• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JUST WONDERING... **PLEASE LOCK OR DELETE** thanks

G

What's the deal with roomies shooting AFK'ers with cannons so much these days?
Or even trapping them in showers, beds, toilets, etc.
I can see if it's a friend or something, just as a joke... no big deal.

But while you're busy messing around with that... you're neglecting your other guests, who need food and/or serenades.

My point is that, these people are spending time at your place... giving you visitor hours... and just because they need to take care of some REAL LIFE business... that doesn't give you the right to mess with them, just because you can.

Yeah, it's funny the first couple of times... but after that it just gets annoying.
I dunno... I guess I just don't see the point.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

But while you're busy messing around with that... you're neglecting your other guests, who need food and/or serenades.

My point is that, these people are spending time at your place... giving you visitor hours... and just because they need to take care of some REAL LIFE business... that doesn't give you the right to mess with them, just because you can.

Yeah, it's funny the first couple of times... but after that it just gets annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be at Full Circle lmao....

If you must eat go home and eat! If you need social buy a cat.

G

Maybe theyre so bored because no one is saying anything. Just another way to fill time!

I've actually never seen that before but how RUDE!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be blatantly honest and admit that I enjoy doing all of the above way too much. It is mostly with friends, but mostly because I never host a full house. I have a feeling if I did, I would probably continue to do the same thing. I would kind of get a feel for who would be able to take the joke and who wouldn't prior to actually shooting and/or trapping....although the ones who can't take the joke are probably more fun to shoot and/or trap. It is a shame building supplies are so expensive and budgets are so tight...caging people is another of my favourite hobbies. I've always wanted to make a people zoo.

G

Yep I do it, I get to know the ones I do do it to. IF they have a sense of humor, they join in and help liven up the place. The house is never quiet, Its always full of everyone laughing. If you dont want to participate in the fun we have, then just say, Sorry, Leave me out of your fun. No harm no foul.

But while your sitting there not talking, not enjoying the people around you. We will be sitting there and enjoying each other, enjoying the jokes, enjoying the entertainment.

I like having a house where people actually talk to each other, a place that people seem to enjoy coming to cause they like to laugh and enjoy each other.
And its those houses I like to visit as well.
Sorry you find my house out of your league, Thats your opinion, Mine is I LOVE my house, I LOVE my roomies, and I LOVE all the people that come back day after day after day.
So please, enjoy your quiet dull skilling, I'll enjoy my fun chatty, laughing skilling.
Have fun, its a game like any other, its meant to be fun, not boring.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

Yep I do it, I get to know the ones I do do it to. IF they have a sense of humor, they join in and help liven up the place. The house is never quiet, Its always full of everyone laughing. If you dont want to participate in the fun we have, then just say, Sorry, Leave me out of your fun. No harm no foul.

But while your sitting there not talking, not enjoying the people around you. We will be sitting there and enjoying each other, enjoying the jokes, enjoying the entertainment.

I like having a house where people actually talk to each other, a place that people seem to enjoy coming to cause they like to laugh and enjoy each other.
Sorry you find my house out of your league, Thats your opinion, Mine is I LOVE my house, I LOVE my roomies, and I LOVE all the people that come back day after day after day.
So please, enjoy your quiet dull skilling, I'll enjoy my fun chatty, laughing skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

chelsohmaticxoxo = POWNED!

G

Never did I specify which house, or houses I was talking about... I've been to quite a few that have done stuff like this, and it's against TOS to name names, so I'm not doing that... I was just curious why people do it.

I never said anything about not having fun at anyone's house, and I do talk when I'm skilling... IF I have something to say.
Usually I'm busy with other things online, or other things in RL, so I'm not always "there" when skilling.

It's not like one person being afk is gonna ruin the "fun" of the house.

As usual... my post got blown out of proportion

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

awww sweetheart I love you even though you shoot me with cannons lol and put a twinkie at my foot. Really this is crazy Kall is the most sweetest person and skill house and shes not RATED number 1 for doing nothing. Everyone loves her. If they didn't she wouldn't always ALWAYS have a full house

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

Never did I specify which house, or houses I was talking about... I've been to quite a few that have done stuff like this, and it's against TOS to name names, so I'm not doing that... I was just curious why people do it.

I never said anything about not having fun at anyone's house, and I do talk when I'm skilling... IF I have something to say.
Usually I'm busy with other things online, or other things in RL, so I'm not always "there" when skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to many houses open this late.

*BOOM*

W

Whitilicious 07'

Full Circle ROCKS!!!!!!!! I get shot all the time ( Whitney'), get blocked by objects and water put around me do i complain NO its a BLAST . That why they are #1 , ppl come back for the fun and laughter of the place . The roomies are great and never once have i seen anyone refuse to cook if needed ...they cant read your minds so ASK FOR IT , if you needs songs go jump in a bed plenty of them there , talk to the person next to you gesssss ...All u have to do is ask and they are there !! They are always busy busy they will jump for anyone wanting in and i have seen them have 3 roomies ,3 i tell ya, jump so 1 person can get in . How sweet is that ?? We make fun of eachother and a few of us even get into some heated debates about the game ...Its all fun . And there is skilling in the bathroom if you dont want to be shot . So come join the fun and laughter we all have i promise it will make you wet your simmie panties LOL. And just the other day there was only one roomie so i brought in my extra sim so she could sing to everyone so the roomie could get some of the 247 skilling awww wasnt that sweet of me ...LOL .

G

I never said anything BAD about anyone.
I just simply asked a question.

And it's not ONLY at skilling houses... I've been to several money houses that do the same thing.

Keep attacking me... I'm done responding.

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

Join the club on a post getting blown out proportion.... I posted the Laptop and CC and got blown out LOL you have blown my posts away several times. OH and my LAPTOP is still doing fine after my nephew told me what to do hummmm

Look for the Incredible Hulk DS game to come to a store near you in June My nephew created it. I have the first game WOOT

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

I never said anything BAD about anyone.
I just simply asked a question.

And it's not ONLY at skilling houses... I've been to several money houses that do the same thing.

Keep attacking me... I'm done responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. No one attacking you here. *Big Hugs*

*Takes out knife*

W

Whitilicious 07'

Im really sorry u feel like your being attacked here but ...that stratics you know when something is posted you are going to get the good and the bad . I have never seen a store do it !!

G

I'm not attacking ya hun, I'm just saying, This is how I play my game. Everyones entitled to play their game how they see fit. What makes you happy thats for you to decide.
I like the way we do things over at full circle, I love every minute of it since I've been back. The new friends I've made being my crazy self, the old friends I've found once again, I love every minute of it.
Like Jesse said, dont want to play our way, chess and shelves in the bedroom/bathrooms to stay out of the line of fire.
Just cause we like it, dont mean everyone else has to.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I know who you are talking about and I have become a regular at that property. This person does NOT neglect her guests. Far from it. She gives some of the best service I've ever seen. Please go to the nearest lost and found because you've obviously lost your sense of humor.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe theyre so bored because no one is saying anything. Just another way to fill time!

I've actually never seen that before but how RUDE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not rude. She's having fun...Now if she was neglecting her guests, it would be rude, but she definitely doesn't. I am there almost every day and have a great time. Can't complain about the service at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I know who you are talking about and I have become a regular at that property. This person does NOT neglect her guests. Far from it. She gives some of the best service I've ever seen. Please go to the nearest lost and found because you've obviously lost your sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I had to chuckle
. Have the people that have been shot with the cannon or stuck in the shower said anything at all to the people doing it? If not they might accepting it as a playful jesture.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your house...it's my favorite place to skill. I am usually an AFK skiller but not at your place. It's always fun. Keep up the great work!

G

Okay, so one last thing... The fact that I don't understand what's so hilarious about shooting someone with a cannon or blocking them while they're trying to green... has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I have a sense of humor.

And in my own defense... I have a great sense of humor, quite honestly.

And while I've never personally expereinced any of this... I HAVE seen people get upset over it... and I have had friends that were at certain houses with me, send me a message talking about what's going on, and how they think it's rediculous.

The only reason I keep going back to houses, despite the way they are run, are because they are the only houses open that provide the services I'm looking for... whether it be a certain money-making object, OR skill.

I guess from now on, if I don't like something about a certain house... I'll just find somewhere else to go... which is what I should have done in the first place.
Instead of wasting my time, only to be attacked for expressing an opinion or simply asking a question.

Probably won't hear too much from me on this site anymore, since you can't say anything without it getting misunderstood, and starting a riot.

THE END

B

blueidblondie724

i can see both points here.. but it all depends on the circumstance(s). i am guilty of both,(being afk while skilling and having a little fun, i guess, at other people's expenses) but [so far] in different aspects.

if you're like me you see this game as not so much a "social" game to meet and make friends, but you love it for the artistic aspect blooming here. i used to go to the skill houses and chat here and there, had a good time, and continued on.. but, since CC opened and more and more doors open in terms of "ability to create", i have found myself spending most of my time uploading the cc i have created while passing the time "skilling". i make most of my money selling these cc creations and have a blast creating as i am an artist in real life, but i also enjoy a shift or 2..or 5.. of work, and lately i have gotten demoted because my skill level decreased, so i must go to a skill house and keep the level at a decent median to prevent this.... i always make sure to say "hello" on arrival, leave a tip when i leave, and i dont bother anyone while afk, and have had no such issues. i just want to do what i need to do so i can earn the $ i work for..

being a prank player myself, and noticing the extreme corruption of this game lately (in terms of ea screwing us- and i mean all of us- except the bots), i totally would not take such a thing seriously and probably "call" the person doing it to me on their [censored] and have a good time. but, i can also see how someone would take it wrong. some people are just not sarcastic and that is perfectly awesome. put yourself in their shoes- it probably seems like you are being extremely rude to them because you have not let them "know" in advance you are just having fun and are trying to get them to join in on the fun...

i can also see how the home owners and roommates might be skeptical of a person who enters and stays awhile without saying anything, and see them as a possible "bot". i think communication as to what is acceptable in your home (afk allowed or not) is key in a property's description, and if you are visiting a property and would not like this done to you, simply say a friendly "hello" upon arrival, that you got some things to take care of, that you will be afk, and you would like to let them out of all the other properties collect your visitor hours, so you will be skilling away and not to take it "rudely" if you do not say much.

-lori

G

I've had so much fun at that house - roomies are great too. It's not like they are shooting real people - we are sims...lol

Just saying; if you don't like a house - don't go there. That's what I do - I stay away from house if I don't like the owners/roomies or what is going on there. But there is a reason Full Circle is number one - and that is because it's a great place to be - for some of us anyways...

K

Katiebeth

I have not had the pleasure of visiting this lot but hope to perhaps in the future.
My question is, an not say for this lot in particular, but why shoot, trap, etc. the AFKers? Is it for the reaction for when they return (if they haven't died by now due to the recent bomb attacks while away)? I can only assume from everyone's posts on this topic that not only the afkers are being trapped/attacked by stray bombs. I, myself, have had many laughs of doing the same before the merge with close friends but playing with the afkers is new to me.

L

ladywolf

I live at the house in question, I only live there cause kallia has threatened my life if I move out. Most of you know me and many of you have seen my my cries for help. Please help me. Take her cannon.. do something......anything.....

Okay that was the roll playing me.

To the original poster, you've skilled at our house many times, how many times have you heard a protest? I know never. cause she only traps or shoots friends.

T

Terra Pin

I know it's already been said, and I really don't think you've been attacked here OP
but the cannon shootings are hysterical to some people. I'm one of them, I'm a total sicko, yes.

I think there are two types of sims in this world, the quiet normal ones who go about their daily business of skilling and working, socializing amongst themselves.

Then there are the not so normal sims who delight in pee puddles, torturing the maid, pretending to be bears... Some even go so far as to force their friends to die repeatedly on their lot to collect tombstones for a giant cemetery. Or build giant two story ovens to cook their roomies favourite teddybear!

*ahem* But I digress. So the why is... some people do it for the entertainment value. I understand there are some people who might be irritated by it, but honestly, there are so many lots open that are nice and staid and quiet, you do have choices. If one place isn't your style, then move on

Also on the point of afk'ness, and I am NOT referring to the type of afk where you put your sim on autopilot and go back and forth in rl. I'm talking the people who set their sim to skilling and plunk something on the keyboard and LEAVE for the day until a roomie has to kick their sorry starving stinky self off the lot. I think THOSE people are beyond rude, especially on the busy lots, taking up a space from people who are waiting to actually play. Unless you've permission from a roomie of course. Anyway, that was my rant for the day

PS... Miss you Kallia... hi to everyone at the lot, kisses to all the bears! I'm testing over in TC3 but I'll be back home soon

Madra/Mairi

B

brendagfrie

TTL

With all the changes and grief lately I thinks its refreshing to put some playfulness back in the game. I visited this house and had a blast and plan on going there many many more times in the future and any other house that plans on pranking me as well, laughter burns a lot of calories and I got a lot to burn.

G

Ok, I go to said house repeatedly. I was there last night djing. At one point, I was getting my system ready to dj.. and when i came back? I was shot like 5 times in a row! I don't understand it. I never said anything wrong to anger anyone. I am a nice and respectful person... and this horrible horrible person shot me over and over again...

hehehehehe

Ok. The fact is, if you don't like something, tell someone. Send an IM to the owner or roomie asking for this not to happen. If you don't tell them, then they won't learn nothin'.

G

Yeah, right, Duncan... I saw you standing in front of the cannon, begging to be shot....

G

Only if the CC statue of me would have shown me being shot by the cannon. That was the only way. Besides, if you don't want to be shot, don't go afk and run when the cannon shows up next to you... lol

That's what I always do

I

imported_Qute Pi

I haven't been to any place like that, no wonder I'm missing all the fun.......

T

TKSpeedy1

Oh, and one more thing I forgot....Read the description of the dang canon. It's being used for the intended purpose.

G

LOL Duncan you did look really cute in that pink tutu and beads lol

G

This is disgraceful behavior... You should now allow Kallia to get away with this. You should boycott her home!

There, now I can get back in without a waiting line

*Boom*....*pees a river*

G

Yes Whitney I was very appreciative that you brought your alt to come in and sing so I could get some of the 247% skilling. XOXOXO to you. We are sometimes so busy caring for the guests that we miss out on the hyper skilling. *hugs* <font color="purple"> </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the roomies as well and enjoy playing around and torturing my friends and they enjoy it as well. We have never once neglected any of the guests even though some are very demanding and don't ask nicely and don't tip. We don't care, I have an alt that I send to work to help pay for the hc we supply and we always give serenades. We never pick on anyone who we don't know or doesn't understand our humor. If you don't like it than don't come to the house. I love Kallia and all my roomies as well as our crazy, nutty guests. FullCircleLogicNMech is the da best house.........w00t, w00t!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. She didn't name names. She just asked a question. She didn't attack anyone, so there no reason to gang up and attack her.

I don't know the effects of being hit with a canon, and its never happened to me, but I don't see any harm in it except that when you come back ya might feel like the butt of a big joke you weren't in on. My advice is if you don't like that, just try another place. But I personally don't think I'd shoot anyone afk with a canon. I'd be more likely to shoot people who were annoying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AGAIN, she DID NOT name a specific house or attack anyone. That comment was out of line.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an idea...Do you have a cannon? If not you can borrow mine, we'll get a bunch of ppl to volunteer being hit with it, and then you can see what the point is...or not. lol.
Anyone who posted they enjoy this, we need volunteers, so um...I'll just add ya to the list. mmk?

G

I think its funny. Those are the houses I LIKE to visit. I would laugh my butt off if I came back from AFK to see that. I do miss the lure interaction.

W

Whitilicious 07'

Im in , Where do i apply to be shot it's a blast

I have read all of the post and NO ONE IS ATTACKING HER ( I dont see a cannon in here ) LOL . Why does ppl keep saying that , ok if it wasnt that house then why get your feathers ruffled about it . And if you didnt want anyone to reply then it shouldnt have been posted ...As i said before u will get the good and the bad with a post . And all we are saying is Kallia house ROCKS ...

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Im in , Where do i apply to be shot it's a blast

[/ QUOTE ]

*check* kk
Do we get to shoot you twice? Because, you know...once isn't as fun.

W

Whitilicious 07'

You can shoot me till im dead as long as you will revive me
Wooot everyone can take turns ...OMG i have a fantastic idea ...How about we plan a date for everyone to die and have a house full of GHOSTS woooooooooooooot ... Im all excited now

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok sounds good!
I can revive, no problem there. I can lure too so don't stay afk too long at any given time...

Death date set for this weekend at my welcome property, that way we can explain it to the newbies right away and they'll know to expect it.

G

LMAO Since I can never seem to escape my house, I'll be sure to send one of my many other simmies over to join in. I love coming back from afk to find i've been tortured, just means someone wuvs me lol
Hugs ya'll

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO Since I can never seem to escape my house, I'll be sure to send one of my many other simmies over to join in. I love coming back from afk to find i've been tortured, just means someone wuvs me lol
Hugs ya'll

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll send my extra to your house that way I know when your paying attn to your house, and I'll be sneaky at my house with your extra. lol.