• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava Lamp Game 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catwoman1966

Wonder if our missing game cards will appear..
Probably not

Cat.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

I'm making a new blog post today of an e-mail address to send bugs to. Those that are missing the cards, please e-mail that addy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Pari!!!

Cat.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I am not a dev or answering for them, but...

....from what I read, they mark who plays the cards and who get the certificate, so trading the red certificate to your BV sim does not strike me as a good idea.

If it was me, I would give the cards to which ever of my sims had the certificate...and keep the game on that sim.

Sarah may have a better solution, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that were the case then how would free players be able to play? It was said that Free Players can play but they will not receive any cards, as the subscribers do. The only way would be for someone to give them cards. But they would then get the certificate for having the cards. So I don't think it matters what sim has the cards or certificate when they do the sweep.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just throw the crab back in their faces...I refuse to be talked to like a dog, especially by players who are running public store lots by choice. The way I feel about it, if they don't want to get off their lazy asses to answer questions from players who have never played before, then the simple solution is to just not open your lot on Wednesdays, so that people can go to lots that are open with sims in them that actually *want* to help. It was actually intimated to me this morning that I was lying about not being able to read the blog post, even after I identified myself as a regular reader of Stratics and the blog, not a newbie that was just being lazy not *wanting* to find the information. I understand that there are many players who *do* fall into that category, but it isn't fair to just assume that everybody who asks questions falls into that category, especially when you're an owner or a roomie of a lot in a category that is there for the PURPOSE of assisting customers with their questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just made a note to never visit that store again

The old mentality in this game will die hard, and those who don't want to deal with the public shouldn't be in such a public house. HA The sim was just rude, she could have said anything nicer than what she said. When I landed there were rows and rows of the cards set out and so I assumed she was willing to trade, but no, she says Did you ASSUME I was willing to trade? Geese, get the cards off your main entrance if your NOT willing to trade. I could see she had 5 rows and none of them completed, I figured I could have been the one with that one card she needed. She was a roomie, not an owner. But if I know the old ways, she owns both sims and tends to play her store in her world, and enjoys being rude to nice LONG PLAYING sims like me. pffft, she won't ever see me again and all her sims will be banned from my lot. Really looking forward to visitor hours only counting from paying customer WOO HOO Maxis I love you and hope to get my First Lava Lamp despite the crabby avatars.

D

donnallg

LOL I'm glad I missed that.

I was in my own little world on my own lot trying to help players with cards.

My lot locked up too and we were lagged for about 5 minutes with just 7 sims on it.

I hate to see sims trapped on a lot. When I notice someone logging on and off of a lot that I'm on I'll IM them and let them know where their sim is.

I wish others would do the same. I'm sure they would not like it if their sims were stuck.

G

HEy everyone...(HELP!! lol)
OK regarding purple cards..I tired several times to log in and out accordin to Parizad's Instruction, still no luck. My next step is to clear my cache? but I am not quite sure how to do that? Hopefully it will help?

Next question..what exactly is a founder? does it apply to a sim that has moved into EAL since it first started?or is it that a founder has had a sim since the games ever first started?

Any help on this would be great:) Thanks a bunch and please excuse my ignorance..my oldest sim is only 158 days old! lol

K

krazzyspazz

Im in the same situation you are in on the purple cards. as for Founders...they have the original founders (the ones with the flag icon on their sim bios) and the EA Land Founders.

M

mameloot

My cards are disappearing everytime I do a trade.
I started with all 8 cards (I wrote down the numbers, as I'd heard there were problems).

My roomie isn't playing so he gave me his cards for my target color indigo.
After the first trade I lost my original indigo domino and one other color
After the second trade, I lost his traded indigo and another color
I only continued as I thought they'd reappear after signing off (closing the game) and signing back on. But they didn't.

I'm now down to 5 cards, when I should have 10.
I know the numbers of every card I should have.

Any ideas?
Would love to post this on the blog...but can't get a password. :-(

mame

D

Dogsoffour

If sims are merged into EA Land and become the oldest sims they will then getting the cards. Should I trade these over to sims who completed prior rounds of this game if I want to recieve one 'completed' lava lamp? If I don't will I be recieving 2 'half completed' lamps?

Also, while it has been said that "You may complete the game more than once." Will we be finding out later that there is no reward for extra pairs if they get taken from the same sim?

I

imported_Poppy Darling

Tagged to last

I know its only the first day but I give up. I thought that at least with 5 accounts I might just be lucky enough to have the cards for one match but no such luck. I have visited stores in the hope of finding a match but even though the cards are displayed the owner is all ways offline. The only people who will be lucky to succeed are the store owners or people with a lot of accounts. I have just been to a store where they are proudly displaying loads of completed targets.
I expected it to get difficult but not as early in the competition as this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

thanks:).. hopefully we can get some info on the purple cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Some <font color=purple>purple card info</font color=purple> can be found here, on the EA-Land blog.

G

I have a question, do the cards have to equal the exact number on the target or can they go over?

And I've not seen a response from EA on this, are these transferable to our sims that originally got the first certificate. With the BV sims moving in, my new cards landed on a BV sim.

G

Now I'm confused.

If you can make your total without using all cards and so give the extra away, is that acceptable?

M

msdpowell1

I believe it has to total the correct amount.
Don't forget the color has to match too.

M

mike1977

My oldest sim on my first account got 2 sets of cards. One after maintenance, and then later on eventually got another set. Could it be because he was homeless, and then after Dan's Grove arrived I moved him there in that area so I got hit with the distribution program twice? Sucks to hear others didn't get any at all...could be me next time...I've just been lucky so far. :/

R

Rennay

My one account got the lava crads yesterday right after DG merged, but I only got 5 cards. The target card and 2 others are missing. My email says what those other 3 cards were, but I didn't get them. I thought I'd wait until today to post as my other account had no cards at that time. When I logged on this morn, my 2nd account has all 8 cards, and my 1st still only has 5.
Anybody else with this prob and know what I should do?

I

imported_Brownie

I too have lost my Target card, but I understand I am suppose to send an e-mail, is there a link to how &amp; where I do this?

Also, this question has been asked quit a few times, but I have yet to see an answer. Can one sim recieve more than one lamp? I have a sim with 2 red certificates. Is it worth giving my other sims cards (not certificates) to her so she has both colors on both lamps? or will she only get one lamp so that one certificate is essentiallly wasted?

I

imported_fajjaa

There were a few cards that remained purple in my inventory and even when I took them out of inventory. When I removed a war table from my inventory, the purple cards went pop pop pop and now I can see all the cards now. So items in your inventory might be causing the purple haze. Just a tidbit of info. Thought this might help some people to be able to see their cards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tagged to last

I know its only the first day but I give up. I thought that at least with 5 accounts I might just be lucky enough to have the cards for one match but no such luck. I have visited stores in the hope of finding a match but even though the cards are displayed the owner is all ways offline. The only people who will be lucky to succeed are the store owners or people with a lot of accounts. I have just been to a store where they are proudly displaying loads of completed targets.
I expected it to get difficult but not as early in the competition as this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww Poppy don't give up yet. I know yesterday was tough with the rudeness, all the lockups and the errors, but I suspect as the week goes on it will get better because there shouldn't be the 'mad rush' on store lots, and hopefully the less chaos will pull the stick out of the store owner/roomie arses, so I'm not gonna try again except for when someone contacts me and tells me to meet them somewhere less crowded, until Saturday or Sunday at least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I am not a dev or answering for them, but...

....from what I read, they mark who plays the cards and who get the certificate, so trading the red certificate to your BV sim does not strike me as a good idea.

If it was me, I would give the cards to which ever of my sims had the certificate...and keep the game on that sim.

Sarah may have a better solution, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that were the case then how would free players be able to play? It was said that Free Players can play but they will not receive any cards, as the subscribers do. The only way would be for someone to give them cards. But they would then get the certificate for having the cards. So I don't think it matters what sim has the cards or certificate when they do the sweep.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tracked every single card, and free players got them from the ATM's.

"We saw cards go up for sale in stores and we also gave extra cards to people that used the PayPal cash in feature, perhaps those 2 things together allowed 16 free characters to complete the game."
Blog Wrap-up Link by Sarah

They know who played the game, by owning a pair of matching cards at the time the game ended and so earned the certificates...

...which is the basis for my opinion, that once we have a certificate, it does no good to trade them, because they are forever identified with the person who played the cards/game.

Unless of course Sarah or Parizad make an official announcement to the contrary, and say that it is *ok* to give away your certificates for the red color on your lamp, then it probably is not wise to do so.

O

oXTheSicknessXo

What do we do with the cards after we completed the game? I have em in my inventory now. I dont know if i need to put em on a lot or if its okay to keep it in my invetory..

I

imported_fajjaa

After the merges, not very many of my sims with original game pieces got the second round of cards. Does it matter which sim holds the second round set of cards. Will these new set of cards give these merged sims a new color of lava lamp?

Edit: Do the cards have to match up with the sim that got the email with the second game instructions?

K

Krystal Bell

I have a question and Im so sorry if some one has answered this already. Ive been away for a while and dont really understand how to play this game. I understand you have to add the cards up to get the total on the special card you get and it has to be the same color. Here is the question, what do you do with the cards once you get the total you need? Is there some where you turn these in?

S

sweetsimmichelle

Im still waiting for my Red Completion Certificate for completing Game 1

I've posted here, TSO-E and sent an email to [email protected] responses yet.....not sure what else I can do

*Concerned I wont be rewarded for completing Game 2*

K

Krystal Bell

I also missed the first game does that mean I wont get this lamp at the end even if I play the rest of the games?

J

JustinKase

Me too!! i spent all morning yesterday trading cards to get my match and make Blue 33 to match my target card, and i log bk in in the afternoon and it had DISAPPEARED from my inventory!!!!! I know this has happened to others but what are the Dev's doing about it? I also have Emailed the new email set up for bugs and of course NOTHING! I know they have alot going on but are they going to fix this for those of us who had our Target cards vanish or just keep ignoring the issue completley?

G

I'm thinking they put what cards you got in your mail and they seem able to track everything so if your mail says you have blue 33 as your taget card and you get a total of 33 in blue cards it should be fine. However I say everyone that has issues with the game cards should send an email to the team at [email protected].

J

JustinKase

i did msg that email address with the problem yesterday, used the bullets and all as they requested when sending msg's. Nothing has happend at all and i havent recieved any responce either. Im being told by other players that im out of luck and they never got bk there comp cert from the first lava game, so i wanted to post here hoping mabye i'd have a better chance of having issue resolved, since the email didn't seem to do anything.

<font color="red">&lt;---------GOING CRAZY </font>

We put up with the lag, bugs, downtime, and everyhthing else, yet we keep paying and deserve to have our problems addressed. I have done everything asked of me regarding this lava card game and i should be able to complete the game and get my lamp with all my colors like everybody else who puts in the work to complete the game!

R

Rennay

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but...While I'm sitting here waiting for the game to come back up, I decided to find out exactly what this Lava Game is finally. I see something about "At the end of this contest". I never got the first set of Lava cards, but I have the 2nd. Will I still get a lamp for starting at the 2nd? Or should I now just give my cards away?

G

You will still get a lamp it just wont have the color red in it.

G

It seems ALOT of people missed the red game (me included) Is it going to be re-run again so that people who did not have an opportunity to participate can, for whatever reason they didn't get to participate? I'm hearing alot say that they missed the game, or that they didn't get a completion certificate for the game, etc....it'd be awesome if there was a 'make up' time for that game so that those of us that have been around since inception can have all the colors if we choose to go through the headache of completing the game again

I

imported_Trudymac

ttl

There is a new blog entry about the lamp game and in it there is this:

"Every founder in EA-Land will get 1 lava lamp that glows white but has no colored lava in it… !"

Who are considered founders in EA Land, all of us, or original TSO founders?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ttl

There is a new blog entry about the lamp game and in it there is this:

"Every founder in EA-Land will get 1 lava lamp that glows white but has no colored lava in it… !"

Who are considered founders in EA Land, all of us, or original TSO founders?

[/ QUOTE ]

Founders of EA Land are those who have been in EA Land while it is still in beta, just as we founders of TSO were the ones who beta tested. It is possible to be both a TSO Founder and an EA Land Founder but you don't have to be a TSO Founder to qualify as a EA Land Founder

G

<blockquote><hr>

It seems ALOT of people missed the red game (me included) Is it going to be re-run again so that people who did not have an opportunity to participate can, for whatever reason they didn't get to participate? I'm hearing alot say that they missed the game, or that they didn't get a completion certificate for the game, etc....it'd be awesome if there was a 'make up' time for that game so that those of us that have been around since inception can have all the colors if we choose to go through the headache of completing the game again

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it because they did extend it a little longer. If you sent posted your concerns about not receiving the certificate then it may be taken care of or the lamp, like NikiKing said, may just not have red in it.

But my question is what does she mean by animated? Is it going to look like a real lava lamp or just flash the rainbow colors?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it because they did extend it a little longer. If you sent posted your concerns about not receiving the certificate then it may be taken care of or the lamp, like NikiKing said, may just not have red in it.

But my question is what does she mean by animated? Is it going to look like a real lava lamp or just flash the rainbow colors?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't just that I missed getting certificate, unfortunately....I didn't get any cards for the red game, and I thought I read somewhere that the games would be run a second time around to give people who did not get to complete a color for whatever reason to do so, but not allow those who'd already completed it to do it again. Maybe that was wishful thinking, but I thought I remembered reading it with all the glitches in the red game, so I thought I'd ask. I guess it's not a big deal if my lamp just doesn't flash that one color, but I'd like to have the opportunity to get all the colors if I can, that's all

G

My 2nd sim didn't receive cards. I'm trying to see if I can find the post that you are taking about. That would actually be great if we have a 2nd chance to "redeem" the red certificates. The only problem I see is what about the noobs that just joined and have a paying account. Do they risk getting trading cards?

G

<blockquote><hr>

My 2nd sim didn't receive cards. I'm trying to see if I can find the post that you are taking about. That would actually be great if we have a 2nd chance to "redeem" the red certificates. The only problem I see is what about the noobs that just joined and have a paying account. Do they risk getting trading cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean on another account? My understanding was that only the oldest sim on an account would receive cards. I've only got one EA Land sim at the moment cuz I just dont play there that much with the lag, but that was my understanding anyway.....by '2nd sim' did you mean 2nd ACCOUNT?

I

imported_MsStathamSim

*tagged to last*

Can anyone tell me where/when to find sims that are actually PLAYING the lava game and wanting to trade cards? All I've been able to find are AFK skillers and/or folks so busy making money/custom content that they won't stop to play.

My biggest beef about this whole Lava Lamp game is that they should have FIXED THE LAG before running it--I could only get on for about 5 minutes at a time while the red game was going on before the lag made it impossible to play. Guess I'll pretend to be happy with my no-red lamp.

I

imported_Betty

Come see Bob Newbee at Groovy Trade Lot. He needs green dots but has many cards left over to pass on to interested players.

S

sweetsimmichelle

<blockquote><hr>

Come see Bob Newbee at Groovy Trade Lot. He needs green dots but has many cards left over to pass on to interested players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just there &amp; did a trade....TYVM

G

<blockquote><hr>

*tagged to last*

Can anyone tell me where/when to find sims that are actually PLAYING the lava game and wanting to trade cards? All I've been able to find are AFK skillers and/or folks so busy making money/custom content that they won't stop to play.

My biggest beef about this whole Lava Lamp game is that they should have FIXED THE LAG before running it--I could only get on for about 5 minutes at a time while the red game was going on before the lag made it impossible to play. Guess I'll pretend to be happy with my no-red lamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same situation as what happened Wednesday with this orange game....paralyzing lag, rude and short-tempered sims....others afk....which is why I decided I was gonna either trade all my cards here, or wait till the weekend now that the new hardware is reputed to have taken care of part of the lag.

I too really hope they do a do-over of the red game, or heck even a color that isn't red so that those of us that needed a 'make up game' could be distinguished from those who actually earned their red lamp the first go-round, since the opposition to it seems to be 'why should they get a second chance when the rest of us worked so hard to finish it the first time'. As long as the colors add up to be the total number of colors in the game, I don't care what the colors actually *are* LOL

O

oXTheSicknessXo

Can some one please answer my question
It's on page 4.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What do we do with the cards after we completed the game? I have em in my inventory now. I dont know if i need to put em on a lot or if its okay to keep it in my invetory..

[/ QUOTE ]

It is up to you whether you want to put them on your lot or keep them in your inventory. Either way is fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My oldest sim on my first account got 2 sets of cards. One after maintenance, and then later on eventually got another set. Could it be because he was homeless, and then after Dan's Grove arrived I moved him there in that area so I got hit with the distribution program twice? ...........

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened to one of my accounts too. My sim got the first set the day cards were given out, and a second set after next days maintenance. I have a feeling it happened because I changed that sims name recently. Does anyone know what I should do about this? I don't dare trade any cards on that sim, because the second set might be removed

Edit: I have posted on the blog about it. No reply there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.