• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money making payouts

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, you are misinformed and you think just because what is in your head is right. You are wrong. Like horribly wrong. Go talk to a dev. I was told just the other day by a dev and it is posted on these boards(I will edit this post with the link) that the number of players currently playing is increasing.

Here is the Thread where Lee talks about more people being in TC3.

Now as far as your wrong information, they are trying to make money. Lee has said the game is in the red. That means EA is losing money. So bringing in more players and bringing back old players is a means to get this game out of the red. If you can't see that, you are naive.

Since when is the posting of ideas on the wiki propaganda?? Seriously, some of the ideas posted there have been implemented into the game in TC3 already. Please, try to share information that is verifiable instead of udder nonsense. k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a need to talk to a developer. i do very much understand what in the red means i do know several ppl now that i talk to on yahoo that are leaving when the merge happens they are just riding out the production cities till tso as we have all known it is gone which it will be when the merge happens so tc3 might be gaining some ppl, my gues its new sims not new accounts they are counting. when the merge happens and tso is officially gone then you will see a flood of ppl leaving so therefore im not wrong as you state. none of the items i have stated were in my head they were all based on playing the real tso for a long time what the developers are creating isnt tso its a new version partially based on tso which was the game we all played for years, they are creating it based on their own ideas a a few insiders not based on what the majority of ppl have wanted all along maybe instead of being a sheep and reading the wiki and dev log maybe you should go to production cities and talk to some of the older players see if they wanted tso destroyed. maybe you and some others like the new game but id say that alot more dont like the way it has changed or is gonna change. however i might be wrong, but i dont believe i am id bet that when the merge happens alot of ppl are gonna leave id suggest alot more than will start so we will wait and see what the result is. the fact that ea is trying to make money i have no issue with i never have had a problem with them making money, had they been doing things all along id submit that alot of ppl that left when the mass exodus occured to second life would never have happened , but ea simply neglected the game to the point where alot left now going beyond that the new changes arent the way to go either its supposed to be a game not work shouldnt have to work all day just to buy a chunk of wall for a house or for a couch,ppl work all day this is supposed to be entertainment not more work

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still spouting off your opinion without taking into consideration what has been posted on the blog and wiki. Since you refuse to go research at either one of those sites and you refuse to talk to a dev to get your information correct, I am done with you. I will not debate with someone who thinks what comes out of their head is automatically right regardless of what a game dev says.

Please, read both the blog and the wiki extensively. If you bothered to read the link I gave you, Lee said:
<blockquote><hr>

We are up around the mid 300's now.

w00t

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
This means number of accounts logged on not number of sims in game. Once again, please state verifiable facts. k thx.

Oh, next post, please try to use some punctuation, no one likes spending time trying to figure out what someone is saying. They will just ignore it. k thx.

<center>
</center>

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, you are misinformed and you think just because what is in your head is right. You are wrong. Like horribly wrong. Go talk to a dev. I was told just the other day by a dev and it is posted on these boards(I will edit this post with the link) that the number of players currently playing is increasing.

Now as far as your wrong information, they are trying to make money. Lee has said the game is in the red. That means EA is losing money. So bringing in more players and bringing back old players is a means to get this game out of the red. If you can't see that, you are naive.

Since when is the posting of ideas on the wiki propaganda?? Seriously, some of the ideas posted there have been implemented into the game in TC3 already. Please, try to share information that is verifiable instead of udder nonsense. k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a need to talk to a developer. i do very much understand what in the red means i do know several ppl now that i talk to on yahoo that are leaving when the merge happens they are just riding out the production cities till tso as we have all known it is gone which it will be when the merge happens so tc3 might be gaining some ppl, my gues its new sims not new accounts they are counting. when the merge happens and tso is officially gone then you will see a flood of ppl leaving so therefore im not wrong as you state. none of the items i have stated were in my head they were all based on playing the real tso for a long time what the developers are creating isnt tso its a new version partially based on tso which was the game we all played for years, they are creating it based on their own ideas a a few insiders not based on what the majority of ppl have wanted all along maybe instead of being a sheep and reading the wiki and dev log maybe you should go to production cities and talk to some of the older players see if they wanted tso destroyed. maybe you and some others like the new game but id say that alot more dont like the way it has changed or is gonna change. however i might be wrong, but i dont believe i am id bet that when the merge happens alot of ppl are gonna leave id suggest alot more than will start so we will wait and see what the result is. the fact that ea is trying to make money i have no issue with i never have had a problem with them making money, had they been doing things all along id submit that alot of ppl that left when the mass exodus occured to second life would never have happened , but ea simply neglected the game to the point where alot left now going beyond that the new changes arent the way to go either its supposed to be a game not work shouldnt have to work all day just to buy a chunk of wall for a house or for a couch,ppl work all day this is supposed to be entertainment not more work

[/ QUOTE ]

The way an online game becomes successful is its ability to attract new players. We lost the ability to attract and keep new players years ago because the game itself was flawed. Trial accounts would come and try it for a week and then just leave because the cities were overrun by simoleans and a trial account could do everything needed to be done in a week. Once you have all the skills , money, house and objects you will ever need, there is nothing left to do. And believe me, a trial account could accomplish all of that with the payouts we've had in the old cities for the past two years. Even before the big exploit the payouts had grown to ridiculous levels.

While it is good to offer incentives for old players to come back to the game, I doubt many will. The game itself hasn't changed all that much. If they left because of botters, scammers or lack of custom content, we might have a chance of getting some of them back. The real future of this game still relies on new players. Players will always come and go as they want to play different games not the same one.

K

Keep It Real

I think Gracie would like the game better if we were all issued a box to live in and money objects paid nothing at all.

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. If ignorance is bliss, you must be a very happy person. :)
Bah humbug, eh?

~Coy

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

I think Gracie would like the game better if we were all issued a box to live in and money objects paid nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure she'd only enjoy that if she had duct tape with which to tape up everyone's box over their heads. LoL.

~coy

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you would think that. I have a blast in game making money every day. So the payouts are lower. Big deal. The cost of everything is lower too. In the 5+ years that I have been playing this game, I have never had a problem earning what I wanted for the things I needed.

G

[quote
The way an online game becomes successful is its ability to attract new players. <u>We lost the ability to attract and keep new players years ago because the game itself was flawed. Trial accounts would come and try it for a week and then just leave because the cities were overrun by simoleans and a trial account could do everything needed to be done in a week. Once you have all the skills , money, house and objects you will ever need, there is nothing left to do.</u> And believe me, a trial account could accomplish all of that with the payouts we've had in the old cities for the past two years. Even before the big exploit the payouts had grown to ridiculous levels.

While it is good to offer incentives for old players to come back to the game, I doubt many will. The game itself hasn't changed all that much. If they left because of botters, scammers or lack of custom content, we might have a chance of getting some of them back. The real future of this game still relies on new players. Players will always come and go as they want to play different games not the same one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to heartily disagree with this - there are players that are still here after 3, 4, 5 years - there must be something that keeps them here.

As far as reasons people leave - maybe some left for the reasons you stated, but not all.
Myself, I left - not because of the "economy" (which never existed), or the botters, griefers, stalkers, scammers, etc - but because EA gave up on the game. Promises were abandoned, plans were shelved, improvements were forgotten.
I'm sure there are others that left for still other reasons.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you would think that. I have a blast in game making money every day. So the payouts are lower. Big deal. The cost of everything is lower too. In the 5+ years that I have been playing this game, I have never had a problem earning what I wanted for the things I needed.

[/ QUOTE ]
See?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
See?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need a box, we just need to play her way, ya know, the right way, then we'll all be happy.

FYI, the cost of everything has not been lowered!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a lame attempt at humor hon.
This thread needs lightened up.

G

Another FYI some costs have actually increased! so whee are the payout increases to match those?

Gracie honestly I DON'T think ANYTHING could affect your happiness or willingness to play this game. If the only thing we could do is login and look at the map(nothing else) I'm sure you would praise the dev's on a wonderful job and you'd still login for umpteen hours on end each day and wonder why the rest of us would complain, lol

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Another FYI some costs have actually increased! so whee are the payout increases to match those?

Gracie honestly I DON'T think ANYTHING could affect your happiness or willingness to play this game. If the only thing we could do is login and look at the map(nothing else) I'm sure you would praise the dev's on a wonderful job and you'd still login for umpteen hours on end each day and wonder why the rest of us would complain, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Gracie is just an upbeat person, I kinda admire that really. I wonder if she wakes up in a good mood too? ( I don't trust people that wake up with a smile btw)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Gracie is just an upbeat person, I kinda admire that really.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so, too. Nothing wrong with that - being a grade "A" cynic, I respect the views of those on the opposite side - it helps me keep my own *personal* perspective in balance.
<blockquote><hr>

I wonder if she wakes up in a good mood too? ( I don't trust people that wake up with a smile btw)

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here, but I try not to throw rocks at them - maybe a threatening growl...

G

What a bunch of grumps!

Not only, do I wake up with a smile, but I am chatty and ready for a lively debate over breakfast.....out.....at 6:30 in the morning. It is my best time of day!

Bet I could invite Gracie and not get my head bitten off, too.

It is not hard for people like us to see the potentials as more important than the problems.

Problems are always with us, and will either resolve themselves or not, either way, life will go on.

Potentials, however, need to nurtured, coaxed and coddled or they disappear, never to be seen again!

G

<blockquote><hr>

What a bunch of grumps!

Not only, do I wake up with a smile, but I am chatty and ready for a lively debate over breakfast.....out.....at 6:30 in the morning. It is my best time of day!

Bet I could invite Gracie and not get my head bitten off, too.

It is not hard for people like us to see the potentials as more important than the problems.

Problems are always with us, and will either resolve themselves or not, either way, life will go on.

Potentials, however, need to nurtured, coaxed and coddled or they disappear, never to be seen again!

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG - smiling people at 6:30 in the bloody a.m. - what a horrible image!

C

caroleatdesigns

And I notice Maze isn't even mentioned!! Quite a few of us are asking the question, Why are you killing Maze? Some of us like using our minds to earn money. Finding that route takes time and thought. So, what's the prob. Too many mindless Sims in the world? Don't think so, but if I sound upset, it is because I am flaming angry about this.

As the fire flows out of the mouth, PULLEEZE, give us our "money making" object.

Regards,

Carole Anne

I

imported_sedusa

As far as maze goes, for myself only, I find it hard to see the the edges of all those tiny squares and therefore its quite difficult for me to even play maze, so I dont.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

The way an online game becomes successful is its ability to attract new players. We lost the ability to attract and keep new players years ago because the game itself was flawed. Trial accounts would come and try it for a week and then just leave because the cities were overrun by simoleans and a trial account could do everything needed to be done in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TTL and musing*

Gracie, I'm not challenging your comment, only musing on it. The Sims, one of the most -- if not THE MOST -- successful EA game has the rosebud cheat that "everyone" seems disappointed to discover is not in the online version. It amuses me that the abundance of money is blamed for the downfall of, or as being the weakness of, the online version when it is the one thing dedicated The Sims players consider indispensable.

I repeat -- I am not agreeing or disagreeing, just musing. Funny how The Sims can be a big success when "overrun" by money, but not TSO.

(I, of course, NEVER used rosebud...ahem...*cough*)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The way an online game becomes successful is its ability to attract new players. We lost the ability to attract and keep new players years ago because the game itself was flawed. Trial accounts would come and try it for a week and then just leave because the cities were overrun by simoleans and a trial account could do everything needed to be done in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TTL and musing*

Gracie, I'm not challenging your comment, only musing on it. The Sims, one of the most -- if not THE MOST -- successful EA game has the rosebud cheat that "everyone" seems disappointed to discover is not in the online version. It amuses me that the abundance of money is blamed for the downfall of, or as being the weakness of, the online version when it is the one thing dedicated The Sims players consider indispensable.

I repeat -- I am not agreeing or disagreeing, just musing. Funny how The Sims can be a big success when "overrun" by money, but not TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]
The difference is that *everyone* could use rosebud in offline sims. Not everyone who plays TSO was willing to cheat or pay RL money for simoleans (or extra accounts to pizza with themselves).

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*TTL and musing*

[/ QUOTE ]
The difference is that *everyone* could use rosebud in offline sims. Not everyone who plays TSO was willing to cheat or pay RL money for simoleans (or extra accounts to pizza with themselves).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this Shari. I also want to say that I don't think that the failure in TSO can be directly related to the money aspect of the game. Nor can it's failures be based upon the original game. I think the failure came along with the fact that actual in game goals were very limited. This is why so many became obsessed with collecting rares, having top houses and the like.
Being a newbie in a game of such an environment would have to be intimidating. There would be no way to honestly catch up.
That is why I think we remained so stagnant, with the same old players dominating their cities, while newbies canceled their accounts.

With this new economy I think it will be very interesting to watch the ways people try to make money...
honestly.