• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just seems to get worse :(

• Thread starter imported_MollyG
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

We can and will take all needed actions.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part of this 10 page topic is good advice ??

[/ QUOTE ]

He replied to Niki's post, and her post WAS good advice, so I'd say that's what he was talking about, that the bots will be dealt with, one way or the other, which is FABULOUS news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the replies he could have chosen to reply to in this topic he choses that 1 sentence reply by a fellow mod ??? and they wonder why people are feeling ignored....

[/ QUOTE ]

To clear up the terminology, Lee is a Dev, he is not a mod he works for EA. I am a mod, I am not a dev, I do not work for EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly who he is, but thanks for telling me

[/ QUOTE ]

Then stop calling him a "fellow mod" and people won't think you think he's on the same rung of the ladder as Niki and the other mods. He's not. He's not even on exactly the same rung as Parizad, who is our Community Rep, but he is closer to her position than he is to Niki's.

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

Are you suggesting that soon even the premium players will not be able to make money in-game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Carrie, that is exactly what I am suggesting. As long as you have a bunch of players running around generating Simoleons the most efficient way the know how, the economy will NEVER balance, whether they use macros or not.

<blockquote><hr>

This is a huge chunk of game-play, what do you think they'll replace that with, and if we can't make money through moneymaking objects, what will be the purpose of skilling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made this point before. TSO was designed in the first place to have an economy that revolved completely around player-generated money. Forcing it into a balanced economy disables so much of the original design that it would have been better to simply start over.

CherryBomb

J

jackdoe

CBrewton5, you and everyone else knew what i ment by calling him a "mod" here......Basicly it comes down to this....as long as you dont bad mouth the game or the work the devs are doing then everything is fine....the devs will come here and chat to the mods, the mods will keep re-asuring the devs that all is fine...its like they are the boss and the mods here are the PA's who will always tell them everything is fine, keep up the good work....

But if you have a complaint or a suggestion that goes against the devs new vision of the game, you are labled an anoyance and a "whinger" and completly ignored....

Thanks for taking the time to reply to some of your PAYING customers concerns Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Are you suggesting that soon even the premium players will not be able to make money in-game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Carrie, that is exactly what I am suggesting. As long as you have a bunch of players running around generating Simoleons the most efficient way the know how, the economy will NEVER balance, whether they use macros or not.

<blockquote><hr>

This is a huge chunk of game-play, what do you think they'll replace that with, and if we can't make money through moneymaking objects, what will be the purpose of skilling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made this point before. TSO was designed in the first place to have an economy that revolved completely around player-generated money. Forcing it into a balanced economy disables so much of the original design that it would have been better to simply start over.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

You may very well be right....I've been thinking about your Adam Smith references. Along with that you also have to remember John Nash's revision.

Adam Smith said: Individual ambition serves the common good.

to which John Nash expounded by saying "The best result comes from everybody doing what's best for himself *AND* the group".

I believe IF we can put Nash's principle there into practice, getting a large chunk of people, though obviously not everybody because you will always have me me me sims running around....that we can work together and figure out how to work as a unit and all come out better in the end for it. That means all of us making sacrifices, all of us making compromises, all of us putting work in and all of us looking past the end of our noses not only to our own goals, but to the 'finish line' which is the ultimate success of the game. Problem is, I'm not sure we have enough of a chunk of players willing to do that.....in fact I fear we don't, but if players don't realize that's what's necessary, it is very very soon going to be too late.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I challenge you, CBrewton5, to buy land, build a lot (doesn't even have to be a size 8... how about a 6?) and furnish it completely with decent stuff paid entirely from catalog priced goods "for the good of the game".

Let us know when you have that completed. It is for the good of the community and EA Land, after all. Oh never mind, you would have to buy all your money from the ATM for it to be "for the good of the game". pffft.

BTW I have made many suggestions on how to improve this game and don't just sit back and wait for EA to do it all. You don't know me so don't make your usual ASSumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not one who came from a production city with an inventory full of stuff, so I am not one who is contributing to the recession currently. I *have* been putting the simoleans I make back into the economy, leaving my sim darn near at zero most of the time, either by paying tips, buying a bit of CC, so on and so forth. I cannot accept your challenge because I am already a roomie somewhere, and moving out of that house would leave him on a lurch, so if you have a challenge I can complete without having to do that, then I will be happy to entertain the notion, but I'm not gonna screw somebody else in the process, sorry, nor am I not going to tip the places I skill at and make money, freeloading off them in order to buy objects, yet.

Here's a compromise. Migrators from the production cities came over with chocked full inventories. Instead of ditching EVERYTHING as I said I would were I in that position, how bout every person ditch 10-15 midline price items and buy those fresh. That will still leave you with a leg up, but will still do *something* to pull us out of the recession.....would you consider that a bit easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought a few simes over from the production cities and I was loaded mostly with crafts but I brought many other items as well. I gave 1 house 7 pianos and 2 houses i gave fountains to, I contributed to a few stores some pizza tables and maze machines. I also gave some of the homes crafts because I figured it was too hard for them to get out to make money while running a busy lot. I wouldn't change the way I did things becasue I had the money in BF and AV that was earned over a 4 1/2 year span. I don't thin my desicion was wrong since it benefited many sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

CBrewton5, you and everyone else knew what i ment by calling him a "mod" here......Basicly it comes down to this....as long as you dont bad mouth the game or the work the devs are doing then everything is fine....the devs will come here and chat to the mods, the mods will keep re-asuring the devs that all is fine...its like they are the boss and the mods here are the PA's who will always tell them everything is fine, keep up the good work....

But if you have a complaint or a suggestion that goes against the devs new vision of the game, you are labled an anoyance and a "whinger" and completly ignored....

Thanks for taking the time to reply to some of your PAYING customers concerns Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The mods are paying customers for the most part, if not every single one of them, so they have just as much right to be heard as do the rest of the customers in the game, that's first point.

Second point, I am, nor have I EVER been, a mod or in any way associated with or employed by EA, and I have voiced concerns, yet more often times than not my remarks are directly or indirectly anwered. Why? Because I don't *exclusively* gripe, and when I do gripe I usually manage to make it constructive, adding in good points to balance the bad. When I don't, you can bet I'm having a bad day IRL and will feel bad about it either as soon as I've hit send, or in the days following. I'm not perfect, we all have bad days, and nobody expects anybody to be 100% positive and sunny, but nor should you be 100% gloomy and negative, which is very close to where some posters are. Can you not see how that is detrimental to the overall morale of the game?

J

jackdoe

i have been constructive and given many suggestions but like i said, they go ignored and people only pick up on and quote my bad-mouthing of the game...

But so be it, i will go back to my game and keep my opinions to myself like a good boy.....maybe then the devs will answer my questions if i show i have been turned to their way of thinking

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I challenge you, CBrewton5, to buy land, build a lot (doesn't even have to be a size 8... how about a 6?) and furnish it completely with decent stuff paid entirely from catalog priced goods "for the good of the game".

Let us know when you have that completed. It is for the good of the community and EA Land, after all. Oh never mind, you would have to buy all your money from the ATM for it to be "for the good of the game". pffft.

BTW I have made many suggestions on how to improve this game and don't just sit back and wait for EA to do it all. You don't know me so don't make your usual ASSumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not one who came from a production city with an inventory full of stuff, so I am not one who is contributing to the recession currently. I *have* been putting the simoleans I make back into the economy, leaving my sim darn near at zero most of the time, either by paying tips, buying a bit of CC, so on and so forth. I cannot accept your challenge because I am already a roomie somewhere, and moving out of that house would leave him on a lurch, so if you have a challenge I can complete without having to do that, then I will be happy to entertain the notion, but I'm not gonna screw somebody else in the process, sorry, nor am I not going to tip the places I skill at and make money, freeloading off them in order to buy objects, yet.

Here's a compromise. Migrators from the production cities came over with chocked full inventories. Instead of ditching EVERYTHING as I said I would were I in that position, how bout every person ditch 10-15 midline price items and buy those fresh. That will still leave you with a leg up, but will still do *something* to pull us out of the recession.....would you consider that a bit easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought a few simes over from the production cities and I was loaded mostly with crafts but I brought many other items as well. I gave 1 house 7 pianos and 2 houses i gave fountains to, I contributed to a few stores some pizza tables and maze machines. I also gave some of the homes crafts because I figured it was too hard for them to get out to make money while running a busy lot. I wouldn't change the way I did things becasue I had the money in BF and AV that was earned over a 4 1/2 year span. I don't thin my desicion was wrong since it benefited many sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for the record, nor do I. That was very altruistic of you to do, and it will still probably mean that you will replace some items, which was the point I was making. Every sim that buys items, the more items the better, will provide drains for the economy which will in turn raise the payouts. Those sims that you gave the pianos and crafted items to will still have to buy stuff like showers, potties, kitchen furniture, chairs n other stuff, so I don't believe you thwarted much of anything, if anything at all.

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for the record, nor do I. That was very altruistic of you to do, and it will still probably mean that you will replace some items, which was the point I was making. Every sim that buys items, the more items the better, will provide drains for the economy which will in turn raise the payouts. Those sims that you gave the pianos and crafted items to will still have to buy stuff like showers, potties, kitchen furniture, chairs n other stuff, so I don't believe you thwarted much of anything, if anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my view point I don't believe that to be true. One home I actually bought household items that i already had from my AV home so this skill house could be set up to accomodate 30 sims. Without skills most sims will never get out of the hole. I make 52$ with a maxed skill as opposed to 10$ on money making objects and I work the money lots most of the time. The simoleans accumulate quicker then what people think. One sim has nearly 70k just from painting. I did this as a test to see how fast I could build my bank account. It took me about 1 month. I work most of my sims along with selling my crafts at a very reasonable price considering the economy and I buy alot of CC plus I leave good tips. I think it was a good idea and it has help many other sims.

Skills are needed to make money, and money is needed in order for the economy to expand. I don't see what the big deal is. I bought 3 houses within the 1st week when my sims we're created in Ea Land since lots were only $300.. I skilled higher and went back to the money house's buying a new furnishings everyday. And i'm talking about the best items on the market since those items we're very reasonably priced as well.Today I have two size 8 lots and one size 6 that I have lent to another sim to use as her store. The houses are very nicely built I might add. Now payouts have dropped and prices have went up but i'm all set and if I can do this, why can others? Since this has been accomplished my income made goes into savings. My new goal is to reach 1 mill.. I have no timed deadline but I plan to keep working until I make it happen. Now for those who want to blame everyone for thier failures, you have no one other then yourselfs to blame and your the ones who are holding the economy back, Ill make a jam for $50 anyday of the week because the hard part is over for me now. Get on the move. Or sit and wait for payouts to go back up...IT CAN BE DONE!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't see penalising the rest of us, by proxy, when all the botrunners will do is register a few more free accounts, and not really be penalised at all.

[/ QUOTE ]All I'm saying is that doing so will accomplish nothing but make the problem worse - for themselves and everyone else in the game.

However, that's all academia. In reality, a free account cannot use money objects, and therefore cannot benefit from bot use.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Of all the replies he could have chosen to reply to in this topic he choses that 1 sentence reply by a fellow mod ??? and they wonder why people are feeling ignored....

[/ QUOTE ]Let's get one thing straight here:

Niki does not work for EA. She is a regular player just like you and I. In fact, everyone you see here bearing a blue, green, or grey shield are regular players, just like you, who are also volunteering time with Stratics. They, like Stratics, have absolutely nothing to do with EA or in the development of the game. We just happen to host the game's forums.

D

dirndingle

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't see penalising the rest of us, by proxy, when all the botrunners will do is register a few more free accounts, and not really be penalised at all.

[/ QUOTE ]All I'm saying is that doing so will accomplish nothing but make the problem worse - for themselves and everyone else in the game.

However, that's all academia. In reality, a free account cannot use money objects, and therefore cannot benefit from bot use.

[/ QUOTE ]Where are we talking here? EA Land or TC3? I just saw an ad the other day offering to sell me simoleans on TC3. So, on TC, bot accounts are free, and even though they can't cash to real money through EA, they're still making money somewhere, and still having an undue effect on the economy of TC3. And On EA Land, I am sure the bot runners won't mind shelling out 10$ per for a few new accts. when they can make that back and then some. That's why they are there in the first place.

I'm confused because I thought the payouts were already low on EA Land. Maybe it's because I am a returning player who has been out of the loop for a while, so I should probably just shut up.

Were EA Land's payouts reduced last Saturday as well? I don't know and I can't check, because I am in the billing loop right now, but have paid to resubscribe and am awaiting further instructions from support/billing.

A

Areeland

I agree that the situation with this game has gotten worse. I was a beta tester for TSO. I was there for the bugs and mishaps that occurred, and the game was released too early just so the company could bank some cash. Beta testing was the answer to fixing bugs and problems, all of which should have been done before the games release. Because of the problems, all the promises made , even in the games advertisement was never met. Now, with the paying subscribers, they are getting away with beta testing all over again to create a new TSO, which is completely different from the original, and using the excuse they were going to cancel the game, so if you want it to go on, you will just have to put up with everything they dish out to you...or quit. I made the choice to quit, and cancelled all 5 of my TSO accounts, including my founder account. I commend the Devs for wanting to try, but...at what cost? Fixing something to this degree with people that are laying out their own cash is a no win situation, for the Dev team, and the players. Both sides are frustrated. The Devs see they are trying to save it, why isn't it appreciated, and the paying subscribers want to know why they are paying to get nothing back in return, and can't even play the game half the time. I love TSO, I will miss it greatly, and already do, but I miss TSO, not this game they are turning it into. I also will not pay real life money to a game I already subscribe to in order to have money to make a living...in a GAME.
It was my relaxation, it has now become too much work to deal with.
Please forgive me for ranting, but being a terminal patient, and having something as wonderful as TSO was, taken away, is one of the saddest moments I have had to endure. Feel free to flame me now for my opinion, just had to say what I felt , for once in my life.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where are we talking here? EA Land or TC3? I just saw an ad the other day offering to sell me simoleans on TC3. So, on TC, bot accounts are free, and even though they can't cash to real money through EA, they're still making money somewhere, and still having an undue effect on the economy of TC3. And On EA Land, I am sure the bot runners won't mind shelling out 10$ per for a few new accts. when they can make that back and then some. That's why they are there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]I hadn't considered TC3. You're right, they can certainly set up shop there with unlimited free accounts. At least they wouldn't be able to contaminate EA-Land - much. Yes, they can shell out for paid accounts in EA-Land, but what happens when the account gets banned? How many different billing profiles can they create?<blockquote><hr>

I'm confused because I thought the payouts were already low on EA Land. Maybe it's because I am a returning player who has been out of the loop for a while, so I should probably just shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]They are low -- and if people keep bringing new bots online, it'll just keep getting lower.<blockquote><hr>

Were EA Land's payouts reduced last Saturday as well? I don't know and I can't check, because I am in the billing loop right now, but have paid to resubscribe and am awaiting further instructions from support/billing.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate that billing loop! Seems to be affecting a lot of people, giving new (re)subscribers a bad first impression!

Anyways... It's possible that payouts dropped again. They probably periodically increase as well. It's part of the same system that periodically lowers or raises skilling speeds, among other temporary "surprises".

G

Gaby

Just sitting here going through all the posts and i got to thinking about something....

the low payouts are to get rid of the botters,but it only punishes the ppl who spend all day trying to earn thier money.Which are the ppl complaining about the low payouts(myself included).
But I haven't seen one "botter" complaining.... why do you think that is? B/c they don't care ,they don't sit and stare at a paint easel or pizza table or jam till thier sim is waving its hands...nope, they start with $0 and come back later to "free" money.They spend a few minutes greening then start again...they don't care if the payout is low b/c they didn't actually have to take the time to earn it.
But for ppl like me...I spend a lot of time trying to earn money and it starts to feel like a 2nd job. I'm not greedy but I do like to have things and be able to feed my guests ... which btw is expensive.I spend about $3500-$4000 when I have my skill house open, on food alone.Not to mention the maid, gardener, repairs and repairman(sometimes u just can't wait the 14 or so sim hours for him to come back)

And I know some will say I'm just "complaining" b/c it may not be the most upbeat post. But I'm not, just stating my opinion and experience.Simply making a point.
I feel that the players who try to earn the money in a honest way, by working for it (jobs,money items , etc..) are being punished b/c of the bots.But yet our voices seem so small ,if heard at all.:(

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel that the players who try to earn the money in a honest way, by working for it (jobs,money items , etc..) are being punished b/c of the bots.But yet our voices seem so small ,if heard at all.:(

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, however, this is not new. Since the advent of OWP, the non-cheaters have been paying for the actions of the cheaters. The people you should be blaming are the cheaters who decided to try to contaminate our new world (EAL and TC3) *not* our dev team for combating them, because not combating them would piss way more people off, and would end up with us probably inside a year with the messed up situation we had before even prior to the last great exploit that really exploded things....which really wasn't a whole lot better off. Yeah, payouts were higher, but prices for rares and things were 10x higher or even more than that, so that you still had to work for months on end if you didn't go to a gargantuan payout house. The one exception now is that people are having to work for lots and furnishings too, on top of rares, so it just *seems* harder because we are starting at square one. If less people were set on getting their own property, and instead threw in their hat with someone who already had a property in a category that they wanted to be in, then I think they'd find things were alot easier working in groups than trying to work alone....which is the way things have always been meant to work, but things were so easy players didn't *have* to work together, which lead to less socializing, which lead to higher epidemics of semi to full afk for extended time, which lead to boooooredom!!! *yawn* So, when you think of it like that, somebody explain to me why the 'old' way was so great and *if* it was so great why the game was not anywhere near what it needed to be to be anything other than a black mark on the record of EA?

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i for one, do complain and all of you posters know that. But you know what? the devs DO respond and answer my questions. They are just very busy and may not get to us when we want them too, but they are always there. If i dont get the answer i want, or when i want it, it is probably because it was already answered in another post and i just missed it. but either way, i got the answer. Sometimes, yes i do mention that I feel that you have to be of someone important in game to get an answer, but that is not true. It just happens to be on a day that I am really worried, scared about things in RL or just not having a good day. but trust me, they do answer, sometimes, i may just have to re-ask the question.

G

Gaby

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, however, this is not new. Since the advent of OWP, the non-cheaters have been paying for the actions of the cheaters. The people you should be blaming are the cheaters who decided to try to contaminate our new world (EAL and TC3) *not* our dev team for combating them, because not combating them would piss way more people off, and would end up with us probably inside a year with the messed up situation we had before even prior to the last great exploit that really exploded things....which really wasn't a whole lot better off. Yeah, payouts were higher, but prices for rares and things were 10x higher or even more than that, so that you still had to work for months on end if you didn't go to a gargantuan payout house. The one exception now is that people are having to work for lots and furnishings too, on top of rares, so it just *seems* harder because we are starting at square one. If less people were set on getting their own property, and instead threw in their hat with someone who already had a property in a category that they wanted to be in, then I think they'd find things were alot easier working in groups than trying to work alone....which is the way things have always been meant to work, but things were so easy players didn't *have* to work together, which lead to less socializing, which lead to higher epidemics of semi to full afk for extended time, which lead to boooooredom!!! *yawn* So, when you think of it like that, somebody explain to me why the 'old' way was so great and *if* it was so great why the game was not anywhere near what it needed to be to be anything other than a black mark on the record of EA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never blamed the dev team....I was talking about the botters. And yes I blame the botters.And, I never said the "old way" was so much better. All I'm saying is I spent many hours skiiling to max out for painting...and I only get about $23-$31 a sell, if there are a lot of sims painting. If not its about 12-16 with max skill. And yes, I created a sim in EAL.No money,no objects,no skill...and have earned enough to have a nice money house with the best greening stuff.( it took me about 9 days of constant painting to earn the money and a few rounds of pizza here and there)
I just have a hard time understanding how this could be the only way to combat the botters????
All I'm asking for is that the payouts match the skill a little bit better.I mean , is
$50-$60 a sell on paints at maxed skill too much to ask for? I don't think it is...

G

<blockquote><hr>

All I'm asking for is that the payouts match the skill a little bit better.I mean , is
$50-$60 a sell on paints at maxed skill too much to ask for? I don't think it is...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't *think* it is, and I do appreciate the fact that you're managing to stay constructive, while expressing concern.
There's too many pieces of the puzzle we don't have, though. I don't understand how they determine what to put the payouts at in a given time in their bot thwarting plans, but I'm pretty sure that they don't just pick a number out of thin air, so there's got to be SOME kind of method of calculation, if not logic to it. They can't tell us what that method of calculation is, either, because based on previous history it *is* a certainty that if they share too much detail publically, the bot creators just make their bots that much smarter to combat the things they put place, such as the screen shift that was supposed to work and didn't, and how the bots have gotten around OWP.....so now the only way to keep the bot-makers in the dark is to keep us all in the dark
. It IS frustrating, especially to the newly-returning players who vividly remembers how easy thing used to be. My method for dealing with it thus far has been to put more effort toward skilling than moneymaking, at least beyond what I need to keep tipping my hosts....in the hopes that in the immediate future (weeks and months to come) EA will nail more of the bot makers and as we see them disappear, the need to keep such a tight lid on things won't be so apparent. In the meantime all we can do is when you see somebody behaving suspiciously (we all know the classic ways botters *red flag* themselves to those of us that have been around), immediately IM Lee or Parizad, or if neither of them are on, send a detailed report to the in-game reporting system, and they can send a message to the player(s) in question, to check and see if they answer. I don't suggest harrassing them alot, because that can backfire and end up getting *you* in trouble for harrassment, but we can do our parts by turning in the reports and letting EA do the investigating. Beyond that, all we can do is white knuckle for a while longer, and rethink our goals based on the new reality rather than what used to be possible, because I'm almost certain that even if/when every single botter is gone, we'll never be able to do what we once could, but at least perhaps payouts could get back up to where they were a couple weeks ago, which still had some sims bellyaching, but not quite as many.

G

Why can't it just be as a simple as creating a program specifically searches for bots?

Put them on a seek and destroy mission.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why can't it just be as a simple as creating a program specifically searches for bots?

Put them on a seek and destroy mission.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds simple enough, in theory. However, making it a reality isn't as simple as it sounds, I am sure. From what I understand bots just replicate mouseclicks, so the only way to detect a bot would be a very precise pattern in gameplay. I'm sure the botters would just find a way around this by including randomization in their programs.

G

If thats the case than the combination of being online for countless hours at a time and the 'set' clicks would help. If they take the average a player spends online and the set clicks than....

G

im not sure about these bots. Im no computer whizz but i dont see how the bots can just replicate mouse clicks. I have been to one of the websites that sell these bots, and several of the bots claim to be able to green ur sim which means it has to actively seek out greening items. Thats not just replicating a mouse click. Or at least i dont see how it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

im not sure about these bots. Im no computer whizz but i dont see how the bots can just replicate mouse clicks. I have been to one of the websites that sell these bots, and several of the bots claim to be able to green ur sim which means it has to actively seek out greening items. Thats not just replicating a mouse click. Or at least i dont see how it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

My memory could just be fuzzy but I recall a dev stating this to be one of the reasons the bots are so difficult to trace. Maybe it wasn't a dev. It could have been a player. It could have been on Stratics, the blog, or the wiki. I'm not sure. I'm also not sure the RoC here allow me to explain the details that I remember, so I'm going to play it safe and not at least until I reread them.

G

I could be wrong but wasn't it stated before that they were trying to find the bot users? That is why they keep raising and lowering the pay outs. What better way to do it than to lower the pay outs? Oh....maybe it was they lowered the payouts to stop the bot users. lol what ever, I'm going back to skilling.

G

Wow....you really like to stretch things don't you.

I can understand your being upset with the amount of money your geting from single objects but it is a job your choosing to do after all. When you no longer are being paid what you feel your work is worth, then why don't you choose to change jobs?? Free agency to choose the job that pays the best. What differance what the job is as long as it pays better than what your doing? Especially if it truely is money your after? Why complain about it? Make a smart choice. Isn't that what a game is all about? Chalenging us to make the smart choices? Making smart choices in the game helps you to be a winner. I'm sure complaining and threatening hasn't got you anywhere.....oh yes it has .....it's gotten you a whole lot of attenion, lol example? look at the length of this thread. What a waist of time. I'm going back to skilling.

G

Wow...I just had to stop skilling long enough to applaud you statement. Very well put!!!!

G

oh come on people just do what the cheerleaders want use the atm machines to pull ea out of the financial jam they are in then pick up the pom poms like they do and chant go dev go make our life worse we need lower payouts and higher costs more so we can hit the atm again

everything that has happened is so obvious they add atm then lower payouts and keep cost high how hard is it to figure out that you need to use the atm so they make more money

either get the pom poms and open your wallet or join the botters since they arent gonna find you since they arent looking its been stated in other threads that they arent that concerned about them this whole change in the game has just been a big scam to drain more money from wallets of course this post is gonna get flamed by the cheerleaders so rah rah ppl

G

<blockquote><hr>

oh come on people just do what the cheerleaders want use the atm machines to pull ea out of the financial jam they are in then pick up the pom poms like they do and chant go dev go make our life worse we need lower payouts and higher costs more so we can hit the atm again

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am considered one of the *cheerleaders*, but I have never, nor will ever encouraged anybody to go hit an ATM in game....in fact, quite the opposite. I did say we need more economy drains, since it's only when we spend more simoleans that the payouts will go up. Right now people are trying to hoarde simoleans, and that is part of what is contributing to the problem, as well as the bot problem we all know exists. If I was going to support EA further, there are far more effective way to do that.....namely converting a free account to premium, and therefore not just giving them a one-shot hit like you would in an ATM, but a steady stream income, which is what is going to save the game, not bursts here and there of one-time ATM transactions. Premium accounts get $500 free simoleans from EA per week, plus the ability to earn all the simoleans they care to take the time to earn in-game through the legitimate means we're given. That same ATM transaction amount would give you less than $9800 simoleans one time, and then not anymore till you spent more money. No thanks, doesn't seem like a very frugal way to budget the $10 I was gonna give EA to fund the future of the game to me.

G

Thurs. 7:12pm Eastern, lag so bad it's really not possible to play. I'm paying, but not really playing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thurs. 7:12pm Eastern, lag so bad it's really not possible to play. I'm paying, but not really playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of lot are you on? Skills, money, job, etc.? I'm wondering if my theory of a problem *with* the job lots holds any merit, since as I said I do notice I get more lag on job lots than other kinds of lots, because of the extra movement/animations on the lots.

K

Kendalyn

"...If you feel a free account would better suit you at this point, that is up to you, but I hope you will give it some time before making a definite choice."

A free account gets you nowhere in EA Land, except into residential. What is the purpose of these free trial accounts? You can't see what the new EA Land is all about unless you go to test center 3, which is nothing special that's for sure.

Go to Second Life where a free account gives you the opportunity to make money at a job, camping, or whatever your little heart desires. If you choose to become a land baron then pay the $9.95/month and start buying up land.

I spent 2 days in the test center and EA Land (Residential only) I didn't see anything impressive or different from TSO. Since they limit free trial accounts to basically not be able to try out the new game I won't be paying the $10/month just to try it for 30 days. Give the real free trials and maybe you'd get more players back, otherwise, they will keep losing them to Second Life, WOW, THERE, and etc...

K

Kendalyn

<blockquote><hr>

everything that has happened is so obvious they add atm then lower payouts and keep cost high how hard is it to figure out that you need to use the atm so they make more money

either get the pom poms and open your wallet or join the botters since they arent gonna find you since they arent looking its been stated in other threads that they arent that concerned about them this whole change in the game has just been a big scam to drain more money from wallets of course this post is gonna get flamed by the cheerleaders so rah rah ppl

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA I loved your post!!

-Obviously not a cheerleader!

G

How do you know you haven't seen any "botters" complaining here?

G

Wow this thread is really going a long way now. Here are my 2 simoleans. Some people love the fact they have to work for their money. Some don't. Some new people want full access for 2 weeks. Some don't. The point I am trying to get across here is no matter what the game does, you will never be able to have everyone be happy at the same time. There are problems in the game that need to be fixed ASAP. Namely the bugs. Those will be looked at after the merges are completed. Everyone (and I mean everyone... look at the 9 million posts on this topic) has an opinion. Voice it here. Hopefully we won't lose too many players between now and when everything gets fixed.

S

Shadowbay

I agree going to cancel all 5 of my accounts and Im a founder thats stuck it out through everything its just sad now

Z

ZoieSim

Dose Anyone Know When This Whole Cap Thing Is Going To End ?? This 3K A Week Cap Sucks Big Time !! They Say It Wont Effect 98% Of The Players, But It Seems Like Its Effecting Everyone.

What About The Payouts When Will Those Go Back To Normal ?? The Payouts Are Horrable I Dont think that anyone is even pizzing anymore because of it.

Last thing lol the whole glitch thing with the Cc pics when someone puts the frame up with the Cc made picture alot of people dont know that everyones bio has the same pic as the Cc dose anyone know when that bug will be fixed ?