1.
Sally decides to quit and wants to make some of her money back.
EA offers her .10 per 1K
Sim Banker offers .20, turns around and sells for .90 per 1k
Sim Banker wins because he can buy back for more and resell for less than EA.

My question is how is EA going to profit or compete with a player doing the same thing using the above example?

G

how is EA going to profit or compete with a player doing the same thing

EA got the $1 in the first place. And if EA doesn't redeem, it won't lose $0.10 buying back the 1k of Simoleans.

S

Stikswifey

Okay who can answer whether or not the typewriter payouts went back to how they were, because after maint. tonight I am making the same I was before they decreased it...... What is the deal? I am not complaining but I just want to know what is going on once in awhile!

G

so dutch your saying that the mega corp ea should make all the money yet the middle income ppl that have multiple accounts to make some simoleans to sell should not try to make a few bucks so you want a have a have not world where there are super rich and super poor slaves if you ask me that is kind of a iletist attitude to have there is nothing wrong with a guy making a few bucks on the side

G

ronin ea dosent run this game system to put more money into it they run the system to put some money in the bank

G

Noip (TTL)
I'm sick and tired of this crap!
All this talk about who is responsible for the bad "Economy" (there NEVER was one!), and how the botters and the scammers and the stalkers and the cheaters ruined the game!
Ya wanna know WHO ruined the game?!
Huh?!
Do ya?!

EA - that's who! Because they are the ones who were in charge and in a position to do something - but they DIDN'T!!!
Save the excuses! They did NOTHING! They walked away from the game like cowards.

And now - here we all are squabbling amongst ourselves as if WE are to blame.
We are NOT to blame - not even the stupid cheaters, because they were doing exactly what was expected of them - they were cheating! EA knew it existed and they had the resources to do something about ALL of it - but they (and this is important people, so pay attention) CHOSE not to fix it. I don't care if it was hard or easy - the choice was theirs to make and they CHOSE to do nothing.
You wanna be upset? Angry? Reeeeeeeeeally ticked off? Then aim your dissatisfaction in the right direction - EA, whose 'business' decisions have been boggling our minds for 5 years.

Damn right I'm mad!

G

donavon you are absolutely right ea did nothing for all that time just sat back collected all that monthly fees didnt put anything into the game now that a bunch of ppl left for second life they decide there is a problem that they want to fix so they come up with all these changes which to me look like a second rate version of second life only harder to make a few bucks to survive so the ppl do the testing for them and be the slaves and barely be able to feed themselves now they are lowering the payout a little at a time so ppl must buy from them so they can line thier pockets further on the slaves backs that is why i dropped my account and quit cause i seen it coming to this