• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last Poster Wins! (a.k.a. - Threadzilla!)

E

Elektra Rose

If this thread were to get locked for the insta-win......who would give ya'll the prize?? I don't think the person who started this thread is even playing still!!!

No matters at all this gives Chango a place to ramble and all of us to laugh at him hehe!

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Won't be a lock for that. Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh deary you of all people should know if I had actually ~tried~ to get the thread locked I could have and would have said much much worse...I was only attempting to be cute

If at first I don't succeed, I'll give up. No use looking like a damn fool. lol

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh deary you of all people should know if I had actually ~tried~ to get the thread locked I could have and would have said much much worse...I was only attempting to be cute

[/ QUOTE ]LOL I know you could do a good job of getting a thread locked with out much trouble at all!

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL I know you could do a good job of getting a thread locked with out much trouble at all!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm touched *wipes away a tear and sniffs*

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

Puppies are annoying...

[/ QUOTE ]Puppies are a lot of work. Kittens are much easier.

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

Kittens are delicious with eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]You evil man!!

C

Chango Pelon

The WAMMA released their first rankings and I must say, I am not impressed. I still think they play too much on "what ifs" instead of "what really is." Potential is not the same as current accomplishments and should not be counted on for where to rank individuals.

Ugh, I can't wait until we release our newest rankings next month...

M

MuseDeDannan

Excuse my ignorance here but, although I've gathered that you're rambling on about some kind of sport or another but honestly I can't hold back any longer ... what in the hell are you talking about? lol p.s. luv ya *smooch*

C

Chango Pelon

Mixed Martial Arts

To most they call it tough man fights or Ultimate Fighting, but it is MMA. World wide a fast growing sport integrating all styles and disciplines from everywhere.

Muay Thai
Judo
Sambo
Wrestling
Boxing
Jiu Jitsu

Popular in the US is the UFC. Gllobaly there are several organizations that have big followings.

In Japan there WAS PRIDE, now desolved by the UFC. There is also DEEP, Shooto, and K1. In Russia there is M1, and even England has a brand in Cage Rage. Others include Vale Tudo and grappling tournaments.

The US also houses the International Fight League and the WEC as well as tons of smaller shows for fighters to get there experience in before trying out in the big leagues.

My family and I are Judoka and LOVE the MMA world.

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Whatever happened to the tough man contests?

[/ QUOTE ]

steroid testing

C

Chango Pelon

Next Saturday is a fight we have been waiting for since forever.

In the UFC, the former UFC LHW champ Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell will be fighting former PRIDE LHW champ Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva and the co-main event is a re-re-match for the Interim Welter Weight title between Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre.

Also that same night is the finals for the IFL Gran Prix. Chris Hordecki is going for the Light Weight title and a few more great fights lined up.

Stay tuned for the New Years Eve fight updates...

E

Elektra Rose

<blockquote><hr>

Whatever happened to the tough man contests?

[/ QUOTE ]

They held the regionals for Arkansas at the Fort Smith Convention Center in September this year. We went and watched them there pretty good fights! I think the best fights out of those are the women (tough girl) man the beat the holy crap out of eachother lol

C

Chango Pelon

I went to an ameteur show with some friends from another web site and they ended up being short a fighter. So one of the guys with us was asked and accepted. He had no gear so we jumped through hoops to get him set up and I and another friend cornered him.

He came out with a nice kick that dropped the huge opponent who took him down after recovering and then used some illegal elbows to the back of his neck to get the TKO. Not bad for going form standing in line to get a hotdog, to fighting on the card. Just sucked he lost from those blows.

Great experience. I might get into cornering more.

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

anyone who posts after me admits that they dig beastiality.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a donkey born every minute

C

Chango Pelon

Fran doesn't want me to mention this, but I just dropped a deuce.

That is all...

I

imported_lindylou

...and had a couple of very wonderfull surprises too. So wonderful that I cried like a baby. There are angels!

I

imported_Az of DSR

<blockquote><hr>

If this thread makes it past 3000 looks I'll give jinx a mil gold cause thats just nutz, =P

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did get his million gold, but I dont think Jinx plays anymore so noone else will make there mil. Aint that nuts yo. hahaha.

Evil thread evil.......

C

Chango Pelon

Tomorrow night is going to be AWESOME!!! Wandy Vs Chuck is finally here!

C

Chango Pelon

Did I mention the rubber match between Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre?

C

Chango Pelon

If not today, then for sure tomorrow I would have. And fear not, I will give fight by fight updates for you guys.

C

Chango Pelon

Wandy VS Chuck was the HEAT!!!!

Also loved Clementi beating Melvin and throwing the DX crotch chop.

Pwn sauce

C

Chango Pelon

All I know is Shinya Aoki is about to fight at the New Years Eve event in Japan RIGHT NOW!!!

WAR AOKI!!!!!!!!!!andsomemore!!!!!!!!!

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still needs to be a lot bigger. Not sure what the exact numbers are but I am thinking over 35,000 views and tons of posts. We will keep after it!

C

Chango Pelon

Well it was a tough fight for Shinya, but he still pulled off the decision victory.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Yep.

Don't worry...Chango can tell you about A LOT more fights/fighters...that will help the thread along.

C

Chango Pelon

Next up is the LW Championship between Joe "Daddy" Stevenson and BJ "The Prodigy" Penn. Since Sean Sherk is still on suspension, he will fight the winner for the belt towards the summer maybe.

C

Chango Pelon

I could if I wanted to, I just don't want to deal with all the fame and fan fare to follow.

I

imported_Lustig Als'Holle

So, just curious (and not about to count it myself)...does anyone have any idea how SHORT this thread would be without Chango's fight updates?
Not that I am complaining, because I actually enjoy watching them sometimes, although I don't pay for the pay-per-views. And at least its not "boxing", which seems so boring in comparison (and always make me wonder why they don't try kicking each other, until I remember I am watching the minor leagues!!!)

I

imported_lindylou

I haven't counted and I don't intend to but the thread would be a lot shorter without Chango's updates. We live in a very strange world, don't we? LOL

I

imported_Fran Fury

Just imagine what it would be if Chango had been posting from the start?

<blockquote><hr>

And at least its not "boxing", which seems so boring in comparison (and always make me wonder why they don't try kicking each other, until I remember I am watching the minor leagues!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't watch boxing very much. I enjoy watching the different MMA fights though.Sometimes they are very exciting,sometimes very boring (like when Sherk fights which is why he has to get beat). There are some very good fights coming up...I am sure Chango will keep everyone updated.