• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava Lamp Game 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zsazsa Zee

Am I missing something?
I went to a store and asked if anyone was trading target cards. I didn't get a clear answer so I asked again a little while later. One of the roomies told me that she would have to boot me if I kept asking about trading target cards. I left the store on my own and bumped into another sim who said he was booted and banned from the same store for asking about target cards.
Is their a taboo on trading target cards? Did I miss a rule?
If we can't trade target cards, then are we suppesed to fing dot cards to match all our target cards? I have multiple accounts....therefore...several of the same colour of target cards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Am I missing something?
I went to a store and asked if anyone was trading target cards. I didn't get a clear answer so I asked again a little while later. One of the roomies told me that she would have to boot me if I kept asking about trading target cards. I left the store on my own and bumped into another sim who said he was booted and banned from the same store for asking about target cards.
Is their a taboo on trading target cards? Did I miss a rule?
If we can't trade target cards, then are we suppesed to fing dot cards to match all our target cards? I have multiple accounts....therefore...several of the same colour of target cards.

[/ QUOTE ]It is not taboo to trade target cards. It is part of the game, if you so desire to play it like that, and is a tradeable card just like any of the others.

The problem isn't with trading target cards. The problem is with that particular store. If it's the store I'm thinking it is, you'd do well to avoid it in the future. (and, no, this is not an invitation to call out the store in question, so please do not try).

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Thank you Katherynne.
I was seriously wondering if I missed something.
Thank you again.:)

O

odlie merser

So I sent my e-mail to the devs about my missing cards but I have gotten no word of me getting them back and i obviously haven't got them back yet. What should I do now?

J

Justina0618

I agree, this has been an exercise in frustration instead of a game, and I hate to say that because I LOVE the new things and that fact that they are even remotely trying to make this interesting and fun again! I truly do not want to discourage the games being invented in the future!

It's just that I came in on Saturday trying to trade and by then, most of my friends had completed the game. Much like I don't like people randomly yelling out in a room "do you do payouts??" or "does anyone have money I can have to get started?", etc, I don't really like the idea of standing there in a room yelling "anyone have cards to trade??"

And I have no solution but I just wanted to give my honest opinion in case there is a chance the next round could be something other than what I feel like is begging. Please give me the scavenger hunt, give me the obstacle course where I have to do so many things (in a team? sure!) before I get it, but please please don't let it be trading cards from others. In my opinion and from the looks of some of the posts above, it is frustrating rather than fun.

Thank you for listening!

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

I have had a lot of fun finding and trading cards with others. It's a chance to get everyone to cooperate in-game and I think that's great!

Legs

J

Justina0618

That's good to hear. If the majority love it or even a few have fun, I'm sincerely glad to hear that.

Obviously I will still play because the reward is awesome, just throwing out requests in case the next round game is not set in stone yet!

G

Have you tried the big stores? Most of them seem to have an exchange program going on....and even when they are afk or busy, you will find yourself in the company of other players looking for a trade.

I have done about half my trades that way, and about half with friends. It doesn't feel like spamming or begging, under those circumstances.

What I have found to be much more frustrating, is the inventory and property limits, that make it hard to complete a trade or swap-out cards on a property.

J

Justina0618

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I sure did go to a store
and there was a sign that said they won't get you to target but I didn't understand that since I wanted to trade cards for cards just to get my target. Then I got frustrated even more because I thought that was the game, trade the 5 I don't need for 3 I need.

She ended up helping me and she actually suggested I post here if I don't like it. Not to criticize the store, she got me to target when I begged, but I hated the begging of it when I had other good cards to trade.

I also gave my extra cards since their sign said they took donations of cards you don't need, and I guess that again was unbelievable since if you have surplus why not get people to their target? With her suggestion of "doing my own legwork" and going to a skill house and randomly calling out, yes it sounds like spam to me and my old days of a newbie when I asked in a skill house if anyone wanted to pizza with me and that got me booted and banned and taught my ugly spam lesson early on in sim life!

So if card trading is easy for everyone else but me, I will suck it up and try to get here directly on Wednesday for easy game access so I won't have such slim picks next time!

Thanks again for listening, I don't mean to rant and rave about a game and by all means I don't want games not to take place in the future!

G

Actually, I can understand, to a limited extent, the not "getting" to target, because they seem to be really swamped with trades, and it is a problem, if the one trading does not own the 'target' card you need, or has problems getting things in and out of inventory because of the property limits.

Since most of them are spending huge amounts of game time on a free service, I suppose it is only fair that they get to set their own ground rules, for doing so. But it also argues for checking several stores....not everyone has the same rules.

I just hope the next one does not involve such a large number of cards.

And finally a plug for our very own Swap / Garage Sale forum. An excellent place to trade for years.
~

G

I was a little leery of asking in a skill house if anyone wanted to trade cards, too ... but I found every time that at least 5 other sims would want to trade, and now with the increased house population it didn't really matter to the group skilling number if someone got up to trade for a few minutes. And every time I did ask if anyone wanted to trade, at least one person on the property asked for more information about how the game worked and it sparked a nice little information exchange discussion.

I met some nice people trading cards this way - people I probably would never have a reason to say hello to without the cards.
I understand your frustration, just trying to offer another view.

G

***Just hitting reply

I didn't notice this posted before so pardon me if I'm repeating, but on the first day of game two, I had an Indigo target card, and however many dot cards I was supposed to. Logged on my sim this AM, and in addition to my indigo and remaining misc. dot cards, I had a new Yellow target card, and some more dot cards.

Did the Lava Game Fairy visit me during the night??

G

It seems some people did get extra cards, I dont know why or if they will count, but even if they dont count its fun to play.

G

Sorry...my sim up and moved to Calvin's Creek and didn't leave a forwarding address!

O

odlie merser

So today I logged on and got this message:

"We received your e-mail information informing us that you had missing cards and we have gifted you some extra ones..."

But, i go to my lot and looked in my inventory and nothing was there haha.

What to do now?

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

was told to put this two sticky's up .... Is this the right place....?

I didnt have alot of r/l time this time around to play the 2nd lava game.... I fear i missed this game...... Is it over yet...? I would like a shot at it if not.... (is it possible that you can extend it as you did w/ the first lava game.... See when you extended the first game.... I would of been able to play the second game.... But being that you started that one late... I fear i missed the second game... and very sad I am if I did

G

The announcement blog post included the end time.

<blockquote><hr>

Like the last game, this one will last one and a half weeks to give everyone a chance to play. The game will end Monday March 24th at 3:30 AM P.S.T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the link.

Good luck!

G

I went shopping the other day and finally could not shop anymore. I realized all the lava cards and certificate were taking space/slots in inventory. Am I correct to assume that the game pieces count as your inventory?

G

They count as inventory and as objects towards your property and object limits.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I went shopping the other day and finally could not shop anymore. I realized all the lava cards and certificate were taking space/slots in inventory. Am I correct to assume that the game pieces count as your inventory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you place them on your lot, yep they do!

My question is, is today the deadline? I scrambled and scrambled for hours and finally got my target number, and was even able to sell my extra card for more than I figured I would get for it, so now that sim no longer has to freeload in the places that she greens until I can earn more money in the city and send some to her. WOOHOO I'm happy about that. Anyway I'm up at this hour finishing that because I *think* the cards are picked up and completion certificates given in Wednesday morning maintenance.....is this correct?

Edit: NM I missed Gilly's reply to someone else.....the deadline isn't until the 24th. OH WELL I stayed up extra tonight to finish but *something* would have kept me up anyway so pffft
at least I know I got it done. If I'd completed homework early like that in school maybe I could have graduated with higher than a 3.0 GPA

G

I too hate going to lots and spamming that I need to trade cards... I have several accounts and can only see cards if i log only one account on at a time, and clean cache out each time I change accounts... this game is driving me crazy and time is running out!

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

and there was a sign that said they won't get you to target but I didn't understand that since I wanted to trade cards for cards just to get my target. Then I got frustrated even more because I thought that was the game, trade the 5 I don't need for 3 I need.

She ended up helping me and she actually suggested I post here if I don't like it. Not to criticize the store, she got me to target when I begged, but I hated the begging of it when I had other good cards to trade.

I also gave my extra cards since their sign said they took donations of cards you don't need, and I guess that again was unbelievable since if you have surplus why not get people to their target? With her suggestion of "doing my own legwork" and going to a skill house and randomly calling out, yes it sounds like spam to me and my old days of a newbie when I asked in a skill house if anyone wanted to pizza with me and that got me booted and banned and taught my ugly spam lesson early on in sim life!

So if card trading is easy for everyone else but me, I will suck it up and try to get here directly on Wednesday for easy game access so I won't have such slim picks next time!

Thanks again for listening, I don't mean to rant and rave about a game and by all means I don't want games not to take place in the future!

[/ QUOTE ]

just come to my place. I am trading cards as well and "I get you your Target", i calculate and swap with you to get you your target if i have the right cards for it.

and i for sure will not kick or ban you if you ask questions. I am a store and store owners are there to help people. also if they just have questions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just come to my place. I am trading cards as well and "I get you your Target", i calculate and swap with you to get you your target if i have the right cards for it.

and i for sure will not kick or ban you if you ask questions. I am a store and store owners are there to help people. also if they just have questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is a little something that is appropos of nothing.
Just a little factoid I thot you might enjoy.
When trading cards between 2 of my own sims, the cards in one inventory had a note that they belonged - not to my sim - but to "Hot Devil".

They did not change until I traded them to the other sim then back.
Obviously a minor bug, but definitely a "wth!" moment.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is a little something that is appropos of nothing.
Just a little factoid I thot you might enjoy.
When trading cards between 2 of my own sims, the cards in one inventory had a note that they belonged - not to my sim - but to "Hot Devil".

They did not change until I traded them to the other sim then back.
Obviously a minor bug, but definitely a "wth!" moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol to funny. dont worry hehe i would never claim it as mine

G

<blockquote><hr>

Will the deadline be extended, since EA-Land is now offline?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that must just be a reset since nothing is posted here about a long down-time. There's still a couple hours til maintenance so plenty of time to get in there and do some last minute trading unless the downtime is lengthy but I don't think it will be. Last time it went down at this time of morning for me I was able to get back in 10 minutes later.

ETA Greg posted a few posts down and said that EA Land was indeed just down for a bounce (reset) and would come back up. Working in the middle of the night on an Easter Sunday no less....the man ought to be sainted. LOL &lt;3

L

legal1lpn

So last week I had 3 completed lava cards color red, (3 cause I have 3 accounts) and today when I go to play I only have one card. So what's up with that? Not expecting an answer- just cause thats the way this game is starting to be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So last week I had 3 completed lava cards color red, (3 cause I have 3 accounts) and today when I go to play I only have one card. So what's up with that? Not expecting an answer- just cause thats the way this game is starting to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you only have 1 completion certificate? This is something that I'd send an e-mail to the bug report e-mail addy if I were you. They have said that they have record of every sim that completed it, so it might not matter that you don't have the certificate, but it doesn't hurt to double check just for your own peace of mind.

N

nobuttkisser

I have two accounts that are more than 1200 days and both are eleigible for 1910 days according to the estimation of original Founder days. now NONE of my sims have the Lava Cards.. why have I not been informed nor given these cards... it is not fair that I should be not counted nor given these cards from whatever point of play... please check my name against those in game and re-issue me the cards I both desire and should have been required to get on the onset of this game.... Thank You

P.S. Please respond in PM as I do not read all of these message boards and again --- Thank You

G

If you did not receive any cards then you will need to contact the dev team via email to: [email protected]

From the the blog

<blockquote><hr>

Groovy Lava Game Issue Reporting

Lee has spent hours going through a lot of the card issues you emailed to [email protected] (some people’s card’s got lost). If you have an issue, please email us with concise information about the name of your character and the cards with which you have a problem. We perform a series of checks before granting extra cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

G

i think this is a bug, because my red certificate disappeared, and i never got my orange one
i sent an e-mail to the dev's, and some other people have been reporting the same problem, so we'll see what happens, lol
...hopefully it gets resolved

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

i think this is a bug, because my red certificate disappeared, and i never got my orange one
i sent an e-mail to the dev's, and some other people have been reporting the same problem, so we'll see what happens, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I recived my new orange Completion cert. today and went home to look, well my red one was gone Should i be worried about this? or has it already been recorded by maxis as some of you have said? i had it for a week or more now so i think i am ok, but wanted to ask here to be sure. I havent reported it cause i figured im in the clear anyway and they have enough to worry about, but i dont want to miss out either.

P

Purdy

I received my orange certificates on Friday or Saturday and the red one was still there. I logged on today and the red one disappeared.

G

I logged into my EA Land main sim tonight and found that my set of cards was gone from my inventory (she's homeless) but my target card remained and I had not gotten an orange certificate yet. I'm not gonna panic until tomorrow sometime to give them time to finish the process but I hope Parizad or somebody will post and let us know when the sweeping process is completely done so we know for sure whether not having an orange completion certificate at that point is a problem or whether its normal at this point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I recived my new orange Completion cert. today and went home to look, well my red one was gone Should i be worried about this? or has it already been recorded by maxis as some of you have said? i had it for a week or more now so i think i am ok, but wanted to ask here to be sure. I havent reported it cause i figured im in the clear anyway and they have enough to worry about, but i dont want to miss out either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing has happened to me. I now have my orange completion card, but my red one has dissappeared. I saved the emails from Maxis stating that my account had been recorded as completing the red and the orange, so hopefully that is enough.

I

imported_Armonia

Same here have orange but lost my red certificate. What is up with this.

G

I should now have 4 Lava Lamps..2 red and 2 yellow. NONE of my sims now have any lava lamps.....the 2 red ones I had are gone and the two yellow ones I had earned through the cards are not there.
Now...logic would tell you that Maxis''' or these DEVS or whoever they are would be concerned about unhappy players???
I have complained several times in the last few months about 2 missing computers that poofed and over $500 that also poofed. I was told to write an email
To Parizid or whatever the name is. I confirmed TWICE that she received this email. She did acknowledge. Big whoopie deal.
NOW..NOTHING has been done about this OLD issue......how can I possibly expect a NEW issue to be addressed???
WHAT are you guys thinking???
You want to reward us for recommending people to this game?? Are you insane?? Why would I do that?? One person I mentioned coming back to the game said SHE IS STILL GETTING BILLED FOR THE GAME FROM TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SHE QUIT.
So folks..it looks as though we complain and complain here...all for naught. The Devs are not paid by how many problems they fix. We won't even GO down THAT road.
You cannot prove by me that anything here is EVER fixed....and now more of the same crap with missing lava lamps.
I am amazed.
HOW on earth do you expect us to bring new players here??? HOW on earth do you expect anyone to stay here?????
WHAT IS THE THINKING??? OR IS THERE ANY????

NOT HAPPY. NOT ONE LITTLE BIT.

G

From Sarah's post on the blog:

Firstly, when you complete a game we record that fact in our database and gift you a certificate. You don’t need to keep these certificates and can even delete them if you wish (but it’s nice to see how many people display them proudly!). To be clear, if you complete a game twice, we record that you completed twice., etc.

I

imported_eggchick7

Im not even worried...Im guessing the Devs will sort it out and hey..it was a nice message from them:) (Just glad I can get into the game)

G

I emailed Greg 3 times about my lost target card. Haven't heard anything. Is there a way, other than checking inventory and still not seeing it there, to find out they are working no theose sims that their target cards went **poof**? Just wanna make sure I get credit for completing this phase of the game.

Sims name Hehe Target card Orange 31

Thanks.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I should now have 4 Lava Lamps..2 red and 2 yellow. NONE of my sims now have any lava lamps.....the 2 red ones I had are gone and the two yellow ones I had earned through the cards are not there.
Now...logic would tell you that Maxis''' or these DEVS or whoever they are would be concerned about unhappy players???
I have complained several times in the last few months about 2 missing computers that poofed and over $500 that also poofed. I was told to write an email
To Parizid or whatever the name is. I confirmed TWICE that she received this email. She did acknowledge. Big whoopie deal.
NOW..NOTHING has been done about this OLD issue......how can I possibly expect a NEW issue to be addressed???
You want to reward us for recommending people to this game?? Are you insane?? Why would I do that?? One person I mentioned coming back to the game said SHE IS STILL GETTING BILLED FOR THE GAME FROM TWO YEARS AGO WHEN SHE QUIT.
So folks..it looks as though we complain and complain here...all for naught. The Devs are not paid by how many problems they fix. We won't even GO down THAT road.
You cannot prove by me that anything here is EVER fixed....and now more of the same crap with missing lava lamps.
I am amazed.
HOW on earth do you expect us to bring new players here??? HOW on earth do you expect anyone to stay here?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...this second part of the game was only for the color orange for the lamp.

W

Wella

The same happened to me too. I received a message from Maxis to say my red card was accidentally deleted and placed back in my inventory, but there was no red card in my inventory. I had received acknowledgement that I have completed the orange game and I have an orange certificate card.

Another of my sims have both their red card and orange card missing.

Most sims I've spoken to this morning are in the same boat. Maxis will do something about this I'm certain.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

I am amazed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest you to read the post about the lava game and how it works. why you should have lamps in your inventory??? we all dont have "lamps" we got the certificates for the red and orange color (no clue where you got yellow from)

you have to complete all games before you will get a lamp at the end of the final round of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.