• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MASSIVE CHANGE IN EA/ORIGIN SHOP / CANT BUY A ****

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
obviousely EA or ORIGIN or whoever owns this pile of dogcake changed the design / integration to the EA games

right now you cannot buy anything for UO, at least i and 2 buddies were not...

be aware.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm... let me purchase a 3 month gametime, it brings it up when I type in 6 month and 1 month rofl.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tried and could not buy either and the have 1 month codes listed 3 times with no 3 or 6 month LOL

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or I could buy these listed 3 times like UOs 1 month Dark Age of Camelot™ 6 Month Time Code
SORRY I mean Learn More because there is no cart to put them in.
And look there is a up to %50 off sale so that is the reason LOL.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, the redesign is very...poopy. The 90's would be jealous of the inefficient left column...

Love how all the game time options are 1 month. Doesn't EA get tired of shooting itself in the foot every few weeks?

@Mesanna Release your flying monkeys against Origin!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well with the 50% off code I was going to try to get me some Sovereigns....BUT....I keep getting this pop-up and it won't let me continue with the purchase :/

NoSale.jpg

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well with the 50% off code I was going to try to get me some Sovereigns....BUT....I keep getting this pop-up and it won't let me continue with the purchase :/
:facepalm:

Which is odd, since if you choose Browse Games >> Online it displays UO stuff, though not the "base" game, unless you count a new $30 SA purchase as base (which I think any rational person would.)

Looks like another way to **** UO players out of yet another sale. "Oops, you can't buy Sovereigns due to a poorly coded store. Why don't you go play FIFA instead?"

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
has anyone been able to buy anything off the new website? - none of my guildmates can buy anything either

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
You guys know that Origin/EA Website have Nothing to do with UO right?
and yes, We were able to buy since Monday Sovereigns for 50% off, until Origin decided to change their "new" layout

Network

Visitor
You can't buy any expansions either. Tried to buy a SA key and it says must have base game. The piece of **** can't even detect base game.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sent them (Origin) a bug report on the store saying that you can't buy anything for UO.

While Broadsword doesn't have anything to do with Origin, you'd think Mesanna or Denton would lean on them to get their poop together instead of perpetually looking like amateurs.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sent them (Origin) a bug report on the store saying that you can't buy anything for UO.

While Broadsword doesn't have anything to do with Origin, you'd think Mesanna or Denton would lean on them to get their poop together instead of perpetually looking like amateurs.
I feel you are being a little harsh. After all amateurs don't claim to be professionals.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
:facepalm:

On the one hand, I don't like EA and don't especially want to give them money. So I guess it's nice of them to make it easy for me NOT to give them money.

On the other hand, I would like some sovereigns, and 50% off would have been awesome for our contest prizes. :(

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Id say the 50℅ off Code should never work for uo items. But I did. Include souveraign.

And yes. Mesanna was informed in the meantime.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Id say the 50℅ off Code should never work for uo items. But I did. Include souveraign.

And yes. Mesanna was informed in the meantime.
50% of or no, right now you can't buy them AT ALL.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even tried adding UO to my Origin program to see if it recognized that I had the base game. No Luck.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just skip buying the sovereigns and use the good 3rd party site to buy what you wanted...at a cheaper price LOL

Damn, nothing about UOmanagement and marketing is worth anything, how the hell did we make it to 19 years with the level of ineptitude we have to deal with

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does subscribing via the Mythic website still work using a card to pay monthly? I use gametime codes at the moment but can't buy them so unless this gets fixed soon I will have to go to monthly subscription.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just skip buying the sovereigns and use the good 3rd party site to buy what you wanted...at a cheaper price LOL

Damn, nothing about UOmanagement and marketing is worth anything, how the hell did we make it to 19 years with the level of ineptitude we have to deal with
The sad part is how true that statement is.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Alas... I use gametime too... I guess that if this isn't fixed soon, I will be forced into another break from the game.
C'est la vie.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, I don't think the code ORIGIN50 was supposed to work for UO stuff. I guess I shouldn't have told so many people.

I think the code was supposed to only be for the sims 4 pre order. oopsy. I'm set with sovereigns tho.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does subscribing via the Mythic website still work using a card to pay monthly? I use gametime codes at the moment but can't buy them so unless this gets fixed soon I will have to go to monthly subscription.
Id like to know this myself as i do not have my cc linked on EA's site i do it via origin and just snag a gametime code (less headaches). However now i have a huge one trying to get the damn thing to let me actually buy a code. Amazing how hard it is to toss money at a company makes you wonder why we bother for such awesome customer service.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to know this myself as i do not have my cc linked on EA's site i do it via origin and just snag a gametime code (less headaches). However now i have a huge one trying to get the damn thing to let me actually buy a code. Amazing how hard it is to toss money at a company makes you wonder why we bother for such awesome customer service.
Aye it is broken now.

I try to buy the 1 month gametime code and it tells me "Please double check that you have the base game before you continue with this purchase."

I've double checked I own the game (I HAVE JUST BEEN PLAYING IT!) but there is no continue anyway.......!

Now would be a great time to roll out the LONG awaited new account management website that they promised us was coming in early 2015...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, I don't think the code ORIGIN50 was supposed to work for UO stuff. I guess I shouldn't have told so many people.

I think the code was supposed to only be for the sims 4 pre order. oopsy. I'm set with sovereigns tho.
No, the sale was for "almost everything" according to its page, sovereigns included.

The current issue is due to their god-awful site redesign that they obviously didn't bother to test.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye it is broken now.

I try to buy the 1 month gametime code and it tells me "Please double check that you have the base game before you continue with this purchase."

I've double checked I own the game (I HAVE JUST BEEN PLAYING IT!) but there is no continue anyway.......!

Now would be a great time to roll out the LONG awaited new account management website that they promised us was coming in early 2015...

Yep its telling me the same thing... i dont even want to see the new account management seriously its bad now i wonder how much worse it can get.. lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you want to resize your house, customize it or whatever I think you better get on it. I guess Mesanna will shut down the house server so they don't all start to decay lol I keep thinking of that guy that waited 89 days to renew his account and was crying his house collapsed.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep its telling me the same thing... i dont even want to see the new account management seriously its bad now i wonder how much worse it can get.. lol
Yeah, none of us will have an account when that is done, the way things work around here

Maybe they will have to have a shard revert---1999 will be fine.... =)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I don't care who ya are, thats some funny pancakes right there!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If Mesanna just stopped in and said "Yes, I got this" everyone would calm down and have a wait. But time after time when these things happen we hear nothing and things just spiral into something crazy. Rumors start flying and all that. Completely unnecessary.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mesanna has mentioned several times that they have NO CONTROL over the Origin store....so I would suggest not asking her or the devs to fix it but go on the Origin site itself and spam them with e-mails :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes UHall threads are as entertaining as listening to Little Feets by Richard Pryor. =) But thats another story.

Remember at one of the M&G she was asked if there would be a return to Brit anytime soon, and she said something much better than that was coming that we would all love. Maybe saving us money on being able to buy stuff was it!

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ITT you can make a tinfoil ball the size of Chicago, I mean a Chicago style pizza.... :popcorn:

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna has mentioned several times that they have NO CONTROL over the Origin store....so I would suggest not asking her or the devs to fix it but go on the Origin site itself and spam them with e-mails :)

I didn't say anything about Mesanna asking to fix it but things need to change regardless who owns what. The game will continue to loose money because of screw ups like this which isn't something it can really afford to do imo..

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna should at least be able to call someone with the ability to fix problems at Origin, someone with a higher IQ than the CSR quoted above. This is a "the site doesn't work right" issue, not a "your sales strategy outside the US is bull****!" issue.