• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just seems to get worse :(

• Thread starter imported_MollyG
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

LOL true, thank goodness we dont all find the same things amusing! I remember meeting a player back in beta who was really pissed that there was nothing to shoot in TSO...he said if I cant kill anything why am I here...see ya!

G

<blockquote><hr>

And before the "Well, what about the new players?" discussion begins, if I recall the only reason land was so cheap was so that we could quickly build up our own properties so that the EA properties could close. Now there are already plenty of money houses, skill houses, houses of EVERY category that there isn't a NEED for them to quickly spring up. Now we're onto the phase where we support each other rather than have EA support us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa! Hold on there, partner.

You're saying there are enough houses that new players should not be concerned with having a place of their own? Like us older players who acheived *our* goals/lots with help from EA? Help that is NOT available to them?
Sounds to me like, instead of supporting each other, the new players would be supporting *us*.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As to the negative impact on payouts - I doubt anybody feels their "tiny" bit of involvement is going to make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]Have you ever seen A Bug's Life?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh - you're not going to present an object lesson from a cartoon, are you?
If you are - I see your "Bugs Life", and raise you a "Die Hard".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

And before the "Well, what about the new players?" discussion begins, if I recall the only reason land was so cheap was so that we could quickly build up our own properties so that the EA properties could close. Now there are already plenty of money houses, skill houses, houses of EVERY category that there isn't a NEED for them to quickly spring up. Now we're onto the phase where we support each other rather than have EA support us.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying there are enough houses that new players should not be concerned with having a place of their own? Like us older players who acheived *our* goals/lots with help from EA? Help that is NOT available to them?
Sounds to me like, instead of supporting each other, the new players would be supporting *us*.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I said could easily be perceived as that, and I can see why, it was my fault for not being careful with my wording.

Everybody deserves an equal opportunity to own a home, yes. I agree. I'm just saying the reason EA did what they did was so the city could become functional. I jumped the gun with that post which, unfortunately, isn't unprecedented.

What I am trying to say is hard to word without sounding like I'm against new players, or players who don't devote a lot of time to the game. This is not the case. As a society we don't need lots to be purchased, as we did on Day 1. However, a person should still have the right to one.

If that makes any sense. I'm totally contradicting myself, I know, mostly because I don't know how to word what I'm thinking.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<u>What I said could easily be perceived as that, and I can see why, it was my fault for not being careful with my wording.</u>

Everybody deserves an equal opportunity to own a home, yes. I agree. <u>I'm just saying the reason EA did what they did was so the city could become functional.</u> I jumped the gun with that post which, unfortunately, isn't unprecedented.

What I am trying to say is hard to word without sounding like I'm against new players, or players who don't devote a lot of time to the game. This is not the case. As a society we don't need lots to be purchased, as we did on Day 1. However, a person should still have the right to one.

If that makes any sense. I'm totally contradicting myself, I know, mostly because I don't know how to word what I'm thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a problem - posting in a forum with no inflection, gestures, body language, etc. can convey a confused message.

Yes, getting EA jump started was the goal in the very beginning.
And most of us went right to work building up the city (and ourselves), because payouts - while not large - were very generous compared to what they are today.
Then - EA pulled up the drawbridge by lowering payouts and raising prices. So, anyone who wanted to get into the castle had to swim the moat and climb the walls. Those of us already inside weren't affected as much.
Soooo, it probably sounds a little... patronizing... of us to tell them "everything will be - ok. Just wait."
It sorta like a lifeguard telling a drowning swimmer to "just be patient" while he paints the lifepreserver.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not a problem - posting in a forum with no inflection, gestures, body language, etc. can convey a confused message.

Yes, getting EA jump started was the goal in the very beginning.
And most of us went right to work building up the city (and ourselves), because payouts - while not large - were very generous compared to what they are today.
Then - EA pulled up the drawbridge by lowering payouts and raising prices. So, anyone who wanted to get into the castle had to swim the moat and climb the walls. Those of us already inside weren't affected as much.
Soooo, it probably sounds a little... hypocritical... of us to tell them "everything will be - ok. Just wait."
It sorta like a lifeguard telling a drowning swimmer to "just be patient" while he paints the lifepreserver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for understanding, and you make good points. That's no surprise really, your posts always make sense, regardless of if I agree with your stance on the particular subject.

Just as a general message to anybody who feels that they're being ganged up on by people who are already residing in Donavan's hypthetical castle, I'd like to apologize for any hard feelings or misconceptions. In the heat of the argument, we all tend to let our emotions take control.

Speaking for myself, purely because I can't speak for anybody else, I can see where you are all coming from. Due to the nature of my arguments, it doesn't always seem that way. I try to look at things in a positive light, and sometimes that blinds me from acknowledging the "negative" opinions, regardless of the fact that I think the same things on occasion.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, and realizes it, but like I said, I can only speak for myself.

So, as always, I hope there are no hard feelings.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As to the negative impact on payouts - I doubt anybody feels their "tiny" bit of involvement is going to make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh - you're not going to present an object lesson from a cartoon, are you?
If you are - I see your "Bugs Life", and raise you a "Die Hard".

[/ QUOTE ]But it was just one puny little ant...

D

dittie

<blockquote><hr>

Old players who were used to instant success may well feel that way, but new players, unless they hear us complaining about changes have no expectations and should have no issue playing the game at whatever pace is necessary to succeed.

I think in all the controversy players have forgotten to have fun getting to their goal. Look at it this way, the longer it takes to get there the more fun you have on the way. Maybe its like taking a cross country road trip via route 66 or the much faster highway. Sure its faster, but its alot more fun to take the long road.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

I'm a new player (since 3 days) and enjoy having to work for my simoleans and to actually achieve something. I can understand that if you have had everything handed to you on a golden plate back in the old days it will be frustrating to actually DO something for achieving something but in the end it's more rewarding I think.

I think the old players should stop whining because they are sitting on Piles of simoleans with all the items they are having transferred from the old servers (supposing you can sell them that is).

As a new player i wouldnt know better and dont want to know better. I'm getting a bit tired of all the whining going on here. Go make some pizza instead of posting here how bad things are!

Apart from that i'm sure the devs will tweak the economy here and there once all merge and technical issues have been resolved.

G

Welcome to EA Land and Stratics dittie!

Thanks its wonderful to hear this coming from a new player.

G

AMEN to that dittie! Hope you enjoy the game as much as we do for years to come.

G

I know I have been one of the many complaining about the money issue in EA Land. But, I still skill and do a job track. As you get higher in the job track, the money isn't that bad. As I always say "Get a job you longed haired hippie... lol"

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

One of the biggest problems is that the vast majority of TSO players are use to an environment of simoleans being essentially worthless, and being able to buy whatever they wanted. No longer the case obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]That, I will agree with wholeheartedly!

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose this is really the crux of the problem. The existing TSO player base is so used to instant gratification, and basically playing in a sandbox where they could buy most anything, and furnish a house with anything they like, on day one if somebody tossed them a million to start with. Many of us used to give noobs a million all the time as we all had so much money it was ridiculous. Even if you started with nothing it took no time at all to amass a fortune with people paying out huge sums for visitor time.

Anyway, TSO was on easy mode for years and years, and now these players are being tossed into an environment that they actually have to struggle a bit to get where they want. TBH, the amount of struggle to get ahead in EA-Land is still VERY easy compared to most other online games. That really doesn't matter to people who want thier sandbox back, who want to get away from working and struggle.

The bottom line is that some of these easy mode players don't like the new environment and will quit. The only question is will new players who like a bit of challenge, and the old goal orient players who left, come in at a rate faster than the unhappy ones quit? My guess is yes, but we’ll see.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, or Antz that one was good too....the one ant trying to find his place amongst the millions......it fits.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Old players who were used to instant success may well feel that way, but new players, unless they hear us complaining about changes have no expectations and should have no issue playing the game at whatever pace is necessary to succeed.

I think in all the controversy players have forgotten to have fun getting to their goal. Look at it this way, the longer it takes to get there the more fun you have on the way. Maybe its like taking a cross country road trip via route 66 or the much faster highway. Sure its faster, but its alot more fun to take the long road.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

I'm a new player (since 3 days) and enjoy having to work for my simoleans and to actually achieve something. I can understand that if you have had everything handed to you on a golden plate back in the old days it will be frustrating to actually DO something for achieving something but in the end it's more rewarding I think.

I think the old players should stop whining because they are sitting on Piles of simoleans with all the items they are having transferred from the old servers (supposing you can sell them that is).

As a new player i wouldnt know better and dont want to know better. I'm getting a bit tired of all the whining going on here. Go make some pizza instead of posting here how bad things are!

Apart from that i'm sure the devs will tweak the economy here and there once all merge and technical issues have been resolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for such a positive post. I can see already that you are well on your way to becoming a core part of this community, and a breath of fresh air amongst all the woes of missing yesteryear. I was around for that, but I guess I am just weird in that it was when the payouts became huge, and there were no goals that I QUIT the game because it was BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRING. Now that there are things to do, I'm back again \o/ I've got $568 simoleans to my sim name, and am keeping that for tips, not objects yet, I'm concentrating on skilling what I want to skill when I get my amnesty locks and can lock them, rather than waiting on amnesty locks and then skilling it. This game has always been what the players make of it, and always will be. Some players seem to make lemonade, others seem to be making those sour lemon drops that make me feel like I'm swallowing my cheeks because of the tartness LOL.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Unfortunately it is all the old whining players that have contributed to the payout recession we are currently experiencing with game as well.

As I understand the game economy, money has to drain out of the game into pools from which then turn on the faucets of payouts.

One major drain is store owners buying objects to stock their stores. Every purchase they make goes into the payout money pools. The city is currently flooded with old objects from legacy cities and little is being bought new by store keepers. Until the economy absorbs all of these objects that provide no drain....we will not pull out of the recession.

I

imported_CherryBomb

Not picking on you, Gracie, just tagging the last post. :)

Bots will be defeated when payouts go to zero. Yes, I mean zero. It's the only scenario compatible with a balanced economy and cash-out. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just not thinking it all the way through.

CherryBomb

N

NightFlyer

If this is the case we'll be waiting a very long time for pools to fill.

I doubt all the "old whining players" would be willing to give up the things they brought with them to pull EA Land out of this recession.

Are you willing to do that, Gracie? Sell back for 0 all your stuff and buy new from catelog prices to help this economy? Somehow I doubt it.

I won't.

I can't make enough money to replace things I need/want/desire and already have and wouldn't in anycase. Somehow EA has found a way to drain not only the economy for the average player but the fun as well.

When they insist, by what ever means, I replace all my things for the good of the community and economy they had better have all the anti-botting, anti-cheating, over priced building, under priced pay on objects, over priced land, login issues, entitilement day discrepancies, lag, avatar leasing errors and scammers dealt with first or that will be the last straw for this old beta tester.

EA needs to find some other way of doing this. And it is not my job to come up with the way. When they pay me to think for them I will. SO far that offer has not been made.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately it is all the old whining players that have contributed to the payout recession we are currently experiencing with game as well.

As I understand the game economy, money has to drain out of the game into pools from which then turn on the faucets of payouts.

One major drain is store owners buying objects to stock their stores. Every purchase they make goes into the payout money pools. The city is currently flooded with old objects from legacy cities and little is being bought new by store keepers. Until the economy absorbs all of these objects that provide no drain....we will not pull out of the recession.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Gracie, again this is something that was predictable and should have been recognised from what happened when TC merged with TC3. I believe it was actually even mentioned to the devs well before the merges started. It also accounts for the high land prices, as that is now the only drain they have

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you willing to do that, Gracie? Sell back for 0 all your stuff and buy new from catelog prices to help this economy? Somehow I doubt it.

I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just proved Gracie's point. Everybody is screaming for things to get better, but they want EA to do it all, or the majority of it. There seems to be alot of double-speak....."I want ownership in the game" to "I want things handed to me, this is EA's game, let THEM fix it!" etc. etc. etc. Players are going to have to decide if they want to come off of old habits and old behaviors to do their small part to make things better, or if they just wanna deal with the way things are, infinitum. If it was me and I had an inventory full of stuff, everything except anniversary objects and rare pets, since those are not replaceable until amnesty and now that we can't do pet pulls (yes, I miss that
) but the rest of it as far as I am concerned is expendable and replaceable, with time, and would help to pull out of this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bots will be defeated when payouts go to zero. Yes, I mean zero. It's the only scenario compatible with a balanced economy and cash-out. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just not thinking it all the way through.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are right, I am starting to believe that the reason they have not been so worried about bots. Is that they intend to do away with money houses all together.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are right, I am starting to believe that the reason they have not been so worried about bots. Is that they intend to do away with money houses all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's illogical. Free players are steered toward the ATMs by not being able to make money in EAL, but premium players still can, and never have to touch the ATMs if they don't want to. Are you suggesting that soon even the premium players will not be able to make money in-game? This is a huge chunk of game-play, what do you think they'll replace that with, and if we can't make money through moneymaking objects, what will be the purpose of skilling?

I

imported_princess45001

i agree 100% it was hard getting started but as of now i have size8 lot huge house with everything i want in it and thousands of dollars to spend at me leisure just from having a job.i believe if people come into game being a roommate and working til they can afford a house and everything else there will be lots less complaining.yes we pay fpr game and i have done my share of whining too but just like life you got to work for what u want,i mean how many had a mansion the day they were born?besides working to get these things is most of fun of game.if you come in first day and get everything the game has wouldnt the game get boring fast?

I

imported_princess45001

i didnt like it at first because was used to the "easy"way but now i actually can say i enjoy game more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's illogical. Free players are steered toward the ATMs by not being able to make money in EAL, but premium players still can, and never have to touch the ATMs if they don't want to. Are you suggesting that soon even the premium players will not be able to make money in-game? This is a huge chunk of game-play, what do you think they'll replace that with, and if we can't make money through moneymaking objects, what will be the purpose of skilling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and if they do away with the subscriptions and just leave the free play, we then have the same game set up as SL. which seems to be what the aim has become.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and if they do away with the subscriptions and just leave the free play, we then have the same game set up as SL. which seems to be what the aim has become.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on guys.....this is getting even more illogical. EA has said that TSO is way in the <font color="red"> red </font> and has been since last summer I believe it was said (?) and that if it can't get in the black SOON, then wave goodbye. Therefore, this game will never be kept open on just free subscriptions.

N

NightFlyer

I challenge you, CBrewton5, to buy land, build a lot (doesn't even have to be a size 8... how about a 6?) and furnish it completely with decent stuff paid entirely from catalog priced goods "for the good of the game".

Let us know when you have that completed. It is for the good of the community and EA Land, after all. Oh never mind, you would have to buy all your money from the ATM for it to be "for the good of the game". pffft.

BTW I have made many suggestions on how to improve this game and don't just sit back and wait for EA to do it all. You don't know me so don't make your usual ASSumptions.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

If this is the case we'll be waiting a very long time for pools to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you rely on old players to make purchases. New players arrive every day buying up all of your old things. Free accounts are purchasing simoleans so they can build and purchase items.

I believe I predicted it would take 4-6 months for the economy to become more balanced with the flood of all the objects in merges many months ago. However, everyone prefered to keep their precious items rather than start fresh.

So here we are. Given timem we will pull out of the recession as long as they do find a way to combat the bots.

G

I cannot believe it will take 4-6 months. People bringing things from their old city will use them in their house. I, for 1, loaded up on stuff I would need in EA Land and I am using it. But that is what everyone is doing. No one is buying anything. With my EAL Sim (the one i created day 1 who had nothing) went out and bought everything i needed. I think that is why the payouts back then were decent. People didn't have their old sims with their inventory to use. We all started from scratch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I challenge you, CBrewton5, to buy land, build a lot (doesn't even have to be a size 8... how about a 6?) and furnish it completely with decent stuff paid entirely from catalog priced goods "for the good of the game".

Let us know when you have that completed. It is for the good of the community and EA Land, after all. Oh never mind, you would have to buy all your money from the ATM for it to be "for the good of the game". pffft.

BTW I have made many suggestions on how to improve this game and don't just sit back and wait for EA to do it all. You don't know me so don't make your usual ASSumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not one who came from a production city with an inventory full of stuff, so I am not one who is contributing to the recession currently. I *have* been putting the simoleans I make back into the economy, leaving my sim darn near at zero most of the time, either by paying tips, buying a bit of CC, so on and so forth. I cannot accept your challenge because I am already a roomie somewhere, and moving out of that house would leave him on a lurch, so if you have a challenge I can complete without having to do that, then I will be happy to entertain the notion, but I'm not gonna screw somebody else in the process, sorry, nor am I not going to tip the places I skill at and make money, freeloading off them in order to buy objects, yet.

Here's a compromise. Migrators from the production cities came over with chocked full inventories. Instead of ditching EVERYTHING as I said I would were I in that position, how bout every person ditch 10-15 midline price items and buy those fresh. That will still leave you with a leg up, but will still do *something* to pull us out of the recession.....would you consider that a bit easier?

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Here's a compromise. Migrators from the production cities came over with chocked full inventories. Instead of ditching EVERYTHING as I said I would were I in that position, how bout every person ditch 10-15 midline price items and buy those fresh. That will still leave you with a leg up, but will still do *something* to pull us out of the recession.....would you consider that a bit easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluntary "let's help EAL by doing _______" programs have never, and will never work. You should know that if you played TSO.

Even if were made mandatory somehow by EA it’s impact would be insignificant. It might buy them a day or two more, and it certainly wouldn't do much toward "pulling us out of recession".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluntary "let's help EAL by doing _______" programs have never, and will never work. You should know that if you played TSO.

Even if were made mandatory somehow by EA it’s impact would be insignificant. It might buy them a day or two more, and it certainly wouldn't do much toward "pulling us out of recession".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, you are most likely correct, both because of the prevailing 'every man/woman for his/her simself, and because as you say it might not have a significant impact, depending on what you call significant. The OP of this post seemed to be crying out for payouts not to return to 'normal' but to what we were at 10 days ago, and I thought those drains to the economy might at least help steer toward that end.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP - TTL

There is no economic engine currently working.....

It's the devs...
It's the devs...
It's the devs...
It's the devs...
It's the devs...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It's the devs......reading data and making adjustments.

D

dirndingle

Someone, a mod, said that "the days of 10,000$ pizza rounds are over, get over it!", or something very close to that.

That is a straw man, as no one has asked for that, and there are other examples.

People are being chided and called lazy for simply stating an opinion.

As for your logical steps above, I guess I missed that you were responding to someone that said bots are part of the solution. Of course, I cannot agree with that, as I have watched other games die from being botted to death, but, what I can get on board with is the opinion that lowering payments will likely increase the number of bots. That's because the bot runners get used to a certain level of income from botting, and they get REALLY edgy if that goes down. I've watched it happen, with my own eyes, in other games. I don't see penalising the rest of us, by proxy, when all the botrunners will do is register a few more free accounts, and not really be penalised at all.

R

Roger Wilco

With the continued reduction in payouts we're now getting a lot more first time macro users running them for themeselves - not for resale.

G

So what if part of the plan the devs have to stop the botters is to start banning accts? I wouldnt be willing to risk my acct.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

So what if part of the plan the devs have to stop the botters is to start banning accts? I wouldnt be willing to risk my acct.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you 100% prove somebody is doing anything client side? Especially if they respond to questions (attended macro)?

And the TOS probably prevent me from discussing it in detail, but being banned is no big deal if you organize things correctly in anticipation of it.

G

Oh you think so? Did you read this thread? Lee is on scammers so it only stands to reason they will be just as fierce with botters.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Oh you think so? Did you read this thread? Lee is on scammers so it only stands to reason they will be just as fierce with botters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh

Proving somebody scammed is easy. Logs can do that quite nicely TYVM. Somehow naming your sim in a manner that is clearly attempting to impersonate a member of EA just MIGHT be easy to see also. Don’t you think? It's also easy to follow the handoffs and ban those also if needed.

On the other hand, PROVING with 100% certainty that someone is using a macro is not as easy. Not that they are a problem anyway according to our dev's.

More importantly, do you know what exactly a "ban" is, and how it is conducted? How you get around them? Would you believe me if I told you that it is possible to be back in game even before the dev's have finished high fiving each other after banning someone?

You can delete and ban accounts - not people. Or I should say, they can't ban people who understand what methodology EA employs in its halfhearted attempt to keep the person out.

As for botters, you don't even begin to understand them, how they operate, and why EA can't get rid of them. If you want to believe they can be banned then knock yourself out.

G

Other players can take their chances with your logic, I wont be one of them.

J

jackdoe

What i dont quite understand is , the devs have apparently lowered payouts because they feel there is currently enough money in the sim economy right now, which means that they must have ways of telling how much money goes in and out of our sims pockets...

If that is so then wouldnt they notice a huge increase in someones earnings via a bot program ?? , if they have this technology then why not just put the payouts back to a normal level and watch for a sudden large increase in a sims balance....
There doesnt seem a need to reduce payouts as a pre-emptive strike against bot users....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh

Proving somebody scammed is easy. Logs can do that quite nicely TYVM. Somehow naming your sim in a manner that is clearly attempting to impersonate a member of EA just MIGHT be easy to see also. Don’t you think? It's also easy to follow the handoffs and ban those also if needed.

On the other hand, PROVING with 100% certainty that someone is using a macro is not as easy. Not that they are a problem anyway according to our dev's.

More importantly, do you know what exactly a "ban" is, and how it is conducted? How you get around them? Would you believe me if I told you that it is possible to be back in game even before the dev's have finished high fiving each other after banning someone?

You can delete and ban accounts - not people. Or I should say, they can't ban people who understand what methodology EA employs in its halfhearted attempt to keep the person out.

As for botters, you don't even begin to understand them, how they operate, and why EA can't get rid of them. If you want to believe they can be banned then knock yourself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've got such extensive knowledge, one would have to wonder how you acquired said knowledge *rubs chin*.

I do agree with one point. EA would have alot less of this going on if they would conduct IP bans rather than singular account bans. Roger is correct when he says it is far too easy for a perma-banned sim to get back in the game, especially now that free accounts are out....all they have to do is be willing to reskill their sim and within a day or two they are back in business. Yes, it is possible to change one's IP address, but there are ways to deal with that too, I believe, because I have seen other games successfully carry out IP bans, so if they have the technology to do it it stands to reason that EA could acquire the technology if they aren not already aware of how it is done.

I

imported_LFancey

Good advise,

We can and will take all needed actions.

Cheers,

Lee

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part of this 10 page topic is good advice ??

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He replied to Niki's post, and her post WAS good advice, so I'd say that's what he was talking about, that the bots will be dealt with, one way or the other, which is FABULOUS news.

G

Just a guess here, but since he was replying to my post he probably was refering to that.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He replied to Niki's post, and her post WAS good advice, so I'd say that's what he was talking about, that the bots will be dealt with, one way or the other, which is FABULOUS news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the replies he could have chosen to reply to in this topic he choses that 1 sentence reply by a fellow mod ??? and they wonder why people are feeling ignored....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The post he hit reply to was Niki saying:

<blockquote><hr>

Other players can take their chances with your logic, I wont be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So my guess would be the advice not to take your chances with botting or other "illegal" means of gaining what you want. Basically I think Lee is saying he's keeping a close eye on things.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the replies he could have chosen to reply to in this topic he choses that 1 sentence reply by a fellow mod ??? and they wonder why people are feeling ignored....

[/ QUOTE ]

To clear up the terminology, Lee is a Dev, he is not a mod he works for EA. I am a mod, I am not a dev, I do not work for EA.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Good advise,

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clear up the terminology, Lee is a Dev, he is not a mod he works for EA. I am a mod, I am not a dev, I do not work for EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly who he is, but thanks for telling me