• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JUST WONDERING... **PLEASE LOCK OR DELETE** thanks

I

imported_Qute Pi

Wooot!
Wow...it's somewhat surprising to see how many people enjoy the death aspect of this game...lol. Especially when there is a reviver available anyway...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wooot!
Wow...it's somewhat surprising to see how many people enjoy the death aspect of this game...lol. Especially when there is a reviver available anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannons kill? XD No wonder she's annoyed. I could see how I would be upset if I came back from afk and found myself dead. However, the owner has every right to do it on their property, and we do have lots of other properties to choose from. I don't know that I'd find it particulerly hilarious if the person wasn't someone I know, and I do enjoy talking in game, but afk has its place too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My point is that, these people are spending time at your place... giving you visitor hours... and just because they need to take care of some REAL LIFE business... that doesn't give you the right to mess with them, just because you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. If someone has to take care of real life, then thats exactly what they should do - go and take care of real life.

People that host are also playing a game - they're not there imho to babysit other people's sims, they're there to have as much fun as everyone else. If someone can't look after their own sim, then why expect someone else to?

I only wish that I had lure back in the days when I used to host. We often used to shoot someone off the piano - particularly if the piano was broken, effecting roomscore and they had dared to go afk. These days I could shoot them off the piano and then lure them to a remote part of the lot ... they'd be all kinds of confused when they came back to green.

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Wooot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannons kill? XD No wonder she's annoyed. I could see how I would be upset if I came back from afk and found myself dead. However, the owner has every right to do it on their property, and we do have lots of other properties to choose from. I don't know that I'd find it particulerly hilarious if the person wasn't someone I know, and I do enjoy talking in game, but afk has its place too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they don't always kill you the first time...Only when you haven't greened in awhile.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What's the deal with roomies shooting AFK'ers with cannons so much these days?
Or even trapping them in showers, beds, toilets, etc.
I can see if it's a friend or something, just as a joke... no big deal.

But while you're busy messing around with that... you're neglecting your other guests, who need food and/or serenades.

My point is that, these people are spending time at your place... giving you visitor hours... and just because they need to take care of some REAL LIFE business... that doesn't give you the right to mess with them, just because you can.

Yeah, it's funny the first couple of times... but after that it just gets annoying.
I dunno... I guess I just don't see the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be at Full Circle lmao....

If you must eat go home and eat! If you need social buy a cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cats don't give social.......I would not go back to a house that did that to me.

G

ttl

I have only had this happen to me once, was afk in a money house and the owner built me a room like a jail cell complete with bathroom, buffett and a jam station all to myself and lured me in there.

I stayed there the remainder of my time in the house after LMAO and throwing up actions like *runs her tin cup across the bars*" I was framed i tell ya!"

I think it is all in fun but if someone doesnt appreciate it i would say just to type in prop chat "going afk a bit please dont prank me" or something to that effect. Although some might prank ya just out of spite, i would say most wouldnt.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Wooot!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they don't always kill you the first time...Only when you haven't greened in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol see its all about enjoying yourself. You found yourself in a "sticky jailhouse situation" and you made the best of it with your tin cup.
Your imagination is useful in this game.

S

so2yosim

My cats give social!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Cause they love me, guess your's don't-sad really.

W

Whitilicious 07'

OHHHHHHHHHH wait a sec ...Were YOU shot with the cannon ????? Hmmm didn't think so ,So why in the He double tooth picks ( LOL ) are you even complaining ? If the simmies don't like it they will say somthing and never have i seen anyone not like it . You should come play with us one day/night ...someone is always there and see what a blast it can be

G

I have yet to see the cannon kill anyone, I have seen it create lakes of pee! Specially when its the Insane radios DJ's lol.
And as I said before, the afkers were friends, ppl I Do know have the same sense of humor when I shot them.
I know who the poster is, she had just left my house when she made the post. At the time, I was shooting my roomies other sim while he was afk and he came back to let me do it a few more times lol

I'm not angry with what she posted or the questions, she has every right, But I did feel I had every right to defend what I do in my own home.
Chelsea is always welcome in my home, I know she dont chat in room, thats why she has never been trapped, never been shot with the cannon, never been pooled in. She's one of the quiet ones that didnt get into the convo's, so I left her alone.

Her ideas are differant from mine, thats fine, I still believe in her and welcome her.

R

Rosebush3333

re: halana's post - "Cats don't give social.......I would not go back to a house that did that to me."

Cats DO give social, the interaction is initiated by the cat and it is the cat rubbing your legs. I find some do it often and keep social easily maxed.
You cannot click on the cat to beg for social like you can a dog with wrestle, the cats in the game are much like real life cats in that they will love you when they want.

S

so2yosim

psssssssssst! Whit......I think it just her cats......lmao!

W

Whitilicious 07'

Maybe she has a mean cat ... Come to my shop i have some nice kittys

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have yet to see the cannon kill anyone, I have seen it create lakes of pee! Specially when its the Insane radios DJ's lol.
And as I said before, the afkers were friends, ppl I Do know have the same sense of humor when I shot them.
I know who the poster is, she had just left my house when she made the post. At the time, I was shooting my roomies other sim while he was afk and he came back to let me do it a few more times lol

I'm not angry with what she posted or the questions, she has every right, But I did feel I had every right to defend what I do in my own home.
Chelsea is always welcome in my home, I know she dont chat in room, thats why she has never been trapped, never been shot with the cannon, never been pooled in. She's one of the quiet ones that didnt get into the convo's, so I left her alone.

Her ideas are differant from mine, thats fine, I still believe in her and welcome her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I see the point in leaving someone alone whose quiet, but I don't see harm in having fun with people talking. My ex and I discovered with the tickle extreme interaction, you can make a dead sim pee rivers. He wrote his name in pee across a size 8 lot XD

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

the cats in the game are much like real life cats in that they will love you when they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats for sure...

G

LOL I have a few guests that keep asking me to let them write their names in pee, maybe I should let them give it a try lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

LOL I have a few guests that keep asking me to let them write their names in pee, maybe I should let them give it a try lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Try with those who have short names first, then take a screen shot pic and post it in the correct forum section for us all to see. lol

P

Paulina

ttl

...and then there are those darn teddy bears ..they keep looking at me when i skill....almost like they are gonna jump up and...well you know what.....lol

G

LOL Paulina, as I recall, your right there molesting those darn bears with the rest of us! Ya cant play innocent with me girl!

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Paulina, as I recall, your right there molesting those darn bears with the rest of us! Ya cant play innocent with me girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I can recall, I was sitting there next to my hubby on that blue couch with a book looking at pictures *cough* learning mechanics I meant...so i have no clue what you are talking about...

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I love Full Circle, hehe. I think Kallia is halarious

Even if I was afk, which I am lot when I skill, and she shot me I couldn't be mad. I don't even know her very well and I wouldn't be mad. My sim would happily stand there in her raincoat covered in gunpowder and pee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yep I do it, I get to know the ones I do do it to. IF they have a sense of humor, they join in and help liven up the place. The house is never quiet, Its always full of everyone laughing. If you dont want to participate in the fun we have, then just say, Sorry, Leave me out of your fun. No harm no foul.

But while your sitting there not talking, not enjoying the people around you. We will be sitting there and enjoying each other, enjoying the jokes, enjoying the entertainment.

I like having a house where people actually talk to each other, a place that people seem to enjoy coming to cause they like to laugh and enjoy each other.
And its those houses I like to visit as well.
Sorry you find my house out of your league, Thats your opinion, Mine is I LOVE my house, I LOVE my roomies, and I LOVE all the people that come back day after day after day.
So please, enjoy your quiet dull skilling, I'll enjoy my fun chatty, laughing skilling.
Have fun, its a game like any other, its meant to be fun, not boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to many houses that are not full of afk silence where lively conversation is going on. They do NOT include shooting afk'ers with cannons, luring them far away from where they need to be and things like that. The luring thing doesn't bother me, especially if I screw up and afk in front of a shower or potty which I try not to do but it happens, especially if somebody clicks on the same one I do and I don't know it and therefore I trap them in the shower or on the potty. Fine, lure me away. But shooting someone who is afk with a cannon so that they pee on themselves and therefore have to spend up to double the amount of time greening is, as the original poster said just plain rude. People are at your house to skill, not to double green....I feel that making them double green is a ploy to get more visitor hours out of them, myself.

At least this isn't as bad as the house that I was at shortly after the cannons came out. This guy had his cannon at the front entrance and would shoot slow landers as they landed. Each and every one of them that he could catch. Like I said cannons were brand new, so alot less people were bothered about it than they are now, but when people were bothered by it, instead of apologizing and stopping for a while, the [censored] would boot and ban them.

Totally. not. cool.

S

so2yosim

THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO GO TO ANYONE'S PROPERTY-GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

KALLIA IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Like I said cannons were brand new, so alot less people were bothered about it than they are now, but when people were bothered by it, instead of apologizing and stopping for a while, the [censored] would boot and ban them.

Totally. not. cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is totally different then what we are talking about. No comparison!

<blockquote><hr>

THANK YOU *claps*

[/ QUOTE ]

The End? Guess not...

G

ROFL thats funny, because, I started the skill house to begin with, so that my friends with free player accounts could be roomies and get their skills LOL, I was helping friends.

When I was given the size 5 lot, with 7 shelves, 8 chess tables, I was just sitting them out when out of the blue a bunch of people just showed up and started skilling. I hadnt even opened yet, I hadnt even set up yet, and yet people were showing up. I didnt ask people to come skill. I could care less about visitor bonus, I keep my house open for one reason.

MY FRIENDS

Visitor bonus, thats a joke,,, I dont get bonus money to fill the fridges, I dont get to go to work at the factory to fill the fridges, I dont get to do much of anything come to think of it, but keep my house open so people will have a fun place to visit and have fun while they skill, instead of sitting there staring at their sim read a book or play chess. If you think its about the bonuses,your sorely mistaken, you dont know me to well..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yep I do it, I get to know the ones I do do it to. IF they have a sense of humor, they join in and help liven up the place. The house is never quiet, Its always full of everyone laughing. If you dont want to participate in the fun we have, then just say, Sorry, Leave me out of your fun. No harm no foul.

But while your sitting there not talking, not enjoying the people around you. We will be sitting there and enjoying each other, enjoying the jokes, enjoying the entertainment.

I like having a house where people actually talk to each other, a place that people seem to enjoy coming to cause they like to laugh and enjoy each other.
Sorry you find my house out of your league, Thats your opinion, Mine is I LOVE my house, I LOVE my roomies, and I LOVE all the people that come back day after day after day.
So please, enjoy your quiet dull skilling, I'll enjoy my fun chatty, laughing skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to many houses that are not full of afk silence where lively conversation is going on. They do NOT include shooting afk'ers with cannons, luring them far away from where they need to be and things like that. The luring thing doesn't bother me, especially if I screw up and afk in front of a shower or potty which I try not to do but it happens, especially if somebody clicks on the same one I do and I don't know it and therefore I trap them in the shower or on the potty. Fine, lure me away. But shooting someone who is afk with a cannon so that they pee on themselves and therefore have to spend up to double the amount of time greening is, as the original poster said just plain rude. People are at your house to skill, not to double green....I feel that making them double green is a ploy to get more visitor hours out of them, myself.

At least this isn't as bad as the house that I was at shortly after the cannons came out. This guy had his cannon at the front entrance and would shoot slow landers as they landed. Each and every one of them that he could catch. Like I said cannons were brand new, so alot less people were bothered about it than they are now, but when people were bothered by it, instead of apologizing and stopping for a while, the [censored] would boot and ban them.

Totally. not. cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being in a house AFK is pretty rude to those that want to get in to actually socialize. Aren't you the one always touting how this is a game for social players? Cannon them all right out the door!

Edit: Oh yeah and please, boycott Kallia's...I need in

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

They should lock this thread before people start getting irritated... Or before I bust a stitch laughing.

Quick, Kallia, get the cannon while I'm laughing. I might pee.

...not teasing anyone who is upset with cannon fire, so no one hate me. i just think this drama is funny.

G

LMAO I'm shooting ya right now while your reading the posts, ner ner ner ner :p

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO I'm shooting ya right now while your reading the posts, ner ner ner ner :p

[/ QUOTE ]

You can shoot me anytime Kallia my name is: chelsea mae

G

Umm, ok... THIS IS GETTING WAY OUT OF LINE HERE.

That post was EXTREMELY unnecessary.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ROFL thats funny, because, I started the skill house to begin with, so that my friends with free player accounts could be roomies and get their skills LOL, I was helping friends.

When I was given the size 5 lot, with 7 shelves, 8 chess tables, I was just sitting them out when out of the blue a bunch of people just showed up and started skilling. I hadnt even opened yet, I hadnt even set up yet, and yet people were showing up. I didnt ask people to come skill. I could care less about visitor bonus, I keep my house open for one reason.

MY FRIENDS

Visitor bonus, thats a joke,,, I dont get bonus money to fill the fridges, I dont get to go to work at the factory to fill the fridges, I dont get to do much of anything come to think of it, but keep my house open so people will have a fun place to visit and have fun while they skill, instead of sitting there staring at their sim read a book or play chess. If you think its about the bonuses,your sorely mistaken, you dont know me to well..

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say bonuses, I said hours Hours are what make you #1, not bonuses. If you didn't want people to skill there, you could have put your house on admit list and admitted only your FRIENDS at any time. Still could. So either do that or stop complaining about how you 'never get to do this' and 'never get to do that' as if you're a martyr sacrificing your own fun for other people's happiness. You're not. It sounds like you're having it at some of their expense.

T

TrustMeInc

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say bonuses, I said hours Hours are what make you #1, not bonuses. If you didn't want people to skill there, you could have put your house on admit list and admitted only your FRIENDS at any time. Still could. So either do that or stop complaining about how you 'never get to do this' and 'never get to do that' as if you're a martyr sacrificing your own fun for other people's happiness. You're not. It sounds like you're having it at some of their expense.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It used to be that people could come here and talk about general concerns like you started this post and Dame started hers, and when it became about specific lots, usually at the point that these *persecuted* people *defended* themselves, the posts would get locked because we are not supposed to be able to talk about specific lots in negative ways. I'm wondering what happened to that rule.
In both cases had these people not *defended* themselves nobody would have known whether or not the posts were about 'specific' lots, or which lots they were about. This is WHY it should stay that way!

S

so2yosim

PPFFFFFFFFFFTT!!!
SHE LIKES MEETING NEW PEOPLE!!! DOH!!!!!!!!
And new people come to love her daily! THAT is why she is #1!!!!!!!!!

KABOOM!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

MY FRIENDS

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot...kettle?
Stone....glass house?

Who are you telling people who they run their house. You are the GUEST there nothing more. You are welcome to never go to a house you dislike. You are not however entitled to tell others how to run theirs.

Take your own advice and stop complaining about it and go elsewhere.

T

TrustMeInc

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot...kettle?
Stone....glass house?

Who are you telling people who they run their house. You are the GUEST there nothing more. You are welcome to never go to a house you dislike. You are not however entitled to tell others how to run theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU *claps*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

MY FRIENDS

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot...kettle?
Stone....glass house?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original post, I said I disliked *any* house that had this practice, not just this person's in general. My next reply was *to her* because she played the victim card saying how she was being so selfless doing this when she had no plans to do it in the first place and yada yada yada. Give me a break. There are no hosts who are victims. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Just because you are doing something that you 'don't wanna do but feel like you have to' does not give anybody the right to be rude to people just because it is 'in their home'. There's just things that lack common courtesy and class. Treating a guest in your home like crap rather than just booting them if they are doing something that you find so offensive, makes you no better than they are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. not. cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being in a house AFK is pretty rude to those that want to get in to actually socialize. Aren't you the one always touting how this is a game for social players? Cannon them all right out the door!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading all these posts and somehow you seem to have lost the fact that there was never anything RUDE going on. The people getting blown up were friends. They thought it funny and willingly went along. The original poster did not say she was blown up, she said it was happening while she was there and she didn't understand it.

To get the record straight, Kallia has never been rude when I've been there (and that's about 10 hours a day) - I've never seen it and can't imagine that I ever will.

S

so2yosim

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. not. cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading all these posts and somehow you seem to have lost the fact that there was never anything RUDE going on. The people getting blown up were friends. They thought it funny and willingly went along. The original poster did not say she was blown up, she said it was happening while she was there and she didn't understand it.

To get the record straight, Kallia has never been rude when I've been there (and that's about 10 hours a day) - I've never seen it and can't imagine that I ever will.

[/ QUOTE ]

**Clap,clap,clap**

KABOOM!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

MY FRIENDS

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot...kettle?
Stone....glass house?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original post, I said I disliked *any* house that had this practice, not just this person's in general. My next reply was *to her* because she played the victim card saying how she was being so selfless doing this when she had no plans to do it in the first place and yada yada yada. Give me a break. There are no hosts who are victims. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Just because you are doing something that you 'don't wanna do but feel like you have to' does not give anybody the right to be rude to people just because it is 'in their home'. There's just things that lack common courtesy and class. Treating a guest in your home like crap rather than just booting them if they are doing something that you find so offensive, makes you no better than they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, you don't like it. Don't go to *any* of those houses. To whom your post was geared towards is irrelevant to the context of my reply. If you don't want to experience something, don't go there. You have the right to leave someplace. You have the right to ignore someone. You have the right to express that you don't like their actions, but frankly you are being just as rude as anyone else with your pompous rhetoric. Again, Pot calling the kettle black.