• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MASSIVE CHANGE IN EA/ORIGIN SHOP / CANT BUY A ****

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without a doubt the biggest pile pancakes I have seen in a long time. Seriously I'm talking IHOP super stack pile of pancakes. What is so difficult about setting up a shopping cart. That's all you need! Why make a system that is going to check if the base game is still available???? Why would it be being sold on the site if the base game wasn't available? Am I missing something? Either way this is an absolute abhorrent display of incompetence. You're a Multi billion dollar company, please start showing it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You all can see the new page . I can't. It never fully loads. Re loaded firefox, flushed dns, disabled firewall and still nothing. It just sits with that damn partial circle spinning. My friend used my info on her pc and accessed my account.

WHAT is my issue? Help please. What I can do is cancel UO accounts and I did.
Ummmm did you delete your cookies?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Lucky I did not delete cookies, I was on the site 9/14 buying items with no issues. It changed to what I see now. I do not even see the log in under help.

Any other ideas and ty for replying. You and advisor Shadowalker are the only ones who tried to help

.IN Case this happens to anyone else who is as dumb as I am... Ad Block.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is the unfortunate reality but if I were working for Broadsword I would be shouting from the top of the tower and stomping my feet as hard as I can. If Broadsword really cared for their customers, they would be doing so right now! All I hear is silence.
How do we know they haven't? EA is preparing for the big FIFA 17 release, a game that will probably make them 3x what UO has over it's entire existence in the first few days... Where would you be placing your priorities?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do we know they haven't? EA is preparing for the big FIFA 17 release, a game that will probably make them 3x what UO has over it's entire existence in the first few days... Where would you be placing your priorities?
I am almost %100 sure that a company that is as big as EA is able to do more than one thing at a time. Just because they are preparing for one thing does not mean it is ok to simply ignore the rest of the customers no matter how small they may be.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure how they evaluate their business but I tend to view my weakest link as my number one priority to make better.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 24 hours later, Origin is still a steaming pile. Once again, EA has **** the bed with its gross incompetence and inability to manage a simple e-commerce site. Those things are literally plug and play these days.

In an interesting twist, Origin says I own the Kings Collection and doesn't even pretend to give me the option to purchase it again, it just tries to open their sad Steam wannabe.

@Mesanna Your silence in this matter is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. You are the steward of UO. Even if you cannot fix the issue, you can acknowledge its existence and attempt to mollify your subscribers. Just telling us that "Origin is aware of the problem and are working to fix it," is preferable to baffling, anger-inducing silence. Don't wait for a "newsletter" to communicate, post something on uo.com now.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to buy a 7th character slot and thought I was crazy. Glad it's not just me. Now please fix this because I'm out of soul stones and need to move skills around.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So 24 hours later, Origin is still a steaming pile. Once again, EA has **** the bed with its gross incompetence and inability to manage a simple e-commerce site. Those things are literally plug and play these days.

In an interesting twist, Origin says I own the Kings Collection and doesn't even pretend to give me the option to purchase it again, it just tries to open their sad Steam wannabe.

@Mesanna Your silence in this matter is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. You are the steward of UO. Even if you cannot fix the issue, you can acknowledge its existence and attempt to mollify your subscribers. Just telling us that "Origin is aware of the problem and are working to fix it," is preferable to baffling, anger-inducing silence. Don't wait for a "newsletter" to communicate, post something on uo.com now.
Well it's possible she's been unavoidably restrained.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And hey, now it is weekend, so surely we can't expect a single word on this in 3 days.

I'm kinda disappointed nobody in BS even commented on this. Kinda ominous. " We are aware there is a problem and are working on it." would have gone a long way. Nope.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new Origin Store won't accept my EA Card Codes and I can't even find UO 1 Month Game Time Codes on the store anyway. What the heck?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got this from UO support:

Thank you very much for all the information you have provided on this matter. The Origin Store issue is something that our team is aware of and they are currently working on a solution to get this resolved by Origin as soon as possible.

Regrettably, we do not have an estimated time frame for when this issue will be fixed. Please keep an eye on our official forum for detailed information and we kindly ask you to keep trying your desired purchase on the Origin Stores.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
Broadsword Online Games

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thank you very much for all the information you have provided on this matter. The Origin Store issue is something that our team is aware of and they are currently working on a solution to get this resolved by Origin as soon as possible.

Regrettably, we do not have an estimated time frame for when this issue will be fixed. Please keep an eye on our official forum for detailed information and we kindly ask you to keep trying your desired purchase on the Origin Stores.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
Broadsword Online Games
Which alternate reality did they send that from? WHAT official forum?!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
Broadsword Online Games
:facepalm:

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which alternate reality did they send that from? WHAT official forum?!
Well, since the new Origin store/client isn't linked to the Bioware/Mythic account management system we all love so much (which is why we don't have the "base game" and therefore can't buy anything), maybe this whole boondoggle is leading to a significant change and we get a new account management system that is linked properly to the Origin store/client and a new official forum along with it.

*Wakes up from dream*
o.0

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I mean isn't the client basically free if you subscribe after 14 days? I mean anyone that wants the UO client can get it for nothing lol

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Looks like some things are back up to buy now, but OH look at that the discount code no longer works on Sovereigns. o.0
Pity. I would have bought extras I didn't need. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM MONEY I HADN'T INTENDED TO GIVE THEM. :wall:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
two things:
1) Origin is back, everything is working as before!!!!!

2) I TOLD YOU not longer ago that UO will bring back the "OFFICIAL UO FORUM" reason some of the Devs dont post here anymore...

Login

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I know why Origin Store blocked all UO stuff. I got a promo code from EA for what was going on and here is what it says.
Discount codes cannot be used to buy virtual currency
People were reporting that they were able to buy Sov.s with the ORIGIN50 which was a bug on Origins part.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still can't seem to find game time codes besides the 30 day one, and I have to use that link to find that one.

Anyone else have luck finding them?

Sucks about the 50% code. It doesn't work for anything UO related. I was going to buy a bunch of coins if they were half off.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still can't seem to find game time codes besides the 30 day one, and I have to use that link to find that one.

Anyone else have luck finding them?

Sucks about the 50% code. It doesn't work for anything UO related. I was going to buy a bunch of coins if they were half off.
see post #132

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a shame with the 50% off code not working, I totally wanted to use that. Having never bought anything before I thought that this was the first really good deal :(

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I bought the Time of Legends Expansion around 3 hours ago and still haven't received anything.... I'm not sure how long it normally takes for delivery.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just took the Origin Store link from the CC login window, no game time offered, where are those who are finding game time offered finding it at?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs wearily*

So we can purchase again. Yay. Game time is missing. Boo.

Unsurprisingly, the 50% code doesn't work on anything UO now...even though it should clearly work on the expansion packs. Once again, UO player get jerked around. (Digital currencies were expressly prohibited from the sale.)

I was going to throw money at EA and upgrade several accounts. However, now the only thing I have for all involved is a single-finger salute.

Get your **** together EA.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I bought the Time of Legends Expansion around 3 hours ago and still haven't received anything.... I'm not sure how long it normally takes for delivery.
New customer or an unusual Bank/CC and EA will wait till your card clears, about 24 hours due to all the CC fraud going on.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like you Americans. You are so much used to being pampered by perfect customer service that you simply go mad when things don't work smoothly and nicely. In other parts of the world this kind of treatment is absolutely normal: Try to pay something worth less than 10 bucks with your Credit Card in a medium German city. Ask your bus driver in Berlin if he explains you where to find a certain place. Ask a lady in the supermarket about the ingredients of a certain sausage. You will always get the one-finger -salute and a comment like: Buy your **** somewhere else. I think Germany is the most customer -unfriendly place on this planet and that's why I am totally relaxed about this issue. It's 100% the same behavior that the Telekom or the railways (Bahn) shows all the time.

I mean, essentially you guys are right. But you are really pampered by decades of "Hello Sir/Mam, how can I help you? May I carry your bags to your car?" Lol, I mean nobody here would ever do this: "Get your fu****g bags out if my supermarket! No, you are nit allowed to use our completely shi*** customer toilet. You think you want an extra because you are 89 years old or have 5 lil kids? Go to the social services, you beggar!"

Sometimes I wish I lived at your place, haha

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like you Americans. You are so much used to being pampered by perfect customer service that you simply go mad when things don't work smoothly and nicely. In other parts of the world this kind of treatment is absolutely normal: Try to pay something worth less than 10 bucks with your Credit Card in a medium German city. Ask your bus driver in Berlin if he explains you where to find a certain place. Ask a lady in the supermarket about the ingredients of a certain sausage. You will always get the one-finger -salute and a comment like: Buy your **** somewhere else. I think Germany is the most customer -unfriendly place on this planet and that's why I am totally relaxed about this issue. It's 100% the same behavior that the Telekom or the railways (Bahn) shows all the time.

I mean, essentially you guys are right. But you are really pampered by decades of "Hello Sir/Mam, how can I help you? May I carry your bags to your car?" Lol, I mean nobody in whole Europe would ever do this: "Get your fu****g bags out if my supermarket! No, you are nit allowed to use our completely shi*** customer toilet. You think you want an extra because you are 89 years old or have 5 lil kids? Go to the social services, you beggar!"

Sometimes I wish I lived at your place, haha
I do not know where in the world you have ever been but I know for a fact bad customer service is not the norm any place I have ever been. 21 years in the Navy and I have been to many many places, so no we are not spoiled and if you let people treat you this way then it is your own fault. Or are you trying to tell us that all Germans are rude *******s.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latter, my friend. The latter. Not all but most of those working in customer service *giggles*

This was just a little complaint about our problems here. Sorry if it was gotten wrong. As I said: The criticism is absolutely correct but I am used to such nonsense over here. I your world it may be EA-specific, in our world it's everyday experience. Remember that Volkswagen Diesel-crisis? Volkswagen instantly acted in order to please the American customers. The German customers are still waiting for help - for over a year now. In our country, companies treat customers like brown-stinky rectal products all the time. EA behaves like a German company on the home market.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did you not get a code when you finish the payment? You should just have copied it from there. I did buy 1000 Sovereigns and it worked fine and I got the e-mail very fast too but did copy the code from the page, when done buying.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you not get a code when you finish the payment? You should just have copied it from there. I did buy 1000 Sovereigns and it worked fine and I got the e-mail very fast too but did copy the code from the page, when done buying.
you only get the code at the end of a transaction when you use a verified CC. if you are using a new CC, or are a new user you have to wait upwards of 72 hours to get the code.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I managed to purchase a Rustic Theme package from the Origin Store today.

I got the code immediately on checkout screen. :smile2:

BUT, no game time codes in the store right now, not even for 1 month. :frown2:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband and I wanted to buy 3 'stuff' packs each for our Birthdays next month, (Rustic, Gothic and King's collection) but of course the 'almost everything' 50% off does not apply to any Ultima products, as usual. :mad: Why do they do this, every time??