• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MASSIVE CHANGE IN EA/ORIGIN SHOP / CANT BUY A ****

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna has mentioned several times that they have NO CONTROL over the Origin store....so I would suggest not asking her or the devs to fix it but go on the Origin site itself and spam them with e-mails :)
She may not technically have any control over Origin store but having Rob Denton. President, Broadsword and Bonnie 'Mesanna' Armstrong Producer for Ultima Online both calling EA and asking what is going on has a lot more pull than us emailing Origin.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, just wow ! I'm not even sure what to say to this. Can EA screw over it's games and UO any more than it already has? I guess the answer is Yes !

First the account management fiasco and now this !

If I was Bonnies I'd be pissed !

This about sums it up :

Helpful.jpg

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was working alo for TOL update but not for storage and 7th toon plus storage packs

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The entire account management and store system is a complete and utter cluster****!!

If they really want to save what is left of UO, Broadsword need to pull their fingers out and get control of everything!

Unless of course their intention is to sit quietly until everyone is pissed off, leaves and they finally get an excuse to shut the servers down.

Its a ****ing joke! I've paid into this game for 16 years, some people longer! And this is how they treat us!...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they really want to save what is left of UO, Broadsword need to pull their fingers out and get control of everything!
BS can only do this if EA lets them. EA still owns UO and hired BS to manage UO. Getting the purse strings from EA will be like pulling teeth and we know everybody loves going to the dentist.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
BS can only do this if EA lets them. EA still owns UO and hired BS to manage UO. Getting the purse strings from EA will be like pulling teeth and we know everybody loves going to the dentist.
That is the unfortunate reality but if I were working for Broadsword I would be shouting from the top of the tower and stomping my feet as hard as I can. If Broadsword really cared for their customers, they would be doing so right now! All I hear is silence.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People, please send EA/Origin a complaint about this! Contact them via customer support of EA or Origin client and let's make some noise. It could help. No point sitting here complaining about it. No point complaining to Mesanna and co about it.
Let's complain to EA&Origin instead.

You can contact them using this:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
More people do it, the better. It is basically like voting, takes a choir and not a single voice for anything to happen fast. Please do it even if you are not currently wanting to buy junk from Origin.

That " Base game is no longer available through Origin" thing strikes me ominous as hell. @Mesanna Would be good to hear what's happening.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still no word from the UO team about this??
Apparently she said something about it on some shard at some time in game chat.

If she communicates with Origin the same way she communicates with us players, its no wonder Origin thinks the game doesn't even exist anymore. But still people kissing her *** and blaming all on EA/Origin.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apperently she said something about it on some shard at some time in game chat.

If she communicates with Origin the same way she communicates with us players, its no wonder Origin thinks the game doesn't even exist anymore. But still people kissing her *** and blaming all on EA/Origin.
It would take all of 5 minutes to simply post something on UO.com or even here on Stratics. Even if they just said the standard "we are aware of the issue" would be nice.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks..please go here:
https://help.ea.com/en/
- Select " Help with a game".
Don't pick UO, doing so only sends you to a useless loop of pre-written guides. Instead, Pick Battlefield or some other new game and dig onwards til you get an option for live chat. Wait times for their (outsourced..) customer support people are very short. It took me two mins to get to speak with a human.

The ensuing conversation will NOT fix the issue. But it will make a dot on their radar. More dots we make, the better. It's like voting or singing in choir. Just do it. Pls just do it even if you aren't about to buy stuff from Origin.

Here is my conversation with them just now:

http://i.imgur.com/n1150Wt.png

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thoughts:
  • Now i know what the Countdown means
  • Selling one month gtc for 5 platinum
  • EA exists in another universe
  • Cancel the flight for next year
  • Change payment to cc
  • What do i writing here?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There is this info on Legend Meet & Greet:

Mesanna: Greetings Zath
Zath Stoneworker: Good evening, M’lady, Misk.
Misk: Hi
Zath Stoneworker: First, a bit of unpleasant business. Origin store.
Zath Stoneworker: Is there a way for us, the community, to put pressure on them so that the store inventory is normalized?
Zath Stoneworker: I would be most okay with saying thing about the future of their knees physical integrity if that is what it will take to have stygian absyss and get high seas back to the Brazil store!
Mesanna: There is no way they are going to change the origin store
Mesanna: but
Mesanna: we are working to get it under our control
Mesanna: so you can buy off our web site
Mesanna: and have more options for payment
Mesanna: but I do not see that being finished till next year

Zath Stoneworker: That would be extremely handy. It has been frustrating to not have stygian abyss available to us.
Mesanna: I agree I have brought up these issues many times
Zath Stoneworker: Second, a small suggestion.
Zath Stoneworker: Mele fighters tend to be fun to play due to their standing power, thanks to hit life leech and hit mana leech.
Mesanna: but Origin store is not under out control.

It look like it will be hard to wait for this to get ready.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe there were delivery issues again. No worries. Gametime will be back around xmas, promised!
My accounts run out early December, I could be well into a replacement game by then and not really care.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My accounts run out early December, I could be well into a replacement game by then and not really care.
I would anytime suggest to go for it. I gave it a little break a while ago, played gta online, fallout 4 and all the likes. When I log in these days I can somehow more appreciate the little things like smashing ettins, looting 50gp from bodies or the like instead of trying to compete in the never ending rat race :) Just keep the houses alive and give it some room.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clicking the store section on the UO page sends me to a page with white on the right , black circle and some text on the left. This never changes. So, how are you guys even seeing the page? My friend was asked on the 14th to make a character name to buy an item. She did and can now see the new page. She cannot actually buy anything. I was never asked to do that. I saw text at the top of the page in blue that said if you do not sign in you will not be able to access this page after the 14th. I found no place to sign in.

So who makes money off this store? EA? If so once again we cannot give them any money. How do they hide this from the stockholders?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had one just this past week tell me their name was Ron Potter. LOL

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After having a good laugh while reading the customer service conversations above, I guess it's time to pull a post in favor of Mesanna at least once in my life :D What a thread! :popcorn:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm not blaming Mesanna for anything. But she really needs to get super active on this. When houses start falling I kinda doubt all those people will be coming back. At least some of the folks in customer service now actually know what UO is....

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
obviousely EA or ORIGIN or whoever owns this pile of dogcake changed the design / integration to the EA games

right now you cannot buy anything for UO, at least i and 2 buddies were not...

be aware.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix
I cannot complete any purchases either, but I found just the search results interesting.

Just checked and everything Ultima related shows up for me when searching for "Ultima" in the main search box, except Game Time Codes. This includes all the original (I-IX) games.

Also, Browse Games > All PC Games > MMO, brings up everything Ultima, except Game Time Codes.

Browse Games > All PC Games > Online, only has 3 results (All Ultima - Ha!).

Obviously the store has not been fully migrated from the old system to the new.

Why EA launches things well before they are ready is a mystery, but they always have, and always will. (As does almost every other developer. Must be baked into the DNA of the gaming industry by now.)

We have it better than Dark Age of Camelot though, as nothing DAOC shows up in main search, Online, or MMO.

Ouch.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a link to try....
Origin

it does show 90s but not sure if I am willing to try and see if it really works....

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
I just reactivated last night, and was hoping to get a skill token ( apparently the last time I played I had a bunch of stuff stored on soulstones, my remaining character is SW,Necro, ss, archery, healing lmao)
anyways if you look at the html they purposefully have the add to cart button disabled. I'm guessing they have not got around to finishing the store code.

on the dialog that says "You're about to buy extra content". Next to the close button there is a add button next to it. but it's disabled and hidden.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not blaming Mesanna for anything. But she really needs to get super active on this. When houses start falling I kinda doubt all those people will be coming back. At least some of the folks in customer service now actually know what UO is....
Why not, isn't she the Producer of UO and weren't they hired to keep UO going strong? She could at the very least post something to UO.COM saying she is aware of the problem as is contacting EA to get this resolved ASAP. Rob Denton should also be doing the same thing but alls we hear is silence from the people that should be yelling the loudest.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the 3 month codes seem to work... just nothing else... So poke them with a stick and make everything be treated the same way in the database as those gametime codes.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I think I like people only being able to buy 90 day codes. Sure puts a crimp in the style of the moochers who like to pay for 30 days and get 90 days free. At least they would have to pay half the time.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it'd help if everyone started reaching out to the CEO of EA, as usually is the case with the tech companies.
Writing on this forum obviously doesn't do any anymore. The lack of customer service, the dev team's attitude for everything (for whatever reason it may be), account mis-management, server down without any explanation, and now this website. Amazing.

Total Disaster and Unprofessional.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe it'd help if everyone started reaching out to the CEO of EA, as usually is the case with the tech companies.
Writing on this forum obviously doesn't do any anymore. The lack of customer service, the dev team's attitude for everything (for whatever reason it may be), account mis-management, server down without any explanation, and now this website. Amazing.

Total Disaster and Unprofessional.
Some of us have already done that, have you. Try going to Origin Help and see how many clueless people there are trying to explain this problem to us. Rob and Bonnie should be the ones calling EA not us, they are responsible for maintaining this game not the players.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah can someone post a link. When I search for "ultima" or "ultima online" I can see the sovereigns etc but no gametime codes.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to buy some sovereigns and got the popup about needing to have the game installed, click close and couldn't continue. Guess I don't really need that soulstone token after all.
upload_2016-9-16_15-23-26.png

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So it sounds like if the base game isn't available for purchase on Origin, we can't buy stuff for the game....but why have stuff available for sale if the base game isn't available for purchase on Origin.....um....

Logic does not compute.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all can see the new page . I can't. It never fully loads. Re loaded firefox, flushed dns, disabled firewall and still nothing. It just sits with that damn partial circle spinning. My friend used my info on her pc and accessed my account.

WHAT is my issue? Help please. What I can do is cancel UO accounts and I did.